Welcome to the Discussion tab! This game is for Gameday VII, the second session, starting on October 1st.
1. This discussion thread is open for all OOC matters, so no ooc tag needed. For OOC matters in the gameplay thread, please use the [ ooc ] tag.
2. Please post at least once a weekday, and at least once on weekends. If you would be away, please let me know in advance where possible, and we can work something out. Otherwise, if you go missing, where necessary, I will bot your characters for the sake of the rest of everyone else. Thus, it is a good idea is to leave botting instructions for normal combat (with dice rolls), space combat and non-combat in your profile page beforehand.
3. If you have any disagreements over some of my GM calls or interpretation of the scenario, please take it to the discussion thread or, even better, pm me.
4. If you have played and/or GMed this scenario before, please do not metagame or spoil the plot. And please let me know.
5. It is the responsibility of the player to keep track of the game, including referencing the map on google slides and moving your token.
6. Once surprise (if any) and initiative is determined, for the group of characters who can take actions, I would resolve actions in posting order, NOT initiative order. I used to do the latter but it doesn’t work that well in PbP, so am going with the former instead.
7. There is no Space Combat in this scenario.
Rolls and Skill Checks
8. I will do your initiative rolls, as well as perception rolls for surprise rounds.
9. On knowledge checks for general information, sometimes I use spoilers, sometimes I fill you in based on your roll. I'll let you know each time it comes up. (Don’t forget that you can make knowledge checks untrained for DC10.)
10. On skill checks where there could be team effort involved, please be explicit when making the rolls whether you are attempting the check on your own, or whether you are aiding. There might be situations where only one character is allowed to attempt the check (and the rest to aid) – I’ll state so explicitly if that’s the case.
11. On skill checks in general, if I feel you have roleplayed well, e.g. gave a good description of what your character does to search for a trail, came up with creative ways to befriend a hostile NPC, gave a very rousing speech, I often give bonuses.
12. The maps and handouts link (at the top of the page, and my statblock) will display all the maps, handouts, pictures, etc as the scenario progresses. (Incidentally, Android and IOS has the Google Slides app in case you work off mobile devices.)
13. Please have your full character information up on your character's profile page. Also, please have your stat block updated with the key information.
Feel free to chat over the next few months or so, but make sure you dot in so that we're ready to go in October!
Hi Ewok! Meloriel here. I'm excited for this one!
Medrick is interested, but I will be level 3. I am fine playing out of subtier, but if you are uncomfortable with that as it may take a bit of the challenge of the adventure away, I would completely understand.
I'm in. I don't know what I'll be using using yet, as I've got several that can play and with this being level 1, I like anyone else can just make a character on the spot. I'll see what we have when we get closer to October.
Then count me in. The only adventure I am more interested in 1-17 but no one seems to be running it. So I will gladly play this one. I shouldn't be too much more powerful than others since I will still be using a level 2 weapon. Just be a bit harder to kill haha
I'd like to sign up for this one... hopefully, I have the right dwarf... Yes, yes. This is the SF dwarf. :)
I'd love to be the 6th crew member, if you'd have me. Saeron will be doing Live Exploration Extreme! in Round 1 and will be Lvl 2 afterwards.
She's currently down for another table (I think you're also on that one GM Ewok) that looks like going higher tier. I will make arrangements to ensure the other table is not left shorthanded.
Confirmed: I have left the other table.
Absolutely! Welcome! (I thought I recognized your name.)
Thanks GM Ewok. I thought it was an interesting coincidence when I realised!
I also realised later that we have played together previously on a couple of occasions, both of us using different characters each time.
Ewok and everyone else, my sincere apologies. I had intended to sign up for Ash of Discovery. I've played Duskmire Accord.
I'm sorry that it took me so long to realize that I had signed up for the wrong scenario. I'll make a post in Flaxseed so people know there's an opening here.
Ewok, if you could un-check me from the Campaign Settings tab, I would appreciate it.
Looks like we have so far:
* (DoubleGold TBD)
Nicely balanced! If the spot is available, I'd like to submit this Technomancer for consideration.
|Choppy - 702|
|Choppy - 702|
Alright, everybody! I want to bring us all back together. Please post the below information by Friday, 9/28. That will help us see party composition and make sure everyone is still here.
Character Class & Level:
Day Job Roll (Actually roll it):
Also, I just finished reading through the scenario. This one is going to be a TON of fun.
Player name: meloriel
Character Name: Rora
Character Class & Level: Ysoki Xenoseeker Envoy 2
Day Job Roll (Actually roll it): None!
Player name: Supersuperlative
Character Name: Saeron Kasari
Character Class & Level: Mystic 2 (currently 1 but getting toward end of first session table of Live Exploration Extreme!)
Day Job Roll (Actually roll it): Profession (video personality): 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 4 = 29 with professional's tools
Player name: Caro Cogitatus
Character Name: Tamon-51
Character Class & Level: Technomancer 2
Day Job Roll (Actually roll it): None
Thanks for having me!
Player name: Vlaovich88
Character Name: Medrick
Character Class & Level: Soldier 3
Day Job Roll (Actually roll it): Using the Instructor instead of a day job
Hello everyone! This weekend is Thanksgiving so I will very likely be unable to fit in a post. I’ll be back to regular posting on Tuesday. Thanks for understanding, and I hope you have a great weekend!
Oh, hey! I didn't know you were Medrick! I played my first ever SFS Scenario with you. I was Julakesh back in the Commencement.
Hello guys, I was just wondering who here has played in 1-09 Live Exploration Extreme. Mostly asking because it takes place in the same location and if not everyone has played it, I would like to avoid making a post that spoils anything.
Faction: Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)
Ally: High Society Influence
Slotless :Starfinder Society Care Package
Slotless :Claimant to Salvation
Basic Faction boon to gain reputation
Claim to Salvation slotless boon
Factions Friend (social boon, limited use) If I fail a mission that would grant me fame, I can check off 1 of 3 uses, where I do gain reputation but no fame.
Medrick, I was with you (as Drehpehs Koob) for Live Exploration Extreme!
Good to see you again.
You have actually seen more around since then, I am also Loremaster GM so you were in my commencement! It is awesome to see the same people around!
Good point. I've only played Live Exploration Extreme!
Will slot boons later on today.
Boons Slotted this Adventure
Ally: High Society Influence (Iteration-177, Naiaj, Royo, Ykris, Zo!)
Faction: Dataphiles Champion
Social: Budding Media Celebrity
Starship: Star Monster Slayer
On a side note - since I rolled my day job check before receiving the chronicle to obtain the Budding Media Celebrity boon, I was wondering if you would be kind enough to allow me to apply the +5 granted retroactively? (Totally cool if not)
All good. Thanks for the update. And the extra +5 to day job roll.
Hi, guys! I'm back and ready to get rolling. Thanks for your patience.
And yes, Rora has played Live Exploration Extreme!
Ally - Publicist (+1 Diplomacy)
Faction - Acquisitive’s Champion
Personal - None
Promotional - None
Social - Honorary Spider (+1 Sense Motive)
Starship - Automated Defences
Slotless - Ghibran Linguist, Salvation's Delver
Many apologies for my absence. My Campaigns page has been notifying me for everything else but not for this for some reason.
Doing a lot of reading to catch up...