Motteditor's Ironfang Invasion PBP

Game Master motteditor

Combat map / Overall map / Treasure tracker / Survivors / Survivors (GM reference)


1,801 to 1,850 of 1,921 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 16 ( 12 T / 15 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

”Heh. I hope he’s still kicking and he tries to run. Imagine the look on his dumb horse face when I catch him. Heh heh.”

do you want any checks or the like for our approach, mott? I’d like to make sure the tower is clear first before we try to jailbreak our pals.


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 33/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 16* (T 12, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 0/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 0/6 | Channel: 0/5, Tanglevine: 7/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 1/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

I'm not trained in anything relevant. But if it's needed:

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Survival (to AID Dregg): 1d20 ⇒ 2

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

You're approaching the tower stealthily, I assume? If so, give me a Stealth check, please. You can give me a Perception check too, just in case.

Sorry, Arryn, I got caught up in the Dem debate; I'll post a response to your actions in the a.m. That said, you're not sure where exactly you are, or where Isabella is.


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 16 ( 12 T / 15 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

A couple punches give Arryn an idea that his talk wasn't much appreciated, but he doesn't get a chance to see how far he can push it as the blows continue to fall and soon he's not even aware of the darkness behind his blindfold, or anything else at all. I'm going to say he rendered you unconscious, so we can all be at the same point in time as we get back underway. You were reduced to 0 hp, so you can have 4 hp, plus your force ward at the start of the day.

--

Dregg creeps close and doesn't see anything in the tower. He also notices that they don't seem to have deal with any of the bodies they left in their last attempt to enter the camp, including a centaur's not far. He's just as happy to not see any sign of Isabella or Arryn's bodies, though he knows that doesn't necessarily mean they're still alive.

4d20 ⇒ (15, 3, 1, 4) = 23


HP: 48:48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

I kind of figured that might happen and help us to get back together.

Come morning, Arryn stirs, in a considerable amount of pain. If he doesn’t immediately hear a voice when he regains consciousness, he focuses until he can actually see the fibres of his blindfold and uses his powers to deftly slip the blindfold up enough to see under.


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 33/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 16* (T 12, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 0/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 0/6 | Channel: 0/5, Tanglevine: 7/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 1/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Sorry, a few prep things here.

Before they get too close Aramis attempts to activate a strange scroll...
Wisdom Check DC 5 (under CL): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Successfully casting false life on herself. Temp HP: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

She also uses her wand on both herself and Dregg. Wand of mage armour on both of them.

After Dregg finishes his scouting, Aramis motions for them to retreat for a bit.

Do we want to approach the tower first, again? Or do we want to try skirting around the camp from behind?

Also, once that's decided and when they're ready to move against the camp, Aramis will activate a scroll of protection from evil on Dregg, and cast shield on herself.


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 16 ( 12 T / 15 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Dregg recovers his bow if it's still among the fallen near the top of the stairs, then gets down on his belly and crawls to the edge to peer down into the encampment and try to identify where their remaining foes might be.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

4d20 ⇒ (9, 17, 4, 11) = 41

Unfortunately, if they're still in the canyon, Dregg can't see them. More fortunately, though, there's no sign that anything has seen him.


HP: 48:48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

Arryn continues to peer about, if he’s able, looking for signs of the enemy, and Isabella.


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 33/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 16* (T 12, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 0/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 0/6 | Channel: 0/5, Tanglevine: 7/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 1/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

When Dregg returns to her, Aramis casts the spells mentioned on him above.

@ Dregg: After that do we want to climb up the watchtower? Or circle around the backside? Or just stomp down the stairs brazenly, I suppose, but I don't like that plan. Haha.


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 16 ( 12 T / 15 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

I was trying to spot the wolves at least, but since there's no sign of anything I think we just slink down the stairs rather than stomp, or we can come in the same route we left by if we think they didn't replace the trap that blew up on you.

Dregg shakes his head and growls quietly, "I don't see anyone down there. No movement at all. We're gonna have to go in rather than thinning them again from up here."

Dregg looks back the way they came, shakes his head after a moment of thought, then turns to the stairs. "Stay behind me. You make sure to keep me between them and you." He brushes his hand over his axe, grins as the magics settle in, then begins heading down into the encampment.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Status:

HP: 35/39
AC: 18 (14 T / 17 FF) (includes +2 from pfe)
CMD: 17
F/R/W: +10/+6/+4 (includes +2 from pfe)
Rage rounds used: 0/8
Spell slots used
Level 1: 1/2
Bless (bead): 0/1
Cure serious wounds, remove blindness/deafness, or remove disease (bead): 0/1

-Ongoing Effects-
Rage: +2 to hit, +2 damage, +2 Will, -2 AC, +2 temp HP
Accurate stance: +1 to hit
Focus: +2 Str
protection from evil (1/10)
lead blades (1/20)


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 33/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 16* (T 12, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 0/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 0/6 | Channel: 0/5, Tanglevine: 7/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 1/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Trusting Dregg's assessment, Aramis nods. "Alright. Lead the way." She tries to be quiet as she slinks after Dregg, being sure to leave a fifteen foot gap between them in case of traps...

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 16 ( 12 T / 15 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Oh, Aramis, save the wand charge from mage armor, Dregg's sporting a chain shirt that grants the same amount of AC.


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 33/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 16* (T 12, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 0/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 0/6 | Channel: 0/5, Tanglevine: 7/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 1/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Noted.


Female Half-Elf Ranger 5; Init +5; Senses Low-light vision; Perception +12; AC 18 (+3 Dex., +4 armour, +1 shield); hp 44; Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +3

Still st -5, so ... still unconscious. ^^;

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Dregg begins leading the way down the stairs when a howl splits the other noises of the forest! A quick glance shows the wolf you previous fought hidden under the boughs of the tree, where you couldn't see it from above!

A moment later, you notice the goblin drop from the branches to land next to its companion, all four eyes fixated on your descent.

In the tent, Arryn, you can see a shadow move past you, but all else remains mostly dark. If Isabella is in here with you, you're not sure where she is or what condition she's in.

Initiative:

Aramis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Arryn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Dregg: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Isabella: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Antagonist: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Garrivek:

You wake with a start -- your body still a mass of bruises -- as you hear a howl split the silence of the tent you're bound in. The blindfold is over your eyes, but you're assuming you haven't been moved from where you've been kept the last few days since you were captured.

Party is up. Map is updated -- note that the areas marked with flames are no longer burning, but the tents that were there have been destroyed.

Also, Dregg, your bow isn't at the top of the stairs. Last you saw it was in the canyon.


HP: 48:48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

Is Arryn still tied up? If so, how? He won’t be able to use his power to untie knots if he can’t see them, but it’s up to you if Scarvinious would think of something like that. Also, I’m guessing from your description that he’s inside a tent with the door closed and thick enough walls so as to block light.

Arryn can’t risk being rendered unconscious again, so only if he’s certain it’s safe will he use his powers to completely remove the blindfold.


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 16 ( 12 T / 15 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Dregg pads down to the last stair and then wraps his hand around another bead hanging from a simple leather cord around his neck. He then looks up at the goblin and grins broadly, "Heh. Come and get some then, pipsqueak." The half-orc squares his broad shoulders, and shifts his feet slightly, finding his balance.

Move to bottom step, cast bless, activate limited focus (dex)

Status:

HP: 35/39
AC: 19 (15 T / 17 FF) (includes +2 from pfe and +1 from Dex)
CMD: 18
F/R/W: +10/+7/+4 (includes +2 from pfe and +1 from Dex)
Rage rounds used: 0/8
Spell slots used
Level 1: 1/2
Bless (bead): 1/1
Cure serious wounds, remove blindness/deafness, or remove disease (bead): 1/1

-Ongoing Effects-
Rage: +2 to hit, +2 damage, +2 Will, -2 AC, +2 temp HP
Accurate stance: +1 to hit
Focus: +2 Str
Limited Focus: +2 Dex
protection from evil (2/10)
lead blades (2/20)
bless (1/10)

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Arryn is bound with what feels like ropes and is blindfolded. And guess away on your location. :) You can give me a Perception check to try to tell if you're alone or not.


HP: 48:48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 33/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 16* (T 12, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 0/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 0/6 | Channel: 0/5, Tanglevine: 7/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 1/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Aramis hurries down to the landing and casts her hands out, chanting in a strange tongue, her skin shimmers with a greenish glow as the dark veins beneath her skin brighten and expand like spreading roots. A pair of green bolts of energy fly at the goblin.

Magic missile at the goblin.

Force Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (4) + 1 = 10


HP: 48:48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

Can Arryn hear any of this stuff from Dregg/Aramis?


| HP: 43/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +11*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 3/3, 1st: 3/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 2/2, Divination: 4/4, Evocation: 4/4, Generic: 8/10 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2)

GM:

Is Garrivek bound? Also, does he have on his compass, or his leather gloves? Does he feel his book by his side (it's filled with gibberish).

"Uhhh..." Garrivek groans. He mutters to himself, "No more howling..."

Coming to his senses a bit, Garrivek wiggles his hands to see if he's bound, and moves himself to sitting position. He works his jaw back and forth, checking to see if its broken. Content that its not he resists the urge to grin. "I'd appeciate a drink," he announces. "Preferably a Silverstout ale. From Kraggodan, if you've got it." With a smile he adds, "I'd kill for a taste of home."


HP: 48:48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

Or that? :)

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 1:

Arryn: 24
Garrivek: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Aramis: 17
Isabella: 15
Dregg: 7
Antagonist: 24

Arryn, you can't tell if you're still alone in the tent, and unfortunately you don't hear anything from outside or any dwarves that may or may not be in a tent with you. You can give me another Perception check this round. Garrivek, similarly, you get no response from anyone else who may or may not be in a tent with you.

Outside, the missiles hit the goblin, who grunts with the impact. He seems to stagger for a second -- or perhaps collect himself for the fight he's taking a standard action to do something, but there's not really any visible evidence of it -- before charging with the wolf toward Dregg. The canine seems eager for the fight and its teeth rip into the half-orc's flesh 5 hp.

Mechanics:

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Scar:
Goblin: 10, 0/10
Wolf:


Female Half-Elf Ranger 5; Init +5; Senses Low-light vision; Perception +12; AC 18 (+3 Dex., +4 armour, +1 shield); hp 44; Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +3

Do I snore, perhaps? ^^;


HP: 48:48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

Well, unless he’s been deafened or there’s magical silence, a 24 should have been enough to hear a smelly dwarf from 3 feet away asking for ales. :)

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Straining to listen, and hearing nothing, Arryn figures what the hell and uses his powers to prod at the tent walls (assuming that’s what they are), looking for an opening to let in some light.


| HP: 43/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +11*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 3/3, 1st: 3/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 2/2, Divination: 4/4, Evocation: 4/4, Generic: 8/10 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2)

Is Garrivek bound? Does he have his leather gloves on his hands still?

Being blindfolded, Garrivek listens to see what he can hear.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 33/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 16* (T 12, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 0/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 0/6 | Channel: 0/5, Tanglevine: 7/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 1/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Aramis sends a blast of magical energy at the both the goblin and the wolf, her green missiles veer and swerve around Dregg and slam directly into their targets.

Force Damage (goblin): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Force Damage (wolf): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 16 ( 12 T / 15 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Dregg chuckles. "Heh. Good dog." He then turns to look at the goblin and his smile broadens. "I'll take good care of him when you're gone. Heh heh." He then brings his axe around in a heavy arc, the after images rushing along behind in a furious blur.

Greataxe: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33for: 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (6, 4, 4) + 13 = 27
Crit?: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27for an additional: 6d6 + 26 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 5, 5, 5) + 26 = 45

Status:

HP: 30/39 Temp: 8/8
AC: 19 (15 T / 17 FF) (includes +2 from pfe and +1 from Dex)
CMD: 18
F/R/W: +10/+7/+4 (includes +2 from pfe and +1 from Dex)
Rage rounds used: 1/8
Spell slots used
Level 1: 1/2
Bless (bead): 1/1
Cure serious wounds, remove blindness/deafness, or remove disease (bead): 1/1

-Ongoing Effects-
Rage: +2 to hit, +2 damage, +2 Will, -2 AC, +2 temp HP
Accurate stance: +1 to hit
Power attack: -1 to hit, +3 damage
Focus: +2 Str
Limited Focus: +2 Dex
Protection from evil (3/10)
Lead blades (3/20)
Bless (2/10)

Well. I mean I'm happy for a huge crit, but boy would that have been nice on the big man instead!

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Arryn, indeed, were there a smelly dwarf 3 feet away asking about ales.

Round 2:

Arryn: 24
Garrivek: 20
Aramis: 17
Isabella: 15
Dregg: 7
Antagonist: 24

Arryn:

Arryn manages to rustle the tent walls a bit, allowing in some light. It's still hard to see anything with the blindfold on, but not as hard as it was a moment ago. He doesn't hear any reaction to his actions, so that bodes well in terms of being alone, though he still can't be certain. He thinks he might have heard what sounded like a cry from somewhere in the canyon, but it's hard to tell with the bindings covering his ears.

Garrivek:

Garrivek, who realizes he is bound with ropes and dressed only in his small clothes, can hear what sounds like some sort of struggle nearby, possibly to his north. He hears a rumbling voice that he can't quite make out, especially as it's drowned out in a horrid cry that suddenly cuts off.

Isabella :

Isabella hears and feels nothing but darkness.

Dregg and Aramis:

Outside the tents, Dregg's blade puts a swift end to the goblin, who dies in a horrible spray of blood as his head goes flying off. The wolf again sinks its teeth into Dregg 6 hp as you both notice Scarvinious emerge from a tent across the clearing.

Watching you fight, he calmly drinks a potion. Note, he's purposely not on the map at the moment to try to keep some of the fog of war going about where people are. :)

Mechanics:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Scar:
Wolf: 5


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 16 ( 12 T / 15 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Dregg frowns down at the wolf. "Knock it off." He then drops his axe and bats the hound away with the broad side of his weapon.
Greataxe (nonlethal): 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 13 - 4 = 20for: 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (4, 5, 6) + 13 = 28

Status:

HP: 30/39 Temp: 2/8
AC: 19 (15 T / 17 FF) (includes +2 from pfe and +1 from Dex)
CMD: 18
F/R/W: +10/+7/+4 (includes +2 from pfe and +1 from Dex)
Rage rounds used: 1/8
Spell slots used
Level 1: 1/2
Bless (bead): 1/1
Cure serious wounds, remove blindness/deafness, or remove disease (bead): 1/1

-Ongoing Effects-
Rage: +2 to hit, +2 damage, +2 Will, -2 AC, +2 temp HP
Accurate stance: +1 to hit
Power attack: -1 to hit, +3 damage
Focus: +2 Str
Limited Focus: +2 Dex
Protection from evil (4/10)
Lead blades (4/20)
Bless (3/10)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Elf Ranger 5; Init +5; Senses Low-light vision; Perception +12; AC 18 (+3 Dex., +4 armour, +1 shield); hp 44; Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +3

Isabella... snores?


HP: 48:48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

Arryn uses his powers to dispense with the blindfold completely and if he can, whatever is binding his ears.

He uses a move action to roll towards the opening in the tent.


HP: 48:48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

Apologies for nitpicking the descriptions.

Does the tent have a dirt floor, as in, is it just a wall of hides that’s stakes down to the ground, or is it all a complete piece with walls and floor?

Also, you said he has his clothing, but does that include his magic belt and boots? I’m assuming no, so he’s in sock feet with no belt to hold up his trousers, but on the off chance Scarface didn’t realize they were magical...


| HP: 43/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +11*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 3/3, 1st: 3/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 2/2, Divination: 4/4, Evocation: 4/4, Generic: 8/10 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2)

Garrivek tests his bonds, attempting to free himself, if he can.

Strength Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Does it feel like rope? And is the rope he's bound with tied to anything, or is he free within the area he's in?


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 33/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 16* (T 12, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 0/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 0/6 | Channel: 0/5, Tanglevine: 7/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 1/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Aramis watches with determination as the goblin falls, then the wolf. Seeing Scarvinious appear, she hurries down the steps behind Dregg and places a hand on his shoulder. "Be careful."

She chants a few words, her skin glows, and the green markings under her flesh continue to writhe and spread. Some of Dregg's wounds heal.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Sorry for the delay. Arryn, the floor is stone, though there is some dirt on it. The walls are staked down. You're in your underwear, so no trousers, belt or boots. Just presumably underpants and a tunic.

Round 3:

Arryn: 24
Garrivek: 20
Aramis: 17
Isabella: 15
Dregg: 7
Antagonist: 24

Arryn and Isabella:

Arryn manages to free himself of his blindfold, which was also covering his ears, in one tent. Near him is a bound and motionless Isabella, who he at first thinks is dead before he hears her take a painful-sounding, shallow breath. She's alive, but clearly only barely. Unfortunately, he's not able to move toward the tent entrance, as the rope binding his hands behind him appears to be connected to another stake in the ground.

Garrivek:

Garrivek, it feels like you have rope around your wrists, also staked out somewhere so you can't stand or easily move. You test the bonds, but you don't think you're going to be able to break them that easily.

Dregg and Aramis:

Outside the tents, Dregg puts down the wolf, which drops limply as he flings it aside with the broad side of his ax. A moment later, Aramis heals him, as Scarvinious smiles and pulls his twin blades.

"Well," you all hear the familiar voice of the camp's bugbear commander. "Let's get this over with. I won't send you running this time, but will add your carcass to my collection!"


HP: 48:48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Disable Device: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Arryn twists himself pretzel-style to get a good look at his bonds. Focusing on the ropes, he uses his mind to undo the knots.

I’m coming, Dregg! Just don’t die yet!

Is there anything else in this tent that might be useful?


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 16 ( 12 T / 15 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Dregg cracks his neck from side to side. "Heh. You don't have your pet rat or that acid tosser now, big shot. You got any other friends hiding in here?" The half-orc then takes a couple of steps to the nearby tent and hews into the back panel, cutting it open and exposing the contents to himself and Aramis.

Greataxe: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16for: 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 1, 6) + 13 = 25

Move down 2 squares, right 1, then cut open the tent

Status:

HP: 34/39 Temp: 2/8
AC: 19 (15 T / 17 FF) (includes +2 from pfe and +1 from Dex)
CMD: 18
F/R/W: +10/+7/+4 (includes +2 from pfe and +1 from Dex)
Rage rounds used: 1/8
Spell slots used
Level 1: 1/2
Bless (bead): 1/1
Cure serious wounds, remove blindness/deafness, or remove disease (bead): 1/1

-Ongoing Effects-
Rage: +2 to hit, +2 damage, +2 Will, -2 AC, +2 temp HP
Accurate stance: +1 to hit
Power attack: -1 to hit, +3 damage
Focus: +2 Str
Limited Focus: +2 Dex
Protection from evil (5/10)
Lead blades (5/20)
Bless (4/10)


| HP: 43/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +11*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 3/3, 1st: 3/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 2/2, Divination: 4/4, Evocation: 4/4, Generic: 8/10 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2)

Garrivek squirms around until his head is near the ground, then wiggles his head around, trying to pull the blindfold off with his face and the ground.

Dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 33/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 16* (T 12, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 0/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 0/6 | Channel: 0/5, Tanglevine: 7/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 1/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Can I see Scarvinious past the tree? Not sure how full it is at ground level. If so:

Aramis chants a few arcane words and casts her hands out at Scarvinious, sending a pair of magical bolts at his chest!

Force Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (4) + 1 = 7

If there's not clear line of sight, is there a place she can move to within a single move action that she would have good enough line of sight? If so, she moves there and fires a magic missile. If there's not, she instead walks up to the tent Dregg just cut open, and looks inside. If there's an ally inside she'll move all the way up to them.


HP: 48:48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

After (presumably) freeing himself, Arryn uses his move action to stand and a five foot step to the tent door (unless the tent is bigger than that).

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 4:

Arryn: 24
Garrivek: 20
Aramis: 17
Isabella: 15
Dregg: 7
Antagonist: 24

Arryn manages to get his knots untied, and stands up, looking around to see the tent has a few weapons in it, and some other sundry supplies, but little that looks to be of immediate use. Clearly it was a storage site and not sleeping quarters before he and his companion were put in it. Note, just a reminder that you're still badly hurt, so if you take a shot at Scarvinious while he's still close enough to get to you, you best not miss. :) The center of that tree will block a charge but the outskirts is canopy and will not.

He catches a glimpse of Dregg on the far side of the canyon opening up the other tent. While the half-orc may have been hoping to find his friends in there, instead he's greeted by the sight of a battered and bruised, nearly naked dwarf writhing around on the ground as he apparently tries futilely to free himself from his bonds.

Behind him, Aramis catches a glimpse of Scarvinious on the other side of the tree and blasts him with a magic missile, causing the big bugbear to grunt and start loping in her direction, keeping the tent between him and the half-elf for the moment, as he brandishes his two swords.

Mechanics:

Scarvinious: 7


HP: 48:48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

Arryn swallows his rage at seeing Scarvinious again. Instead, he grabs a weapon (sword if he can) and cuts Isabella free.


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 33/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 16* (T 12, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 0/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 0/6 | Channel: 0/5, Tanglevine: 7/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 1/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Aramis pulls out her dagger as she enters the tent that Dregg cut open. Noticing the dwarf, she starts to cut his bonds.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Arryn's able to find a sword, freeing Isabella, though the half-elf remains unconscious.

Aramis, meanwhile enters the tent and cuts Garrivek free.

Still waiting on Dregg and Garrivek (who can be free for his action for the round).


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 16 ( 12 T / 15 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Dregg shakes his head at the dwarf, answering his own question "Nope." He then strides around the tent and eyes Scarvinius up once more. "Looks like you're all out of lackeys, champ." calmly, he steps up to the larger bugbear and heaves his axe around in a heavy swing. "Heh. Let's dance then."

Greataxe: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22for: 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 3, 6) + 13 = 27

Walk around the tent, right up to Scarvinius and then swing!

Status:

HP: 34/39 Temp: 2/8
AC: 17 (13 T / 15 FF) (includes +2 from pfe, +1 from Dex, -2 rage)
CMD: 18
F/R/W: +10/+7/+6 (includes +2 from pfe, +1 from Dex, +2 rage)
Rage rounds used: 4/8
Spell slots used
Level 1: 1/2
Bless (bead): 1/1
Cure serious wounds, remove blindness/deafness, or remove disease (bead): 1/1

-Ongoing Effects-
Rage: +2 to hit, +2 damage, +2 Will, -2 AC, +2 temp HP
Accurate stance: +1 to hit
Power attack: -1 to hit, +3 damage
Focus: +2 Str
Limited Focus: +2 Dex
Protection from evil (6/10)
Lead blades (6/20)
Bless (5/10)


| HP: 43/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +11*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 3/3, 1st: 3/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 2/2, Divination: 4/4, Evocation: 4/4, Generic: 8/10 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2)

Garrivek shakes himself free of his ropes and pulls off his blindfold. Seeing a half-elf lady he looks surprised. "Oh. Hello. Thanks for that." he groans. "I'm not sure exactly how long I've been tied up. What hospitality! Didn't plan on such an extended stay."

As he's talking, Garrivek surveys the tent he's in, looking specifically for a bowl, gloves, statuette, book, compass, or any of his possessions. Failing that, he looks for a weapon.

Noticing multiple wands on the half-elf's hip she grins. "Might I borrow one of those wands? I've a bit of a knack for them. Doesn't matter which one." With a 'winning' smile -- full of yellowed teeth and bad breath -- he adds, "I promise to return it."

1,801 to 1,850 of 1,921 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Ironfang Invasion PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.