The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Blakros Matrimony


1,451 to 1,500 of 2,863 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

Kn: Local is my only good skill of those listed. Otherwise it is Diplomacy, Bluff, Appraise (Untrained), Intimidate (Untrained)

Hearing a little bit more about the guests, Iovo changes her mind. “It seems the only one that shares interests with me is Pellius. I hope they aren’t a fan of Sauerton Red.

Kn: Local w/ Pellius: 10 + 7 = 17

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

Huh, Shieara does have Kn. Religion (+4) so she could talk with Jakti -or- Aid someone else if they have a better modifier.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

Phinellippa and Damiar have the best values in that skill, but several others have it trained. Given you are headed out of town, I would suggest you just roll. Most likely we need more than a single success to do anything.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

[ooc]Here's what I see so far:

  • Phinellippa -> Jakti
  • Iovo -> Pellius
  • Shieara -> Jakti
  • Damiar -> ?
  • Garif -> ?
  • Rees -> ?
  • Verrix -> ?

    Once everyone posts where they're going we can do a little RP that may reveal some opportunities to boost your rolls (which I'll apply retroactively, so please go ahead and roll).

  • Silver Crusade

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    I was going to talk to Pellius, but my only trained skill in that list is Profession (miner), so looks like I get to bore Metella with some geology!

    Profession (miner): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

    Liberty's Edge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

    After the minor meeting with the others, Shieara takes a deep breath and slowly exhales.

    Alright, time to see what we can do.

    She approaches Jakti, with what she hopes is a friendly smile on her wave and a casual wave of greeting. "Hello, friend. Here to pay your respects too, eh? Sounds like Zarmina met all kinds of people in her line of work."

    "You've been travelin'," Shieara continues. It's not a question. "Even in good company and all, th' road's a tough place to be sometimes. Leaves a person lookin' wind-worn an' weary. But it's not a bad life, especially if you're one of Desna's ilk...or even one of the Lucky Drunk's," the redhead chuckles. "Doin' good where I can, havin' a grand time where I can...not a bad life, far as I'm concerned."

    Shieara looks at Jakti curiously. "If it's not bein' too nosy, what's had you on th' road so much? Most of these other folks seem like they don't have th' need or desire to travel any more than they have to. Some sort of cause, like mine?"

    Kn. Religion (Jakti): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Phinellippa waits until Shieara finshes her conversation, and then talks to Jakri.

    "Were you close with the deceased? It's such a shame. I understand that you are interested in mystical things? I'm a wizard myself, and always trying to learn more about everything! It's so fascinating the ways that divine forces shape our lives."

    Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

    Grand Lodge

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Rees watches and listens, glad to be able to fade into the background a bit as the new arrival distracts the elf twins' attentions. As the group breaks up to mingle, the tall elf mutters something and moves toward the woman called Doritannia. Approaching her from behind, he stops about a foot behind her and speaks barely loudly enough for her to hear. "Ill fortune falls most upon those who deserve it."

    Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
    Folio Reroll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

    What a creep...

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    GM SUMMARY LIST so that I can keep track.

    GM Dennis wrote:

    You only have two rounds of influence before the ceremony. You don't know for sure how much access you'll have to them afterwards, though they are all staying as guests in the house, as you are.

    No need for sense motives to determine skills (there may be other reasons, in which case I'll call for them); you can ask Al'Hakam for some insight (I'd been planning to tell you the skills when you chose who to talk to anyway, but I guess it makes more sense to do it now).

    ★ ---- ★ ---- ★ ---- ★

    Temel: Appraise

    GM Dennis wrote:
    “Temel Pessad is a prophet of Kalistrade, an adherent to a strict set of personal codes that supposedly aid in one’s earning wealth. He is a clever man that the Society has dealt with before—typically under pleasant circumstances. His business ventures sometimes compete with those of the Five Kings Mountains, which has led to a rivalry with Metella Rauger.”

    ★ ---- ★

    Doritannia: Intimidate

    GM Dennis wrote:
    ”Doritannia Raffella, of Taldor, buys and sells alcohol and spirits. She comes from a common household yet elevated her status through her own acumen and hard work, though she recently fell on hard times. No doubt her experience would be a valuable asset to any business venture.”

    ★ ---- ★

    Metella: Profession (any)

    GM Dennis wrote:
    “Metella Rauger represents several trading houses from the Five Kings Mountains, and she has worked with the Society and its allies before. She’s stubborn but fair. No doubt she will be on edge here thanks to Temel Passad’s having decided to attend and honor Zarmina’s memory.”

    ★ ---- ★

    Pellius: Knowledge (local)

    GM Dennis wrote:
    “Pellius Melkior is from Andoran and has established himself as a reliable trader of durable goods in his country. Rumor has it that he has also looked into expanding his business into the River Kingdoms and Taldor.”

    ★ ---- ★

    Jakti: Knowledge (religion)

    GM Dennis wrote:
    “Jakti al’Awar has spent much time abroad and only recently returned to Qadira. He maintains a small business in magic items, and some speculate that his travels and business are primarily for scholarly purposes. What is known is mostly speculation; he is something of an unknown here.”

    Everyone: Diplomacy and Bluff

    ★ ---- ★ ---- ★ ---- ★

    Already committed:

    * ]Phinellippa -> Jakti
    * Iovo -> Pellius
    * Shieara -> Jakti
    * Damiar -> Temel
    * Garif -> Metella
    * Rees -> Dortitannia
    * Verrix -> ?

    Once everyone posts where they're going we can do a little RP that may reveal some opportunities to boost your rolls (which I'll apply retroactively, so please go ahead and roll).

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Damiar watches all of her friends go by, each chatting up someone, but leaving poor Temel alone. She brushes herself off and walks up to Temel. The Society didn’t choose him, and I think I’d best use this opportunity to make amends. Looking at the pristine white of his robes, Damiar takes a moment to prestidigitate hers to make sure she looks clean and presentable, and pulls out her wayfinder as jewelry.

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

    “Temel! Temel!” Damiar smiles as she walks up to the Prophet of Kallistrade. “Imagine seeing you here! It is wonderful to see you again, though I wish that it weren’t for a funeral. Did you know Zarmina Bahjari well?” Remembering how fussy he was on their earlier mission, Damiar is careful to maintain a respectful amount of personal space, and does not touch the man.

    “It seems like it was months since we travelled into Razmir on that rescue mission! Has business been treating you well? It looks like it has, you no longer look as thin and worried as you were on the mission, and if I’m not mistaken, these robes are new, aren’t they? Is that tien silk in the lining?”

    “Tell me all about the things you’ve been doing!”

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

    Introduction to go with the roll.

    Hello, I’m Iovo! I’m from the elvish homelands, where are you from?

    Assume some sort of honest reply.

    Andoran? I have traveled there briefly. I found it much friendlier than Taldor. I found in Taldor, quite a bit of it was who you knew. I tend to wander a bit, and once they no longer saw who I was connected with many would try to ignore me.

    That and Taldor’s fascination with facial hair. The men seemed very particular about how their beards looked.

    Andoran and The River Kingdoms both allow people the freedom to wander around, meet new people. You can just strike up a conversation with people, trade information.

    At that point she is willing to chit-chat, trade current information about locations she knows of.

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Since everyone is covered, Verrix can come in anywhere that he wants!

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    || Spell Templates

    Thanks for the recap block, Damiar. I've copied it and will keep it updated and repost when appropriate.

    I appreciate you bearing with me on this section, all. These influence mechanics run very differently in PbP than they do F2F, and each scenario does them a little differently.

    ————

    Iovo talking to Pellius:

    Iovo Apastron wrote:

    Hello, I’m Iovo! I’m from the elvish homelands, where are you from?

    ”Me? I call Almas, in Andoran home, though my business takes me all over.”

    Iovo Apastron wrote:

    Andoran? I have traveled there briefly. I found it much friendlier than Taldor. I found in Taldor, quite a bit of it was who you knew. I tend to wander a bit, and once they no longer saw who I was connected with many would try to ignore me.

    That and Taldor’s fascination with facial hair. The men seemed very particular about how their beards looked.

    Andoran and The River Kingdoms both allow people the freedom to wander around, meet new people. You can just strike up a conversation with people, trade information.

    Kn: Local w/ Pellius: 10 + 7 = 17

    ”Well, you do seem to have traveled around a bit. I would love to spend more time in Taldor and the River kingdoms. Sadly, most of my time these days is spent dealing with business interests in the Five Kings Mountains. Don’t get me wrong,” he says, glancing across the room to Metella, ”the dwarves of that land are fine craftsmen and fair business partners. Still, I would love to expand into other lands, perhaps connect with some new business partners.”

    You seem to have made a positive impression with him.

    ——

    Damiar talking to Temel:

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

    Damiar Apastron wrote:
    “Temel! Temel!” Damiar smiles as she walks up to the Prophet of Kallistrade. “Imagine seeing you here! It is wonderful to see you again, though I wish that it weren’t for a funeral. Did you know Zarmina Bahjari well?” Remembering how fussy he was on their earlier mission, Damiar is careful to maintain a respectful amount of personal space, and does not touch the man.
    ”Oh yes, quite well. Then again, every serious trader in the Inner Sea knew of Zarmina Bahjari. It is quite a shame she’s gone so soon. Still, some of us knew her better than others” he shoots a quick but obvious glance at Metella. ”I for one will have no problem speaking freely about my admiration for Zarmina, having spent time with her on many occasions, both professional and social. Some folks here may not have as easy a time when it comes their turn to eulogize the dearly departed during the funeral. I hear some” again he looks rather pointedly at Metella ”have even resorted to writing out their speech ahead of time. I think their words would be so much more meaningful if they were spoken from the heart, rather than from a scrap of paper, don’t you?”

    You seem to have made a positive impression, and he does not let on to any ill feelings he may have for not being chosen in Razmir. His hinting is fairly obvious, however: he would look particularly kindly on anyone that were to cause Metella to ‘lose’ her written speech notes.

    ——

    Rees Kovu wrote:

    Rees watches and listens, glad to be able to fade into the background a bit as the new arrival distracts the elf twins' attentions. As the group breaks up to mingle, the tall elf mutters something and moves toward the woman called Doritannia. Approaching her from behind, he stops about a foot behind her and speaks barely loudly enough for her to hear. "Ill fortune falls most upon those who deserve it."

    Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
    Folio Reroll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

    ”Oh! You scared me!” She takes a moment to regain her composure, then turns to speak with you. ”You may be right. A decline in fortune may truly be a just punishment for past transgressions. Still,” she says, wistfully, ”it would be nice to get a fresh start, free of the bonds of debt.”

    Rees Sense Motive DC 20:
    She seems to glance toward Temel as she spoke of the bonds of debt.

    Despite the rather unorthodox approach to begin a conversation, you have made a solid impression on her. She also seems to relax as she sees Temel chatting happily with Damiar.

    ——

    Shieara Enric wrote:

    After the minor meeting with the others, Shieara takes a deep breath and slowly exhales.

    Alright, time to see what we can do.

    She approaches Jakti, with what she hopes is a friendly smile on her wave and a casual wave of greeting. "Hello, friend. Here to pay your respects too, eh? Sounds like Zarmina met all kinds of people in her line of work."

    "You've been travelin'," Shieara continues. It's not a question. "Even in good company and all, th' road's a tough place to be sometimes. Leaves a person lookin' wind-worn an' weary. But it's not a bad life, especially if you're one of Desna's ilk...or even one of the Lucky Drunk's," the redhead chuckles. "Doin' good where I can, havin' a grand time where I can...not a bad life, far as I'm concerned."

    Shieara looks at Jakti curiously. "If it's not bein' too nosy, what's had you on th' road so much? Most of these other folks seem like they don't have th' need or desire to travel any more than they have to. Some sort of cause, like mine?"

    Kn. Religion (Jakti): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

    ”Oh, I travel to learn and to see. Wisdom can be found all over this world.” The large man fans himself a bit and tugs at his robes. ”Does it feel hot in here to you? The sun bakes on this building, yet the staff refuse when I ask them to open a window to let in a bit of breeze!”

    He seems interested in hearing your outlook on life, and you feel like you’ve made a bit of an impression on him.

    Phinellippa Dioptrice wrote:

    Phinellippa waits until Shieara finshes her conversation, and then talks to Jakri. ”Were you close with the deceased? It's such a shame. I understand that you are interested in mystical things? I'm a wizard myself, and always trying to learn more about everything! It's so fascinating the ways that divine forces shape our lives."

    Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

    ”Hmph. I’m afraid I have little time for ivory-tower mysticism.” He tugs at his collar a bit and wipes his brow. ”Damn but it’s hot in here. Blasted servants refuse to open a window!”

    He doesn’t seem to impressed with your wizardly ways. He also seems to be a bit uncomfortable in the heat, and is frustrated to see all the windows closed despite his requests to the staff to have one opened.

    ——

    Garif Stonetoe wrote:

    I was going to talk to Pellius, but my only trained skill in that list is Profession (miner), so looks like I get to bore Metella with some geology!

    Profession (miner): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

    ”Garif! How nice to see you again! I was just thinking about our trip up the river into Razmir, and all of the interesting geological features you pointed out. How have you been?” She seems genuinely glad to see you. ”It’s almost a shame that Temel is here to, to remind me of the less pleasant parts of that journey. I do wish I could get along better with him, if only he were to come down off his high horse a bit. Say,” she says, conspiratorially, ”what do you think of playing a little prank on him? Nothing harmful, mind you, just something to crack that arrogant facade a bit. I have a little packet of sneezing powder here. If it were to make its way into his snuff pouch, that would surely do the trick!”

    You seem to have made a very solid impression on her already with your geology, coupled with her fond memories of your earlier interactions. You do get the sense, though, that you could further get her on your side by participating in her prank.

    ————

    ★ ---- ★ ---- ★ ---- ★

    Temel: Appraise

    GM Dennis wrote:
    “Temel Pessad is a prophet of Kalistrade, an adherent to a strict set of personal codes that supposedly aid in one’s earning wealth. He is a clever man that the Society has dealt with before—typically under pleasant circumstances. His business ventures sometimes compete with those of the Five Kings Mountains, which has led to a rivalry with Metella Rauger.”

    ★ ---- ★

    Doritannia: Intimidate

    GM Dennis wrote:
    ”Doritannia Raffella, of Taldor, buys and sells alcohol and spirits. She comes from a common household yet elevated her status through her own acumen and hard work, though she recently fell on hard times. No doubt her experience would be a valuable asset to any business venture.”

    ★ ---- ★

    Metella: Profession (any)

    GM Dennis wrote:
    “Metella Rauger represents several trading houses from the Five Kings Mountains, and she has worked with the Society and its allies before. She’s stubborn but fair. No doubt she will be on edge here thanks to Temel Passad’s having decided to attend and honor Zarmina’s memory.”

    ★ ---- ★

    Pellius: Knowledge (local)

    GM Dennis wrote:
    “Pellius Melkior is from Andoran and has established himself as a reliable trader of durable goods in his country. Rumor has it that he has also looked into expanding his business into the River Kingdoms and Taldor.”

    ★ ---- ★

    Jakti: Knowledge (religion)

    GM Dennis wrote:
    “Jakti al’Awar has spent much time abroad and only recently returned to Qadira. He maintains a small business in magic items, and some speculate that his travels and business are primarily for scholarly purposes. What is known is mostly speculation; he is something of an unknown here.”

    Everyone: Diplomacy and Bluff

    ★ ---- ★ ---- ★ ---- ★

    Round 2:

  • Phinellippa -> ?
  • Iovo -> ?
  • Shieara -> ?
  • Damiar -> ?
  • Garif -> ?
  • Rees -> ?
  • Verrix -> ? (May make two checks)

    Please decide where you’re going for round 2. You have successfully influenced all of them to varying degrees.

  • Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Sense Motive? I got this!

    Sense Motive (vs human): 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 2 = 13

    ... and that's what it looks like!

    Rees narrows his eyes, but relaxes slightly after a moment. "Many have wished for that," he replies quietly, "but fresh starts are rarely given." A small frown crosses his face, and he turns, suddenly uncomfortable with his vulnerability before this stranger. With not another word, he disappears into the crowd, uncaring of how she might interpret his departure. That face... why would I think of it now, here? It doesn't matter. This woman... Doriwhatever.... isn't worth our time. Of course she deserves her misfortune!

    Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    After striking out with Jakti, Phinellippa decides to talk to Metella instead.

    "Metella! How are you since we saw you last? I hope everything is well. I'm still working on that dictionary, and I'd love to get your opinion on some words of dwarven origin that I've included."

    Profession(librarian): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

    CoCo chimes in, trying to help. "And the ink is very shiny!"

    Profession (librarian), to aid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

    Dark Archive

    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50
    Temel wrote:
    “Oh yes, quite well. Then again, every serious trader in the Inner Sea knew of Zarmina Bahjari. It is quite a shame she’s gone so soon. Still, some of us knew her better than others” he shoots a quick but obvious glance at Metella. “I for one will have no problem speaking freely about my admiration for Zarmina, having spent time with her on many occasions, both professional and social. Some folks here may not have as easy a time when it comes their turn to eulogize the dearly departed during the funeral. I hear some” again he looks rather pointedly at Metella “have even resorted to writing out their speech ahead of time. I think their words would be so much more meaningful if they were spoken from the heart, rather than from a scrap of paper, don’t you?”

    Oh right. THIS was why we chose Metella.

    It occurs to Damiar that the elegant Prophet of Kallistrade was what humans often referred to as a ‘dick’. The term ‘dick’ never fully made sense to her before. Why did humans often extoll manly virtues, but apparently sometimes disparage manly appendages? Still, she was quite certain that someone who would try to steal someone else’s words — her bard soul rebelled at the very thought — and more so do this to disrupt the funeral of someone he had liked — was the dickiest ‘dick’ she had ever heard of. Her blood boiled and she wanted to pour the fine red wine that she was drinking all over his pristine white robes.

    But no. To do so would be to betray the mission. The Pathfinder Society wanted and needed alliances. So Damiar never let her real feelings about this suggestion surface.

    Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

    “Temel,” Damiar smiles ever so brightly. “I’m certain that someone who needs to resort to notes will never outshine someone who speaks from the heart. Tell me, what about Zarmina did you most admire?”

    By the Gods, Metella will write the best damn speech in the history of speeches if I can help it.


    I am the tool of the GM

    Should we bot Verrix?

    Dark Archive

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

    I had forgotten you asked about it. Iovo is wearing her Wayfinder around her neck on a thin chain necklace.

    Think I will stay with Pellius

    Pellius wrote:


    ”Well, you do seem to have traveled around a bit. I would love to spend more time in Taldor and the River kingdoms. Sadly, most of my time these days is spent dealing with business interests in the Five Kings Mountains. Don’t get me wrong,” he says, glancing across the room to Metella, ”the dwarves of that land are fine craftsmen and fair business partners. Still, I would love to expand into other lands, perhaps connect with some new business partners.”

    Noticing who he looked at, Iovo says “That is one of the nicer things about the Pathfinder Society, all the travel and meeting new people.

    Have you considered working with us? We have lodges in Oppara and the River Kingdoms. The people there could probably get you some contacts locally to help you expand.” With a nod towards Metella, she adds “I believe working with us has worked well for her.

    She then talks a little bit about how the society has shared resources with merchants and drops a few names including Venture-Captain Esmayl ibn Qaradi.

    As I said before, in some places it is a matter of who you know.

    Kn: Local: 10 + 7 = 17

    Silver Crusade

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    Garif, quite confident he’d bungle any attempt to apply sneezing powder in any circumstances, decides to let someone else take that approach. Approaching the only other person he knows at this gathering, he joins Damiar in talking to Temel, hoping to help snow the man into believing her very convincing flattery.

    Bluff, Aid Damiar : 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

    Dark Archive

    4 people marked this as a favorite.
    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Damiar listens, awestruck, to Garif’s side of the conversation.

    The conversation that I hear in my head wrote:

    “...it takes events like this to make us realize that even the most solid granite can be sometimes porous...”

    “...build upon the rock of our foundation...”

    “...but I can see that you’re a man of sediment - er - sentiment...”

    Damiar beams and hugs her stalwart friend, “You’re a gem, you know that?”

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    Busy week, thanks for turning my rushed post into a work of art, Hmm!

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates
    Rees Kovu wrote:

    Rees narrows his eyes, but relaxes slightly after a moment. "Many have wished for that," he replies quietly, "but fresh starts are rarely given." A small frown crosses his face, and he turns, suddenly uncomfortable with his vulnerability before this stranger. With not another word, he disappears into the crowd, uncaring of how she might interpret his departure. That face... why would I think of it now, here? It doesn't matter. This woman... Doriwhatever.... isn't worth our time. Of course she deserves her misfortune!

    Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

    The look she gives the retreating Rees is a strange mix of fear, anger, and admiration. Dang, zero sympathy from Rees. Still, you seem to have continued your good impression on her.

    -----

    Phinellippa Dioptrice wrote:

    After striking out with Jakti, Phinellippa decides to talk to Metella instead.

    "Metella! How are you since we saw you last? I hope everything is well. I'm still working on that dictionary, and I'd love to get your opinion on some words of dwarven origin that I've included."

    Profession(librarian): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

    CoCo chimes in, trying to help. "And the ink is very shiny!"

    "Oh, Phinellippa, you're here too! It's great to see you again. I'd be happy to talk about some dwarven words with you, if we can find time after the funeral. Maybe this evening? Listen, though. Do me a favor and tell Damiar to stay away from Temel. I'm just sure he's up to no good. Speaking of him, do you know any good words for pranks? I've got a great idea for one involving Temel. Interested in helping?" Her fond memories of your earlier journey help her to view your interaction through rose-colored glasses. She does seem disappointed that you're talking to Temel as well, though.

    -----

    Damiar Apastron wrote:

    It occurs to Damiar that the elegant Prophet of Kallistrade was what humans often referred to as a ‘dick’. The term ‘dick’ never fully made sense to her before. Why did humans often extoll manly virtues, but apparently sometimes disparage manly appendages? Still, she was quite certain that someone who would try to steal someone else’s words — her bard soul rebelled at the very thought — and more so do this to disrupt the funeral of someone he had liked — was the dickiest ‘dick’ she had ever heard of. Her blood boiled and she wanted to pour the fine red wine that she was drinking all over his pristine white robes.

    But no. To do so would be to betray the mission. The Pathfinder Society wanted and needed alliances. So Damiar never let her real feelings about this suggestion surface.

    Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

    “Temel,” Damiar smiles ever so brightly. “I’m certain that someone who needs to resort to notes will never outshine someone who speaks from the heart. Tell me, what about Zarmina did you most admire?”

    By the Gods, Metella will write the best damn speech in the history of speeches if I can help it.

    "Oh, I greatly admired her command of language. She always new exactly what to say to close a deal. She certainly never resorted to using notes."

    Garif Stonetoe (sorta) wrote:

    “...it takes events like this to make us realize that even the most solid granite can be sometimes porous...”

    “...build upon the rock of our foundation...”

    “...but I can see that you’re a man of sediment - er - sentiment...”

    Bluff, Aid Damiar : 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

    You seem to have continued making a positive impression, even without helping in his prank. Garif's puns help.

    -----

    Iovo Apastron wrote:

    Noticing who he looked at, Iovo says “That is one of the nicer things about the Pathfinder Society, all the travel and meeting new people.

    Have you considered working with us? We have lodges in Oppara and the River Kingdoms. The people there could probably get you some contacts locally to help you expand.” With a nod towards Metella, she adds “I believe working with us has worked well for her.

    She then talks a little bit about how the society has shared resources with merchants and drops a few names including Venture-Captain Esmayl ibn Qaradi.

    As I said before, in some places it is a matter of who you know.

    Kn: Local: 10 + 7 = 17

    "Hm, I shall consider it. You certainly do seem to have some very valuable contacts." You have continued your good impression.

    ★ ---- ★ ---- ★ ---- ★

    Temel: Appraise

    GM Dennis wrote:
    “Temel Pessad is a prophet of Kalistrade, an adherent to a strict set of personal codes that supposedly aid in one’s earning wealth. He is a clever man that the Society has dealt with before—typically under pleasant circumstances. His business ventures sometimes compete with those of the Five Kings Mountains, which has led to a rivalry with Metella Rauger.”

    ★ ---- ★

    Doritannia: Intimidate

    GM Dennis wrote:
    ”Doritannia Raffella, of Taldor, buys and sells alcohol and spirits. She comes from a common household yet elevated her status through her own acumen and hard work, though she recently fell on hard times. No doubt her experience would be a valuable asset to any business venture.”

    ★ ---- ★

    Metella: Profession (any)

    GM Dennis wrote:
    “Metella Rauger represents several trading houses from the Five Kings Mountains, and she has worked with the Society and its allies before. She’s stubborn but fair. No doubt she will be on edge here thanks to Temel Passad’s having decided to attend and honor Zarmina’s memory.”

    ★ ---- ★

    Pellius: Knowledge (local)

    GM Dennis wrote:
    “Pellius Melkior is from Andoran and has established himself as a reliable trader of durable goods in his country. Rumor has it that he has also looked into expanding his business into the River Kingdoms and Taldor.”

    ★ ---- ★

    Jakti: Knowledge (religion)

    GM Dennis wrote:
    “Jakti al’Awar has spent much time abroad and only recently returned to Qadira. He maintains a small business in magic items, and some speculate that his travels and business are primarily for scholarly purposes. What is known is mostly speculation; he is something of an unknown here.”

    Everyone: Diplomacy and Bluff

    ★ ---- ★ ---- ★ ---- ★

    Round 2:

  • Shieara -> One check
  • Verrix -> Two checks

    Sense Motive DC 15:
    Comparing notes, you get a friendly feeling from Temel, Pellius, and Doritannia. You think Metella would be on that list, but for all the time Damiar has spent with Temel. She may need a bit more convincing. Jakti still seems pretty solidly indifferent towards you.

  • Silver Crusade

    Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

    Verrix hears the talk about playing a prank on Temel, and feels uncomfortable about it. After all, he knows he's a paladin, and that means he has to expect that people are going to play pranks on him for being too high and mighty all the time.

    He approaches Damiar and Temel.

    "Some are more comfortable with extemporaneous speech than others. I do believe that one can write from the heart, and if you then read what you've written, it doesn't undermine the writing that came from the heart."

    After a brief pause, he looks at Temel and continues. "I do admire, however, those who are able to speak without preparation and speak eloquently. It is not an easy thing to do."

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

    Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 15

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

    Seeing the grouchy looks that Metella keeps giving the Pathfinders talking to Temel, Verrix politely disengages and moves over to speak with Jakti.

    "I agree, it is a bit hot," Verrix says. "I wanted to introduce myself; I am Verrix. I was raised myself higher in mountains, so I am indeed used to a cooler climate."

    Verrix decides that claiming that he was raised by a silver dragon would be too much like bragging, so he suffices to say, "I have studied the religion of dragonkind, in particular Apsu-- no surprise, given that I am dedicated to the Waybringer. Knowing that you have some study of the arcane, I would be interested to know if you have studied any dragonkind?"

    Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

    Verrix will also attempt to flag down a passing servant. "I say, good fellow, I don't suppose you could open a window or bring some more air into the room? It's rather close with all of us here."

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

    The latter check may not have any mechanical effect, but it's worth a try.

    Wow. That was a terrible religion roll. I don't want to piss the guy off, so I'm going to use my folio reroll right now. Gotta enjoy the +5 from the stars while I can, given that I'll be back down to 0 when PFS 2.0 starts up.

    Knowledge (Religion) Reroll: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates
    Verrix the Pathfinder wrote:

    Verrix hears the talk about playing a prank on Temel, and feels uncomfortable about it. After all, he knows he's a paladin, and that means he has to expect that people are going to play pranks on him for being too high and mighty all the time.

    He approaches Damiar and Temel.

    "Some are more comfortable with extemporaneous speech than others. I do believe that one can write from the heart, and if you then read what you've written, it doesn't undermine the writing that came from the heart."

    After a brief pause, he looks at Temel and continues. "I do admire, however, those who are able to speak without preparation and speak eloquently. It is not an easy thing to do."

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

    Temel seems pleased with your diplomatic approach.

    -----

    Verrix the Pathfinder wrote:

    Seeing the grouchy looks that Metella keeps giving the Pathfinders talking to Temel, Verrix politely disengages and moves over to speak with Jakti.

    "I agree, it is a bit hot," Verrix says. "I wanted to introduce myself; I am Verrix. I was raised myself higher in mountains, so I am indeed used to a cooler climate."

    Verrix decides that claiming that he was raised by a silver dragon would be too much like bragging, so he suffices to say, "I have studied the religion of dragonkind, in particular Apsu-- no surprise, given that I am dedicated to the Waybringer. Knowing that you have some study of the arcane, I would be interested to know if you have studied any dragonkind?"

    Knowledge (Religion) Reroll: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

    Verrix will also attempt to flag down a passing servant. "I say, good fellow, I don't suppose you could open a window or bring some more air into the room? It's rather close with all of us here."

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

    The latter check may not have any mechanical effect, but it's worth a try.

    Wow. That was a terrible religion roll. I don't want to piss the guy off, so I'm going to use my folio reroll right now. Gotta enjoy the +5 from the stars while I can, given that I'll be back down to 0 when PFS 2.0 starts up.

    "Certainly, sir." Jakti gives you an appreciative nod as he watches a servant go open a window.

    ---------

    One more check from Shieara. I think given that she mentioned she was away from home, you all should decide what you would like her to do and I'll bot her (or go ahead and bot her yourself).

    Sense Motive DC 10:
    Most of the people seem pretty friendly toward you, with two exceptions. Metella seems like she would be convinced, but for all the time you've spent with Temel. She may need a slight bit more convincing. Similarly, Jakti was somewhat mollified by Verrix getting the window opened, but still could use a bit more convincing.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    BOTTING FOR WESLEY SHIEARA ENRIC:

    “The others mentioned you have some sort of business arrangement with the Society. Is that working to your satisfaction?”

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates
    Shieara Enric wrote:

    “The others mentioned you have some sort of business arrangement with the Society. Is that working to your satisfaction?”

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    "Hm? Oh, yes, it's fine I guess. Excuse me." That didn't seem to win her over.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    As the shadows lengthen, the cleric Umut emerges from the temple, calls for the guests’ attention, and requests they honor the deceased. With that, Aaqir al’Hakam and several other members of the Bahjari household carry a wooden bier bearing the shrouded body of Zarmina through the front door, up the stairs, and into the temple, where the guests file in afterward. Aaqir al’Hakam and the others lay the bier atop the altar of Sarenrae, and then join the other guests in the pews. I’ve placed you in the pews, feel free to rearrange.

    Umut opens the service by recognizing the goddess to whom the temple is consecrated as a sign of respect before transitioning to an invocation to “our lady of eternity, who shepherds the deceased to an everlasting afterlife.” Most of the prayers are in Osirion, though her bidding the soul safe voyage down the River of Souls is delivered in Common.

    Knowledge (religion) DC 20:
    Her execution of the funeral is less polished than one would expect of a priestess of her stature.

    With that, she invites the guests to come forward, place any gift to be interred with Zarmina on the table near the altar, and address the guests and the deceased. The merchants who have come to honor Zarmina all give splendid gifts. Doritannia Raffella speaks highly of Zarmina, and she further cites Temel Passad as a similarly upstanding member of the mercantile community who will certainly carry Zarmina’s torch of fair business practices into the future; Temel seems to expect this praise and nods in recognition of her kind words. Pellius Melkior likens memories of Zarmina to finely crafted dwarven stone—enduring, beautiful, and formed gradually over many years of virtuous work. Metella Rauger is somewhat embarrassed by this reference, but by the end of the Andoren’s speech, she is smiling in appreciation. Jakti al’Awar’s gift is a gold-and jewel-embellished ledger, and his speech praises Zarmina for having lived a virtuous and charitable life yet suffering neither the kowtowing of sycophants nor the underhandedness of villains. Jakti, Metella, and Temel all turn to look at you, indicating that it is your turn to present your gifts and say a few words.

    Sense Motive DC 20:
    You suspect that each of those three are more interested in whom you reference with your speech than what your gift is.

    One of more of you may give a short speech as you present the gift you brought. Please include a Perform (Oratory), Bluff, or Diplomacy check with your speech. Feel free to confer in the discussion thread first if you’d like, as you would have had time to do that.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

    Rolls to see what spoilers I can open....
    Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 3
    Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
    Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 18

    Verrix's brow furrows in consternation as he watches the ceremony. It's clear that something is bothering him.

    Liberty's Edge

    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

    Thanks for the bot, GM!
    ________

    Kn. Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

    When the time comes for the group to present the gift and offer a speech, Shieara's eyes narrow slightly as she catches the expectant looks that several of the merchants are giving them. She shifts slightly in her seat, leaning in closer to the others.

    "Seems those three right there are more innersted in which one of 'em we say pretty things about in our speech than the gift we brought," Shieara whispers. "Guess we'll get big brownie points if we name one of 'em...and a stink-eye from th' other two."

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

    Phinellippa tilts her head to the side during the ceremony, slightly confused.

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

    Garif sits respectfully during the service, not really understanding a great deal of the faiths being given their due, and fairly sure there are cross-currents within the group of mourners that he is completely missing. He's both pleased and slightly puzzled to hear Melkior describe his memories in terms of fine dwarven stonework. He slips a hand into the worn pouch at his belt and curls his thick fingers around a weathered bit of granite, taking comfort from its familiarity and solidity in this unfamiliar, exotic setting.

    He glances at his companions, confident that one of them will step forward to speak a few words honoring the deceased on behalf of the Society. I can be quite sure none of them will expect me to do such a thing.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

    Someday I will have to learn that language they are using. It sounds interesting. I bet there is all sorts of interesting wordplay that can be done in it!

    Although as far as you know Iovo doesn’t understand Osirion, she seems almost like she is paying more attention during those sections of the service than the others. She is puzzled when Shieara quietly suggests the others expect mention of them.

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

    As Umut gives her speech, Damiar notices right away there is something off about it. During a break in the service which people are rustling about to give their remembrances, Damiar leans in to tell the others, “Umut seems not as smooth as I would have expected of a priestess with her sort of reputation. Do you think she’s nervous doing a funeral for someone this important, or has something else got her off-kilter?”

    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

    Damiar doesn’t catch the odd underplay of social expectations of naming others in the speech, but nods when Shiera points it out. These games bother her more than a little. On the other hand, she had wanted to help Metella with her speech so that she could outshine Temel. Would this be a way to do it?

    She pauses a moment as she considers the implications of the speeches so far. Dortiannia praised Temel, and Temel considered it his due. He wasn’t surprised. He was expecting it. Pellius praised dwarven culture, and Metella smiled. And Jakti praised neither of them, and made a strange reference to sycophants. The more she thought about it, the more it seemed that Pellius and Doritannia seemed beholden to Metella and Temel. And Jakti... Where did he fall in all of this? The comment about ‘sycophants’ indicated a political undercurrent of its own.

    Damiar leans in softly to the others. “I wanted to help Metella with her speech but I don’t want to turn Zarmina’s remembrance into a political sham that was all about praising some guests at the expense of others. That does not seem right. Am I being too sensitive about this?”

    “Does any one else want to join me in making a speech? I think more than one of us can.”

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

    Verrix whispers back, "[small]I noticed the same thing. I can't help but be a little suspicious that this might mean something more.[/small]"

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

    When the opportunity to speak comes up during the funeral, Verrix stands and tries to sound dignified.

    "I am Verrix, speaking as one of the members of the Pathfinder Society here. Like some of the others in my group, I did not know Zarmina personally. However, I do know that she was an ally to the society, and family to one of our closest allies, Trade Prince Aaqir al'Hakam. As we remember her, it is important to remember that alliances are at the core of success, and that we are all stronger together than we are at odds with each other."

    He presents the golden, garnet-encrusted shield painted with the image of Sarenrae. "The Society would like to present this as a gift in the remembrance of Zarmina."

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

    Plus, like, several million for the gift.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

    She was a beloved mentor of Trade Prince Aaqir al'Hakam. May her teachings live on through his own practices and he pass the knowledge on to others. Though there may be competition between merchants, let it always be friendly and help to expand all trade borders.

    Aid Verrix in Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
    Bluff, Pass an embedded message to Metella and Temel: 10 + 5 = 15

    Embedded message: Cooperate!

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    "Her impact on those around her is clear from everyone gathered here. May we all be so loved after we go."

    Diplomacy, to aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    Phinellippa’s words help Garif frame his own thoughts, and he weighs in, ”It is a great tribute to Zarmina that so many people are here, their differences set aside, to acknowledge her passing.“ Well, sort of set aside, perhaps for a moment, but I could hardly say that at a funeral.

    Diplomacy, Aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

    Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Seeing that everyone else is speaking up, Rees hesitates for a moment before adding, "I'm sure she... served in her allotted role well, doing those things which were hers to do and placing the needs of her society above her own."

    Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

    Dark Archive

    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Damiar joins the other pathfinders to offer a eulogy for Zarmina.

    "When Iovo and I were young, our mother, an astronomer, told us that some people light up the lives of everyone they meet. When they live amongst us, they blaze like the sun, providing warmth and making each day more vibrant and real." Damiar holds up the steel shield, showing the image of Sarenrae, subtly linking Zarmina to the goddess that she loved.

    Then Damiar looks to Zarmina's family, Aaqir al’Hakam, his spouse Emir Thalzar Gaatan and their three daughters. "Such people, when they pass, do not melt into the sunset, but they continue to light our lives in a different way. My mother told me they become the stars that light our way in dark times, and that help us navigate when we are lost. All of us carry constellations within our souls, filled with the shining mentors that we have met, and who changed our lives."

    She takes a deep breath, recites...

    Come and dance among the stars
    Your place is held in our hearts
    You don't have to travel far
    Now emblazoned in our charts
    Part of our brightest constellation
    Remembered for generations

    Perform Oratory: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

    ...and then gently lays the shield with the other remembrance gifts.

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    || Spell Templates

    The assembled mourners seem pretty skeptical of your speech, not visibly reacting much until Damiar steps forward with the shield. By the time she has finished, however, many in the crowd are dabbing tears from their eyes. Metella and Temel both bear the subtle signs of disappointment, but Jakti smirks, clearly pleased that you did not side with either of the merchants. The speeches conclude as the sun approaches the horizon, its red light illuminating the room in crimson hues. Umut orates a closing prayer, finishing by brushing her lips against Zarmina’s forehead, whispers an inaudible message, and then brushing her hands gently down the body’s face as if closing Zarmina’s eyes forever. She then has several servants gather the gifts and informs Aaqir al’Hakam that she is leaving to prepare the mausoleum for the interment. Aaqir requests that the guests remain in the area for several minutes before they carry the body to the graveyard.

    While you wait Jakti al’Awar proposes everyone raise a glass and toast Aaqir al’Hakam and Emir Thalzar Gaatan. The guests each take a moment to praise the two, which gives you an opportunity to gauge their current feelings toward Aaqir by the sincerity of their toast.

    Sense Motive DC 15 (Temel):
    Temel gives a glowing and generous toast to Aaqir and Emir, praising them for the way they have honored their late aunt and speaking to the importance of continuity in business. You have clearly made a very positive impression on him today.

    Sense Motive DC 15 (Metella):
    Metella’s toast is polite, if not overly heartfelt. She does not seem entirely sold on building an ongoing trade relationship with Aaqir.

    Sense Motive DC 15 (Pellius):
    Pellius makes a sincere and heartfelt toast to Aaqir and Emir for bringing together such a network of people and speaks to the importance of making connections.

    Sense Motive DC 15 (Doritannia):
    Doritannia’s toast seems genuine and heartfelt, speaking of honoring the debts we owe to each other both in life and in death.

    Sense Motive DC 15 (Jakti):
    Though he continues to roll his eyes at the posturing of Temel and Metella and their allies, Jakti’s praise for Aaqir and Emir seems genuine.

    I'll give you a chance to make the Sense Motive checks (and your own toast to Aaqir if you'd like, though given your position as his agents in this matter, he will not be offended if you do not) then move us along.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

    Sense Motive: 10 + 5 = 15

    Let's see if I can't do something linking them to their god...
    Iovo joins in the toasting. "May they be a shining beacon of light guiding all around them away from darkness!"

    I hope that sounded better to others than it did to me. Guess I should pay more attention to some of this religious stuff.

    Liberty's Edge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

    Shieara breathes a small sigh of relief as Damiar stands and draws the eulogizing to a close with her own moving contribution.

    It's never felt quite right to speak about someone I never really knew, but I'm glad folks like Damiar can do it and be convincing with it.

    When the time comes to make toasts, Shieara quietly side-eyes the merchants...

    Sense Motive (Temel): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
    Sense Motive (Metella): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
    Sense Motive (Pellius): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
    Sense Motive (Doritannia): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
    Sense Motive (Jakti): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

    Huh...guess that's not too surprising, since they seem at odds from what the sisters were saying earlier.

    She shrugs and raises her own glass. "To Aaqir and Emir! Right smart fellows that look forward but don't forget to honor what came before!" Then she takes a drink from her glass, feeling pleased with herself.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

    Sense Motive DC 15 (Temel): 1d20 ⇒ 5
    Sense Motive DC 15 (Metella): 1d20 ⇒ 13
    Sense Motive DC 15 (Pellius): 1d20 ⇒ 6
    Sense Motive DC 15 (Doritannia): 1d20 ⇒ 13
    Sense Motive DC 15 (Jakti): 1d20 ⇒ 4

    Verrix remains silent, finding himself not able to read anybody.

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    Garif echoes Shieara’s sigh, glad that Damiar seems to have saved them all from an awkward moment. Opting to avoid yet another such moment, he raises his glass and takes a hearty drink rather than speaking.

    Sense Motive : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
    Sense Motive : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
    Sense Motive : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
    Sense Motive : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
    Sense Motive : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

    Phinellippa stays focused on Temel and Metella. She whispers to her group, "Temel is a lot more pleased than Metella right now."

    Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

    Rees takes a cautious sip from his own glass, but says nothing.

    Perception DC 16 (18 for humans):
    Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

    Rees didn't actually drink any of the wine in his glass.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

    They are both acting like posturing orcs! Lots of bluster over things that just aren’t important.

    Iovo seems slightly annoyed as she glances at Temel and then Metella. She whispers back “At least all the others here seem sincere in their toasts. I think we will need to talk to Metella after this.

    Concentrate on the positive! Surely what the others think is more important than one grumpy dwarf and a pompous self-indulgent human!

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Like her sister, Damiar is opting to take ten for every one of those Sense Motive checks.

    Damiar raises an eyebrow as she listens to the toasts.

    “Agreed. I do think that we may want soothe Metella a bit. Frankly I wouldn’t mind applying the sneezing powder to Temel if we can find a good moment after the ceremony. Frankly, he kind of deserves it. Jakti’s not that sure of us yet either, but he’s sincere in liking Aaqir and Emir.”

    Damiar raises her glass to share a toast of her own.

    To Emir, Aakan,
    Their daughters three,
    Tomorrow’s dawn
    And sweet victory

    To happy ends
    The wise enjoy
    To newfound friends
    To love, to joy

    The sun has set
    The stars rise up
    No need to fret
    Just fill the cup!

    Perform Oratory: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

    1,451 to 1,500 of 2,863 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.