GM Fanguar's Savage Tide (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

High adventure on the high seas.
Current Map


451 to 500 of 2,578 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

"Hey, that is some nice looking threads the stiff is wearing. If he didn't stink this bad then I would consider robbing the dead. Hold on a sec.....what is this?"

perception, DC 20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Something catches Moira's eye. She walks back to the back of the room and runs her hand on the wall. She removes her special thieves kit and begins to trace out the secret door. She does her ususal examination of the door.

perception, find traps: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Finding no traps, Moira opens the secret door, revealing 3 locked sea chests (DC25).


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Take 20 allowed?

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Good eyes Moria, I looked right over that. Glad you are with us!


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira smiles at the compliment and responds, "Well I'm glad that you are here with your big stick thingie. You showed those zombies who's boss."

Can Moira Take 20 is she takes her time? Like Sun said?


Yup, that's fine.

Taking her time, Moira manages to unlock the ancient and rusted locks.

Chest 1: Full of silver and copper coins (7500 cp and 1500 sp)

Chest 2: 12 bags of gold and gems (1000gp in gold and 500gp of gems)

Chest 3: 8 potions, a wand and an ornate jade box (300gp) containing a light brown gemstone, with a slip of paper identifying it as an earth elemental stone.

Potion 1x3, Spellcraft DC16:
CLW

Potion 2, Spellcraft DC18:
Lesser restoration

Potion 3, Spellcraft DC18:
Invisibility

Potion 4, Spellcraft DC21:
Barkskin +3

Potion 5, Spellcraft DC20:
CSW

Potion 6, Spellcraft DC17:
elixer of swimming

Wand, Spellcraft DC16:
Mage armour 11 charges

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Pay dirt! we found the pirate's horde! lol. That is 10,000 coins. I believe 50 coins to a pound so that is 200 lbs of coin.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Eyes glittering in the gloom of the cave, Ignius rubs his hands together. Well, this was quite the find, He says at last before pausing at the note. Our employer will want to know about the note, I am sure that she will eventually ask us to track down her wayward brother.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Spellcraft, potion 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Spellcraft, potion 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Spellcraft, potion 3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Spellcraft, potion 4: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Spellcraft, potion 5: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Spellcraft, potion 6: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Spellcraft, wand: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

ID'd potion 1, 4 and wand.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Spellcraft potion 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Spellcraft potion 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Spellcraft potion 5: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Spellcraft potion 6: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Well Ignius, that was, interesting. :P


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

"Oh wow. Goodie, goodie goodie." Moira shows her happiness at the new find. She beings to jump up with joy, jumping pretty high for a girl her size and weight. She takes Justified by the hand and starts dancing with him for about 7 seconds then moves over to Grun and picks him up, also dancing with him. Then she moves over to Ignius and stops and stares at him, feeling quite intimidated. "Uh hmmm. I don't think you dance do you?"

The young rogue then moves back to the chests and stares at the coins and gems and says "I'm really glad you guys let me come along. We are having SO much fun."


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Chuckling softly, Ignius shakes his head. Oh no my dear, I dance but only rarely and for special occasions. This however is quite a find.
________________
Fanguar are there any other area’s we missed? It seems like we passed some other doors, was that right?


There is, but there isn't anything to find in them, so for all intents and purposes, you've cleared the area. Now all that is left is to leave, if you can. Mwa ha ha.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Well then, Ignius says finally, It seems that we know where we need to go now and we earned some coin along the way. I think its time we left this place. Moira my dear, would you care to take the lead again?
_________________________
I peeked at the spoiler and saw that the trapdoor was slammed shut, so I guess we need to find another way out of this place before it becomes our tomb.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified loads up the coin as best he can, dividing it into everyone's backpack, but taking the heaviest load for himself. If this weights you down too much and we have to fight, take a moment to drop the pack.

If everyone is ok with is he will hold the potion of Barkskin and a cure light woulds potion.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira helps out with stuffing the coins into her backpack. "Well Muscles, we need to exchange some of the copper into gold or gems once we are back in town, but first we need to get out of here."

The young rogue executes a military salute towards Ignius when he says that she should take point. OK everyone...back through the water....through the room with the crabs...then the zombie room. Back to the way we entered." Moira then takes her new friends back to the starting point.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Let's get out. We're going to need to rest.


Sorry folks, didn't realize it was back to me.

Heading back to the initial room, you find that the rope has been cut and the trap door closed.

Grinning, Grun scampers up the shaft on his lizard, but when he reaches the trapdoor, he finds that it has been weighted down with something, probably large stones.


No one wants to escape from the dank dungeon?

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Not sure how. Need a better/refreshed description of the exit. How far up is it? Have we come across anything we could stack up so that Justified can get some leverage to push?


Well I don't want to get stuck, so other than some creative solution you guys might come up with: You can try to find a way to swim out (that water was getting into the caves somehow and you did find an elixer of swimming), or you can use the earth gem to summon a large earth elemental and have it earth glide to the top and remove the stones blocking the way. The elemental will be an auto win, while the swimming will require some skill checks.
I feel there's a lack of momentum here. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Gem is worth a lot of money so that is a last resort. And Justified is a decent at swimming. But to my question, How far up is the trap door? And have we come across anything we could stack up so that Justified can get some leverage to push?


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

question... I can cast ray of frost over and over. I can also make it be fire damage. Could I set fire to the trapdoor by repeatly scorching it thereby causing the stone to fall?


GM Fanguar wrote:

Ignius' magic lights find the shaft to descend only 30 feet into the bedrock of the island before opening up into a larger room.

[dice=Moira's D.D.]1d20+8

Moira does a quick investigation of the entrance, rope and iron hook, but finds no nasty surprises.

@Justified: The only thing of any structural strength were the sea chests.

@Ignius; That seems reasonable. You would have to climb up a few feet to get in range, though and it would leave you directly under any falling stones that might break through.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

The Grippli looks around, thinking... Can we salvage timber from the doors? Maybe we can build a zig-zag ramp up... Justified can then push.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira joins in on the thinking. She then starts to rummage through her backpack and pulls out 2 flasks. "These contain oil. We can toss them up on the wooded door and Mr. Ignius can use his fire to ignite it. Then we can just wait until the structure collapses." The young girl shrugs her shoulders as though the plan might work.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Do it. Justified urges, ready to be free of this place. I've business with whoever would choose to trap us down here. He does not look like a happy camper.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Grin urges Grikk up the shaft... Have to make sure the flames can breathe.

He slips a blade between slats and tries to make air holes.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

You can also directly apply the oil so it does not have to be thrown... :)


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Yes, excellent! Once the oil is applied I'll set fire to the trapdoor and hopefully the rocks will fall through and we can make our escape.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Please with her idea she gladly passes the flask of oil to Sun.
"In the mean time, we can go cook the crabs we killed ealier while we wait for the trap door to burn and collapse. Nothing else better to do. Hey,....how about we make a fire and sing songs around the campfire."


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Grun is agreeable, not the least of which to tht food. He and Grikk do as discussed.

If might get smoky in here, if we use wood, use heated stones for cooking.


I'll leave it up to you to RP a crab bake if you want to.

Scrounging some rags from the dead, Grun scampers up to the trapdoor and soaking them in oil, he wedges them between the slats. Ignius sets the whole mess ablaze before quickly clearing the shaft. The old weathered wood catches easily and in short order it gives way with a groan, a small avalanche of stones tumbling down to land with a clatter. Whoever did this definitely didn't want you to get back out.

Climbing back out, you are greeted by a dead man, sprawled in the dirt. Rolling him over, you see that it is your dirt half-elf informant. Someone has slit his throat, ear-to-ear.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

The debt grows. Justified says, vengeance in his voice, as he heads back to where their small boat was tended off the shore. Someone should search him. he notes almost absently.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

"I'll do it!" Moira approaches the dead body and carefully begins to search it.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Huffing and puffing, Ignius wipes the sweat from his forehead. When the time came for him to learn the second circle of eldritch power he would have to remember how much he disliked climbing. Turning back to the events at hand, Ignius sighed. Well, that didn't go so well. I hate to point fingers, but I would be willing to bet that Vanthus played a part in the man's death. The scroll we found stated that he can be found in the Lotus Lair below the Taxidermist's Hall. Perhaps it would be best if we returned to the city quietly. Informed our employer of the recent events and then went to have a conversation with the man. Thoughts?

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

A good plan. Along the way perhaps we can better equip ourselves with the coin and other treasures we have found.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

I agree. I don't know anything about this Lotus Lair, but it sounds like something that might be guarded. Better weapons and gear would help. We will have to be careful however to ensure that our quarry does not know we made it out alive.

Glancing back to Moria. Ignius frowns. My dear, you seem to know a bit about our city's seedy underbelly. Have you ever heard of this Lotus Lair?


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Grun is satisfied with the plan, he mounts and seeks out the fisherman.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Moira can't recall if she's heard the name, indicating that they must be a relatively new or very secretive gang. (You can use diplomacy to gather information back in town.)

Flagging down your ride takes a bit of doing, apparently your fisherman went for a bit of a wander, but eventually he swings into view of the beach and ferries you back to the mainland.

The docks are abuzz with the latest news: The old harbourmaster has been brutally murdered! Though the rumours vary wildly as to how this was accomplished, all agree that he was found in his home brutally eviscerated.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

The features on the fighter's visage harden further. The amount of payback keeps increasing. he says with no mirth. Do we check in or start asking around?


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

I think our best course of action would be to check in. Nodding to the rest of the group, Ignius rubs his chin in thought. She might want to know about her brothers involvement. I also think it's best if we don't go out alone for the time being. You all saw what happened to our informant. So yes, let's go check in, and then buy anything we might need before we start looking into this "Lotus Lair".

______________________
Fanguar, I will make a list of some gear that I will want to buy. In a city this size how do you feel about partially charged wands and minor magic items?


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira gives a thumbs up and winks at the mage. "After that maybe we can go have a couple of drinks at some of the local taverns. Men usually have loose tongues after a couple of drink. Perhaps we can gather some info on this Lotus gang."


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Ms. Greyshadow, just how old are you? Ignius asks, considering the idea of sending Moira in to a smokey tavern to deal with drunk men.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

"What? You can't tell how old I am?" The young rogue starts to walk around provactively and flash her eyelashes. "I'm 18 years young thank you very much." Her body seems much like a 14 year old, small in height and even smaller breasts, much like a gymnast. Her body is quite deceiving, as her new friends have noticed, that she is quite adept with the rapier and her critical thinking is impressive for someone her stature. "I know I don't look like an 18 year old but I can stuff my leather armor to make my breast look bigger."


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

At a loss for words, Ignius instead shakes his head. In his lands a woman would never be so provocative. It was still odd to him to have to learn about different cultures and styles. Moira was just so.. forward. Sighing the older man gestured to the others in the group. Lets head back to our employer and let her know the results of our search. We can purchase goods and then see about this lotus lair, yes?


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira stops and stares at Ignius then to the others. She shrugs her shoulders and says, "What? What did I say?" She is dumbfounded and her eyes are wide open.

The young rogue conforms then follow the others to purchase some goods.


Eventually the party makes their way to Vanderborn manor. Kora, Lavinia's house halfling, greets you at the door and walks you though the manor and to the dining hall. She tells you all to enjoy a refreshment, indicating a well stoked side bar, while you await Lavinia.

A short time later Lavinia sweeps into the room. A look of worry clearly stamped on her face, "You all seem a little worse for wear. Have you run into trouble? Did you find Vanthus? You didn't hurt him did you?

451 to 500 of 2,578 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fanguar's Savage Tide PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.