The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


72,501 to 72,550 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | 1449 | 1450 | 1451 | 1452 | 1453 | 1454 | 1455 | 1456 | next > last >>

Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16

"You're awfully calm about all this," she said suspiciously, not trusting Ephebe's seeming serenity.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7

Ephebe shrugged. "Well, historically panicking doesn't help much. Also, if you're right about what I am, then I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. Kronos went to a lot of trouble to make sure of it. He locked me in the hourglass and Lysander is the only one who could get me out. So.....what I want to know is, if this was the plan all along, why in the nine hells did he go to all the trouble of killing Balance if he only meant to bring Balance back later?! I know Patrons go a little nutty sometimes, but this is....too much. How do you go from thinking that the universe will be destroyed if Balance lives to thinking the opposite?"


"Oh, no, I'm sure the whole 'destroy the universe' thing is the theory they used. Patrons aren't the brightest candles in the temple, you know." Anwar chuckles. "I think we can expect to see a few of you coming to kill me off just in case."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:
"Oh, no, I'm sure the whole 'destroy the universe' thing is the theory they used. Patrons aren't the brightest candles in the temple, you know." Anwar chuckles. "I think we can expect to see a few of you coming to kill me off just in case."

"No, that's not....okay, maybe I should try and remember that you don't have all the info yet. Yes, the whole destroy the universe thing is the theory they used. As far as I am aware it's what the other Patrons genuinely believe. Which is why Kronos just threw up the multiverse's biggest distraction. If Andromeda's theory is right, Kronos turned me into a paradox engine for this. He knows what we're trying to do, and he's masterminded the whole thing, set all the circumstances in motion just so that we'd end up here. Not that I'm saying he's all that bright, but there are certain mental advantages to existing at all potential points in time at once. What I can't figure out is why he did it in the first place. I mean, he lost his Champion, took serious damage to his person and a reduction in his powers...all to kill Balance. And now he's trying to undo that? I don't get it. I know there's an angle. There's always an angle. But what?"

"Why do they believe that Balance will destroy the universe? And why are they wrong?"


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10

Grim tilts his head to the side and mutters "I suppose that's one way to find her" before taking to the air to look for the kobald


Female Kobold with a mushroom hat |Dragonrider 3// undecided

Tarka is still on the roof, quietly looking over the scenery.


"It's what they told themselves. Don't you remember the legend of the Watcher?" Lysander asks. "if Balance had remained, everything would eventually be in its control."

"Which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Shi doesn't want to be in control, no matter how much of a control freak shi is." Anwar laughs loudly. "I'm not really allowed to say more than that. Everything is out of balance at the moment and it's just royally f$&/€#% things up."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
Lysander Sandwalker wrote:

"It's what they told themselves. Don't you remember the legend of the Watcher?" Lysander asks. "if Balance had remained, everything would eventually be in its control."

"Which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Shi doesn't want to be in control, no matter how much of a control freak shi is." Anwar laughs loudly. "I'm not really allowed to say more than that. Everything is out of balance at the moment and it's just royally f$&/€#% things up."

"Okay. So. But I still don't understand. Why would Kronos go to so much trouble to bring Balance back? Why kill Balance in the first place if you were just going to undo it later.....Kronos knew this was coming and did it all anyways.....what's the angle? What am I missing?"


"I think it's pretty simple. We're a distraction thousands of years in the making. Plus, if my Patron were still around, you wouldn't have been possible."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:
"I think it's pretty simple. We're a distraction thousands of years in the making. Plus, if my Patron were still around, you wouldn't have been possible."

"I wouldn't have been necessary either," she said, doubtfully. "Not that I'm complaining about existing."


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16

"But it's not just you. If Balance hadn't died, our ancestors would never have rebelled against the newly formed Empire. Ianthe wouldn't have been destroyed. Agartha would never have been created. I don't know exactly why, and maybe it was just for us. You know Kronos gets sentimental about his Champions. Maybe that was enough to be worth shaking up the whole multiverse for in his eyes. Or maybe there was something, some circumstance that could only happen this way. We may never know. You know how much he hates explaining things."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7

Ephebe made a face. "Yeah, I know. We're supposed to figure it out for ourselves. Which is code for I'm too lazy to learn how to speak to single timeline creatures."

"Is there anything else we need to do? My aschen will be back soon with as many items as they could collect, but is there anything else in the meantime?"


"Prepare for any attack, I suppose." Anwar says as he opens the safe and pulls out a few things. Measuring scales, a collapsible staff, an amulet. "man I missed these..."

"You make it sound like fighting an army of Time Champions -Aurix included!- is going to be easy."

"Well, yeah. It is."


current combat map group 1
Sara and Bee wrote:

"Ya. I think that would be ok. Can we see what the fuzzy is if I'm there?"

She nervously pulls the hem of part of her dress.

Lang has sara sit down and he takes a seat in front of her, facing her. now, do you remember when I took you to say good bye to your grandma? (I keep forgetting so please just assume Lang would know if it was Sara's grandma or not)

Its gonna be just like that. ok?

close your eyes and stay as quiet as you can Lang tries to be as comforting as he can in his instructions, hoping to keep Sara calm.

Lang places one hand on her shoulder, and the other on her head, his thumb in the center of her forehead.

he closes his eyes in meditation

1d6 ⇒ 6

looks like it will take 6 minutes to make the transition to the spirit world.


Female {REDACTED} {REDACTED}

Leaving Nala and Ryuzo with a small smile and trailing one hand against the wall, Jessa walks through the hallways following the strange arrows that seem to know where she needs to go.

She seems to very slightly cringe away from others in the hallway when they pass close to her.

After several minutes, she arrives at an unremarkable door with a simple nameplate on it: Headmaster.

Jessa takes a deep breath and knocks on the door.


Female Kobold with a mushroom hat |Dragonrider 3// undecided

Tarka pops back down in the direction of the yelling.
"what is it? what's going on?"


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10

"Hey tarka! The demon dude was sent by Mis Ephebe, he's looking for you" he says, landing next to the tiny kobald


Meanwhile the aschen is still running around the general area yelling out, "Tarka! Where be Tarka?"


Female Kobold with a mushroom hat |Dragonrider 3// undecided

Tarka ports next to the achen, and prods him lightly.
"I'm very much not here, thank you very much."


Tarka the kobold wrote:

Tarka ports next to the achen, and prods him lightly.

"I'm very much not here, thank you very much."

The aschen sits down out of sheer confusion as it tried to work this out.

"Mistress sent me to borrow something from Tarka," it said uncertainly.


Female Kobold with a mushroom hat |Dragonrider 3// undecided
narrator wrote:
Tarka the kobold wrote:

Tarka ports next to the achen, and prods him lightly.

"I'm very much not here, thank you very much."

The aschen sits down out of sheer confusion as it tried to work this out.

"Mistress sent me to borrow something from Tarka," it said uncertainly.

Tarka smiles, and nods.

"What kind of something? I've got all kinds of somethings. Breath, eyes, candy floss, imaginary rabbits..."


Tarka the kobold wrote:
narrator wrote:
Tarka the kobold wrote:

Tarka ports next to the achen, and prods him lightly.

"I'm very much not here, thank you very much."

The aschen sits down out of sheer confusion as it tried to work this out.

"Mistress sent me to borrow something from Tarka," it said uncertainly.

Tarka smiles, and nods.

"What kind of something? I've got all kinds of somethings. Breath, eyes, candy floss, imaginary rabbits..."

"Umm....anything small, not miss too much. Will return later. Pretty sure has to not be imaginary," the aschen said tentatively, surprised to find itself conversationally out of its depth.


female human Witch 5 / Pack Lord Beastmaster 0.5

"Ok..."

After about 2 minutes, Sara gets a bit fidgety, as *looks to see how old Sara is* seven year olds tend to do.

She doesn't quite remember if it took this long last time.

Nonetheless, she continues to try to stay still and quiet.


Female Kobold with a mushroom hat |Dragonrider 3// undecided
narrator wrote:
Tarka the kobold wrote:
narrator wrote:
Tarka the kobold wrote:

Tarka ports next to the achen, and prods him lightly.

"I'm very much not here, thank you very much."

The aschen sits down out of sheer confusion as it tried to work this out.

"Mistress sent me to borrow something from Tarka," it said uncertainly.

Tarka smiles, and nods.

"What kind of something? I've got all kinds of somethings. Breath, eyes, candy floss, imaginary rabbits..."
"Umm....anything small, not miss too much. Will return later. Pretty sure has to not be imaginary," the aschen said tentatively, surprised to find itself conversationally out of its depth.

Tarka slowly reaches up the her mushroom, and flinches as she cuts off a small peice, then offers it to the achen.


Tarka the kobold wrote:
narrator wrote:
Tarka the kobold wrote:
narrator wrote:
Tarka the kobold wrote:

Tarka ports next to the achen, and prods him lightly.

"I'm very much not here, thank you very much."

The aschen sits down out of sheer confusion as it tried to work this out.

"Mistress sent me to borrow something from Tarka," it said uncertainly.

Tarka smiles, and nods.

"What kind of something? I've got all kinds of somethings. Breath, eyes, candy floss, imaginary rabbits..."
"Umm....anything small, not miss too much. Will return later. Pretty sure has to not be imaginary," the aschen said tentatively, surprised to find itself conversationally out of its depth.
Tarka slowly reaches up the her mushroom, and flinches as she cuts off a small peice, then offers it to the achen.

The aschen grinned its overly toothy grin. "Mistress will be happy. Thank you," it said eagerly and disappeared.


male human monk 16
Sara and Bee wrote:

"Ok..."

After about 2 minutes, Sara gets a bit fidgety, as *looks to see how old Sara is* seven year olds tend to do.

She doesn't quite remember if it took this long last time.

Nonetheless, she continues to try to stay still and quiet.

sorry, the one time I finally roll high...or maybe the fidgeting made it go longer...


current combat map group 1

As Chao is making his rounds in the temple, a couple of other, slightly younger Air bending pupils wandering the grounds as well. they stop when they see Chao and huddle together as though they are planning something. One of the boys turns toward Chao waving him over, there is a hint if mischief in their eyes.

pssst, hey, Chao, come here. they whisper. Chao soon recognizes them he has gotten into a bit of trouble before with them. they are definitely not very skilled benders. But they have potential, if, properly....motivated.


male human monk 16

After a few more minutes of meditation, the scene around Lang and Sara changes to a lush forest, with all sorts of odd creatures floating about.

Lang opens his eyes, ok Sara, we are here. do you feel any different? is there a spirit that you believe is contacting you? he asks her.

Lang seems excited to learn more of his new little sister's abilities. hoping that he can guide her as she discovers new things. and hopefully he will learn more about this world as well along the way.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7

An aschen appears in front of Ephebe carrying a sack. It carefully empties out the items onto the ground in front of Ephebe, pointing out on the list which one came from who. She raised an eyebrow and it shrugged in a sort of what can you do gesture when it pulled out Fei's pillow. She frowned when it pulled out the piece of Tarka.
"That didn't hurt her did it?"
The aschen shrugged. "One who got that says probably not. Showed no signs of discomfort when it was given. Couldn't get from these ones....This one too talky. This one in middle of battle. Too explodey. This one also in middle of battle. Less explodey, but too pointy. Couldn't get to this one. Bounced off when tried. These ones gave marbles and said to tell you their patron sends regards and they help if you want."
Ephebe nodded and pulled a key out of her pocket.
"I believe you know what to do with this."
The aschen grinned and eagerly accepted the key before disappearing.

Ephebe gathered the items and brought them over to Anwar.
"Okay, so I have a pen from the Champion of Luck, a set of prayer beads from the Champion of Deception, a pillow from the Champion of Courage...he doesn't own much, I think this was all there was, a wrench from the Champion of Creation, a lipstick from the Champion of Love, a bullet from the Champion of Darkness, a small piece of her body from the Champion of Madness, a metal ball from the Champion of Mercy, a notebook from the Champion of Death, and a bag of marbles and an offer to help from the Champions of Dreams."
"The Champion of Life was uncooperative. And they couldn't get at the Champions of Wrath, Justice, and Pride. I didn't send them after the Champions of Light or Hope on account of being at war with them at the moment. Also I didn't send them after the Champion of Knowledge. His fire rats don't particularly like my aschen and confrontations tend to get out of hand. Hopefully what we have is enough."


Ephebe wrote:
..."The Champion of Life was uncooperative..."

Objection! (Pure OOC):

Elsewhere, on the Plane of Legal Matters...

It stood in it's suit, with full indicator of style and wealth-- someone dressed to impress, out of honor for the role, and the location, if nothing else, and certainly not for personal reasons no matter HOW comfy the clothing was.

Visual Aids (Sorta)

After hearing the disparaging comments towards his Client's character, it rose and said with an arm pointed sternly forward, two fingers making the point of his hand, "Objection! Your Honor, this is clearly libel. My Client WAS not uncooperative, in fact, she even extended an offer to help with conditions were different. I strike this base description be struck from the records!"

It stood there for a moment more, and then sat... as the scene faded away.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16

"Here, I think you dropped one," she said picking up a small stoppered glass bottle and adding it to the pile in front of Anwar.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7

"Oh, right. That one is from...let me check....ah, the Champion of Freedom. Huh. Didn't know we had one of those again. I should probably check my list more often."


Image

As Jaiye was listening to Ace sum up the list so far, a raven flew into the room and landed near her, cawing expectantly.
"Uhhh.....does anyone here speak bird?"


"Sounds like we've got a lot of help." Anwar replies as he takes the tokens and puts them all on one side of the scales. "Now we just need to work on separating the aspects of Balance from the Patrons, using the items here as a filter of sorts. It sounds simple, but without something from each Champion -something I didn't count on of course- it'll take longer to siphon and filter."

"So, in short, congratulations. Not everyone gets to see a Patron reborn. You three will need to keep me as safe as possible while I do this though. Concentration and all that." He chuckles.

"Oh, I do have a question. Dream as Champions? Plural? That's very... Strange."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:

"Sounds like we've got a lot of help." Anwar replies as he takes the tokens and puts them all on one side of the scales. "Now we just need to work on separating the aspects of Balance from the Patrons, using the items here as a filter of sorts. It sounds simple, but without something from each Champion -something I didn't count on of course- it'll take longer to siphon and filter."

"So, in short, congratulations. Not everyone gets to see a Patron reborn. You three will need to keep me as safe as possible while I do this though. Concentration and all that." He chuckles.

"Oh, I do have a question. Dream as Champions? Plural? That's very... Strange."

Ephebe shrugged. "I'm sure you're well aware that all the Patrons cheat, but this is more cheating within the spirit of the rules. Our three little cousins share the Championship. They can only use the Champion powers when all three of them are together. It's why a lot of people don't know who Dream's Champion is, since you don't see the aura unless it's all of them together. That and we try not to advertise it. They're still small and we felt that it was best to shield them from the fighting as much as possible."


M Air Touched Human Bender 12/monk 4/sorcerer 2/enlightened fist 6
DM of the coins wrote:

As Chao is making his rounds in the temple, a couple of other, slightly younger Air bending pupils wandering the grounds as well. they stop when they see Chao and huddle together as though they are planning something. One of the boys turns toward Chao waving him over, there is a hint if mischief in their eyes.

pssst, hey, Chao, come here. they whisper. Chao soon recognizes them he has gotten into a bit of trouble before with them. they are definitely not very skilled benders. But they have potential, if, properly....motivated.

chao walks over a grin on his face "you have my attention


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple 9
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:

Fei's stance finally falters as the life-leeching magics do their work. The realization that this Vai is not going to flee from this engagement finally sinks in. She will not stop....and he cannot leave the imprisoned slaves here to die.

He quickly asks his Neural Lace to search the site's databases for anything that could help him now, and to get the slaves out of here in case he fails. As it goes to work, the young monk steps up to put Vai back within his reach (using his Champion senses to pinpoint her in the storm), and tries to stop her the only way he apparently can....by not holding back his destructive energies anymore.

Flurry of Blows, maintaining both Dragon Strikes the Waves to roll against Vai's Touch AC, and Valor's Mantle to ignore both miss chance due to her dimensional movement as well as any damage reduction:

Attack Roll: 1d20+46-5; Damage: 2d8+30; Kinetic Surge: 1d6; Total Damage = 42 points

Attack Roll: 1d20+46-5; Damage:...

Fei's merciless attack continues, each blow landing with the brutal crunch of bones breaking, blood erupting from the unseen foe to splash across Fei's nanosuit-clad form. He can feel a pulse of magic from Vai, prehaps a contingency spell activating, though he does not relent.

With the power of a final, resounding blow, Fei's foe is knocked away, her invisibility flickering and fading altogether as her limp form sails across the lab and smashes into a table, breaking it with the force of her landing.

The static and sand swirling around the room instantly begin to abate, leaving only the dust to settle.

There, bloodied and broken she lays among the ruin of what was once a finely crafted table. Blood is pooling around her, adding to the already liberal amount soaking both her body and Fei's hands. As the dust settles, so too does a single, particular tress of hair across her face. With her face finally at rest, there is a brief and horrible moment when she looks exactly like Fei's Vai.

There's a bloody cough from the unconscious form as the body instinctively tries to clear her lungs for air. Looks like the job isn't quite done.


Tamina wrote:

"Okay, well, let's get her a room. Ooh, that does not look good,: she said, frowning as she saw the glowing red symbol on Raelle's neck. "I don't think they usually glow that color. Well....maybe it's not really that bad? Come on, I'll help. I volunteer here sometimes, so I know how to speak medical," she said lightly, trying to put a good face on things instead of letting on how worried she actually was.

She led Ardiente over to the nurse's station. "Hey, a little help here please? This girl needs a room. She's got overextended psionic powers, possible psychic trauma."
"Whenever Phaezeriel finishes with Ginni or if Nala comes in, she needs to be evaluated by a mental healer."

The nurse, trying to look calm though she mainly just looks a little uneasy, speaks in a voice that is, if not calming, at least caring and gentle, "Phaezeriel has exhausted himself working with another patient, and Nala is out for the day. Let's see, psychic trauma? Lets get her into room 13 down on the blue ward and I will see if Professor Nix has some time."

She taps a few keys and a light indicates where the blue ward is located. A short ways down the hall, another light indicates room 13. The nurse leads the way tapping on a data pad as she goes, speaking over her shoulder, "Now can you please tell me what happened?"


Image Alternate Image - all dressed up.
Lurch the Narrator wrote:
Tamina wrote:

"Okay, well, let's get her a room. Ooh, that does not look good,: she said, frowning as she saw the glowing red symbol on Raelle's neck. "I don't think they usually glow that color. Well....maybe it's not really that bad? Come on, I'll help. I volunteer here sometimes, so I know how to speak medical," she said lightly, trying to put a good face on things instead of letting on how worried she actually was.

She led Ardiente over to the nurse's station. "Hey, a little help here please? This girl needs a room. She's got overextended psionic powers, possible psychic trauma."
"Whenever Phaezeriel finishes with Ginni or if Nala comes in, she needs to be evaluated by a mental healer."

The nurse, trying to look calm though she mainly just looks a little uneasy, speaks in a voice that is, if not calming, at least caring and gentle, "Phaezeriel has exhausted himself working with another patient, and Nala is out for the day. Let's see, psychic trauma? Lets get her into room 13 down on the blue ward and I will see if Professor Nix has some time."

She taps a few keys and a light indicates where the blue ward is located. A short ways down the hall, another light indicates room 13. The nurse leads the way tapping on a data pad as she goes, speaking over her shoulder, "Now can you please tell me what happened?"

"I'm not exactly sure. She was working with something complicated and this happened. The symbol on her neck is glowing red, which doesn't seem very good to me. I told you everything I could figure out from a quick assessment. Ardiente might be able to tell you more if he can calm down a bit, but he's understandably worried right now."


The great wyrm gold dragon shook the remains of the young amethyst dragon off of his claw. He growled. He thought he had eradicated these pests. Instead he found that they were still there. Like cockroaches. He had killed...nineteen? twenty? It was hard to keep track. And he had only been alive again for an hour, give or take a few minutes. All the same one, but not. Kronos had been busy. He growled again. He had done everything Kronos ever asked, without question. He had been the perfect Champion. The sting of his master's betrayal rankled bitterly. But perhaps he could finally solve this little problem once and for all. And if Kronos didn't like it.....too bad. He was done being Time's lapdog.
What he needed now was information. He had been away for a long time. Well, information shouldn't be that hard to find. He doubted they'd bothered to revoke his security clearance. After all, he was dead.


Male Human (presumably) Psion 16 Metamind 10 / Wilder 16 Elocator 10
Tamina wrote:
"I'm not exactly sure. She was working with something complicated and this happened. The symbol on her neck is glowing red, which doesn't seem very good to me. I told you everything I could figure out from a quick assessment. Ardiente might be able to tell you more if he can calm down a bit, but he's understandably worried right now."

As the group gets to room 13, there is a slight whooshing of displaced air and Professor Nix is standing in the room. He beckons towards the bed in the center of the room, "Good morning, I am Nix. I understand we have some psychic trauma of some kind? Please place the patient on the bed so that I can see what we are dealing with."

As Raelle is settled onto the bed, a complicated barrage of soft sounds, scents and small displays of light pour forth from Nix, presumably as he manifests several diagnotic powers.

What is the problem afflicting Raelle?


Image Alternate Image Yet another alternate image this one showing at least a tattoo
Professor Nix wrote:
Tamina wrote:
"I'm not exactly sure. She was working with something complicated and this happened. The symbol on her neck is glowing red, which doesn't seem very good to me. I told you everything I could figure out from a quick assessment. Ardiente might be able to tell you more if he can calm down a bit, but he's understandably worried right now."

As the group gets to room 13, there is a slight whooshing of displaced air and Professor Nix is standing in the room. He beckons towards the bed in the center of the room, "Good morning, I am Nix. I understand we have some psychic trauma of some kind? Please place the patient on the bed so that I can see what we are dealing with."

As Raelle is settled onto the bed, a complicated barrage of soft sounds, scents and small displays of light pour forth from Nix, presumably as he manifests several diagnotic powers.

What is the problem afflicting Raelle?

diagnosis:

Professsor Nix can recognize the glowing red symbol on the side of her neck as one for hypercognition. She is suffering from exhaustion and (now healed) damage from overchanneling, but the power is still switched on, as it were. Without the mental resources left to continue manifesting the power or the control necessary to turn it off, she is locked in an unconscious state. Also there is a strange residual psychic energy clinging to her psyche. It is not a known type and the effects of such are likely to be unpredictable.


Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
Jeran considers trying to stop him for a moment and then decides that talking to the professor was likely to be a more productive use of his time. He bounded over to Vare. "Professor, what is this thing? And more importantly, how do we stop it?"

Jeran notes immediately that Vare is considerably more pale than he was a few moments previously. He's wide-eyed and clearly quite shaken.

"This foe is beyond any of us." Vare says, his voice quiet but quivering ever so slightly. There's a sudden flurry of movement as Vare steps forward and raises his hands to cup his mouth.

"DAVID! TO US! NOW!" Vare called across the expanse of the room, hoping that his voice didn't get lost in the din of crumbling stonework and David's own powerful voice (among other things, no doubt).

With David hopefully chastised enough to regroup, Vare immediately sets about casting a spell, and immediately upon finishing a circle emanates outwards from the wizard to a radius of 10 feet.

"We face an Archdaemon of Abbadon, Jeran." Vare says gravely, going through his component pouch, still visibly shaken. "Of all the times I had to send Rena away, gods dammit." Vare curses quietly as he rifles, clearly looking for something.

The spell cast was a Magic Circle Against Evil.


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8
Professor Nix wrote:
Tamina wrote:
"I'm not exactly sure. She was working with something complicated and this happened. The symbol on her neck is glowing red, which doesn't seem very good to me. I told you everything I could figure out from a quick assessment. Ardiente might be able to tell you more if he can calm down a bit, but he's understandably worried right now."

As the group gets to room 13, there is a slight whooshing of displaced air and Professor Nix is standing in the room. He beckons towards the bed in the center of the room, "Good morning, I am Nix. I understand we have some psychic trauma of some kind? Please place the patient on the bed so that I can see what we are dealing with."

As Raelle is settled onto the bed, a complicated barrage of soft sounds, scents and small displays of light pour forth from Nix, presumably as he manifests several diagnotic powers.

What is the problem afflicting Raelle?

Ardiente does indeed seem to be quite distressed, though he lays Raelle down on the bed as instructed with the utmost care and attention. "She was working on... some kind of... I think they called it a rift. She went there with magical protection to analyze it and came back like this." Ardiente said, never having felt more stupid in his life before. If only he'd understood better...


Female Halfling Teenager
Keme Tokala wrote:
Keme abandons the carts with an exasperated sigh. That was one of Ephebe's demons. So either it was causing trouble or the fate of the world was at stake. Or both. They had, in his observation, a stunning ability to multitask in that regard. He transformed into fox form and pounced on Illithia before she could pounce on the aschen.

There's a slightly girlish shriek as the predator becomes the prey. Keme tackles the tattoo'd halfling to the ground with ease, her size working against her in this regard. The tattoos adorning her skin instantly flash from purple to a bright yellow colour.

She rolls and scrambles back to her feet, turning to face her attacker.

Seeing the fox (many-tailed, yes?) but not making the connection with Keme, she grins (her tattoos flowing back to the purple colour) and twists her hands, casting a spell and conjuring forth her a Celestial fox, which will pounce on the kitsune if given the chance.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Vai Emkar wrote:

The static and sand swirling around the room instantly begin to abate, leaving only the dust to settle.

There, bloodied and broken she lays among the ruin of what was once a finely crafted table. Blood is pooling around her, adding to the already liberal amount soaking both her body and Fei's hands. As the dust settles, so too does a single, particular tress of hair across her face. With her face finally at rest, there is a brief and horrible moment when she looks exactly like Fei's Vai.

There's a bloody cough from the unconscious form as the body instinctively tries to clear her lungs for air. Looks like the job isn't quite done...

Fei keeps his senses primed as he approaches Vai, in case this is another feat of illusion by his opponent.

Will Save (to disbelieve illusions): 1d20 + 34 ⇒ (19) + 34 = 53
Sense Motive Check: 1d20 + 42 ⇒ (14) + 42 = 56

He stops for a moment as he sees her face. Material is briefly sent into the air once more as the floor beneath the young monk's feet cracks and buckles.

Autohypnosis Check: 1d20 + 47 ⇒ (11) + 47 = 58

With the help of his Lace, Fei manages to rein in his powers before the room is leveled. He kneels down by Vai's barely moving form, trying to gauge his ability to stabilize her condition without either killing her or returning her to consciousness...

Heal Check: 1d20 + 37 ⇒ (5) + 37 = 42


Image
Vare, the Summoner wrote:
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
Jeran considers trying to stop him for a moment and then decides that talking to the professor was likely to be a more productive use of his time. He bounded over to Vare. "Professor, what is this thing? And more importantly, how do we stop it?"

Jeran notes immediately that Vare is considerably more pale than he was a few moments previously. He's wide-eyed and clearly quite shaken.

"This foe is beyond any of us." Vare says, his voice quiet but quivering ever so slightly. There's a sudden flurry of movement as Vare steps forward and raises his hands to cup his mouth.

"DAVID! TO US! NOW!" Vare called across the expanse of the room, hoping that his voice didn't get lost in the din of crumbling stonework and David's own powerful voice (among other things, no doubt).

With David hopefully chastised enough to regroup, Vare immediately sets about casting a spell, and immediately upon finishing a circle emanates outwards from the wizard to a radius of 10 feet.

"We face an Archdaemon of Abbadon, Jeran." Vare says gravely, going through his component pouch, still visibly shaken. "Of all the times I had to send Rena away, gods dammit." Vare curses quietly as he rifles, clearly looking for something.

The spell cast was a Magic Circle Against Evil.

Jeran's shoulders sagged as the hopelessness of their situation sank in. He took a deep breath.

"Okay, we can't win a fight. Can we do anything to make it go home?" he asked grimly, looking for some way out. "We can't get out of here, but I should be able to use my radio," he said, tapping his helmet, "to contact the others. They may be able to get stuff to us if there's something you need. But I can't guarantee it. The wards around this place are pretty solid. But it's a chance."


Image
Illithia wrote:
Keme Tokala wrote:
Keme abandons the carts with an exasperated sigh. That was one of Ephebe's demons. So either it was causing trouble or the fate of the world was at stake. Or both. They had, in his observation, a stunning ability to multitask in that regard. He transformed into fox form and pounced on Illithia before she could pounce on the aschen.

There's a slightly girlish shriek as the predator becomes the prey. Keme tackles the tattoo'd halfling to the ground with ease, her size working against her in this regard. The tattoos adorning her skin instantly flash from purple to a bright yellow colour.

She rolls and scrambles back to her feet, turning to face her attacker.

Seeing the fox (many-tailed, yes?) but not making the connection with Keme, she grins (her tattoos flowing back to the purple colour) and twists her hands, casting a spell and conjuring forth her a Celestial fox, which will pounce on the kitsune if given the chance.

The five tailed fox quickly transforms back into a teenage boy, stepping back and putting his hands up in a placating gesture.

"Hey, now, no need to fight. I wasn't trying to hurt you. Just stop you from making an error in judgment. I know who those things work for and you don't really want to interfere if they're on one of her errands."


Male Human (presumably) Psion 16 Metamind 10 / Wilder 16 Elocator 10
Ardiente wrote:
Ardiente does indeed seem to be quite distressed, though he lays Raelle down on the bed as instructed with the utmost care and attention. "She was working on... some kind of... I think they called it a rift. She went there with magical protection to analyze it and came back like this." Ardiente said, never having felt more stupid in his life before. If only he'd understood better...

Nix listens to Ardiente without pausing in his examination, then responds with the air of someone who is distracted from the conversation by the task at hand., "Yes, I can see. She is simply exhausted and has not deactivated the abilities that exhausted her. Was she doing any kind of extensive analysis or anything like that? Pattern recognition..." His voice trails off.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave turns from where he had started blowing holes in the ground with bolts of fire "eh? What are you talking about? The pansy ass is running away with his tail between his legs, just summon a bunch of earth elementals and drive him back up here so I can wail on him, after you summon the elementals you can go get help if you want but I'm not going to run away from something threatening the school"

72,501 to 72,550 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | 1449 | 1450 | 1451 | 1452 | 1453 | 1454 | 1455 | 1456 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.