Of Kings and Commoners - Kingmaker AP

Game Master RPGGGM

With the heart of the Stolen Lands explored and the bandits who ruled there scattered, the long-contested realm finally lies open for pioneers and settlers to stake their claims.:
Amid the rush of opportunistic travelers, the PCs find themselves stewards over a new domain, tasked with the responsibility of guiding and guarding a fledgling nation struggling to grow upon a treacherous borderland. Yet the threats to this new nation quickly prove themselves greater than mere bandits and wild beasts, as the monstrous natives of the hills and forests rampage forth to slaughter all who have trespassed upon their territory. Can the PCs hold the land they’ve fought so hard to explore and tame? Or will their legend be just one more lost to the fangs of the Stolen Lands?

The NEW Charter! | NEW Avalon (test) | NEW Party Loot (test) | The Trading Post | Regional Map Folio | Tactical Map Folio


10,451 to 10,500 of 12,474 << first < prev | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | next > last >>

Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Oh, no offense taken. I make it a point to never cast any mind-affecting spells on party members, with 2 exceptions: 1.: they are already under a mind-affecting spell by a hostile party, 2.: it was previously agreed between the players in discussion or PM. (e.g. recently in another game where I "suggested" to a stubborn dwarf to let me help him - he would likely(~8/10 chance) have died otherwise but I still got the players ok first).
So it's a very valid response from Durgan, I just figured I'll clarify that no shenanigans of that sort are involved.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"Ey, Zokon? Can this wait a minute?" Scarlet is up drinking ale when Zokon tries to make a special announcement. "No? Okay. Hey Alia, what's-"

Scarlet falls silent. Something is different. She takes a swig of her ale.

And then spits it right out.

"Wha... well Alia, if you want me to protect your betrothed as well, you gotta double my pay!" She laughs. Finally she turns to Jhod. "Well, may as well make this official."

---

Scarlet turns to Garess. "Remind the men of the fort that they have another chance at legitimacy. If they get any wild ideas, I'll skin them myself." She gets serious. "I'm quick to give a second chance, but I don't give thirds."


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

"Well, well. It appears there will be some celebrations in short order. Congratulations," she says. Flicking her wrist, she sprays a short burst of magical cold into the air, freezing little bits of water vapor in the air, almost like confetti.


Scarlet Scarab wrote:
Scarlet turns to Garess. "Remind the men of the fort that they have another chance at legitimacy. If they get any wild ideas, I'll skin them myself." She gets serious. "I'm quick to give a second chance, but I don't give thirds."

"I'll send Chick and Wilbur tomorrow."


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

"Hehe, Scarlet, I think Zokon is plenty capable of taking care of himself, but by all means, you've earned double the pay we agreed on already, so you may as well!"

As there are suggestions to make it official right now, Alia smiles:"For now, it is only a betrothal, a promise of a shared future. I will meet Zokons family, and I hope we can meet mine, in time. We are following what we feel is right, but we want to do things properly. Then, in time, have a proper ceremony, with all of you invited! But with what we achieved together, we wanted you, our friends, to know first, and while you are all with us, in case some of you decide to go their own way from here on out rather than going to Restov with us."
Well, not likely, but purely IC it would be possible that with the end of the arc, someone decides not to take the new charter and wanders off on their own-


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 T 13 FF 20 CMD 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 40' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Longstrider

"If this is what you both truly wish, I will support you.
I am willing to draft a pre-nuptual agreement if you wish. I assume you would want the standard clauses about doppelgangers, possession, being split into your Good and Evil selves, and other such conditions.
Does the betrothal end with death, or resume in the event of resurrection? What about Reincarnation into a form that is no longer acceptable? Standard term there is that either party can void the agreement after a Reincarnate with no penalty..."

Durgan rattles off a number of other conditions and clauses.

"And then with the potential for rulership and inheritance of titles, 'partner in all things' will have the necessary qualifiers to indicate this does not abrogate individual rights and privileges..."

He does serve the god of bureaucracy... this is just for flavor, but think of everything that might happen to a betrothed couple in fantasy fiction.


"Whoah, Alia's like 120 and Zokon's only about 20." says Chick a bit shocked. "Wilbur, you know what would happen if you were 120 and you married a girl of about 20?"


"I'd be rich." says Wilbur amiably.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

"'You'd be rich.' Well that's rich. I don't know why I hang out with you. You can't even answer a simple question. Listen, If you were 120 and this girl you were about to marry were 20, you would be six times as old as her. Six times! Now maybe you wait a little while because she's so young. Say you wait five years. Now you're 125 and she's 25. That makes you only five times as old as her, see?"

"She's catching up." says Wilbur in surprise.

"Right. So say you wait a little longer, say 75 years"

"75 years! I didn't have a lot of time left at 120." says Wilbur. Then he blushes, becomes coy, and says "I mean I at least want to live long enough for the honeymoon. A little longer, 75 years, he says."

"Will you just shut up, and let me finish the question. You wait 75 years." Chick says angrily.

"That's a lot of cold showers." interjects Wilbur.

"Never mind that." Chick continues. "Now you're 200 and she's 100. Now you're only twice as old as her. Here's the question: How long do you have to wait for you and the girl to be the same age? Take your time. Think hard. It's a simple question."

Wilbur's face slackens as the question sets in. After a long pause he says "The whole thing is ridiculous. If I keep waiting for the girl she's just going to pass me up. She'll end up older than I am. Then she'll have to wait for me."

"Why would she have to wait for you?" rejoins Chick.

"I was nice enough to wait for her." says Wilbur a bit testily.

"Oh, stop." says Chick.


Male Human (Mwangi) Cleric of Erastil 4

"Well, I'm glad to see that some things are settlin' down. Zokon seems like an decent responsible sort, and should make a good ruler. And Alia can finally put down her sword, and put adventuring behind her, and take up homemaking."


Male Human (Mwangi) Cleric of Erastil 4
Shepherd Jhod Kavken wrote:
"Well, I'm glad to see that some things are settlin' down. Zokon seems like an decent responsible sort...."

"The little that I know of him anyhow."

Zokon Santyev from Discussion wrote:

No Contracts!

Witnessing by a Priest of Abadar who has integrity is all that is required for the moment.

Shepherd Jhod claps his hands together and smiles broadly. "So who has the ring!?" Or other suitable betrothal token(s).


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:51/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon held up a ring as part of his spiel


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

And Alia held out her hand to allow Zokon to place it on her finger as part of her response.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:51/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon engages in the embrace finding it more comforting than he imagined.

He then bring his face before hers and engages in a short kiss while looking into Alia's eyes.

The uncertainty of just how far he should go is evident on his face to Alia, but he does seem very sincere.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 T 13 FF 20 CMD 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 40' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Longstrider

Durgan looks on.
"A promise has been made."


*vibrates happily*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Oh, Scar-Lets-Carab! Is it not romantic! Will they now begin knocking their boots together, and grabbing each other's beards like Angus said?"


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

dice:
12d100 ⇒ (67, 29, 22, 78, 3, 71, 46, 57, 30, 63, 19, 38) = 5231d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The sky is clear and sunny the first couple of days out on the open road.

"Perfect weather for marching" though mostly he keeps to his mount, his spear slung over one shoulder and strung with a green and white banner depicting a crossed single-edged sword and spear.

With nearly two dozen soldiers (most of them under Matheus, and the rest being the Magister's personal carriage footmen) trip to Restov seems destined to be uneventful.

The party members need not sit on guard through the night if don't want to as the soldiers can do that. Matheus himself sits on the first watch.

By the end of the fourth day word goes about the camp that Matheus and his men will be leaving the company the next day at the tiny hamlet of Nivatka's Crossing, and that the Magister and group will be journeying last leg of the journey to Restov (about a day's march) by themselves.

It is about this point that some of the party remember having their discussion with the erudite monster Pip the troll.


Male Gnome Bard/ 3rd AC: 15 (T 12, FF 14), HP 20/20 5NL, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 Enchantment | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +4
Zokon Santyev wrote:


Zokon engages in the embrace finding it more comforting than he imagined.

He then bring his face before hers and engages in a short kiss while looking into Alia's eyes.

The uncertainty of just how far he should go is evident on his face to Alia, but he does seem very sincere.

Posh sighs but smiles, happy for the two of them to have found each other. Chances were things wouldn't have worked out between the two of them and she wouldn't be in danger if the Barbarian King decided to kill him, but he hadn't heard nor seen anything about him so it could've been his paranoia speaking.

"Zokon, you better make her happy or I just might steal her off you." he joked, but did look to her blade, wondering about what he'd have to pay for retrieving it.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet jokes with the soldiers, recalling stories about her adventures and fighting various monsters, madmen and miscreants.

The night air does her some good as it gives her time to think.

I hope my brother's alright.
If Alia gets married, will I be a royal bodyguard?
The people of that fort are depending on me. I gotta show them the joy of helpin'.
Did Erevenywg figure out why she came to help us yet? This might take a while. She's ageless anyway, right?

On day four, Scarlet bids Matheus goodbye, thanking them for their help. She grunts as the Magister's soldiers give her a quiet look.

"Best to keep an eye out. We met a troll a few months ago. Not very violent and willing to parley. I don't know what he'll do now."


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

"Let's hope he continues to be in a talkative mood. I've no wish to fight any trolls." She wishes she had an acid spell she could prepare, just in case.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:51/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

In response to Posh "Aye, I hope I do, not only cos she's wicked good with that sword." he smiles a little but seems to be scanning the terrain... maybe looking or trolls?


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"Oh that's cute!" Illthir squees at the announcement and gets a scroll to start writing things down. She'd love to make a really sappy song about this she can whip out at the least opportune moment. Heh!

---

"Trolls? Yeah I'd rather not." Illthir stands up in her stirrups to see better. A troll couldn't be that good at hiding could it? Just to be sure she kept her eyes open for any suspicious bridges or large rocks.


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 45/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena moves along in relative silence, keeping a watch for trolls or other nasties.


Male Gnome Bard/ 3rd AC: 15 (T 12, FF 14), HP 20/20 5NL, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 Enchantment | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +4
Zokon Santyev wrote:


In response to Posh "Aye, I hope I do, not only cos she's wicked good with that sword." he smiles a little but seems to be scanning the terrain... maybe looking or trolls?

"I'll leave you to it. Have a good night everyone." he smiles, heading for his own tent, however, he is more than willing to fill in the watch order.


Male Undine (They're dwarves! You know they're dwarves! They just ain't rock-headed like some.) Magus
Scarlet Scarab wrote:

The night air does her some good as it gives her time to think.

I hope my brother's alright.

City walls overlooking Mivon.

I hope my sister's alright.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Scarlet Scarab wrote:

The night air does her some good as it gives her time to think.

If Alia gets married, will I be a royal bodyguard?

The Warden's job.


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

As the group settles down for the night, Alia looks over to Durgan and Zokon sitting near the fire.
We should review the watch shifts. I have much to learn yet.
Then she looks at Zokons tent, and her own, next to it.
In time, that will change too...but only after the ceremony.
She slips into her own tent, spending some more time with Vega before eventually falling asleep, knowing Scarlet would wake her for the third watch in a couple of hours.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 T 13 FF 20 CMD 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 40' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Longstrider

Durgan will take a watch shift.
Good to keep to the schedule, and maybe I can talk to Zokon a bit.

Durgan will keep the juicier gossip about Brevoy's nobility until they are no longer traveling with the Magister. For now, he'll discuss the investments, business ventures, and trade routes of the various Houses.

But first... "Zokon, tell me what you know of your family and their connections. Cousins, relations, marriages. I wonder if I know any."

Knowledge (Nobility): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Definitely putting a background skill point here next level. He's been out of the loop for a while but will be re-establishing his connections.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:51/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

"Yes well i'll tell you a few of the relevant points, I don't know that much and most of my information is out of date."

Zokon gives Durgan a run down of his father and brothers and their links to the main Medvyed line.

Kn Nobility: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Sovereign Court

Remember, you can always take 10 when you are not under any real stress.

Zokon Santyev wrote:
"Yes well i'll tell you a few of the relevant points, I don't know that much and most of my information is out of date."

"Lucky you." says Matheus with a wistful sigh. He keeps his voice low so as not to wake the sleepers.

He takes a seat near the fire and sets his spear down. He takes a long swig from his tankard and sighs again.

dice:
Alia's Perception: 1d20 + 8 - 10 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 10 = -1
Durgan's Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Illthir's Perception: 1d20 + 9 - 10 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 10 = 19
Posh's Perception: 1d20 + 4 - 10 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 10 = 13
Scarlet's Perception: 1d20 + 4 - 10 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 10 = 8
Serena's Perception: 1d20 + 6 - 10 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 10 = 10
Victoria's Perception: 1d20 + 3 - 10 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 10 = -3
Zokon's Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

The night is clear and nearly perfect. Durgan notes that even the the wind moving through the grass makes it sigh, like a bowstring coming to rest upon a violin. Just the sort of night to sleep out under the stars.

more dice:
Alia's Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Durgan's Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Illthir's Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Posh's Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Scarlet's Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Serena's Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Victoria's Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Zokon's Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Map updated

Feel free to place PC where you want. If you decided to take more tents with you that's fine just find a space for them on the map. This is the first watch so most folks should be a sleep. Since it is a nice night your character can if they like curl up under the sky in their bed rolls. For instance, Erevenywg is sleeping atop a boulder like Snoopy does his doghouse.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:51/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Seems good, ok sight lines etc.


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

Arris the fox has a +8 perception btw!


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Even more dice:
1d20 + 8 - 10 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 10 = 12

There's a sudden whoosh! and the campfire explodes into a cloud of ash-ridden smoke that billows outward. The light goes out and a moment later a strange shrill voice from somewhere near where the fire was calls out "FOOLISH MORTALS!"

A loud screeching noise like nails drawn over slate that follows.

Sight, even darkvision, is ineffective in or through the cloud. All within the cloud take -4 penalties to Strength and Dexterity (Fortitude DC 16 negates). The natural outdoor light is dim due to the starlight from above.

"HOW DARE YE POLLUTE THE NIGHT AIR WITH YOUR SUSURRUS! GO BACK THE WAY YOU CAME, OR THIS DEVIL WILL HAVE HIS DUE! MWAHAHA!"


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:51/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Zokoncovers his mouth by instinct and closes his eyes, he thinks of a path relative to where he is and move about 10 feet to the side to try leave the area of dust

"Awakw all, we are under some sort of attack, clouds of dust close your eyes."


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 T 13 FF 20 CMD 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 40' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Longstrider

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 +2 if this is a spell, which I think it is.

Durgan also tries to leave the smoke.
"Can anybody cast Gust of Wind?"


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"*Yawn!*" Illthir blinks in her tent. She could almost swear she had heard some demonic screeching. Must have been a dream. Right?

I assume us sleepers would wake up from that right?

Also no gust of wind sadly - not until level 5!


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet's dirtnap (seriously, she just made a mound of dirt and leaned against it) is interrupted.

"It's dark in here, huh?" She checks to see her longsword and shortsword are still sheathed. "Alright, come on out, whomever you are."


Male Gnome Bard/ 3rd AC: 15 (T 12, FF 14), HP 20/20 5NL, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 Enchantment | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +4

I thought Posh was in the watch order? Also I assume Posh is still asleep.


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Alia wakes, slowly, from shouted warnings and commotion outside her tent.
Finding her blade, she struggles to find the tent entrance in the darkness.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Durgan Far-Walker wrote:
+2 if this is a spell, which I think it is.

It is like a spell. ;) So yes, +2.

Illthir Winlowe wrote:
I assume us sleepers would wake up from that right?

Everyone is close enough to the shouting and choking smoke (Fort saves for everyone--and no one in the cloud can see) to be awakened though your character is probably prone (sitting down actually incurs the same penalties, but doesn't give you the +4 AC vs ranged attacks), and weaponless, and maybe armorless as well.

"HAHAHAHA!" There's another loud jarring screech! "ALL OF YOUR MISERABLE MORTAL SOULS BELONG TO ME NOW, UNLESS-!"


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Conditions Cloud - Sight, even darkvision, is ineffective in or through the cloud. All within the cloud take -4 penalties to Strength and Dexterity (Fortitude DC 16 negates).

Lighting- The natural outdoor light is dim due to the starlight from above.

Round 1! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Voice of DOOOOM! readied
__ Illthir
__ Posh
__ Alia
(grabs weapon [move], normally you have to crawl out of 1-person tents.)
__ Victoria
__ Scarlet
__ Matheus
__ Serena
__ Durgan
__ Zokon

Map updated


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

That was the intent. Make the move action to crawl if I can remember the entrance(I was asleep until just now, after all) while grabbing my Estoc(which is always with me!). Then stand up if I can or at least be armed and outside the tent if I cannot.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Alia struggles to see something, but is annoyed by the voice, shouting back grumpily:"Unless what? Spit it out already so we can go back to sleep!"
Yeah, I do have stand-by-duty every couple weeks(phone with me at all times). Getting woken by some incessant babbling from someone who needs you to fix the mess they caused with their ineptitude after a few hours of sleep invokes just that emotion. It felt like a great chance to bring personal experience into the character.


M Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP 46/46 | AC 21 T 13 FF 20 CMD 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip) | F +9 R +4 W +10 (+2 vs spells, SLA, poison) | Mv 40' | Init +1 | Perc +13 (Darkvision) | Channel 3d6 3/3 | Active: Longstrider

Durgan tries to judge the direction of the sound. Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

He casts Shield and moves away from the fire, waiting for the trickster to reply to Alia.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

"Dammit, I wanted to get some sleep." Scarlet rouses awake, grabs her weapons and stands up.


F Human Winter Witch-5 | HP 34/34 | AC15, T14, FF12 | F+3, R+6, W+4 | Init+3, Perception+3

Victoria isn't really sure she wants to come out, but she also doesn't want to be burned to death in her tent. She pushes her head out through the front flap, keeping her fox at bay.
Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
The smoke is dense and she can't see, but her face is sufficiently close to the ground to prevent any negative side effects. She brings a kerchief to her face as she tries to search for the others.
perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
can she see Scarlet from there?


Male Gnome Bard/ 3rd AC: 15 (T 12, FF 14), HP 20/20 5NL, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 Enchantment | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +4

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Posh hacks and coughs and tries to fight through the smoke.
"How? By farting on us all?" he calls out in an attempt to piss the voice off as he was struggling to find his way, getting up and drawing out his blade to fight whatever this was.

Does Posh recognise the voice at all?


Female Half-elf Paladin 3/Cleric of Sarenrae 2 || HP 45/45 (45/45 nonlethal) || AC 22/10 Tch/22 FF || F+12 R+5 W+14 || CMB +6 CMD 16/16 FF || Init +0 || Perception +6, low-light vision

Serena tries to find her blade and her shield but will have to forego armor for now (AC 13).


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

"*Cough!* Bleh. This is the worst dream ever ..." Illthir grunts as she drags herself and her weapon out of the tent. Blinking furiously in the smoke she tries to make sense of the situation and, more urgently, get away.

Sense Motive (Hunch?): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

Move to stand -> move to move /w draw weapon

10,451 to 10,500 of 12,474 << first < prev | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Stolen Lands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.