GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire (Inactive)

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


7,001 to 7,050 of 10,988 << first < prev | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | next > last >>

Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 1, Init 18

"Woah, Brother!!" Ami yells, alertly pointing out the huge water beast near them. Ami casts Barkskin as Yeen circles behind the beast, staying about 30' away (good for a charge) while letting Aldebert and Otah get ready for a flank.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 26 Yeen: 23+4+4=31 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 67/67; Yeen: 80/80

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+4+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+13+2+1[/dice] to hit; (bite,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d6+8+2[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+14+1[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+13+2+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+13+2+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 0/8 used (DF*0)
Lvl 2: 1/7 used (barkskin*1)
Lvl 3: 2/7 used (mag vest*2)
Lvl 4: 0/5 used ( )
Extend Rod: 2/3 used (magic vestment)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,DF,Barkskin,SoF,MCPfE10
Ami:


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Just a clarification. The beast is emerging in and from the water. 'Behind' the beast would be in the water (under the water).


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Sure. Just an opposite shoreline then so that if it charges the party, Yeen might be able to move to flank.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Roll20 updated. Please position yourself Ami. Will update after. Going to experiment a bit with beach terrain.

Beyond red line, Heavy Surf (15 ft from shore):
Heavy surf describes fiercely surging water about 5 feet in depth. It costs 4 squares of movement to enter a square of heavy surf, for both swimming and walking. Acrobatics checks automatically fail in areas of heavy surf.

Beyond yellow line, Light Surf (water):
Light surf is rapidly surging water less than three feet in depth. The DC of Acrobatics skill checks increases by 2 in these areas. It costs 2 squares of movement to enter a square of light surf, and it is too shallow to effectively swim in.

10 ft nearest water, Packed Sand:
This is wet sand that has settled into firm ground. There are no movement penalties in this area.

More than 10 ft from water, Loose Sand:
This is either soft, dry sand or wet sand that has been recently churned up and not allowed to settle. It costs 2 squares of land movement to enter a square with loose sand.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 1, Init 7

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 59/59
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = None

Pent looks up, towards the trees, expecting to see a shoe. Or another one about to drop. He waits next to Rayhan, content to move away from the shore, and wait for the creature to return to the sea.

"Time to go, right? We lose it in the forest? Seems kinda silly to fight a snake-whale, when we don't know much of our surrounds, right?"

Pent waits for the others to gain their senses, hoping to follow quickly behind.

If Folks Retreat...:

Pent double moves away from the beach.

If Folks Decide Different...:

Pent calls upon Sarah, even here in Kakishon, wherever that might be. He asks for the Sarahtar, somewhere near the sea creature, to punish it away. He hopes its intelligence is lower than the half already charging it. Because that's already pretty low. Cast Spiritual Weapon

Sarahtar: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 damage

Iterative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 damage


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

The serpent headed creature charges toward Ami and Yeen, it's heads attacking one after another. One of the heads finds it's mark, biting savagely.

Charge and full attack action via pounce.
1st bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19, (miss)
2nd bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27, Crit?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26dmg: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10, dmg: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
3rd bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10, (miss)
4th bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13, (miss)
5th bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11, (miss)
6th bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20, (miss)

Round One: All PCs now acting.

Init Track
Ami w/Yeen Init 18, -17 hp
NPC Init 16
Mahdi Init 15
Otah Init 12
Aldebert Init 11
Pent Init 7


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 2, Init 18

"Time to face the--*OOF*!!" Ami's battletaunt is cut short by the creature's bite into Ami, the ferocity of the pouncing lizard was unexpected. Startled, Ami and Yeen fight back with staff and claw.

Ami:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 to hit; (slingstaff)
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 damage.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 to hit; (slingstaff)
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 damage.

Yeen:
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 to hit; (bite)
1d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 damage.

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23 to hit; (claw)
1d4 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 damage.

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 to hit; (claw)
1d4 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 damage.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 26 Yeen: 23+4+4=31 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 50/67; Yeen: 80/80

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+4+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+13+2+1[/dice] to hit; (bite,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d6+8+2[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+14+1[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+13+2+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+13+2+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 0/8 used (DF*0)
Lvl 2: 0/7 used (barkskin*0)
Lvl 3: 2/7 used (mag vest*2)
Lvl 4: 0/5 used ( )
Extend Rod: 2/3 used (mag vest*2)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,DF,Barkskin,SoF,MCPfE10
Ami:


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi glares at the multi-headed creature, trying to think what he knows about it.

Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Arcana +17 for total 30
Dung. +14 for total 27
Nature +12 for total 25
Planes +17 for total 30

Making a face, Mahdi conjures a slick of oily grease that scums the sand and the frothing surf near the creature. Yellow square; DC 16 reflex save or creature falls prone

"I'm not so sure it would be wise to plunge blindly into the jungle to 'lose' the creature," he observes drily. "But pulling back enough to lure it onto the sand, since it seems aquatic, would be the better part of valor."


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 1, Initiative: 11

Status:
HP: 94/94, AC: 23 (F22/T14)
Conditions: None
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
GreatSword Attack BAB +9/+4, Str +2, Focus +1, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x))
Summon Mount: 2/2 (full round)
Smite Evil: 3/3 (Swift, +4 attack, +9 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 8/8 (Swift, 4d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2
Spells (caster level 6, concentration +10, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Hero’s Defiance, Timely Inspiration
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 62/62 AC: 25 (F22/T13) Included: +4 mage armor
Fort: 8 Reflex: 8 Will: 4 BAB: +5 CMB: 10 CMD: 23 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/9h)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +6, Str +4, Amulet +1 Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Amulet +1

Aldebert hears Pent’s suggestion, and finds merit in it, until it occurs to him, at Mahdi’s prompting, that the jungle could contain worse horrors and they could be in a two front battle. ”I agree Mahdi, let’s take it here!”

He commands Gretiem, and together they shuffle through the sand until it’s hard-packed, then pick up speed, close, and attack! Movement surely provokes as Gretiem cuts in front of the creature.

Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 3) + 7 = 16

Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 damage: 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

"Don't worry about me! *OOF*!!" Ami dodges another gaping mouth and tries to remain seated on Yeen as he battles the many-mouthed waterbeast alone. "*GRUNT* Me and Yeen got this! You guys just keep discussing it!! *FLAIL*"

Yeen: "HISS! WOARWRL!!"


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Mahidi, Knowledge (arcana) check 30:
The creature is a six headed hydra. It will heal itself of damage as long as its heads remain intact. Further it will grow additional heads in place of those severed unless acid or fire is used to cauterize the wound once a head is severed off. It is not resistant to any spells.

Ref Sv: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

AoO bite: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 4 = 18

The creature's limbs slip upon the grease. Both Alderbert's attack and Gretim's hit easily as the duo easily avoid the darting head of the creature biting at them as they approach. It is clear that the wounds are lessening somehow.

Round One: Otah and Pent now acting (prepped actions seen).

Init Track
Ami w/Yeen Init 18, -17 hp
NPC Init 16, AC 16. -35 hp. +6 hp.
Mahdi Init 15
Otah Init 12
Aldebert Init 11
Pent Init 7

Reflex Sv, many headed snake whale: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Otah asked me to roll for him, he's busy tearing his hair out on an imminently due homework assignment. I can't move him on the map but he will move to the red square and do a single attack.

Otah horsechopper attack: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 2 = 34 Potential Crit; if the hydra is prone from the grease spell its AC is 4 less
for: 1d10 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10

Confirm?: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 2 = 23
Additional damage if 23 confirms: 2d10 + 14 ⇒ (9, 4) + 14 = 27

Mahdi calls out: "A damned hydra! As long as its heads are intact it's going to heal-- the heads must be severed, and the stumps blasted with..." Mahdi grins and cracks his knuckles, "....fire."

(GM, is a combat maneuver required to sever the heads?)


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Mahdi:
Heads must be attacked using a sunder attempt.

Otah's attack cuts the creature down, it falls below the surf motionless. The floating weapon hacks away at the motionless creature.

Init Track
Ami w/Yeen Init 18, -17 hp
NPC Init 16, AC 16. -35 hp. +6 hp. -49 hp
Mahdi Init 15
Otah Init 12
Aldebert Init 11
Pent Init 7

Round Two: All PCs now acting.

Ami and Yeen continue to attack the motionless creature.

Init Track
Ami w/Yeen Init 18, -17 hp
NPC Init 16, AC 16. -35 hp. +6 hp. -49 hp, -43 hp, +6 hp
Mahdi Init 15
Otah Init 12
Aldebert Init 11
Pent Init 7


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Mahdi's words echo through everyone's minds as the motionless creature lays in the water.

Mahdi al-Jabira wrote:
"A damned hydra! As long as its heads are intact it's going to heal-- the heads must be severed, and the stumps blasted with..." Mahdi grins and cracks his knuckles, "....fire."

Severed?:
Sunder weapon targeting a head.

Round Two: Mahdi, Otah, Aldebert, and Pent now acting.

Init Track
Ami w/Yeen Init 18, -17 hp
NPC Init 16, AC 16. -115 hp
Mahdi Init 15
Otah Init 12
Aldebert Init 11
Pent Init 7


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 2, Initiative: 11

Status:
HP: 94/94, AC: 23 (F22/T14)
Conditions: None
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
GreatSword Attack BAB +9/+4, Str +2, Focus +1, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x))
Summon Mount: 2/2 (full round)
Smite Evil: 3/3 (Swift, +4 attack, +9 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 8/8 (Swift, 4d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2
Spells (caster level 6, concentration +10, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Hero’s Defiance, Timely Inspiration
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 62/62 AC: 25 (F22/T13) Included: +4 mage armor
Fort: 8 Reflex: 8 Will: 4 BAB: +5 CMB: 10 CMD: 23 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/9h)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +6, Str +4, Amulet +1 Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Amulet +1

As the creature falls, Aldebert nudges Gretiem to attack one more time, to help keep it down, and he tries to sever heads. Aldebert’s attacks provoke.

Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 2) + 7 = 12

Sunder: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 damage: 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 (It's prone, so maybe I got lucky?)
Sunder: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 damage: 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 2, Init 7

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 59/59
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = None

Pent directs the Sarahtar to continue hacking at the snake-whale, hoping to have a head off before Mahdi comes 'round with his firecharscorch.

"Alright, beautiful blade, keep angling for the necks below the heads. We need them popped, otherwise we'll see the creature stir once more."

Sarahtar Sunder: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 damage

Sarahtar Sunder: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 damage

The gnome is quite content to remain where he is, and watch from afar.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

With four swift attacks, two by halfling, and two by floating weapon three heads fall into the water. Gretiem's teeth meanwhile gnaw into the emotionless creature.

Round Two: Mahdi and Otah now acting.

Init Track
Ami w/Yeen Init 18, -17 hp
NPC Init 16, AC 16. -115 hp, -12 hp, +2 hp
Mahdi Init 15
Otah Init 12
Aldebert Init 11
Pent Init 7


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Botting Otah, as he is asleep

Otah nods at Mahdi's words and attempts to sunder a head with his horsechopper.

Sunder: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Mahdi hurries up until he stands almost in the surf, and quickly directs a blast of fire roiling over multiple severed stumps, to cauterize the wounds. Fire jet from new position on map, 20 ft' orange line that washes over the monster and as many stumps as I can hit. Damage somewhat immaterial other than just it being fire damage.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Otah hacks another head from the creature, the open stumps are then bathed in fire. The charred flesh no longer pulses with life.

Round Three: All PCs now acting.

Feel free to role play the finishing blows however you like. At this point combat is effectively over as the remaining head can easily be sundered and cauterized.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent flicks the Sarahtar into action for the last head.

Sarahtar Sunder: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 damage
Sarahtar Sunder: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 damage

The gnome frumps, expecting that the halfs will do a better job of snickersnacking. Eventually, the Sarahtar excuses itself, and Pent removes his hat to see it off.

"Alright, where to? We following the beach? Rayhan, you have any suggestions?" Pent looks ready to move, one way or another.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Rayhan looks up from his desperate fumbling with the scroll. "No ideas. This thing may give us a clue, but I can't get much from it as far as our return goes. Detecting the smell of burnt flesh the old man suddenly realizes what has been going on. Perhaps we should start by distancing ourselves from the water. Rayhan rises, rolling up the scroll and gesturing in Ami's direction with it while pointing. My guess is that creature would be easy enough to outrun."

Not far from where the hydra is being slain, a large turtle is slowly lumbering toward the group. It looks intently at each of those gathered, but does not approach further while blade, claw, and flame are at work.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami and Yeen continue to claw at the beast after it stops moving, renewing their ferocity as others join in. Eventually, even the cat gets winded and settles for dragging a neck slice to shore. Yeen looks to see if he can gather any good meat from the neck, while Ami stands guard and watches, giving the cat some reward after his ferocious fighting.

Ami will leave his 17 hp damage until I get home and check Ami's wandage.

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31 Perception - Ami - danger

After either not finding enough meat on the neck, or general restlessness, Ami and Yeen are ready to move again. Thinking that they are headed down the path towards the hut, Ami begins to mosey that way.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"Nice chop Pent!" Aldebert cries as Pent lops off the remaining head. He watches, upwind if he can, as Mahdi burns the stumps. "So that thing would've kept regenerating if we'd not done that? Good to know."

He smiles at Rayhan's comments about the turtle, though he still worries about how they're going to get out of this place. Smarter folk than me are here and thinking about it. Just keep them safe, and we'll find a way out sure enough.

"Wait up Ami!" he calls as his brother bounds down the trail. He swings Gretiem into the path, and joins his brother, watching out for more hazards between them and the small hut.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Otah severs the last head and Mahdi sears the stump with another fire jet, looking ridiculously pleased with himself. He blows smoke off his fingertips in a dramatic fashion.

When the turtle is pointed out, Mahdi snorts. "Yes, let's just outwalk that thing. Come on, let's get there before Ami manages to reach it first and angers whoever may dwell there."

Otah rinses his horsechopper off quickly in the surf then hurries after the others.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent trots along, keeping up with the long legs in the party easily. Every so often, he builds a little courage to skirt the water, splashing while he runs. He even leans down to take a cup of water in hand, and taste the water for its saltiness, should it prove salty. Who knows? In Kakishon, this water might prove to be potable. He keeps his eyes on the waterline, eventually distancing himself a piece, in case another hydra slips from the deep.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

As everyone moves on the large turtle waddles back toward the sea.

Aldebert:
As everyone works to catch up with Ami, you notice the large turtle cough a tiny scroll tube up onto the sand before it turns and begins waddling back into the sea.

Pent:
The water is indeed salty. Not unlike ocean water you have had the opportunity to taste in the past.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"Ho there!" Aldebert stops and wheels Gretiem back from whence they came. He moves to the end of the turtles path inland and dismounts.

Scooping up a tiny scroll tube, he remounts and returns to the group. He rides alongside Mahdi, and hands him the scroll tube, "The turtle coughed this up. This place may be a wonder of portents and signs, but I thought you should examine the contents."


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Detect Magic:
There is magic coming from the tiny scroll tube.

Spellcraft>22:
The tiny scroll tube is under the effects of a shrink item spell.

Open tiny scroll tube:
Two objects are inside the tube. A small blue egg with brown spots on it and a note.

"Long ago, visitors to these islands received a greeting from the Imprisoner. You shall receive the same.

'Greetings and welcome, brave hunters, to the Serpent Isles. Here you will find a hunt to satisfy your thirst for challenge, danger, and adventure, a tale to be told as you relax at the Pleasure Palace. Your task is simple: you must hunt down the Golden Ram and take its horn. There are many challenges to be faced on these islands, but only by sounding the ram’s horn can you call back the ship that will bear thee hence. Do not think to cheat the hunt, as the Golden Ram is under my protection; this is a test of skill and skill alone, of courage and cunning, not raw power. One ram’s horn you must sound and present to the boatman to gain passage. The other horn is yours to keep, as a trophy and reward for your daring. May Fate smile upon you and guide your aim.'

The Imprisoner is gone now. But his world remains. A world we created. You have only just arrived but we must know if you are ally or enemy, capable or inept. Complete the Imprisoner’s task and we shall have a greater one for you, one to help fulfill your heart’s desire. Give this egg to the boatman, and he will bring you directly to us. We have much to discuss."


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami holds up, happy to wait for his brother. He waits as the whatever is examined and keeps an eye out for more servants of the Rough Beast...wherever they may be.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi snatches up the scroll tube after a quick magical scan to check it for magical traps, and a brief recognition (take 10) of the actual spell.

He reads the missive in silence, his brows working, and then he snorts expressively and reads it again, and finally, a third time, but this time aloud. (Feel free to read the third spoiler, team!)

"Well, well," Mahdi says. "Someone's paying attention to our presence here. And someone chooses to offer us quests in exchange for-- it sounds like-- passage back home. That's all rather tidy, isn't it."

He squints at the egg, as if it contained something potentially dire or foul.

(Any Kn. checks relevant on the egg?)


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

I'll keep digging, but as of yet the AP isn't indicating any Kn. checks. Will keep you posted and ask for reminders. EDIT: Nothing in the current book of the AP with a quick text search 'egg.' That doesn't mean there isn't anything, just means digging will take longer.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

We have much to discuss, huh? So why not chat now?” Aldebert sighs, surely there must be some reason for jumping through this hoop, but other than the entertainment of whoever’s watching, he can’t think of what it is.

”OK then. So we need to find this ‘Golden Ram’, and islands is plural so we may need to find a way to cross the water as well. Might need to craft a boat of some kind.” he shrugs having not the slightest idea how to go about such a thing. ”Well, let’s check out this hut at least. Maybe it’ll have some clues.”

He waits for the party to concur, then begins moving toward the structure on the beach again.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Finally, the rest of the party is ready to move on...and Ami follows Alde to the hut.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"Turtle regurgitation. They sent us a turtle to yurk up a work up? I'm still unclear about what it means, but we just arrived in this world, and the gods of it are interested in us? Who's the Imprisoner? Mahdi, that ring any bells?"

Pent takes a look at the egg, imagining the bird that laid it. His imagination is just good enough to color the bird in the same shades as the egg's shell. The bird's shape keeps coming back around to that of an oil lamp, so by rubbing the bird, a plume of smoke erupts from its rectum, before the egg falls out. As it falls out, it floats on the genie smoke, until it rests gently on the ground.

"Wait, don't turtles lay eggs, too? Is that a turtle egg?"

Pent imagines the bird turning turtle. His imagination is just good enough to color the turtle's shell in the same shades as the egg's shell. The turtle's shape stays turtle, because he just saw a turtle, and can't overlay a genie motif on it so readily. There's still rectal smoke in the laying process, however.

"You think the same turtle tucked the egg into the scroll tube after it laid its own egg? That's a pretty nimble turtle. Can't picture it. Someone shoved that tube into the turtle, then sent the turtle to the shore, before yorking it up, on command. That's a pretty rare turtle to maintain that many steps in a trick. You think there are more turtles like that? Or do the hydras keep the turtle population in check?"

Pent keeps up with the others, trying to picture which way an egg comes out, small side or big side first.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 Know (Religion) - 'The Imprisoner'

Ami wonders if Sarenrae might be 'The Imprisoner' for her work in sealing away Rovagug.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

know (religion):
Thee religious references to Imprisoners are many and none seem to relate at all to your current situation or the note.

School stuff got ahead of me so a more substantial post will need to wait until tomorrow.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

The rest of the journey to the pier is uneventful. However, what you find seems to hint at some kind of destruction. The crumbling, blackened, and ruined pier greets you silently. The last several feet of the pier look as if it has been burned away by an impossibly hot fire. Rayhan thinks aloud at what he postulates, "It is as if the damage to the scroll is reflected here."

Though the pier is damaged, the stone hut seems structurally sound. It is furnished with basins, an illusory image of food, water, and plush bedding flashes in and around the basin as you look inside the hut.

Knowledge (linguistics), take 10 > 14:
Several different scripts, of common languages list the same trio of words: Food, water, and bed.

Detect Magic:
There is indeed magic detected in the basin

Knowledge (arcana), take 10 >19:
Several different scripts, including a trio of simple arcane commands are engraved into the basin. Two of the three commands echo food and water creation spells respectively. It seems likely that the third is likely to be connected to the illusory bedding.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
Pent Arotha wrote:
"I'm still unclear about what it means, but we just arrived in this world, and the gods of it are interested in us? Who's the Imprisoner? Mahdi, that ring any bells?"

Ami's eyes narrow at the gnome.

"There is only one Imprisoner God that matters, gnome. The one that imprisoned the Rough Beast in the jail of many burns, who harnessed the sun to boil it's flesh within the prison of Golarion. You should know this. This 'Imprisoner' is no god, but something else."

Ami and Yeen sniff and shuffle through the hut, ending up disappointed and returning outside to keep watch while basking in the sun.

"I'll be outside, Brother," Ami says through his face scarf.

Once outside, Ami and Yeen will do some short scouting and sniffing for tracks and things of interest around the hut.

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35 Perception
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26 Survival - tracks


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent keeps his gaze comfortably set on Mahdi. "So, the Imprisoner. That ring any bells?"

...

Pent ambles over to the basins, taking in the scripts. "'Food, water, bed'. 'Food, water, bed'. aaaand, again 'Food, water, bed'. That's interesting. The basins are magical, at least."

Knowledge(Arcana) v DC 19: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"So, this some kind of waystation? Mahdi, you gonna be able to activate these basins? The water out there is genuinely salty, so we could use fresh water, either by Sarah, or by basin."


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi shrugs and waves a hand at the question from Pent, being more interested in the little stone hut.

Kn Planes perhaps for Imprisoner in this specific context of Kakishon? Who imprisons Jhavhul?: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21

He peers around the furnished waystation with some interest and a quick cantrip. (Take 10 on the mentioned checks)

"Hmm. A nice little inn-in-a-box, yes... Let's see here."

Mahdi mutters a few common command words at the basins, testing if they're still functional.

Don't know if I need a check to activate them.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Mahdi, Knowledge (planes) / (arcana):
If the scroll was indeed fashioned by Nex, than this world could be of Nex's creation. To accomplish such a thing. Few could do such. Nex is one who could.

The basins produce food and drink as Pent mentions the words. Likewise, comfortable bedding covers a portion of the floor of the stone hut. Enough for four people is present.

Ami, Survival:
You notice faint traces of goat like creature, the droppings too dry to actually track, but do indicate a creature has been in the area recently. Could these goat like droppings be from the ram the note mentioned?

Any news of Otah?

GM:
Wandering: 1d100 ⇒ 2, Creature: 1d100 ⇒ 24


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert observes the accommodations after Mahdi has 'cleared' them. "Well we're to be comfortable at least while we're here. Let's try and make it a short trip though if we can."

Aldebert sips some of the water untrusting but thirsty.

"Rayhan, why don't you wait here while we investigate a little. I'm worried about you getting hurt if we're swarmed by large numbers. You should be safe here now - I suspect that anything that might have come close would have been driven off by that hydra. Should buy us a few days of peace at least."

Aldebert thinks, "My brother might be able to find something, but barring that, we should try searching methodically. I suggest we see just how big this island is. We can either climb to the highest ground, or just walk around it. I think the former will be quicker."

"Anyone else have suggestions? I feel mine isn't terribly good, but it's all that's occurring to me in this strange place."


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle
Pent wrote:
"Turtle regurgitation. They sent us a turtle to yurk up a work up? I'm still unclear about what it means, but we just arrived in this world, and the gods of it are interested in us? Who's the Imprisoner? Mahdi, that ring any bells?"

Otah turns with an evil-eye towards the gnome's wordplay, but gives a silent nod at his question regarding the Imprisoner. He too, is curious as to what it all means.

Rayhan wrote:
"It is as if the damage to the scroll is reflected here."

"Perhaps the pier is an illusion then? The normal way in and out of this scroll-place-world-thing, and we just burned it?"

Aldebert wrote:
"My brother might be able to find something, but barring that, we should try searching methodically. I suggest we see just how big this island is. We can either climb to the highest ground, or just walk around it. I think the former will be quicker."

"Find the highest point, look around. Sounds like a good idea." The dwarf hefts his hydrahorse-chopper, "The faster we can find this magic sheep, the sooner we can get out of here."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

When the yahoos finally emerge from the hut, Ami calls to his brother.

"Brother, I found poop!" Ami shouts, pointing to the ground. "It is small, rounded, and smells funny...which means it has similar characteristics to gnome poop. I think it's from a goat of some sort."

Ami keeps Yeen from eating or destroying the poop in case others want to see. He is then ready to range about more, anxious to explore this strange island.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi brushes some lingering soot off his fingers from his hydra-blasting of earlier and can't help but be rather supercilious in his tone as he says:

"Most likely the Imprisoner in question would be Nex-- the supposed architect of this entire realm. As for whether I have a suggestion for how we should best search the island... I do, in fact, though it will have to wait until tomorrow.

"You see, you've all been having so much fun riding around cats and lizards that I thought I should give it a try. Tomorrow morning I'll conjure steeds of flame and a chariot of smoke. We should all manage to fit aboard, give or take; the chariot moves quite swiftly and will last most of the day. This should, I think, speed up the process of searching through this isle."

Mahdi pauses, presses his fingertips to his lips. "Let me think if I know anything more of our quarry."

Kn check- has he heard of the Golden Ram?: 1d20 ⇒ 17

17 + any relevant knowledge skill of his on the ram?


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Mahdi and the Golden Ram:
You've heard stories that someone connect the creature and Nex. Without seeing it first hand it is difficult to know if the stories are true. If they are, the creature is unlikely to be a simple ram.

Though the stone hut protects everyone from the midday sun, it is clear that this world has some resemblance of day and night. There is time yet it seems for light to make some of the mysteries of this place visible.

Rayhan readily aggress to Aldebert's suggestion, "I will happily stay here. Perhaps some extended study will give me some sense of what happened to the scroll. I have the notes I brought with me for the activation. And if there be things that might disturb me I can at least make enough of a fuss alert you all that I am in need of assistance." With that the old man spreads out on a section of the floor, collection small rocks from the beach to hold his papers in place.

GM:
Wandering: 1d100 ⇒ 8, Creature: 1d100 ⇒ 79


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision
Mahdi wrote:
"Most likely the Imprisoner in question would be Nex-- the supposed architect of this entire realm. As for whether I have a suggestion for how we should best search the island... I do, in fact, though it will have to wait until tomorrow. You see, you've all been having so much fun riding around cats and lizards that I thought I should give it a try. Tomorrow morning I'll conjure steeds of flame and a chariot of smoke. We should all manage to fit aboard, give or take; the chariot moves quite swiftly and will last most of the day. This should, I think, speed up the process of searching through this isle."

Pent nods his head in affirmation. "Nex! Of course! But who's he imprisoning?" The gnome drinks deeply of the basin's water, and eats whatever food is made available.

"So, we have a boatman to meet, as well as the Creators. We meet them before or after we hunt a ram? With a chariot of fire, do we need the boatman's boat? Is it the same boatman, or are there more than one? This gets more and more intriguing, with each facet of this jewel held up to the light."

Pent plops down on the bedding, and waits for the others to plot a course, towards boat or ram. He doesn't care which.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"The chariot is a grand idea. Can we all fit, steeds included? I should be able to summon Gretiem on the other side if needs be."

"Yet I don't want to waste this day. Let's see what my brother has found at least and plan to rest here this night. So we'll check the immediate area at least. Make a wide circle and make sure there's not something waiting to jump on our scholar." he gestures to the papers strewn everywhere.

He sips some more water carefully, and readies to go.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
Pent Arotha wrote:
Pent nods his head in affirmation. "Nex! Of course! But who's he imprisoning?"

"I think we are the imprisoned, gnome. It's us. And that boatman might be our way out. The question is why Sarenrae wants us here, wants us among the imprisoned. That is what we should be asking," Ami suggests.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

The lush tropical forest near the sandy beach blows in the breeze. The green of the palm fronds moves in waves not unlike the water of the nearby ocean. Clear skies make it easy to see distant terrain and islands. Beyond the beaches and tropical forest wait other types of obstacles. Who is to say what has taken resistance in the varied areas.

7,001 to 7,050 of 10,988 << first < prev | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.