The Fulcrum of Ages

Game Master Tech5bb

Game Map


451 to 500 of 617 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

Maldrek slips in front of the more physically intimidating members. "Don't worry, we have no intention of hurting you as long as you can help us. So tell me, is there a way you can help us?"

Bluff: 1d20 + 16 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 16 + (6) = 36


I...I.... dont know, what you want? what Mitey do? Please dont kill me?


Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

"Well Mitey, you can start with telling us where the nearby guards are and if you know any way to pass them without being noticed. I would also suggest being creative in what you think could help us. What you know and keep to yourself could hurt you."

Silver Crusade

Diplomacy or intimidate check plz


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

We promise not to hurt you but you must agree to help us by doing what he said. And if you do help us we shall reward you by not killing you and giving you this money...and a feather that smells like pears.

She jiggles the small bag of money to emphasize her point. She was still going to have a painful talk with a certain comrade of hers.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Sorry Zil but she's going to attack you in a bit. If there's one thing that can really push her buttons is doing something stupid like that. She tends to scold people who do stuff like that...violently. Just giving you fair warning. Hey she's not lawful good here now.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Fetchling Ninja 8 | AC18 , Touch15 , FF13 | HP 52/72 | F +5, R +13, W +4 (Immune to Mind Effects)| Init +7 | Perc +10

Zikamiri scolds at the tiefling woman, "I did what was best for the group. Had one of them caught the attention of the guards, our lives would be in danger. If you're too blinded by your compassion for these creatures to complete our mission, by all means, come at me, but don't expect to make it out alive." He turns away from Zaci, irked by her pretentiousness. I hope the rest of them aren't this weak willed.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

Maldrek shoots a positively scathing look at the two behind him bickering, as if to say Not now.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 10 + (2) = 24


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

enough, all of you the mission is first, period Morgrym states and then nods to Maldrek and aids him with diplomacy moving his force mace until it is hidden but still at the ready for the duration of the spell Morgrym says
see little one we will not hurt you

aid with diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Angelkin Warlord 8
Quick stats:
AC 26, T 16, FF 21; hp 90/104; Fort +12, Ref +11, Will +6; CMD 30; Init +3; Perc +11, darkvision 60 ft; resist acid/cold/electricity 5

Rather than crowd the room further, Eleanora stays outside the door. She hears Zaci and Zikamiri bickering, and considers giving them a piece of her mind, but decides against it. Let them sort out their own petty differences; the group as a whole had a job that needed doing.

At least Maldrek seems to have this in hand, she reminds herself. In the fetchling's oily tones, she recognizes the voice of a masterful manipulator, and feels better about allowing him to question the pathetic, sniveling creature. She alternates her gaze between the direction the group came, and ahead, scanning the darkness for any danger - there had been a ruckus, after all, and if anything else came, it would be better to get the drop on them.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Compassion has its place in the world. And besides a little bribe can make things easier and lot less messy than resorting to violence. I'm pragmatic. If compassion works then I'll then use it, if it doesn't then I'll either figure something else out even if I must resort to bashing a few skulls in. And besides what if there was some sort of magical alarm or spell that alerted the master of these creatures of their deaths. He might have investigated what was going on. And don't ever assume that I'm weak willed. Sometimes you have to be ruthless and other times you have to kindhearted. You have to decide and know when to use them and how.

this is before Maldrek gives us the look. Sorry I fell asleep while typing this.


Male Ifrit Pyrokineticist 10

Krayn just observes the others without saying a word. He imagines he would just scare the mite to death. He was at the moment a little bored with all the compassion talk, and wondering if certain people in the party wouldn't be more useful facing the floor with a knife in the back.


Mitey looks at all of you, as if considering what to do, he seems defeated as his shoulders slump and he sighs Guess Mitey have no choice, not sure what Mitey can do, Mitey not know much, Mitey just work here with the others cleaning and fixing the ma...ma...machines. They dont let us out, ever, we live here and work all the time, not sure how long we all been here now, but long time, yes.


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

I see. But what can you tell us of your masters? Any knowledge of them you have will be most helpful to us, and you want to help us don't you?

Despite Mitey being much much smaller than her, the tiefling knew how to turn up the charm on anyone.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

"Ah, the machines. That can be of great help. What do you know about them? Any particular weaknesses?"


Mitey know masters are bad! they take Mitey and tribe and bring us here, tell us to clean and fix. Tall one the meanest he zap Mitey's mate when she no longer able to work, she gone now.

Mitey pauses for a while, pools of water building under his eyes.

Mitey not know much bout machines, masters say to keep them away from the electricity, but mostly they already broken when we get them, hard to say what broke them, sometimes people like yous come, we always get more work after that


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

I see. So this tall one...what more can you tell us about him.

Zaci could understand and sympathize with Mitey which made her distaste for Zikamiri grow even more. She wasn't completely without morals and ethics. However she was mainly pragmatic. Yes the mission was important, but still sometimes a little kindness never hurt anyone especially if actually benefited you in the end. Besides it never hurt to have someone owe you a favor later on simply because you saved their life. That was how kindness really worked: get people to do things for you because you did something nice for them. Altruism was a waste of time and effort. Doing the right thing because it was the right thing to do didn't get you ahead in the world. So far, these people failed to understand that. Well sometimes...Maldrek and the cleric both understood it the most, but Zaci was quite surprised that the aasimar wasn't a goody goody. She smiled as she hissed in joy.

She then focused on the task at hand, Also you mentioned that people like us. Have others come here before us? What became of them?

She whispered to Maldrek, Best to find out what happened to the other groups sent in before us. It might aid us in better preparing ourselves against our enemies. Mitey here might even know if any of their gear survived and where it is kept. And if there were any survivors we should locate them to gain even more knowledge. Besides knowledge is power of course.


Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

Maldrek gives the subtlest nod. "Yes, that is a good question to answer as well. How were the others stopped? Not only does it help you to inform us so we leave you alone, we may even free you on the way out if we're successful."

Bluff: 1d20 + 16 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 16 + (6) = 28


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Indeed we shall give you this bag of money and pear smelling feather (I'm still wondering why I'm carrying such a thing), if you help us.

To show that they were telling the truth, she rolled two gold pieces towards Mitey.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Morgrtm posts near the next exit listening and then says
what do they do with the other people who come equipment, where do they store it


Gold no use to Mitey in here, Mitey and the others trapped here and never getting out, you like the others, you wont come back. You probably be dead like Mitey's friends, soon, like the others they keep your bodies in the cells as warning to others.

Mitey seems to find some resolve and he stands a bit taller

You help Mitey now! and Mitey help you now! or you kill Mitey and go, either way, Mitey is ready to join friends and be gone from this place


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Smiling a bit, Zaci replies, Very well Mitey. Take us to these cells.

She then whispers to Maldrek, It is best we keep Mitey alive as he seems to know the way and this makes him useful...for now. And I rather have a guide than go about bumbling around where our chances to run into trouble are great. If he does betray us then I'll take his head. I don't think he will as he seems resolved to take a stand against his masters and fear and desperation can be powerful allies. Besides think of this as a way to gain more knowledge and if we do find the other parties' gear we can take it. They won't be needing it anytime soon now that they're dead.


Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

Maldrek steps away to quietly speak to Zaci. "At first I was resolved to kill him either way, but it sounds like he has a bone to pick with them. As long as he is stealthy I think we can put him to good use with us. The enemy of my enemy is my friend...for now."


No! you get Mitey and tribe out of here and Mitey give you special key to turn off burning beams!


Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

Maldrek gives Zaci a look that says Oh yeah, he's going to be useful. "Deal Mitey. You can consider us allies, let's work together."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 10 + (4) = 33

Maldrek has every intention of helping Mitey and his friends escape as long as they don't do something to compromise the mission.


Male Ifrit Pyrokineticist 10

Krayn wasn't too happy already, but now he was clearly bothered. His hand was in the hammer, ready to just crush the creature and take the key from his body. However, the dark elf was smart enough to consider the creature maybe didn't have such key in him. Play along..., he thought, ... Kill this meddling bag of puke later.


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Indeed, Zaci whispered back to Maldrek, Besides he may also know other traps. These...beams might just be the tip of the iceberg in terms of...surprises the Technic League has in store for uninitived guests like us. Besides isn't it odd that we have yet to meet any living guards. Our run-in in the mines and what Mitey said about keeping the machines away from electricity is good to know. Hopefully the other groups have some useful things that we even the odds in our favor. However I'm concerned that the other members of our group may kill our little ally before he has become useful. We are in the domain of our enemies so any ally will be useful. It is best we keep Mitey alive...until it is no longer necessary or...I have a thought. We aid him and his tribe in escaping their masters so therefore in the future we can call on any aid we require. That is how kindness and compassion truly works my friend: to make others indebted to you.

Turning back to Mitey the tiefling said, Excellent and very wise my little friend. We look forward to aiding each other. Continue to be of use and we will make sure your masters pay for what they have done to you and your tribe.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

"Do you think we are a group of senseless killers?" As if on cue, Krayn steps past them. "Point taken. I'll give them a lesson in pragmatism if I must. I agree with your standpoint."


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Morgrym listens to all of the talk and finally says show us the cells where they put the bodies and we will then help your tribe as well in return for your help


Male Fetchling Ninja 8 | AC18 , Touch15 , FF13 | HP 52/72 | F +5, R +13, W +4 (Immune to Mind Effects)| Init +7 | Perc +10

Zikamiri quietly listens to the conversation Seems like I did them a favor he thinks to himself. He plays along with the diplomatic plan the others seem to want to use, but is ready to strike whenever he needs to. "Maybe if we're nice to those automaton soldiers, they'll help us out too."


Mitey leads you to the wall in the north west corner of the room where the body of one of the other mites, who's head is now caved in lays.

he steps over the body and pushes on the wall revealing a secret passage. you follow him into a larger cavern, that resembles a dank and squat living quarters.

up to 8 other mites are in and around the cavern and they all attempt to hide as you enter the room. Mitey says something in a langue your not familiar with and soon the other mites reveal themselves.

This whast left of my tribe, we were double this when we came here but the masters they hurt those that dont work and take away ones to weak to work.

He walks over to a table and picks up an amulet and hands it to Maldrek.

this get you past burning beams, we wear this when we clean up burning tall folks. you wear it no burn you

he then looks at the rest of you

Mitey do his part now you do yours, let Mitey and tribe go so we can be free, and kill masters should you find them please


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Very well you have kept your part of the bargain...most of it. Now tell us where they store the ones who came before us, and then you may go.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


You follow south tunnel, through room with burning beams, then long windy tunnel with the glowing humming machines, then to the room with the fire water, they keep the ones like you there


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

She studied Mitey closely to make sure he was telling the truth.

Thank you Mitey. We appreciate your help. Now, run along and get out of our sight! Before we change our minds. And if you warn your masters of us we shall not rest until we find you and make you eat your own noses! Oh and may the Lady of Graves watch over you as she watches over all of us. And trust me...she will not be happy to know that you betrayed us! Muhahahaha!

Zaci hissed like a snake and showed her snakelike and bat like fangs to the mites. Baring her fangs and hissing like a snake made her look quite intimidating. She hoped that the others would get the message and pretend to tremble in fear of her.

Sense motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

intimidate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Mrgrym describes to the mites how to use the air vents and also about the prisoners from the town in case the mites want to try to get help and he tells them about the boxes in the storebroom they can pile up to get to the air vent out


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Good ideas there Morgrym, Zaci whispered while still looking menacingly.


Male Ifrit Pyrokineticist 10

Krayn looks at the creature visibly bored. He didn't quite catch what Zaci and Morgrym were trying to do, although the idea of the creatures trying to free the tribe of the White Dove brought him a smile. They'd probably all die (or maybe, hopefully would), but the diversion maybe would help them.

As soon as they prepare to continue moving, he casts Ironskin on himself.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

@zaci you sense Mitey is telling the truth.

The mites quickly rush around to grab what few personal belongings they have and they all quickly hustle out of the cavern.

You are now alone in the living quaters.


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Well...that was quick. Little buggers move very fast. And he was telling the truth about the path to take to find where they store the last groups who came before us and their gear. I'm a bit concerned on how they stored the remains. Being a follower of the Lady of Graves I tend to be picky of such things.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

well lets follow these directions and get the amulet on someone who is in front looking for traps and see what we can find


Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

"Agreed. We've spent enough time here."


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

The tiefling monk nods her jead and agrees, hissing.

Let's be off then.


Male Fetchling Ninja 8 | AC18 , Touch15 , FF13 | HP 52/72 | F +5, R +13, W +4 (Immune to Mind Effects)| Init +7 | Perc +10

Zikamiri doesn't have trapfinding, so it would probably be better to have someone with a good perception looking for traps. He can disable them, just not so good at finding them.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Alright Zaci in front then wearing the amulet with me five feet behind lets move


Male Ifrit Pyrokineticist 10

Krayn goes right behind.

Silver Crusade

you follow the directions from Mitey heading south. The tunnel comes to a dead end, however after watching Mitey last time it doesn't take Zaci long to find the button to open the door.

You enter a long rectangular chamber, almost opposite the hidden entrance is a set of large double door. they are intricately engraved with images of a shooting star and a mountain with lots of other creatures around the base of the mountain praising it.

Down the other end of the hall are another set of double doors that you think leads back to the maintenance room where you first encountered the mite.

there are 3 alcoves along the north wall of the room each on contains a statue of an Elven man that is posed in different ways each statue seems to be try to be more regal or nobal than the next.


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

What do you suppose this mural means?

The monk was puzzled by the mural not to mention curious.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Morgrym looks over and then casts detect magic looking around at the doors, and the mural, and finally the statues first to see any magic and then concentrating to see strength and type


Female Angelkin Warlord 8
Quick stats:
AC 26, T 16, FF 21; hp 90/104; Fort +12, Ref +11, Will +6; CMD 30; Init +3; Perc +11, darkvision 60 ft; resist acid/cold/electricity 5

"Maldrek. You're a wordly sort. What do you make of this?" Eleanora jerks her head at the mural, keeping her hand on the hilt of her sword. "Does it depict anything you've heard of?"

She then looks over the statues, briefly wondering who would carve such pretentious subject matter. After watching it a few moments, she subtly alters her pose, as if trying to imitate the least 'regal'-looking of the statues.


Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

"Fascinating. A shooting star with a mountain being praises, and noble elves. Fascinating..."

Are there any relevant knowledge checks?

Silver Crusade

know History dc 18:

The mural on the doors depicts the event known as "Star fall", when a falling star hit Golarion and started a new age. It is believed that the star impacted in Numeria, the special metal used in many of the constructs called adamantine is also called sky metal as it came from the star that crashed into the planet.

@Morgrym you don't detect any magic on the doors or statues

451 to 500 of 617 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Fulcrum of Ages - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.