The Fulcrum of Ages

Game Master Tech5bb

Game Map


551 to 600 of 617 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

Maldrek nods. "Mhmm." As he studies it.

Maldrek speaks Draconic.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Morgrym will have his long spear drawn and be looking around attempting to detect any secret doors or hidden items in the room

perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Silver Crusade

maldrek, you believe that this console controls part of the complex, from what Zaci told you and from what you have seen you think that this machine could re-route the power from different section of the complex.

You recognise some fot he symbols, enough that you can guess a few basic functions such as "Overload" and "Off" as well as "Alarm" while you can guess as their effects your not sure exactly how they will effect the complex.

Morgrym there are no hidden doors or items in this room.


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

I speak draconic and can read it, but the writing is a bit...off. It's a form I'm not familiar with. Probably a more...archaic or ancient form of Draconic. Still you have to admit...and even wonder...how did the Technic League built such technology...it's...well a guess here but what if the Technic League has used the fulcrum to travel forward into time and brought back things from our future. A scary and very dangerous idea... Of course the Lady of Graves will surely damn every technic league member for interfering with time.

Zaci can do draconic as well but since my linguistics roll was a bit low I'm going to assume what she thinks: it's a form of draconic she's never encountered before.


Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

Linguistics: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 7 + (4) = 18

Silver Crusade

i never said the language is draconic btw

You can work out a few more symbols on the console, such as up, down, reset and on. But again you dont know the full ramifications of using these buttons.


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Wait what? Since I took a rank in linguistics and got draconic from it and then I rolled a linguistics skill check shouldn't it be draconic? It even says Linguistics (Draconic) on my character sheet. Not arguing. Just confused that's all.

Silver Crusade

if it was draconic why would you need a linguistics check to decipher it? having a rank in linguistics simply allows you to decipher writing in an unfamiliar language or a message written in an incomplete or archaic form. Just FYI


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Ah okay. I was just confused as when I took a rank in Linguistics I got an extra language added. But the way you described it helped out some. Thanks.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Watches the two of them fool around with the console knowing it could be inportant and says
any chance of making that thing you are looking at help us out?

Silver Crusade

Maldrek if you would like to use the console, make me an knowledge engineering check plz.

to be clear making the check means your using the console so if you pass there may be a positive result if you fail there may be a negative result.

Or you can choose to move on.


Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

Onwards for now. We may come back later.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Morgrym will follow Zaci to the next door but not inside looking into the room first now more cautious

Silver Crusade

you open the door in the east wall, it leads to a set of descending stairs, at the bottom of the stairs is a 10ft long landing with a set of double doors in the north wall.


Male Ifrit Pyrokineticist 10

Krayn, silently as he can, moves forward to inspect the set of double doors. He gestures for people to keep some distance, but then makes some signs to Zikamiri and Maldrek about their skills to find traps.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

Silver Crusade

you carefully inspect the door, something strange catches your eye, its seems to be a small wire, you think this is the trigger for a trap.

You also hear and feel a low pulsating vibration coming from the otehr side of the door.


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Zaci prepared herself, ready to move in case they were attacked.

Not sure if preparing my character against surprise attacks prevents her from becoming surprised or flat footed.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Morgrym will back away from the humming door and the trap
ready for the worst to happen


Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

Maldrek draws his weapon and narrows his eyes. "Be ready..." He hisses lowly.


Male Fetchling Ninja 8 | AC18 , Touch15 , FF13 | HP 52/72 | F +5, R +13, W +4 (Immune to Mind Effects)| Init +7 | Perc +10

Zikamiri will quietly move over to the door and see if he can safely disable the wire without setting it off.

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (1) + 23 = 24
Disable Device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25

This may be the time to panic...


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Depends on your definition of panic.


Male Ifrit Pyrokineticist 10

Krayn assumes some distance from the fetchlings and prepares his weapon. Whatever the trap would be, he wanted to be ready.

Silver Crusade

GM Screen:

ATK: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 214d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 4) = 10

As Zikamiri inspects the door he thinks he can disable the trigger mechanism, he spends a minute using his theives tools to carefuly pick at the lock and try to maneuver parts around.

Finally you all hear an audible "Click" you all let out a sigh of relief but suddenly you realise something is wrong,Zikamiri looks back up at you all with a look of impending terror on his face as he knows that, that wasn't a good click and he has triggered the trap.

An instant later the floor sparks to life, with electricity jumping in arc across the landing, Zikamiri spasms violently as the electricity passes through him dealing 10 points of damage.

Silver Crusade

Its been over 24 hours since the last post so i'm continuing

The floor continue to crackle with electricity

GM Screen:

atk: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 214d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 1, 2) = 8

Zikamiri takes another 8 points of damage as he continues to be electrocuted by the floor.


Male Ifrit Pyrokineticist 10

Krayn will levitate Zikamiri out of the floor, and bring him towards the stairs, close to him.

We will need a better plan to pass through this trap of electricity. I'm open for suggestions. - he says, austere.


Male Fetchling Ninja 8 | AC18 , Touch15 , FF13 | HP 52/72 | F +5, R +13, W +4 (Immune to Mind Effects)| Init +7 | Perc +10

Zikamiri will move away from the door, because despite standing there like a moron after getting shocked, he doesn't get off to electric currents coursing through his body.

Silver Crusade

after another 24 seconds the electricity in the floor begins to dissipate.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Morgrym channels enerfy to heal himself and Zikamiri, as well as any others a bit low on health

channel energy: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 2) = 9

Then seeing himself as still seriously injured he will expend an invisibility for cure moderate wounds
cure mod: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (3, 8) + 8 = 19


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Ouch. Is it just me or is this entire place one huge death trap?


Female Angelkin Warlord 8
Quick stats:
AC 26, T 16, FF 21; hp 90/104; Fort +12, Ref +11, Will +6; CMD 30; Init +3; Perc +11, darkvision 60 ft; resist acid/cold/electricity 5

"It's the base of most of the Technic League's secrets. Of course it's going to be heavily defended." Eleanora runs a hand through her hair, which falls heavily back into place, hanging like an iron sheet. "We may need to risk the trap. Is the door locked, or is it just the matter of this inconvenient trap?"


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

I was being sarcastic.

Zaci was getting tired of the high and mighty aasimar's mouth. As she hissed, the tiefling monk imagined using the angelkin as a rug...


Male Ifrit Pyrokineticist 10

Krayn ignores the Tiefling's bickering, limiting himself to silently agree with Eleanora by shaking his head.

Krayn looks at the door and tries to Dispel Magic, focusing at the Electricity effect itself.

Caster Level Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 I guess the CL of the trap caster wasn't -1, right? ;)

... But he fails miserably.

If we can't disable it, we could try dispelling this effect. I failed. Anyone else cares to try?

Silver Crusade

you believe the trap has been sprung and thus disabled, however its likely that the door is still locked.


Male Fetchling Ninja 8 | AC18 , Touch15 , FF13 | HP 52/72 | F +5, R +13, W +4 (Immune to Mind Effects)| Init +7 | Perc +10

Disable Device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27

Silver Crusade

Zikamiri re-examines the door nervously, he trys to pick the lock but fails, but luckily doesnt break the and can try again. (you could take 20, but it would take 2mins, unfortunately taking 10 wont succeed, or you could just try and re-roll.)


Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

"Let me try Zikamiri." The other fetchling steps forward and tries his hand.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 17 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 17 + (1) = 38

Silver Crusade

The doors clicks as they unlocks, they open into a circular room, the low hum no longer muffled by the doors, fills your ears. in the center of the room is the source of the resonance, a large purple glowing ball of almost pure void energy. it seems to be encased in a translucent force field. Below the floating sphere a hole seems to act as a siphon for this energy channeling it away, but the sphere of energy doesn't appear to diminish


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Um...I don't like this. I suggest we be extremely cautious here. That sphere worries me greatly.


Male Fetchling Investigator/Master Spy | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | HP 72/72 | F +3, R +10, W +8 | Init +4 | Perc +11

"Fascinating...an endless energy source? We may have to steal a bit more while we're here..."

Any sort of knowledge check for this?

Silver Crusade

probably not, but there "may" be a chance to learn more later


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

well Zaci, you have the medallion, our trapspotters can examine the room and if needed you can scout it with the medallion on Morgrym says as he attempts to look around the room for anything dangerous


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Zaci shrugged. Very well but if I get killed don't expect me to put in a few good words about the rest of you to the Lady of graves when you come to the Boneyard.

Zaci then entered the chamber with the medallion, hoping things would be alright.


Male Ifrit Pyrokineticist 10

Krayn gave a smile, pretending he cared something if the Tiefling died. He was certain they'd find a less annoying replacement fairly easily, and someone else could probably try to use the medallion.

Silver Crusade

as you explore the room you find a closed door in the north wall. as zaci approaches it, it opens.


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Okay, this is either not going to be good, or I'm just lucky. Lady of Graves, please bless me with all the luck you can spare.

Zaci looks out through the now-opened doorway, trying to see if she sees anything.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Silver Crusade

you see a hallway that turns sharply to the left about 10ft down, as you follow the hall way it turns sharply again back to the right and then continues with a slight curve for over 80ft. there is a door half way down this long empty hallway.


male Toreador (8th generation) 3xp saved

Morgrym will follow along behind Zaci with his longspear at the ready keeping a sharp eye out


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Zaci crept down the hallway keeping an eye out for trouble as she approached the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Silver Crusade

you dont see anything as you walk down the hallway. as you get near the door, you hear muffled voices coming from the other side of the door.


Female Faultspawn
Quick Stats:
AC24/32, T 20, FF20 hp75/79 F +9, R +11, W+11 Init+7, darkvision 60 ft.; Perc +11 DA evasion, still mind, Immunities disease, Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, CMB +11 (+13 trip); CMD 28 (30 vs trip)
Monk 8

Zaci stops suddenly as she hears muffled voices behind the door. She puts up a finger to her lips to signal the others to be quiet. Sweat ran down her face as she tip toed towards the door. She strained trying to hear what was being said.

Taking a 10 for Stealth and adding 3 from her dexterity modifier gives her a 13

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 Trying to judge if anyone is lying in order to pit their enemies against one another.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

551 to 600 of 617 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Fulcrum of Ages - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.