GM Fanguar's Savage Tide (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

High adventure on the high seas.
Current Map


551 to 600 of 2,578 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Doh! Forgot to change the icon. One of the many affect of being on codeine.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Excuse us good ladies. Justified says as he lays the body down. We are under attack from thieves and need shelter from their position on the roofs in this ally. He will try not to alarm the ladies further but will take cover to the side of the door and assess the situation.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

I fear he's quite dead.


"Oh Gods!! an old woman wails. "They've gone and killed him. They've killed Tom!! Murderers!! Someone get the watch!

Taking the older woman's wails literally, one of the younger kitchen aids makes a break for the other exit from the kitchen. There's an AoO for you if you want it, Justified.

You can't just stand there. Deeper in or back out?

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Not wanting a title involving slayer of scullery maids Justified chooses not to take the AOO.

Moria, find us a way to the roof Justified says as he drags the dead man all the way into the kitchen and tries to quickly search him.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira stands straight up and performs a soldier's salute saying, "Yes sir!"

Immediately she springs into action and starts looking around the kitchen, looking for another way out, hopefully some stairs.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Hand crackling with barely contained fury born from his fiery heritage, Ignius nods stoically. This situation could be difficult to explain, and any guards that come will likely be in the purse of the thieves, a bit of petty larceny can be looked past, but murder will not be tolerated. We should move quickly.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

The alien sight of grippli and giant gecko do nothing to quell the panic.

Violence begets violence, violence begets violence... Help us, Lady.


Moira Know(local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

@Moira: You realize that you are most likely in an inn's kitchen. You know that most buildings in the city don't have designated roof access. You could climb up the side of the building through a window from the top story of the building you are in.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Double back... they won't expect it. Same way.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Realizing that there may be no internal way to the roof the rogue double backs to the alley-way door and looks out. If there is no sign of trouble then she will slowly make her way out.
Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Moving stealthily back out into the courtyard, Moira looks to the rooftops for their attackers, but none are to be found. Looking around you see little more than a few shattered crossbow bolts and a bloody trail leading into the inn. Your enemies appear to be gone.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified completes his looting of the body and then follows Moria out. Ladies. he says. Please inform the law this this fellow. Tom was it, and his crossbow wielding friends fell upon us and we were forced to defend ourselves. I fear Tom may be hurt. Please see to his wounds.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

"Looks like we are alone. We can head out. I'm gonna scope the main street."
Moira moves close to the walls of the alleyway and heads to the main street.
Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Keeping your eyes out for any other conspicuous figures on the roof tops, you make your way back to the relative safety of the busy main streets of Sassarine. Undeterred, you find the Taxidermist's guild hall and enter into its dim interior. As your eyes adjust, you are confronted by dozens of expertly stuffed and preserved animals, ranging from parrots, monkeys, and bats to more exotic creatures like a monstrous centipede, a stirge, and even a black dragon wyrmling.

A bell near the door bears a short sign, "Ring for Service."

(Just a reminder that in the note you found on Vanthus' partner's corpse said that you could find Vanthus beneath the taxidermist's shop.)

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Did Justified find anything of note on "Tom"?


Sorry, I missed that you looted him. You don't find anything of particular note, but he did have a belt pouch filled with 100gp worth of cut gems.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Nice. No weapons?

Once in the taxidermist's shot Justified begins to look around for a way down.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Eyeing the young woman who has proven quite adept as of late, Iginus nods as she riffles through the mans equipment before holding a bag of gems. Grab them and go.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Hey. Justified found the gems. :P


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira begins to casually wonder around the shop looking for anything odd, possibly looking for a hidden door of sorts.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


(sorry guys, being intentionally slow here. I want to bring on the extra PCs before we more on. I'm going to add Rast Hilden and one more. If you have an opinion on the other candidates in the the recruitment thread let me know ASAP)


retired

The door to the taxidermist's shop creaks as it opens, the shadow of a figure stretches across the floor as light spills into the shop. A tall, gruff looking man strides in, armor glinting plainly beneath the weathered cloak draped over his shoulders and arms. The man pauses in his step and surveys the room, scratching idly at his scruffy beard as he does so.

"Hmpf. You all fit Lavinia's description." He kicks the door open again and leans outside, "Hey, Rast! Yeah, they're in here." He lets the door close and moves farther into the room. "Lavinia gave us your names, but I've found more formal introductions tend to set people more at ease. The name's Graythan, though most just call me Gray. Lavinia asked us to help you track down Vanthus, said we might find you here."


Male Half-elf Cleric/2

Walking in casually with a shield on his back and trident leaning against his shoulder is a half-elf of average height dressed in an armored coat and a wooden medallion depicting Osprem's symbol displayed proudly on his chest.

"Yep. Fit the description they do. The name's Rast. That Lavinia has some sway to get the High Priest to send us from the Azure Cathedral to help out. Just let us know what you need and we will see what we can do."

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified looks skeptical at first, but when names are given and the Azure Cathedral is mentioned he warms a little.

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 1 lol, he would trust a drow a the moment.

Lavinia must have sent you to replace the strange little Grippi. He was a competent healer, if a little judgmental. Sorry to see him go, but glad we are getting you two to help My name is Justified. This is Moira and Ignius. We have it on good authority that there is a passage under this shot and leading into some kind of hideout. There should be a way down in here somewhere. We've just arrived and have not yet begun to look. And you know the deal: Vanthus is not to be hurt bad. He's gotta come out alive.


retired

"You believe Vanthus is involved with the Lotus Dragons somehow? Interesting." Graythan pulls the hood of his cloak down, revealing an unkempt shock of short, dark hair atop his head and ears that are pointed in a noticably un-elven manner. His eerily piercing blue eyes scan through room briefly before falling back on Moira, "Any luck finding anything that might suggest a hideout here?"


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Shrugging Ignius turns to the new arrivals. "I for one found Grun to be respectful and competent." Sighing the older magi gestures towards them. "Considering we have been attacked shortly after locating this place and nearly killed on an abandoned island, I tend to believe that this is the correct location. However how do we know you both are as you say? Our foes have set ambushes before. I wish I was not so paranoid, but there you have it." Frowning the man rubs his beard thoughtfully. "Did our employer provide some proof of validity?"

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Fanguar - Moira rolled a nat 20. She find anything?

Moira moves over to the new comers. She walks over to Rast, seductively shaking her hips, and begins to sniff the air around the cleric. "Hey handsome...what took you so long in coming into my life?" The young rogue begins to overly bat her eyelashes.

She then walks over to Gray and sniffs the air around him as well. "oh My....I have 2 more boy toys to play with. My day is improving."

The weird young rogue heads back to Justified saying, "Hey boss, they smell ok but I would suggest that they take a bath."


Male Half-elf Cleric/2

With a friendly smile, the half-eared half elf accepts Moira's advances without lifting a finger before saying, "That would be the smell of the sea on my form, something that any Ospremite wears with pride. I understand your trepidations, for we were told your description but you not ours. HoweverI can speak plainly the name of Lavinia Vanderboren, who asked the Cathedral for assistance. If that is not enough, I take my duty seriously and to prove that I be not a street thug..." Taking the medallion in hand, Rast steps to within thirty feet of Justified and states, "If you will permit." before intoning, "Osprem, Lady of the Waves, ensure the travels of your flock and those they travel with are done safely so that they may arrive at their destination." Though it was a blessing common for sending off ships, a sea breeze with the accompanying smell of salt fills the air around Rast, enveloping all in the area with a cooling sensation that eased any wounds felt. While those uninjured only felt the cooling breeze, Justified's pain noticeably lessons and his wound visibly mend.

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira starts to jump and clap her hands. She then bounces back between Justified and Ignius. "That was cool. Can we keep him?....Pleeeaaassssseee."

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified's wounds close completely. Yes. He says with a smile. I think we shall. My thanks. he says to Rast. I had caught a crossbow bolt in a back ally.


retired

"Troublesome places, back alleys." Ignoring the half elf's blatant flirtations, Graythan's left hand disappears into a pouch on his belt and emerges a moment later, tossing a small object through the air to Ignius. Lavinia's signet ring, the very same one recently recovered from the Blue Nixie, lands lightly in the aged man's hand. "Proof enough? Lavinia sent us. She'll want that back, though." He settles back then, hooking his left thumb on his belt. "Can we get down to business and find Vanthus now or do you need more credentials?"


Male Half-elf Cleric/2

Though they hadn't spent much time working together, Rast had spent enough time with Graythan during the man's visits to the Azure Cathedral to be accustomed to the mans gruff nature. "Yes, that is what he are here for. To be certain, we were told that Miss Vanderboren want's here brother unharmed if possible, yes? Any information that might help us catch up, so to speak, would be welcome." The half-elf's speech didn't seem to fit the clip-eared, smelling of sea salt image before you. Those that spent anytime in the Azure District however, would know that clerics of Osprem take pride in their enunciation to help be better understood no matter who they might talk with.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Nodding softly, the elder man examines the ring closely. Yes, that appears to be the same one. I for one am willing to accept this turn of events. I wasn't aware that our employer had other resources at her disposal, but considering we are short handed, I happy for the help. Eyes turning towards Moria, Ignius frowns. Perhaps not appropriate my dear. Sighing, the man turns and looks at the room in greater detail. Did you find anything of note?


@Moira:You catch sight of what might be the edge of a trapdoor in the floor towards the back of the shop.

All the racket has drawn the attention of the proprietor of this fine establishment. A tall, finely dressed man steps out of a back workroom and coughs politely to draw your attention.

"Nemien Roblach at your service. Are you looking to pick up or drop off?

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Neither good sir. We are here on other business. I am called Justified. It is a pleasure to meet you. The fighter, smiling cordially, closes the distance and offers to shake the man's hand.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira approaches Justified and Ignius and whispers "I think I found something....trap door in the back."


retired

Graythan steels his silver-blue eyes on Nemien, then narrows them as he focuses intently on the shopkeeper. His stare is a little unsettling in its intensity, but it also seems to be something the gruff bounty hunter has learned to turn to his advantage. He seems about to speak, but cuts himself off as Justified strides forward.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 + detect evil


@Graythan: Not evil. You can keep that SM in your pocket until you need it, if you would like.

Nemien smiles winningly and clasps Justified's hand.

"The pleasure's mine, I'm sure. Well, then Mr. Justified, what service can Sassarine's finest taxidermit's shop help you with today?'

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Playing it straight, Justified continues You are going to have a hard time believing this Mr. Roblach, but there is a criminal group operating under our very feet in our fair city, and we have it on very good authority that there is a passage leading into their den in this very shop. A young man is in danger and his sister has asked that we try to help him. I ask that you allow us to pass through the passage we believe to be hear to render that aid. He regards the man is he has asked the more reasonable of requests.


retired

Graythan maintains his unnerving stare as he continues to regard Nemien throughout the exchange.

Shifting detect evil to detect chaos =)


Male Half-elf Cleric/2

Rast simple stands int eh shop casually, but non the less, guaging the reaction of the shop keeper to the news that he might have an opening to a bandit den in his shop.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


@Graythan: Nope.

Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

"Well undoubtably the city is infested with criminals of all sorts and I have no doubt that they lurk even beneath our feet, but I highly doubt that there is any connection between those sort and my shop. Now, if your not paying customers, I would ask that you leave."


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

While the others speak to the shopkeeper the young rogue will make her way towards the trap door, moving as silently as she can.
Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Trying to look taken back by the request Justified responds But good sir, we only wish to help our friend. Surely you would not begrudge us the chance to do that? And this is your chance to show us, and the guard we can fetch that you are not connected with the criminal group and did not even know they were using your shop for access into their hide out. The grip on his weapon tightens slightly.


retired

Graythan growls, "We don't have time for this," as he steps forward, his lips pulled tight and eyes narrowed in growing irritation. His voice comes out harsh and full of gravel, "You can either show us to the passage we already know is here and let us get on with our work, or I'll be forced to assume you're deliberately slowing us down. I don't take kindly to being toyed with, Nemien. Show us what you're hiding and they'll be no hard feelings."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Male Half-elf Cleric/2

Sensing that there wasn't complete truth to the man's words, Rast ponders for a moment what he could do to reveal the man's lie. Stepping forward, the cleric takes a slightly different approach from his comrade, "You really shouldn't lie. You haven't the skill for it. Now I doubt you foolish enough to believe that this city doesn't have any criminals in it and even I believe that there are criminal elements above and below these streets. Therefore, I can only assume the untruth you speak is in your doubt as to a connection between criminals and your shop. As such, I suggest you stand aside. Otherwise, we will be forced to do as my comrade says and bring the guard in to help in searching for our patron's missing brother."


Nemien pales visibly, "But, she'll kill me if she finds out. You'll go down. They'll kill you and then she'll come for me. They'll destroy my shop and ruin my family. I can't let that happen."

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified tries to look understanding and then adds rationally Then your best bet is to bet on us not dying. I do not die easily I assure you. And you can help by telling us who she is.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

"Just hit him in the head and knock him out. That way the gang would realize that he wasn't siding with us. Toss some things around to show signs of a struggle happened. At this time she gives away her position, really close to the trap door. "Does a girl have to think of everything?"

"Oh by the way....before you get knocked out...is there a secret knock for entrance?"

551 to 600 of 2,578 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fanguar's Savage Tide PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.