Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


3,801 to 3,850 of 16,218 << first < prev | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | next > last >>

Understanding Grimm's normal battle cadence Malcolm delays slightly to let Grimm move. The paladin steps up to N,-1 and channels his divine power.

Rd 1: Zombie Will save vs Malcolm DC 14

z1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
half dam
z2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
half dam
z3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
half dam
z4: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
half dam
z5: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
full dam


RD 1: AOO

The amazon tries to bash the bugbear zombie slipping by her,

att: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5;dam: 1d8 ⇒ 8

dex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

The morning star does not slip from her hand as the bugbear slips by unscathed.

RD 1 Vilis

att: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22;dam: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Her next swing strikes home as the next zombie steps up closer.

The remaining NPCs are not able to act given the congestion. Except the farmers scream and freak out as zombies get near them. The cower near the floor and wall trying to avoid the zombies reach.


Evil GM

Des - I'm not sure if you are going to move closer or not, since the Ettin did not move way from the way. Did you want to use that Acro check and attack to get next to him and inside his 10 ft reach? Note the Ettin now has a whip and a knotty club in its beefy hands.

RD2:

Order:

Karnog
zombies
Des
Kalim
Malcolm
Grimm
Valtida
Gronk
NPCs

RD 2 Map


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

More channel!

3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 2) = 11 damage to undead, DC 15 for half. 3/7 remaining.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 35/23/25 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 11/21/10 HP 142/142

Ah, I assumed he would be charging. Yes, I'll use that to get within his reach.

Desmond glances back at the party. Crap, it's gonna take them a moment to get here...I need to stay alive. Desmond takes a swing at the creature, but the swing is mostly to keep the thing from swinging back. Then he shoves against the wall to get behind the creature.

Attack (Fighting Defensively): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 4 = 10
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

AC is currently 21


Evil GM
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:

More channel!

3d6 damage to undead, DC 15 for half. 3/7 remaining.

Is that like more cowbell? :-)


Evil GM

RD 1: Desmond's action

Desmond tumbles near the ettin without incident but he misses his attack.

RD 2: Karnog channels one more time. DC15

z1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
full dam
It is still up and looking ragged.

z2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
half dam
Still up and looking bad

z3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
full dam

Destoryed

z4: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
half dam

still up but looking terrible

z5: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
full dam

Destoryed


Evil GM

Map update RD


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 35/23/25 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 11/21/10 HP 142/142

How possible is it for me to get behind him?


RD 2: zombies

One steps up and over a fallen creature to attack Vilinis,

att: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20;damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Vilinis grunts in pain.

Another attacks karnog,

att: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18;damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The last attacks malcolm,

att: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13;damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Evil GM
Desmond Aeros wrote:
How possible is it for me to get behind him?

it really isn't possible, he is filling much of the area. You can get down that side hallway though which would permit Grimm and others to attack from the front.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 35/23/25 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 11/21/10 HP 142/142

Ok, when Grimm gets close I'll step to the side and let him fight. I just wanted to rush over here to protect our squishy back line from this guy.


Evil GM

You will have to Acro and move because of the distance.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 35/23/25 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 11/21/10 HP 142/142

Acro: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

rta: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13str dam: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Kalim fires a sickly green ray to enfeeble the ettin.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull
Desmond Aeros wrote:
Ok, when Grimm gets close I'll step to the side and let him fight. I just wanted to rush over here to protect our squishy back line from this guy.

Squishy? Who you calling Squishy? My AC vs giants is awesome!

Aww! Yer blocking me charge lane!

Grimm moves up to attack behind Des (H,-1), hoping the rogue will move, allowing him to chop at the thing. Having nothing better to do while the rogue is in the way he hurls a glob of magical ACID (acid splash) at the ettin, hoping to annoy it at least.

RANGED TOUCH ATTACK, firing into melee: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 4 = 11
Acid Damage, no save: 1d3 ⇒ 1


Evil GM

RD2: update

Order:

Karnog channeled for 11/5 HP of damage to the undead
zombies - two were destroyed with Karnog's channel, the others attacked.
Des - acros to the side hall.
Kalim - RTA hits the ettin for 6 HP

Malcolm
Grimm - Hit for 1 Acid
Valtida
Gronk
NPCs

Des still has his Std action (he has taken his move action)

RD 2 updated map


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Round 2

Malclom yells at the freed prisoners in front of him as he swings at the Zombie emerging from the hallway.

Fight or get back in the cells and out of the way, fools!

BS Att: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
BS Dam: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 35/23/25 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 11/21/10 HP 142/142

Des finishes his roll, standing to slash at the creature.

Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 - 4 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Fighting defensively, AC is 21


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Sorry, Kalim hit for six Str with the enfeeblement ray. Not hp.


Evil GM

That's a huge difference Kalim, I didn't read it thoroughly...thanks

As Malcolm destroys the closest zombie a farmer responds to Malcolm, "W'r farmers...show me the manure and p'tch fork and i'll be right on it, yer the warrior."


Evil GM

Desmond hits with his attack.


Evil GM

Vatilda, Gronk and NPCs have actions remaining in RD 2.


RD 2: Vilis

The warrior woman strikes at her foe:

att: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6;dam: 1d8 ⇒ 4

But her attack fails...again.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Round 2

Vatilda steps into the hallway and gestures at the ettin, and fires a crackling bolt of dark energy from her palm.
eldritch bolt vs ettin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 vs Touch AC
force damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Evil GM

The bolt hits the ettin!


Evil GM

RD 2: Ettin

Gronk using his club whacks at Desmond,

att, str reduction: 1d20 + 14 - 3 ⇒ (16) + 14 - 3 = 27;damage: 1d8 + 6 - 3 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 3 = 8

The club cracks off of rogue's shoulder.

While the whip lashes out at Grimm,

att, str reduction: 1d20 + 8 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 3 = 19;dam, plus trip: 1d4 + 6 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 3 = 6

cmb v cmd: 1d20 + 14 - 3 ⇒ (6) + 14 - 3 = 17


Evil GM

RD3:

Order:

Karnog
Des -
Kalim -

Malcolm
Grimm -
Valtida
Gronk
NPCs

RD 3 Map


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 35/23/25 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 11/21/10 HP 142/142

Desmond grunts in pain at the bruised shoulder and goes back on the offensive, actually staying somewhat quiet for once and trying not to unduly piss of the creature. He hopes Grimm gets the message to draw him out into the tunnel further.

Attacks: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

rta: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17fire damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 2, 3) = 11"You felt the hunger of the elder gods! Now feel their wrath, ettin!"


Evil GM

Desmond's quick swords barely connect the ettin. Then Kalim's fiery wrath outlines the creature.


Evil GM

RD3: update

Order:

Karnog
Des - hits for 6 Hp
Kalim - spell burns for 11 Hp

Malcolm
Grimm -
Valtida
Gronk
NPCs


Evil GM

The two heads curse in nonsensical guttural grunts.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Round 3, Flanking

Malcolm moves to a flanking position with Karnog in M-N0 and attacks the zombie.

BS Att: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 2 = 22
BS Dam: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"The only cure is....more healing energy!"

3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) = 8 damage to undead, DC 15 for half, 2/7 remaining.


Evil GM

Between the channel and Malcolm's attack the remaining zombies are destroyed.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm has a grin from ear to ear as the rogue FINALLY gets out of the way and there is a charge lane before him.

He rushes forward and attempts to take the thing at the knee caps with his Greatsword. He uses a swift action for BANE and screams a DESTRUCTIVE SMITE!
Goruuuum!!

2 hand DF, BANE, PA, Charge: 1d20 + 8 + 3 + 2 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 3 + 2 - 1 + 2 = 28
2 hand DF, Bane, PA, Destructive Smite: 2d6 + 3 + 2 + 2d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 3 + 2 + (3, 6) + 3 + 2 = 27

Buffs: Divine Favor, Judgement to AC, +4AC vs Giant, Bane. Current AC vs Etten is 25-2 for charging


Evil GM

AOO on Grimm:

The ettin lashes out with his club at the charging dwarf,

att, str reduction:: 1d20 + 14 - 3 ⇒ (2) + 14 - 3 = 13;damage: 1d8 + 6 - 3 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 3 = 5

"Grunzzzcku dwuuvxk!"

translation:
"Dwarf meat!"


Evil GM

Grimm strikes true but the two headed giant remains standing.


Evil GM

RD3: update

Order:

Karnog channels
Des - hits for 6 Hp
Kalim - spell burns for 11 Hp

Malcolm attacked flanking and destroying the last zombie
Grimm - charged Gronk and hit for 27 HP
Valtida
Gronk
NPCs

Gronk looks teetering.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Ha! Ye too tall son of a b!tch. Gorum's gonna use yer skin ta wipe his a$$!

The wild dwarf keeps his blade high to deter the beast's attempts to grab at the him.


Evil GM

The two mouths spit goo at the nasty, tasty dwarf.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Round 3

Vatilda keeps her hand up, and fires another dark bolt over Grimm's shoulder.

eldritch bolt: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 4 = 8 vs touch AC
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Evil GM

Four massive brownish red eyes widen in disbelief as the giant's knees begin to wobble, eventually buckling under his weight. Then slowly the huge oaf crashes down in the hallway, separating Des from the others. The giant's breath is shallow as his lifeblood freely puddles in stone corridor.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Kill Stealer!

Grimm moves quickly to chop off the heads of the ettin before anyone else can attack HIS kill. He drops his BANE, not needing it to finish this jailer off.
Full round action. Auto critical.
auto critical X2, Fort save or Die DC 10 + Damage delt= DC46: 2d6 + 6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (1, 5) + 6 + 3 + 3 = 18

Edit: I got my numbers wrong with my charge attack. Calculated damage based on 16 str, with a one handed weapon. Should have been 30 damage.

He turns, a ridiculous sight of Tiara wearing Dwarven Fury.
Didn't ask fer yer help girl. Desmond, climb over this sack o meat and let's get goin'

The dwarf grabs the two heads and ties them to his belt. Lend some credence to our tales at the alehouse. Usually good fer a few bought rounds.

He pauses as though he'd forgotten something. Search the bodies. Might have something of value.


Evil GM

You still needed vatilda's attack to put it down this round.

The large knotty club is very nice (Msw), he has an old rusty chain shirt on, a flayed large whip, a large lt. flail and nice spiked chain (+1) on his hip.

He has small pouch contain, 77 GP, 23 SP, 113 CP and 8 colored stones (213 total value). The two heads are quite large, they'll fit in handysacks but will be awkward to simply tie to your hips.

The bugbear zombies have morning stars (4), leather armor in various states of repair, light wooden shields.


Evil GM

Where to now are you going up the stairs?

Karnog and Malcolm noticed that Vilis handled herself well int eh battle, the others hung back but there was limited room in the tunnel. Of course the farmers panicked.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Pay no heed to Grimm, and his ramblings, Vatilda. Great shot AND kill. I will be sure to add that to any tales that Grimm spews forth of his accolades. If you were a little taller, Grimm, you may be able to tie those on your belt...ha, ha, ha!

He turns to Vilis.

Well done to you as well, Vilis. We need to get moving. Lead the way, Des.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 35/23/25 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 11/21/10 HP 142/142

Des jumps over the large body, nodding to the others and grinning at Grimm. He begins leading the group out the way they came in.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm takes off after Desmond, assuming his customary spot, backing up the rogue.
Never said weren't a good shot, Shiny Boots. Said I didn't need the help. Near took it's f**king leg with me charge. Probably woulda bled out after that anyway.

He does nod to Vatilda as he passes. And dumps the heads at her feet.
Good shot. These be yours then.
Then he walks away. As close to a compliment and an apology as he was going to give at that point.

3,801 to 3,850 of 16,218 << first < prev | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.