GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire (Inactive)

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


7,101 to 7,150 of 10,988 << first < prev | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | next > last >>

CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

(That'll have to be next round since I already acted this one, but there may be other things more useful to do, like possibly:)

Noting Aldebert's hesitation, Mahdi says from his position in the air, "Bunch back together, I'll speed your feet. I thought it would stand to fight us, not flee."


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent watches as the gorgon retreats. "Did it need a reason to attack us? Or does it just run away, as our challenge. If that's the case, why didn't they set it up as a Golden Chicken? Or a Golden Gazelle? Or a Golden Rabbit? Rams are supposed to stand their ground, stubbornly, aren't they?" Pent certainly doesn't show any signs of eagerness to pursue the creature, so looks ready to do Mahdi's bidding by staying back.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Mahid's up at the top of round three, now. I go at the end of round two, but am delaying until after Mahdi in round three. It's all still before the Ram goes again so that doesn't matter. :)

Aldebert checks his positioning with Pent and his brother and waits for the speed, smiling, eager to bring the fight to the departing ram.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Round Three: PCs acting. I'll edit the Init track, but wanted to confirm. So I have Mahdi, Otah, and the addition of Aldebert acting prior to Golden Ram. Other's delaying?

Init Track
Mahdi Init 30
Otah Init 23
Golden Ram Init 21
Aldebert init 13
Ami (w/ Yeen) Init 12
Pent Init 7


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami and Yeen hold their place in the air, waiting to charging after the beast.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 2, Init 7

Recognizing the need to wait a spell for Mahdi to wave a spell, Pent wages a spell on Otah, lending him a similar strength, before he rushes forward. "Oh, Sarah, bring Odie the bull, but only to his arms! He brags up and down he's already got it down bull-ow, and I take him at his word! Let him swing more strongly, but only in his arms! Don't need him tripping over himself during the chase! Dwarves only know how to run on two legs, not three!"

Cast Bull's Strength on the Dwarf


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi sighs irritably and waves his hand, dispelling the wall of force. The previously flattened grass springs back into being. "Right, well if you all want to charge the creature I've said can turn you to statues, and if you all insist on being spread out like flung sesame seeds, carry on I suppose."

Dispel wall. Fly 60' after the ram, staying at altitude 65' feet up


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Going to use Mahdi's position to gauge relative distance from the ram. (50 feet west of ram, 65 feet up). Please provide positioning OOC accordingly as tracking a chase isn't going to work in Roll20 until I set up a differently scaled map.

Round 2 Aldebert and Otah now acting.

Init Track
Mahdi Init 30
Aldebert Delayed from R2
Otah Init 23
Golden Ram Init 21
- Aldebert init 13 -
Ami (w/ Yeen) Init 12
Pent Init 7

Positioning. Ami (w/Yeen) 70 ft W of ram. How high? | Aldebert 85 ft W of ram | Pent 90 ft W of ram | Otah 125 W of ram.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 3, Initiative: 29

Status:
HP: 94/94, AC: 23 (F22/T14) Not included: +4 vs Golden Ram
Conditions: Blessings of Fervor (1/9r), Mirror Image (1/12m)(4/4 images), Smite on Golden Ram
Weapon Equipped: greatsword
GreatSword Attack BAB +9/+4, Str +2, Focus +1, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x))
Summon Mount: 1/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 2/3 (Swift, +4 attack, +9 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 8/8 (Swift, 4d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2
Spells (caster level 6, concentration +10, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Hero’s Defiance, Timely Inspiration
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 62/62 AC: 25 (F22/T13) Included: +4 mage armor
Fort: 8 Reflex: 8 Will: 4 BAB: +5 CMB: 10 CMD: 23 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/9h)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +6, Str +4, Amulet +1 Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Amulet +1

Aldebert, sensing he has angered the wizard, worries a bit about the consequences of such an action, but decides he can’t apologize now. He worries more about being turned to stone, but he has no defense against that either. Uneasily, he continues.

”Sorry Mahdi…” he mumbles.

Aldebert mounts Gretiem as quickly as he can.
Ride: 1d20 + 17 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 17 - 2 = 33 (armor) vs DC 20 for fast mount.

He leaps into the saddle (free), draws his greatsword (move), and uses Blessings of Fervor to Extend a casting of Mirror Image (1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4) (standard).

He’ll further focus his attention and Smite the golden beast. (swift).

”Hey you great golden ram. The wall is down - why don’t you come and play!”


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Damage roll for the smite?


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Oh, I'm not attacking as yet - too far away... Just warming up my hatred of the evil beast if it's evil.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Ok. Let me know if you decide to do a detect :-)

Round 3: Otah now acting.

Pending Otah's action.

The Golden Ram continues to move away.

Positioning:
Mahdi 130 feet W of ram, 65 feet up.
Ami (w/Yeen) 150 ft W of ram. How high?
Aldebert 165 ft W of ram
Pent 170 ft W of ram
Otah 205 ft W of ram


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Thanks Lareg. Currently I'm too far away... but it's on the docket.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
Amiamble Piddlespot wrote:
He casts Air Walk on Yeen and they both climb up to 15' off the ground.

Ami and Yeen can't wait to begin the chase or combat, whichever.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

GMPC: Otah rushes forward (double move). I'm assuming here that Pent can still get the spell off. But holler if I'm wrong about that.

Round 3: All PCs now acting.


Init Track
Mahdi Init 30
Aldebert Delayed from R2
Otah Init 23
Golden Ram Init 21
- Aldebert init 13 -
Ami (w/ Yeen) Init 12
Pent Init 7

Positioning:
Mahdi 130 feet W of ram, 65 feet up.
Ami (w/Yeen) 150 ft W of ram. 15 feet up.
Aldebert 165 ft W of ram
Pent 170 ft W of ram
Otah 165 ft W of ram


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 3, Init 17

With the race on, Ami and Yeen race after the Ram, trying to circle it back towards the others. Run action: x3 + BoF = 210'. The move up a bit higher 20' above ground and past the Ram...about 30' to the East.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 26 Yeen: 23+4+4=31 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 67/67; Yeen: 80/80

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+4+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+13+2+1[/dice] to hit; (bite,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d6+8+2[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+14+1[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+13+2+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+13+2+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 0/8 used (DF*0)
Lvl 2: 0/7 used (barkskin*0)
Lvl 3: 2/7 used (mag vest*2)
Lvl 4: 0/5 used ( )
Extend Rod: 2/3 used (mag vest*2)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,DF,Barkskin,SoF,MCPfE10
Ami:


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

I think it's probable Otah intended to drive the carriage forward, given that it was his last action to move towards it, but it's about to be a moot point.)

Mahdi flies down to near the ground again and casts a spell to speed everyone's collective feet, save Ami who is already sped after the ram.

Fly back and down so that I'm 160' W of ram and 10' off the ground. Caste haste on myself, Otah, Aldebert, Gretiem, and Pent.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Mahdi, are those round four actions?


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 4, Initiative: 29

Status:
HP: 94/94, AC: 23 (F22/T14) Not included: +4 vs Golden Ram, +1 dodge (Haste)
Conditions: Blessings of Fervor (2/9r), Mirror Image (1/12m)(4/4 images), Smite on Golden Ram, Haste (1/9r)
Weapon Equipped: greatsword
GreatSword Attack BAB +9/+4, Str +2, Focus +1, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x))
Summon Mount: 1/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 2/3 (Swift, +4 attack, +9 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 8/8 (Swift, 4d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2
Spells (caster level 6, concentration +10, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Hero’s Defiance, Timely Inspiration
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 62/62 AC: 25 (F22/T13) Included: +4 mage armor Not included: +1 dodge (Haste)
Fort: 8 Reflex: 8 Will: 4 BAB: +5 CMB: 10 CMD: 23 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/9h)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +6, Str +4, Amulet +1 Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Amulet +1

Appreciative of the hastening, Aldebert speeds Gretiem along to catch up. Gretiem runs (160’ move) to close with the great Ram.

Aldebert, as soon as he’s in range, concentrates on the Ram, using his ability to Detect Evil as he closes.
Concentration: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 vs DC 16 (vigorous motion)


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Woops. yeah, sorry, jumped the gun there, I saw the 'All PCs now acting' for round 3 up above and got ahead of myself. You might want to delay to get the haste properly Aldebert.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Er, I did delay already. I go after you, which is now, round four, prior to the beast. I think there's some confusion as to where we are in rounds, but I'm pretty sure we're up now.

Lareg? Is that not the case? If not, I obviously am also waiting.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Not sure we need haste at all if Blessing of Fervir is up. Seems redundant.

Ami snarls down at the beast, knowing that it is Sarenrae's will that he hunt this beast.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

I missed that BOF was up, sorry Pent. I mean, people can take the haste boost for speed and the BOF for attack, but since I jumped the gun anyway, feel free to run after the ram with the BOF speed if you want, people


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Still on round 3. Was just planning to catch up with the round 4 actions as you and Mahdi go before ram like you mentioned. Just wanted to make sure I had Mahdi's actions in the right place.

Round 3: Otah and Pent now acting.

Init Track
Mahdi Init 30
Aldebert Delayed from R2
Otah Init 23
Golden Ram Init 21
- Aldebert init 13 -
Ami (w/ Yeen) Init 12
Pent Init 7

Positioning:
Mahdi 130 feet W of ram, 65 feet up.
Ami (w/Yeen) 150 ft W of ram. 15 feet up.
Aldebert 165 ft W of ram
Pent 170 ft W of ram
Otah 165 ft W of ram


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Sorry guys, was dealing with a sick cat. (She's better today.)

Otah finds himself mysteriously forward in position, perhaps because he unwittingly overstepped due to the increase in speed and strength given to him by his allies.

He runs back to the cart to grab the reins, and urges the chariot forward.

The intent here was to command the chariot to overrun/bullrush the beast thing here, and dive off before the breath weapon came out to play. Essentially using the scary magical mounts to take the brunt of the assumed stony-cloud attack.

Ride if necessary: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

@Otah. Going to retcon a bit. Otah did not run forward as I thought he did last round. Instead he got on the chariot and got it going. The rest of the specifics below are based on the spell descriptions for the chariot being quasi-real.

Otah gets on the chariot and charges forward, its soundless charge goes unnoticed by the ram. As Otah let's out groan as he lands on the ground, the ram turns. The creature sniffs and continues its run. The chariot runs over the ram, it's quasi-real form minimally impacting the creature.

Round 3: Pent now acting. Assuming double move

Detect evil:
The ram is not evil.

The ram continues to move ahead. Double move

Round 4: Otah (prone), Ami (w/ Yeen), and Pent now acting.

Init Track
Mahdi Init 30
Aldebert Delayed from R2
Otah Init 23
Golden Ram Init 21, -3 hp
- Aldebert init 13 -
Ami (w/ Yeen) Init 12
Pent Init 7


Positioning:
Mahdi 240 feet W of ram, 10 feet up.
Ami (w/Yeen) 20 feet W of ram. 20 feet up.
Aldebert 85 ft W of ram
Pent 250 (170) ft W of ram
Otah 165 ft W of ram


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 3, Init 7

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 59/59
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Blessing of Fervor, Haste

Pent watches as the others chase after the ram with their varying approaches and speeds. He debates riding with Otah on the chariot, then thinks better of it, as the squat dwarf makes a mad attempt at using it as some kind of a force weapon. He decides to keep up with everyone, not interested in being left behind in the unusual forest. He keeps his distance, respecting the ram's potent breath weapon.

Double move is fine, Pent's not interested in killing the retreating animal.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah uses the haft of his weapon to right himself, noting that the Ram did not take the bait.

"Huh. Thought that might work." He trots forward to the same distance as Pent, cautiously paranoid of being turned to stone.

Just because I like living in it, doesn't mean I want to be it.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Pent continues toward the ram, Otah follows the gnome after getting up off his backside.

Round 4: Pent (assuming continued movement) and Ami (w/ Yeen) now acting.

Init Track
Mahdi Init 30
Aldebert Delayed from R2
Otah Init 23
Golden Ram Init 21, -3 hp
- Aldebert init 13 -
Ami (w/ Yeen) Init 12
Pent Init 7

Positioning:
Mahdi 240 feet W of ram, 10 feet up.
Ami (w/Yeen) 20 feet W of ram. 20 feet up. (Is close enough to attack ram this round.)
Aldebert 85 ft W of ram
Pent 170 (90 if 2x move this round) ft W of ram
Otah 165 ft W of ram


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 4, Init 7

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 59/59
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Blessing of Fervor, Haste

Pent continues to keep a healthy distance from the creature able to turn living beings into highly-detailed stony structures. "Any chance we can end this quickly? This is going to get exceedingly tedious if you can't keep up with it, let alone allow it to remain intact. In any successful hunt, you either provoke the beast into standing its ground, or you injure it into losing ground, due to incapacitation or blood loss or slowly creeping existential crisis. You think the creature knows its fate, created for others to prey upon it?"

Double move, of course


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 4, Init 17

Ami casts divine favor on Yeen, readying the cat for combat while doing little else. Ami gives time for his brother and others to get closer so the hunt may continue.

Yes, Yeen! Pen the prey! You know this!

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 26 Yeen: 23+4+4=31 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 67/67; Yeen: 80/80

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+4+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+13+2+1[/dice] to hit; (bite,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d6+8+2[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+14+1[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+13+2+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+13+2+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 0/8 used (DF*0)
Lvl 2: 0/7 used (barkskin*0)
Lvl 3: 2/7 used (mag vest*2)
Lvl 4: 0/5 used ( )
Extend Rod: 2/3 used (mag vest*2)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,DF,Barkskin,SoF,MCPfE10
Ami:


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Round 5 Mahdi, Aldebert, and Otah now acting.

Init Track
Mahdi Init 30
Aldebert Delayed from R2
Otah Init 23
Golden Ram Init 21, -3 hp
- Aldebert init 13 -
Ami (w/ Yeen) Init 12
Pent Init 7


Positioning:
Mahdi 240 feet W of ram, 10 feet up.
Ami (w/Yeen) 20 feet W of ram. 20 feet up. (Is close enough to attack ram this round.)
Aldebert 85 ft W of ram
Pent 170 (90 if 2x move this round) ft W of ram
Otah 165 ft W of ram


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

The dwarf growls to himself something impolite about the nature of the ram and trundles forward, closing into charge distance.

My understanding is that haste is up? Which would let the dwarf move towards the ram 150ft. Not attacking yet, just closing into a distance where he could charge the following round.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"Someone, slam the ram, already! Ram the damn ram!"


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 5, Initiative: 29

Status:
HP: 94/94, AC: 23 (F22/T14) Not included: +1 dodge (Haste), +2 dodge (BoF)
Conditions: Blessings of Fervor (3/9r), Mirror Image (1/12m)(4/4 images), Haste (2/9r)
Weapon Equipped: greatsword
GreatSword Attack BAB +9/+4, Str +2, Focus +1, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x))
Summon Mount: 1/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 2/3 (Swift, +4 attack, +9 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 8/8 (Swift, 4d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2
Spells (caster level 6, concentration +10, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Hero’s Defiance, Timely Inspiration
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 62/62 AC: 25 (F22/T13) Included: +4 mage armor Not included: +1 dodge (Haste)
Fort: 8 Reflex: 8 Will: 4 BAB: +5 CMB: 10 CMD: 23 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/9h), Haste (2/9r)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +6, Str +4, Amulet +1 Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Amulet +1

”It’s not evil, so let’s try not to kill it shall we? I don’t know what to do, though this is clearly our goal.” he shouts as Gretiem rushes the beast. Double move, including haste, takes me 110’, so Gretiem will circle around a little get in front of the beast and stop his fleeing.

Aldebert finally swings on the golden ram, but starts with a subduing stroke (attacking nonlethally)

Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 1 = 17 (haste, BoF, nonlethal) damage: 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

He uses the Blessings of Fervor for a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.

As the ram is not evil, my smite does not take and is wasted.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi hurries to get back in range of the fight, zipping through the air with the greatest of ease, the man on the flying trapeze.

(Run action, while flying: x4 move speed for 240 ft, going up on a diagonal to regain 65' altitude. If my math is right this should put Mahdi 230 ft of direct horizonal progress (well, 233~ but close enough. So let's say: 10 W of Ram, 65' up)


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

As Madhi, Aldebert, and Otah surround the ram greatsword flies toward the creature, missing. The ram steps back from this new attacker, its breath flowing from its mouth.

Fort DC 21, Sv for Aldebert, Ami (w/ Yeen), and Otah (60 ft cone). Fail:
You are petrified, turned into gold.

Round 5: Ami (w/ Yeen) and Pent now acting.

Init Track
Mahdi Init 30
Aldebert Delayed from R2
Otah Init 23
Golden Ram Init 21, -3 hp
- Aldebert init 13 -
Ami (w/ Yeen) Init 12
Pent Init 7

Positioning:
Mahdi 10 feet W of ram, 65 feet up.
Ami (w/Yeen) 20 feet W of ram. 20 feet up. (Is close enough to attack ram this round.)
Aldebert attacking ram
Pent 170 (90 if 2x move this round) ft W of ram
Otah 15 ft W of ram


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Fort Aldebert: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Fort Gretiem: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

GM Lareg:
I think this means poor Gretiem has 'died', and so this clause comes into effect:

Should the paladin's mount die, the paladin may not summon another mount for 30 days or until she gains a paladin level, whichever comes first. During this 30-day period, the paladin takes a –1 penalty on attack and weapon damage rolls.

As such, I'll take the -1 on attacks and damage until we reverse the golding, or I summon a new mount.

Aldebert watches in horror as Gretiem turns swiftly to gold. My noble steed!


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

I don't think Otah is in the cone as both Ami and Aldebert are to the east of the beast and Otah is to the west.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Fort vs. DC 21 (Ami)
1d20 + 10 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 5 = 33 Fort vs. DC 21 (Yeen)

In the midst of an angry war cry, Ami's voice cuts off...he shines gloriously in the sun. Yeen is confused by the additional weight.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Fort, Otah: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

The breath from the ram encompasses Ami and Gretiem. Both petrify into gold that shines in the sun. Aldebert and Otah are able to shake off the effects of the creature's breath.

Round 5: Yeen and Pent now acting.

Aldebert:
Thank you for your forthrightness. This is basically a modified version of a gorgon's petrify breath, if that makes any difference.

Init Track
Mahdi Init 30
Aldebert Delayed from R2
Otah Init 23
Golden Ram Init 21, -3 hp
- Aldebert init 13 -
Ami (w/ Yeen) Init 12 (Ami petrified)
Pent Init 7

Positioning:
Mahdi 10 feet W of ram, 65 feet up.
Ami (w/Yeen) 20 feet W of ram. 20 feet up. (Is close enough to attack ram this round.)
Aldebert attacking ram
Pent 170 (90 if 2x move this round) ft W of ram
Otah 15 ft W of ram


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

I'll take a 24! :)


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Yeen stands confused, unsure what is going on.

Aldebert can talk Yeen down (literally) after combat. He's not going to school on his own.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 5, Init 7

Pent decides that distance is the better part of prudence. With cat on cloud, and lizard on low, Pent roots on the less golden gents to finish the work, so they can figure out how to bring back the gorgonzola'd.

"That's a nifty self-defense mechanism. I thought it was supposed to smack 'em into stone, but gold should be good, too. Gretiem grows back his tail, right? If we're wise, we'd lop off the lizard's backside several times over, before restoring him. That ok with you, Aldi?"

Keep the distance, but keep some distance.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Round 6: Mahdi, Aldebert, and Otah now acting.

Init Track
Mahdi Init 30
Aldebert Delayed from R2 (Gretiem petrified)
Otah Init 23
Golden Ram Init 21, -3 hp
- Aldebert init 13 -
Ami (w/ Yeen) Init 12 (Ami petrified)
Pent Init 7

Positioning:
Mahdi 10 feet W of ram, 65 feet up.
Ami (w/Yeen) 20 feet W of ram. 20 feet up. (Is close enough to attack ram this round.)
Aldebert attacking ram
Pent 90 (at least 60) ft W of ram
Otah 15 ft W of ram


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi frowns down at the scene from above it, and gestures sharply, exploding golden dust around the bull. "Since you apparently like gold so much," he mutters. More loudly he says, "It's some... abnormal type of gorgon, apparently, I've only ever hear of them turning people to stone. Don't worry, Aldebert, there should be some way to fix your brother."

I hope.

Glitterdust on Ram, Will save DC 17 or blinded


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah steps forward, grabbing the end of his horsechopper in one hand and thrusting it forward.

5-foot step, lunge, full attack. AC: 24 for the round

+1 Keen Cold Iron Horsechopper, full attack, moving, Bull Strength: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 2 + 1 = 24 for: 1d10 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 12
Horsechopper, Iterative: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 31 for: 1d10 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 18

oh hey, that keen upgrade may be paying off! Let's see...
Horsechopper, Iterative, moved, bull Strength: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 21 for an additional: 2d10 + 20 ⇒ (9, 6) + 20 = 35


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 6, Initiative: 29

Status:
HP: 94/94, AC: 23 (F22/T14) Not included: +1 dodge (Haste), +2 dodge (BoF)
Conditions: loss of paladin mount (-1att/dam), Blessings of Fervor (4/9r), Mirror Image (1/12m)(4/4 images), Haste (3/9r)
Weapon Equipped: greatsword
GreatSword Attack BAB +9/+4, Str +2, Focus +1, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x))
Summon Mount: 1/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 2/3 (Swift, +4 attack, +9 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 8/8 (Swift, 4d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2
Spells (caster level 6, concentration +10, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Hero’s Defiance, Timely Inspiration
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 62/62 AC: 25 (F22/T13) Included: +4 mage armor Not included: +1 dodge (Haste)
Fort: 8 Reflex: 8 Will: 4 BAB: +5 CMB: 10 CMD: 23 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/9h), Haste (2/9r)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +6, Str +4, Amulet +1 Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Amulet +1

Aldebert leaps off the Golden Gretiem, even as he sees his brother fall under the same fate.
"Ami!"

He nearly loses it completely when Mahdi’s voice cuts in and reminds him that his allies have great powers indeed. You’ll be fine brother! he hopes as he concentrates his efforts on the golden creature before him.

Ride: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 vs DC 20 to fast dismount

He attacks first nonlethally to soften it up, then lethally intent on dropping it where it stands. Also, I might be flanking with Otah, and will 5' step if I need to make that happen. However Otah is not on the map in the right place, so I don't know where to go.

Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 2 = 29 (haste, BoF, nonlethal, paladin) damage: 1d10 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 13 - 1 = 21 (paladin)
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28 (haste, BoF, paladin) damage: 1d10 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 13 - 1 = 21 (paladin)
Hasted Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 2 = 29 (haste, BoF, paladin) damage: 1d10 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 13 - 1 = 20 (paladin)

critthreat Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 - 2 = 20 (haste, BoF, nonlethal, paladin) damage: 1d10 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 13 - 1 = 18 (paladin)
critthreat Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17 (haste, BoF, paladin) damage: 1d10 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 13 - 1 = 21 (paladin)

He uses the Blessings of Fervor for a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Moved Otah on the map. He took a 5-foot step and lunged last round, so he currently isn't threatening to provide a flank. If the thing doesn't move next round, his nest 5-foot will still give a full and threaten for your flank.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

The creature begins sniffing heavily as it is struck blind. Although Otah's first strike misses, his following one finds its mark. The ram lurches momentarily surprised by the assault that it could not see, but as the third strike misses it relaxes again. It's sense of peace is quickly broken as a trio of blows by Aldebert's greatsword beat against it. The first, blunted strike visibly surprises the creature while the other two make it wince and yelp. It immediately steps back and begins to run away.

Ram withdraws. Move 80 ft.

Round 6: Yeen and Pent now acting.

Init Track
Mahdi Init 30
Aldebert Delayed from R2 (Gretiem petrified)
Otah Init 23
Golden Ram Init 21, AC 26. -3 hp, -18 hp, 21 NL, -41 hp.
- Aldebert init 13 -
Ami (w/ Yeen) Init 12 (Ami petrified)
Pent Init 7

Positioning:
Mahdi 90 feet W of ram, 65 feet up.
Ami (w/Yeen) 100 feet W of ram. 20 feet up.
Aldebert 80 w of ram
Pent 170 (at least 140) ft W of ram
Otah 80 ft w of ram

GM:
Ref: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

If it is in fact blinded, it can't withdraw.

"Withdrawing from melee combat is a full-round action. When you withdraw, you can move up to double your speed. The square you start out in is not considered threatened by any opponent you can see, and therefore visible enemies do not get attacks of opportunity against you when you move from that square. Invisible enemies still get attacks of opportunity against you, and you can't withdraw from combat if you're blinded."

It does get an additional save at the end of every round, Will DC 17 again, to try and throw off the blindness.

7,101 to 7,150 of 10,988 << first < prev | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.