The Fulcrum of Ages

Game Master Tech5bb

Game Map


501 to 550 of 617 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Zaci studied the mural closely.

This is a mural of...Starfall...when some object fell and began a new age throughout Golarion. This falling star or whatever it was that fell also brought with it sky metal like adamantine. Strange...I wonder if the creatures praising the falling star are actually the Technic League members. Or they could be the barbarian tribes worshipping the star. I wonder if the falling star brought something else...

The tiefling monk studied the mural further as well as the rest of the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Now Morgrym will slowly look around for any traps or secret passages and wil while doing so pinch Zaci's rear and pretend he didn't

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Male Ifrit Pyrokineticist 10

Krayn starts moving towards the door. He levitates himself to avoid touching the ground, and starts examining it. He hears Zaci and shakes his head as if absorbing what she's saying. He prefers not to pay much attention to Morgrym's interaction with her... Madness shall embrace all, anyway!

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

Silver Crusade

There are no traps on the door. The door is unlocked.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Morgrym will open the door and then allow the medallion wearer Zaci to proceed through the door

Silver Crusade

you push open the large metal doors, they glide open effortlessly as if they weigh almost nothing.

Before you is a long hallway, glowing with purple light, down the hallway are recesses on each side, each one containing a purple orb.

The orbs hover in mid air, slowly pulsating with a soft and almost inviting light.


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Wait!? I'm the one holding the medallion!?!!!!! That's not in the script!

Although a bit annoyed and a bit surprised that the cleric had pinced her read end (she had playfully swatted his hand with her tail), she was now focused on the task at hand.

One question: if I'm holding the medallion what happens when the rest of you follow me?

She waved a hand in front of her ready to pull it back if the medallion doesn't work!


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Morgrym will carefully look through into the room beyond waiting for Zaci to enter and when she does follow right behind her long spear at the ready

perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Silver Crusade

Morgrym you notice small sparks of purple energy race across the surface of the orbs

Silver Crusade

Im going to need clear descriptions of wear you move or i need you guys to move yourself on the map please


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Zaci slowly moves through the hallway praying that the amulet allows her to bypass the death traps. Oh Lady of Graves be with me today and tomorrow and always...

Silver Crusade

Zaci move up to the first set or orbs, nothing happens.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Morgrym follows directly behind Zaci looking left and right hoping this works hands gripping the longspear ready and prepared


Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

Maldrek narrows his eyes looking around for any traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


Male Ifrit Pyrokineticist 10

Krayn follows behind Maldrek the best he can. He tries to search as well, using his trained eyes.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

Silver Crusade

@Maldrek you also notice the crackling energy racing across the orbs, you get teh distinct feeling that it could be harmfull.

this next bit is just to kinda prove my point about moving your selves on the map and giving you all a bit of a wake up call

Zaci wrote:
Zaci slowly moves through the hallway praying that the amulet allows her to bypass the death traps.
Morgrym also wrote:
Morgrym follows directly behind Zaci

As Zaci passes past the first set of orbs with morgrym in tow, suddenly the orbs crackle to life a deep purple arc of what appears to be electricity shoots out from one orb and thunders with a loud clap as it connects with the opposite orb.

gm screen:

Mogrym Reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 fail

damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Mogrym will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20sucess

As the beam passes through morgrym the breath is blasted out of him, and he takes 6 points of damage, a sudden feeling of despair and then falling into nothingness comes over him, but he recovers his composure and is able to shrug off the ill feeling.

this is a strange type of magic that none of you instantly recognise, however after a few seconds of contemplation those of you studied int he magical arts think you might have heard of it.

Know Arcana DC20:

you believe this is Void magic

The void is a complex idea considered by some to be a fifth element—one that comprises thought, space, spiritualism, and insight. Wizards who tap into its mysterious powers gain control over energies that bind the earth to the heavens and the planes to their mysterious and eternal alignments, as well as the powers that stitch living beings to their spirits.


Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 12 + (6) = 28

Maldrek explains what the magic going on is. See spoiler


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Breathing a sigh of relief Zaci realized something.

It seems that I'm the only one who can safely bypass these traps. Hopefully there's a way to turn off the traps on the other side. Surely they have to have some way of fixing the traps if they get damaged right?

Silver Crusade

you all hear the sounds of a low hum, and the hairs on your arms start to stand as you feel the build up of energy again, the purple orbs start to pulse quickly and small crackles of energy race across their surface


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Morgrym will race to the other side of the room looking for a way out

Silver Crusade

to the opposite side? or the side you just came in?


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Zaci decides to try something.

Lets see if this amulet protects me from here to the other end.

She walks at a fast pace hoping the amulet protects her.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

To the far side of the room following Zaci

Silver Crusade

Zaci is able to get to the other end safely,

Morgrym you will need to make 8 reflex saves as you pass each set of orbs.

reflex 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 fail
reflex 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 pass
reflex 3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 pass
reflex 4: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 fail
reflex 5: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 fail
reflex 6: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 fail
reflex 7: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 fail
reflex 8: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 pass

5 will saves

will 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
will 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 fail
will 3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
will 4: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
will 5: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 fail

damage: 10d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 2, 3, 6, 6, 3, 6, 1, 5) = 38
Blind: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4 mins

Morgrym you take 38 points of void damage and are blinded for 4 mins

are you sure that's what you want to do?


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Sighing Zaci yells at the others to stay where they're at so she can look for an off switch for the traps.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

I said I did it so I did, being active has its downfalls

Morgrym stumbles to the far side through the gauntlet of traps and says

we can toss the amulet between us for each trip while I heal and wait to see ifthe blindness wears off

Silver Crusade

at the end of the corridor to your left is a large elongated hexagonal room. in its center is a large machine with flashing lights and rows of buttons and to each side of the machine are two long red cylinders that are about 10ft wide each. there are several other smaller pipes that are coming from the cylinders that disappear into the walls.


Female Angelkin Warlord 8
Quick stats:
AC 26, T 16, FF 21; hp 90/104; Fort +12, Ref +11, Will +6; CMD 30; Init +3; Perc +11, darkvision 60 ft; resist acid/cold/electricity 5

Shaking her head slightly, Eleanora stays put, drumming her fingers on the pommel of her sword. "Any luck?" she calls across after a few moments.


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

I'm trying to figure this out! I'm trying to keep from setting off an alarm or blowing up the world! I really don't want to explain to Pharasma as to why I blew up the world! Just stand back and be patient! Lady of Graves help me...

Zaci decided to press one button at a time and see what happens.

Basically she's going to press one button, see what happens, and move on to the next button. And if that doesn't work, she's going to find a monkey wrench and smash something!

Silver Crusade

as your pressing the buttons you notice that there are strange symbols on the keys, you think you have seen them before. Perhaps on the amulet.


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Umm...do I need to make any sort of knowledge check here or can I just look at the amulet and you tell me what the symbols are?

Silver Crusade

a perception check on the amulet.

or a knowledge engineering check to try and work out how the console works.


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

She stopped pressing buttons and began to study the amulet...

Silver Crusade

you recognise several of the runes on the amulet, that also appear on the console.

however the runes are in a circle around the edge of the amulet, your not sure where to start.

Knowledge Arcana or Linguistics check to desipher the runes


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Linguistics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Zaci hoped the runes were Draconic...

Silver Crusade

you have a feint idea of the symbols, there are 9 in total, you think each symbol is a representation of a set of orbs.

You might need to take a closer look at the orbs to get an idea of the symbols. also you need to be careful to shut them down correctly because shutting them down all at one or in the wrong order might cause a power surge.


Male Fetchling Ninja 8 | AC18 , Touch15 , FF13 | HP 52/72 | F +5, R +13, W +4 (Immune to Mind Effects)| Init +7 | Perc +10

"Why don't you throw the amulet back this way so we can join and help you not blow up the world?"


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

WILL ALL YOU JUST SHUT UP! I THINK I GOT IT FIGURED OUT NOW!

Zaci began studying the orbs making a mental note of each orb's symbol and the symbols on the amulet as well as the order the orbs and their symbols were in before she went back to the console.


Male Fetchling Ninja 8 | AC18 , Touch15 , FF13 | HP 52/72 | F +5, R +13, W +4 (Immune to Mind Effects)| Init +7 | Perc +10

Zikamiri will go back to being completely and utterly useless.


Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

A very short temper for a monk. Maldrek thinks.


Male Ifrit Pyrokineticist 10

Krayn looked at the others close to him. He was growing tired of Zaci by the minute - and her utility was running out much faster. His eyes went to Zikamiri and Maldrek, and the drow swiftly let his hand touch his lucerne hammer. He liked the way the fetchlings worked and felt good in their companion; shadows shall darken their paths always he thought, letting a very sinister smile appear, still pointing at the weapon. He had worked with Eleanora before, and he knew she'd understand him in the split of a second.

Silver Crusade

just to speed this up

Zaci you are able to find the symbols on the orbs, you think you ahve worked out the pattern, and as you put the code into the console you hear a low hum as the energy in the orbs seems to dissipate.

Everyone else notices that the purple energy that was surrounding the orbs seems to have dissipated.

This has taken about 10 mins. Morgrym you are no longer blind.


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

After saying a prayer of thanks to the Lady of Graves, Zaci called the others to quickly hurry through the hallway.

Quickly now! There's no telling how long they'll stay off!

Silver Crusade

you are all now in the room with the console, there is a door in the east wall and a tunnel in the north wall.


Male Fetchling Ninja 8 | AC18 , Touch15 , FF13 | HP 52/72 | F +5, R +13, W +4 (Immune to Mind Effects)| Init +7 | Perc +10

Zikamiri will scout ahead down the tunnel.

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (19) + 23 = 42
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Female Angelkin Warlord 8
Quick stats:
AC 26, T 16, FF 21; hp 90/104; Fort +12, Ref +11, Will +6; CMD 30; Init +3; Perc +11, darkvision 60 ft; resist acid/cold/electricity 5

Catching Krayn's eye, Eleanora shakes her head slightly, almost imperceptibly. It wouldn't do for the mission, she thinks, though she had to admit the tiefling grew tiresome with her moral standing and constant flirting with Morgrym. She'd worked with worse, though.

After making it through to the console room, she proceeds to wait some more for the results of Zikamiri's scouting.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Morgrum can finally see again and taces after Zaci following closely behind glad that is all done and behind them

Silver Crusade

the path leads north for almost 100ft before ending at a dead end. there is a small path that breaks off from the main path about half way along, but then suddenly ends after 5ft.


Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

Maldrek examines the console to try to learn how to work it.

Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 12 + (2) = 34


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Zaci explained to. Maldrek what she knew about the console.

The symbols on the console, amulet, and the orbs match. They appear to be some sort of strange form of Draconic. I can't decipher the symbols but once I noticed the symbols on all three matched things started fitting into place. That's why I couldn't just simply throw the amulet to the rest of you.

501 to 550 of 617 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Fulcrum of Ages - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.