The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


72,301 to 72,350 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1442 | 1443 | 1444 | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | 1449 | 1450 | 1451 | 1452 | next > last >>

male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

Kevin is looking down at a clear touch screen, poking and sliding things. He starts to talk before looking up, giving a questioning expression, shaking his head and looking down again to finish the phrase.

"Can you put the light ou-... Where did you get that fro-... I don't wanna know. If you have any magic that you want to use to detect it, go ahead, but don't just try to scare it out of him. That's not how science works..."


Tryko'Sam, the Naked wrote:


The clearly perceptive Tryko'Sam, scampering back into whatever possible corner or wall he scampers back into-- clearly not showing great movement skills or any skill at the moving, seems to retreat rather than speak or intellectually react. His movements are still quick and inhumanly agile, but there's no skill behind them. His breathing is rapid and he constantly tries to keep everyone in sight.

Rena's entreatment of calming does appear to have helped some. In manner, but the words seem to fall on deaf ears... or like talking to a cat. A level of recognition is present, but nothing suggesting familiarity in his eyes looking at the three in the room with him.

He doesn't do anything to indicate he's going to attack, and he certainly doesn't appear to be 'fleeing'-- the physical barriers behind him at this point, seem to be stopping that.

Perceptive folk would notice that his brusied and ripped nails are restoring in their normal regeneration method, so that's still there.

Rena has no considerable charisma or skills in Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Rena slows her advancement and crouches down a good five feet or so away from the scared young(?) man. She hovers ever so slightly off the floor and continues to gently float towards Tryko'Sam with her wings splayed. "Deep breaths. Nobody here wants to hurt you or imprison you. Just breathe."

Rena's ear twitches slightly at Kevin and there's a minuscule nod. "Do you remember me? I'm Rena, and we're friends. Well, I hope we are anyway."


Male Humanoid

Isolab X

Rena's wings definitely block the glowing light, and her form and shape, clearly capture the attention of the cowering Tryko'Sam. As of yet though, no human language issues forth from his lips. Slight grunts and tons of expression. He does seem to be soothed by her efforts though! Getting into a crouch and 'mimicking' his position, helps as well. He's clearly fascinated by a) her wings, b) her face/body, c) her clothing, d) everything! Most likely a lot of d).

He does appear fully healthy, wild-eyed, but the 'fear' is going away. Nothing's jumped or tried to kill him in the past few moments since release from the pod. The room, oddly enough, doesn't seem to hold any interest to him. It's unrecognizable, according to his focus on Rena, or totally not interesting.

He kind of grins at her, or smiles, a lot of both. He's not communicating as a normal civilized human would be.


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8
Raelle del Sol wrote:

"Thanks," she said as smoke began to pour out of the lit smokestick. As soon as it did, she shaped it, using the smoke to create a visual mathematical model of the rift. Although to anyone but Melody it just looks like a lot of circles and lines, trailing around each other in an increasingly snarled looking pattern that resembled nothing so much as a child's scribbled drawing.

"This is the data you were missing. And here," she said, highlighting a section near the center in red "is your interference pattern. It really is. You were right about that," she added.

The tattoo on her neck was glowing a brilliant red now and blood was starting to drip from her nose. The spent smokestick dropped from her hand.

"I don't feel so good....I think I need to lie down for a min-" she started to say right before she passed out.

Ardiente had been keeping his distance up until now (against all his instincts), not wanting to disrupt the delicate procedure. When Raelle begins to collapse though, all restraint is forgotten and he leaps into action.

Reflex Save!!:1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25

Even with the stone floor twisting to launch Ardiente forward at terrific speed, he doesn't quite make in time and Raelle crumples to the floor unceremoniously.

There's a cursing under Ardiente's breath ("Hells freeze my feathers!") as he lands next to the unconscious form. Delicately, he cradles her, quickly checking to make sure she hadn't hit her head on the hard stone floor.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

At the commotion Arthur looks down from his position looking at the figures and says "woah, she ok? What happened?"


Image
"Ace" wrote:
Tyrrin Denulia wrote:
Tyrrin blinks and then tilts her head slightly to the side. "You said the first attack occurred shortly after the attack on the school, while the wards were still out of commission, yes? Who was Ginni with at that time?"

Ace paces, thinking. "Uh, not sure. I think I was researching a way to help track down that demon b#+!~ who has targeted your brother when the attack happened. Ginni wasn't with me then. Uh..I think she was with Melody? Maybe?" He continues pacing, wracking his brain, trying to remember who might have been with his girlfriend. "Wait a sec! I think Ginni was having a girls night during the attack, in one of the Sim Rooms. Vai was there, I think, cuz she went crazy and was attacking the other girls."

Seriously FCD, making me remember stuff that took place MONTHS ago!! LOL

"Well, I'm guessing that's the same group of girls she sits with at lunch. So I don't think that gives us any ne information," Jaiye said doubtfully, looking at Tyrrin to see if she had any better insights into things


Image Alternate Image Yet another alternate image this one showing at least a tattoo

There is a definite bump on her head, and a little bit of blood trickling down her forehead to match the blood trickling from her nose. The symbol on her neck is still glowing red. It might occur to Ardiente that this looks a lot like damage taken from overchanneling. Which still doesn't account for why she fainted, but then there's no accounting for the effects that staring into a rift in the universe might have.


Female Firebird Oracle 7

"It's usually just a... math thing... not a ratio, but a... I don't know, of how high their nose is in the air."

She smiles and holds her hand at an angle next to her nose.

"About here is usually 30-40 something."

She moves her hand and leans her head back.

"Here is getting around a hundred."

Now she bends backward, arching her back, trying to point her nose back at the floor the wrong way.

"About here is three hundred or so."

She loses the poses and falls with a 'boff' onto the floor, laughing.


Image Alternate Image - all dressed up.

Tamina laughed. "I see. So basically it's like when I have to act as ambassador to the fey....guess and hope like hell you don't mortally offend anyone."


Tryko'Sam wrote:

Isolab X

Rena's wings definitely block the glowing light, and her form and shape, clearly capture the attention of the cowering Tryko'Sam. As of yet though, no human language issues forth from his lips. Slight grunts and tons of expression. He does seem to be soothed by her efforts though! Getting into a crouch and 'mimicking' his position, helps as well. He's clearly fascinated by a) her wings, b) her face/body, c) her clothing, d) everything! Most likely a lot of d).

He does appear fully healthy, wild-eyed, but the 'fear' is going away. Nothing's jumped or tried to kill him in the past few moments since release from the pod. The room, oddly enough, doesn't seem to hold any interest to him. It's unrecognizable, according to his focus on Rena, or totally not interesting.

He kind of grins at her, or smiles, a lot of both. He's not communicating as a normal civilized human would be.

Rena's returns the smile gently, the warmth in her expression is genuine, though underlined by a small bit of concern. She's dressed in her typical free-spirited fashion of a white halter-top with a bit of extra cleavage (and room for wings!) along with a rich purple skirt, fairly short in length. Her long blue-white hair flows down behind her, done up in a simple braid.

Delicately, Rena reaches out a single hand towards the now-calmer Tryko'Sam, palm forward and being very slow and overt with her actions, careful not to startle him. She moves a little closer but allows him to finish the contact.


Damiani wrote:

"Silly shifter, though your strength of resolve is commendable, all things break apart in the maw of destruction-- change is more ancient than you suspect, or know. But, you don't care. Ignore me. That's fine. I'm having a great time here-- all this destruction gets me hot and bothered. It seems to be self-healing too! just like your friend was. He got boring though. Something not right about that one. Doesn't matter now though-- he's been broken as best I can." The mechanical chuckle that issues from the Mech is haunting and inhuman. All radio attempts to communicate having stopped a few rounds ago.

There's another few more rounds and barrages of the auto-cannon, large holes in the walls and more columns breaking-- Jeran's goal of helping bringing down the roof seems to be in progress.

With a few more well placed attacks, or dodges, he could cause the roof to fall. The Sigils are getting rather ...damaged, though. Much of the smooth surfaces have been destroyed at this point in one form or another.

Time to make this more complicated, awww yeah.

Vare blinks as his initial teleport is rebuffed, and he furrows his brow, concentrating. Again, he calls upon his magical energies to twist the dimensions and step through

Vare immediately grimaces upon his arrival, looking at the mechanical monster. He had seen what one of these golems could do once before and it was frankly terrifying.

Shoving the terror to the back of his mind, Vare triggers his contingency spell, and then moves his left hand to his right to touch the gold ring there, and pulls from it the power to cast a spell.

Suddenly a Wall of Force springs into existence between him and the mechanical monstrosity, offering shelter from the inevitable barrage of fire.

Quickend Wall of Force was cast and a free action to trigger Contingency: Freedom of Movement.


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8
Raelle del Sol wrote:
There is a definite bump on her head, and a little bit of blood trickling down her forehead to match the blood trickling from her nose. The symbol on her neck is still glowing red. It might occur to Ardiente that this looks a lot like damage taken from overchanneling. Which still doesn't account for why she fainted, but then there's no accounting for the effects that staring into a rift in the universe might have.

Ardiente tries to force himself not to blush as he conjures forth a blast of flame to engulf the pair, washing away Raelle's physical injury. The burst of flame is gone as quickly as it arrived. A slightly-blushing Ardiente stands, holding Raelle in his arms, and immediately turns for the door. "I'm taking her to the infirmary!" he cries back, though he's already mostly gone, taken off at a dead run, his already considerable speed boosted by his bending abilities.


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16
Jaiye wrote:
"Well, I'm guessing that's the same group of girls she sits with at lunch. So I don't think that gives us any ne information," Jaiye said doubtfully, looking at Tyrrin to see if she had any better insights into things

"Unless the attacker can be two places at once, it rules out anyone who was present. Of course, it is possible that they could be at two places at once."

Tyrrin slows to a stop in her pacing and frowns. "Did you say that Vai went crazy? Mild-mannered, shy, Vai Sunwake? That seems... unlikely. I assume some sort of enchantment magic was in play?"


Image
Vare, the Summoner wrote:
Damiani wrote:

"Silly shifter, though your strength of resolve is commendable, all things break apart in the maw of destruction-- change is more ancient than you suspect, or know. But, you don't care. Ignore me. That's fine. I'm having a great time here-- all this destruction gets me hot and bothered. It seems to be self-healing too! just like your friend was. He got boring though. Something not right about that one. Doesn't matter now though-- he's been broken as best I can." The mechanical chuckle that issues from the Mech is haunting and inhuman. All radio attempts to communicate having stopped a few rounds ago.

There's another few more rounds and barrages of the auto-cannon, large holes in the walls and more columns breaking-- Jeran's goal of helping bringing down the roof seems to be in progress.

With a few more well placed attacks, or dodges, he could cause the roof to fall. The Sigils are getting rather ...damaged, though. Much of the smooth surfaces have been destroyed at this point in one form or another.

Time to make this more complicated, awww yeah.

Vare blinks as his initial teleport is rebuffed, and he furrows his brow, concentrating. Again, he calls upon his magical energies to twist the dimensions and step through

Vare immediately grimaces upon his arrival, looking at the mechanical monster. He had seen what one of these golems could do once before and it was frankly terrifying.

Shoving the terror to the back of his mind, Vare triggers his contingency spell, and then moves his left hand to his right to touch the gold ring there, and pulls from it the power to cast a spell.

Suddenly a Wall of Force springs into existence between him and the mechanical monstrosity, offering shelter from the inevitable barrage of fire.

Quickend Wall of Force was cast and a free action to trigger Contingency: Freedom of Movement.

Jeran stopped what he was doing abruptly, nearly getting flattened by a ginormous hand in the process. But he managed to dodge at the last second. Bringing down the roof suddenly wasn't such a good idea after all.

"What are you doing in here, Professor?" he yelled. "And how did you even get in?!"


Image
Ardiente wrote:
Raelle del Sol wrote:
There is a definite bump on her head, and a little bit of blood trickling down her forehead to match the blood trickling from her nose. The symbol on her neck is still glowing red. It might occur to Ardiente that this looks a lot like damage taken from overchanneling. Which still doesn't account for why she fainted, but then there's no accounting for the effects that staring into a rift in the universe might have.
Ardiente tries to force himself not to blush as he conjures forth a blast of flame to engulf the pair, washing away Raelle's physical injury. The burst of flame is gone as quickly as it arrived. A slightly-blushing Ardiente stands, holding Raelle in his arms, and immediately turns for the door. "I'm taking her to the infirmary!" he cries back, though he's already mostly gone, taken off at a dead run, his already considerable speed boosted by his bending abilities.

"Well. Hopefully she will be alright," Aananda said briskly, a frown line refusing to budge from right between her eyebrows as she added one more thing to worry about to the already overburdened list. "Melody, were you able to get what you needed from that?"


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7

She circled slowly, letting the air currents carry her, freeing her mind to try and puzzle through all the chaos. Once again she was in the middle of events well outside of her control or understanding and once again there was no one who could or would explain to her what the hell was going on. Something was wrong with Kronos. Which meant that that same something was wrong with all four of us as well. To a lesser degree, but nevertheless, that was the nature of the connection. She thought. She could be wrong. This was, as usual, all guesswork here. But what could have possessed TIme itself to go crazy to the point of going to war with himself? There was no other way that he could have expected it to go, was there? He had to have known that Lysander and herself would never be able to tolerate Aurix's continued existence.....but what was the point in planning to fight him now? Couldn't Kronos just keep bringing him back again and again? They'd be battling for all eternity, and that was just not acceptable. She had children to raise, a school to run, and a somewhat run-down level of hell to rule. She did NOT have time for any more of this nonsense.

Ephebe landed. "Lysander? I have some questions...."


Male Humanoid

Isolab X

Kevin Ramos wrote:

Kevin is looking down at a clear touch screen, poking and sliding things. He starts to talk before looking up, giving a questioning expression, shaking his head and looking down again to finish the phrase.

"Can you put the light ou-... Where did you get that fro-... I don't wanna know. If you have any magic that you want to use to detect it, go ahead, but don't just try to scare it out of him. That's not how science works..."

Kevin's touch screen is processing his requests, which naturally take a few seconds beyond instant.

Data scan output:
Displayed for his reading, the summary of the scanning represents nothing outside the known range (which is extensive, coupled with the main data sources) of foreign material, and lingering magical auras (of which only the ambient magic /around here/ and themselves so far) are present.

Dunno if the Starcasters are 'magical', so that might be there-- there was 'teleporting' just earlier.

For the specifics on energies, that's when the scanners hum a second, and the only result returned is, 'Inconclusive readings. Unknown energy type.' Then it hums again and then says, 'Error. Unable to verify exact energy type. Possible new energy type. Inconclusive, and yet, similar to known energy types present in targeted subject. Fluctuations occurring, possible source of cause due to Illusion based magics, alternate non-known realities, or undefined energy type detected.' It seems to settle with, since it has good coding parameters on, 'Undefined energies'.

Nothing displays suggesting demonic presence.

Rena, Winged Halter Top wrote:
Delicately, Rena reaches out a single hand towards the now-calmer Tryko'Sam, palm forward and being very slow and overt with her actions, careful not to startle him. She moves a little closer but allows him to finish the contact.

Rena's outstretched hand is tentatively looked at and then touched, mirrored with a hand that has some motor control, but not a whole lot. At this point it's obvious that there's excitement at the actions going on with Tryko'Sam, but he's still not talking. Might be close to drooling though! He's displaying a ton of basic instinct actions, but not a ton of the intelligent, passionate (and at times, indifferent) manner known from before. The levels of fear are abating. He is also seems to be still reacting to the divine light from David.

One might suspect he's missing something up there at this point.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

"Her going crazy might have had something to do with the evil Vai that was attacking the school at the time." He sighs "It seems like we've hit more deadends then progress made"


Image
"Ace" wrote:
"Her going crazy might have had something to do with the evil Vai that was attacking the school at the time." He sighs "It seems like we've hit more deadends then progress made"

"Hey, don't be like that. Most of the work is figuring out who didn't do it, right? Besides, we also need to look at connections between the victims. Two out of the three are from the same social group, right? So what about the third? What connection does she have to anyone else in or around that social group? This should be easy for you Ace. You're part of the group too....who haven't we already listed?"


Female Firebird Oracle 7
Tamina wrote:
Tamina laughed. "I see. So basically it's like when I have to act as ambassador to the fey....guess and hope like hell you don't mortally offend anyone."

"What's a Fey?"

She pulls herself up onto a chair as Ardiente rushes past behind her.


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

Kevin taps some things, trying to narrow down the energy signature, comparing waves to known Demonic/Fiendish/Etc energies, just to be sure.

With that done, he tells the room go run a sort of "magical whitewash" that will cancel any lingering auras or continuing effects on him.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

"This is just so stupidly frustrating. Who in the Nine Hells gets off on killing young girls? I swear when I find this person I am going to inflict ten times the pain she/he has caused each of his/her victims." Ace's eyes flash red when he says this.


Isolab X

Kevin Ramos wrote:

Kevin taps some things, trying to narrow down the energy signature, comparing waves to known Demonic/Fiendish/Etc energies, just to be sure.

With that done, he tells the room go run a sort of "magical whitewash" that will cancel any lingering auras or continuing effects on him.

The response is the same-- 'Undefined' regarding the energy. Seems to be in a state of flux, of sorts, best estimate/comparison to known types. Definitely not Demonic/Fiendish.

The white wash is done, and there are no known magical elements remaining -- save what comes off from the surrounding area, or people who are. He's clean.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

"We good he's not a demon or possessed by one and I can go help people who actually need it yes?"


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16

not a true retcon..just s little catching up, has no effect on anything except to keep Mel in some kind of continuity sense, if that makes any sense.

When the food arrived, it took a little prodding from Hermes and Raelle to get Mel to at least eat a sandwich. she munches away as she works, still a little frustrated at realizing she missed some key things in her figures of the rift patterns.

In her concentration she barely noticed Raelle leaving. but upon her return, Mel is interested in what she found out.

in addition to Hermes recording, Mel uses her sonic to record the energy patterns Raelle is emitting.

Mel is positive that something is there in the rift. I knew it she says rather excitedly. Mel also does not even notice (or rather comprehend) Raelle passing out.

that fact becomes apparent when Ardente goes to her "rescue" ok cool hot boyfrient taking care of hot girl.. (kind of a reference to their firebird origins)

Arthur asks about the patterns Mel starts to say something in way of a translation but stops, after several attempts, I don't know if I can, it's as simple as it can get. considering the origin. I can try to explain later, when we are not in such a rush to save the universe. Maybe when i get back.

Mel goes to work on with the new information. but she seems concentrated on the anomaly detected.


Image Alternate Image - all dressed up.
Archena Surya wrote:
Tamina wrote:
Tamina laughed. "I see. So basically it's like when I have to act as ambassador to the fey....guess and hope like hell you don't mortally offend anyone."

"What's a Fey?"

She pulls herself up onto a chair as Ardiente rushes past behind her.

"They're a race of.....hang on a sec....." she gets up and walks to the door of the waiting room. "Ardiente? What happened?"


Vare, the Summoner wrote:

Time to make this more complicated, awww yeah.

Vare blinks as his initial teleport is rebuffed, and he furrows his brow, concentrating. Again, he calls upon his magical energies to twist the dimensions and step through

Vare immediately grimaces upon his arrival, looking at the mechanical monster. He had seen what one of these golems could do once before and it was frankly terrifying.

Shoving the terror to the back of his mind, Vare triggers his contingency spell, and then moves his left hand to his right to touch the gold ring there, and pulls from it the power to cast a spell.

Suddenly a Wall of Force springs into existence between him and the mechanical monstrosity, offering shelter from the inevitable barrage of fire.

Quickend Wall of Force was cast and a free action to trigger Contingency: Freedom of Movement.

Immediately upon appearing in the room, Vare will realize that he's practically teleported into the middle of a war zone-- and an environment that suits that.

The air is hot, thick with gasses and various dusts/plastic clouds, not conducive to anyone who breaths natural oxygen.

Vare Appears!:
Let's get a Fortitude save, I think DC 20 due to intentional and nastiness of a Pacific Rim sized behemoth trashing the place intentionally. If you don't make the save, you're taking a combination of chemical and fire effects-- might limit casting ability, or knock you out. Doing a theatrical 'fight', so not too concerned with the details as much as describing the fight. Remind me as well of any active spells beyond the Freedom of Movement and Wall of Force. And just for laughs, could you describe how the Wall of Force is defined?

Vare's appearance does not go unnoticed, and Jeran's near squash with a massive fist seemed more of a surprise to the Mech possessed opponent who to this point hadn't gotten close to hitting him.

"Bah, adding another to the fray? Caster no less. Annoying. But more living beings are always welcome to meet their end." A barrage of auto-cannon ammo slams into the Wall of Force, causing it to shudder some. The ammo can rip through space ships, but, apparently not the magical barriers.

The hanger bay is trashed, there are fires here and there, oxygen is slowly running out due to the sealed state of the area, and what is in the air isn't healthy. Never mind potential leaking of chemicals from Jeran's strikes and such.

Sense Motive DC: 25:
Either Jeran and Vare making this check would realize that the offensive nature of the Mech, stance and such, shifts slightly now that Vare's entered the scene.


Male Half-Elf
Kitty Tanaka wrote:


"Oh.....ummmm......I think my sense of humor might be broken," she said, relaxing into the hug as he rubbed her back. "....but I'm pretty sure my advice still works for that experiment," she joked weakly, at least trying to see some humor in the situation.

"Alright, let's see what we can find," she added, pulling away from him and calling up the arrows.

"Yeah, and then we can go relax a bit. I think.. I think we both need it." He says softly, keeping one arm around her waist as the arrows light up.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator
Melody Waverider wrote:

not a true retcon..just s little catching up, has no effect on anything except to keep Mel in some kind of continuity sense, if that makes any sense.

When the food arrived, it took a little prodding from Hermes and Raelle to get Mel to at least eat a sandwich. she munches away as she works, still a little frustrated at realizing she missed some key things in her figures of the rift patterns.

In her concentration she barely noticed Raelle leaving. but upon her return, Mel is interested in what she found out.

in addition to Hermes recording, Mel uses her sonic to record the energy patterns Raelle is emitting.

Mel is positive that something is there in the rift. I knew it she says rather excitedly. Mel also does not even notice (or rather comprehend) Raelle passing out.

that fact becomes apparent when Ardente goes to her "rescue" ok cool hot boyfrient taking care of hot girl.. (kind of a reference to their firebird origins)

Arthur asks about the patterns Mel starts to say something in way of a translation but stops, after several attempts, I don't know if I can, it's as simple as it can get. considering the origin. I can try to explain later, when we are not in such a rush to save the universe. Maybe when i get back.

Mel goes to work on with the new information. but she seems concentrated on the anomaly detected.

arthur throws up his hands in frustration "then find a way or I might as well leave because I need those figures to be able to protect you. So either translate, teach me the language, or hurry up and tell me that I'm just a spectator here, I don't care how "simple" it is, hell, give me a 5 pound book, just give me what I need to keep you alive"


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

Kevin answers without looking up from the screen.

"Yes. Take the keg and this vial. They'll make powerful holy water when you mix it. But I don't know how you're gonna get in there. The exit's gone."

He hands him a vial from his coat (also without looking) and pointing out the keg in the corner he brought in earlier.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave begins growing larger and the energy poring off of him increases dramatically, not that those around him could see it, though the scanners begin to pick up the energy.
He grabs the offered items and grins cheakishly saying "like this" before vanishing....
———————————————————————————
...And reappearing directly behind the giant robot, smashing the enlarged keg of empowered holy water over the exhaust ports "delivery for Mr Giant demon robot, one Keg of whop ass, at your service"
current active buffs, righteous might: DR 10/chaos, +4 str&con, large size, +2 natural armor, protection from evil +2 deflection bonus to AC, can't be possessed, Halo light as a candle, +2 to intimidate, I'm not actually sure what a barel of empowered holy water does, but an improvised weapon of that size does 2d8+12 for me right now.


Dave, I'm gonna add in a minor retcon to that last post on the grounds that you don't know exactly what you're teleporting into. You can't have a teleport error, but that doesn't give you scrying of the area before you arrive. He needs to take a second to react and assess the situation first please. Then you can smash a barrel of holy water onto the (presumably) possessed mech. :)
And this battle is cinematic so no worries on exact numbers.
Not yelling at you, just clarifying for future understanding of champion teleport.


Ephebe wrote:
Ephebe landed. "Lysander? I have some questions...."

"About time." Anwar mutters as he coaxes a purple worm to drink from several vials.

"Ignore him. I'll answer as best I can."


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

I did get a look into the room earlier, which should give him a rough estimate, but the robot has probably moved some since then


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
Lysander Sandwalker wrote:
Ephebe wrote:
Ephebe landed. "Lysander? I have some questions...."

"About time." Anwar mutters as he coaxes a purple worm to drink from several vials.

"Ignore him. I'll answer as best I can."

"What exactly is wrong with Kronos? How badly is it affecting us? Is it going to get worse? What's the point of fighting Aurix if Kronos can just keep bringing him back? I've done the time loop war thing. Trust me, it ends badly. Not getting dragged into this again. I mean, I want Aurix wiped from the face of existence as badly as you do. But I don't want to spend eternity fighting him. Why is Kronos setting his own Champions up to fight each other in the first place? What can we do to fix this? Like, at the aource. Also, I have some ideas that are probably terrible in that they completely ignore the importance of causality, but hey, Kronos literally wouldn't let me deal with a hole in the universe within walking distance of Avalon in spite of the fact that it's going to destroy everything if it isn't closed, so I figure sanity went out the window a while ago. Heck, I shouldn't even be here. I'm only here because the ghost of my alternate self brought me into her universe because....you know, I'm still not clear on why. She wanted me to protect her family.....but I can't remember from what.....it.....I used to remember.....why can't I remember that?"


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16

Mel stops and stares at Arthur, then she looks a bit hurt that he yelled at her. After a few seconds, I know you do, I'm sorry, sometimes I can be a little, ahh, difficult

she goes over to him, grabbing her datapad, Look, loys of this is a language that almost nobody can understand. for some reason I know it and can read it. it does not translate into any known language you can use. Here let me show you what these symbols mean and how they work.

Mel makes a few swipes and such with her datapad and the symbols appear there. she goes over the meaning but tries to keep it as simple as possible so she doesn't waste too much time going over stuff that really won't help (basically just what he needs to understand)

the symbols are basic Galifreyan. they seem to simplify temporal math and physics that more common languages would have trouble getting across.

with Mel's help I will go with a DC 20 INT check (not sure if you have linguistics skill)

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

he has 5 ranks in it, if that would help, int check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 (33 if linguistics would be easier
He frowns and seems to deflate and softly says "I'm sorry but this is important... I don't want to see you hurt..."


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16

either is good. didn't want to make it too hard, so I just went with a flat 50% chance of success. would be harder if Mel wasn't helping/teaching.


Image (doesn't have wings)
Michael Dacamara wrote:
Kitty Tanaka wrote:


"Oh.....ummmm......I think my sense of humor might be broken," she said, relaxing into the hug as he rubbed her back. "....but I'm pretty sure my advice still works for that experiment," she joked weakly, at least trying to see some humor in the situation.

"Alright, let's see what we can find," she added, pulling away from him and calling up the arrows.

"Yeah, and then we can go relax a bit. I think.. I think we both need it." He says softly, keeping one arm around her waist as the arrows light up.

"Sounds good to me," she said, leaning her head on his shoulder for a moment before they headed off to follow the arrows.

The arrows led them to a dusty and very full old storeroom. There were shelves and shelves full of things. Boxes of potions, magical doodads, all sorts of things all stacked on the shelves with no labels and no apparent rhyme or reason to their placement.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

well a 33 is still nothing to sneeze at,
"Hermes please record the explanation......... Ok, so that symbol there, that would indicate quark type? And that one denotes magnitude and also direction? Ok I think I got it... Enough to get back to work anyway... I may need to ask for help at a later point, but for now I got it.. thanks"


N/A Male voice Robot Ninja10/Machinesmith 1

"Yes, Sir."

Hermes does as told, doing the same pausing and recording thing form before as he takes up the rest of the space on the data crystal.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

When arthur hears the warning sound indicating that the recording device is nearly full he winces "ok, next time we get the opportunity to go back to the room you need to back that up on an external drive, an he a new crystal, encrypt the old one with... Let's go with a level 3 encryption, there's important info on that recording crystal, but little that's critical... Huh, I've had you recording more in the past few days than the previous month... Heh"


Male Half-Elf

Michael nearly groans in frustration. Why didn't anyone organize this place?!

"Okay, um... I'll start on the left side of the room and you can start on the right, okay? Mark boxes you've looked through too."


Image (doesn't have wings)
Michael Dacamara wrote:

Michael nearly groans in frustration. Why didn't anyone organize this place?!

"Okay, um... I'll start on the left side of the room and you can start on the right, okay? Mark boxes you've looked through too."

"Got it....hopefully this doesn't take all week," she said, eying the disorganized chaos of the room doubtfully.

Kitty starts looking through boxes, but she quickly gets confused about what she has and hasn't looked at, and Saffire was apparently feeling listless at the moment as he had zero interest in helping. Probably still worn out from wrestling with Nova. She looked at the shelves and bit her lip. And summoned a small troop of monkeys to help. Because it seemed like a good idea at the time....


Image

The room slowly thawed as Nala calmed down and got some semblance of control over her runaway emotions.

When she was calm enough she stepped away from Ryuzo and smoothed her lab coat in a nervous gesture. "I apologize for neglecting you, Jessa. I need to go and do some research in the library, but first, is there anything else you would like to see or do? Your tour did get interrupted."


Image

Phaezeriel gets the sense that he has made as much progress with Ginni today as he can. It will take time for more bubbles ton accumulate, and there is not much he can do until they do.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

Moves an appropriate distance, and retakes his human form, the look on his face showing no hint of anything out of the ordinary. He goes into a drawer in his desk and gets a wand out, and prestidigitates the room dry, easily deceiving the wand to work for him.


Image

Once everyone had a chance to grab some lunch, Keme left again, only this time he had to steer the unwieldy train of hovercarts by himself. It was both bad and good that they were also now much lighter.

Feel free to have anyone who wishes to hear the clatter as he attempts to steer this mess through the halls.


Or, you know, to sa- oop, spoilers. Just a sec.

Trying to sneak yet another slurk out of the pens and to their room, the Antairus Three look up in confusion at the sudden noisy train of floating metal coming down the hall.

Okay, now I can say it. Or, you know, to save the small children. Cause why wouldn't they choose just this moment to thieve?


Ephebe wrote:
*lots o' questions*

"I don't know, but I think Anwar might be able to shed some light on that if he doesn't melt himself with purple worm stomach acid." He says that last part loud enough that it's clearly a warning for his younger brother. "the point is to stall. I think. Kronos is probably trying to find which of the Champions of Time is the strongest so he can bring in a legion of them to beat all the other Patrons. He's pretty blatantly cheating. I don't know what the hole in the universe is about though, unless he's trying to fix the timelines."

"As for why you don't remember.. Well, I think the 'fix the timelines' idea holds merit in that regard."

72,301 to 72,350 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1442 | 1443 | 1444 | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | 1449 | 1450 | 1451 | 1452 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.