The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


72,351 to 72,400 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1443 | 1444 | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | 1449 | 1450 | 1451 | 1452 | 1453 | next > last >>

Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Lysander Sandwalker wrote:
Ephebe wrote:
*lots o' questions*

"I don't know, but I think Anwar might be able to shed some light on that if he doesn't melt himself with purple worm stomach acid." He says that last part loud enough that it's clearly a warning for his younger brother. "the point is to stall. I think. Kronos is probably trying to find which of the Champions of Time is the strongest so he can bring in a legion of them to beat all the other Patrons. He's pretty blatantly cheating. I don't know what the hole in the universe is about though, unless he's trying to fix the timelines."

"As for why you don't remember.. Well, I think the 'fix the timelines' idea holds merit in that regard."

Someone else teleports in right behind him while he's talking.

"Oh, goody," she said, her voice laced with sarcasm. "That means he thinks I'm the strongest. Because in case you missed it, there's a whole army of me out there already. Turns out that whole time loop thing....not just Kronos being a bastard. And just for the record, most of me are not what you'd call emotionally stable. Fair warning. Also, a few of me are downright evil. But most of me are just unstable."

"Hi, other me!" she added with a cheerful wave to Ephebe. "Hmm....this is going to be conversationally confusing. I can see the mishaps already. Alright. Well, I did pretty much force you to take over my life after I died, so I guess you can keep our first name. I'll use our middle name. I've always secretly liked it better anyways. You can just call me Andromeda."


"A second one? That means there's a third!" Anwar says excitedly as he dodges the purple worm vomit. The sand where it lands smokes harshly. "Good girl. I'm sorry we had to do that." He tells the worm, rubbing it's side. "Go find some nice bandits to eat, okay?"

"Little brother, you're crazy sometimes."

"But I'm a crazy brother with a new plan!"


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16

"Uh, yeah, like I said, there's like hundreds of me running around out there causing chaos. Which would fit with that whole changing timelines theory, you know. I think he's copying her strategy," she said, pointing at Ephebe. "Add variables until the opposition is so confused they start making mistakes."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7

"Wait, seriously? But that would mean he isn't even crazy...."

"Do I even want to know what the new crazy plan is? And yes, that's rhetorical. Of course I want to know what the new crazy plan is."


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5

After the minor whirlwind of new activity in the lab (and the minor exodus of students), Tamrin goes over to a corner console away from the others.

He pulls his visor out of one of his duster pockets and puts it on. A moment later the detention room where the gnome is being held appears on the HUD. He checks the data logs to make sure his 'guest' hasn't already started talking (noting the flare of energy from his eyes), then cues up the intercom. Repp hears a disembodied voice fill the chamber.

"Hi there. We'll try cutting to the chase here and see how that works out."

"why were you scoping out the lab, and for whom?"


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple 9
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Only if you consider a 15-point margin of error as 'close' ;)

Except that Vai is currently Medium size so loses that nice +16 size bonus on the Great Wyrm stat block. ;P

Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
From Monk, no, but Fei's Enlightened Scholar prestige class gives him the equivalent, sadly.

Does it also have the "rogue 4 levels above" thing? In that case, the sneak attacks should still work. Not that it's going to matter shortly...

Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:

Fei, grateful for the one constant tactic between the two versions of Vai, is just able to anticipate the worst of her attacks and avoid the fatal amount of trauma they would inflict. That being said, all but the first and last strike still connect with his body.

If this Vai were not in such a hurry now, she might have noticed the lack of reverberation from her blows on her own limbs. But Fei does not give her the chance to ponder this as he launches a withering counterattack against her, returning the force of all her blows back to her at once...

Calculating damage... total damage taken = OUCH.

Static Aura (Electricity Damage): 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
Sandstorm Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

Fei can feel and hear the crunch as his impacts break weaker bones in his opponent's body. Deathly silent she remains though. The sandstorm continues to swirl and twist throughout the room, damaging much of the equipment left here. Oddly enough, there's no bolt of lightning this time. Fei can feel Vai disengage from the combat, just out of his reach, and begin casting a spell.

Spellcraft DC 30:

I added some modifiers due to the visibility conditions.
Fei knows that spell... a necromancy spell. Energy Drain, followed by a Quickened Enervation.

Touch Attack (Energy Drain): 1d20 + 54 ⇒ (17) + 54 = 71
Touch Attack (Enervation): 1d20 + 54 ⇒ (2) + 54 = 56

A sickly green beam of light shoots out from the still-invisible dragon, and strikes Fei dead in the chest. Almost immediately, another, smaller beam of the same flavour follows, though slightly hurried and less accurate.

Energy Drain: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3 negative levels.
Enervation: 1d4 ⇒ 2 negative levels.


Female Idyllkin Ninja 3/Marksman (Shroud) 3
Sun_Wukong wrote:

Sun ponders a moment.

you are correct, Lang probably does not fully understand what a gift like that means. and I know that he wanted to give you something special. a weapon is something he saw you prized. he also trusts you to use that weapon wisely.

Lang does not use weapons, except for his staff, but he knows that weapons are a part of the world. they are a tool that can be used for good as well as evil. If the time ever came that such a weapon is needed, you would be there to stand by his side. he trusts you.

as far as weapons being allowed, one thing that is important to note, this temple does train its monks in the use of weapons, including swords and spears. only those that are skilled in their use will be carrying such a weapon, lang believes you are skilled enough. wear that blade with honor. you are a guest of Lang, none here will question or challenge you.

Sun hope that he has explained everything but then suddenly as a side note Oh, would you want to put on a demonstration of your skills? I can be sure it is arranged.

Midori nods as Sun speaks, listening intently while gripping the silk package tightly to her side.

"It's not just a tool... it's a symbol. The gift of a weapon is... for us it means trust. Lots of trust." Midori frowns at her own word choice, apparently failing to select a better word. Despite her proficiency, Common is still clearly a second language. "It means you trust that person will never have need to turn that weapon on you." she shakes her head again, a bit frustrated with her inability to express herself.

"I will wear it. Thank you, Sun-san."

At the mention of giving a skills demonstation, Midori immediately blushes to her ears, her head dropping down a little. "Anoo... I don't... think I would like being the center of so much attention." she says somewhat squeakily.


Female Firebird
Lucas Svarog wrote:
there is a firm but polite rapping at the door shortly after she settled in on the bed and a familiar voice can be heard speaking through the door "Lilly? Are you in there? It's me Lucas, I haven't seen you yet at lunch, so I wanted to check on you,"

Panic immediately seizes Lily, overriding the other emotions ripping through her. On the other side of the door Lucas can hear panicked, almost desperate movement in the room beyond, but no verbal response beyond that.


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8
Tamina wrote:

"What's a Fey?"

She pulls herself up onto a chair as Ardiente rushes past behind her.

"They're a race of.....hang on a sec....." she gets up and walks to the door of the waiting room. "Ardiente? What happened?"

Ardiente looks somewhat stricken as he spins in place to see Tamina. There's a bit of rose about his cheeks, but he's not even panting from his run. His face softens ever so slightly when he sees who's speaking. "I don't know what's wrong with her! She might just have overused her energy but she was working with some crazy rift thingy so who knows what that could've done to her!" He's clearly at somewhat of a loss, worry painted across his face and likely his training the only thing enabling him to keep it together. (For certain definitions of keeping it together)


Female Human Teenager

Student Quarters -- Room A&L

Lily Svarog wrote:
Panic immediately seizes Lily, overriding the other emotions ripping through her. On the other side of the door Lucas can hear panicked, almost desperate movement in the room beyond, but no verbal response beyond that.

Depending on how perceptive Lily is, she may or may not notice the arrival of Anahita in the desert section of the room-- utterly silent, though visual in the faintest way. It's as before in other teleports by the Kelishian, as if she 'stepped' into the location.

With a pause, however, Anahita peers over towards the other portion of the quarters and studies the panicked movement of her ...fellow quarters resident with the gaze of someone watching a marmot dancing around chasing their tail from afar.

She certainly isn't trying to be stealthy, though habit and years of living apart from civilized beings may make her easily over looked-- naturally blending into the tent/background of her side of the room.


Damiani wrote:

Immediately upon appearing in the room, Vare will realize that he's practically teleported into the middle of a war zone-- and an environment that suits that.

The air is hot, thick with gasses and various dusts/plastic clouds, not conducive to anyone who breaths natural oxygen.

** spoiler omitted **

Vare's appearance does not go unnoticed, and Jeran's near squash with a massive fist seemed more of a surprise to the Mech possessed opponent who to this point hadn't gotten close to hitting him.

"Bah, adding...

Fort Save vs enviromental: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

Vare has Mage Armour and Freedom of Movement active, beyond that no magical effects yet. (And his magical/supernatural/extraordinary sight).

Vare immediately begins to cough and splutter at the nastiness of the dust and debris present in the air of the room, trying to focus on a spell which will allow him to properly work his magic.

Attempting to cast Gust of Wind to clear the area around Vare of environmental effects. Concentration check? 1d20 + 31 ⇒ (15) + 31 = 46

The Wall of Force shudders under the direct impact of the powerful weaponry, the barely visible forcefield sparking flickering for a moment. It won't stand against many more like that.

Not sure of the dimensions of the room, but if possibly Vare would make it floor to-ceiling and difficult to get around. It covers a total of 190 square feet, has a Hardness of 30 and 380 HP.


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16
"Ace" wrote:
"This is just so stupidly frustrating. Who in the Nine Hells gets off on killing young girls? I swear when I find this person I am going to inflict ten times the pain she/he has caused each of his/her victims." Ace's eyes flash red when he says this.

Tyrrin frowns at that and turns to face Ace. Unfortunately she missed the eyes flashing red as she was facing another way, but she studies him intently.

"Ace, justice and vengeance shouldn't be conflated." she says flatly, clearly somewhat unimpressed.


Female Halfling Teenager
Keme Tokala wrote:

Once everyone had a chance to grab some lunch, Keme left again, only this time he had to steer the unwieldy train of hovercarts by himself. It was both bad and good that they were also now much lighter.

Feel free to have anyone who wishes to hear the clatter as he attempts to steer this mess through the halls.

Let's add another to this mess too, since I can see Ryo's kids making this go downhill very quickly.

After a particularily bad bang, Keme would look back up to see the figure of a halfling teenager apparently lounging on one of the cleaner carts, one eye closed with her hands folded neatly behind her head. She looks back at Keme from her relaxed position (though, honestly, the cart doesn't look at all comfortable or easy to ride given the rough treatment).

"HEY!" the girl, tattoo'd head to tail in bright purple ink, calls back to the frustrated Keme. "Try to keep it down, alright?! Some of us are trying to nap!"


Tryko'Sam wrote:

Isolab X

Rena's outstretched hand is tentatively looked at and then touched, mirrored with a hand that has some motor control, but not a whole lot. At this point it's obvious that there's excitement at the actions going on with Tryko'Sam, but he's still not talking. Might be close to drooling though! He's displaying a ton of basic instinct actions, but not a ton of the intelligent, passionate (and at times, indifferent) manner known from before. The levels of fear are abating. He is also seems to be still reacting to the divine light from David.

One might suspect he's missing something up there at this point.

Rena keeps her smiling face on, though it does crack at little as she realizes that he might've lost his memories again... maybe all of them this time. She still moves a little closer after the hand contact is made, giving his hand a small squeeze. She doesn't shy away from drool or any other social "faux-pas" that Tryko'Sam may make in his condition. I mean, she's had his saliva on her before, though in much different circumstances.

Very calmly, and without loosing the warmth in her voice, she speaks, adding a bit more volume to ensure Kevin can hear her. "I think his memories are gone again, and alot more this time."


Female Firebird
Anahita bint Tariq wrote:

Student Quarters -- Room A&L

Depending on how perceptive Lily is, she may or may not notice the arrival of Anahita in the desert section of the room-- utterly silent, though visual in the faintest way. It's as before in other teleports by the Kelishian, as if she 'stepped' into the location.

With a pause, however, Anahita peers over towards the other portion of the quarters and studies the panicked movement of her ...fellow quarters resident with the gaze of someone watching a marmot dancing around chasing their tail from afar.

She certainly isn't trying to be stealthy, though habit and years of living apart from civilized beings may make her easily over looked-- naturally blending into the tent/background of her side of the room.

Lily, being one to be somewhat self-centered and unperceptive to boot, has indeed not noticed Anahita's arrival. Currently, she appears to be panicking and fumbling with her window lock, clearly intent on flinging the window open, but beyond that who can say?

Anahita may note her colour of Lily's hair as well as the heat in the room, and might make the conclusion that she is a Firebird.


Male Gnome
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:

He pulls his visor out of one of his duster pockets and puts it on. A moment later the detention room where the gnome is being held appears on the HUD. He checks the data logs to make sure his 'guest' hasn't already started talking (noting the flare of energy from his eyes), then cues up the intercom. Repp hears a disembodied voice fill the chamber.

"Hi there. We'll try cutting to the chase here and see how that works out."

"why were you scoping out the lab, and for whom?"

Repp doesn't seem either intimidated or even perturbed at being imprisoned, having made himself quite comfortable on the chair provided. He does look up though, searching for a source for the voice.

"I'm not an agent of the Dragon Empire, if that is what you're asking." he replies calmly, simply looking upwards into the white.

"The streets of Lemnos are not an easy place to grow up, especially for someone as small as myself. I've learned to observe, and to listen. It's why I'm still alive. I apologize if that offends you."

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

"Lilly? I can hear you in there... It's just me, your brother, I have food... If you don't answer I'm going to let myself in..."


Mech Bay --

Description of Bay:

So, to keep things clear -- here's a breakdown of the space, Lynora, feel free to step in and adjust as needed or I'm horribly out of whack.
  • Large Football Field space, height, width and depth
  • Tunnel leading out, probably shut off by massive doors -- Flight Tunnel
  • Two to three 'stories' to accommodate the massive mech(s) that park here

    Remember that the Mech is akin in side to the Pacific Rim mechs, not your Robotech, or Gundam variant. This probably makes it some 2x or 3x the size of those series.

    On the floor, currently, are slagged and melted metal (gang ways torn off, melted from weapon fire, etc.) bits, huge auto-cannon slug weaponry holes. Fires eating up the oxygen in the room, etc.

    On the walls, various sigils in states of destruction, or not, and more holes.

    Where you folk are 'standing' I imagine is:

  • Vare, near the 'hallway' (now detached) that people left in earlier. This is concrete/embedded in the ground, so it's not a gangway railing thing that can be torn/melted.
  • Jeran, bouncing around, sometimes ON the Mech (leg, fist, etc.) but mostly flipping about nimbly super-monk like style, from falling debris or other bits, while trying not to get squished/blown to hell by large caliber slugs.
  • David, just appeared floating in the air behind the Mech, throwing keg.
  • The air in here is most foul, as Vare notices almost immediately. His personal vision of the room also does little to help the scene, as he can literally see the 'destruction' and 'unraveling' of inanimate things, and the very essence around the Mech primarily, as if seeing a sphere of annihilation moving through reality, fused into the Mech itself. It's dreams and thoughts, as they bleed outwards, turning existing reality into the desires of it's weaver's: destruction and death, of everything. His attempt at summoning a wind helps, momentarily and gives him a chance to grab some fresh air. The remaining air is still putrid due to chemicals, dust and fire.

    David's keg throw connects, the Mech isn't the easiest thing to miss, and it shatters against the metallic body with ease, dispensing the holy water contents across a section of the back. An inhuman wail of contempt and pain ensues, and then the oddest thing, the unsplashed portion of the Mech 'tears' away from the water touched area, leaving a large visible missing portion of back.

    Jeran is momentarily distracted by the sudden appearance of first a professor, then an impossible to not see, glowing large sized keg flinging David. Even with this, and his nimble skills, he isn't able to dodge the sudden, impossible, attack that comes at him.

    From an external point of view, the Mech instantly, while ejecting the holy water soaked portions of it's back, morphs suddenly and dramatically-- shifting into a water like, flowing form of metal and parts, reaching outwards and violently towards Jeran who gets engulfed. Like a stream of water, it rushes at the student and then sprays around. For those that don't know better, during the attack, they would presume he is crushed by it.

    From Jeran's point of view, though, out of the corner of his eye, he sees the morphing shape and blast of metal possessed and realizes he simply cannot avoid this. The results of the attack, however, are not what he expects.

    The shape of metal slams at him, and his shoulder burns with warm and comfort, an aura surrounds him an inch or so outwards, preventing contact in any form from the possessed creature. Up until this point, no physical contact had been made, simply the I-beam and thrown objects.

    Then the mass of metal and plastic, like a swarming pool of metal and wires, slithers and flows around, pooling and dripping elsewhere into the shadowy darkness of the huge room, temporarily lost from sight.

    Much of the floor and wall around Jeran has been 'disintegrated' by that attack, consumed would be another way to describe it.

    Given the background noises and shadows all around, let's just assume the Mech has effectively vanished into the shadows after a 'move through' attack on Jeran that clearly didn't do as intended. You guys have a moment to react, feel as secure or afraid as you feel is appropriate.


    Outdoors

    Damiani wrote:

    Nodding with a smile, the form of the Angel has taken to appear in Silinrul's perceptions more of what he appreciates in another, at this point, nearly complete. It certainly doesn't come off hostile, it's more of a -- initial blur, into clarity.

    Speaking with a voice that also matches, the Angel says, "Your intentions are appreciated. I would not worry overly much about this girl. As for your awareness of Jeran, I see. Do you lend your strength to his goals then? Or are you a member of this establishment--" with a motion encompassing the school.

    "A fascinating place, to be sure. Hidden truths abound, among darkness. A mix, unclear exactly."

    Appearing quite content and unmoved to continue the conversation when Silinrul doesn't respond to his prior observation, the Angellic being suddenly shudders and takes a knee, spewing out blood and steam from some unknown source. An immortal being shouldn't look as if they suddenly aged multiple decades in an instant, but this one may just have.

    Then instantly vanishes as the Wards kick in.

    The Chosen One blinks and looks around wildly, as the butterflies seem to stop in mid-motion and fade into the nothingness they came from.


    Female Human Teenager

    Student Quarters -- Room A&L

    Lily Svarog wrote:

    Lily, being one to be somewhat self-centered and unperceptive to boot, has indeed not noticed Anahita's arrival. Currently, she appears to be panicking and fumbling with her window lock, clearly intent on flinging the window open, but beyond that who can say?

    Anahita may note her colour of Lily's hair as well as the heat in the room, and might make the conclusion that she is a Firebird.

    The conclusion is instantly made, or assumed, and then Anahita glances towards the door leading to the hallway out.

    "Be calmed, miss-- I shall tend to guest." Her voice carries an odd weight to it, or charisma, that is felt by anyone that relates to fire or flame, though does not actually do much more. Whispers to keep heard only by Lily within the room.

    Lucas Svarog wrote:
    "Lilly? I can hear you in there... It's just me, your brother, I have food... If you don't answer I'm going to let myself in..."

    Speaking aloud, while Lucas can hear the door audibly locking, Anahita replies, "There is no one in this room that wishes a guest at this time-- and I can assure you as one of the residents, your presence is not currently wanted by myself. Could you please return at a later date?" She speaks while moving and suddenly is at the door, so's to prevent it being opened while it seals according to her wishes.

    She keeps an eye on Lily as well, imposing herself against the door with a furrowed brow.

    Sovereign Court

    Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

    Lucas's expression, initially pleased at hearing the voice hardens at her challenge "She is my sister, I am concerned for her well being, if she wants me to leave she can damn well tell me herself, now let me in. Now"
    family is important to Lucas. Very important.


    Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

    Dave flys after it at top speed and slams his dimand hard sword into it when he reaches it "coward! Face me like a man you spineless bag of bolts"


    David, it's temporarily out of sight-- please repost. You cannot see it, thus, cannot strike it.


    Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

    I'm following it in whichever direction it went, my perception and my super senses are crazy high. Unless It teleported I know where it is and will follow at a 140 fly speed, if it did teleport, I'll still shout that to the air.


    Image Alternate Image - all dressed up.
    Ardiente wrote:
    Tamina wrote:

    "What's a Fey?"

    She pulls herself up onto a chair as Ardiente rushes past behind her.

    "They're a race of.....hang on a sec....." she gets up and walks to the door of the waiting room. "Ardiente? What happened?"
    Ardiente looks somewhat stricken as he spins in place to see Tamina. There's a bit of rose about his cheeks, but he's not even panting from his run. His face softens ever so slightly when he sees who's speaking. "I don't know what's wrong with her! She might just have overused her energy but she was working with some crazy rift thingy so who knows what that could've done to her!" He's clearly at somewhat of a loss, worry painted across his face and likely his training the only thing enabling him to keep it together. (For certain definitions of keeping it together)

    "Okay, well, let's get her a room. Ooh, that does not look good,: she said, frowning as she saw the glowing red symbol on Raelle's neck. "I don't think they usually glow that color. Well....maybe it's not really that bad? Come on, I'll help. I volunteer here sometimes, so I know how to speak medical," she said lightly, trying to put a good face on things instead of letting on how worried she actually was.

    She led Ardiente over to the nurse's station. "Hey, a little help here please? This girl needs a room. She's got overextended psionic powers, possible psychic trauma."
    "Whenever Phaezeriel finishes with Ginni or if Nala comes in, she needs to be evaluated by a mental healer."


    Medical Center

    One of the indicators for another 'occupant' fires off-- as the Angelic visitor and supporter of Jeran materializes from the Ward's reactive nature to protect people within their confines.

    Medical staff react, but clearly, lack of personal is noted.


    David.De'Foul wrote:
    I'm following it in whichever direction it went, my perception and my super senses are crazy high. Unless It teleported I know where it is and will follow at a 140 fly speed, if it did teleport, I'll still shout that to the air.

    I re-read my post and realized I didn't make it as clear as I envisioned it, but, this 'attack' was a move and attack action, by the Mech creature-- thus, it happens without anyone being to instantly follow/chase. The intention there, is to give you three a moment to re-group, as the thing effectively struck and fled displaying it's awesome and beyond student level powers-- perhaps even giving the coughing Vare, a sense of dread, that this isn't some mere lower plane entity who was toying with Jeran earlier. I do realize that David's high on 'Pride juice' at this point, but I'm asking you, the player, to accept what I wrote as 'what happened' without countering me with your stats and abilities. Hope that makes sense and is accepted without further debate. To look at it another way, you just noticed an Epic powered being open a can of whoop ass and give you a whiff. You aren't it's equal, you would grasp that in character without any doubt given your character's intelligence. Hope that makes sense. Best.


    Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)

    Silinrul curses under his breath, and then lets out a loud whistle. Several moments later, his wolf comes loping into the clearing, and awaits his 'human's commands "Gerki, lay down and let the little one ride you. We need to head deeper into the woods, I don't like what just happened" The wolf obeys and after a few attempts and promises that the butterflies will follow, Sil gets the Chosen One onto his friend's back.

    He then summons his raven, which he instructs to go and find his sister to let her know what's going on. She's the only one he can truly trust after all. The bird flies off, looking for Jaiye.

    Meanwhile, Sil and company turn deeper into the woods, where the shaman feels much safer and way more comfortable.


    Outside -- Deeper Woods

    Silinrul wrote:

    Silinrul curses under his breath, and then lets out a loud whistle. Several moments later, his wolf comes loping into the clearing, and awaits his 'human's commands "Gerki, lay down and let the little one ride you. We need to head deeper into the woods, I don't like what just happened" The wolf obeys and after a few attempts and promises that the butterflies will follow, Sil gets the Chosen One onto his friend's back.

    He then summons his raven, which he instructs to go and find his sister to let her know what's going on. She's the only one he can truly trust after all. The bird flies off, looking for Jaiye.

    Meanwhile, Sil and company turn deeper into the woods, where the shaman feels much safer and way more comfortable.

    The Chosen One panics a bit, but given Silinrul's inhuman charisma, does little to protest and soon is atop the wolf, grasping on (for dear life).

    She easily goes where he wants and leads her to go, being very, very quiet. If nothing else, she's very good at being unnoticed and quiet.


    Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16
    Ginni wrote:
    Phaezeriel gets the sense that he has made as much progress with Ginni today as he can. It will take time for more bubbles ton accumulate, and there is not much he can do until they do.

    Phaezeriel watches this last bubble of memory, this so very painful memory, settle into place and hopes that he has rooted out all the corruption. Seeing that no other fragments have gathered, he carefully extracts himself from Ginni's mind. I will have to give her time to sort herself out a bit. I hope that will be enough to get her going.

    As he settles back in the chair beside her bed with a sigh, he looks around at the crystals he brought. None of them still glow. He places a hand across her brow to help with the telepathy, and though he doubts that her mind is whole enough to communicate or to understand, he speaks to her anyway.

    Ginni:
    ::Ginni. You are safe. You need time to heal. I will not be far from you, and I will keep you safe. You did a lot of really hard work today, and I am impressed and proud of you. Just know that you are safe again.::

    Then he reaches out to the mind of another.

    Tami:
    ::Tami. Your friend is still in the infirmary, where she will remain for some time yet. She is stable, and I think her prognosis is hopeful, but with an injury of this kind, only time will tell the whole story. She is still unconscious and her mind is unresponsive. I will let you know when there is any change.::

    He then updates her chart in the school system and sets her status to <Protective Custody, No Access>. Satisfied that it will take Administrative override to open her room he sets a few wards, sends a notice to Professor Nix, and falls asleep on a small cot in the corner too tired to wonder where it came from.


    Female {REDACTED} {REDACTED}
    Nala Zamarosok wrote:

    The room slowly thawed as Nala calmed down and got some semblance of control over her runaway emotions.

    When she was calm enough she stepped away from Ryuzo and smoothed her lab coat in a nervous gesture. "I apologize for neglecting you, Jessa. I need to go and do some research in the library, but first, is there anything else you would like to see or do? Your tour did get interrupted."

    Jessa watches the ice and snow with no small interest, giving a start when Nala addresses her directly, "Oh! It is no problem. That seemed to be pretty important, even if I didn't understand even a tenth of it. If you can just give me directions to where I can find this Headmaster, I am sure I can find my way there without getting into too much trouble. I mean, the wards will protect everyone if she comes out, won't they?"


    Finishing her lunch, Cindra sighs quietly at the ease with which she fades from everyone's attention. There has to be some use for this, hasn't there? Returning her tray to the dishroom, she leaves the cafeteria. After brushing a hand along the wall, she heads for botany class.


    Female Kitsune Sorcerer/Magus
    Ehos Denulia wrote:

    He winces slightly at being called out, and replies only with a sort of half-nod, leaving the question hanging between them for a moment or two. 'Yeah, but things I should do and things I do do don't go together that often to be honest.' And then he gives a sort-of half-hearted shrug and attempts to grin, spoiled only by another wince.

    'Besides! My stomach is bothering me as much as my head!' he adds as an afterthought.

    With a shrug of her shoulders and a smile, Alys turns back toward the cafeteria. Scribbling a note as she walks, there are several sounds of frustration. After multiple attempts to write in something intelligible, she crumples the paper and throws it down the hallway with a quiet but very frustrated sound. She then simply stalks toward the cafeteria.


    Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
    Repp, the Bleached wrote:

    Repp doesn't seem either intimidated or even perturbed at being imprisoned, having made himself quite comfortable on the chair provided. He does look up though, searching for a source for the voice.

    "I'm not an agent of the Dragon Empire, if that is what you're asking." he replies calmly, simply looking upwards into the white.

    "The streets of Lemnos are not an easy place to grow up, especially for someone as small as myself. I've learned to observe, and to listen. It's why I'm still alive. I apologize if that offends you."

    "Y'see, here I was thinking that - having grown up on the streets of Lemnos, as you say - that you'd be gifted with some common sense," Tamrin remarks in the same calm tone.

    "But if that were true, you would've answered those questions instead of sidestepping them. And for you to drop a name like the Dragon Empire in casual conversation, you're either: A) from the Empire; or B) eavesdropping in places you really shouldn't be. Neither of which are making your immediate future any shinier, by the way."

    "Now... would you care to take a 'do-over' on those answers, young man? Or are you just going to hope your other foot tastes better than the one you just put in your mouth?" (^-^)


    Female Firebird Oracle 7

    Archena sits in the waiting room, feet up on a table waiting for Tamina to get back.


    Male Gnome
    Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:

    "Y'see, here I was thinking that - having grown up on the streets of Lemnos, as you say - that you'd be gifted with some common sense," Tamrin remarks in the same calm tone.

    "But if that were true, you would've answered those questions instead of sidestepping them. And for you to drop a name like the Dragon Empire in casual conversation, you're either: A) from the Empire; or B) eavesdropping in places you really shouldn't be. Neither of which are making your immediate future any shinier, by the way."

    "Now... would you care to take a 'do-over' on those answers, young man? Or are you just going to hope your other foot tastes better than the one you just put in your mouth?" (^-^)

    Repp makes an audible scoff and rolls his eyes at his interrogator's flippant nature. "Perhaps if you stopped condescending for a few moments and actually talked to the student body. I learned about the Empire from a fellow student within a few hours of arriving. I also learned that the school's administration appears to be scared senseless of it."

    "Seems to be true, at least based on my current circumstances." he adds, with another fairly relaxed shrug.

    "And I did answer your question, though I guess I can do away with the subtlety for you: I was 'scoping' the lab out for myself, because you can never know when danger will strike. I like to be prepared."


    N/A Male voice Robot Ninja10/Machinesmith 1

    "In the previous month you have recorded 10 minutes, 27 seconds of video. In the past three days you have recorded 15 minutes, 34 seconds of video.
    This is a difference of five minutes and seven seconds."


    Male Elf Bard 14/Sorcerer (Maestro) 14
    Alys Himuro wrote:
    With a shrug of her shoulders and a smile, Alys turns back toward the cafeteria. Scribbling a note as she walks, there are several sounds of frustration. After multiple attempts to write in something intelligible, she crumples the paper and throws it down the hallway with a quiet but very frustrated sound. She then simply stalks toward the cafeteria.

    Ehos ventures a careful hand on Alys' back and an understanding smile as they walk towards the cafeteria, deciding to stick to body-language only communication for the time being, empathizing with the other girl.


    Vai Emkar wrote:
    Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
    From Monk, no, but Fei's Enlightened Scholar prestige class gives him the equivalent, sadly.
    Does it also have the "rogue 4 levels above" thing? In that case, the sneak attacks should still work. Not that it's going to matter shortly...

    Ah - truth. If she has 21 levels of Rogue, then that damage will apply, aye. That also means all of that damage will need to be tacked on to what Fei just inflicted on Vai, though - he was returning everything he just received from her physical blows in his counterattack.

    Vai Emkar wrote:

    Static Aura (Electricity Damage): 2d6

    Sandstorm Damage: 2d6

    Fei can feel and hear the crunch as his impacts break weaker bones in his opponent's body. Deathly silent she remains though. The sandstorm continues to swirl and twist throughout the room, damaging much of the equipment left here. Oddly enough, there's no bolt of lightning this time. Fei can feel Vai disengage from the combat, just out of his reach, and begin casting a spell.

    Hmm...Vai still thinks Fei is a soulmech, correct? I ask because soulmechs are immune to necromantic or death effects, and anything requiring a Fortitide save. She would know that those two spells would have no effect on him, and this version of her is far too experienced to waste high-level magic believing that it will fail.

    Unless I'm missing something from the earlier posts, methinks she should fire off some different magic instead...


    male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

    "So, he loses his memory often? Is that because of a certain condition or something else?"

    He enters things into the report.

    "If you think he can be moved, we need to get him to the infirmary for a more complete physical than I can give."


    Female Kitsune Sorcerer/Magus
    Ehos Denulia wrote:
    Ehos ventures a careful hand on Alys' back and an understanding smile as they walk towards the cafeteria, deciding to stick to body-language only communication for the time being, empathizing with the other girl.

    She flinches slightly as Ehos touches her back; his utter silence and her indignant stalking made the gesture a complete surprise. She relaxes a little as they walk and after a few moments gives him a grateful smile over her shoulder.

    -Posted with Wayfinder


    Male Humanoid

    Isolab X

    Tryko'Sam isn't displaying any recognition, just pure instincts, towards anything said from either Kevin or Rena. He's looking at Rena and her physical form (mostly) with open eyes now that the bright light of David is gone. Naturally her more female characteristics are of primary interest.

    The grasping of hand is accepted without any fanfare and he bluntly moves forward to sniff and push her hand against his cheek, adding to the base mannerisms. There's a sniff of her wrist and a glance now and then up to her face, then back to the rest of her. It's possible that the wings are not really given much thought either.

    Kevin he doesn't pay too much attention too, and he's completely ignoring the room's contents unless it gets very noisy or blinks way too much.

    The readings Kevin's got continue to fluctuate. Though, the physical scan of him indicates that he literally remains unchanged, since a mere moments scan prior. He's just not changing on any biological level if left unattended. Could be an indicator of not aging, or something else-- especially if you couple it with the 'inconclusive' energy reading.

    The sensors don't indicate it's 'magic' though.


    Male Kobold (Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle Necromancer; Champion of Death

    ::Umm...I know you're dealing with something, Love, and I don't wish to be a bother, but are you alright?::


    Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
    Vai Emkar wrote:

    Static Aura (Electricity Damage): 2d6

    Sandstorm Damage: 2d6

    Fei can feel and hear the crunch as his impacts break weaker bones in his opponent's body. Deathly silent she remains though. The sandstorm continues to swirl and twist throughout the room, damaging much of the equipment left here. Oddly enough, there's no bolt of lightning this time. Fei can feel Vai disengage from the combat, just out of his reach, and begin casting a spell.

    Touch Attack (Energy Drain): 1d20+54
    Touch Attack (Enervation): 1d20+54

    A sickly green beam of light shoots out from the still-invisible dragon, and strikes Fei dead in the chest. Almost immediately, another, smaller beam of the same flavour follows, though slightly hurried and less accurate.

    Energy Drain: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3 negative levels.
    Enervation: 1d4 ⇒ 2 negative levels.

    Fei's stance finally falters as the life-leeching magics do their work. The realization that this Vai is not going to flee from this engagement finally sinks in. She will not stop....and he cannot leave the imprisoned slaves here to die.

    He quickly asks his Neural Lace to search the site's databases for anything that could help him now, and to get the slaves out of here in case he fails. As it goes to work, the young monk steps up to put Vai back within his reach (using his Champion senses to pinpoint her in the storm), and tries to stop her the only way he apparently can....by not holding back his destructive energies anymore.

    Flurry of Blows, maintaining both Dragon Strikes the Waves to roll against Vai's Touch AC, and Valor's Mantle to ignore both miss chance due to her dimensional movement as well as any damage reduction:

    Attack Roll: 1d20 + 46 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 46 - 5 = 45; Damage: 2d8 + 30 ⇒ (8, 4) + 30 = 42; Kinetic Surge: 1d6 ⇒ 1; Total Damage = 42 points

    Attack Roll: 1d20 + 46 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 46 - 5 = 51; Damage: 2d8 + 30 ⇒ (4, 7) + 30 = 41; Kinetic Surge: 1d6 ⇒ 3; Total Damage = 123 points

    Attack Roll: 1d20 + 41 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 41 - 5 = 53; Damage: 2d8 + 30 ⇒ (3, 1) + 30 = 34; Kinetic Surge: 1d6 ⇒ 3; Total Damage = 102 points

    Attack Roll: 1d20 + 41 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 41 - 5 = 39; Damage: 2d8 + 30 ⇒ (2, 4) + 30 = 36; Kinetic Surge: 1d6 ⇒ 3; Total Damage = 108 points

    Attack Roll: 1d20 + 36 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 36 - 5 = 33; Damage: 2d8 + 30 ⇒ (5, 2) + 30 = 37; Kinetic Surge: 1d6 ⇒ 1; Total Damage = 37 points

    Total = 412 points of combined bludgeoning/untyped kinetic force damage


    Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
    Krays wrote:
    ::Umm...I know you're dealing with something, Love, and I don't wish to be a bother, but are you alright?::

    ::Not....exactly, no. Umm....if you see me, make absolutely sure it's really me. There's a lot of me running around right now apparently and many of them are loyal to Kronos no matter how insane he is. Or not. He might not actually be crazy at all. He might just be trying to do something crazy. Definitely don't let any of them anywhere near the children regardless. Also be very wary of a gold dragon named Aurix. He's bad, bad news. Basically Kronos has brought back every Champion he's ever had, including a few dozen iterations of me courtesy of that whole time loop mess. Still don't know exactly what he's up to.::


    Image
    Jessa Mar'Niell wrote:
    Nala Zamarosok wrote:

    The room slowly thawed as Nala calmed down and got some semblance of control over her runaway emotions.

    When she was calm enough she stepped away from Ryuzo and smoothed her lab coat in a nervous gesture. "I apologize for neglecting you, Jessa. I need to go and do some research in the library, but first, is there anything else you would like to see or do? Your tour did get interrupted."

    Jessa watches the ice and snow with no small interest, giving a start when Nala addresses her directly, "Oh! It is no problem. That seemed to be pretty important, even if I didn't understand even a tenth of it. If you can just give me directions to where I can find this Headmaster, I am sure I can find my way there without getting into too much trouble. I mean, the wards will protect everyone if she comes out, won't they?"

    Nala nodded. "Yes, there are special protections in place. Instead of being sent to the white room, you will be teleported to the Isolab and a message sent to me if the other one comes out. The wards will prevent her from actually hurting anyone even if she does come out. Also, there are special restrictions on you preventing you from leaving the school grounds. Any attempt to do so will get you teleported back away from the edges of the wards. So you can't leave even by accident. I expect that eventually as you gain greater control that those restrictions will be lifted. But I think they are necessary for now, for the safety of everyone involved."

    "If you wish to go to the office yourself, then simply put your hand on the wall and think of your destination. The arrows will light up and you can follow them to your destination."


    Image Alternate Image - all dressed up.

    Tami looked frustrated for a moment.

    "Well, Ginni is stable for now and no news on her recovery. But I don't think Phaezeriel is going to be available for a while. That's how it sounded to me anyways. But we need someone who understands psychic powers. Is there anyone else on staff who can help Raelle?" she demanded of the increasingly flustered nurse.


    Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

    Noticing the lightheaded dealing he's had for the past minute or so, Dave casts air bubble and takes a few deep, calming breaths before speaking grinning and speaking as loudly as possible, "low how the mighty have fallen, the big bad demon hiding as would a mortal child, tut tut, it's kinda pathetic really. I must say I'm disappointed, come out now, and I'll give you a warrior's death, otherwise I'll have to find you myself"
    He says before blasting the ground with his breath weapon destroying the ground in an attempt to drive him from his hiding place


    Male Kobold (Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle Necromancer; Champion of Death
    Ephebe wrote:
    Krays wrote:
    ::Umm...I know you're dealing with something, Love, and I don't wish to be a bother, but are you alright?::
    ::Not....exactly, no. Umm....if you see me, make absolutely sure it's really me. There's a lot of me running around right now apparently and many of them are loyal to Kronos no matter how insane he is. Or not. He might not actually be crazy at all. He might just be trying to do something crazy. Definitely don't let any of them anywhere near the children regardless. Also be very wary of a gold dragon named Aurix. He's bad, bad news. Basically Kronos has brought back every Champion he's ever had, including a few dozen iterations of me courtesy of that whole time loop mess. Still don't know exactly what he's up to.::

    There's no response for a moment...then anger and frustration flow over the bond in spades.

    ::S#*@. I will be wary. I must notify Death so he can take appropriate steps.
    He must realize, this isn't a simple loophole. This is a gross infraction. This will not be overlooked.::

    ::If you need anything...please do not hesitate to call upon me, Love. And please be safe...::


    Though she is early, Cindra follows the arrows that lead her to the botany classroom and slips quietly through the door stepping to one side and surveying the space in front of her.

    72,351 to 72,400 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1443 | 1444 | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | 1449 | 1450 | 1451 | 1452 | 1453 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.