GM Fanguar's Savage Tide (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

High adventure on the high seas.
Current Map


301 to 350 of 2,578 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Perception +0, what was I thinking?


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 I can make the perception if I can get an assist.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Grun urges his mount forward, apparently impatient.


Double doors or other single door? Also, do we have a marching order?

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

A map would help a lot. I propose the single door and an order of Moira, Justified, Sun and Wizard in the back. Justified will of course step up when there is trouble. With reach though it might be better that Moira stay up front until/unless she gets hurt.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Yeah. Let the little girl lead the group into danger. Well, we all know you are not a cavalier. ;-)

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Hey, I am a good character! ;) You gotta find the traps, and if we are single file with me in the front only I can attack. If you are in front we both can. But if you get wounded, or even feel threatened, just duck back behind the cleric. We could leave a space for you there if you want.


Map updated, you're in the big room.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Justified - just thinking about the imagary. Quite ironic that a little girl would lead the group. Anyways, I agree with your sound strategy.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

The map reinforced that I would like to check out the single door first, but before that close the doors we came though. If someone is behind us that might prevent them from totally surprising us.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira makes a left turn to check on the north-west door and starts cehcking for traps.
Perception,Trapfinding: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Come, Grikk. Let us sally forth...

Grun, astride the noble Grikk, stalks forth across the cavernous chamber.


Moira finds no traps and pushes open the door to reveal a short hallway that ends in another door. The trail of blood leads through this door. You can see that the door has been wedge shut from the other side. DC16 Str check to force open or you can destroy the door (Hardness 5;hp 10)


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Come, Moira... push. The diminutive reptilian dismounts and gives the door a determined shove.

The gods are with us.

Strength Check: 1d20 ⇒ 19


Grun gives the decrepit door a mighty shove and the door's hinges, unable to withstand the force, give way and the whole thing tumbles forward with a hollow boom.

The room beyond the door is a charnel house. The blood and gore of at least 2 men is strewn about the room, the smell of which suggests that they have been rotting for a while. Three rotted shambling forms, gnaw on these remains. Behind them, the shattered remains of another door leads deeper into the tunnels.

The three creatures moan, their mouths opening unnaturally wide, revealing sharp teeth.

Initiative rolls:

Justified: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Grun: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Ignius: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Moira: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Enemy: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Round 1:
21 Ignius
13 Justified
9 Grun
9 Zombies
6 Moira

Map Updated. You guys are up


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Recoiling at the sudden stench of offal and rot, Ignius takes a half step back. At least in the desert the sun would dry out a body and eliminate the odor. Justified, Moira, try to push forward. I have a spell that will call forth a blast of flame from my hands but I would need to be close and can't do it where I am at.
____________________________
Holding my action until I have a clear path to use Burning Hands. I think I will go on an initiative of 8 to give the chance for Grun and Justified to move up.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Wait! Fall back into the larger space!

Liberty's Edge

M Human (unarmed) Fighter/11

Zombies go before Moria so Justified will have to hold the line.

Fall back Grun. I will hold until everyone is in the large room.

Justified delays for Grun.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Grun and Grikk move back and as far east as possible.

Liberty's Edge

M Human (unarmed) Fighter/11

Justified will move up into Grun's place and attack the creature directly in front of him with his pole arm.

Reach attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d10 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

"Hehehe...I was thinking the same thing. We can use the corridor as a bottle neck. When they come through we whack 'em."
Moira moves back into the bigger room with rapier in hand.


Stats:

AC 13,touch 10,flat-footed 13 hp 16/16, 16/16
; DR 5/slashing
Immune undead traits
Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +3

Justified's slash deftly takes the head off of one the zombies, dropping it to the floor. The 2 others advance past the reach of his weapon and moan hungrily.

AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12miss
AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9miss

Ignius and Moira are up, then top of the order again.

Liberty's Edge

M Human (unarmed) Fighter/11

Nice to let me take two AOOs, even if you missed. I am not sure the one from the south would have provoked is it might have had cover from the doorway.

back out of here! Justified calls. I will withdraw into the room behind us.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira retreats back into the bigger room. Amazingly, the young rogue does not have any colorful comments about the current situation.


Ignius, Justified and Grun may act.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

I am retreating! Ignius calls out, falling back to the larger room. The hallway is too tight for me to properly cast spells.
___________________
I moved myself on the googledocs map.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

I didn't realize that we could move our icons. I did the same. I moved Moira 30 feet to her current location, as described in her previous post.

Liberty's Edge

M Human (unarmed) Fighter/11

Justified withdraws into the large room, choosing a position that will allow him to make AOOs if the zombies advance. (No map from my phone. )


Male Grippli Cleric 1

No, Grikk... They do not taste good. Up-up... Grun advances 10 feet along the surface of the north wall

Attack, xBow: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 4 = 6
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Kn Religion, facts: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


@Grun: These are a sub-type of zombie, known as ravenous zombies. They are driven by an overwhelming need to feed. They usually arrise from the corpses of cannibals.

The two remaining zombies advance into the room and Justified stikes one soundly when it enters the room, but misses the other.
zombies' partial actions rule sucks...
AoO1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
AoO2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Stats:

AC 13,touch 10,flat-footed 13 hp 6/16, 16/16
; DR 5/slashing
Immune undead traits
Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +3

Ignius and Moira are up, then top of the order again


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira, with rapier in hand, takes a 5 foot step west to the closest zombie and lunges with her weapon.

Rapier Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Fumble
Fumble Confirmation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Fumble avoided

The putrid smell of these zombies makes her almost drop her rapier hence missing her target completely.
"Uhhh. These guys really stink."

Liberty's Edge

M Human (unarmed) Fighter/11

Are we using some kind of fumble rules that I am unaware of?


I don't use critical fumble rules, if you want to RP them go for it, but I wont enforce it.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

My action for round one was only the move Fanguar. I don't want to use my limited amount of spells against zombies when Justified has reach and should be able to put them down as long as I manage to stay out of their way.


Justified and grun are up


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Thinking Justy could knock'em down...

Liberty's Edge

M Human (unarmed) Fighter/11

Justified takes a step back diagonally and cuts at the undead closest to him.

Melee Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 131d10 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Male Grippli Cleric 1

The grippli yells encouragement.

Excellent, my friend. Step back away and let them come to you... You are master on the battlefield!

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Now only if they will come to me and not to the others... :)


Justified cuts down the foul creature and when the other zombie moves to attack Moira, he cuts it down too. Lazy DM just previewed the rolls. Combat is over

The fight over, silence once again fills the dark tunnels.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Creatures most foul... Any of them look like the brother?

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Love it when tactics work. :) reach weapons and combat reflexes - yes! Justified will make sure all three are dead before checking to see if they carry anything of use and if, as Sun questions, one of them looks like our man.


reach weapons and combat reflexes boo. I'm going to have to start outfitting all my enemies with long spears.
@Justiified: They are dead, dead.
@Grun: None of them Matches the description of Lavinia's brother.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Very well then, let's search the room these... things were occupying and continue.

Moira, please. The grippli indicates the girl should lead.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira looks at Sun and nods.

The rogue goes through the short hallways and approaches the door where they met the zombies. She removes her special kit and start to look for any traps. "I highly doubt that there are any traps in this room. Those stupid zombies would have set them off if there were any. But I will check anyway....just in case.

Perception, Trapfinding with MW Kit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Anything of worth on the dead, dead? Or in the room we first round them in?


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Grun looks around, eager to move on.

Perception, Zombie Room: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Perception, Next Room: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


@Moira: No Traps
@Justified: Some mundane items, but nothing of value
@all:You are continuing through the zombie room?

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

That is Justified's recommendation.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Ditto.

301 to 350 of 2,578 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fanguar's Savage Tide PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.