GM Fanguar's Savage Tide (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

High adventure on the high seas.
Current Map


401 to 450 of 2,578 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Justified.. Ignius calls out. There is a magical aura over here. Would you mind coming this way in case we find an unpleasant surprise?

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified wades over to where Ignius is and stands ready to repel any interlopers.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira stands at the ready with her new masterwork silver dagger in hand whispering, "Heeerrreeee fishie, fishie. Live bait for you."


Grun swims over to where the aura is emanating from. Reaching through the murky waters his hand touches a sunken corpse that twitches to life the contact. A well preserved corpse bursts from the water, dressed in rusted chain mail and with a tarnished silver holy symbol swaying around its neck.

It bellows a cry full of rage and hunger and two more corpses burst from the water behind it. Then to your horror, begins to speak, "More intruders? You will feed my hunger."

Knowledge(religion) DC12:

The odd zombie is a Huecuva. Huecuvas are the risen corpses of heretical clerics who blasphemed and renounced their deities before meeting death. They resist any non-magical or silver attacks.

Stats:

Huecuva
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 13 (+2 Dex, +3 natural, +3 armour)
hp 20/20
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +4
DR 5/magic or silver; undead traits

zombies
AC 13,touch 10,flat-footed 13
hp 16/16, 16/16
; DR 5/slashing
Immune undead traits
Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +3

Initiative rolls:

Justified: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Grun: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Ignius: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Moira: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Zombies: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
???: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

29 Ignius
22 Moira
21 ???
16 Grun
15 Justified
6 Zombies

Map updated. Marked area is where the water is too deep to stand. All other water areas count as difficult terrain. Ignius and Moira may act.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

At work at the moment so firewall won't let me see the map. Can Moira get into a flanking position with anyone?

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

No, its basically single file unless you want to swim - looks like this.D is deep water and _ is a space. No _ means a wall.

.
.
.
.
.DDI___
_DDM
_DD_
_DDJ
_DDG_
_DDZZ
__Z


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Well, being that Moira is in the back she has only one option available to her....range.

Moira puts her dagger away and removes her shortbow and readies an arrow. Taking this round to remove and get her bow ready to fire in the next round.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Initiative 29

Look out! Ignius yells, while calling upon his innate powers. Throwing his arm forward he summons a ray of flame that scorches the unknown creature.
_________________
SA: Cast Ray of Frost and convert to fire.
Ray of Fire damage 1d3 ⇒ 2

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

You have to roll to hit with that Ignius.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

And take -4 for "into melee". Fun times...


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Bah! Ranged Touch
1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 4 = 14


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Grun nearly hisses... Heretic betrayer! Resistant to mundane weaponry... magic or silver is best!

Kn Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


The undead hisses in pain as Ignius' magica fire cuts into it.

Stats:

Huecuva
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 13 (+2 Dex, +3 natural, +3 armour)
hp 18/20
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +4
DR 5/magic or silver; undead traits

zombies
AC 13,touch 10,flat-footed 13
hp 16/16, 16/16
; DR 5/slashing
Immune undead traits
Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +3

Full attack Vs Grun:
Claw 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Claw 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

DM Dice:

Fort 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Fort 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The foul creature lashes out with its dirty claws and slices into Gruns flesh.

Grun and Justified are up.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Grun withdraws past Ignius, into the gap. Moira, Ignius... Back to the last room. Justified, attack and step back.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Thought you had moved into my spot but you moved past Ignius.

Justified slashes at the creature in front of him, knowing that he has no magic weapon or silver weapon, trusting that his swing will have enough power to damage it.

Glaive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d10 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

But his footing is unsure in this flooded cave and he cannot connect. After his swing he moves back so that only one of the creatures can come at him at a time and prepares to attack the one that closes.


Stats:

Huecuva
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 13 (+2 Dex, +3 natural, +3 armour)
hp 18/20
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +4
DR 5/magic or silver; undead traits

zombies
AC 13,touch 10,flat-footed 13
hp 16/16, 16/16
; DR 5/slashing
Immune undead traits
Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +3

One of the zombies shuffles forward towards Justified,

AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

ducking past the man's polearm. The other steps into the deeper water and slips beneath the waves.

Round 2
29 Ignius
22 Moira
21 ???
16 Grun
15 Justified
6 Zombies

Ignius and Moira are up

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified might choose to trip the other ??? zombie when it moves, if it provokes. Let me decide based on what happens please. I am pretty responsive. If I am not slowing people down I would sort of like to take my own AOOs. Since this is what this guy is all about. If I am ever slowing things down then please you take them.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Glancing toward the deep pool that the mindless undead sank into, Ignius glances at Grun, nodding at his wise words.

Closing his eyes briefly, a heat shimmer appears around Ignius, and the air around him suddenly becomes sweltering hot for a split second, causing beads of sweat to appear on the man's forehead. Opening his jaws almost inhumanly wide, a blast of superheated air, gushes out and slams into the undead creature rocking it back in the water.

Seeing the creature momentarily dazed, Ignius points to Justified. The spell will last only a few seconds. Strike now while his guard is down. The magi commands, before taking a step back away from the deep pool and the hungering dead below.
___________________________
SA: Cast Ear-Piercing Scream against the Huecuva
FA: Convert Sonic Damage to Fire Damage
MA: Move 20' feet away and out of the room.
Huecuva save vs. Ear-Piercing Scream (DC18): 1d20 ⇒ 8
Ear-Piercing Scream Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Fire Damage

DM Fanguar, while I know that undead are immune to mind-effecting abilities, the daze effect from Ear-Piercing Scream is a physical effect and not mind-effecting, so the Huecuva should be affected.


@Justified: Sure I can do that, I'll just prompt you when you have AoOs to perform.
@Ignius: I'm not going to quibble about that interpretation. If I was though, I would argue that the daze effect is a result of the sonic damage and that converting it to fire would seem to alter the spells concussive effect ;)
- Moira is up


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)
Sun-Dapple Grün wrote:
Grun withdraws past Ignius, into the gap. Moira, Ignius... Back to the last room. Justified, attack and step back.

Hmmmm. My little friend makes perfect sense.

Moira makes her way to the last room. "C'ome guys. We might have the advantage to higher ground.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Sounds good, I can keep it sonic damage. I thought of it more like a concussive blast from a backdraft myself.


The Huecuva is dazed. Grun and Justified may act.
@Ignius: Touche


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Justified... Retreat! I will weaken them.

Raising a hand to an unseen Sun somewhere above, the Grippli channels... Life. Not impressed, he retreats fully into the previous chamber.

Channel, Harm Undead, Sun Domain: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Having played this game before, Justified withdraws back as far as he can do so while still defending his friends and prepares to attack the advancing zombies.


Will save zombies DC12: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Will save Huecuva DC12: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Stats:

Huecuva
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 13 (+2 Dex, +3 natural, +3 armour)
hp 17/20
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +4
DR 5/magic or silver; undead traits
zombies
AC 13,touch 10,flat-footed 13
hp 13/16, 13/16
; DR 5/slashing
Immune undead traits
Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +3

The zombies advance (one AoO for Justified)

Round 3
29 Ignius
22 Moira
21 Huecuva
16 Grun
15 Justified
6 Zombies

Ignius and Moira are up

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified tries to cut it down.

Glaive Guisarme: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 161d1 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Finally on dry ground Moira takes a wild shot at one of the zombies and is stunned at her luck in connecting with the creature.
Attack, Bow, -4 into melee: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 4 = 19
Damage, Arrow: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Hmm. We seem to be bogged down. I think the Huecuva is up. And I need to update you that I will be traveling this weekend and be mostly away from my computer Saturday and Sunday.


We'll just skip Ignius' turn.

Justified slashes the zombie to the bone, causing much damage, but failing to drop the crature. Moira's arrow bites deeply, but doesn't seem to bother the zombie.

Stats:

Huecuva
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 13 (+2 Dex, +3 natural, +3 armour) CMD15
hp 17/20
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +4
DR 5/magic or silver; undead traits

zombies
AC 13,touch 10,flat-footed 13
hp 13/16, 13/16
; DR 5/slashing
Immune undead traits
Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +3

The huecuva moves to attack Justified.

AoO for Justfied. You mentioned tripping, so perform you AoO and then I'll finish the turn. If it is a trip (CMD15) and it's successful, Grun and Justified may act.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Concerned about he more powerful undead, Justified thrusts his pole arm into the water trying to tangle the things legs and cause it to fall.

Trip Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

But the depth of the water and its murkiness foils his attempt.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Oh hell, sorry I missed this post. I'll try to pay better attention. =/


Stats:

Huecuva
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 13 (+2 Dex, +3 natural, +3 armour) CMD15
hp 17/20
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +4
DR 5/magic or silver; undead traits

zombies
AC 13,touch 10,flat-footed 13
hp 13/16, 13/16
; DR 5/slashing
Immune undead traits
Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +3

Attack vs Justified: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Closing in on Justified, the creature's clawed hand rakes him painfully.

@Ignius: we can retcon a delayed action if you want.
Justified and grun (and Ignius if he wants)

DM Dice:
Fort save DC12: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

I need to move back. The warrior calls, threatened by two enemies.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

You were supposed to back up before he hit you, big skull!. Grun releases a pulse of positive energy then retreats further.

Channel, harm undead: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified moved as far back as he could. You were in the way... And I think you can move yourself. Also, what is the DC of you channel?

The warrior withdraws back into the room, favoring his now wounded leg and readies to attack the creatures as they advance.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

No thats fine. I'll chalk it up to not paying attention and watch out next time.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

DC11 if you round down cleric levels, DC12 if you don't. No channel resistance applies if they have any (Sun Domain)..


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira splashes the water around her as she attempt to make it out of the water. "Conme on guys.....this way."


Will save zombies: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Will save Huecuva: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

The holy blast of energy destroys one of the zombies, but the other continues to shuffle forward moaning with hunger. (1 AoO for justified)

Stats:

Huecuva
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 13 (+2 Dex, +3 natural, +3 armour) CMD15
hp 14/20
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +4
DR 5/magic or silver; undead traits
zombies
AC 13,touch 10,flat-footed 13
hp 0/16, 6/16
; DR 5/slashing
Immune undead traits
Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +3

Round 4
29 Ignius
22 Moira
21 Huecuva
16 Grun
15 Justified
6 Zombies

Ignius and Moira are up


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Seeing an opening as the others backpedal from the room, Ignius summons the heat of the desert from within his soul and fires it towards the advancing creature that had proved so resilient thus far.
___________________
SA: Cast Ray of Frost and convert to fire.
Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Ray of Fire damage 1d3 ⇒ 2


Male Grippli Cleric 1

How high is the ceiling? If he can get "out of reach", Grun will climb (as a move), getting out of the others' way. Climb 20.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Problems posting Yesterday. Sorry for my delay.

Justified strikes as the zombie tries to close. A bless sure would be nice... I think that missed by 1.

AOO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 121d10 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


@Grun: The caves are pretty clostrophobic, so you wouldn't be out of the way on the roof.

Moira backs ups some more.

Stats:

Huecuva
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 13 (+2 Dex, +3 natural, +3 armour) CMD15
hp 17/20
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +4
DR 5/magic or silver; undead traits
zombies
AC 13,touch 10,flat-footed 13
hp 13/16, 13/16
; DR 5/slashing
Immune undead traits
Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +3

The Huecuva moves to attack Justified (provokes AoO)

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 (miss)

Grun and Justified are up


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Fanguar, I believe that the Huecuva should have taken 2 more damage from my ray of fire


Male Grippli Cleric 1

I think accidentally cut & paste old stat block, previous one correct.

Grun raises a small fist once more and unleashes the power of the Sun from on high. Summoning light into the dark places. That's all I have... Be careful.

Grun then moves south (down) past Moira to the bend, calling Grikk to follow.

Channel, harm undead: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified tries to cut down the horror as it comes for him.

AOO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d10 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

He then prepares to withdraw from the creature so he does not provoke, call out Back up more. I need more room.


@Ignius: You're right. Fixed

Justified cuts the undead monster down before it can reach him and falls back. With their master dead, the zombies quickly fall to the sound combat tactics. (They'll never be able to hit you as long as you fall back, so 'poof' they're dead.

At the other end of the flooded caves, a short corridor leads to a barricaded door, its surface covered in claw marks. No amount of pushing will move it, but a few stout chops from Justified remove enough of the door to allow you to dislodge the iron locking bar that holds it in place.

The smell in this chamber is horrific, a cloying stink of rotten meat rising from the bloated, seeping body slumped in the middle of the floor. The corpse's dark, almost black, flesh bulges against its armour ready to burst at the slightest touch. An intricate tattoo of a dragon clutching a flower is barely visible on his shoulder against the diseased flesh, and clutched in one hand is a crumpled scroll.

Scroll:

Thes bones once be Penkus, so if ye read this, I be dead, laid low by the sick put on me by that foul dead thing! Yet even as me flesh wracks, know t'was not the dead what brought my doom, but one I 'til recently called friend!

Vanthus Vanderboren! Your name fills me with bile! Spineless treacherous cur! You left us here to die. You left ME here to die, adter all what I done t'get ye into th'Lotus! Yer designs on the Lady of the Lotus be clear now, and with meseft out th'way... we doubtless move even now into power, slithering amid my vacancy like a hermit crab in a shell, or a cadaver worm to still warm flesh. CURSE UPON YE!

T the'one what reads this. If ye have any honour or vengeance in yer soul, know that Vanthus must die. He dwells in the lab o'th'Lotus, below th'Taxidermist's Hall. Seek him there, but 'fore he dies he must ken it were Penkus what undid him and guides yer killing blow.

And if, by some cruel spite of fate, it be ye what read this, Vanthus, know with certainty I wait for ye in Hell, where I intend t'rival the pit itself in yer torment!

Perception DC20:
You find a secret door in the back wall that opens into a small room. The air in this chamber is stale, yet unlike the other chambers in the complex the place seems quite dry-even dusty. Cob- webs hang in thick sheets from the ceiling, and against the northern wall sit three large sea chests.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Were we able to recover the magical babble that drew us into the water in the first place? And did the undead have any treasure upon them? And lastly, you mentioned the bloated man was wearing armor of some type? Not sure how we would get him out if it...

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19 Oh, soooo close!


The corpse is in mwk leather armour. It's still serviceable, getting him out of it might be a bit messy. Thanks for the reminder about the magic item. It's on the huecuva and it's a traveler's any-tool. (I figure those are common enough that you'd recognize it).


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Perception, aid another?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

401 to 450 of 2,578 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fanguar's Savage Tide PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.