GM Fanguar's Savage Tide (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

High adventure on the high seas.
Current Map


501 to 550 of 2,578 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

We have not hurt him, yet. Lavinia. But we intend to. Justified says darkly. We've yet to find him, but he is leaving a trail of carnage to follow. Seems he killed an associate of his named Penkus - betrayed him he did. Then he trapped us in a watery hole full of undead and left us to die. He murdered the informant that tried to help us find him. And now I believe it likely the boy has murdered the Harbor Master as well. He stands, looking at Lavinia, waiting for his harsh words to sink in.


Lavinia's expression swings from disapointed to sad before settling into a grim look of determination.

"I assume that you have some proof to back this up?"

She listens to your account and reads the letter you found on Penkus' corpse.

She sighs and runs a hand over her eyes, wiping away a tear.

"Well its seems that my brother has fallen further than even I would have suspected possible. Even with all of this, I would ask that you still try to take him alive, but I understand if he makes that impossible. He cannot be allowed to continue, so put him down, if he gives you no other option. I do ask that you make it a clean death."

(If you have no other questions Lavinia will excuse herself and leave you to be about your business.)


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira is not shy in partaking in the refreshments. She let's the 'adults' talk amongst themselves as she leans back in one of the comfortable chairs and stares at the ceiling, savoring the drink.

Moira says to the others when Lavinia leaves the room. "You guys think her brother is in this Lotus gang? She really cares for him. Boys can be such jerks." This is another point in time where the young rogue has put her foot in her mouth, realizing on who she made the comment to. "Present company excluded. You three are the most finest gentlemen I have ever met."


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

My thanks Moira Ignius says graciously. As for Vanthus, its hard to say. It seems as if he is mixed up with the Lotus's somehow. He stole most if not all of Lavinia's inheritance and yet she still loves him. It's sad.. but family can do that. Sighing the magi sits down on a plush red velvet chair and sipped his fiery brandy slowly. Regardless we need to find him. I suggest we take advantage of the rest of the day to do some shopping and then start looking for answers tomorrow? Does everyone agree? Also I think its best that until we know more we don't travel alone. No one leaves by themselves. I would hate for anything to happen to one of you, in order for us to "get the message".

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Other than the wand, I do not need anything but might pick up a few items. I will gladly serve as a body guard for those who wish to shop. If I run across some smoked goggles or Blade Guard I may pick them up. And I have been thinking that spring loaded wrist sheaths might be just the thing for this alchemical fire.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

"I suggest that our search begins at night. A different kind of element is out at that time. We can go shopping now then return to get some rest, then head out, say 9 or 10 and do our search."

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Do not forget that we have the clue from the note. "Under the Taxidermy shop."


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira, leaning back in a nice comfortable chair, takes her new silver dagger and starts to clean the dirt from underneath her finger nails.
"Yeah. We can enter the shop at night when no one is around."


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Grun merely let's the big folk decide the next move. He considers the Goddess and the increased powers she's entrusted him with.

How will he ever prove himself worthy?

Sorry guys, rolling back on a systems upgrade... busy at the moment. Should be mostly done leveling.


You guys can use diplomacy checks to gather information regarding the lotus dragons or the location of the this taxidermy shop.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Yes, I think thats an excellent idea. Ignius states before the group heads out into the city to purchase new wares. After several hours of shopping, Ignius begins greasing palms with bits of silver and gold attempting to learn about the lotus dragons and where they might lair at.
_______________________________
Diplomacy for information about the lotus dragons: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Diplomacy for information about the taxidermy shop: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Assist to Diplomacy,Lotus Dragons: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

Assist to Diplomacy,Taxidermy Shop: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Justified tries to help, but his presence is at best neutral in the gathering of information.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

diplo: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9


DMDice:

Slight of hand: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Ignius Perc: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

You regroup after a long day of searching for any information regarding your quarry, but only Ignius managed to find anything of note. His probing managed to dig up two bits of information regarding the lotus dragons:

1: The Lotus Dragons are a new guild of thieves, though they seem to be a lot more organized than the other fly-by-night guilds that heva been popping up over the past few years.

2: Word on the street is that they have more than just people working for them; they have ties to animal smugglers and keep the worst of the lot in their guildhall as guardians.

He also has success inquiring about the taxidermist's hall mentioned in Penkus' letter. It appears to refer to the Taxidermist's guild hall. A modest shop that sells the products of the city's taxidermists. (you have directions and can go visit it at any time)

Ignius:
Rummaging in a pocket for something or other, your hand closes on a folded piece of paper. Note: You are being watched by the Lotus Dragons. Your questions will bring you misery. It's best to sit back and let things happen as they will. Further interference will only bring you tears.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

After a successful day of shopping, Ignius returns back to the manor. It had been by agreement that the group would remain together for at least as long as they had resolved the situation with the prodigal brother Vanthus. The group’s memory of the dead informant was still fresh in their minds and none were willing to take the chance that they might be the next target for the man’s ire. As Ignius begins laying out his purchases on an end table in the same study that they had planned the days excusing in, he frowned feeing a foreigner object in his pocket. Digging it out his eyes became hard. Biting down on the inside of his cheek he handed the scroll first to Justified and then to Grun and finally Moira.

You are being watched by the Lotus Dragons. Your questions will bring you misery. It’s best to sit back and let things happen as they will. Further interference will only bring you tears. Ignius read aloud, before rubbing his bearded chin thoughtfully. Well it seems that our attempts to remain unnoticed failed us. Sighing, Ignius turned to the rest of the group. I think we need to deal with this. The magi said quietly, gesturing to the note. They know who we are now. If we weren’t a target before we are now. Suggestions?


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

"Let's head to the taxidermist. Maybe we can get into some trouble over there."


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

It looks like there is no additional imput, lets move along to the taxidermist shop.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

If the Lotus riff raft believe they can scare us away they have another thing coming. Wrong approach with me. I am ready to go show them the error of their ways.


Ready for trouble, you suit up and head for the taxidermist's. Your going is slow in the crowded streets of Sassarine and the press of the crowd is all around you, but eventually, the shop you are looking for comes into view.

Feeling a slight tug at his side, Justified turns to see his belt pouch held in a young cutpurse's hand. The boy, who could be no more then ten, gives a guilty smile and then bolts down a nearby alleyway

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified will try to trip, but not hurt the rapscallion.

The fighter's pole arm flashes out entangling the lads legs before can get away.

trip: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17

If he is successful he will move to grab the boy.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

You think the child is connected?

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

I think its am ambush, but I am not letting the child have that gold.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Hmm... They would use a child? Grun looks around...


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

"Please Mr. Justified. Don't hurt the boy. He may have no choice."


Sorry for the delay. I was waffling on how I wanted this to all play out. I've come down on the side of story encounter vs combat encounter, at least for the moment. If you would really prefer to roll the dice, I'll acquiesce and roll initiative.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Story is good... :)


Going to assume everyone agrees with Grun then...

Grunting with surprise, Justified shouts "Stop thief! and barrels after the nimble lad, the others in tow. The child makes to the nearest alley and you follow in behind. After several twists and turns, the alley opens into a closed courtyard. A man stands in the centre and the pickpocket tosses Justified's purse to him and he flicks a coin the kids way in return. The whole exchange happens in a blink of an eye and the boy runs through an open door, the only other visible exit form the courtyard, that closes behind him.

The man holds out a hand and in a firm voice says, "Stop there. That's close enough gentlemen."

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

So, Justified does not trip the lad then? I am ok with that in the interest of the story, but I have to believe a 17 beats the boy's CMD.


Mechanistically, we would have to roll initiative. Then if you win you would get a chance to trip him and I would have to decide if the busy streets would mean that there would any cover from NPCs. If he wins then things would as is. Hence me asking if you wanted to roll. I guess technically, I should have rolled a slight of hand vs your perception to begin and so forth.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Somewhat complicated by the fact that Justified has Combat Reflexes, which makes the initiative roll not very important. But since its a plot devise lets just get back to the game. I did not mean to derail us.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Grun and Grikk stop in mistride. What is this, you use a child? Despicable.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira stops behind Sun and begins to slowly unsheath her rapier.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


"We use the resources that we have available to us. You don't seem to listen to subtle suggestions, so we felt that a more direct response was required. So as much as it offends my sensibilities, I am forced to be blunt. Stop your inquiries into the whereabouts of Vanthus Vanderboren. Stop your inquiries regarding the Lotus Dragons. Pretend your never heard them. Forgo your search and live your lives in peace. This is your last warning."

Perc DC20:
You catch a glimpse of movement above in the roof tops.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

going to wait on the party before responding to this threat.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

It's obvious we have you at a disadvantage. You're nervous and not thinking straight.. Grun blinks up at the man.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Moira begins to look around and feels uneasy for no reason.


@Justified: Did you want to add anything or shall I continue?

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

He failed the spot check and stands ready to defend himself. We have a job to do and will not be scared off by thugs like you. Ask some local sailors about an unplanned swim... He takes a threatening step towards the man.

He will move in attack if "something" does not happen to stop him.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 271d10 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 231d10 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


The man's smug look of satisfaction barelu has time to leave his face as Justified suddenly and viciously runs him through. He twitches feebly for a moment before sliding lifeless to the stone cobbles. A hail of crossbow bolts rain down upon Justified from the rooftops above, but he emerges with barely a scratch. Four men can clearly be seen on the roof an building flanking the alley way.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

spoiler=Initiative rolls]
Justified: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Grun: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Moira: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Enemy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
[/spoiler

Round 1
15 Moira
8 Thugs
6 Justified
6 Grun

The walls are DC15 climb. You can also just run back to the main street.

CUTPURSE CR 1/2 x3:

XP 200
Human Rogue 1
NE Medium humanoid (human)
Init +7; Senses Perception +3
DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 10 (1d8+2)
Fort +1, Ref +5, Will –1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee short sword +3 (1d6+2/19–20)
Ranged light crossbow +3 (1d6/19–20)
Special Attacks sneak attack +1d6


Male Grippli Cleric 1

What is wrong with you?!

Grun pulses healing energies to all around and rushes to the down figure. He hopes he can save the human.

Channel Positive: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira scurries like a small rat to the side at the first sign of bolts flying by. Any place to get cover?


@Grun: He is obviously and messily dead, if you want to use your action for something else.
@Moira: Not in the courtyard itself, you can run for the alley or there's the door the street urchin fled through.

Round 1
15 Moira
8 Thugs
6 Justified
6 Grun

Round 1 init 8

The thugs reload and fire, focusing on Justified:

Twang 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Twang 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Confirm?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Twang 3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

CUTPURSE CR 1/2 x3:

XP 200
Human Rogue 1
NE Medium humanoid (human)
Init +7; Senses Perception +3
DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 10 (1d8+2)
Fort +1, Ref +5, Will –1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee short sword +3 (1d6+2/19–20)
Ranged light crossbow +3 (1d6/19–20)
Special Attacks sneak attack +1d6

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Through the door. Justified calls in the rain of crossbow bolts coming down on him. Two of the bolts graze him, their sharp heads cutting paths through his skin. A third plunges into the meaty flesh of his thigh and he lets out a quick sharp cry. Significantly wounded, he grabs the collar of the down man and drags him towards the door.

Is there a map? Not sure of ranges. Justified is hoping that Moria will get the door open so that he can grab the body and drag it through the door.


Male Grippli Cleric 1

Grun's action stands (after Justified's action). Little grippli if awestruck by the sudden violence.

Justified will be healed 6hp. Anyone else, if they're down.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira runs to the door and tries to open it.
Locate Traps: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Disable Device (if needed): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26


No map. Don't worry about ranges in the courtyard. If you have a specific dimension you want to know, ask and I'll provide it, but you can drag the corpse to the door in one turn.
@Moira: It's locked, with a crossbar. No traps.Good wooden door hardness 5, 15 hp, STR DC18 to break down.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Seeing Moria pausing at the door and wanting out of the ally, Justified moves at the door, hitting it with his shoulder as he tries to knock it open.

Strength Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

"Nice going big man."
Moira sees Justified being preoccuppied with the door so she immediately lends a hand by dragging the body through.


The door explodes inwards in a shower of splinters. It takes a second for your eyes to adjust to the dimmer interior, when they do, you find yourselves in a large kitchen. A number of woman in floury aprons stare at you and the bloody corpse you're dragging in shock, before they start to scream in alarm.


Female Aasimar Sensei-Four Winds Monk 2/Inquisitor 7
Stats:
HP 75/84 AC 23 (27 w/ Mage Armor) touch 21 (25), flat 20 (24), CMD 19, F+10 R+8 W+14, Temple Sw +14 (1d8+4 19-20/x2), Lg Bow +7, CMB +11, Init +8, Perc +18

Moira puts her index and middle finger the man's neck to look for a pulse.
Heal, unskilled: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
"Mr Grun, you think he is still alive?"

501 to 550 of 2,578 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fanguar's Savage Tide PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.