1 shot, Serenity Hollow (Inactive)

Game Master Chyrone


1,801 to 1,813 of 1,813 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Right on the 1st one, smooth job.

Arcane energies flow around the portal, as Jurgan, aided by Lord Kemnon and Belegar, focus their reserves at it.

The flickering dissipates steadily, and it becomes stable once again.
Not lingering about, the five men quickly head through it, (cue Stargate warp sequence), closing it from the other side by interrupting a few drawn runes on the floor of the library.

Hearts still beating quickly in your chest.....


Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

has Kemnon still got the body?


Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Body/form....may be merely KO...., yes he does. :3


Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

"Does she yet live? Is there anything we can do?"

Belegar comes to Kemnon's side.


Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Kemnon puts a finger on her neck to check for a pulse, after laying her down on a soft carpet in the library.

"She lives, yes. And the portal is closed.
That fiend has no leverage on me anymore now."

Kemnon sits down on a chair at the table, briefly in deep thought.
"I wonder. Hypothetically speaking, one would assume something could be done, but it would call for either a magical wish, or divine intervention."

"I've no genie to get the first, and i hardly think the temple of Erastil in town will feel helpful, of their own volition. Truth be told, i'd be mistrusting in their place, as well."

Kemnon looks at Thandir,

"You say you follow a god named Korada, yes?
An Empyrial lord, i recall? One of redemption."

"Gods are noted in history of aiding another. I don't suppose you could pray for her soul's deliverance, or try strike a deal with the church in town? Maybe your god and Erastil could see the value of a soul saved from forced corruption."

Thandir, roll a prayer check please. d20 and add your PC lvl.

"In any event," and he stands up, "I must thank you for this endeavor. As promised, i will set the townsfolk free."

He walks you through a secret passage to another room, where nearly a dozen and a half worth of townsfolk are in suspended animation, floating in cylinders made of arcane energy. A few minutes later, and a whole lot of confused villagers are guided to the front door, and all evacuate the premise.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Thandir's eyes went wide. Someone...was actually asking HIM about Korada? He hadn't ever come across that, and didn't really know how to respond. He watched as the man walked away. The half-orc stood in quiet contemplation for a moment, before he knelt down. And quietly prayed. With all of his heart and his soul, he prayed for the redemption of a lost a soul. For his lord to put it down the path towards salvation.


Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Kemnon watches everything from a window.
"If you wish, you can stay the night. There are some guest rooms the maids can prepare."

Elsewhere, at the plane of Nirvana...

A fervent prayer, made by a certain 1/2 orc, is heard by an enlightened being. The prayer's content is contemplated upon. Struggle, a strayed and tormented soul, the descend into the abyss, a fight against evil, yet the desire to redeem a soul, and guide another tied to it.

It is deemed worthy of taking action for.
=============================================
That night, Priestess Eileen receives a vision in her evening meditation.

In a backdrop light of a man with an antler headdress, someone carrying an unconscious female, accompanied by people...resembling the party?
The vision tells her she must aid these people.

The following day:

Lord Kemnon has provided a coach, a project of development upon phantom steed, taking everyone back to town. He kept his wife wrapped in a blanket, hiding as much of her demonic form as possible.

You draw quite a number of glances, a phantom coach is no normal thing to see. The coach stops before the church, and you all get out.

True to is anticipation of the arrival, Lord Kemnon saw a crowd gathered nearby, with expressions ranging from confused to angry.
He keeps a composure, however, of a man right where he's supposed to be.

The priestess and several of her clergy receive you all, and start a lengthly ritual, involving lots of praying and holy spells. It takes a good portion of the day, but you are called for (if not already present) when the final hour starts.

From a window in the upper regions of the church, a serene & soothing light starts shining upon Lady Kemnon.

Before you, the demonic form of Lady Kemnon starts glowing in holy light and, slowly but surely, she reverts to human form.
The only one more in awe of it than anyone else, is Kemnon himself.


Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

"Well, that turned out well, didn't it? I might have to work that into a song."

He turns to look at the door to the chapel, "Kemnon has some bridges to build with the people here."

The half-elf heads for the door, "We need to work out who owes us a beer."


Male Dwarf Wizard (Universalist) 6 | HP 36/36 | AC: 12 T:11 FF:11 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+6 (+4 vs Spells/Spell like Ability) | CMB+3 CMD 16 | Init. +2 | Perception: +2 Spells Per Day: 4/4/4/3 | Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7

"We need to work out who is going to pay us. Then I need the first carriage out of this town!"

With that Jurgan goes about settling his affairs with the town council and recounting every gold coin they owe him for saving their town.

GM I will now be taking my leave. Thank you for crazy ride down the rabbit hole! Belegar and Thandir great time playing with you!


Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

Lovely stuff, cheers!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

You're very welcome Jurgan. Thank you for playing. :)

The pay the group, and Jurgan in particular, was due to collect, was probably less than they expected.
Items and money were given prior to entering Kemnon's manor, but he himself offers you some magical items, which he had acquired over the years.
He assures you an auction house or antiques dealer would pay well for them.

Think of antiques worth a modest 1k in gold pieces, per piece.

Thandir may not have slain a beast worthy of a trophy, ironically, having gone the diplomatic route with Kemnon, skipped such an intended beast, but people commemorate the group after the whole situation has calmed down. Many a drink is offered to them during that day and night.

Surprisingly, Kemnon speaks in private to Thandir.
"Perhaps the gods work together more often than we think, yes?", and he reaches out an open hand to shake, leaving Thandir to guess what Kemnon's suggesting.

The town's crisis has been solved, and Lord Kemnon and the town come to a mutual understanding, where he helps the town in their recovery effort. Where each of the four men will go, only they know.

Coachman Caine leaves in the evening of the next day, taking any who want back to civilization.

Thank you all for playing. It's been fun to run.
If any of you want to find some cool 3PP monsters, check the free downloads. Some of them were unused, due to diplomatic approach by the team. :D (Granny drake, gingerbread golem)

References/easter eggs:

Woodland critters (obviously): South Park
Coach driver Kain
Alchemist Whescer: Resident evil's Albert Whesker.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)

Thank you for a wild ride and your flexibility as a GM! This was very enjoyable

Thandir, in turn, left soon after. For once his words had carried more strength than his arms. Something which had left him feeling both confused and, strangely, content. Just as Lord Kemnon had much to think about, so too did Thandir. Refusing the coach he went by foot, walking his own path in search of Korada. It was a calling he felt, deep inside of him. A path only partly physical, and one that he knew he had to walk alone.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

Belegar sits on the coach, staring out of the window, humming a tune.

"I've never known a little town have problems so big,
And I've never known a half-orc with so much love to give.
And if you think I'm lying then you're lying to yourself
'Cause we saved a girl from hell and restored her to good health
Oh, a week's a long time out on the road
And I am so glad to be home
Yes, boys, a week is a long time on the road..."

1,801 to 1,813 of 1,813 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Halloween 1 shot, welcome to Serenity Hollow All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.