Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


3,651 to 3,700 of 16,204 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Evil GM

Karnog is able to focus on few unusual sets of prints...he sees large prints down the hallway near the iron doors and he also hears moaning coming from down the hallway.

There is a second set of medium sandaled footpints in some mud by the stairs heading up.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Evil GM

The footprints are too disheveled for Grimm's eye but he does hear muffled sounds coming from down the north hallway.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

I hear somethin to the north. Let's go. Remember, don't wait. The preacher dies.

Grimm gives Desmond a nod to move off and heads down with the rogue, Great sword in hand.


Evil GM

Des lead the way down the north hallway, karnog sees large prints in front of two iron doors, when the group approaches they can see that these are prison doors. Sliding the tray opening, there is an old man talking to himself in shredded clothes huddled in the far corner....screeching with the light.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Umm...hello there!"


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm, ever the cautious warrior, stands beside the door and DETECTS MAGIC. focusing on the cell and the mman inside.

Got a live one, Priest.


Evil GM

The man simply gibbers incoherently at Des. Meanwhile, Malcolm and the others peeks in two other cells where they find 3 farmers, who have obviously seen better days.

There is another cell to be looked at and then the hall bends to the east in a 90 degree fashion.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Des, you want to try and free these farmers?


Evil GM

"P..p...pl...ple...pleazzzz ddd...don't hurt us." one of the farmers whimpers.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"We are not in the business of hurting inocents. In fact, if you are injured, I can heal you of your wounds."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond looks at the babbling man for another moment, then turns his attention to the farmers. "Don't worry now, we're the good guys!"

Taking 10 on disable device for a 23


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"The abbot should be our priority. We will free these men ...and they are safe there, for now."


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Kalim has a point. We turn em loose with no escort, they be as good as dead. And if we leave them safe here and die ourselves clearing the place, they'll starve or worse. This place has been here a long time and would still be here tomorrow if we choose to get these people to the surface. Plus, nothing wrong with a night of whores and booze back in town. We found enough ta pay fer some fun.....or screw em. Gorum won't care if I leave em. But he heart says otherwise. For whatever reason, he answers me prayers long as I find plenty of battle.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Simply unlock the cages and have them stay put. That way, if we do not make it back, then at least they can try to make their way to the surface.


Evil GM

"N..n...noooooooo, ddddd...don't leave us...Gronk will bbbbb...bbbb...bbbbeat us and do things....please have m...mercy."


Evil GM

Desmond unlocks three of the four doors.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Who and what is Gronk? If he is a part of what's going on here I'll just kill him and no more problem.


Evil GM

The farmer's eyes widen, "Ja..Jai...Jailer." His arms go over his head and then wide in an attempt to explain Gronk's size.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Twice as large as a man? Boots the size of dinner plates?"

Karnog sketches out the large bootprints he had seen earlier.

He then offers the men water and channela to heal. 3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 6) = 10 6/7 channels teeemain, create water for 10gallons of clean fresh water.


Evil GM

The men eager drink the water, you can see form the cell that theri water source was moisture that gathers on the wall. Another one nods in agreement when Karnog describe the man. "Bigger."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Okay. Did he wear armor? Carry weapons? Did he possess any unusual features like wings or claws or such?"


Evil GM

"No claws or w...wi...wings," the whites of his eyes are massive at the suggestion that thing can be even more frightening. "Leather apron, chain shirt...he has a whip...ch..ch...chain, club."

Another one pipes in, "Two heads!"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Two heads, you say? And bigger than two men? Anyone know anything that matches such a description? "


Evil GM

Knowledge - local. Any dwarf can add +4 to this roll.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

No gots. Just religion here.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

I only got nature, dungeoneering, planes, religion

Whatever he is he sounds like a giant of some sort. And we know what we dwarves do to giants? Kneecap em! Eh, Karnog?

Obviously I cannot make the check, so Grimm is assuming a giant of some sort. His racial enemy


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Aye, Warrior. And then bash 'em while they're down!"


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Well, let's get moving, then. Lead the way, Grimm and Des.


Evil GM

The farmers huddle up close to Karnog's backside intent not to be left behind.

Which why to the north and around the bed or to the stairs. You also have one more cell door to check out. You've only looked at 3 od the 4 doors so far.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm starts to shuffle off but seeing the prisoners start to follow, pauses.

Don't follow us ya idiots, we're goin down, not up. Ain't nothing but blood and pain where we be going. Freedom's the other way. Tell em, Shiny Boots.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm rolls his eyes at Grimm, and he stops and turns to the trailing former prisoners.

Hold! You will be safest here in the cell area, or making your way to the surface. We cannot be responsible for your safety as we delve further below. There is nothing to fear above. We have cleared the area as we came down, and we will even get to your jailer, soon. Now leave off, and find your freedom.


The insane prisoner paces in his cell singing fragments of holiday songs.
-----------

When Des checks out the last of the 4 cells he finds a tall, tanned, attractive amazon-like female pacing the cell like a caged lion. The human's face left eye is blackened, her leather pants are bloodied and she wears a shirt that has seen a better day. Her hands are bound behind her back.

"By Erastil's graces, I'm gonna rip your heart out if try to touch me again," she announces when the door cracks open.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm steps forward in front of the open door.

My lady, we are here to liberate you, not cause you harm. As a servant of Abadar, I would never allow such an injustice.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


She is initially hesitant as she obviously thinks you are one of "them."

"Prove it!


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"As a priest of Torag. I would not touch you in an offensive manner no matter the situation."

Karnog casts create water again and provides it to the wounded girl.

"Are you injured?"


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Na, I'd charm you first." He grins as he finishes picking the lock. "Besides, why would I bother picking a lock if I was a jailer?"


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Ha! Were ye a working whore or sufficiently drunk ta fancy a dwarf, I'd be more'n happy ta give ye a tumble girlie. But I be workin right now so I'm keeping THAT broadsword sheathed till we hit the first tavern together later. Still, somebody not getting the message when ye reject his advances? I'll add him ta the list o people we gonna kill down here.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"This is a waste of time."


After being freed the amazon woman nods quickly, "Thanks...names Vilis."

She looks at each, measuring her rescuers, then she sees the farmers. "The jailer's an ettin...giant anomaly." She reaches into her boot and produces a dagger. "I was ambushed in the swamp by some bandits, my gear taken and I was 'sold' to these lunatics." She pauses a second then mentions, "If you can spare a weapon, I can be more useful."

Malcolm:
She is not evil.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Abadar has confirmed the goodness within you. I am Malcolm Cavendish, and your help would be welcomed by me.Unless, of course, you would rather escort these rather frightened farmers to the surface?


She thinks about the options presented, "I...I can guard these farmers but to lead them through temple by myself would be a death trap. Before I was brought down to cell, I saw at least twenty zombies, the chief priest, and a dozen lunatic acolytes. Did you kill all of them? That's just what I saw." She spins the dagger handle in her grip.


Evil GM

One of the farmers asks, "Did you?" Eager to here the answer to Vils' question.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"We slew many zombies, several acolytes, but the high priest escaped us for the moment. If you would like, take this morningstar and chain shirt. It offers some protection, at least."


She accepts the items and is eager to get out of the cell. "The heavy footsteps always originate from around that bend." She points towards the bend in the hall, "But the cries come from that direction." She points towards the temple room that you've cleared out. "Dreadful cries the last three nights."


Evil GM

MAP UPDATE


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Well hells, I LIKE this one. Real Purdy and doesn't give a cap I asked if she was a whore. Ye got any dwarf in ye, girl? Want some? HAW, haww!


"There's something to be said about short and stubby." she quips back. "figure there's a jailer that needs beheading...first."


Evil GM

Assuming you are going around the right turn you will eventually observe two thing, another cell door on the right, then there are stairs leading downward. The cell door is iron and it has a sliding plate that permits food and water to be passed through.

What are you going to do.

3,651 to 3,700 of 16,204 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.