Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


3,451 to 3,500 of 16,204 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Working together, the time goes by quickly, and the caskets are placed as barriers in defensible positions. You are able to rest, take food and set your watches.

I assume splitting those with darkvision.

random encounters:

15%: 1d100 ⇒ 86
20%: 1d100 ⇒ 81
25%: 1d100 ⇒ 17

Who was on the third watch?


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond smiles "I like that. Nothing that would keep anybody out too long, but enough so they'd have to make a mess and a racket to get through." Desmond moves over and starts dragging some of the caskets to the northeast entrance.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog would be on dawn watch, to facilitate spell preparation.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Nobody actually needs to sleep, cept the Arcane casters. I got me Wand o KEEP WATCH here so we may as well use it.
Our sorcerer and maybe the Oracle can sleep. The rest would be awake all night. So 4 charges. Everybody bar those two are awake with gear on for a random encounter


Evil GM

PC Perception checks:

Malcolm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Desmond: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Grimm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Karnog: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
rats stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

As the group settles in the third shift of watch, Desmond, sees the ground begin to move from the collapsed area.

Desmond and the rats only can act in this surprise round.

Initiative:

Desmond: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
rats: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

I'll roll out the remaining initiative after the surprise round.

Surprise Round Map


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond peers in interest for a moment, then remembering the earlier swarm cries out and draws his weapons. "Rise and shine ladies, got a swarm over here!"

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Evil GM

what type of weapon Desmond. You'd remember that a Rat Swarm takes only half damage from piercing and slashing attacks

Hundreds of tiny rats scurry over your boots, up your clothes and over your body, little claws hanging on as hungry mouths nibble.

damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
plus fort save DC 12


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Well I did just pick up a very nice bludgeoning weapon...

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Evil GM

initiative:

RA Initiatve:

RA:
Karnog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Kalim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Malcolm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Grimm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Vatilda: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

RD 1:

Grimm
Kalim
Desomond
Swarm
Malcolm
Valtilda
Karnog

RD 1 Map


Evil GM

The morning star smashes down on the tiny critters for solid damage.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 to hit, 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 damage.

Karnog swings his hammer, looking to squash some rats as he can.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Thankful the time for him to pray had not come Grimm moves through his allies to I4, drawing his Warhammer as he moves and smashes down with BANE!
Using my last 2 Rds for the day.

Fort for moving through swarm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

2 hand Warhammer, Bane, PA: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 21
2 hand Bane damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 + (3, 4) + 6 = 25


Evil GM

Grim moves in quickly and smashes down mightily dispensing of the latest threat before it could do more harm.

The remainder of the night goes by uneventfully. After morning prayers, mediation, study the group is ready to continue. Where are you going next?


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Neeeveer mind, Grimm's got it."

I'd say up and left


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Kicking the fleeing rremnants of the Rats away, Grimm notices the smirk on Desmond's face at the blood covered, spiked armor wearing dwarf wearing a woman's diadem.
Don't even smile or ye'll be next, rogue. Bwahahaha.

At least Grimm also thought is was funny.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

I am ready to continue, lead the way Grimm. Des, did you not grab two of those Morningstars? Perhaps I can have one? Also, I could use some more healing, if that wand is still around?


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Sure there's plenty more lying over there."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm picks up a blunt weapon.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"You're daft if you're going to bed wounded. I cast next to no spells and can heal ya just fine before we rest."

Left is fine by me. Also: I conserve spells for healing, not to mention our second winds.


Evil GM

When you say up and and left are you referring to D,5 or D, 0? Alternatively, there is the tomb room you you fought the zombies in.

Can I get 3 perception checks from everyone, I'll use as needed.

There were 9 morning stars, so there should be one for you Malcolm.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Perceptions: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 141d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 191d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

All +2 for traps.


Evil GM

Someone needs to tell me which tunnel you are exploring.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Tomb room, and then north west from there.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Restored from his morning prayers, but still unable to remove the diadem, Grimm leads off.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Stealth Synergy: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 2 = 11
Stealth Synergy: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 2 = 11
Stealth Synergy: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 2 = 24

Let's get the drop on anything and kill swift and brutally. Desmond, same as yesterday, leapfrog to the front in lit areas and I'll detect magic behind ye

Greatsword in hand, the spiked warrior heads off.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

my Stealth rolls sucked, so I'll use Desmond's


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142
Grimm Sharpest wrote:
my Stealth rolls sucked, so I'll use Desmond's

Lol

Stealths: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 151d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 201d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

#Nope


Evil GM

Neither Desmond is not comfortable walking with his new morning star, while Grimm fidgets with his princess crown thus clanking around the tomb.

The group enters another coffin room that has several cracked wooden coffins, bones scattered about. There is spiral staircase heading upward. There is a northern hall that eventually bends to the northeast, and there is western spurt that abruptly ends at a smooth wall.

Current Map


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

To the left


Evil GM

It's a dead end, using one of your previous perception checks, it doesn't seem unusual to you.

Grimm laughs, "The stone's odd over there...it's door."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

I thought someone had a wand of cure light. I need some healing.My HP total is listed in my avatar, I thought those with healing abilities would have noticed that before resting.


Evil GM

Who ever has healing ability can do so before Malcolm, or whoever needs the healing, went to sleep.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Karnog, can you provide me with whatever channels you had left?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

3d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 6) = 12 channel

3d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 7, 7) + 5 = 24 CSW if needed


Evil GM

Kalim, and others, you would have been healed 12 Hp form Karnog's channel before he rested.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Also note: Karnog has no heal skill trained, so unless specifically told you are injured, I will not know how hurt you are. Status is a possibility later on, but is not feasible now.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:

3d6 channel

3d8+5 CSW if needed

I have the Wand and gave you two charges. With Karnog's healing you are at full hp. Grimm can use most divine wands if the spell is on his list, but he is no healer. Between a paladin and a cleric, oracle and a backup Wand user we should be fine.

Grimm eyeballs the door, Hold up, I'll check it from a distance, backs up 30 feet and casts SIFT to examine closely as if by feel and touch.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 5 = 25
Then detects Magic focusing on the door.
Ye wanna take a look, Desmond?


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Thanks all, let's move forward.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 +2 for traps.


Evil GM

Desmond and Grimm find a secret door (on-traps) at the end of the short western hallway, while the hall that runs northeast appears to end in some sort of burial room.

Latest Map with Secret Door

What are you going to do?


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Well secret door, of course!


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Agreed. Onward.....oh, and I am off to bed. Baldwin knows to bot me!


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"A secret door buried deep in an evil gods temple, surrounded by undead. Sounds like a good place for us to be!"


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

"These undead have been spoiling my mood... find me living minds upon which I may impose my will."


Evil GM

When the secret door is cracked open a greenish orange light seeps through the crack. This is followed by heavy smells of burning tallow and boiling fat mingled concoction. Without opening the door further you can hear a foul, fire and brimstone sermon in process.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond puts a single finger to his lips, telling the others to remain quiet. He then opens the door and peeks in, and if he can slips in to the nearest hiding spot.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm moves to back up the rogue, taking a cue from his steps.
Stealth Synergy: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 - 2 = 19
A 27 using Desmond's roll


Evil GM

Desmond slides through the opening and is behind a sinister looking idol. You can see two zombies on either side of the idol roughly 5 to 10 feet away. You've come in behind the gross statue. There is a grotesquely large cauldron bubbles with a foul steam in front of the idol.

It is obvious that you are behind an altar of some sort and there is a session occurring. Without some significant movement on your part you can't make out much else form this POV, and you realize the congregation will be looking towards you!

I'm going to be offline for a few hours. You guys can figure out what you are going to do and how to approach the situation.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Knock down the statue and assault them with surprise? Anyone got any illusions or other useful distraction abilities? Pyrotechnics? "


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

How about area of effect spells?


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

How about all of the above? And then me and another smashing buddy can go find their leader

3,451 to 3,500 of 16,204 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.