Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


3,851 to 3,900 of 16,211 << first < prev | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | next > last >>

Vilis notices that Des wants to take the group through the temple and out the secret door behind the statue, when she interrupts. clearing her throat, c**gh stopping to pull on Karnog,"there's fresh air above us...perhaps, we can check that out, it may be shorter."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Desmond looks at her, then where she's indicating.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"May be, true. I also heard movement and commands from up above. If we run into that abbot, he could kill half of us in one blast. If we're careful, and can get the drop on him, maybe we can get everyone out in one piece."

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 perception

"Listen close: if you see a dark-clothed guy chanting and raising an unholy symbol like Malcolm and I do with our holy ones, take cover and get back. At least 10yards away if you can. Your life may depend on it." Karnog addresses the farmers and mercenaries before patching himself up from his zombie wound and grabbing another morningstar.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 clw scroll


Desmond there is nothing unusual or misleading in her statements. You also recall she was able to pick up the footprints on the stairs earlier which lead you to believe she is some sort of tracker.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond nods. "Good catch." He checks out their other options.


Evil GM

I'll update the map when I get home.

As Desmond moves up the stairs cautiously he enters a barren room has a long wooden table and sixteen wooden stools. There are signs of disruption within the room as several stools are overturned, the table is on its side and at an angle to be used as cover. There are numerous clay bowls cracked with half eaten simple porridge and stale bread with water puddled on the ground from an interrupted meal.

I'll role out initiative when I get home.


Evil GM

Dining Area Surface Map

DM Initiative Rolls:

RA:
Karnog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Kalim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Malcolm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Grimm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Vatilda: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Desmond: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
acolytes: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Skeleton thing: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Initiative Order:

Vatilda
Malcolm
Skeleton thing
Desmond
Acolytes
Grimm
Karnog
Kalim
NPCs

Grimm your scalp becomes warm and begins to itch. Those behind Grimm can see his princess crown is starting to glow.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm scratches at his head.
Doesn't that mean there's something undead nearby?

Grimm uses a standard action to change his teamwork feat to OUTFLANK.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm draws his Bastard Sword and double=moves into the room at Q20.


Evil GM

Vatilda is up.


Evil GM

I'm going to skip over Vatilda, she can post her action when she logs on. I'll DMPC her at the end of the round, if it becomes necessary.

RD 1: Skeleton thing

The skeleton raises a a bony finger and points towards Malcolm, a greenish blue glob of energy springs forth and strikes the paladin.

magic missile: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 2 = 9


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond charges to the west, cutting at the closest opponent.

Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (2, 4, 5) = 13


Evil GM

RD 1: update

Initiative Order:

Vatilda
Malcolm- double moved to Q,20
Skeleton thing - magic missile on Malcolm 9 HP
Desmond
Acolytes
Grimm - std action changed to outflank teamwork.
Karnog
Kalim
NPCs

Updated Map


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Round 1

Vatilda casts a quick ward upon herself, arms herself, then squeezes past Karnog to get face to face with the enemy.

(Protection from Evil on myself, move to P,19)


Evil GM

Vatilda protects herself and moves into the room, while Des steps to Q, 19 and hits the nearest acolyte (Q,18). The man remains standing.


Evil GM

RD 1 Map update before Acolytes turn


Evil GM

RD 1: Acolytes

The red haloed enemy have flails, the yellow have crossbows (and flails).

The western acolytes attack (red), each taking a 5 ft step.

Against vatilda:
P,18 (he is also the injured one)

flail: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11;damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Against Des:
Q,18:

flail: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17;damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Vatilda and Des can see at least three other armed men moving forward int the courtyard (purple)

The three light crossbow man shoot:

Two at Desmond

bow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17;damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

bow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13;damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

One at Malcolm:
bow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5;damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

After they fire they drop their bows and grab their flails for melee battle.

Updated Map


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond laughs as he nimbly flows between the attacks, then rolls around the man he hit. He then points a sword at him, shouting "Malcolm, strike him!" He waits for the flank, striking at the man.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (5, 1, 3) = 13


Evil GM

Desmond I'll hold your action and I'll apply it in RD 2 since you've done your RD 1 turn already.

RD 1 remaining actions

Karnog
Kalim
NPCs


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim moves behind Vatilda and strikes with his cold iron longspear. attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Evil GM

The man wounded by Des, who shifted over in front of Valtilda, falls to the ground as Kalim rams his spear into the foe.

Updated Map


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog moves up to behind the front line warriors and casts bless.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Round 2, Malcolm holds until Des tumbles through, Flank, Blessed

Malcolm nods, and as Des tumbles through, he steps up five feet into a flanking position and attacks.

BS Att: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 2 + 1 = 30
BS Dam: 1d10 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12


Evil GM

The NPC's will wait back...protecting the farmers. Although Vilis seems anxious to charge in and help out, it's just too crowded at the moment.


Evil GM

RD 2

Initiative Order:

Vatilda
Malcolm- waits for flanking then steps up, injuring the man
Skeleton thing -
Desmond - tumbles and flanks, killing the man flanked.
Acolytes
Grimm - .
Karnog
Kalim
NPCs

Map RD after Des and Malcolm flank

*The man flanked by Des and Malcolm is now dead, i'll update that on the next map.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Will wait for the acolytes before posting


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Vatilda slips between Malcolm and Kalim, stows her mace, then points at a crossbowman.

5'step to Q,20 (cast Murderous Command Will DC 15 vs S,20)


Evil GM

will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Vatilda tries to offer a suggestion to one of acolytes but he fights off the intrusion.


Evil GM

Rd 2: Skeleton thingy

anyone with knowledge religion and make a check.

The skeleton, whose bones are jet black in color, lets its aura be know to all its foes. (free action)

Frightful Presence for each PC DC 15 Will save. Failure is shaken for rounds: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 5, 2, 4) = 18 Malcolm is immune and any ally within 10 ft of Malcolm recieves a +4 on his save.

He then lets one more magic missile fly this time targeting Kalim.

MM: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 2 = 7

shaken:

A shaken character takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.


Evil GM

RD 2

Initiative Order:

Vatilda - moved to Q, 20 cast spell
Malcolm- waits for flanking then steps up, injuring the man
Skeleton thing - frightful aura and MM 7 HP on Kalim
Desmond - tumbles and flanks, killing the man flanked.
Acolytes
Grimm - .
Karnog
Kalim
NPCs

Updated RD 2 Map


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 know: religion
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20 will save


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

will save: 1d20 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 16
will+Pally+Mystic Null+Protection from evil


Evil GM

Karnog:
You've hear of the rare Black Skeleton. Rumored to be of legend only! These creatures are skilled swordsman with two short weapons, and it is obvious, that this one has arcane spellcasting powers. You figure he was some sort of lord before his perverted death. He has some sort of racial ability that causes fear to his enemies (frightful presence). His attacks can zap the strength from his unwary opponents in addition to normal damage. Obviously being undead he as certain immunities like other undead and that bludgeoning weapons (and good) are most effective.


Evil GM

RD 2: Acolyte

A second purple haloed man moves forward trying to use the column (Q, 16) to trap Desmond. Both men attack Des:

P, 16
flail: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11;damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

R, 16:
flail: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10;damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Both miss.

The yellow haloed men hold their actions for the time being, until someone gets closer to the table on it's side.

Updated Map


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Will save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Grimm feels the aura assault his mind and then break upon the jagged iron wall that served for the dwarfs will.

He moves up behind Desmond and casts DIVINE FAVOR on himself


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Will: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 4 = 26[b]"What do you know of fear, beast? LESS THAN I!"[/dice]

RTA: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17Fire Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 6, 3) = 14

He points at the skeletal mage and a blast of fire shoots forth.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Good! Energy damage and good bashing wepons will take care of the skeleton. And while I'm here..."

Karnog moves up to pass Desmond (soaking two AoOs, if I'm not mistaken. )


Evil GM

Karnog there is column in Q, 16 but wiht your double move you can make it to R, 15 or P, 15. I placed you in R,15 tell me it that is fine.

Two AOO:

flail: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22;dam: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

One attack hits the cleric. (I believe)

flail: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15;dam: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Evil GM

Kalim's you notice that the fire damage seems to be soaked up by the skeleton, he's a bit burnt but not as bad as you would have expected.

Grimm slides in casting his divine favor preparing for combat.

The three acolytes push the table forward a bit and step up with it to get closer.

str: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Aid:

str: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
str: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

end of round map


Evil GM

RD: 3

Vatilda -
Malcolm-
Skeleton thing -
Desmond -
Acolytes
Grimm -
Karnog
Kalim
NPCs

RD 3


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Round 2, Blessed

Malcolm swings across the table at the acolyte in R19.

I am assuming this is a -2 Att because of the table?

BS Att: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 2 + 1 = 22
BS Dam: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Karnog, there!" Desmond waits for Karnog to get behind the enemy in front of him, then lashes out with both swords. "Keep it up!"

Attacks: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 = 241d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 = 23
Damages: 1d6 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (5, 1, 2) = 131d6 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (2, 6, 5) = 16

If Karnog has other plans in mind subtract 2 from each attack and the 3d6 from each damage.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Nope, that was exactly the plan.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"The undead mage shakes off the fire of the old ones! Desmond and Malcom, make it your priority."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Kalim drives his magic longspear into the man in front of Vatilda.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Vatilda draws her mace and swings at the same foe as Malcolm.

mace vs R,19: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

@GM Baldwin: Is the table creating cover for a -2 to Att rolls?


Evil GM

@ Malcolm - The table is cover -2 to attack rolls.

@Karnog and Des - Q,16 is big column so you can't move there. the Square fire in the corner of S/R 15/16 is a burning incense and candelabra.

I need Des and Karnog to each roll a Fort Save DC 14. Failure is a -2 to Will save and concentration checks.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Evil GM

The incense filled courtyard air has a calming effect on you Desmond. -2 Will save and concentration checks.

3,851 to 3,900 of 16,211 << first < prev | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.