The Fulcrum of Ages

Game Master Tech5bb

Game Map


351 to 400 of 617 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Taps Elenora with the wand as she shimmies under the gate and says "my pleasure really. Ally in front of those creatures doing damage and taking damage means less damage to myself and all of us

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Indeed, Morgrym. And again, I apologize for my...assuming you were nothing more than a pawn of devils. I guess you could say that my asura blood makes me...uneasy around your deity's servants. So no hard feelings Morgrym?

She shimmers under the gate, making sure not to tear her sari, hissing as she does so.


Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

"I should, and probably quicker next time since I know how they work now. For now let us keep moving, that noise could have attracted attention."


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Nodding and hissing, Zaci replied, Yes, let's get going. We should also lower the gate just to be safe. If they see it up they'll realize we came this way. Best to cover our tracks and quickly leave. They might think we double back and went down another corridor.

Silver Crusade

ok thats weird i did a post the other day but its not in the thread..

anyway. you loot the bodies the only thing you find is the weapons. 4x +1 Halberds.

Once you all squeeze under the gate, you start to head down the hall.

Zikiamiri has scouted a head and he quickly returns a few seconds later with a report of more soldiers heading this way and by the sound of their marching there is a lot more than 4.

The passage way continues straight without any side corridors for some while and there is no where else to go except forwards towards the soldiers or back the way you came.

as the sounds of thunderous metal feet grows louder, Zikamiri notices a ventilation shaft in the roof.

You believe you could possibly climb up there.


Male Ifrit Pyrokineticist 10

We should probably go over there... - says the drow, proceeding to levitate himself and whoever else wants it.


Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

"Well done Krayn. Everybody up into the ventilation shaft."


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Morgrym nods and takea the levitation into the shaft quickly crawling in


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

I'm guessing none of you have ever heard of ladies first huh?

The faultspawn monk tapped her foot and hissed, annoyed at the lack of manners her companions had.

Yes, she's waiting to be levitated up. And did we close that gate behind us?


Male Fetchling Ninja 8 | AC18 , Touch15 , FF13 | HP 52/72 | F +5, R +13, W +4 (Immune to Mind Effects)| Init +7 | Perc +10

Zikamiri will wait for everyone else to go up before he does, knowing that he can avoid detection if necessary.

Silver Crusade

sorry about the slow updates, RL stuff and work ect...

Your all able to levitate up the ventilation shaft, (assuming everyone uses the levitate from Krayn, if not i'm going to need explanations on how you got up there)

you rise for about 15ft into the vent straight up before the vent turns and runs perpendicular to the passage way, horizontally. The vent is 5ft x 5ft enough that you could walk or crouch.

The white dove takes the lead as he heads deeper down the ventilation shaft.

Silver Crusade

you continue to follow the white dove for several minutes till he motions you to stop and listen.

you can all her the sound of someone crying, it seems to be coming from a vent shaft a little further a head. the white dove slowly walks towards the vent and looks down, trying to discern the source of the crying.

From the height and angle he is unable to see much so he unravels his whip and hands it to one of you and motions to hold it while he lowers himself down for a better look.

a couple of you old the end of the whip as the white dove lowers himself down head first. after about a minute he comes back up and informs you that below you are a set of cells. there are several people below one is a lady crying. He recognizes them as people from the town of Rendfell.

There are also 2 guards that he could see, both metal soldiers like the ones you fought previously.

What do you want to do? do you want to help the people or continue on?


Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

"We don't have time to meddle with this. Let's keep moving."


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

No. We might be on a mission, but we shall not abandon them. Besides they may have useful information that could be vital to us. Plus we owe White Dove for aiding us. And even if the rest of you vote not to help them, I shall aid them myself, Zaci said hissing at the fetchling's words.

I'll be starting work soon though, so I won't be able to reply but if the party moves away from the prisoners Zaci will bullrush one of the guards after drinking a potion of displacement.


Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

Maldrek narrows his eyes. "I will bow to the will of the majority, but threatening to go off on your own puts us all at risk."


Male Ifrit Pyrokineticist 10

Why would I care about them? - Krayn is shocked with the mere thought - I am not being paid to care for prisoners. We have another mission at hand. If we have time enough, after completing it, we could scan them and see who would be willing to pay for their freedom... Otherwise, I'm with Maldrek.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

We have a mission and when we come back this way we can release them but now is not the time
Morgrym speaks and then points and motions for them to continue crawling


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Besides it causes much confusion for the guards, allowing us to move about more easily. We don't have to babysit them. Their anger at their captors when directed properly will provide us a boon.


Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

"It will not cause confusion, it will warn them of our presence. If it's convenient we can get them on the way out."

Sorry Zaci, mostly evil party.


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Very well, but I will hold all of you to your word that we will return for them. It would have been useful in slowing down the guards. Besides they will certainly know that we are here already unless one of you closed that gate. Which I'm sure you did Maldrek.

She paused for a second. You did close the gate right, Maldrek?

Yeah I know. One of the reasons why I always ban evil alignments for PCs in all of my campaigns. Trying to make Zaci be the pragmatic of the group where releasing the prisoners will slow down the guards. Although if we didn't close that gate the villains will know that we are here!


The white dove listens to your conversation before interjecting.

Please, we must help them, these are my people, leaving them here is certain death and it is unlikely that you will be able to come back this way as it will be heavily guarded and fortified.

He lets out a long drawn out sigh, I understand you have a mission to complete and i dont want to jeopardise your main objective, what ever that is, so i will respect your decision, but i ask you to consider helping these people, they are a strong people and once we free them they will be able to fend for them selves, and as Zaci has mentioned it may prove as a diversion and lessen the resistance you might face ahead.


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Smiling and showing off her fangs, Zaci hissing as she said, He proposes an excellent idea and he is right. The fewer guards the better and these people can easily fend for themselves, providing us an excellent diversion. Besides they already probably know we are here.

Hissing again, she added, I know the rest of you want you to complete this mission, but the less guards there are not to mention a necessary distraction to force the guards away from us will be beneficial. Beside they know we are here already. Especially if someone named Maldrek didn't put the gate back down.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

considers the arguments of the White Dove and of Zaci carefully and finally says after much consideration,

there is nothing to suggest that these people downstairs will aid our overall mission or task. If you have some personal nature of these captives that lends you to believe that they can provide the distraction that you believe they can with some sort of skill in fighting I will be willing to effect their release. Otherwise we continue forward


Male Ifrit Pyrokineticist 10

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 On the White Dove

Horrible result! Krayn has no clue :)

The drow looks deeply at their guide, trying to determine his intentions. What's his deal with these people? What would prevent him from leaving with these people after they're freed?

All the "do-good'ing" proposed by Zaci, by other hand, wasn't affecting Krayn at all. The argument of these people helping them wasn't convincing in any aspect, neither he liked any part of the plan.

He crossed his arms, looking at the party, but spoke to the White Dove. His intentions were still absolutely a mystery to the dark elf.

Very well. - he said - You say these are your people. Then... Who are you? Who exactly are these people, and why are they imprisoned here?

Krayn had a no-b.s. attitude at the moment. Right now, considering the help provided by the guide and his obvious usefulness, the hunter was willing to help; however, his behavior was trying to make obvious he wouldn't do it in the dark. He needed more information - and, possibly, a better prospect of profit.


The white dove returns krayns look, although you can only see his eyes clearly you can notice pain come across his face as he speaks.

I was born and raised in Rendfell, I used to be the elderman of the town, but... but i was unable to stop them. I was away on a trade mission to secure a new trade agreement with a tribe of Khellish nomads when the Technic League came and captured every single member of the town.

he pauses and breaths deeply, then continues they spared no one, man, women and child was taken to work their mines, those few who tried to resist were killed in the streets, i returned to a ghost town. The only person who was left was a young boy named Levi who hid in a Silo when the Technic League came, and i have raised him alone ever since.

A resurgence of strength returns to his voice as he adopts a defiant stance I have fought against and tried to free my people since that day and i will do what ever i can to thwart the Technic league, hence why i am helping you. I ask you all now to help me in return....please


Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

Not one for empathy or guilt, Maldrek shakes his head. "I remain adamant. It's an unnecessary risk. Let's put it to a vote and be done with it. I vote no."


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

I have not heard an answer to my question of what mannet of diversion these people can cause besides running away


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Yes. Besides you're an idiot if you didn't close the gate.

Turning towards the cleric, she answered, The guards will attempt to recapture the prisoners and if the prisoners put up a fight then more guards will be forced to be called in to help making any encounters we meet to be easier. So the more guards being called in, the fewer we have to deal with.

Sorry for nagging about the gate. I'm trying to develop her personality a bit more. So I hope you're not offended Maldrek.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Angelkin Warlord 8
Quick stats:
AC 26, T 16, FF 21; hp 90/104; Fort +12, Ref +11, Will +6; CMD 30; Init +3; Perc +11, darkvision 60 ft; resist acid/cold/electricity 5

"We've been given a job, and this isn't part of it," Eleanora says quietly, though with a resolute tone. "We've spent enough time debating this, time that could be put to use on furthering our mission. My vote is no - this will not only slow us down, but possibly compromise our success if things go south."


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Zaci knew that the Drow was a mercenary so if she appealed to his love of money...

If you say yes, I will give you half of my share of any treasure we find plus half of the payment we get for doing this mission, she told the Drow.

When she heard the aasimar vote no, she was both surprised and amused.

Well well! It seems that you aasimars aren't so high and mighty. And here I thought you would vote yes, what with your celestial blood and all, but here you are turning down to help others! Ha! I bet your celestial ancestors are ashamed of you now!

She hissed at the aasimar, as if she was sticking her tongue out at her with a look of utter triumph written on her face.

Sorry about that but Zaci finds it quite amusing that an aasimar would not want to help others and is mostly ribbing Eleanora, in which she might be trying to change her vote. ;) also I'm surprised those guards haven't heard us yet. They might see the other's shadows. Remember Zaci has no shadow. :3


Male Ifrit Pyrokineticist 10

Krayn smiles at Zaci and look at the others.

While I agree we need to keep the focus on our mission, this man guided us here.

He points at the White Dove, then moves his warhammer to point to the direction where the prisoners were.

While all the strategy discussion about freeing these people to provide a diversion sounds like pure gibberish to me, I say we could help him now, and that's the vote I cast. We won't live forever anyway... And the madness embrace is just waiting for our minds to slip.

His eyes had something maniac about them. It was hard to tell if he was genuinely willing to help or if he had other intentions in mind.

Silver Crusade

so Karyn and Zaci are a yes

morgrym, maldrek and Eleanora are a No

and no word from Zikamiri so i'm going to bot him.

Zikamiri will vote No, which will give a majority vote to continue on without helping the captives.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The White dove seems deeply saddened by the decision as his shoulders slump.

Very well, let us continue, the entrance to the inner sanctum is not to far ahead.

he then turns and starts to walk away. As you follow him the sounds of muffled sobbing from some of the captives follows you for several meters before it is replaced with the soft humming as soft vibration can be felt through the vents.

either strong magic energy or other machinery is causing the ventilation shaft to vibrate.


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Zaci was not happy.

This shall be the last time I work with any of these imbeciles! Damn f@&~ing fetchlings! The cleric I know good and well is already heading to a burning in the Nine Hells. And to think I had a crush on that two-faced aasimar wretch! Well the dark elf is okay but he's too mercenary, so I'll have to keep an eye on him. Something about him worries me. That look on his face at times makes me think he's not right in the head. When this is over, I'm retiring! Going to go somewhere where I can setup an inn and tavern somewhere far from these morons!

Zaci hissed in annoyance as her fury boiled.

White Dove seems alright. He's not a bad person, a little anti-authority for my tastes but still his heart is in the right place.

She also began to wonder about their mission.

There is something that bothers me...why does the Council of Thieves want an artifact that can control time....wait...oh no!

As the realization hit her like a ton of bricks, she hissed in worry. She then quickly whispered to the cleric, seeing him as the only person she could...barely trust.

I just realized something: what if the Council of Thieves wishes to use the artifact to prevent the death of Aroden. That means they wish to rid Cheliax of your church as it was the current ruling family who stomped them out the first time right? And what if the Council wishes to send us on this mission as they know we will fail as we have become a threat to their plans?

Sorry for the cursing y'all out there. Zaci is a someone who likes to help others when it's convenient and beneficial to her and to her this was one of those times. Also the state of despair those prisoners were in reminded her of how she and her brother grew up before getting a job at an inn. So I hope there are no hard feelings and I apologize if I did.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

i cant speak for anyone else bu t i think your role playing your character fine Zaci, so dont apologizes for it, it's great to see a bit of tension :P


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

I could not in good conscience release those prisoners if they fail to have any skills to keep themselves alive, there is a huge mob of those mechanical fighters between the entrance and here below the vent, and releasing them to die is no better. Finally I have made a contractual agreement, and I will follow that contract and ensure we complete this mission. Letting those people die for our mission does not help it and releasing them could hinder it. Lastly, There are a lot of different views on the council. Do you think I would want to hand it over to those against my god or his will? I will pray deeply should we recover it and follow those crumbs to the truth.

Morgrym speaks quietly at length as they make their way along the vent feeling the vibration begin to pick up and then he says

I have said for your help I will help release those prisoners on the way back and I mean it, and then we can escort them out safely without threat, you have my word


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Cool. And yeah a little tension is good. Just as long as it doesn't cause us to backstab each other! Also I wasn't kidding about that gate. The moment the guards notice it is up, they'll know exactly which way we went! If it was down they would suspect we double back.


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Zaci was a bit surprised by the priest's words. She had not suspected that someone who followed the Prince of Devils to have a conscience. She also had to admit he was kinda cute.

You are full of surprises Morgrym. And no I don't think you would hand over such a relic to those who would endanger your faith just as I wouldn't either. To change time itself is a blasphemy towards the Lady of Graves herself as well. If it comes down to either destroying the relic and breaking my contract or handing it over to those who would misuse it I would choose to destroy it and contracts be damned. Besides you're not half bad looking...for someone who worships a prince of Hell.

She gave Morgrym a quick peck on the cheek before winking at him as she seductively swayed her hips and tail a bit.

I wonder if I have a bit of succubus in me.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

if you were a succubus I could enjoy your company for a profane bonus to wisdom


Female Angelkin Warlord 8
Quick stats:
AC 26, T 16, FF 21; hp 90/104; Fort +12, Ref +11, Will +6; CMD 30; Init +3; Perc +11, darkvision 60 ft; resist acid/cold/electricity 5

Eleanora ignores the comments from the tainted fiend-spawn, satisfied with her choice. "What's causing this?" she asks the White Dove as the group continues, indicating the vibrating walls.


as far as i can tell it's from their power source, what ever their powering takes a lot of juice, both magical and electrical. they have these strange glowing orbs that seem to generate all the power located through out the building. i wouldnt get to close to them if i were you though they will vaporize anything that directly touches them


you continue along for several minutes until a foul stench permeates the air through the vents.

the white dove indicates a grate to the left and begins to slowly remove it.

This is the closest i can get you, from here you will need to find your own way. from what i can understand about the complex they keep them most important things towards the center, however their defenses seem to get more intense the closer you get.

He looks at you all and with a slight bow he says I wish you all the best of luck, and i hope i see you again, wreak havoc on these bastards on behalf of the people of Rendfell, show no mercy for they will not show you any


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

The courtroom like life is filled with enemies and danger. I was raised in the worship of Asmodeus, however, it is my heart and mind which keep me there it is my shield and my weapon, my saving grace, and trust me when you swear to Asmodeus to keep the law and the contract no one ever breaks one twice. Some help please in getting down? Morgrym says with a smile to his now more appreciated allies


Male Ifrit Pyrokineticist 10

Krayn approaches and levitates Morgrym. At this moment, he's not smiling or even angry - his expression is strange, focused, as if he was lost in his own mad thoughts. Funny enough, however, he pronounces profane drow words while casting his spell-like abilities to levitate whoever needs it.

Silver Crusade

For those of you entering you find your self in a cave, the cave seems to be filled with rotting garbage.

MAP

here is the link to the map, its in a google doc this time so you can move your own portrait around and resize your self.

you can also zoom in by using the buttons across the top of the page.


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Gag! This place reeks! It smells worst than a rotten termite infested sod covered stable! Uh oh! I think I'm...I'm...going to...going...to...ugh!

The monk quickly runs to a cover and throws up.

Ew.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Morgrym levitates down stopping five feet below the ceiling and pulls himself along using the levitates duration to clear the refuse pile rather then walk in it and using stealth

Im a sneaky cleric Sir!: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Female Angelkin Warlord 8
Quick stats:
AC 26, T 16, FF 21; hp 90/104; Fort +12, Ref +11, Will +6; CMD 30; Init +3; Perc +11, darkvision 60 ft; resist acid/cold/electricity 5

"Farewell, and good luck," Eleanora nods to their temporary guide, shaking his hand firmly. "I trusst you'll be fine on your way out, since you seem to know the complex so well." Suspiciously well, she adds silently, accepting the levitation charm from Krayn and lowering herself into the refuse pile.

She's stood in worse things, and the smell doesn't bother her after some of the things she's fought over her career. Yet the squelching is disconcerting, she admits. "Alright. Left or right?"


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Having recovered, she wished their guide good luck.

May the Lady of Graves watch over you and guide you!

She shook his hand and slightly bowed to him offering a small prayer to him as well.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Which way seems to go deeper into the complex Morgrym asks as he pulls himself along the ceiling afraid of what might be living in that trash and knowing he has long minutes until the levitation wears out

351 to 400 of 617 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Fulcrum of Ages - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.