GM Fanguar's Savage Tide (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

High adventure on the high seas.
Current Map


651 to 700 of 2,578 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified leads the group through the room and to the far door. Lets toss this room quickly and then keep moving. He then asks Moria, the door? as he begins to search the room for clues and valuables.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira goes to the door and puts her ear to it.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Then the young rogue determines if there are any traps.
Locate/Disarm Traps: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


retired

Graythan stays silent and alert as those up front deal with the door and any possible surprises it might hold.


Nothing of value turns up in a quick once over. The door is unlocked and trap free and opens back into the hallway.

Sorry for the delay, holidays etc...
In this area there is a door around to the north and two to the south.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

It's hard to say how large of a complex we are dealing with. Ignius states quietly. Perhaps we should focus on each "second" one at a time. We start by moving south and when all doors in that direction run out, then we pick another direction.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified opens the door and moves on. If we could move with a standard protocol that would be great. Moira checks the doors and anything interesting for traps. We search and detect magic as we go and then maybe you can move us forward to when we find something?


Female Aasimar Sensei-Four Winds Monk 2/Inquisitor 7
Stats:
HP 75/84 AC 23 (27 w/ Mage Armor) touch 21 (25), flat 20 (24), CMD 19, F+10 R+8 W+14, Temple Sw +14 (1d8+4 19-20/x2), Lg Bow +7, CMB +11, Init +8, Perc +18

Moira will take either the standard Take 10 or Take 20 if there is no duress in order to keep the game moving.


retired

"Agreed. Let's turn south and make sure our quarry's not lurking behind us before we press northward."


Sounds good. South it is, but back to the southern hallway of one of the southern doors?


retired

Let's go with the door directly south of the "D3" label on the map as our next stop on this exploration train

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Agree.


retired

As the group wends their way through the halls and doors, Graythan asks from the back, "So I know how Rast and I came into Lavinia's employ, but what's your lot's story? Been after her brother for very long?"


Male Half-elf Cleric/2

"While wee are here, let's see where the southern doors lead," Rast comments form his position close to the back.


D4
Four large casks stand against the western wall;judging from the scent in the air, they're filled with rum. A quick search finds nothing other than the obvious.
>80: 1d100 ⇒ 45

D20
Continuing down the hallway you pass through a couple of doors and push your way into what is obviously the guilds mess hall. Along banquet table fills this room, leaving barely any clearance to the east and west. A large cage filled with listless tropical birds stands to the northwest.
>80: 1d100 ⇒ 86

As you step into the room, a patrol of three thieves bursts into the room from another entrance to the east.

Initiative rolls:

Justified: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Graythan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Rast: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Ignius: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Moira: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Enemy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

26 Ignius
13 Thugs
8 Graythan
8 Moira
6 Justified
5 Rast

CUTPURSE CR 1/2 x3:

XP 200
Human Rogue 1
NE Medium humanoid (human)
Init +7; Senses Perception +3
DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 10 (1d8+2)
Fort +1, Ref +5, Will –1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee short sword +3 (1d6+2/19–20)
Ranged light crossbow +3 (1d6/19–20)
Special Attacks sneak attack +1d6

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

And you are playing Ignius, I believe. Right?


Email exchanging with him

Ignius wrote:


Quietly Ignius looks towards Rast and Graythan. It started out pretty simply. We were working for Lavinia trying to help her track down her inheritance. Eventually we found out that her brother must have stolen it. That’s when he decided to try to bury us alive on one of the islands out in the bay. Once we got back to the city, threats started piling up against us and it was clear that our lives were in risk. Running his hands softly over his beard in thought, the older magi sighs. I'm not keen for bloodshed by any means, but I will do what it takes to protect myself. Its clear that Lavinia's brother is working with the guild and they will kill us, so we decided to take matters into our own hands. Suddenly as the door bursts open, Ignius takes a half step back. His desert ancestory gives the man enough warning to leap out of the way before pummeling the nearest thief with a blazing wave of sonic heat. Lookout! We are under attack.

MA: Move to any possible cover.
SA: cast Ear-pircing scream against nearest rogue 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 vs. DC18
5/7 1st level spells remaining. Mage Armor is currently in effect raising my AC to 16

Round 1, Init 13

26 Ignius
13 Thugs
8 Graythan
8 Moira
6 Justified
5 Rast

Thug 1 is dazed

Thug 3 Acro: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Thug 2 Attack vs Graythan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Thug 3 Attack vs Justified: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (4) = 7

CUTPURSE CR 1/2 x3:

XP 200
Human Rogue 1
NE Medium humanoid (human)
Init +7; Senses Perception +3
DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 1: 10/10, 2: 10/10, 3:10/10
Fort +1, Ref +5, Will –1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee short sword +3 (1d6+2/19–20)
Ranged light crossbow +3 (1d6/19–20)
Special Attacks sneak attack +1d6


Everyone else is up


retired

Graythan steps to his left and lets his crossbow clatter to the floor at his feet. He brandishes his morningstar and swings it at the thug who had just tried to attack him in turn, but the tight quarters and nearness of the walls hinders his swing.

morningstar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11for: 1d8 ⇒ 2

updated token on map

Status:

HP: 15/15
AC: 19 (13 T / 16 FF)
CMD: 13
F/R/W: +3/+2/+6
Judgement uses remaining: 0/1
Relentless footing uses remaining: 0/6
Spell Slots:
Level 1 (2+1) - [ ], [ ], [ ]

Ongoing Effects
none

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified touches the fingers of his hand to the wound and then tastes his own blood as he steps away from the thug. Turn about… He slices the air with his glaive, bringing it down on the man hard.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 181d10 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira draws her rapier and looks to flank with any of her teammates. If not then she will move up to attack.

Attack,rapier: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Half-elf Cleric/2

Trident and shield already out, Rast moves into the room as he says "My the Sea Queen damn you for your disrespect of law." He follows up his words with a jab of his trident against the thug directly south of Graythan.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Forgot earpiercing scream damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Ignius wrote:

Seeing the first of the three thief’s fall and one of the two remaining momentarily stunned Ignius gives a nod. It was not a nod satisfaction, but rather resignation. The man took no joy in killing, despite the fact that the Lotus Dragons were a threat to his life and livelihood. As one leapt in towards Rast and a second towards Justified, Ignius targeted the first man who he had already weakened with a concussive blast of his eldritch power. Pointing at the man, the air shimmered around his hand and suddenly a thin rod of superheated flame shot towards the thief.

SA: Cast ray of frost and convert to fire damage:
>Ranged Touch vs ray of frost 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 vs. touch AC of 13
>> ray of frost damage 1d3 ⇒ 1 fire damage

Actually I was mistaken, I have 4/6 1st level spells remaining for the day.

Round 2, Init 13

26 Ignius
13 Thugs
8 Graythan
8 Moira
6 Justified
5 Rast

With little room to manoeuvre, the two remaining thugs step forward and continue to press the attack:

Attack vs Graythan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Attack vs Rast: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

but they run afoul of the slick footing caused by the pool of blood spreading from their dead companion.
Everyone is up

CUTPURSE CR 1/2 x2:

XP 200
Human Rogue 1
NE Medium humanoid (human)
Init +7; Senses Perception +3
DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 1: dead/10, 2: 6/10, 3:7/10
Fort +1, Ref +5, Will –1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee short sword +3 (1d6+2/19–20)
Ranged light crossbow +3 (1d6/19–20)
Special Attacks sneak attack +1d6

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified moves to flank with Greythan and slices at the thug, cutting him down, a look of firm determination on his face.

Gliave: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 261d10 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


retired

Graythan seems about to bring his morningstar to bear on one of the Lotuses, but Justified's glaive suddenly sends a spray of blood arcing through the air and the thug collapses in a lifeless heap before the bounty hunter can even swing.

He stands tall then and, squaring his shoulders, turns to face the remaining thug. He locks his gaze with him, his eerie eyes threatening to mesmerize the last of the patrolling thieves.

Concentration (DC 15): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Success!
Daze, Will save DC 14 or dazed 1 round

Status:

HP: 15/15
AC: 19 (13 T / 16 FF)
CMD: 13
F/R/W: +3/+2/+6
Judgement uses remaining: 0/1
Relentless footing uses remaining: 0/6
Spell Slots:
Level 1 (2+1) - [ ], [ ], [ ]

Ongoing Effects


Male Half-elf Cleric/2

Getting his shield up to block the wide blow, Rast jabs out once more, concentrating on the task at hand and not uttering a word.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Moira attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9(miss)
Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2(fail)

The rogue can't seem to turn his eyes away and stands there dumbly.

Rogue misses turn, everyone is up

CUTPURSE CR 1/2:

XP 200
Human Rogue 1
NE Medium humanoid (human)
Init +7; Senses Perception +3
DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 1: dead/10, 2: dead/10, 3:7/10
Fort +1, Ref +5, Will –1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee short sword +3 (1d6+2/19–20)
Ranged light crossbow +3 (1d6/19–20)
Special Attacks sneak attack +1d6


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Oops. Didnt realize that Moira needed to attack.
Moira continue her attack and lunges with her rapier.
Attack, Rapier: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Male Half-elf Cleric/2

With one of the rogue dropping to the ground, Rast presses the attack, driving his trident towards the remaining opponent.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified moves around to flank the man and says reasonably. Your friends are down. Give up and talk and we will let you go. Don't make us kill you.

Readied action to attack if he does not give up.


retired

Taking advantage of the man's lethargy, Graythan moves like water, flowing evenly and quickly around the thug and into the hall to cut off any possible retreat. Once in position, he whips around with a backhand strike.

morningstar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16for: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Status:

HP: 15/15
AC: 19 (13 T / 16 FF)
/w shield: 20 (13 T / 17 FF)
CMD: 13
F/R/W: +3/+2/+6
Judgement uses remaining: 0/1
Relentless footing uses remaining: 0/6

Spell Slots:
Level 1 (2+1) - [ ], [ ], [ ]

Ongoing Effects


Between Rast and Graythan the remaining thug from the patrol drops limply to the ground. Combat is over(for the moment). A quick search of the downed men turns up 37 gp in coin and their combat gear. As you rifle through their belongings, you can't help but hear a few distant shouts as the guild hall readies its defences.

The smells coming from behind the door to the south, though unpleasant, suggest that the kitchens lie that way.

Kitchens or elsewhere. First to post gets to choose.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Kitchen.

I could use some healing. Justified says.


Male Half-elf Cleric/2

Though he had a few cuts, Rast was thinking to conserve resources until he heard the shout of alarm and the movement to people mobilizing from somewhere in the hideout. Asking all to gather, Rast grasped the holy medallion around his neck and whispered, "May the refreshing waves of the ocean relieve one's pain." As he finished, a slight sting, like salt water entering an open wound, is felt wherever people are injured before the feeling is replaced with a soothing, warm sensation as their wound mend.

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Using two used of Channel Energy


retired

Graythan shivers involuntarily as each wave of healing energy washes over him, a look of irritation washing briefly over his face with each one. "The alarms will make it even harder to catch our quarry. Let us move quickly." Slipping his morningstar back onto its clip at his side, he readies his crossbow and moves ahead with the group. As he passes by Rast, he offers as an aside, "You know it stings when you do that, right?"

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

My thanks Rast. Justified says as he grasps his weapon and moves into the kitchen.


Male Half-elf Cleric/2

Taking his trident in hand once more, Rast simply gives a playful smile as he replies, "Well, it can't be as bad as having your flesh boil, and your bones turn to ash." Those in the know would understand that Rast had described what happens to undead that face the holy might of a clerics channeling. However, the vividness of the description was accompanied with a light tone for while Rast hadn't traveled with Graythan for long, he had learned to put up with the man's sometime dour mood with a bit of levity.


A battered wooden table sits in this room, its surface covered with knives, pots, and other cooking implements. A fireplace to the south keeps this room relatively dry, if smoky. A bubbling cauldron simmers over the fire, the unseen contents filling the room with a pleasant aroma.

Sproing!! vs touch AC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

As Justified steps into the doorway, a metal bar is loosed, launching the cook pot, and its scalding contents, directly at him.

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

A cursory glance is enough to tell that the crude catapult was not triggered by the door opening and must have been activated manually.

A pair of doors lead out off the kitchen, one is open and looks to be a pantry, the other door is closed.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Cursing as the hot liquid hits him Justified moves in quickly looking for his attacker.

Wow, damage could have been much worse. Justified is down 5 now.


Male Ifirit (Native Outside) Sorcerer (Fire Bloodline) 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/12(16) / HP 12 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Init. +11 / Perc. +1)

Sniffing in distaste, Ignius steps around the now cooling pool of of the cook pots contents. Moria, I thought you were looking for traps? The elderly man mutters towards the young girl. Perhaps you should spend more time watching our front instead of flashing smiles towards our new companions?


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira pouts at the mage and when he turns his back she stick out her tongue at him.

The young rogue then moves over to Justified and whispers to the man.

Justified:
"Hey big guy, next time let me scout ahead. We can't have you getting badly hurt before any fights." She looks over to the mage. "Do you think Ignius can turn people into frog?"

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Scout ahead. Justified says agreeably. Then he adds conspiratorially Remember our old cleric? He used to be a halfing… I would not make Ignius angry.


retired

Graythan watches the exchange, suppressing a smirk as the unconventional trap spills over Justified.
What an odd and wasteful trap.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira gives a thumbs up and gives a wink at Justified.
The young thief crouches low and looks in the area where Justified was attacked. She takes her time looking for other traps. Take 10 or 20 with a +8 to locate traps.


Moira easily sees that the door itself was not trapped. Going over to where the cauldron launched from, she finds that the whole contraption was rigged with a manual release tied to a string, which leads over to, and under, the closed door.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira puts her index finger to her lips and follows the string to the door. Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

She examines the area looking for a way for a person to manually spring the trap. Looking for any slots in the wall. Somehow they saw Justified enter in the room and sprung the trap. Just a guess.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Moira doesn't find any peep holes. (Simply heard the door open. You guys aren't really being quiet) She does hear some muffled whimpering from behind the door.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira puts her index finger to her lips. She whispers "Shsssh. You guys are really noisy."

She approaches her teammates and whispers, "Let's make pretend to leave, wait a couple of minutes, open the door and surprise them. Or we can just be silient here and wait for them to come out to reset the trap. Then we let the big guy have some fun."


retired

"Did you not hear the alarm being raised? We don't have a few minutes to play cat and mouse with these skulking bandits!" Graythan stomps forward and throws the door open.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Open the door or let me do so. Justified says to Moria as he quickly moves towards the door.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Before anyone approaches the door Moria perform a quick search for traps.
Detect Traps: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Finding nothing that appeared suspicious, Moira opens the door. Inside is a cramped sleeping room. A pile of furs are clumped in one corner and the entire place is decorated with sea shells of all shapes and sizes.

Crumpled in a ball on the pile of furs is a small kobold. It screeches when the door opens. "Oh don't kill poor Churtle. Churtle don't wanna die."

651 to 700 of 2,578 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fanguar's Savage Tide PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.