Motteditor's Ironfang Invasion PBP

Game Master motteditor

Combat map / Overall map / Treasure tracker / Survivors / Survivors (GM reference)


2,001 to 2,014 of 2,014 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The elf lets out a cry of pain as Arryn stretches his arm, and tears fill his eyes, but he sighs as Aramis heals him 1 channel will probably handle it, but depends on what you roll. "Thank you," he says, flexing his wrist to see it work.

He drinks deeply from the waterskin, more color coming into his face as he does. He looks around, as if unsure what to do next.

Unfortunately, the rangers don't seem to have any trinkets that would identify them that Arryn can find. If they did, the hobgoblins took them.


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 16 ( 12 T / 15 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Dregg shakes his head at Aramis' question of food, "I didn't bring anything along. Shouldn't be too much trouble to find some game though. Think you can hang on for a bit longer there, Treetop?" He then turns to Garrivek, "Hey, Beltbuckle, you any good at cooking? I see what I can find if the rest of you want to start pitching camp. Here's as good as anywhere."

Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Dregg returns a short while later, shaking his head ruefully as he produces just a couple of hares. "Meh. Enough here for two of you. Sorry it's not more. Nobody tell Feathers about this."


| HP: 43/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +11*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 3/3, 1st: 3/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 2/2, Divination: 4/4, Evocation: 2/4, Generic: 8/10 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2)

"Hey, there. I'm Garrivek. What's your name?"

When Aramis asks after food, Garrivek nods. "I've got some rations left. Hang on." He digs through his backpack and passes the elf some food. "Here you go."

Garrivek nods at Dregg. "Sure can! I spent some time as a cook. I know a thing or two. Let's see... What do we have here..?" Garrivek shuffles around, setting up camp and prepping a fire. When Garrivek arrives with the hares he preps them and cooks them over the fire.

Profession Cook: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

When its time for bed he whips off his cloak and lays it down with a flourish, turning it into a comfy tent large enough to hold four medium creatures. Casting restful cloak.

"There! Looking good. Some of you are welcome to join me. Plenty of room in here."


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 33/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 12 (T 12, FF 10) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 3/4, 1st: 5/6 | Channel: 5/5, Tanglevine: 7/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 1/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Rolling some channels for healing.

Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 3


HP: 48:48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

Arryn wrinkles his nose at the cloak tent and says, ”Feels like a warm night. I volunteer to stay outside.”

Quietly to Aramis, out of earshot, he adds, ”I thought you magi-cleaned him this morning! How on earth does he already smell this bad?”

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Sorry for the delay, all.

"Vardalel Prennder, though you can call me whatever you'd like, since I'd be called dead if you hadn't come by and saved me," the elf replies as Aramis' third channel seems to restore him back to full health yeah, those weren't good rolls :).

He gratefully tears into the food, mouth full as he tries to tell you a bit more about how he ended up in the tree, though most of the elaboration doesn't change the basic story he mentioned a bit earlier.

The night passes uneventfully as you settle in to camp, and you wake in the morning, a clear, crisp dawn taht seems to perhaps bode well.

Vardalel stretches, showing off a physique not often associated with elves, but one probably necessary for his line of work.

"Now what?" he asks.

3d100 ⇒ (34, 12, 98) = 144


HP: 48:48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

”We can take you with us, but we’re on a scouting mission to see how far the hobgoblins have moved on from Phaendar. We can’t guarantee your safety.”


| HP: 43/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +11*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 3/3, 1st: 3/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 2/2, Divination: 4/4, Evocation: 2/4, Generic: 8/10 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2)

Garrivek packs up his tent as it magically transforms back into a cloak, and clasps it on over his shoulders. She spends a while reading his book and studying his gloves and compass.

"So, where are you from?" Garrivek asks the elf. "Do you typically harvest lumber, or is that a temporary job?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"I'm Nirmathi, of course" Vardalel replies.

"And, yes, I've been working the trees for longer than you ... well, maybe not you, he says, looking first at Garrivek, and then the rest of the group, "but the rest of you have been alive."

He looks dubious at Arryn's words.

"I'm willing to risk a lot, but I want to stay as far away from anymore hobgoblins as I can."

He looks around, as if he's not quite sure what would be safest.


| HP: 43/43 | AC 20 (T12, FF 18) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+4 vs. bull rush and trip) | F:+5 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +2 | Perc +11*, SM +11*, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 3/3, 1st: 3/5 | Mental Focus: Conjuration: 2/2, Divination: 4/4, Evocation: 2/4, Generic: 8/10 | Active Conditions: Casting Focus (+1), Intense Focus (+2), Third Eye (+2)

"Nirmathis? Well, that narrows it down..."

Sense Motive (seems evasive?): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

"Yeah, avoiding hobgoblins is a good plan. But, probably easier said than done."


HP: 48:48; NL: 10; Force Ward: 10/10 AC: 18 (touch 14; FF 14; +1 vs goblinoids); CMD 15 | F/R/W: +8/+8/+2; Init: +4; Perc: +9;

”The other option is to part ways as friends, but that leaves you alone with hobgoblins between you and your home, wherever that is. We have no intention of engaging any hobgoblins in battle, unless forced to by fate or an opportunity of ultimate richness.”


male half-orc Scarred Wanderer 5
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 49 | AC 16 ( 12 T / 15 FF) | Fort +8 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | CMD 19 | Perception + 12 | Survival +11 | Handle Animal +9 | Climb, Know (dungeon, nature), Stealth +7

Dregg shrugs at the elf's indifference, "Listen, Treetop, groups are almost always stronger than not. You want to give yourself the best shot of getting out of these woods in one piece, find a strong group to fall in with. Doesn't have to be us, and you can do what you like, but Angel did already offer."


Female half-elf sorcerer 4 / oracle 1 | | HP: 33/33, Temp HP 0/0 | AC 12 (T 12, FF 10) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+9 (+2 vs. enchantments /poison/ sleep, immune to magical sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +2, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Oracle Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Sorcerer Spells: 2nd: 3/4, 1st: 5/6 | Channel: 5/5, Tanglevine: 7/7 | Imp. Iron Will: 1/1, Unbreakable Survivor: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Aramis bustles around in the morning, ensuring everyone has food and water, but noticeably not eating herself.

"As they said. You're welcome to come with us if you want. We can get you someplace safe after we finish scouting. And if not, we part as friends and I wish you the best of luck."

She offers the elf a handshake, though whether its in agreement or farewell is on the elf.


Female Half-Elf Ranger 5; Init +5; Senses Low-light vision; Perception +12; AC 18 (+3 Dex., +4 armour, +1 shield); hp 44; Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +3

"Come if you've the will. Don't if you've the will to leave by yerself," Isabella says, addressing the Elf for the first time. "Pick one."

While not outright malicious, her voice is also certainly not friendly.

Isy has bad history with purebred Elves. See backstory.

2,001 to 2,014 of 2,014 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Ironfang Invasion PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.