Clebsch GM Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path

Game Master Clebsch73

Six people hold recovering the Sword of Valor, if they can retake the fortress city of Drezen and strike into the Worldwound itself.

Party Loot

Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress


2,601 to 2,650 of 3,895 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Once PCs are moved into the room P4, we can proceed with whatever actions you want to take from there.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

"Yes, we will see to it that this is cleaned up." The determination in her voice carried a weight to it, a weight that implied she meant more than the altar, and probably more than just the Gray Garrison. She looked Ellena in the eyes. "Let's finish this."

I moved Ellena and Tauni into the room where they were talking.


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

"They saying anything interesting?" Raine asked after a small bemused pause at the information that someone in this complex was speaking Celestial. She moved further in, keeping tension on her bowstring as she prepared to cover the others through the next doorway.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

I have moved Anarya and Avelina into P4. Awaiting the next action by the PCs.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

"Something about not being able to get their spells due to Deskari. We should free them, but be wary of misunderstanding; they may not realize we are liberators."

"Raine, when you were here before, did you go in there? Do you think it is trapped?"


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Raine:
This room was once used to display memorabilia from the First Crusade. It was a kind of museum.

While we have a lull in the action:
Music to set the mood.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena looked around at the others. "Is everyone healed? If so, I can kick in that door and we can storm the room. No way they are prepared for our combined power," she whispered, wanting to be sure she didn't get in too big of a hurry.


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

"It was sort of a museum," Raine said slowly to Tauni's question. "They kept things from the First Crusade in there-- reminders. I don't see any reason it'd be more trapped than the rest of this place, at least. Let's do it."

Ready to door open here!


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the Screen:
DC 13
Anarya: Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Raine: Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 versus demons
Tauni: Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

The door into the museum was not locked nor did anyone see any traps. Upon opening the door, the first person in witnessed a bizarre scene. The room's contents had been smashed and scattered across the room—even the shelves had been shattered and torn apart in places. The decapitated bodies of two knights, their armor and bodies broken and mangled, lay in the ruins. Holding the heads at the far end of the room were two short, ugly creatures. They appeared to be acting out a kind of puppet show play using the heads of the slain knights, speaking in falsetto celestial. Upon seeing the intruders they shrieked and dropped the heads and attacked. They are surprised, however, and so the first actions belong to the PCs in a surprise round.

The creatures were humanoid and about as big as a human but with hunched backs that made them shorter than normal humans but still medium sized in game terms. They had a rat-like tail, rat-like feet, horns, pointed ears, long incisors, and each hand had an extra thumb.

Anarya, Raine, and Tauni:
These PCs recognize these as abrikandilu demons. [CE Medium outsider (chaotic, demon, evil, extraplanar)].

Known as wrecker demons, abrikandilus delight in destroying beauty, be it by rending a fine painting to shreds, reducing a magnificent statue to rubble, or scarring a lovely face. Abrikandilus are formed from the souls of mortals who vandalized art or defaced objects of exquisiteness, particularly those whose acts of destruction were born from jealousy.

Abrikandilus are often used as ground troops in demonic wars, for they are excellent grunts on the battlefield and don’t require weapons or armor to excel at combat. Their penchant for demolishing works of art functions as an additional demoralizing element in battle, for even when abrikandilus are defeated, the damage they have dealt endures as a constant reminder of the value of what they destroyed.

An abrikandilu stands 4 feet tall and weighs 200 pounds.

Tauni and Raine can each view three of the spoilers below to find out what else about these demons they know. Wait until your turn to share what you choose, but limit the amount of talking to what could reasonably be said in 6 seconds.


Senses:
Darkvision 60 feet; Perception +2

DR:
DR 5/cold iron

Immunities:
electricity, poison

Resistances:
Acid 10, cold 10, fire 10

SR:
None

Weaknesses:
hatred of mirrors: An abrikandilu loathes the sight of its own reflection. Using a mirror grants a +5 bonus on Intimidate checks against an abrikandilu. An abrikandilu adjacent to a mirror or attacked by a mirror-carrying creature (at the GM’s discretion, some shields could be considered mirrors) must attempt a DC 15 Will save at the start of its turn. If it fails, it must focus all of its actions that round on attempts to destroy the mirror.

Special Attacks:
Destructive Attacks: An abrikandilu’s natural attacks can threaten and confirm critical hits against objects. In addition, an abrikandilu gains a +5 racial bonus on Strength checks to break or destroy objects.

Mutilation: An abrikandilu’s bite causes horrific and hideous wounds that not only mar beauty but supernaturally diminish a creature’s sense of self-worth. A creature bitten by an abrikandilu must succeed at a DC 13 Fortitude save or gain a –1 penalty on all Charisma-based checks. This penalty stacks, up to a –5 penalty, and it lasts even after the wounds are healed. The penalty slowly fades with time, diminishing by 1 every 24 hours until it reaches 0.
This is a curse effect. The save DC is Constitution-based.


Spell-Like Abilities :
(CL 5th; concentration +6)
3/day—cause fear (DC 12), shatter (DC 13)
1/day—summon (level 1, 1 abrikandilu 50%)

Languages :
Abyssal, Celestial, Draconic; telepathy 100 ft.

Initiative order coming in next post.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
Anarya: Initiative: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
Avelina: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Ellena: Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Karas: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Raine: Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Tauni: Initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Behind the screen:
Abrikandilu 1 Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Abrikandilu 2 Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 18

On the Table:
Tie Breaker required between Ellena and Abrikandilu 1
Ellena: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Abrikandilu 1: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Surprise Round

Tauni
Abrikandilu 2
RaineKaras
Avelina
Anarya

Abrikandilu 1
Ellena


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

"Demons! Use cold iron, but no shocking."

Tauni will delay her surprise action round until after Karas and Raine, since she doesn't want to be the first one into the room.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Too late to edit I noted two lines run together on the initiative order. Here is a correction.
Surprise Round

Tauni (delay)
Abrikandilu 2 (surprised)
Raine
Karas
Avelina
Anarya

Abrikandilu 1(surprised)
Ellena

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina wasted no time in rushing to the doorway, drawing her longsword as she moved.

Just a move action, since it's a surprise round


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

"Definitely not captives," Raine growled as she got a view of the hideous creatures. Tauni's words made her nod shortly and she added on, "Abriwotsits! They can cause terror, or break things, or summon more like 'em! They freak out at mirrors though!"

She raised the bow, sighting along the shaft of the Nexavaran steel arrow, and let loose.

Arrow vs #2's Flatfooted, FE, PBS: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 12

Grinning grimly at her solid hit, Raine took a step back to make room for the others. " 'Ware the teeth! Their bites mutilate!"

(Std to fire, 5-ft step back)


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas made ready and rushed the closest demon.

move action, holding sword, no rage yet


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena follows closely behind Karas, ready to add support to the group's attacks versus the nasty demons.

Could someone please move me 20' toward the baddies? Thanks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Moved Ellena's icon for her.

Tauni followed in the path of the shining warrior, maneuvering to get line of sight to the demons.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Unable to get into the room in time, Anarya quickly called upon her wand's power to bless the party once more.

Bless, +1 morale bonus to attacks and saves vs. fear.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the Screen:
DC 16
Karas: Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Raine: Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Tauni: Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

On the Table:
DC 12
Raine: Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

I assumed Karas delayed long enough to gain the benefit of Anarya's bless spell before moving into the room, which would put him out of the spell's line of effect. Note: I'm going to assume all the squares along th eastern wall are difficult terrain. All others are normal terrain.

Raine's arrow still hit, but the target was just outside of 30 feet range, so the bonus from point blank shot did not apply. There ws an additional -4 due to the cover provided by the door limiting her shot vectors.

Raine got the battle started with an arrow into the chest of one of the demons 12 to demon 2. Anarya drew another divine blessing from her wand to benefit the party, and then Karas and Ellena led the attack into the room, with the spell casters falling in behind.

The demon wounded by Raine's arrow moved a little closer to her and hissed out an arcane word in abyssal. For an instant, something that looked like a dark swarm of insects flew from his mouth and out the door at Raine, vanishing as they washed to either side of her resolute spirit.

Karas, Raine, Tauni:
The spell was cause fear. Raine made the save.

Previous Rounds:
Surprise Round
Tauni (delay)
Abrikandilu 2 (surprised)
Raine (ranged attack, hit, 12 to A2, step)
Karas (delay)
Avelina (move)
Anarya (bless) (bless with wand)
Karas (move)
Abrikandilu 1 (surprised)
Ellena (bless)(move)
Tauni (bless)(move)

Round 1
Abrikandilu 2 (12 lethal)(move, sla)


Raine (bless)
Avelina ((bless)
Anarya (bless)
Karas (bless)
Abrikandilu 1
Ellena (bless)
Tauni (bless)

Round 2
Abrikandilu 2 (12 lethal)


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

GM:
My bad, I thought I was within 30 prior to my move last turn. Will count more carefully. Also, I think I'm shaken now for one round (since I made the save vs the cause fear).

Raine gritted her teeth as unease washed over her, leaving her somewhat shaken though not in full terror.

"That... that all you got?" she yelled back at the demon in its own foul tongue. She stepped back to the spot she had previously vacated to let the others pass, and sent two more arrows at the monster.

5-ft step, rapid shot vs #2. By my count I'm within 30' now, ignore PBS if not

Arrow #1, PBS, FE, bless, cover, shaken, rapid shot: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 4 - 2 = 27 Potential critical
CONFIRM? #1, PBS, FE, bless, cover, shaken, rapid shot: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 4 - 2 = 25

Critical bow damage vs #2, cold iron, PBS/FE X3: 3d8 + 9 + 9 ⇒ (8, 5, 3) + 9 + 9 = 34

An arrow sailed from her bow and sank deep into the throat of the foul creature.

If it's still up:

Arrow #2, same mods: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Raine fired an arrow back at the Abrikandelu that had tried to hit her with a spell and it went straight into his forehead, killing it instantly. You got the damage right, but I'm curious why you added +9 twice instead of just tripling your damage bonus of +6. It adds up to the same, but not sure if you intended something different.

Previous Rounds:
Surprise Round
Tauni (delay)
Abrikandilu 2 (surprised)
Raine (ranged attack, hit, 12 to A2, step)
Karas (delay)
Avelina (move)
Anarya (bless) (bless with wand)
Karas (move)
Abrikandilu 1 (surprised)
Ellena (bless)(move)
Tauni (bless)(move)

Round 1
Abrikandilu 2 (12 lethal)(move, sla)
Raine (bless, shaken)(step, 2 ranged attacks, 1 hit, 34 to A2)


Avelina ((bless)
Anarya (bless)
Karas (bless)
Abrikandilu 1
Ellena (bless)
Tauni (bless)

Round 2
Abrikandilu 2 (46 lethal, dead)
Raine (bless)


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

GM:
No reason, it's just how I mentally sort the math. I go 'static +3 damage, x 3 = 9' and 'circumstantial +3, x 3 = 9'. I just try and make sure I'm doublechecking my numbers as I go, and that math makes more sense to my brain. *shrug*

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Since we're fighting demons now, a few reminders about Anarya: She has Spell Resistance 9 against any spell cast by an evil outsider, and gets +1 on saves against evil outsiders' spells and abilities.

Anarya cast a quick glance at the others to be sure none had been wounded, then reached for her sling as she entered the room.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 4 = 22 Uh, okay.
Confirm?: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 4 = 14 I took the -4 for shooting into melee, but with the +4 for cover Karas is giving it, I doubt this hits.

Damage (Cold Iron): 1d8 ⇒ 8 If It Somehow Crit: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Sending the sling bolt whizzing right under Karas's upraised arm, she struck the demon square in its nose with the cold iron bullet. The projectile slammed home with a satisfying crunch.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Once more the claws emerged as Karas lashed out at the demon in front of him.

Rage, longsword and claw attack

MW Cold Iron Longsword, Bless, Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 17
Damage,Power Attack: 1d8 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 4 = 14
Magic Claw, Bless, Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 17
Damage,Power Attack: 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 4 = 15

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina continued into the room, freezing mid-step as Raine's arrow flew inches from her face straight into the wounded abrikandilu.

"Well...yes. That happened. Clearly, the Goddess's Will protects me."

She waved a hand at the remaining demon. "You there! Tremble appropriately for your situation, filth."

SR Check (if needed): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Word of the Inheritor Ear-piercing Scream: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7
DC 16 fort save to prevent being dazed and to halve the damage. Damage is sonic


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
Demon 1 DC 16 Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Behind the Screen:
DC 18
Anarya: Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Tauni: Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

The air between Avelina and the remaining demon shimmered silently as her magical energy flew into him, distorting his head briefly. The demon shuddered as if hit by something and bruises appeared on his head, leaving him looking about in a daze. 7 lethal to demon, dazed until the start of Avelina's next turn.

Moments later, Anarya's sling bullet slammed into him, adding more marks to his face. 8 lethal to demon.

These attacks softened the demon up for Karas' assault which marred his ugly form even more, hitting with both sword and claw. 29 lethal to demon.

The wretched outsider fell to the ground, dead. The second battle of the Grey Garrison ended almost as quickly as it began.

Previous Rounds:
Surprise Round
Tauni (delay)
Abrikandilu 2 (surprised)
Raine (ranged attack, hit, 12 to A2, step)
Karas (delay)
Avelina (move)
Anarya (bless) (bless with wand)
Karas (move)
Abrikandilu 1 (surprised)
Ellena (bless)(move)
Tauni (bless)(move)

Round 1
Abrikandilu 2 (12 lethal)(move, sla)
Raine (bless, shaken)(step, 2 ranged attacks, 1 hit, 34 to A2)
Avelina (bless)(casts spell, 7 to A1)
Anarya (bless) (move, ranged attack, hits, 8 to A1)
Karas (bless)(2 melee attacks, 2 hits, 29 to A1)
Abrikandilu 1 (44 lethal, dead)
Ellena (bless)
Tauni (bless)

Round 2
Abrikandilu 2 (46 lethal, dead)

The two headless bodies, from what was left of their pulverized armor and gear, appeared to have been paladins. From the decay, it was likely they met their doom during early stages of the incursion. The only undestroyed part of their gear was a very well made morningstar. Inspection with detect magic revealed it was magical. Tauni determined it was a +1 adamantine morningstar. The abrikandilu demons probably tried to destroy it, but could not, even with their enhanced destructive abilities. They apparently used it to destroy much that was in the room, however.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

Nicely done, team Righteous! :)

Raine smiled in dark satisfaction at the quick destruction of the demons.

"I'm sure your goddess helped," she said pithily to Avelina, "but I also know how to aim. I'll listen and guard at the next door, let's search that room quick and keep movin' once it's done. Our pace is good so far."

Letting the others examine the wreckage and destruction for things of value, Raine quickly moved to the door further in, nocking another Nexavaran steel arrow and making sure the passage ahead was clear once the other were ready.

Moved Raine on the map, she'll do the GM-rolled Perceptions etc and listen for movement in the next room.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

In addition to identifying the value of the morningstar, Tauni scanned the room for anything left of value after the demons' destructive presence.

If no one wants to use the morningstar during this assault, Tauni will put it in her haversack.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena nods as the wizard stows the magical weapon. "It could come in handy in a pinch, but I'll be quite happy with Radiance here.". She doesn't mention the scrum she just witnessed, being slightly embarrassed at her slow reaction speed. If anyone could see her face through the helm, it would be blushing bright red.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the Screen:
DC -10 (sound of battle)
Perception, 30', 2 walls: 1d20 + 5 - 3 - 20 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 3 - 20 = -6
Dretch 1: Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Dretch 2: Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Dretch 3: Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Avelina: Perception: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (8) - 4 = 4
Ellena: Perception, 40', 2 doors: 1d20 - 1 - 4 - 10 ⇒ (10) - 1 - 4 - 10 = -5
Karas: Perception, 40', 2 doors: 1d20 + 9 - 4 - 10 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 4 - 10 = 8
Raine: Perception, Kenabres, 2 doors, 20': 1d20 + 14 + 2 - 10 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 14 + 2 - 10 - 2 = 14
Tauni: Perception, 40', 2 doors: 1d20 + 10 - 4 - 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 4 - 10 = 11
Anevia: Perception, 40', 2 doors: 1d20 + 5 - 4 - 10 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 4 - 10 = 10


Searching the room revealed nothing of value that hadn't been completely destroyed by the demons.

Raine heard nothing while the room was searched.

The mongrelfolk and Irabeth moved into the foyer of the garrison, both guarding the door and ready to back the team up.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas spat at the demons as he changed back to normal. he took a moment to try his best to reunite heads with bodies and place them in a more dignified pose. "Bury them later. They didn't deserve that kind of crap."

Karas walked back into the shrine room and waited to move on with the others.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Karas paid his respects to the fallen paladins and returned to the door that would, according to Raine, lead to hall that connected to a temple to Iomedae and a stairway up to the next level. Off the temple was a room that quartered an Iomedae priest in better times. Iomedae knew what was in these rooms now.

Nothing could be heard moving beyond the door and Raine detected no traps, so when all were ready, Raine opened the door and stepped aside for Karas and Ellena to have first crack at anything inside.

I'm assuming you are taking the same general approach to each new room. Let me know if you want to change that.

The room was as Raine remembered, just a connecting hall to the temple and stairs. The doors were closed. Nothing stirred in the hall.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

"It looks safe," Ellena suggested to Raine, as she peeked into the hall. She waited for the new member of the group to give her the all clear sign before she carelessly strode ahead, perhaps endangering all of the group.


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

Raine squinted down the hall over Ellena's shoulder. "Right then," she said with more skepticism, but moved in to check the next doors and listen for demonic activiy.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas fell in line behind Ellena, glancing over his shoulder to check in on everyone else.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:
Raine: Stealth, ACP: 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 11 - 1 = 12
Tiefling Rogue: Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Dretch 1: Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Dretch 2: Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Dretch 3: Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Tiefling Rogue: Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Dretch 1: Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Dretch 2: Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Dretch 3: Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Raine: Perception, Kenabres: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 2 = 23

Cultist 1: Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Cultist 2: Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Cultist 3: Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Cultist 1: Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Cultist 2: Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Cultist 3: Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Modifer to Raine's perception check: -10 (50', door)

Raine crept into the room, but found it hard being as silent as she usually was, due to debris littering the floor. When she got to the door leading to the stairway up to the next floor, she heard nothing for a moment, then noticed something snuffle, a sound that might be made by a creature with a bit of head congestion.

From the north door, she caught the sound of snoring that stopped abruptly, followed by a someone saying low words she could not quite make out.


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

Sorry to delay!

Raine's eyes narrowed at the sounds, gray eyes flicking left and to right. She pointed to the north door and held up two fingers, figuring by the sounds of talking there had to be at least two in there.

The stairs also got a finger point from her and a solitary finger held up. Raine tried to ease the door to the stairwell shut, if it was intact enough to do so and didn't look likely to make a terrible amount of noise.

Raine doesn't like having potential threats able to to come down the stairwell to us, so wants that door shut. If it's already closed, please ignore that bit. If it's open and you need a stealth roll:

Stealth, Favored community: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

The door to the stairwell was already shut and I assumed Raine only listened without attempting to open it.

While we are not yet in melee, let's proceed (in any order) as if this is a single melee round. If you move, roll a stealth roll. If you don't make a roll, I'll assume you took 10. As you post or after everyone has posted, indicate which door you want to deal with first.
Whispering can only be heard 5 feet away and has a perception DC of 15. Casting spells with verbal components cannot be done at a whisper and have a perception DC of 15. The same goes for speaking at a volume that can be heard by anyone in the area.

Raine knows that the door into the stairwell can be locked and barred from the stairwell side of the door. I'm assuming she hasn't yet tried to open the door, so she has no way of knowing if it has been locked and/or barred from the other side. She does not think the temple door had any way to lock it.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

With the group trying to move silently, Ellena held her position and waved the others past her. Ill make enough noise to wake the dead, she thinks, while taking the rear position for the first time. Once the group makes its move, she follows behind.

Since she is going to delay until the others go, probably doesn't need a stealth check. But if so, here goes nothing. Stealth 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (7) - 6 = 1

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Anarya crept into the room, reaching out and silently imbuing Raine with another blessing. A warmth flowed from her hand into the woman, shielding her from evil's wrath.

Stealth: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

Casting protection from evil silently on Raine.


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

Raine gave a small nod of thanks to Anarya, assuming the touch was to convey some blessing or another. She kept her bow trained on the northern door, ready to let one of the front line open it.

With the stairwell door closed, Raine decided to leave it alone; the sound of combat would hopefully be muffled by it.

Not moving any further physical distance, good where I'm at.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Tauni moved up behind Raine, trying to get in position to support her with spells when the door opens. Taking her cues from the scout, Tauni tried to be as quiet as she could in her movements.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas did his best to stay quiat as he stepped up near An arts as he hovered protectively near the angel.

stealth: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:
DC 8
Cultist 1: Perception, Door, 50 ft.: 1d20 + 5 - 5 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 5 - 5 = 3
Cultist 2: Perception, Door, 50 ft.: 1d20 + 5 - 5 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 5 - 5 = 4
Cultist 3: Perception, Door, 50 ft.: 1d20 + 5 - 5 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 5 - 5 = 9

Cultist 1: Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Cultist 2: Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Cultist 3: Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


On the Table:
Anarya: Initiative: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17
Avelina: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Ellena: Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Karas: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Raine: Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Tauni: Initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Surprise Round
Tauni
Anarya
Ellena
Karas
Raine

...
Avelina
...

The door swings open.

First person in:
Blood and filth smear floor of this long room. Six white stone statues of famous heroes line the hall—each clawed, bloodstained, partially smashed, or otherwise defaced. At the far end of the hall, a raised dais holds an upturned alabaster altar. Sitting atop the upside-down altar is a hideous mass of severed limbs that have been stitched together into a vile monstrous insectoid shape. Before the dais, seven ratty bedrolls have been laid out on the floor. Standing at the far end, near the bedrolls are three people wearing chain shirts, holding glaives, and a belt with a spell component pouch, and a strange holy symbol.

Note, the statues provide cover as a person would.


DC 15 Knowledge (religion) to recognize holy symbol:
These appear to be cultists of the demon lord Deskari.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni will delay until after Karas, knowing that he'll probably clear the way for her to follow him in.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena barged right in, intent on becoming a target for whatever was waiting on them in the next room. "We are here to claim this garrison for the w down your weapons, and yield!". Even as she called out her offer, she doubted her words had any chance of penetrating their hearts.

Would someone move me to the square just to the right of the P7? Thanks.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas rushed in after Ellena to form a wall of anger and steel between the cultists and the others.

please move me into the room next to Ellena. Not yet raging


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Ellena moved forward but in her armor, she was not able to get into the room. Karas advanced into the room. Those outside the room heard no immediate sounds of a fight.

When I moved Ellena earlier, I forgot this is a surprise round, so she only gets a single move action, which puts her in the connecting room. Karas can look at the spoiler above to get the description of the room.

Surprise Round
Tauni (delay)
Anarya
Ellena (move)
Karas (move)
Raine
...
Avelina
...


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

I'm good with it. Lol


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Surprise Round.

Quick on the heels of the dragonkin, Tauni went into the room, wand at the ready.

2,601 to 2,650 of 3,895 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Clebsch GM Wrath of the Righteous Adventure: Book 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.