GM Fanguar's Savage Tide (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

High adventure on the high seas.
Current Map


601 to 650 of 2,578 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

retired

Graythan's glare somehow hardens on Nemien, wordlessly urging the shopkeeper to truthfully answer Moira's question.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Frowning, Ignius crosses his arms. Well you have offered him a stick, but no carrot. Gesturing towards the shopkeeper, Ignius sighs. I'm afraid my friends are quite insistent and while I abhor violence, the people that you work for have already threatened both us and those who employ us. However, I promise that if you tell us what we wish to know, no harm will come to you from us.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


"There a trapdoor in the back, it leads down a ladder. You can't fail." He reaches under his coat and pulls out a stoppered vial. "Potion of healing. Take it and don't die."

It takes little effort to find the trapdoor that leads beneath the streets of Sassarine. A long wooden ladder leads you down into a damp, brick-lined passage. Guttering torches line the walls throwing up monstrous dancing shadows. Moisture drips from the walls to pool on the rough floor, draining in tiny rivulets to the east. A wooden door beckons to the west.

Map is updated.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira move ahead as she knows instinctively what needs to be done. The rogue kneels by the wooden door and put her ear to it. She puts her index finger on her lips to indicate silence. She takes her time to make out any distinct sounds coming from behind the door.Moira is gonna take 10 on her perception. End result is 17.

If she hears nothing then she removes her rogue's kit to determine if the door is trapped.
Taking 10 again. End result is 20


retired

Graythan nods at Nemien and accepts the potion as the group marches past to trapdoor. "That was a good decision, Nemien. Thank you."

As Moira sets to work on the door, Graythan notes the passage veers around a bend behind them. He hands the potion Nemien gave them to Ignius as he presses his way to the rear of the group. "Think you can verify that this potion actually does what Nemien claimed?" Once he gets to the rear of the group, he draws and loads his crossbow and advances far enough to peek around the corner. He holds his position, covering the rear while looking at the floor for tracks.

Survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Thank you for your trust Nemien. You are making a good decision. He offers the man his hand a final time before descending the stairs.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Glancing at the bottle thoughtfully, Ignius shrugs. I'm not sure, but your suggestion has merit. Closing his eyes for a moment, the older magi waves a hand. When his eyes open they flicker with motes of black, like ash falling from the sky. Peering at the bottle, the tanned man holds it up and glances at it.

Spellcraft w/Detect Magic: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


@Moira: Nothing to be heard at the door. No sign of traps. Door unlocked.
@Graythan: You can tell this a heavily trafficked pathway, but that's about it
@Ignius: It's magical, but that spellcraft roll isn't going to cut it.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira whispers to the group. "OK goons...the door is unlocked....no traps. Get ready!"

When everyone is ready, she stands by the side of the door, back to the wall, and slowly pushes the door open. I'm assuming that the door pushes outwards rather than pull inward."


retired

Graythan nods to Moira, though his eyes narrow slightly when he realizes she called him a 'goon'. Ignoring the minor slight, he holds his position until the others are through the door, ensuring nothing slips up behind them.


Male Half-elf Cleric/2

Gripping his trident and shield, Rast falls in line behind Moira and Justified, ignoring the girls quirkiness as he mentally prepared himself for what troubles might lie within.


Opening the door, off to the north you hear, "So I says to the guy, you better watch your mouth, and he..."

Another voice interrupts, "Look sharp, someone is coming down from the shop"


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira shrugs as she hears the voices.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Backing away from the door, Ignius also shrugs and then gestures towards the door and then back to the more heavily armed members of the group. I'm a respectable scholar dammit, not some door kicking mercenary. How in the hells did I end up in this situation.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Understanding his roll, Glaive in hand, Justified will open the door.


Initiative rolls:

Justified: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Rast: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Graythan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Ignius: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Moira: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Enemy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

When Justified steps out into the hall, he sees a pair of rogues in a nearby guard room. They give a shout of alarm and take up their weapons.

Round 1
22(nat 20) Justified
23 LDs
17 Graythan
16 Moira
15 Ignatius
2 Rast

Lotus Dragon:

XP 200
Human Rogue 1
NE Medium humanoid (human)
Init +7; Senses Perception +3
DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 10/10, B:10/10
Fort +1, Ref +5, Will –1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee short sword +3 (1d6+2/19–20)
Ranged light crossbow +3 (1d6/19–20)
Special Attacks sneak attack +1d6

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

The map still has Justified near the back. And it seems that the Lotes dragons go before Justified per the numbers you show. Perhaps Justified should be at the door if not in the hall?


You can move your own icons on the map. Justified rolled a natural 20, so he goes first. Autowin, as it were.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

OK Cool. I did not know you were playing that a nat 20 trumped init.

Justified, holding his glaive, is in no mood to parlay. He strikes from range at the first rogue before stepping back 5'.

Glaive Guisarme: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 241d10 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira looks for a possible flanking position with Justified or anyone else stepping in to go melee.
Atk, Rapier, flanking: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 15


No worries
Justified neatly runs one of the rogues through,

Round 1
22(nat 20) Justified
21 LDs
17 Graythan
16 Moira
15 Ignatius
2 Rast

Round 1 Init 21
The other rogue, screaming bloody murder, darts and dodges in scoring a wicked slice on Justified.
Tumble: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Attack vs Justified: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Confirm?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Everyone is up

Lotus Dragon:

XP 200
Human Rogue 1
NE Medium humanoid (human)
Init +7; Senses Perception +3
DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 10/10, B:10/10
Fort +1, Ref +5, Will –1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee short sword +3 (1d6+2/19–20)
Ranged light crossbow +3 (1d6/19–20)
Special Attacks sneak attack +1d6


retired

Graythan gestures at the rogue, drawing his attention just long enough to make eye contact. Something otherworldly in the bounty hunter's eyes threatens to mesmerize the lotus dragon.

Cast daze, Will Save DC 13

Status:

HP: 15/15
AC: 19 (13 T / 16 FF)
CMD: 13
F/R/W: +3/+2/+6
Judgement uses remaining: 0/1
Relentless footing uses remaining: 0/6

Spell Slots:
Level 1 (2+1) - [ ], [ ], [ ]

Ongoing Effects


Bumpity, Bump, Bump
Will save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Everyone can go twice apparently...

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified steps 5' back and slices at the man in a powerful overhand strike.

Glaive Guisarme: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d10 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


retired

Justified's got enough to drop the second one there. Call the fight?


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Rapier Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11 ...And she misses.


Male Half-elf Cleric/2

Not able to get into the fight from his location, Rast simple stands back and waits to cast healing for those that might need it.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Scalding Sands! Ignius exclaims as Justified attack the man with a sickening crunch. Wary that the sound of combat might trigger the other man to run, Ignius readies a spell should the other thief try to escape.

SA: Ready Action: Cast Ear-Piercing Scream if the other thief tries to make a run for it.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

I think both are down.


Both are down. All LD thieves just have their combat gear and 15gp of coin unless I indicate otherwise. So which way, N, S or back down the passage to the E?

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Lets check their room for clues and valuables.


retired

"Agreed." The steely blue eyed tracker helps pat the thugs down before searching through the room. "Would you care to check the other doors for trouble?" His question is directed to Moira, though his gaze remains focused on the corpse he's currently searching.

Perception (take 10): 10 + 10 = 20


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira moves over to the doors, listens first then check for traps. She puts her hands on her lips to indicate to be quiet.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Find Traps: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Oh my....the rolls were the same as Taking 10."


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Moria my dear, did you find anything? The older man asks while tugging on his beard thoughtfully. If not, we should move on. I don't know if the attack might have warned others.


Room holds only a simple wooden table and two chairs. Only the one door, N in room D2. No traps, no noticeable noises. Opening it fines a 5' stretch of hall with another door. No traps, but it is locked.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

This is as good a direction to explore as any. Moira?


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira is intrigued by the locked door and approaches it.
"The only reason why someone would keep a door locked is because that person does not want anyone from entering and finding out stuff. How rude. Luckily, I have a key that opens any door. Let me check. I have it in my pocket somewhere here. Hmmmm. I must of lost it. Oh well, I have other ways."

The rogue removes her masterwork lock pick tools and begins to tamper with the lock.
Perception, Listening: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Lock Picking: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Male Half-elf Cleric/2

Trident and shield out, Rast follows after the group, a smile of enjoyment on his face at being out of the temple and with this odd group.


retired

Graythan falls to the back of the group once more, his crossbow held ready as the rearguard.


Hearing nothing, Moira deftly opens the door. Beyond, a hallway with multiple branch points, running east and west.

See map for details.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Anyone have a preference now that we have an updated map? If it were up to me I would try to map out a corner of the map and then map outward from it. But it does not matter that much to me. I just do not want to take a lot of time choosing directions.


retired

Let's just keep moving with what momentum we have at present. North through D2, turn left and check that door visible to the top left. We can then either clear out the lower left quadrant or hug the left side of the map and head north.

Graythan nods approvingly to Moira from his position in the rear, despite it being a gesture she likely can't see. He mutters quietly to himself, "Keep up the pace, little elf. The longer we linger the more time our quarry has to give us the slip."


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira puts her tools away says "How rude of these people to try to keep me out." She smiles and winks at the group and falls in line behind Justified. Lead the way Oh 'Basher of Bad Guys'"

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified leads on as Greythan recommends.


After Moira clears it of traps, Justified opens the door and finds a long room lined with bunks. Obviously the guild's barracks, the room is currently empty. Another door at the opposite end of the room leads deeper into the complex.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Lets be along then. I don't wish to tarry with this grim task. Eyeing the bunks, Ignius snorts. Though I suppose robbery is a small slap on the risk next to the wholesale murder we just committed.


Male Half-elf Cleric/2

With a smile, Rast comments "While it is sad to need to take another's life...the only way to our goal is though here and I doubt any amount of peaceful persuasiveness would have convinced them to let us through." Trident and shield at the ready, Rast follows after Moira and Justified.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Perhaps we should be checking for magic auras as we move through these areas. Justified offers tentatively, obviously not an expert in such things.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

A reasonable suggestion. Ignius murmurs before waving his hand in a complex pattern as his eyes sparkle with blue hints.

SA: Cast detect magic

DM Fanguar, please assume from here on out Ignius will do a sweep of each room with detect magic before the room is left.


@Ignius: Sure, NP.

Nothing in this room appears to be magical.

Through the door, or back?

601 to 650 of 2,578 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fanguar's Savage Tide PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.