1 shot, Serenity Hollow (Inactive)

Game Master Chyrone


1,351 to 1,400 of 1,813 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

AC: 21 TAC: 11 FFAC: 20 ¦ HP: 18/44 ¦ Fort: 7 Ref: 3 Will: 3 (+2 Saves to Poison & Mind-Affecting) ¦ +6 Percep ¦ Init: +1 ¦ Move: 20' ¦ Belegar's +1 Guidance

Uke, being somewhat uncomfortable at the thought of having to think really that hard in any official capacity within the party, looks to both Vaunu and Jurgan and asks them in a lowered whisper, "Should we give them their root back?".


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Wizard (Universalist) 6 | HP 36/36 | AC: 12 T:11 FF:11 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+6 (+4 vs Spells/Spell like Ability) | CMB+3 CMD 16 | Init. +2 | Perception: +2 Spells Per Day: 4/4/4/3 | Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7

Jurgan shrugs, "Might as well." he eyes the wayang and then prods Uke forward with his warhammer


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Uke, prodded forward by Jurgan, approaches the kobold chieftain, with an open palm with the root held in it.

The chief leans forward on his staff.
"We do not need it. I still have a few that need disposing of."
He motions to the other kobold, who picks up a small box, and tosses it into one of the fires.

A foul odor, a mix between sulfur and the sweet of rot, comes from the resulting smoke. It is almost enough to make one start gagging.

You can contribute, but i think someone mentioned Serenity Hollow's alchemist, as well?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

Belegar waves the smoke away from his face, "Hold on to that last one. The alchemist should take a look. Maybe she knows where it grows, or how it acts?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Before they leave Vaunu asks the kobold leader "This one dressed in red, do you know where we can find them?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

The chief shakes his head.

"Not specifically. He did ask if we could stay clear of the western forest."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Shaking his head, as he turns to leave, "What a huge waste of time, I hope the alchemist can resolve something useful from the root we kept. So shall we head to the western forest?"

'Mary' forgive my lack of memory, have we been towards the western forest yet?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Not yet.

From some time ago wrote:

Kobolds (Northern farmstead outskirts)

Witch (Eastern Woods, visited)
Wolves (Northern Woods)
Estate lost in time (Western Woods)

You've now investigated 2 sightings, and fended off the flying kidnapper...for now. ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Wizard (Universalist) 6 | HP 36/36 | AC: 12 T:11 FF:11 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+6 (+4 vs Spells/Spell like Ability) | CMB+3 CMD 16 | Init. +2 | Perception: +2 Spells Per Day: 4/4/4/3 | Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7

Jurgan nods


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

And with strained diplomatic relations concluded, the team leaves the kobold caves.

GM roll:

Encounter?: 1d100 ⇒ 50 Yes.
1d4 ⇒ 4

Outside, the light seems to start going down, as the sun covers itself behind vast tree canopies.

Shortly after leaving the caves, you come upon a familiar (to all but Thandir & Uke) duo of pale, fanged individuals.

Androgynous looking one & woman.

They neutrally look upon the party, them now having switched members.
The androgynous one holds up his palm in a short greeting to Vaunu, acknowledging Belegar and Jurgan's presence, though not sparing a 2nd glance.

A neutral, yet inquisitive look pierces Thandir and Uke.

Thandir & Uke,
If you wish to talk to them, roll a Charisma check DC 18.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)

Cha Check: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

”Friends! Have you found Korada? Let me embrace you and tell you of his glory!” He smiled a big, toothy grin.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Nodding politely to the duo, Vaunu steps back giving them plenty of space. Rolling his eyes at Thandir, Vaunu steps back further, and warns the zealous cleric, "I don't think that's the kind of glory or embrace that these two are interested in." He looks to Belegar, "They had a brief discussion with the lovely Alluriel. Somehow I lucked into being invited to join them. For what it's worth they did not threaten us. They did however offer Alluriel, how shall I put it? An alternate lifestyle, or maybe it was an 'not-life' style."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

For convenient reminder to those having met them before.
Androgynous: Llamryl
Woman: Gwendydd

Llamryl scoffs at Thandir's few paces, with arms stretched out wide towards them.
"Keep your distance, half-orc.", he says with a look that sort of spells [You dare approach me like that?]

Gwendydd steps a few paces ahead of Llamryl, arms crossed.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

Belegar places a hand on Thandir’s shoulder, ”It’s not time to prosletyse, my friend. Let Vaunu speak with Alluriel’s pals.”

As a Welshman, I am amused by those faux-Welsh names. Bonus points if you can pronounce them both correctly!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Tbh, i can only derive Gwynndydd's name from a real name, based upon her relationship to Llamryl. Whose name's base of creation i don't recall. ^^
Personally, i am only somewhat familiar with pronouncing the Spanish 'LL'.

Edit:
I said 'he', but it's to have been 'Llamryl', since the character could be either gender. ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)

Thandir looked sad. ”Fine. But it is their loss.”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Llamryl dismisses it.

"No loss at all."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)

Thandir’s eyes narrowed dangerously. ”Yeah! Big loss! And yours!” He pointed a gauntleted finger angrily at the stranger.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

"How unrefined...and rude.", Llamryl sniffs, faintly twirling a finger.

This one's a peculiar sort, as i've told the others before.

A clump of heavy soil flies from the ground and onto Thandir's finger, forcefully lowering his unprepared pointing finger.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)

”Apology accepted!” Thandir said, completely misunderstanding the conversation. He couldnt imagine a civilized and non-evil person ignoring an offer of love and friendship so rudely. Most people just smiled with wide eyes while backing away slowly. Proof that his message had gotten through. Believing the talk over he turned to Belegar. ”They’re not as bad as I thought! Go talk to your friends. I’ll go offer my thanks to Korada while you talk.” His mood brightened considerably.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

Belegar hates awkward silences, ”Hello,” he addresses the couple. ”We have just been assaulted by kobolds, which is no fun at all, and are heading home for a bath.”

He casts around for conversation, ”How has your day been?”


1 person marked this as a favorite.

’This is unbelievable.’ Rolling his eyes as he moves even further from the half-orc he watches carefully as his new comrades interact with the two travelers. ’Well, at least Thandir is still alive.’ Nodding his head in agreement Belegar, gesturing politely ” Llamryl, Gwendydd, I trust your search is going well. Belegar speaks true, we have met the same kobolds as yourself. They mentioned to us that they have also met a lone human in fancy attire in a red mantle. The man sought them out giving them what their chief called ‘the power roots.’ Do you percance know anything of this ‘human in red?”

He gestures back towards the village. ”But the kobolds were only an interruption. I believe we encountered the terror attacking the town that we asked you about. We encountered A pale woman with large bat wings, sharp claws and missing everything below the torso, she was holding a watchman by the shoulders. I believe the soldier was going to be her next victim. As I said where her lower body would be, was the sight of her entrails, as if she were cut in half. Is there anything you can tell us about such a creature?”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

"Well, good to see my dear friend is not your suspect, as she qualifies for some of those traits."

Llamryl ponders your description of the menace, and does seem to remember something. Gwendydd whispers something in his ear as well.

"Interesting. I do recall reading a book one time, containing folklore.
The female thing you describe, is called a Manananggal, a formidable undead creature."

"I don't recall all details, but they seem to share similarities to vampires, in their weaknesses to silver weapons or holy weapons."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Giving a small bow, Vaunu thanks the pair of travelers. "Thank you for the information. Have you had any luck in your search? One good turn deserves another, Is there anyway we can be of assistance to you?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

"My search hasn't born much fruit. We came upon this large area with effigees and a face formed in the branches of the trees."

"Well, if you find any documents on vampiric lineages, i'd be very grateful. Especially if it concerns those still in existence.
May your own search be result bearing, wayang."

Llamryl and Gwendydd take their leave after that.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Later on, you exit the forest edge, arriving back on the outskirts of the farmsteads.

It nearing the later afternoon, the farmers bring their goods into their barns and people heading back to their homes.

You've still some time before any shops close. Anything you wish to do, or will it be a trip over to alchemist Whescer?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)

Can Thandir get his axe repaired?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Sorry to say, no. The smith is unfamiliar with the crafting of orcs' butchering axes. Any other common weapon, save exotics, are no problem.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Assuming you go to alchemist Whescer now.

You push open the door to the alchemist shop, where the shades wearing blonde alchemist stands brewing a potion at his chemistry bench.

"Hmm, who's there?", and he looks up.

"Ah, our investigators. Is there anything you need help with?"
When he is handed the strange root, he sniffs at it, and frowns.

"Hmm, quite a rotten sulpherous smell. I'll need some time for a proper analysis. Come back in the morning, and i will have some results."

"Where did you obtain this, by the way?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

”It doesn’t matter. The kobolds were given it by an outsider.”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

For Thandir and Uke, the alchemist is one of several people in charge of general affairs in the town. Alongside an aged retired-monk-turned teacher, the head priestess and guard captain, and a ranger.

The alchemist, for Thandir & Uke

He keeps a serious face.

"I take it this root causes some dire effects, that you brought it to me."

Hearing of the effects, he puts the root aside in a pot and washes his hands, then taking a set of thin leather gloves to put on.

"Well, whatever its purpose is, i will have some results in the morning. Since you obtained this from those little lizards, will they pose any more problems for the farmsteads?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Nodding his head as he looked to the more educated members, "We believe that the root caused some of the dead kobolds to turn undead. As for the lizards being a problem, I doubt it; all that were left alive were the very old and the very young. However there was a man the old chief described as "a lone human in fancy attire in a red mantle." who sought them out, giving them the odd roots. Do you know of such a man?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Alchemist Whescer shakes his head faintly.

"I don't. The only out of towners here are you five."


AC: 21 TAC: 11 FFAC: 20 ¦ HP: 18/44 ¦ Fort: 7 Ref: 3 Will: 3 (+2 Saves to Poison & Mind-Affecting) ¦ +6 Percep ¦ Init: +1 ¦ Move: 20' ¦ Belegar's +1 Guidance

Having instinctively felt something a little off about the strange couple that Vaunu, Belegar, and Thrandir spoke to, Uke wisely chose to let the more outspoken ones handle all the talking.

All roots are gone, with that last one given to Whescer.

"That makes sense- the red mantle man seemed to be protective of some forest to the west."


Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Anything before tucking in for the night?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mary Dawnrose wrote:
Anything before tucking in for the night?

nope maybe by something for dealing with the flier...

Shrugging Vaunu, turns to the others, "We should turn in early, maybe the Manananggal will attack again tonight and we can follow her." As they walk out of the Alchemists shop, he shakes his head, "Not a very observant place, we've met as many 'out of towners' as we have 'townies.'

Having his memory sparked by the two 'travelers' he continues, "The face in the tree had sent us to find an emerald, that was the battle that we lost Alluriel, the witch told us we may be able to find the 'estate lost in time' and that it was in the western woods. We should go search there."

He looks up and down the street, looking for shop signs, like they have in larger towns. "We really should purchase something that can deal with the undead flier. Maybe bottles of holy water to throw at her?"

sorry guys, I'm meta gaming, Vaunu wasn't actually awake for that conversation, since he was still unconscious. 'Mary' where is the nearest place to buy holy water (or anything else that will help us with the flying undead.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

The church to Erastil could help you with that.

Assuming the team walks into the market square, you can clearly see the inn, alchemist Whescer's shop, shops for armor and weapons, and a magic shop, which Jurgan visited earlier.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

Holy Water and a net.
Also, do we have a source of Protection from Evil?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Before he heads to the inn, Vaunu goes to the 'church of Erastil' asking the first priest he sees, "I would like to purchase vials of holy water. I can spend up to one hundred and forty gold pieces. I would think I can purchase around five of them. We faced a flying undead called a Manananggal. It stayed twenty to thirty foot off of the ground, hard as heck to hit at my height. If I sling a vial at an undead creature would the vial break? Or do I need to figure out how to 'splash' it that high?"

He looks around, asking sheepishly, "Um, you wouldn't happen to have a sling laying around I could borrow, would you?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

The cleric looks up at the request of purchasing multiple vials.
"We have three in supply, at the moment."

"A sling wouldn't hold a smooth flask as well as a rough stone/bullet. You'd splash yourself at a few spins."
Behind you a familiar voice (to the group save Thandir and Uke) comes from the door. The redhead gnome Lillianne leans against the doorpost, a smirk on her little face.

"Check with the smith if you're looking for a spare, or one of the hunters."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Shaking his head, he asks, looking from the cleric back to Lillianne, "So how would you recommend we kill a flying intelligent undead?"

anyone have any balloons we can fill with holy water to throw?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Cleric: "Immobilize it, make it fall."

Lillianne: "Stike when it comes in close. A net, could hamper its capability to fly, as well."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Snorting at the cleric, Vaunu asks sarcastically, "How do you recommend a burglar like me immobilize flying evil undead?" He looks at Lillianne, "Yes, hit things when they get close, got it. Again, I don't know that I can throw a net that far." Turning back to the cleric, "Can you sell me anything that will help? It is your villagers the thing is dragging off."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)

”Good idea! A net...covered in holy water! Ha! Yes! We must find one.”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Cleric: "As i said, we have three vials available right now."

"And what do yu mean...burglar?" (cautious face)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Shrugging, "Well, we shall purchase the three vials of holy water, and sort out what else we may need on our way to the inn."

When the Cleric asks 'burglar' Vaunu smile, giving a bow. "Vaunu Tarkkailija at your service. Raised in Kaer Maga the city of outcasts; where I learned the secrets of traps and locks in the dark undercity. I am no thief, footpad or robber. I am a trained dungeoneering expert. It is my job to get those who hire me into and out of difficult places safely. A guide of the shadows if you will.”

fishing the seventy five gold pieces out of his pouch he holds them out to the cleric, offering fair price for the holy water.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

The cleric takes the money and puts it in a safebox, then takes out three vials of holy water.

"May it serve you well."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

Belegar frowns, ”It’s not enough.”

Could we get an oil of flame arrow and a bunch of bows?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Bows can be purchased from the blacksmith/bowyer.

Oil available?: 1d100 ⇒ 47
Sorry, currently unavailable.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Anything else, or shall we proceed to the next day?

1,351 to 1,400 of 1,813 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Halloween 1 shot, welcome to Serenity Hollow All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.