1 shot, Serenity Hollow (Inactive)

Game Master Chyrone


1,301 to 1,350 of 1,813 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>

Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Tanglefoot becomes brittle in..: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4 rounds.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

I'm starting to think our samurai's wandered off to drink a lot of saké.

Uke moves just past Jurgan.

Jurgan


AC: 21 TAC: 11 FFAC: 20 ¦ HP: 18/44 ¦ Fort: 7 Ref: 3 Will: 3 (+2 Saves to Poison & Mind-Affecting) ¦ +6 Percep ¦ Init: +1 ¦ Move: 20' ¦ Belegar's +1 Guidance
Mary Dawnrose wrote:

I'm starting to think our samurai's wandered off to drink a lot of saké.

Uke moves just past Jurgan.

Sake's a heckuva drink, I tell ya; before you know it, over halfa month's gone by... ;p

Feeling somewhat sheepish after having to crawl and using his blade as a conveyance tool at that, Uke keeps his attention focused towards seeing if there are any more non-surrendered kobolds to vent his frustrations on instead of being communicative to his fellow party members.


AC: 21 TAC: 11 FFAC: 20 ¦ HP: 18/44 ¦ Fort: 7 Ref: 3 Will: 3 (+2 Saves to Poison & Mind-Affecting) ¦ +6 Percep ¦ Init: +1 ¦ Move: 20' ¦ Belegar's +1 Guidance
Uke the Nagaji Samurai wrote:


Feeling somewhat sheepish after having to crawl and using his blade as a conveyance tool at that, Uke keeps his attention focused towards seeing if there are any more non-surrendered kobolds to vent his frustrations on instead of being communicative to his fellow party members.

For round 5, if there aren't any forthcoming enemies, Uke will take out his any-tool and change it into a saw to help free Thrandir.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Ok. Make a str check dc 15, or your tool is stuck as well.
Your action will give a +2 bonus to Thandir's next check to try to escape.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Wizard (Universalist) 6 | HP 36/36 | AC: 12 T:11 FF:11 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+6 (+4 vs Spells/Spell like Ability) | CMB+3 CMD 16 | Init. +2 | Perception: +2 Spells Per Day: 4/4/4/3 | Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7

Jurgan reluctantly follows after Vannu.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

The esteemed scholar follows Vaunu's example, heading down the southern tunnel.
========================

Meanwhile, the new round.....

Blue shoots at Thandir.
Arrow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Sting: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Despite Thandir being thoroughly stuck, the arrow botches, falling down to the ground.
-------------------

Vaunu, Uke, Thandir, Belegar
--------------
Jurgan


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)

Str: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

The arrow coming towards him made something inside the half-orc snap. Or maybe it was just the ladder. Either way he ripped himself free and continued his climb up. Towering over the Kobold he didn’t even say anything. He just glared with, what could be charitably called, crazy eyes. His fingers curled threateningly.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Waiting at the mouth of the tunnel, Vaunu looks over his shoulder as Jurgan approaches, he asks, "Are they still playing with that Kobold?"

still sickened Readied attack, if the kobold attacks him he will defend himself Attack + 1 mitheral short sword
attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 - 2 = 10 for damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 6


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Thandir's body pushes the little kobold back, as he gets up the ladder.
In its anxiety....it drops the bow to the floor, unable to make a single move anymore.

Vaunu sees Jurgan some 40ft behind him, and the kobold half hidden behind a rock as he speaks to his chief, who must be behind the corner.

What will you do with the kobolds? Effectively, combat is over, unless you decide otherwise.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)

Thrandir reached down, picked up the Kobold, and in common roared in it’s face ”I LOVE YOU! SIN NO MORE LEST I RIP OFF YOUR HEAD AND SH*T IN THE STUMP. KORADA LOVES YOU TOO!” He shook the Kobold for emphasis.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

The kobold, held by the collar of his outfit, is shaken like a child's toy. His legs flail around as he gets shaken severely.

@_@

Several gold coins fall from his pockets.
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


4 people marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)

Realizing that he wasn’t getting anywhere with this, and that he needed more time to proselytize, Thandir tied up the Kobold. Specifically he tied the Kobold to his chest, so that the party could continue while he spoke to Korada’s most recent convert.

The half-orc, covered in some kind of sticky substance and splinters of wood, and with a terrified Kobold tied to his chest, walked up to the party.

”...and if you give up your evil ways now, I won’t break all of your fingers and eat your toes! The path to righteousness is illuminated by...”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

The kobold doesn't understand a thing of what Thandir is saying, but knows well that misbehaving may have dire consequences.

The other kobold does not know whether to be amused or scared, at the sight of the situation.


AC: 21 TAC: 11 FFAC: 20 ¦ HP: 18/44 ¦ Fort: 7 Ref: 3 Will: 3 (+2 Saves to Poison & Mind-Affecting) ¦ +6 Percep ¦ Init: +1 ¦ Move: 20' ¦ Belegar's +1 Guidance
Mary Dawnrose wrote:

Ok. Make a str check dc 15, or your tool is stuck as well.

Your action will give a +2 bonus to Thandir's next check to try to escape.

str check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23.

Making sure that the any-tool doesn't get stuck, Uke manages to help weaken that ladder just enough for Thrandir to finish the battle.

Once the battle is done, Uke places the any-tool back to his pack and waits to see what everyone will do.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Standing at the mouth of the tunnel Vaunu calls to the others, "If you fellows are done playing with the ladder I found the tunnel where the chief ran off to. Shall we go ask him our questions so we can get out of this gods forsaken hole?"

Once the others join him and Jurgan, Vaunu will follow into the tunnel, keeping a keen eye out for traps and such.

he will take 10(22) on perception


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

”Questions... I had almost forgotten why we fought, except to live.”

Belegar shakes his head as of to clear out the cobwebs and heads after Vaunu.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)

Thandir took the kobold’s silence for understanding. He took the Kobold in his hands, lifted it up and looked it straight in the eye.

”There is no joy greater than turning an evil-doer onto the righteous path. Go! Go now and spread the word! Know that YOU ARE LOVED! Do not do anything that will force me to floss your corpse with your own arm.” With that he tossed the kobold away.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

I take it said spoken to kobold was the one who surrendered prior to your newly acquired chest decoration.

Speaking of which, surely i am not the only one who thinks of -this- as Thandir's current situation. ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)

That is exactly as I imagined it. Well, with a bit less screaming and crying


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

The little kobold is thrown a few feet away, landing on its scaly rear.

Further up ahead, at the end of the tunnel...
==============================

Moss grows on a large part before you, leading up to an elevation in terrain.

Indicated by light grey 'stone'. Rough stone, 15ft high.

Vaunu and Jurgan see the kobold standing up ahead.

Draconic:

"Chief. It is dire. There's just us, your chiefness and family left."

Older voice:
"Ugh....too good to be true. But perhaps the great one can make the difference."

Kobold:
"Will the great one help? He is vain."

Older voice:
"I will make preparations, hopefully the invaders will be occupied long enough. This sanctuary belongs to the kobolds."

Those who don't speak draconic, hear just gibberish.
Some stuff is going on up there.

What's the plan?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hearing the conversation, Vaunu bows his head, pinching his nose between thumb and forefinger, he calls out in Draconic.

Draconic:
"Oh for pity sake, can we just talk to someone so we can leave? This is a huge misunderstanding! We came to ask if you know anything about what's attacking the humans and the dwarf got his underwear in a bunch and started yelling and threatening your guards. So they shot at us and we wound up here. Just let us speak to the chief and we will leave, we don't want your stupid sanctuary!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

There is silence up above, save for a faint sound of fire burning, and the kobold moves out of view.

Old voice draconic:

"Come forth, so i may see the faces of the ones who've slain my tribe."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

'Crap, I don't remember which of these longshanks speak draconic.' Looking toward the others, "I told him all we want is to talk, he responded with "Come forward, so me to see the faces of those who slay mine tribe." or something like that."

He looks from Thandir to Jurgan, "Are we actually going to talk to him or are you all planning on bushwhacking now as well?"

He shrugs, "I just want to know which way it's going down this time."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)

Tell him that I love him! That he should embrace Korada and be friends with all, and that if he doesn’t I will rip out his spine and do a little dance with it.”


1 person marked this as a favorite.

'Using a 'kobold' meat-shield isn't helping any.' Glaring at the 'loving' half-orc Vaunu shakes his head as he releases a heavy sigh, "Maybe he speaks common and you can tell him yourself."

Giving up on any sort of a plan, Vaunu sheaths his swords and marches up to where the speaker beckoned them.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

Belegar follows his blue friend.

”We did not come here to kill. Always the little dragons sought conflict over peace. Hopefully this one is wiser.”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)

Deciding that he knew good advice when he heard it, Thandir indeed began proselytizing in common. Loudly and passionately, for he was here to do good in the name of peace and love.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

GM roll:

1d4 ⇒ 4

Moving just up the slope, you see a kobold of probably middle to late age, going by the less bright color of his scales, sitting on a throne.

He leans on a staff as he stands up to look over at you. Beyond him, a few female kobolds disappear from the light, wary of the danger the group poses.

Draconic:

"Speak up, and perhaps this is over before the great one is here to exact retribution for the murder spree you have left in your wake."

"Oh, and untie my tribesman, which you so tightly have strapped to your chest."

His disposition is unfriendly, and you get a -5 penalty on diplomacy checks for killing his tribe.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

Better go with intimidate then!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Who knows. ;)
Diplomacy DC on the kobold is not outside the team's range, fyi.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I was hoping Uke would speak to him for us...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)

Thandir already released his newest convert


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

I don't recall that?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)
Mary Dawnrose wrote:

The little kobold is thrown a few feet away, landing on its scaly rear.

Further up ahead, at the end of the tunnel...
==============================

Moss grows on a large part before you, leading up to an elevation in terrain.

Indicated by light grey 'stone'. Rough stone, 15ft high.

Vaunu and Jurgan see the kobold standing up ahead.

** spoiler omitted **

Those who don't speak draconic, hear just gibberish.
Some stuff is going on up there.

What's the plan?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Wizard (Universalist) 6 | HP 36/36 | AC: 12 T:11 FF:11 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+6 (+4 vs Spells/Spell like Ability) | CMB+3 CMD 16 | Init. +2 | Perception: +2 Spells Per Day: 4/4/4/3 | Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7

Jurgan looks at the wayang. "I was going to speak to them. The miscreants fired on us first. Go ahead I will stay back while you delegate with the king if you fall into the need to be saved by me again just scream in pain so I can assess your situation."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.
Thandir's last post wrote:
Stuff

Ah, i was under the impression that the kobold that was thrown, was the one who had surrendered, since i hadn't seen you unstrapping the other from your chest.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Glaring at Jurgan, "Yes, I remember, they fired a warning shot and you said, lets see what was it? Ah right, "we should roast them" then attempting to intimidate them demanded "Bring us you Chief." It didn't go the way you thought it would."

Vaunu gestures towards the direction of the voice. "We'll it seems we've found the chief. But I believe I will let Uke speak to him first."

Vaunu then turns looking expectantly at Nagaji waiting for the Samurai to open the discussion with the older kobold.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Anyone can bot Uke's diplomacy by now. I'll do otherwise tomorrow morning. G'nite.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Seriously? Uke, you owe me for this, big time. :3

Uke chooses his words very cautiously and, while not becoming friendly, the kobold chief becomes kind of a cautious/open to conversation.

Questions for him?
Due to something delayed, a question from each, before said delayed happens.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)

”Friend dwarf, why are we here again?” Thandir was more than happy to forcefully convert heathen souls, but he couldn’t quite remember what the point of being here was. First the kobolds attacked them, then they broke his axe, and...his axe!

”Uke! Ask them to fix my axe. Their dumb wall broke it.”

Thandir was quite pleased with himself.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Moidemoiselle storyteller apparently wasn't fully awake when posting, she forgot the penalty for killing the tribe.
So the above applies with 2 successful aid diplomacy.

Polite bowing Belegar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Jurgan: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Thandir just waits...
Vaunu: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

Ask away.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Looking from his companions to the kobold Vaunu begins "We were asked by the humans to investigate disappearances, then we fought an undead thing that appeared to be the reanimated corpse of half a woman. Do you know anything about any undead and have your people had similar attacks?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

From draconic:

"We have not encountered any restless dead, no.
While coming to this sacred cavern, we've encountered but a duo of pale sharp fanged ones. A female, and one that could, i think, could be either gender?
Plus a lone human in fancy attire in a red mantle. He sought us out, curiously. He gave us the power roots."


AC: 21 TAC: 11 FFAC: 20 ¦ HP: 18/44 ¦ Fort: 7 Ref: 3 Will: 3 (+2 Saves to Poison & Mind-Affecting) ¦ +6 Percep ¦ Init: +1 ¦ Move: 20' ¦ Belegar's +1 Guidance

Silently thanking the Kamis that govern the dice of fate in his thoughts, Uke follows Thrandir's prompt and proceeds to ask if there could be something to repair the Half-Orcs axe in Draconic.

"Is there something that can return his axe to the way it was before the pillar made it smaller?"

Mary Dawnrose wrote:

From draconic:

"We have not encountered any restless dead, no.
While coming to this sacred cavern, we've encountered but a duo of pale sharp fanged ones. A female, and one that could, i think, could be either gender?
Plus a lone human in fancy attire in a red mantle. He sought us out, curiously. He gave us the power roots."

Thinking a bit upon the revelation that a human gave the roots to the kobolds, Uke helpfully adds in, "Those power roots makes one into a restless dead from what we saw of it.", a moment or two later in Draconic.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

"His axe, restored?", the chieftain chuckles, "No such way, to my knowledge. This place is old, and the ruined temple to the great ones is still a mystery to us."

His eyes narrow, as he leans slightly forward.
"Turn my tribe into restless dead, you say?"

The scared kobold who fled to here earlier confirms this, whispering to his chief, at which the chief scratches his scaled chin in contemplation.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)

Thandir sadly patted Uke on the back, as a way of thanks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

Belegar hops from foot to foot.

Vaunu's got this. The chief doesn't look like he's going to fight. I wonder what they're saying?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

The chief looks Uke in the eyes.

"So, my tribe's been wronged twice in such a short time span.
The people i met, all of them kept out of direct sunlight."

"That is all i can tell about them."
"It would make me happy, if you folk left now. I have a lot of work to do after today's events."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

Vaunu, maybe get an evil root to show the herbalist?

1,301 to 1,350 of 1,813 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Halloween 1 shot, welcome to Serenity Hollow All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.