The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


70,301 to 70,350 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1402 | 1403 | 1404 | 1405 | 1406 | 1407 | 1408 | 1409 | 1410 | 1411 | 1412 | next > last >>

Nothing that I see, but you've made a new friend very happy.


Female Idyllkin Ninja 3/Marksman (Shroud) 3
Lang Fei wrote:

anyway follow me, i take you to the dining area, and we can stop by and get Midori and Tarka as well.

Lang escorts the lovely ladies and his best bud through the area where the girls dormitory is (to get the others).

Midori takes one last, long look at the pouch of weapons before turning and walking away.

---

Lang and company will find Midori already heading out of the girls dormitory to find them.

The change is somewhat dramatic. Before, Midori had favoured simple, practical clothing. Clothing that left her free to move and twist and fight if necessary.

Now she's wearing a regal, silken yukata of rich green. The golden embroidered leaf pattern matches Midori's skin tone perfectly. Even her bearing has shifted subtly, standing straighter and taller, no longer with her typical slink in her step.

Her smile hasn't changed though, grinning at her friends. clearly in a good mood. "How do I look, mina-san?" she asks cheerily.


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8
Sorchan del Sol wrote:

::Indeed. You have the talent and abilities necessary to counter that attack, but not if you don't learn how to recognize what you're fighting. Just because you are not a magician doesn't mean you shouldn't know how to recognize magic. The study of spellcraft would have been part of the next part of your training,:: he added in a somewhat pained tone. He was far from unaffected by the massive changes that had taken place recently even if he had been responsible for setting many of them in motion. ::So we take care of that here....which is going to mean more homework for my class. For all of you benders. You're woefully behind your classmates when it comes to understanding magic.::

"Whenever you're ready," he said aloud, preparing to counter Ardiente's next attack....

Ardiente focuses, readying himself...

Yup, I'm good to be done here, as long as Ardiente gets the chance to talk to Sorchan again at the end of class.


Female Kobold with a mushroom hat |Dragonrider 3// undecided

Tarka teleports back into Lois's back without saying a word. She isn't even accompanied by the usual obvious distortion of space this time, just sorta winking into existence.


male human monk 16
Midori Tsuyomi wrote:
Lang Fei wrote:

anyway follow me, i take you to the dining area, and we can stop by and get Midori and Tarka as well.

Lang escorts the lovely ladies and his best bud through the area where the girls dormitory is (to get the others).

Midori takes one last, long look at the pouch of weapons before turning and walking away.

---

Lang and company will find Midori already heading out of the girls dormitory to find them.

The change is somewhat dramatic. Before, Midori had favoured simple, practical clothing. Clothing that left her free to move and twist and fight if necessary.

Now she's wearing a regal, silken yukata of rich green. The golden embroidered leaf pattern matches Midori's skin tone perfectly. Even her bearing has shifted subtly, standing straighter and taller, no longer with her typical slink in her step.

Her smile hasn't changed though, grinning at her friends. clearly in a good mood. "How do I look, mina-san?" she asks cheerily.

Lang stopped and ended up simply staring at Midori, it was a look he never seen from her.

Lang had no idea what to say or what to do.


Male Elf Slayer 16

The blade of an ax swoops right where Djalos' head was-half a second ago. Now, the young elf is in the air, twin blades dancing, his face a mask of steely determination. Up, down, left, right, stab, stab, flourish... and the robot is nothing more than a pile of mangled metal on the floor of the arena, much like the two others.

Djalos wipes some sweat from his blindfold-more out of instinct than necessity-and hooks the swords back onto his cord, now merely amulets. The young elf strides to the desk and puts on the glamour amulet, and his armor fades, replaced by an Avalon blazer, jacket, slacks, and tie. Even his blindfold turns to a vibrant green with Avalon's sigil right in the middle.

Now done changing, Djalos pulls some brail textbooks from the shelf, and begins "reading," and catching up on his subjects With such precision, one would hardly think him blind.

How long 'til lunch?


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10

Grim, still somewhat out of breath from his early activity is is also given some significant pause, though is not effected quite as much as his friend and retains some measure of speech as he leans on his friend " you look nice Mindori... Not that you don't always look nice... Just.. Yeah, nice"


Team Hot Guys (Reduced)
A Plane of Heaven

Jeran's 'voice' goes through to the Chosen One, but, given her state of having been freaked out of her mind, and unconsciousness mixed in with magical insanity, she's probably out of sorts... not to mention, about as smart and aware as a brick. Or a cow.

It's also possible she really has zero social skills, raised mostly as cattle for sacrifice, and thus, when she did speak previously at the school-- was repeating lines ingrained in her mind.

With a mixture of fear (mostly that) and touched on by concern, she simply says, "She is alive at the bidding of the Masters. She does not understand, and wishes only to please."

Clearly, she's not going to make any 'intelligent' choice. She'll probably clean shoes if told too, or worse-- much worse, by any Master.

She does, however, focus on what she knows-- being ordered, and 'comes here', near Jeran away from the Angels. A look of pain and relief, shows briefly on the Herald's features, the less military mannered of the two.

Given how she's reacting to the Angels and the all boy group (now with goo-dragon), her sanity is probably being hit fairly hard right now. In fact, upon looking up from her prior state of glancing down, and hearing Kevin's voice, she immediately looks down again and assumes a submissive state.


Image

Jeran gently gripped her sleeve with his teeth and pulled her towards the others, away from the angels even further. ::It's okay. We're going to take you back home. You will learn to understand in time. We're going to do our best to teach you how to be a human. If you like you can climb on my back and I will carry you,:: he said, staying in wolf form since that seemed to put the girl more at ease.

::Okay, guys, please tell me we have some way out of here. We need to get back to the protections of Avalon as quickly as possible. And get a dimensional anchor and some anti-scrying up on this poor girl too,:: there is a hint of anger to his voice at that. This whole contest sparked rage in him if he thought about it too hard.


The bell rang signaling the end of third hour and the quiet hallways became full of noise as students headed to lunch.


Male Sapphire Dragon

Marcell stays back until the hallways clear up a bit, before wandering towards the lunchroom.


Female Human (three-tailed)

Flourence is in the lunchroom in a flash, gladly eating a surprising amount of food.


Male Firebird

vis sits in the corner of the younger kid's lunchroom, quietly drawing.


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

"I could mix something up that would make her a bit smarter for a while. Probably won't do much to the... Omega nature she's been cultured with, but it might clear her up enough to make a concious choice."
He sighs and expends more magic for her sake, shrinking back down to his human form once more.
While he let's Jeran chew that over he looks to the angel guys.
"Now, your new appointed leader, boss, whatever. You're obviously not too happy about it, but you're following orders, because that's your job. You'd really rather see your old boss appointed over the other guys succeed. Now, all I need to know: is your appointed commander, boss, whatever, a fiend, Devil, etc, yes? That's all I need to know before we go."

The portal still remains, not needing to be closed after Skelly'Sam was sent elsewhere.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

"Once we get her to someplace secure should I try to wish tykro Sam back? Not sure if it would work actually, no idea what he is, other than some kind of demon possession thing is going on"


Male Panda Hybrid

Shiro takes lunch in his office, which is conjoined to his classroom by a sliding door in the back of his room.
Whether the rooms were actually conjoined is dubious at best, but he's long stopped worrying about the strange dimensions the school takes.
His class started with basic reading and simple math was planned for after lunch followed by last period for the elective of the day.
His lunch consists of several pounds of bamboo and a cup of coffee.


Female Firebird Oracle 7

Archena arrives in the lunch room and scans to see if she can find any of the two or three friends she'd made.


male Jabberwocky Like this but chibi and not scary mount

Lewis covers and covers the back of his neck with his paws when the thing lands on him.
"Pleasedon'tkillmeIhavetofindTarka!"
He stammers, shivering.


Male Gian&Nero Half-Fiend Half-Celestial All Elf 3 cleric 3 wizard 10 mystic theurge / 8 fighter 8 gunslinger

Lim-Môr eats in the library, not really having friends to eat with.


female human Witch 5 / Pack Lord Beastmaster 0.5

"I think everyone is here, except for two. Do we know where they are?"
Sara is more on the cute side of girlhood, not striking much if a figure, but looking almost like a doll. Where she usually looks more native American, he current garb of green Japanese dress with pink flowers has her appear of a more Asian Persuasion.


Female Kobold with a mushroom hat |Dragonrider 3// undecided

Tarka bursts put laughing.


Male Firebird

vis quietly looks at Archena, but assumes she wouldn't want to talk to him, and just goes back to drawing.

Liberty's Edge

Male Crossblooded(Boreal/ Elemental) Sorcerer/Artic Ley Druid 9

Not long after his first class ever was over, Pyry grabbed his sister's hand, glad for their respective elemental protections.

"Come on, we gotta find Tybalt so I can make the clothes and then we can go eat!"

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

Zix can be found in the lybrary as usual, a small stack of books floating behind him

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

Lucas bows to his partners as they finish their practice "you did well, I enjoyed myself," he smiles "so then, I do believe lunch is next?"


Female Human Teenager

Having gotten into the Cafeteria earlier on, prior to the actual ringing or sounding of any bell, Anahita was seated near a window that opens to the outside over looking the green of plant life and such, plus open skies.

She sits, as before, dressed in her usual white desert attire, with laced gold/silver intricate chain wrapped between fingers and wrist of her left hand, idly chewing away at sushi bites.

Her hair is in the same fashion, long, flowing, raven waves done up in some thick ponytail fashion this time, reaching mid-back, and darker skin tone due to her Kelesh origins.

While she display no Aura of any sort, she does stand out to the casual onlooker as a sampling of the top tier of humanity, the sort of look or presence a warlord, or leader of man might possess, not your common stock.

Mostly day dreaming, it would appear, she continues looking out at the clouds and seeming to be distracted by nature, even if beyond the walls and windows.


Team Hot Guys
Plane of Heaven

Jeran Darkclaw wrote:

Jeran gently gripped her sleeve with his teeth and pulled her towards the others, away from the angels even further. ::It's okay. We're going to take you back home. You will learn to understand in time. We're going to do our best to teach you how to be a human. If you like you can climb on my back and I will carry you,:: he said, staying in wolf form since that seemed to put the girl more at ease.

::Okay, guys, please tell me we have some way out of here. We need to get back to the protections of Avalon as quickly as possible. And get a dimensional anchor and some anti-scrying up on this poor girl too,:: there is a hint of anger to his voice at that. This whole contest sparked rage in him if he thought about it too hard.

Jeran Darkclaw:
-----

The moment Jeran 'touched' and moved the Chosen One, in this particular case, unlike previously in the School, he feels a sense of being observed without seeing the cause of such.
-----

Glancing between Jeran and the others, albeit extremely briefly and as hidden as her feeble skills in it allow, the Chosen One chastely walks/crawls forward to get near to Jeran in his wolf form as he gently grips her clothing to pull her away from the Angels.

The Angels for their part, do nothing. The Herald, however, let's slip slightly relief at the choice on Jeran's part. Perhaps he might even be hearing the conversation done mentally-- it's not clear.

"Jeran Darkclaw, I thank you for your act, which I refuse to do. My best wishes to you and yours, from this point forward. I offer only this last advice-- as a mortal, of free will, that which we are dedicated to protecting and assisting against the Evils without and within, my first and foremost purpose is to aid and protect. If you ask, I exist to aid you-- unless ordered not." The Herald even seems to imply, without too much subtlety, how to be freed of it's restraints.

Kevin Ramos wrote:

"I could mix something up that would make her a bit smarter for a while. Probably won't do much to the... Omega nature she's been cultured with, but it might clear her up enough to make a concious choice."

He sighs and expends more magic for her sake, shrinking back down to his human form once more.
While he let's Jeran chew that over he looks to the angel guys.
"Now, your new appointed leader, boss, whatever. You're obviously not too happy about it, but you're following orders, because that's your job. You'd really rather see your old boss appointed over the other guys succeed. Now, all I need to know: is your appointed commander, boss, whatever, a fiend, Devil, etc, yes? That's all I need to know before we go."

The portal still remains, not needing to be closed after Skelly'Sam was sent elsewhere.

The Keeper, however, the superior and clearly more militant, adds, "You play a dangerous game, Herald, yet you more than I are freer to do so. The path you lay before you, my compliments at the choice you may be willing to take. I, for one, will not leave until this matter is resolved, if for no other reason," taking a breath while looking at Kevin at this point when speaking, "than to remain here and safeguard Heaven against any Evil which may have entered, in one form or another, of the most vile and chaotic sort. Such is my current, Appointed, Duty, which I will not turn a blind eye too, for reasons known to us both, yet will not speak of given our edicts."

With that said, he actually steps a foot or so away, so the focus fades from him in any fashion, and gives more to the Herald. For all intensive purposes, he's doing the same 'ignoring' thing he was doing prior with the Chosen One. The Team of Hot Guys would realize it's a willing and conscious choice, though the reason might not be immediately clear.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave raises his left eyebrow and projects to the others ::is he implying what I think he's implying?::

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

As engrossed as he is in his work, Arthur completely forgets about food.


Male Elf Slayer 16

Hearing the ringing of the bell, Djalos winces slightly. The young elf's keen hearing amplifies the sound, but it doesn't cause him any actual damage. The book snaps shut, and Djalos gets up and goes to the door, patiently waiting for Ruji or some other guide to appear.


Male Half Orc Druid/Shaman

Sits in the lunchroom, nervously waiting for his impromptu appointment with Mrs Del Sol...


Female Kitsune Sorcerer/Magus
Ehos Denulia wrote:

After a moment, Ehos seems to recover as Alys proffers his gear. He notes her blush and blushes slightly himself. His grin returns somewhat ruefully as he takes the pad and sword back.

He waits for Alys to straighten up, presenting his datapad once again for her to read. 'Hah, that was weird. Nice to meet you Alys.'

Alys' eyes go very wide and her head snaps up to meet Ehos' gaze. Unable to speak for several moments, Alys is snapped out of her shock by the ringing of the bell. As she follows Ehos to the racks where the practice weapons are stored she speaks again, more quietly this time. Anyone near enough to hear her speak can feel the shivers as her words pluck at the fabric of reality, and are overwhelmed by feelings of loneliness.

Ehos:
"Can you truly understand me, or was that a lucky guess?" Her voice holds a note in it of impossible and hopeless hope.

Her words carry what is in effect the opposite of a calm emotions, inciting the feelings of isolation and loneliness in others. Very short duration and weak effect, but those near her will likely seek the company of others as they are leaving the classroom.


Cindra slips into the cafeteria shortly after the bell, gets a lunch, and sits at an empty table to eat. There is a small smile on her face.


Female {REDACTED} {REDACTED}

After standing in the hallway watching the direction in which Mithros disappeared, Jessa turns to Nala with a little smile still curving her lips slightly and a faint flush in her cheeks, "Shall we continue? I would like to meet this headmaster of yours." She glances around at the empty hallways and jumps slightly as the bell rings again.


male human monk 16

Once lang is able to compose himself, he leads the group through the Temple grounds to a large dining area.

several long tables arranged in rows fill the room. all the monks sit on cushions on the floor as several younger monks make their way up and down the tables placing bowls of rice at each place setting.

Lang meets with Master Hito at the door and the group is escorted to a separate table already set with food more accustom to each guest's tastes.

The table everyone is seated has room for several others, and it isn't long before other visitors are escorted in. members of the other bending communities are present, all masters of their particular element. however, the seating for the fire benders remains empty.

Ephebe is placed with the other "masters" signifying her position as a teacher and representative of Avalon school.

Lang tries to sit between Sara and Midori and grim directly across form him.


F Human image Oracle (life) 10 / Bard (Arcane Healer) 10

Kim spent the morning trying to get to know Dara a little better, sensing that both of them are a little nervous about the present situation.

They remained fairly hidden behind the little fortress of books.

when the bell rings for lunch Kim looks to her hopeful new friend. do you wanna have lunch with me? she asks her voice somewhat muffled by the teddy bear covering her embarrassed face.


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16

Mel spent all morning working with Arthur, pouring over ideas and looking at this rift from every possible angle.

Despite being fairly engrossed in her work she does takes a moment here and there to just admire Arthur's abilities as well as how well everyone seems to be working together. (but mostly watching Arthur work)

ya know, I still have this feeling that this rift is being controlled by someone or something. I just can't prove it, but I fear that the best place to activate the device would be inside the rift. all my calculations give that the best chance of success.


Image Alternate Image Yet another alternate image this one showing at least a tattoo
Archena Surya wrote:
Archena arrives in the lunch room and scans to see if she can find any of the two or three friends she'd made.

Raelle wandered into the cafeteria, definitely pouting. Her basic mechanics class had been a disaster, as usual. She could see how things were supposed to go together, but tended to break down when the parts weren't exactly correct, and good luck convincing the teacher that the problem was the equipment and not her own incompetence. She sighed.

She straightened her shoulders and put on a smile when she saw Archena, not wanting to take out her bad mood on the new girl.


Image
Pyry Soleil wrote:

Not long after his first class ever was over, Pyry grabbed his sister's hand, glad for their respective elemental protections.

"Come on, we gotta find Tybalt so I can make the clothes and then we can go eat!"

Asha laughed, glad to have the freedom to move around again. Sitting in one place was hard for her.

"Okay. You coming Rena? Or are you going to check on Bradley again? Tell him I said hello if you do," she said before Pyry dragged her off in his enthusiasm to search for Tybalt.


Image
Lucas Svarog wrote:
Lucas bows to his partners as they finish their practice "you did well, I enjoyed myself," he smiles "so then, I do believe lunch is next?"

"Yeah, at least according to this schedule," Alev said, checking the crumpled printout he had pulled out of his pocket. "Well, let's go then....hey, should we wait for Ardiente? He seems kinda caught up talking to Mas...er, I mean Professor del Sol. Dangit, it's gonna take a while to get used to new titles."


Image
Alev Brenneke wrote:
Lucas Svarog wrote:
Lucas bows to his partners as they finish their practice "you did well, I enjoyed myself," he smiles "so then, I do believe lunch is next?"
"Yeah, at least according to this schedule," Alev said, checking the crumpled printout he had pulled out of his pocket. "Well, let's go then....hey, should we wait for Ardiente? He seems kinda caught up talking to Mas...er, I mean Professor del Sol. Dangit, it's gonna take a while to get used to new titles."

"Pfft. He wants to suck up to the teacher, let him. I'm hungry. Let's go eat," Etain said breezily.


Image

"Translation, we should keep our noses out of it," she laughed as she put a hand on Alev's shoulder, pulling him towards the door.


Image
David.De'Foul wrote:
Dave raises his left eyebrow and projects to the others ::is he implying what I think he's implying?::

::Pretty sure that's a yes,:: Jeran said, considering exactly what to do with this strange offer.

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

Lucas sends a quick telepathic projection to ardente telling him they'd meet up later before he follows the the others to the food, hoping they knew where it was so his own ignorance would not be revealed, this being mostly a force of habit.


Image
Kor'Athon wrote:
Sits in the lunchroom, nervously waiting for his impromptu appointment with Mrs Del Sol...

Pyra led her class to the lunchroom and handed them over to the supervision of the new gym teacher. She grabbed a charred cheese sandwich that she hastily ate on the way to Ephebe's office. She would need to find where Ephebe had hidden the new hire paperwork.


Male Elf Slayer 16

When both firebird girls walk into the cafeteria, they see a very strange sight indeed: a tall elven boy with black hair and an Avalon-school uniform-with the strange accompaniment of a green blindfold with the Avalon symbol-walks in, guided by a winged cat you may recognize as Ruji. He gives a respectful bow, and then goes to fetch some food from the elven cuisine. He also makes a stop by the catfolk section to grab some fish-and then proceeds, after some consideration, to sit down where you, Sadie, Ginni, and Tami usually sit.

He eats efficiently-with exactly 27 bites per mouthful, if she notices such things-but not quickly. Every once in a while, he cocks his head, as if listening to something, and throws one of the sardines in the air. They go up, but they don't come down...

Djalos' Pattern:

Raelle can see that the young elf boy's pattern is extremely strange. It's almost like clockwork-extremely ordered and precise, moving at the exact same times-except for the center, which is a chaotic maelstrom.


Male Aasimar (Muse-Touched)

Jacob follows his class to lunch meekly. The pain had stopped, but he's still quite meek, and hangs near the back. He gets some dry white toast and oatmeal, and sits alone, lost in thought.


Image
Jessa Mar'Niell wrote:
After standing in the hallway watching the direction in which Mithros disappeared, Jessa turns to Nala with a little smile still curving her lips slightly and a faint flush in her cheeks, "Shall we continue? I would like to meet this headmaster of yours." She glances around at the empty hallways and jumps slightly as the bell rings again.

The empty hallway suddenly became very full of students on their way to the cafeteria. It went from quiet to extremely loud and Nala unconsciously created a small wall of ice in front of them that forced the students to walk around them. She blushed a little as she realized what she had done. She should probably give herself some time in the meditation classroom later. She was losing her control of ice with alarming frequency, even if it had been an exceptionally stressful few days.

"Yes, of course," she said loudly, to be heard over the crowd. "Let's just give it a minute to clear up first."


Cindra Svarog wrote:
Cindra slips into the cafeteria shortly after the bell, gets a lunch, and sits at an empty table to eat. There is a small smile on her face.

"So am I allowed to join you, or are you enjoying alone time? I promise not to be offended if you tell me that you're kinda over the whole family time thing," Solas said as he approached his sister.


Image
Kim Snow wrote:

Kim spent the morning trying to get to know Dara a little better, sensing that both of them are a little nervous about the present situation.

They remained fairly hidden behind the little fortress of books.

when the bell rings for lunch Kim looks to her hopeful new friend. do you wanna have lunch with me? she asks her voice somewhat muffled by the teddy bear covering her embarrassed face.

Dara considered this. The lunchroom was even more frightening than the classroom. But he had to eat and with Miss Zamarosok off today there wasn't anywhere to go and hide. He nodded slowly. This girl seemed like she was as scared as he was which made it easier to not be afraid of her. Mostly. He'd feel better if Midori was here. But there was lots of silverware in the lunchroom, so he could use that to stay safe if he needed.

By this point Kim has figured out that Dara doesn't talk. He communicates a little through sign language as the gloves he wears translate his signs into words that can be read. His sentences are often fragmented and awkward due to a limited vocabulary.

70,301 to 70,350 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1402 | 1403 | 1404 | 1405 | 1406 | 1407 | 1408 | 1409 | 1410 | 1411 | 1412 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.