GM Fanguar's Savage Tide (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

High adventure on the high seas.
Current Map


701 to 750 of 2,578 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified approaches the kobold, soup burns still evident on his face. He looks a the creature and says You attacked me. You burned me. Can you fix this damage?


retired

Graythan snorts as the little kobold is revealed. "Let it be, Justified. It is likely more slave than pet. Our time will be better served making as much ground as we can before the rest of these lotuses flood into the halls. The poor creature... 'Churtle' is obviously just scared."


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira ask the kobold, "You know your way around here? How about the one who was keeping you here?"


The kobold calms a little when you don't immediately run her through. "Keeping? This my room. Is very pretty. I cook food."


retired

"As I said, let the little crea- let 'Churtle' be. We have little time to dither about." Graythan bristles and checks his crossbow as he glances back the way they'd come. He remains on alert, listening for the approach of other lotuses.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

I am not sure where we are any more. If we are in the room shown on the map lets go through the south door.

Knowing that Kobolds are often setting traps Justified thinks for a moment. You do you get to throw hot soup on people without paying a price. Tell me something valuable Churtle. Do you know where where there are traps?


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira pays close attention on Justified's questions and whatever response the creature offers.


Map is updated. The kitchens are D21-23

"Trap? I no know. Not usually traps. Guild not usually attacked though. You watch out for Cruncher. Him big mean doggy and the Lady has a dragon. Him mean too."


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Wait... Ignius stutters. What do you mean that the Lady has a dragon?!


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira slaps her face and says, "Cruncher and a dragon? Oh great!! What else do they have in store for us.

Moira then says to Churtle, "Ummm, how big is the dragon?"

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Still burning from the hot soup and not quite satisfied that this kobold has been useful enough to compensate for the attack Justified offers You burned me for no good reason. You are gonna have to either come with us or give us something of worth to buy your safety.

Not trying to be petty, but that soup did 2d6 damage! And I just noticed Moira, you have more hit points than I do to start with. Justified is no longer going first, at least not til he is healed.


Male Half-elf Cleric/2

Smiling in humor at seeing Justified fume, Rast steps away from the wall and into view of the frightened kobold. "I would answer the questions if I was you Churtle. He is mighty riled right now and you don't want to see what he did to the thieves back there. Help us out however, and I will make sure that you stay safe." Touching the wooden medallion around his neck, he continues with, "On my faith, it will be so."


"You bad men! You come to Churtle's home. Churtle defend Churtle's home! You go now! Take Churtle's treasure! Go!"

She throws a sack of coins at you. (53gp)

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Catching the sack and weighing it Justified is satisfied and turns to leave.


retired

Greythan looks to Justified and frowns, "Are you really going to be so petty as to rob the miserable creature?" He shakes his head but also turns to leave.


Male Half-elf Cleric/2

Shrugging his shoulders, Rast says, "Churtle does have a point. Though it is for good reason, we did barge in on him." Then to the kobold he continues with, "So long was he can agree to leave each other in peace, I will do you no harm." Seeing that Churtle was no in the mood to talk, Rast decides to leave his questions for another time. I sure hope this is not a fools errand, the Lady would be quite upset if she found out we raided a crook's hideout just to find no connection with here wayward brother," Rast thought to himself as the group moved on.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira stares with mouth open wide, in awe, as her new friend walks away with Churtle's money. "Hey big guy! I thought I was the only thief here. You trying to take my job? The rogue follows the fighter back outside the room.

"OK now. Which way?" She makes sure that her rogues kit is close by on her person.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)
Graythan Fist wrote:
Greythan looks to Justified and frowns, "Are you really going to be so petty as to rob the miserable creature?" He shakes his head but also turns to leave.

The creature burned me. I asked for healing but none was forthcoming. This will pay for a potion to heal the damage. Since you were not burned, and did not offer to heal the burn, I suggest you do no meddle. Justified looks rather sour about the whole incident.


Male Half-elf Cleric/2

Shrugging, Rast let the situation be. Until he better understood the situation, he wouldn't interject his views, but neither would he use up resources when it wasn't necessary. Looking at the area, he pointed down the hallway and said, "The door to the east hasn't been checked yet."


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira moves to the eastern door and kneels before it, checking for any traps and listening for any sound coming from the other side.

Trapfinding: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


The door to the east is unlocked and looking inside reveals a surprisingly clean lavatory. (D24) The door directly to the south is made of steel wrapped oak and is locked.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira goes to the south door and does her thing.

Perception, listening at door: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

If nothing can be heard from the other side of the door then Moira will use her MW lock pick set to unlock the door.
Disable Device,Unlocking door with MW Rogue Kit: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 = 16


It takes Moira a couple of tries to get the lock to open, but eventually she is successful. While she works, she catches snippets of murmured voices from beyond the door.


retired

Graythan shifts impatiently at the back of the group, worried that their mark will use the alarm rising in the complex to cover his escape. Despite his growing misgivings, the gruff man stays quiet and continuously glances over his shoulder to cover the group's rear.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira, using hand gestures, indicates that she hears sound from the other side of the door. She slowly prepares her crossbow before opening the door.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Nodding in silent agreement that he understands, Ignius raises his hands and prepares to weave a spell. He knows that at this point offers of clemency would fall on callous souls, and the Lotus Dragons would kill him and all of his companions if given the chance. He wonders how it all came to this. How a simple task to retrieve a ring and an inheritance nearly lead to their deaths more than once. The law, the older man knew would be useless against such people who would willingly take matters into their own hands. He hated this, but he had no choice. Grimly he resigned himself.


Moira eases open the door and is greeted by a trio of twangs:

Twang: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 4 = 16
Twang: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 3 - 4 = 11
Twang: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 4 = 5

and one bolt flies past the opening door to strike her.
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

You've stumbled onto one of the guilds rally points and a half-dozen thieves lie hold this room secure.

Initiative rolls:

Justified: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Graythan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Rast: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Ignius: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Moira: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Enemy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Combat round 1
27 Ignius
18 Graythan
12 Rast
10 Moira
8 Thieves
8 Justified.

Everyone but Justified i up

CUTPURSE CR 1/2:

XP 200
Human Rogue 1
NE Medium humanoid (human)
Init +7; Senses Perception +3
DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 1: 10/10, 2: 10/10, 3:10/10, 4: 10/10, 5: 10/10, 6:10/10
Fort +1, Ref +5, Will –1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee short sword +3 (1d6+2/19–20)
Ranged light crossbow +3 (1d6/19–20)
Special Attacks sneak attack +1d6


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira feels the sting as a bolt flies past her and slashes her shoulder.
"Damn bastards. Let 'em have it."

She unleashes an arrow from her short bow at the closest target.
Attack, shortbow, BA, Dex: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 4 = 13


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Scowling in distaste, Ignius steps into the room. I diden't wish to do this, but there can be no other way. The wizened man states unapologetically before raising his hands and calling upon his firey ancestry. Completing the spell, Ignius's hand begin to glow with heat and with a Woosh! He pushes them together and outward catching the six thieves in a explosion of superheated air.

____________________________
MA: Position myself in front of Graytham.
SA: Cast burning hands. The cone will catch all six thieves.

Thief 1 save vs. DC18 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 FAIL
Thief 1 damage 3d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 3) = 8 2/10 hp remaining
Thief 2 save vs. DC18 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 PASS
Thief 2 damage 3d4 ⇒ (4, 4, 3) = 11 5 damage, 5/10 hp remaining
Thief 3 save vs. DC18 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 FAIL
Thief 3 damage 3d4 ⇒ (2, 2, 4) = 8 2/10 hp remaining
Thief 4 save vs. DC18 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 PASS
Thief 4 damage 3d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 1) = 8 4 damage, 6/10 hp remaining
Thief 5 save vs. DC18 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 FAIL
Thief 5 damage 3d4 ⇒ (4, 4, 4) = 12 -2/10 hp remaining
Thief 6 save vs. DC18 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 FAIL
Thief 6 damage 3d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 4) = 10 0/10 hp remaining

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Well, they did line up that way :) Nice us of a spell Ignius! Who is up?


Male Half-elf Cleric/2

Hearing the clatter of crossbows firing as well as the sound of fire roaring, Rast assumes that battle is joined. Propping his trident against the wall, Rast chants "May the blessing of the Sea Queen's grace ease the wounds of this injured man." Reaching out, he lays his free hand on Justified and healing energy seeps through his armor and to the burns that the scalding stew had given him.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Converting Air Bubble to CLW and casting on Justified


retired

Taking advantage of the bandits having crossbows ready, Graythan risks exposing himself to an attack if the nearest lotus has a melee weapon ready, but he dashes past regardless. Taking position in the corner, he wheel around and looses a bolt of his own at one of the thugs.

Mwk hvy xbow (point blank shot): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8for: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Move: move 5 squares into room
Standard: shoot at lower-left bandit on map

Status:

HP: 15/15
AC: 19 (13 T / 16 FF)
CMD: 13
F/R/W: +3/+2/+6
Judgements used: 0/1
Relentless footing used: 0/6
Spell Slots:
Level 1 (2+1) - [ ], [ ], [ ]

Ongoing Effects


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)
Justified* wrote:
Well, they did line up that way :) Nice us of a spell Ignius! Who is up?

Thanks, I have been saving that 1/day spell for a while, waiting for the chance to get maximum use from it!

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Back in the Living Greyhawk Days I was playing a mod with bunch of undead. My wizard wast flying and came across a large group of ghouls. I asked the DM, are you sure that is exactly where they are? He confirmed, so I fireballed. Of course they exactly filled the 20' radius template. :)


Pretty sure you don't roll the damage each time...

Combat round 1
27 Ignius
18 Graythan
12 Rast
10 Moira
8 Thieves
8 Justified.

Init 8

Three of the thugs fall on Ignius,

Attack Thug 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Attack Thug 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Attack Thug 3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Lucky

One reloads and fires at Graythan and the disabled one moves to the door.

Twang: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Everyone is up

CUTPURSE CR 1/2:

XP 200
Human Rogue 1
NE Medium humanoid (human)
Init +7; Senses Perception +3
DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 1: 2/10, 2: 5/10, 3:2/10, 4: 6/10, 5: dead/10, 6:0/10
Fort +1, Ref +5, Will –1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee short sword +3 (1d6+2/19–20)
Ranged light crossbow +3 (1d6/19–20)
Special Attacks sneak attack +1d6


retired

Mwk hvy xbow (pbs, firing into melee): 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 4 = 20for: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 4 = 4for another: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Graythan, with practiced ease, fluidly draws another bolt, sets it, and fires a shot at one of the lotuses swarming over Ignius. He offers a grim smirk as the thug slumps down at the ifrit's feet before turning his eerie gaze to the lotus with the crossbow. "Do you want me to come for you next?"

Status:

HP: 15/15
AC: 19 (13 T / 16 FF)
CMD: 13
F/R/W: +3/+2/+6
Judgements used: 0/1
Relentless footing used: 0/6
Spell Slots:
Level 1 (2+1) - [ ], [ ], [ ]

Ongoing Effects

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Unable to get into the room Justified attacks past Moira with his Glaive Guisarme.

Reach Weapon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 151d10 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Been so long since I got to act I have forgotten - do we have any buffs?


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira attacks the closest rogue but misses. "Stop moving you bastards."
Attack Rapier: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Ignius withdraws out of the room, Rast just hangs out

Two of the thieves drop.

Combat round 2
27 Ignius
18 Graythan
12 Rast
10 Moira
8 Thieves
8 Justified.

Round 2 Init 8

Of the remaining thieves, one moves to attack Moira, another Graythan and the severely wounded one unlocks the door.

Attack vs Moira: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Attack vs Graythan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Everyone is up

CUTPURSE CR 1/2:

XP 200
Human Rogue 1
NE Medium humanoid (human)
Init +7; Senses Perception +3
DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 1: dead/10, 2: dead/10, 3:2/10, 4: 6/10, 5: dead/10, 6:0/10
Fort +1, Ref +5, Will –1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee short sword +3 (1d6+2/19–20)
Ranged light crossbow +3 (1d6/19–20)
Special Attacks sneak attack +1d6


retired

Greythan frowns as the thug steps up to him. With a steely look, he casts his crossbow aside as he draws his morningstar from his hip. "Up close and personal then? So be it." He feints left and brings the his weapon around from the right, smashing into the side of the lotus' head.
morningstar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18for: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Status:

HP: 15/15
AC: 19 (13 T / 16 FF)
CMD: 13
F/R/W: +3/+2/+6
Judgements used: 0/1
Relentless footing used: 0/6
Spell Slots:
Level 1 (2+1) - [ ], [ ], [ ]

Ongoing Effects

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified delays to see if Moira can drop the cutpurse in front of her.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Moira lunges and tries to stab her opponent. She misses her target and says "You stupid rapier. You're making look bad in front my friends."

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Seeing the rogue miss, Justified attacks over her head, hoping to bring the man down.

Glaive-Guisarme: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 191d10 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

If he droops the man he moves into the room to stand beside the cutpurse at the door.

I recommend you surrender. he says threatening the man with his mailed fist.


retired

Greythan snorts in satisfaction as he witness the other lotus fall to Moira and Justified.

That'd drop an uninjured lotus, Justified, so yeah, I think you got him. Well done! =)


END of Combat

The scrawny thief drops his dagger, as Justified looms over him.

"I yield! Don't kill me!"

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Picking up the dagger Justified asks the cutpurse What lies beyond that door?


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira goes off to the side seeming to strangle the hilt of her rapier. "You Little Prick. You didn't do anything. These guys dont play around." The rogue continues to scold the blade.


retired

As Justified focuses on the survivor and Moira scolds the non-performing, Graythan sets to work retrieving his crossbow and patting down the vanquished lotuses.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Heaving a sigh of relief, Ignius nods in thanks to the others. I have been saving that spell for some time. But once they closed in on me, I had to fall back. Thanks for covering me. Glancing around the room, Ignius frowns. So what do you all propose we do about that one?


Male Half-elf Cleric/2

Finally stepping in to the room, Rast looked around the room and, spotting the remaining thief, simply keeps an eye on him, listening for the ring of truth or lies in his words.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

701 to 750 of 2,578 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fanguar's Savage Tide PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.