GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire (Inactive)

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


6,851 to 6,900 of 10,988 << first < prev | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Maps: Travel

The light show continues as the small elemental moves about, its flame casting shadows and issuing fourth heat like an excited candle.

Round Three: Otah now acting.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

The dwarf steps follows the man, who appears to be distracted with the halfling, and strikes at him with the axe twice more.

5 foot step

+1 Greataxe, Bless, Prayer, Flank, moved: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 28
2H, prayer, moved for: 1d12 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 13

+1 Greataxe Iterative, Bless, Prayer, Flank, moved: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 29
2H, prayer, moved for: 1d12 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 17


Maps: Travel

Otah cuts into the dog man, who visibly lurches from the wound. It is clear the combat is beginning to wear on him. The mummified figure continues to wave about harmlessly in Ami's direction.

slam: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19, (miss)

Round Three: Ami / Yeen, Aldebert, and Pent now acting.

Initiative
Dog man Init 23 AC 28, -14 hp, -30 hp, -30 hp
Bear Init -- AC 16, -20 hp
Mahdi Init 20
Otah Init 17
Mummified figure Init 10 AC 20, -42 hp
Ami / Yeen Init 9
Aldebert Init 5 -18 hp, -58 hp
Pent Init 2


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 3, Init 9

Ami & Yeen attack again, trying to end the wrapped evil and help his brother.

Ami:
1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 21 to hit; (slingstaff, melee,prayer+flank)
1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6 damage.

1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 16 to hit; (slingstaff, melee,prayer)
1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9 damage.

Yeen:
1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 30 to hit; (bite,DF,prayer+flank)
1d6 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 16 damage.
1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 1 + 2 = 33 CMB to grab

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 28 to hit; (claw,DF,prayer)
1d4 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 15 damage.

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 33 to hit; (claw,DF,prayer)
1d4 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 14 damage.

And with the grapple last round, Yeen begins to rake with this back claws as well.

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 28 to hit; (claw,DF,prayer)
1d4 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 14 damage.

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 34 to hit; (claw,DF,prayer)
1d4 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 14 damage.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 24+2 vs. evil; Yeen: 20+3+4+3 (shield of faith)=30+2 vs. evil (barkskin, mage armor,MCPFE10)
HP: Ami: 51/51; Yeen: 63/63

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+4+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+12+2+1[/dice] to hit; (bite,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d6+8+2[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+14+1[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+12+2+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+12+2+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 43/8 used (DF*4)
Lvl 2: 3/7 used (barkskin*3)
Lvl 3: 4/6 used (MCPfE10*3, SM3)
Lvl 4: 1/4 used (AirWalk )
Extend Rod: 2/3 used

Yeen.: Mage Armor,DF,Barkskin,SoF,MCPfE10
Ami:


Maps: Travel

The mummified figure is struck first by sling and then feline teeth tear into its wrappings it comes unraveled. Desiccated bits of humanoid remains fly everywhere as animal instincts search in vain for some fleshy reward for its attack.

Round Three: Aldebert and Pent now acting.

Initiative
Dog man Init 23 AC 28, -14 hp, -30 hp, -30 hp
Bear Init -- AC 16, -20 hp
Mahdi Init 20
Otah Init 17
DEAD -- Mummified figure Init 10 AC 20, -42 hp, DEAD
Ami / Yeen Init 9
Aldebert Init 5 -18 hp, -58 hp
Pent Init 2


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 3, Init 2

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 47/47
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Prayer

Pent watches as Aldebert gets bearly savaged and jack-knifed. He hopes the half has half a mind to step out of his current position, so steps up to help heal him of some of his hurt. Pent will sidle up to Aldebert, wherever Aldebert is after his actions, north or south.

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 7 ⇒ (8, 3, 4) + 7 = 22


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 3, Initiative: 5

Status:
HP: 43/84, AC: 19 (F18/T14) Not included: +3 from Barkskin, +2 deflection vs Evil
Weapon Equipped: Great Sword
Conditions: Barkskin +3 (59/140m), -1 dex, MCPfE (3/80m), Prayer (1/7r)
GreatSword Attack BAB +8/+3, Str +2, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x))
Summon Mount: 0/1 (full round)
Smite Evil: 0/3 (Swift, +4 attack, +8 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 2/8 (Swift, 4d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued or diseased)
Pearl of Power (first) 1/2
Spells (caster level 5, concentration +9, DC 14+)
1) Hero’s Defiance, Timely Inspiration
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 55/55 AC: 18 (F16/T12) Not included: +4 mage armor
Fort: 7 Reflex: 7 Will: 4 BAB: +5 CMB: 8 CMD: 20 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/8h)
Tricks: Aid, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +5, Str +3, Amulet +1 Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Amulet +1

”Nice hit Otah, Brother, you amaze, and Pent, thank you for that!”

Gretiem comes to and you can hear the snarl in the hiss as he stands and attacks the jackal. (unfortunately, he does provoke by standing up)
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 = 27 (prayer) damage: 2d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3, 6) + 5 + 1 = 15 (prayer)

Taking a series of blows that would have killed a lesser man, Aldebert is amazed by the training and nimble feet on the bear. Still, he remains standing, and delivers back again - focusing on the bear, knowing he’s an easier foe to drop - or so he hopes!

Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 3 = 15 (prayer, flank) damage: 1d10 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 1 = 15 (prayer)
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 3 = 9 (prayer, flank) damage: 1d10 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 1 = 18 (prayer)

He then touches himself in an impure manner, healing some, but not enough, of the battle axe damage…
Lay on Hands: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 5, 2, 2) = 16 (swift)

He steps toward Pent, and hopes the pillar will block the bear, should it remain up, from flanking again. Though the jackal could move too… he hopes for the best.


Maps: Travel

Teeth dig into the bear while two sword strikes fail to penetrate the creatures hide. The creature seems very unsteady on its feet as it growls pitifully, but still stands. Hearing the sound, the dog man re-positions himself, pulling another fur ball from the bag at his belt, and then makes a single swing at Aldebert. The fur ball takes shape into a tiger, which takes the place of the bear after it attacks and moves away. Bear claws are followed by tiger claws, which are more deadly than the bear - but fail to grapple the halfling.

0-30 Grizzly bear, 31-60 Lion, 61-80 heavy horse, 81-90 tiger, 91-100 Rino: 1d100 ⇒ 81

bear claw@Aldebert: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 (miss)
tiger claw@Aldebert: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22, dmg: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13, grab vs CMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20 (miss)
battleaxe @ Aldebert: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 2 = 35, dmg: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Round Four: All PCs now acting.

Initiative
Dog man Init 23 AC 28, -14 hp, -30 hp, -30 hp
Bear Init -- AC 16, -20 hp, -15 hp
Tiger Init -- AC 14
Mahdi Init 20
Otah Init 17
DEAD -- Mummified figure Init 10 AC 20, -42 hp, DEAD
Ami / Yeen Init 9
Aldebert Init 5 -18 hp, -58 hp, +22 hp, +16 hp, -20 hp
Pent Init 2


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 4, Init 9

"BROTHER!!" Ami says as the tiger appears and starts attacking the only good and noble thing in the entire world (pretty much). "TIGER!! COME FACE US!!"

Ami & Yeen round to attack the tiger from behind.

Ami:
1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 24 to hit; (slingstaff, melee,prayer+flank)
1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9 damage.

1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 15 to hit; (slingstaff, melee,prayer)
1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5 damage.

Yeen:
1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 22 to hit; (bite,DF,prayer+flank)
1d6 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 12 damage.
1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 1 + 2 = 29 CMB to grab

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 33 to hit; (claw,DF,prayer)
1d4 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 14 damage.

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 19 to hit; (claw,DF,prayer)
1d4 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 12 damage.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 24+2 vs. evil; Yeen: 20+3+4+3 (shield of faith)=30+2 vs. evil (barkskin, mage armor,MCPFE10)
HP: Ami: 33/51; Yeen: 63/63

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+4+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+12+2+1[/dice] to hit; (bite,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d6+8+2[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+14+1[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+12+2+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+12+2+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 43/8 used (DF*4)
Lvl 2: 3/7 used (barkskin*3)
Lvl 3: 4/6 used (MCPfE10*3, SM3)
Lvl 4: 1/4 used (AirWalk )
Extend Rod: 2/3 used

Yeen.: Mage Armor,DF,Barkskin,SoF,MCPfE10
Ami:


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 4, Initiative: 5

Status:
HP: 49/84, AC: 19 (F18/T14) Not included: +3 from Barkskin, +2 deflection vs Evil
Weapon Equipped: Great Sword
Conditions: Barkskin +3 (59/140m), -1 dex, MCPfE (3/80m), Prayer (1/7r)
GreatSword Attack BAB +8/+3, Str +2, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x))
Summon Mount: 0/1 (full round)
Smite Evil: 0/3 (Swift, +4 attack, +8 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 1/8 (Swift, 4d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued or diseased)
Pearl of Power (first) 1/2
Spells (caster level 5, concentration +9, DC 14+)
1) Hero’s Defiance, Timely Inspiration
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 55/55 AC: 18 (F16/T12) Not included: +4 mage armor
Fort: 7 Reflex: 7 Will: 4 BAB: +5 CMB: 8 CMD: 20 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/8h)
Tricks: Aid, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +5, Str +3, Amulet +1 Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Amulet +1

The tiger does no damage as he can’t actually connect. I think this is the first hit, so the first time the jackal would notice. I’m protected by my brother’s Magic Circle of Protection from Evil.

Gretiem presses his attack on the jackal, unaware just how tough he is to hit, he thrashes aggressively.
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 1 = 24 (prayer) damage: 2d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2) + 5 + 1 = 12 (prayer)

Aldebert 5’ steps into flank with Otah, but attacks the bear, trying to end its reign of terror. He smiles as the mummy falls to his brother.
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 3 = 16 (prayer, flank) damage: 1d10 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 1 = 22 (prayer)
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 3 = 15 (prayer, flank) damage: 1d10 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 1 = 20 (prayer)

He then touches himself in an impure manner one more time.
Lay on Hands: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 1, 5, 1) = 13 (swift)

Boy, I'll be glad when Aldebert can roll over 10 again. Must make a sacrifice to the dice gods...


Maps: Travel

The dog man looks on in shock as the attacks do nothing. Ami and Yeen focus on the new feline foe. Sling, teeth, and claws make quick work of the tiger. Though the dog man is unharmed, the bear falls to a well placed sword strike.

Round Four: Mahdi, Otah, and Pent now acting.

Initiative
Dog man Init 23 AC 28, -14 hp, -30 hp, -30 hp
Mahdi Init 20
Otah Init 17
Ami / Yeen Init 9
Aldebert Init 5 -18 hp, -58 hp, +22 hp, +16 hp, +13 hp
Pent Init 2


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

The dwarf continues to hack away at The Jackal.

+1 Greataxe, Blessed, Prayer, Flank: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 33
2H for: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

+1 Greataxe, Iterative, Blessed, Prayer, Flank: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 23
2H for: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 4, Init 2

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 47/47
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Prayer

Pent watches as bear falls, and tiger appears, gulping for his proximity. He debates where to best apply his skill. He picks the tiger, plucking a bolt, and firing it at the broad side of a backside.

+1 Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 = 12 for 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5 damage

"Aldi, stop swinging on animals, and hit the jackal already. You keep letting him throw new beasts at us, we'll be here all day."


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi's first fire elemental whiffs away in a puff of smoke, but then his next one appears! It closes with the tiger at his command.

Fire elemental slam vs tiger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

But is unlikely to hit.

Mahdi will delay for his own action, watching to see the fight progress


Maps: Travel

Axe cuts away at the dog man while bolt and candle dancer do little. As if taking Pent's worry as a request, another furry ball is tossed by the only consistent foe. The fur ball takes a familar shape, as another bear joins the fray. This time Otah is the focus.

0-30 Grizzly bear, 31-60 Lion, 61-80 heavy horse, 81-90 tiger, 91-100 Rino: 1d100 ⇒ 24

bear claw@Otah: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 (miss)
battleaxe @ Otah: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 14 + 2 = 24, (miss)

Round Five: All PCs now acting.

Initiative
Dog man Init 23 AC 28, -14 hp, -30 hp, -30 hp
Bear Int -- AC 16
Mahdi Init 20
Otah Init 17
Ami / Yeen Init 9
Aldebert Init 5 -18 hp, -58 hp, +22 hp, +16 hp, +13 hp
Pent Init 2


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 5, Init 9

The look on Yeen's face when the tiger poofs away makes Ami laugh with delight...the cat looking puzzled as his jaws clamp on nothing. The giggles fade as Ami sees his brother's injuries.

Ami casts CCW as they ride up to the Jackal. Ami touches his brother and Yeen tries to grapple the manjack.

4d8 + 8 ⇒ (6, 4, 1, 4) + 8 = 23 healing @ Aldebert

Yeen:
1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 27 to hit; (bite,DF,prayer)
1d6 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 17 damage.
1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 1 + 2 = 26 CMB to grab

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 24+2 vs. evil; Yeen: 20+3+4+3 (shield of faith)=30+2 vs. evil (barkskin, mage armor,MCPFE10)
HP: Ami: 33/51; Yeen: 63/63

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+4+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+12+2+1[/dice] to hit; (bite,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d6+8+2[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+14+1[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+12+2+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+12+2+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 43/8 used (DF*4)
Lvl 2: 3/7 used (barkskin*3)
Lvl 3: 4/6 used (MCPfE10*3, SM3)
Lvl 4: 2/4 used (AirWalk,CCW )
Extend Rod: 2/3 used

Yeen.: Mage Armor,DF,Barkskin,SoF,MCPfE10
Ami:


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 5, Initiative: 5

Status:
HP: 59/84, AC: 19 (F18/T14) Not included: +3 from Barkskin, +2 deflection vs Evil
Weapon Equipped: Great Sword
Conditions: Barkskin +3 (59/140m), -1 dex, MCPfE (3/80m), Prayer (2/7r)
GreatSword Attack BAB +8/+3, Str +2, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x))
Summon Mount: 0/1 (full round)
Smite Evil: 0/3 (Swift, +4 attack, +8 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 1/8 (Swift, 4d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued or diseased)
Pearl of Power (first) 1/2
Spells (caster level 5, concentration +9, DC 14+)
1) Hero’s Defiance, Timely Inspiration
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 55/55 AC: 18 (F16/T12) Not included: +4 mage armor
Fort: 7 Reflex: 7 Will: 4 BAB: +5 CMB: 8 CMD: 20 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/8h)
Tricks: Aid, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +5, Str +3, Amulet +1 Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Amulet +1

"Thank you brother!!" he says as his wounds knit.

Gretiem presses his attack on the jackal, unaware just how tough he is to hit, he thrashes aggressively.
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 = 29 (prayer) damage: 2d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6, 2) + 5 + 1 = 14 (prayer)

Aldebert, in flank with Otah, lightens up his grip (No power attack) and swings!
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 3 = 21 (prayer, flank) damage: 1d10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9 (prayer)
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 3 = 15 (prayer, flank) damage: 1d10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10 (prayer)

(I think that's round four of two swings under 10 for Aldebert. Sorry folks!)


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 5, Init 2

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 47/47
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Prayer

"So, this jackassal can just keep pulling animals out his bag-sack?! All day?! One right after the other?! That's a mighty powerful sack, right, Mahdi?? I can't wait to own it!! I'll pull it right out of the jackal's cold, dead paws, then fill the room with bears and tigers. It'll be like walking on living rugs, all the way around the room." Pent snorts, daring the jackal to keep doing it, with his raisin' eyebrows.

This time, Pent fires on the bear. Not the tiger, or the bear that came before the tiger. And not the jackal, either, since it looks near impossible to hit him. If you're a half, that is.

+1 Light Crossbow, Prayer: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 - 4 = 19 for 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5 damage

"Odie, for the love of Sarah, drop the jackanape already. He's gotta be out of animals, right? Right?!"


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

For the moment, the dwarf ignores the bear's presence, focusing his annoyed rage at the villain of the moment.

"How about it Jackal? Got anything in that bag of tricks that's going to save you?"

He continues to harass the "jackassal"

+1 Greataxe,Prayer,Bless,Flank: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 23
2H for: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
+1 Greataxe Iterative,Prayer,Bless,Flank: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 30
2H for: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Maps: Travel

The concerted attacks yield contact with teeth and axe landing on the dog man. Meanwhile, Pent's bolt greets the newly arrived bear. Blood pools beneath the dog man who simply grips upon his axe more firmly.

Round 5: Mahdi now acting.

Initiative
Dog man Init 23 AC 28, -14 hp, -30 hp, -30 hp, -23 hp
Bear Int -- AC 16, -5 hp
Mahdi Init 20
Otah Init 17
Ami / Yeen Init 9
Aldebert Init 5 -18 hp, -58 hp, +22 hp, +16 hp, +13 hp
Pent Init 2


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

My apologies, we just finished a mini con this weekend (at which I got to hang out with Otah!)

Mahdi's fire elemental races into position at his instruction and swipes at the jackalman.

Slam, flank: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

(If that 16 manages to hit, the jackal owes me a Reflex save DC 11 or he's on fire for an additional Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3)

Mahdi walks forward, drawing his crossbow.


Maps: Travel

The elemental continues putting on a dazzling light show, adding nothing to the pool of blood that has gathered beneath the dog man's feet. Clearly swinging with the last bits of his strength, the man dog attacks Otah along with the bear. Though claws miss, twice an axe blade finds it's mark.

bear claw@Otah: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 (miss)
battleaxe @ Otah: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 2 = 30, dmg: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
battleaxe @ Otah: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 = 26, dmg: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
bite: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 2 = 22 (miss)

Round 6: All PCs now acting.

Initiative
Dog man Init 23 AC 28, -14 hp, -30 hp, -30 hp, -23 hp
Bear Int -- AC 16, -5 hp
Mahdi Init 20
Otah Init 17, -19 hp
Ami / Yeen Init 9
Aldebert Init 5 -18 hp, -58 hp, +22 hp, +16 hp, +13 hp
Pent Init 2


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 6, Initiative: 5

Status:
HP: 59/84, AC: 19 (F18/T14) Not included: +3 from Barkskin, +2 deflection vs Evil
Weapon Equipped: Great Sword
Conditions: Barkskin +3 (59/140m), -1 dex, MCPfE (3/80m), Prayer (3/7r)
GreatSword Attack BAB +8/+3, Str +2, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x))
Summon Mount: 0/1 (full round)
Smite Evil: 0/3 (Swift, +4 attack, +8 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 1/8 (Swift, 4d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued or diseased)
Pearl of Power (first) 1/2
Spells (caster level 5, concentration +9, DC 14+)
1) Hero’s Defiance, Timely Inspiration
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 55/55 AC: 18 (F16/T12) Not included: +4 mage armor
Fort: 7 Reflex: 7 Will: 4 BAB: +5 CMB: 8 CMD: 20 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/8h)
Tricks: Aid, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +5, Str +3, Amulet +1 Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Amulet +1

Gretiem presses his attack on the jackal, unaware just how tough he is to hit, he thrashes aggressively.
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 1 = 28 (prayer) damage: 2d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6, 1) + 5 + 1 = 13 (prayer)

Aldebert presses his attacks on the dog-man, hoping at last to drop him! (still no power attack)
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 3 = 26 (prayer, flank) damage: 1d10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10 (prayer)
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 3 = 28 (prayer, flank) damage: 1d10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6 (prayer)

(Yay! I finally connected, though I'm still less impressive than Gretiem who's hit twice now. Extra kibble for him tonight!)

"Well done Gretiem!" Aldebert shouts, clearly happy with his efforts.

"Now Otah - you've been the man this fight - finish him!"

He then 5' steps out of flank to give room for others to play.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 6, Init 9

"Time to face the claw of Sarenrae! Your Rough God will not save you from the holy tooth!!" Ami yells, moving Yeen into flank after Aldebert strikes and moves. Editor note: It's holy tooth for Yeen, holy toots for Pent.

Ami:
1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 26 to hit; (slingstaff, melee,prayer+flank)
1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9 damage.

1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 25 to hit; (slingstaff, melee,prayer)
1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8 damage.

Yeen:
1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 30 to hit; (bite,DF,prayer+flank)
1d6 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 13 damage.
1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 14 + 1 + 2 = 27 CMB to grab

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 19 to hit; (claw,DF,prayer)
1d4 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 13 damage.

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 33 to hit; (claw,DF,prayer)
1d4 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 13 damage.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 24+2 vs. evil; Yeen: 20+3+4+3 (shield of faith)=30+2 vs. evil (barkskin, mage armor,MCPFE10)
HP: Ami: 33/51; Yeen: 63/63

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+4+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+12+2+1[/dice] to hit; (bite,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d6+8+2[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+14+1[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+12+2+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+12+2+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 43/8 used (DF*4)
Lvl 2: 3/7 used (barkskin*3)
Lvl 3: 4/6 used (MCPfE10*3, SM3)
Lvl 4: 2/4 used (AirWalk,CCW )
Extend Rod: 2/3 used

Yeen.: Mage Armor,DF,Barkskin,SoF,MCPfE10
Ami:


Maps: Travel

Alderbert's persistence pays off he and Gretim end the dog man's growling. In addition to being able to easily retrieve the keys that Father Jackal dropped earlier, his breastplate, battleaxe, six throwing axes, and gauntlets all seem worth keeping.

Identify, take 10:
Gauntlets of power. Breastplate and battleaxe are both +1.

Combat is over.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah stands over the fallen foe. He looks up to give Aldebert an acknowledging nod before bending his neck to look down at the jackal. "This makes no lick of sense. Perhaps his crazy infected his minions."


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent moves over to Aldebert, converting an alternate gift of Sarah's to something more pertipotent, and planting it between the half's shoulderblades.

CSW: 3d8 + 7 ⇒ (8, 2, 7) + 7 = 24

"Odie!! Follow me!!"

He moves to pick up the keys, then bolts for the stone door before, hoping to find a living, breathing Rayhan. He stops at the door, inspecting his measly Sarah Stone Shaping, and promises himself to practice it when he gets renewed in the next day or two.

He applies the key(s), and pursues the next door, where he applies the key(s). "Rayhan?! Rayhan!! You there?!"


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Status:
HP: 83/84, AC: 19 (F18/T14) Not included: +3 from Barkskin, +2 deflection vs Evil
Weapon Equipped: Great Sword
Conditions: Barkskin +3 (59/140m), -1 dex, MCPfE (3/80m), Prayer (3/7r)
GreatSword Attack BAB +8/+3, Str +2, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x))
Summon Mount: 0/1 (full round)
Smite Evil: 0/3 (Swift, +4 attack, +8 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 1/8 (Swift, 4d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued or diseased)
Pearl of Power (first) 1/2
Spells (caster level 5, concentration +9, DC 14+)
1) Hero’s Defiance, Timely Inspiration
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 55/55 AC: 18 (F16/T12) Not included: +4 mage armor
Fort: 7 Reflex: 7 Will: 4 BAB: +5 CMB: 8 CMD: 20 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/8h)
Tricks: Aid, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +5, Str +3, Amulet +1 Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Amulet +1

"Thanks for that Pent. I'm almost as good as new."

He quickly gathers up anything his brother says is glowing and throws it on Gretiem. He then follows Pent to find Rayhan - just in case there's another jailer in the works.

Treasure Questions:
What are Gauntlets of Power? Also, are the hand axes magical, or just masterwork? Thanks!


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami doesn't try to hold back Yeen as the cat pounces on the fallen Jackal, ripping and rending with claw and other claw and other other claw. He giggles happily as the cat grabs the Jackal by the neck and swings the upper body to and fro, trying to separate the head from the body.

Only when that is done does Ami follow the rest to find Rayhan...important things must be done in order, and killing the servants of evil was much more important than rescuing a stuffy old wizardjerk.

2d8 + 8 ⇒ (3, 1) + 8 = 12 CMW on Ami


Maps: Travel

Treasure answer:
ogre power, missed a word on the gauntlets. Throwing axes are normal. Also, forgot the two shield of faith +4 potions and tan bag of tricks.

Pent finds Rayhan in a pit below grating. Only 4 feet deep and caked with filth and two inches of seawater the man is alive, but in sorry shape. Rayhan's hands bound to his feet and he is gagged.

Unbinding Rayhan:
"Please, just get me out of here." Rayhan is suffering from mild hypothermia (reducing his Strength to 3) and has only 1d4 ⇒ 3 hit points.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert immediately pulls out a couple scrolls of lessor restoration, and casts them on Rayhan to help his movements.
Strength restoration: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

He gives him his cloak for warmth and looks to Pent, or his brother, to provide some healing. ”We need to fix you up at least a little sir, before we move. There could be others still down here who wish us harm. We must be careful.”

He offers Rayhan Gretiem to ride. ”He’s got a sort of odd gait, but once you get used to it, it’s better than walking by far. And Gretiem’s bite just might save you if you’re attacked.”

”Also, we have your things when you’re strong enough to carry them, but perhaps there is an item or two you wish now.” he offers to continue carrying whatever of Rayhan’s he needs to, but gives the rest back.

With that, he’s ready to go and get the wizard to safety.

Treasure Talk for the Party:
A couple things to start thinking about as we have some loot to sort out, and some to sell.

We’ve agreed, I think, to buy the following as a group. Let me know if you disagree with any point and we can reexamine if we need to: Scroll Breath of Life (1125) x2, Wand CLW (750), Wand Knock (4500)

Do we need two wands of CLW maybe? We can afford it, and now’s the time if we want to stock up. Yeah, let’s get two - any opposed?

Mahdi, there’s a Wand of Scorching Ray (10 chgs) available for you if you want it. Otherwise we’ll sell it.

We picked up two wands of Cure Moderate Wounds. Shall we give one to Pent and one to Amiamble for good coverage? The two wands have 45 and 32 charges. Please sort out who gets which and track the charges. I’ll note the items went to the group on the sheet.

Otah, do you want the Gauntlets of Ogre Power? They’re a +2 to strength. I could use them too, as could Amiamble probably, but I’m likely to buy a belt pretty soon so I’d rather not take it.

The Bag of Tricks (link) is nice, but so is the 16,000gp price tag. I’d like to sell that if we can, but could be convinced otherwise.

Otah, you should take a potion of shield of faith +4 AC. Amiamble, do you want the other one or should I take it? I fear I’m unlikely to use it as I have other spells and whatnot I could be buffing in the short time I usually have to prepare.

Finally, we have a Bag of Holding, type II to help us carry loot. I forgot to note who’s carrying it though. I consider it a group item, but someone needs to track it’s weight and the like. Who wants it?
- - -

Treasure Talk for GM Lareg:
One more question. How much are the rubies (link) worth?
- - -


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami catches up to the party as Rayhan is being removed from the hole. Taking a moment to access the situation, Ami, after a quick glance at the gnome, goes to help the old-grump-who-kicked-them-out-for-totally-no-reason (according to Ami).

He begins to do some small healing on Rayhan, knowing he can't fix everything wrong with the man (or the entire City) so easily.

1d4 ⇒ 4 lsr restoration (str)
1d4 ⇒ 2 lsr restoration (con or str)
4d8 + 8 ⇒ (8, 3, 1, 8) + 8 = 28 healing (CCW)

Ami doesn't trust himself to ask Rayhan if that is better, but he hopes so.


Maps: Travel

Rayhan takes his clothing and spell components. "Yes, if you could carry the rest while you show me the way out of this place that would be greatly appreciated."

Treasure:
Rubies are worth 3000 gp


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Treasure talk - party:
I'd love the scorching ray wand! And I'll carry the bag of holding if nobody else wants it, I'm not carrying much weight-wise.

Mahdi will identify the discovered items dutifully, but he has an immediate priority first! He rushes over to Rayhan as he is freed, offering his very own hands to the man despite how filthy and covered in seawater he is. Some sacrifices must be made! Such as getting one's own robes potentially dirty!

"Master Rayhan, we are so overjoyed to see you still alive, and if it is any comfort, the foul brutes responsible for this nastiness have been very well dealt with, sir. Please, allow me--"

A quick casting of prestidigitation cleanses Rayhan of the filth and muck of his imprisonment, though the spells of the others do more for his real health. "Can we get you anything? A hot drink? A hot bath? The head of the Jackal on a pike? It's right over there--"

Mahdi absently examines the items that have been set aside as he speaks, and mutters to Aldebert what this-or-that item is. (Doing the take 10, etc).

"Master Rayhan, I must ask-- do you have any insights as to who was behind all this? We met a most disconcerting creature earlier in the complex that seemed to think it had been manipulating the Jackal."


Maps: Travel

"I'm afraid I only saw my captors near my home when I was subdued. I woke up here, where ever here is."


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent is overjoyed as Rayhan is finally revealed to be alive, and mostly well. Well, mostly in a well. When the halfs begin their restorative healing of their ex-host, Pent nods in satisfaction. Sarah, you Sweetheart, You. Look at Your work here, restoring the old man to health again, through half-hands, no less.

Suddenly, Pent perks up, producing Rayhan's Gem of True Seeing. He looks the old man over, making truly, madly sure that this is, in fact, Rayhan. For all the deceptions in the world, he can't be too sure. He tucks the Gem away, only after Rayhan suggests he still needs help carrying his gear.

The gnome listens as the strike team tries to assess the situation further, for captors, for debriefing the codger. It doesn't surprise him to learn that Rayhan has been kept in the Dark, since his captivity. It bristles him to see what he's been pulled through, but it feels like they'll have the time now to make it up to him.

When it appears that they're in the clear, Pent picks up the Bag of Tricks. He opens it, looking into its interior, before reaching his hand into it, not at all interested in putting his mitt directly into the maw of a bear hiding inside. Reassuring himself that there is no further furball to be fetched, he tucks the Bag under his belt. Patting it proudly, he proceeds to escort Rayhan from the jackal's den.


Maps: Travel

The journey from below the dockside warehouse goes without interruption. Rayhan is tired and weak, resting often. It seems he has little to eaten as when he wretches at the sight of the many dead it is but a dry, quickly hacking sound. Holding his sides, he sits when he needs to. Often waving a hand about for help up, so out of breath he doesn't bother to speak. At light of the warehouse windows he winces. Pausing against a crate to let himself adjust before moving toward the exit.

"So what happened? How did you find me?"


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami isn't so anxious to leave, but follows the party on. He has doubts and more growing concern.

He does not answer Rayhan and instead sidles up to his brother.

halfling@Aldebert:
"Brother! We should burn this hive of evil to the ground. Let it serve as a warning to others who would serve the Rough Beast. Let all know what happens when people rob & kidnap what should rightfully belong to the Light!" Ami engages withe Aldebert. "Also, this building hides a deep and dark pit that will serve as a beacon to other creatures that fear the Light. We should expose it and let the Sun in."


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision
Rayhan wrote:
"So what happened? How did you find me?"

Pent keeps alongside Rayhan, stopping when he stops, holding his side when the old man does, sitting when Rayhan sits. To try and get the old man to forget about the deaths lying about, Pent does his best to account for the time since the abduction at Rayhan's villa.

"Kazim, Pactmaster Pup, told us of Father Jackal, and we knew Father Jackal's reputation in the Night Stalls. Sounded like you were pretty important, so he was likely going to squirrel you away nearby. We hardly gave ourselves time to prepare, after failing to prevent your abduction. We're very sorry of your abuse, master Rayhan. If the Jackal wished to act, I'm not sure how many more abductions you'll experience, before they get tired of trying. Perhaps your new circumstance is enough to convince you to help us finish our research on the Scroll?"


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert leans into his brother,

Halfling:
"You are right of course brother, although perhaps the purging flame is not a wise choice. It could spread into the city, causing more damage than we might want. I think notifying the forces of law what has been found here will be sufficient. It is they who will tear down this rot, now we've rooted it up from the ground."

He walks along, glad for Pent's description of events, though he winces a little at bringing up the scroll so soon. Let the man rest a moment... he thinks, but says nothing.

Pent:
You OK with tracking the wand of cure moderate wounds (45 charges)?


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Treasure Talk:

Potion of Shield of Faith +4, Gauntlets of Ogre Power; both sound good and Otah will take them if you're holding out for a belt.

If it helps, we can assume the dwarf whose speed isn't affected by such things can carry the bag.

The consumables mentioned seem like a good idea. A wand of Knock seems better than Pent's Stone Shape ;)

Otah winces at the mention of the Scroll.

Stopping for a second, he looks for a broom or sturdy pole of some sort about the warehouse to offer Rayhan as an assistant to his walking.

"The Jackal's followers weren't able to hide their tracks from their pursuit by halflings and cats. His followers seem to be mostly dead, unwilling to show regard for their own survival." the dwarf shakes his head, clearly annoyed.

"Should we call some authorities, or just leave their bodies here for vagrants?"


Maps: Travel

Nodding, as if remembering what he was working on. "Yes, I'd very much like to continue my research. So it would seem whoever took me didn't get it then?" Rayhan looks around as if the crates might be listening. Looking toward the exit he thinks twice before moving on. It seems he is unsure about speaking openly.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
Otah Cragsmith wrote:
"Should we call some authorities, or just leave their bodies here for vagrants?"

Ami spins on Yeen to face and answer Otah.

"Don't you think we should burn it all down? So that no one has to worry about such things? Purging fire that allows the light of the Sun is best, don't you think?"

Ami doesn't feel like speaking to Rayhan, knowing that such interactions have been the source of chaos in the past. He waits for others to answer the man's questions.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)
GM Lareg wrote:
Nodding, as if remembering what he was working on. "Yes, I'd very much like to continue my research. So it would seem whoever took me didn't get it then?" Rayhan looks around as if the crates might be listening. Looking toward the exit he thinks twice before moving on. It seems he is unsure about speaking openly.

"I don't know sir. Let's get you home and find out how bad the damage is."

Aldebert does everything he can to make the mans journey a more pleasant one.

As he walks, he suggests, "We need to notify the authorities as Otah suggests. While I like the idea of burning the building to the ground, I fear what might happen should the fire spread. So let's let the formal law dig down and clean up anything we may have missed."

"I'm sure we got the root of it, here at least, so there should be little for them to do."

He walks Rayhan home.


Maps: Travel

Rayhan makes it out of the dock area before having to rest again. His pace slowing significantly he continues to walk along for another hour before sitting and holding his hand up, signally a stop. "I'm afraid I cannot make it much further. Might we be able to find a wagon or hire a mount? I'm not as young as I once was."

In easy order whatever transportation the party agrees on is found for Rayhan. The man is silently carried the remainder of the journey. His home is reached by daybreak, with the setting sun providing enough light to see that the place has been left just as it was with the only disarray being from earlier altercations. Rayhan nods silently at seeing the library as he left it, notes having tumbled to the floor - but nothing missing.

"I'm going to sleep now. I'll tidy up in the morning." With that Rayhan returns to his room and is fast asleep in moments.

During the entire journey there is no sign the group has been followed. If anything, it seems all of you are given wider birth in the crowded parts of town. The guards at the gate do not even bother stopping you on the way out, but offer simple nods of acknowledgement.

So I'm seeing contact with authorities planned. Any other matters? Shopping seems assumed.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Oh, I thought he was already riding Gretiem, as offered here (link). If he's uncomfortable with the great lizard, that's totally understandable, and we'll get a cart and horse to take him home in comfort.

Aldebert suggests staying and keeping guard until Rayhan has had a good rest. "Maybe even have some of us stay with him while the others shop so we know he's protected."

While the party guards the grounds, Aldebert chats a little about the things they have to sell.

Please check the treasure sheet (link) and let me know if you want anything noted 'to sell'.

He eyes the bag at Pent's belt, "Did you want to keep that Pent? I can see you throwing down a lion in battle now and again, but I'd like to sell it if you're not too attached. It's worth quite a bit I think."

He also addresses a concern that has been brewing for some time. "Mahdi here has been getting the short end of the stick I'm afraid, and I'd like to make it up to him. See, we divide the treasure equally, after we cherry-pick a few fine items for ourselves. That's been mostly working out, except for poor Mahdi here who hasn't found much he feels is worth keeping."

Aldebert takes out a ledger and notes the various distributions to any who care to examine it. When he's thoroughly laid out the trouble, he suggests a solution.

"I say, if Pent is agreeable, we sell the bag of tricks and give the proceeds entirely to Mahdi. Then we split the rest as usual. That will bring us all back into alignment more or less as you can see from these figures here." he points to the ledger again.

Basically I want to give Mahdi some extra loot since he's fallen behind in Wealth By Level from the rest of us. Pent, if you want to keep the bag that's totally cool - I'll just grab a couple other items for Mahdi. Is everyone OK with this? I just want to be fair in the distribution of wealth.


Maps: Travel

I missed the offer of Gretiem. We'll say Rayhan claimed he could walk and then was too tired to recall the offer. If reminded of the offer he would accept.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami checks out the house thoroughly for lingering bad guys before looking ready to leave again.

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27 Perception (bad things)

"He is safe. House looks safe. Shall we go?" Ami looks to Aldebert.


Maps: Travel

The house is free of intruders.


Maps: Travel

In the morning Rayhan rises late. Even before he stirs his servant returns to the him, having heard of the rescue. Apparently word of the party's deeds has circulated.

With a warm porridge to welcome him and plenty to share, Rayhan returns to his work. As the party goes about their business for the day the scholar gives word when he sees them next.

"I hope to have this mystery unraveled in a week. Do let me know if you hear of any more threats or parties looking to buy. At some point I will need to see the object in question. Assuming you all want this mystery unraveled."

6,851 to 6,900 of 10,988 << first < prev | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.