GM Fanguar's Savage Tide (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

High adventure on the high seas.
Current Map


351 to 400 of 2,578 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Six great wooden pillars rise up to support the ceiling, which sags dangerously in places, and is thick with hanging strands of fungus. Several doors line the walls-one to the west {from which comes a muffled sloshing sound), two to the north (the western of which is badly damaged and hangs askew on its one remaining hinge), and two to the east, (one to the zombie room and one back to the first corridor). To the south, the ceiling has collapsed , leaving the southern part of the room choked in debris. A rippling pool of water reaches halfway into the room from this wall of stone and rubble. It seems that a wooden pier once extended into this pool, but all that remains now are several rotting wooden pilings protruding from the water. A man 's body floats face down among them.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Would it be better or worse luck, if he matched one of the descriptions?. Grun approaches the water, valiant mount in tow.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified focuses on the north wall. looking for threats behind the doors, especially the one barely hanging on the hinges.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira goes to the body as well, walking on Sun's left side. She then playfully taps him on the right shoulder and looks away, whistling while looking up and down. "I wonder if the floating stiff gonna walk like the others."


@Justified: The rooms have old and rotten supplies

As Moira and Grun approach the pools several crabs emerge, hissing and waving their claws.

Initiative rolls:

Justified: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Grun: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Ignius: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Moira: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Enemy: 1d20 ⇒ 14

24 Moira
22 Grun
15 Justified
14 Crabs
11 Ignius

Stats:

AC I S, touch 11, flat-footed 14
hp 8/8, 8/8, 8/8, 8/8, 8/8
Fort+3,Ref+0,Will+0

Liberty's Edge

M Human (unarmed) Fighter/11

Justified, Round1:

the fighter move to within 10' of a crab and tries to dices it with his pole arm. He will position himself if possible so that other crabs will be tempted to move through his threatened area to get to him or his allies.

Glaive Guisarme: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d10 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Kill them quickly, the meat is less gamey that way...

Attack, flat-footed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Nice go, lass... Now, back up.

Bad luck, Grikk... Back up, big fella. Next to the big longshanks.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira, round 1:
Moira eyes the crabs in awe. "Don't let them get away. We having crab tonight."

Is it possible for Moira to flank with anyone without giving the crabs an AoO?
Attack, rapier: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Crit on 18-20
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Rapier damage, crit: 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (5) + 2 = 10


Male Grippli Cleric 1

They were flat-footed, so you has sneak, too... Now, back up.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Map is being blocked at work.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Moving forward through the damp cavern Ignius moves towards the crabs emerging from the pool of water. Throwing his hands up a cone of fire blasts out from the magi's hand, engulfing three of the scuttling menaces with flames and superheated steam.

MA: Move to new square on map.
SA: Cast burning hands 2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6 Fire Damage, DC18 reflex for half

Edit: I acted before the crabs on initiative. Hrm, well Fanguar can you modify this post if I can hit at least three of them during my action, without lighting any of my companions on fire?


@ignius: As is, you can only hit 2, I hope that's fine

Stats:

AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14
hp dead/8, 2/8, 2/8, 8/8, 8/8
Fort+3,Ref+0,Will+0

Moira steps forward and neatly eviscerates one of the giant crabs, but Justified and Grun can't get a bead on the skittering monstrosities.

Round 1 Init 14

The crabs advance and attack:

Attack Moira: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Miss
Attack Moira 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Miss
AOO vs Crab: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 Miss
AOO vs Crab 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 Miss
Attack vs Justified: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 Miss

Attack vs Justified 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 Hit, Grab?
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Grapple vs DC17: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17Grappled

Ref DC18 save 1: 1d20 ⇒ 15 Fail
Ref DC18 save 2: 1d20 ⇒ 4 Fail
Ignius steps into the fray and sprays fire, crisping their carapaces.

Round 2 (Fight!)
24 Moira
22 Grun
15 Justified
14 Crabs
11 Ignius


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Round 2, Init 22

Attack and step back, girl!

Attack wounded if possible, xBow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage, xBow: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Grabbed by the crustacean Justified holds his pole arm in one hand and pummels the creature with his armored glove.

Cestus, Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9

If freed from the grapple he will step back 5' feet.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Round 2

The female rogue attacks the closest crab then take a 5' foot step east.
I moved Moira's icon 5 feet east on the map.

Attacking crab, Rapier: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 OMG another Crit
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Confirmed Crit

Damage, Rapier, Critical: 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + (4) + 2 = 14


My poor crabs, its a slaughterhouse...

[spoiler=Stats]

AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14
hp dead/8, dead/8, dead/8, dead/8, 8/8
Fort+3,Ref+0,Will+0[/ooc]

In rapid sucession, three crab die with sickening crunches. The last remaining crab lashes out at Justified,

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

But misses.

Ignius is up, then everyone else


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Round 3

Moira tries to flank the remaining crab and takes another stab at it.
Attacking crab, Rapier: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Damage, Rapier: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Flank damage if possible: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

The fighter steps back maintaining a flank with Moria if possible and brings his pole arm down on the creature.

Glaive-Guisarme: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 281d10 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

To confirm...
Glaive-Guisarme: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 141d10 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Too many big people around a single crab... No shot!


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Backing away from the remains of the crabs, Ignius smiles. Well that was not so back. The magi intones while smoothing his robes. Shall we move along then? Oh, and Moria, excellent job with the sword. You seem quite proficient with it.


Combat is over

The final crab dies with a final sickening crunch and the silence of the tomb descends once more.

Perception DC15:

Searching the crab gnawed corpse reveals little, but you do catch a glint of something in the pool. Reaching into the icy waters you pull out a masterwork silver dagger.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Pereption: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14 sooo close.

Justified takes a protective stance in the middle of the room as other search.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Let's get out of here.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira bows towards Ignius, "Why, thank you oh mysterious magi. No great feat on my part. I'm just getting hungry and I though that we can have crab to eat. The food of aristocracy."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Moira does an visual inspection of the corpse and then something catches her eye. "Oh lookie....what is this." She plunges he hands close to the corpse and into the cold waters. "Boy this guy stinks. Much more stinker that a street boy I know. He smelled like...like....well let's just say he smelled like human waste." During her rant she pulls forth a silver dagger.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Lead the way Moria. Perhaps you should search these storage rooms before we call them empty.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Wryly smiling, the older man coughs into his hand while raising an eyebrow at the younger woman. Justified is right. Let us be along.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira does as suggested and begins to search the storage rooms and checking for traps.
trapfinding: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

"Uh by the way. We are just gonna leave the crabs to rot away?"

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

While they look edible I will stick to my trail rations to be safe. I am no student of nature.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Grun let's Grikk eat one. If you have a sack, let's take a few.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

"Well.....I guess we will have to leave 'em. No time for cooking."

Moira continues searching for traps and the storage rooms.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

On the beach... Would be nice.


Moira thorough search of the area reveals nothing of interest.

Continuing on in the same direction, or back the other way?

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Same Direction.


You open the door to the sloshing sound the the churning waters of a sea cave. Fueled by what must be powerful submerged currents, the water laps and splashes against the walls of the twisting natural cavern that leads to the west . A sandy slope descends from the door down to the edge of the subterranean tide. Dozens of purple and red sea urchins glisten in shallow divots along the ground and lower walls here, their spines glittering with water.

With the uneven floor, the depth of the water ranges from knee to waist deep and counts as difficult terrain.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

"I think we should go back and explore the other areas before we head through this route." The rogue looks at Sun and says, "Maybe we should let frog-man head out first. He is in his element."


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Picking up several stones, Grun tosses them in series further and further into the water... so that they hit the water with distinct "plop" sounds.

He waits to see if anything stirs.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified wades out as far is his light source allows him good visibility. We are here. I would like to know how far this goes. Is it an exit? The way we came in may be closed to us.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira watches and smiles as Sun throws the rocks. "I'm pretty sure whatever is out there then it will probably not have a rock diet....most likely preferring meat over rocks.

The young rogue starts to be playful. "uh...Mr. Justified...you ever make a frog skip on the water? Moira takes a pebble, throws it, and it begins to skip on the surface of the water. Skipping 4 times on the surface then eventually it plops into the water.


Nothing responds immediately to the stones or Justified presence in the water.

The water is dark and silty, visibility below water is almost zero.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified continues to move westward into the water testing the bottom with his weapon.


nobody has anything else to add?

The party continues through the water until they reach a large cavern. The floor drops precipitously to the north. The water at this end sloshes and swirls and you can feel the push and pull of the water currents against your legs, suggesting an opening to the open ocean. On the oposite wall a worked stone archway leads out of the water.

The water is waist deep and the constant sloshing of the water has reduced visibility to zero.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified heads for that arch and out of the water, encouraging the party to follow.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Sorry Fanguar, I'll have *much* more time to post tomorrow since I am off work, but Ignius would use detect magic to see if he is able to determine any auras that might be found below the water...


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Grun is not thrilled with the prospect. Very hesitantly, he follows.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Trudging through the water behind the others, Ignius calls upon his fiery heritage. Letting the magic flow into him, his eyes seem to glow in the light. Frowning at the coldness of the water as it pooled around his legs, the Ifirit scanned the area around him looking for auras that might indicate something forgotten within the bottom of the watery passage. As he did so, he quietly whispered to Grun. I never could stand water myself. Its too cold. In the deserts I have seen men fight to death to control an oasis. Here there is more than any man would know what to do with.

Cast: detect magic


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Hmm... Interesting point. But, is not the water itself... Where my people live, the waters are clear. It's the not seeing through it that concerns me. I'll take this side.

Grun also Detects Magic...


Ignius and Grun: You both can detect a magic item aura a few feet beneath the water off to one side of of the room


Male Grippli Cleric 1

There... I'll go check.

Swim, water rat: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Dismounting, I take it.?


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Of course, easier for the denizens to eat.

351 to 400 of 2,578 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fanguar's Savage Tide PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.