Clebsch GM Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path

Game Master Clebsch73

Six people hold recovering the Sword of Valor, if they can retake the fortress city of Drezen and strike into the Worldwound itself.

Party Loot

Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress


2,651 to 2,700 of 3,893 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>

NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

Raine hurries into the room after Tauni and Karas.

Surprise round move


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
Cultist: Glaive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

I moved Anarya and Avelina into the room. If anyone is not where they want to be, let me know.

Blood and filth smear floor of this long room. Six white stone statues of famous heroes line the hall—each clawed, bloodstained, partially smashed, or otherwise defaced. At the far end of the hall, a raised dais holds an upturned alabaster altar. Sitting atop the upside-down altar is a hideous mass of severed limbs that have been stitched together into a vile monstrous insectoid shape. Before the dais, seven ratty bedrolls have been laid out on the floor. Standing at the far end, near the bedrolls are three people wearing chain shirts, holding glaives, and a belt with a spell component pouch, and a strange holy symbol.

As Karas led the charge into the temple room, one of the men at the far end had a glaive ready and stepped toward Karas and swung at him. But the blade glanced off Karas armor and scales, causing no harm.

The other two cultists were caught off guard and did not move or attack.

Previous Rounds:
Surprise Round
Ellena (move)
Karas (move)
Tauni (delay, move)
Anarya (delay, move)
Raine (move)
Cultist 3 (step, melee attack, miss)
Avelina (move)
Cultist 2 (surprised)
Cultist 1 (surprised)

Round 1
Ellena
Karas
Tauni
Anarya
Raine

Cultist 3
Avelina
Cultist 2
Cultist 1

DC 15 Knowledge (religion) to recognize holy symbol:

These appear to be cultists of the demon lord Deskari.

You can move through squares with statues in them (6 circles along north and south walls), but you cannot end your move in one. They also provide cover from ranged attacks and reach attacks. The cultists have glaives which are reach weapons and threaten squares out to 10 feet.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Know. Religion 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Ellena moved to the square just between the cultist and Karas, and wound up Radiance, swinging it at the strange cultist. Slightly off balance from the move, she missed her target.

Power attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

I moved Ellena as per her description; she might provoke from #3

Falling into a line behind the others with a short adjusting step, Raine aimed two arrows around her new comrades, seeking to strike one of the men in back whose defenses weren't fully raised yet.

VS #2, who is hopefully flatfooted, rapid shot, PBS, cover: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 2 + 1 - 4 = 14
Damage, PBS: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10
VS #2, who is hopefully flatfooted, rapid shot, PBS, cover: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 2 + 1 - 4 = 15
Damage, PBS: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas let loose his rage and stepped around Ellena and tried to rake the cultist.

Magic Claw Attack 1, Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 = 27
Claw Damage, Power attack: 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 4 = 14
Magic Claw Attack 2, Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 2 = 13
Claw Damage, Power attack: 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 = 12

Magic Claw Attack 1 Crit Confirm, Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 2 = 9
Claw Damage, Power attack: 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 = 11


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni watched the remaining cultists, waiting for one of them to make use of magic against her friends.

Ready action: use wand of ice spears against a cultist who starts to cast a spell.

Damage 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4 piercing and 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11 ice damage. Reflex save DC 14 for half damage. Also, CMB trip check, 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 = 16


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
Cultist 3: Glaive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Since one cannot make an AOO while the target has cover, the cultist was not able to make an AOO against Ellena. The statues provide cover from ranged attack but also from reach weapons. I'm going to 'bot Anarya.

Ellena got close and attacked the cultist facing Karas, but her blade was stopped by his armor.

The enraged Karas ripped into the cultist, nearly dropping him on the spot. 14 damage.

Tauni held a ready wand as Anarya used her wand to bless the group.

Raine expertly fired two arrows past Ellena and the cultist she fought and put two serious holes in the next cultist near the desecrated altar, who collapses with a solid thud. 22 lethal, dying.

The wounded cultist snarled and stepped back and swung his glaive at Ellena but it clanged against her shield.

Avelina is up.

Previous Rounds:
Surprise Round
Ellena (move)
Karas (move)
Tauni (delay, move)
Anarya (delay, move)
Raine (move)
Cultist 3 (step, melee attack, miss)
Avelina (move)
Cultist 2 (surprised)
Cultist 1 (surprised)

Round 1
Ellena (moves, melee attack, miss)
Karas (step, 2 melee attacks, 1 hit, 14 lethal to cultist 3)
Tauni (ready action)
Anarya (bless from wand)
Raine (bless)(2 lethal attacks, 2 hits, 22 lethal to cultist 2)
Cultist 3 (14 lethal)
Avelina (bless)
Cultist 2 (22 lethal, dying)
Cultist 1

Round 2
Ellena (bless)
Karas (bless)
Tauni (bless)
Anarya (bless)
Raine (bless)
Cultist 3 (14 lethal)

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina made a show of yawning directly in the line of sight of the remaining cultists, her fingers covering her mouth, of course, as a lady does. She stepped behind Raine and fire her own arrows over Raine's shoulder at one of the wounded cultists. Target is Cultist 3

Volley of Holy Arrows Magic Missile: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena took a 5' step forward and engaged the closest cultist yet again. She felt the blessings of her mates upon her, and used the magic to swing Radiance with even more power.

Power attack with Bless 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 = 13
Damage 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
Cultist 1: Glaive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Behind the screen:
DC 17 Cultist 2: Con to Stabilize: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Avelina's arcane assault took down the cultist closest to the group.

The one remaining cultist advanced, calling out, "Othirubo! Get yer a$$ in here! We're under attack!" When his long glaive was within reach of Ellena, he took a swing. Although Ellena was well armored, the glaive was designed to provide the extra leverage needed to cut through such armor. She suffered an nasty wound. 7 damage.

Undaunted, Ellena stepped forward and attacked the last cultist in the room. While the cultist wore armor, he was not very agile and her blade found a weak spot. He cried out in pain and let fly a colorful curse. 14 damage. He was badly hurt but fought on.

Previous Rounds:
Surprise Round
Ellena (move)
Karas (move)
Tauni (delay, move)
Anarya (delay, move)
Raine (move)
Cultist 3 (step, melee attack, miss)
Avelina (move)
Cultist 2 (surprised)
Cultist 1 (surprised)

Round 1
Ellena (moves, melee attack, miss)
Karas (step, 2 melee attacks, 1 hit, 14 lethal to cultist 3)
Tauni (ready action)
Anarya (bless from wand)
Raine (bless)(2 lethal attacks, 2 hits, 22 lethal to cultist 2)
Cultist 3 (14 lethal)(melee attack, miss)
Avelina (bless)(magic missile, 7 to Cultist 3)
Cultist 2 (22 lethal, stable)(stabilizes)
Cultist 1 (move, melee attack, hits, 7 to Ellena)

Round 2
Ellena (bless, 7 lethal)(step, melee attack, hit, 14 to cultist 1)


Karas (bless)
Tauni (bless)
Anarya (bless)
Raine (bless)
Cultist 3 (21 lethal, stable)(stabilizes)
Avelina (bless)
Cultist 2 (23 lethal, dying)(bleeds, 1 lethal)
Cultist 1 (14 lethal)

Round 3
Ellena (bless, 7 lethal)

The cultist has AC 13 and only 1 hit point left, so take that into account if you are posting after Karas.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas dodged around the pillar drawing a strike from the for with superior reach, but lashing back as he did so.
magic claw attack, power attack,bless: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 14
claw damage,power attack: 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 = 13

Nearly rending the outstretched arm from the man's shoulder, the cultist collapsed.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]
Clebsch GM wrote:
The one remaining cultist advanced, calling out, "Othirubo! Get yer a$$ in here! We're under attack!"

When the cultist called for help, Tauni looked about. The only obvious way into the room was behind them, close to the most vulnerable members of their team. She turned with her wand at the ready, in case Othirubo heeded the other cultist's call.

Ready action: use wand of ice spears against a foe who comes from the door behind them.

Damage 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8 piercing and 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6 ice damage. Reflex save DC 14 for half damage. Also, CMB trip check, 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 = 18

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

At the cultist's call, Avelina advanced, taking up position at Ellena's side.

"The fools are not done yet, I see."

She turned her eyes towards the unopened door at the party's rear and prepared a spell to unleash upon any foe that stepped through it.

Readied action to cast Word of the Inheritor Ear-piercing Scream

Word of the Inheritor Ear-piercing Scream: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3
Damage is sonic. DC 16 Fortitude save or be dazed for 1 round. A successful save also halves damage


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

Hearing the warning, and watching the last cultist drop, Raine backtracked silently to the door, nocking another arrow as she went. She pressed herself to the corner, in the shelter of the doorway, and through slitted eyes watched the stairwell.

Moved half speed, and will roll Stealth in Kenabres: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Perception if needed, heightened awareness, kenabres: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37

She intended to put an arrow into the first thing she saw that wasn't obviously a fellow Crusader.

Readied arrow shot for anything Raine may see that isn't a friend, with bless: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

(Depending on where/if something shows up, cover and/or point blank shot may apply to those rolls)

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Lacking the offensive capabilities of her allies, Anarya moved over to Ellena and let some of her light flow into the paladin's wounds.

Lay on Hands: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Behind the screen:
rounds until Othirubo responds: rounds: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
DC 12 Secret door
Anarya: Perception, visual, non-opposed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Avelina: Perception: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (13) - 4 = 9
Ellena: Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Karas: Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Raine: Perception, Kenabres, Heightened Awareness: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 2 + 5 = 24
Tauni: Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

DC 16 Con to Stabilize: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Othirubo: Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Avelina: Perception, 40', door: 1d20 - 4 - 4 - 5 ⇒ (17) - 4 - 4 - 5 = 4
Ellena: Perception, 30', door: 1d20 - 1 - 3 - 5 ⇒ (4) - 1 - 3 - 5 = -5
Karas: Perception, 50', door: 1d20 + 9 - 5 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 5 - 5 = 5
Raine: Perception, Kenabres, 10', door, Heightened Awareness: 1d20 + 14 + 2 - 1 - 5 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 2 - 1 - 5 + 5 = 21
Tauni: Perception, 30', door: 1d20 + 10 - 3 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 3 - 5 = 22

Othirubo: Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Sorry for the delay. Middle of the week tends to be busy and I'm finding it hard to get around to all my games every day.

Karas slipped past one of the defaced statues to attack the cultist from the side. Since Ellen and the statue provide cover from his reach attack, no AOO from the cultist for movement.

Already critically injured, the cultist fell to the onslaught and the room was won.

While Anarya healed Ellena, others prepared for the entrance of someone named Othirubo.

Karas, Raine, Tauni:
Looking around the room, these three PCs notice a faintly glowing outline of what appears to be a secret door behind the befouled altar.

Raine, Tauni:
Raine and Tauni hear a faint clink of metal on glass from the room to the west.

On each cultist:
Potion of cure light wounds, scroll of cause fear, scroll of comprehend languages, unholy water, mwk chain shirt, mwk scythe, dagger, spell component pouch, unholy symbol, 10 gp.

Note: I misread the weapon specification for these cultists and they should have been using scythes.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Shh. Do you hear that? There..."

She pointed behind the altar. "I can see the outline of a concealed door. And someone is back there. Perhaps Othirubo wasn't behind us after all, but ahead there."


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Correction:The sounds come from the east room at the opposite end from the outline on the door. Sorry, I got my directions mixed up.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas, eyes still blazing white, stepped over in front of the door and tried to kick it open in impetuous rage.

Still raging, dont know if there's any roll needed to get the door open


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

Karas opened the door and saw a long table and six chairs that had been pushed against the western wall. On the opposite wall, a tapestry depicting a map of Mendev hung from a silver rod—the tapestry had been
slashed several times and splashed with filth. A bedroll sat on the floor, and on the nearby table was an array of alchemical devices and a long wooden sword case wrapped with cords, as if ready for travel.

To the south stood a tiefling with grey skin and several horns, wearing red leather armor, armed only with a knife and an array of flasks and pouches. He was just finishing drinking a small vial. The two tielfings locked eyes and growled at each other.

Tauni (bless)
Anarya (bless)
Raine (bless)
Avelina (bless)


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

You left me off the turn tracker, DM.

As Karas kicked the door open, Elena turned and immediately began heading in that direction. Not hearing anything, she moved to behind Karas, wielding her shield and sword, as she prepared for whatever might be within.

It reads like this is a good match for Karas, so I want to let him engage first, rather than me rushing in and hogging his square with a double move. I'll move in next round.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni will delay. She doesn't want to charge in the room past Karas.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Moved you up as per your post, Ellena

Avelina closed in, unable to contain either her curiosity or her need to remain close to her Champion. She peeked in the door and raised her brow at the sight of the alchemical tiefling. A thought occured to Avelina, and she assumed her most imperious and condescending tone, addressing the foe in Abyssal.

"You are the tardy Othirubo, I presume? Tsk tsk." Avelina wagged a finger at him. "Our tiefling friend helped us fight instead of hiding in a corner to drink."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

The threat did not come from where Raine had been expecting, but she hurriedly crossed to the opposite wall. She didn't bother with words-- her communication was done with another silent, grim arrow.

Arrow vs Othirubho, bless, pbs, cover: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 27 potential crit
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11

Confirm?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Additional damage if hits: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (3, 2) + 8 = 13


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
Othirubo: Bomb, shaken, splash: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 2 = 23
Damage, fire: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6, 4) + 2 = 16
Splash damage out 10' = 5 points or 2 with a DC 14 Reflex save
Avelina: Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Raine: Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Tauni watched and waited, while Avelina and Raine provided some support for Karas as he approached the new foe. Raine's arrow hit the enemy tiefling in the side while Avelina's taunt gave him some dire foreshadowing of events that may soon occur.

Anarya moved closer, wishing to see if her healing skills were needed.

The alchemist manipulated some small bottles and then hurled something at the doorway. The object struck Karas and burst into an explosion of flames, setting Karas on fire and burning him. The flames splashed on Avelina and Raine as well.

Karas took 16 minus his fire resistance 5 for 11 damage. Avelina and Raine failed their reflex saves and took 5 points of splash damage (fire). Ellena had not yet moved, as her turn in the initiative comes after Orthirubo.

Ellena moved forward just after the bomb went off.

Round 4
Ellena (bless) (move)
Karas (bless, 11 lethal, on fire)
Tauni (bless)
Anarya (bless)
Raine (bless)
Avelina (bless)
Othirubo (11 lethal, shaken)

Round 5
Ellena (bless)


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas took the explosion without much care as he stared dead into the other tiefling's eye. The blue glow of his fast healing mixing with the flames dances over his silver skin, he charged into the alchemist and slashed with all his might.

Magic Claw Attack, Charge, Power attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 12
Claw Damage, Power attack: 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 = 12

Oh forgot bless so +1 to hit if it helps


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni moved into the small room after Karas, moving to a corner so that others could follow. Hoping to give Karas an edge in the melee, she put her wand to use again, creating a frozen stalagmite in an instant under the tiefling.

Move action, reflected on the map, and a standard action to active the wand.

Damage 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6 piercing and 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5 ice damage. Reflex save DC 14 for half damage. Also, CMB trip check, 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9.

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina batted off the flames from her clothes with a frantic, indignant energy. She gathered her composure before preparing a spell.

"Now that was completely uncalled for. Tremble before the Word of the Inheritor, fool!"

Word of the Inheritor Ear-piercing Scream: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10
DC 16 fort save negates 1 round daze and halves damage


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

Raine swore in a fashion that would have pained her father to hear at the burst of fire that caught her in its periphery. Grimly, she swiftly nocked two more arrows and let them go. "Like fire, eh? Hell's got a place waiting for you, scum."

Rapid shot, PBS, bless, cover: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 - 2 - 4 = 9
Rapid shot, PBS, bless, cover: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 - 2 - 4 = 11

With too many bodies in the way and an awkward angle around the corner, Raine's arrows missed. So much for her threats.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Anarya strides to the entrance of the room. "In the name of the Inheritor, come and face judgment!" Anarya commanded, her voice echoing with holy authority.

Casting command [approach] on the tiefling. DC 17 will save since he's a native outsider like Anarya.


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
Fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Othirubo: DC 14 Reflex, shaken: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 2 = 21
Othirubo: DC 17 Will, shaken: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 2 = 10
Othirubo: DC 16 Fortitude, shaken: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 2 = 17
Karas AOO: Magic Claw Attack, Power attack, bless: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 2 + 1 = 17
Damage, Power Attack: 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 = 10

Sorry for the delay. My work left me kind of burned out this week and I did not have the energy to work out the results of these actions until this morning.

Karas made a strange and dazzling sight as he rushed at the alchemist, skin afire, eyes glowing, claws slashing. He was not able to connect with his opponent, however and he continued to burn. The flames only did 1 point of damage, which doesn't get through Karas' resistance.

Tauni entered the room and used her wand to cause a giant ice spear to lance up from the ground at the feet of Othirubo. He proved unusually nimble in avoiding the worst of the damage. Made reflex save, takes total of 5, he was not tripped.

Anarya gave a stern command, which the besieged tiefling seemed ready to obey.

Before he could, however, Raine's arrows flew through the room, but did not hit their target.

A moment later, he winced at the sound only he could hear and bruises blossomed on his skin, although they were hard to spot. His strong constitution seemed to allow him to absorb less harm than might have been. Save successful. 5 damage.

Othirubo obeyed Anarya's command and moved toward her at the door, stopping next to Tauni and the oracle. Karas slashed at him when he had the chance, but the alchemist had multiple magical defenses up and Karas' claws raked against his armor to no effect. He appears to have barkskin active and some kind of deflection bonus as well as his regular armor, which seems to protect better than leather armor normally would.

Previous Rounds:
Round 3
Karas (bless) (move, open door)
Ellena (bless) (move)
Tauni (bless) (Delay)
Anarya (bless)(move)
Raine (bless) (move, ranged attack, hit, 11 to Othirubo)
Cultist 3 (21 lethal, stable)(stabilizes)
Avelina (bless) (Demoralize attempt, success, 2 rounds)
Cultist 2 (23 lethal, stable)
Cultist 1 (27 lethal, dead)
Othirubo (11 lethal, shaken 1/2)(throws bomb, hits, 11 to Karas, 5 to Raine and Avelina)

Round 4
Ellena (bless) (move)
Karas (bless, 10 lethal, on fire)(move, melee attack, misses, heals 1, AOO, miss)
Tauni (bless) (move, activate wand, 5 to Othirubo)
Anarya (bless) (move, casts spell, Othirubo affected by approach command)
Raine (bless, 5 lethal) (2 ranged attacks, miss)
Avelina (bless, 5 lethal) (spell, 5 to Othirubo)
Othirubo (21 lethal, shaken 2/2)(moves)

Round 5
Ellena (bless)
Karas (bless, 10 lethal, on fire)
Tauni (bless)
Anarya (bless)
Raine (bless, 5 lethal)
Avelina (bless, 5 lethal)
Othirubo (11 lethal)

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina tilted her head, an indignant frown staining her face.

"Ugh. Why do men never listen...."

She stepped out of the corner, Ellena still interposed between her and the alchemist, and repeated her previous spell once more.

Word of the Inheritor Ear-piercing Scream: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7
DC 16 fort save negates 1 round daze and halves damage


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

"Pretty sure that's more 'evil cultists' then just 'men'," Raine answered Avelina's musing tersely, her hands never stilling as she nocked and loosed, nocked and loosed.

Rapid shot, PBS, bless, cover: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 - 2 - 4 = 13
Rapid shot, PBS, bless, cover: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 1 - 2 - 4 = 15 Bleh, I'm guessing those don't hit either with all the buffs


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

When the tiefling moved up to Tauni, she focused on his movements, trying to predict his course. Taking a chance that it might make use of its dagger against her, Tauni nonetheless tried to restrain him long enough for Ellena and Karas to deal with him.

Prescience 1d20 ⇒ 8

Tauni drops her crossbow and wand, and attempts to grapple him.

CMB 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 1 = 13

I doubt that will do it, and subbing the prescience roll won't help. Oh well.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

This is somewhat assuming Ellena is going to step forward and swing so I'm adding flank bonuses lol

Karas followed the man with a graceful step, the fire licking at his scales but doing no more damage. He tried to rake the alchemist's back.

Magic Claw Attack 1, Power Attack, Bless, Flank: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 30
Magic Claw Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 = 12
Magic Claw Attack 2, Power Attack, Bless, Flank: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 20
Magic Claw Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 = 11

Crit Confirm: Magic Claw Attack 1, Power Attack, Bless, Flank: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 14
Magic Claw Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 4 = 14


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena took a 5' step forward and engaged the tiefling cultist. She saw that Karas had the alchemist's attention, so she swung Radiance with all her might.

Power attack with Bless and Flank 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 20
Damage 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Othirubo DC 16 Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Ellena AOO: longsword, bless, flank, power attack: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 23
damage, power attack: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Othirubo Bull Rush, AOO damage: 1d20 + 3 - 14 ⇒ (10) + 3 - 14 = -1

Ellena's attack would have destroyed most mooks, but this guy was well defended by his armor and defensive transmutations. Radiance hit him but the edge did not cut through to flesh.

Karas experienced the same on one of his claw attacks, but the other ripped at the tielfing's flesh. 12 to Othirubo.

Tauni tried to grab him, but couldn't get a hand on him.

Not sure what Anarya would do here so I'm going to say she delays. I don't want to spend magical resources she may need later. She could do another command, but the guy is boxed in and not much chance of surviving the attacks to come, even with a high AC.

Raine's arrows ... rained in but she could not get a clear shot and they either hit the wall or sailed over heads.

Avelina sent another blast of sonic damage that only the alchemist could feel and hear. Again, he absorbed the damage well and fought on. 3 to Othirubo, no daze.

The alchemist could tell he was outmatched and needed to get away, so he attempt pushing Ellena back out of the door. It gave Ellena a second chance to hit him with her glowing longsword and this time she got it past his defenses and cut him deeply. This threw off his effort to push her back and it failed. 14 to Othirubo

Round 6
Ellena (bless)
Karas (bless, 9 lethal, on fire)
Tauni (bless)
Anarya (bless)
Raine (bless, 5 lethal)
Avelina (bless, 5 lethal)
Othirubo (40 lethal)

Have at 'im. He has AC 23 and 1 hp left.


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

Att 1: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 13
Att 2: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 17

Raine continued to send good arrows after bad, as it were, growling in frustration at her inability to get a clean line.

Silver Crusade

Light (Halo, 20 ft.) | HP 91/91 | AC 27 (FF 24 T 18) CMD 15(16) | Fort +9 Ref +8(+9) Wil +10 | Init +2 Per +8 SM +6 | Spells (6/7|6/7|4/5), Channel 6d6 (7/9) DC 25, Sacred Scourge 4d6÷2 (9/9) DC 23 Mythic Power: (6/7)
Spell Effects:
magic circle against evil, veil of heaven, corruption resistance

Anarya sees Karas on fire, and decides to put him out. She doesn't know how the precise amount of how resistant to fire he is. ;) I shouldn't need a concentration check because, having cover behind the wall, this won't provoke.

Anarya clasps her hands together and holds them up to the ceiling as a spray of water pours down on Karas from above, dousing the flames covering his body. As the flames die down, hot steam rises from the raging tiefling's back.

Casting create water to conjure a spray of water onto Karas. She can create as many as 8 gallons if needed, so that should be more than enough to put out the fire.


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

Ellena took another swing at the alchemist, ready to end his evil ways once and for all. "There are more important cultists deeper in," she insults him as she tried to cut through him.

Power attack with Bless and Flank 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 12
Damage 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Her overconfidence did her in, however.


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas moved in for the kill.

Claw attack 1, bless, flank: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 17
Claw damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Claw attack 2, bless, flank: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 19
Claw damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina threw one last sonic assault at the alchemist.

Word of the Inheritor Ear-piercing Scream: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8
DC 16 fort save negates 1 round daze and halves damage


Drezen Citadel Entrance | Aron's Map of Drezen Fortress

On the Table:
Othirubo DC 16 Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Ellena, Karas, and Raine all tried to finish off the badly wounded Othirubo, but his defenses proved too difficult to penetrate. Avelina, however, sent more magical sound energy at him and although he again proved able to resist some of the damage, what got through overpowered him, and he collapsed.

Tucked into his backpack and various other pouches, the alchemist had 2 potions of cure light wounds, potion of cure moderate wounds, potion of invisibility, potion of spider climb, +1 leather armor, dagger, ring of protection +1, portable alchemy kit, four silver holy symbols (two of Iomedae, one of Shelyn, and one of Desna).

Of perhaps greater interest, resting on the worktable was a masterwork alchemy lab and a plain looking sword case wrapped with cords as if to be ready to travel. Inside the case was a magnificent looking magic longsword, with symbols of Iomedae on it. There was also a note inside.

Note

Sorry this is a little rushed, but I'm going to be out of town for a few days on a camping trip. Back Sunday evening.


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

"Bloody hell," Raine muttered when the cultist finally fell. "Some people just don't have the good taste to die..."

She walked past the corpse without ceremony, focused on picking up the arrows that had missed him, if any were salvageable.

Ammo still good on a 2: 6d2 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2) = 9

Three arrows were returned to her quiver; the rest had shattered on the wall or tables.

Raine crouched by the fallen tiefling, frowning as she rummaged through his gear in a quick, decisive fashion. "Look at all these holy symbols. He's got a damn collection. Probably trophies." She spat onto the corpse's bloodied face. "Didn't do you any good in the end, did it, bastard?"

I'll take 10 on Perception to ID the potions, DC 20.

"Anybody mind I take this swig of invisibility here?" Raine asked, holding up one of the potion bottles. "Also he had some curing potions on him. I'm a little singed. Should I drink one, or d'you all have some sorta 'the gods help everyone at once' thing?"


Male Current Effects: Bloodrage; Fast Healing 1; Phantom Blood; Shield Other (Anarya); Align Weapon:Good (Claws) BR 5/DD 2 | HP 96/96| Rage 16/19 |AC 22|FF 21|T 11|Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 5, Electricity 5 | Fort +10 | Ref +5| Will +6 | CMD 25| Init +8 | Perc +14 | Spells: 1- 0/2 |Terendelev Scale (Align) 2/3|Mythic Power:4/7

Karas returned to normal as the cultist fell. he steadied himself from the wave of fatigue on the wall next to him.

"You're good to take whatever you want as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't mind one of the healing potions though. Fire is cute but that blast had enough force to hurt me." he shot a quick smile to Anarya, "Should I have take that as a hint to shower?"

He gave a quick laugh as he waited for Raine to finish going through the man's belongings.


Female Human Wizard 6 [HP: 49/49; AC 12|T12|FF10; CMD 15; Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6; Init: +13, Percep +13]

Tauni approached the blade, but did not touch it. Caution ruled her thoughts, and she was concerned that it may be a trick, a cursed object. She examined it to try and determine the truth of it.

Casting detect magic on the sword. Spellcraft 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


Pal7 [HP: 92/102 | AC (25)22 | T 11 | FF 22 | CMD 21; Fort+10,Ref+5,Will+7; Init: +0; Per-1, Smite Evil 3/3, LOH 6/6] Immune to Fear effects | Immune to Disease | Allies within 10' get +4 on saves v. Fear |Mythic Tier 1

"Anarya is skilled at healing so you might want to save the potions. I think you are right, Raine. These symbols are probably trophies. If that sword is blessed by Iomedae, we need to get it out of this awful place," she declared while waiting for Tauni to report on it it were cursed or not.


Female half-orc Paladin

Someone should read the note that was in the sword case.

The longsword is a +1 evil outsider bane longsword.

Irabeth was watching the fight from the hall to the south, keeping an eye out for anyone trying to join the fray from the door on the west side of that hall. With a couple of mongrel folk for back-up, she looked in the temple room and asked, "Is everyone okay?"

Quick reminder: Raine heard something grunt or snuffle from the other side of the door on the west side of the hall and someone notice a faint outline of a door on the west side of the temple room, just behind the altar.


NG Ranger 7 * HP 60/78 * AC 19|T15|FF13 * CMD 24 * F+6 R+10 W+4 * Init +5 Per +19 (+2 vs traps) | CURRENTLY: +2 per from H.A. |

Was hoping to let one of the Iomedaean worshipers or someone who's had a personal RP'd friendship with Irabeth get to address the sword. :) But thanks for the reminder re the grunting noise and the secret door.

"Yeah," Raine answers quietly. "Don't think this floor's entirely cleared yet, ma'am. We're just taking stock before we check possible trouble behind that wall there."

Silver Crusade

AC 21 T 13(21vs incorp. touch) FF 18 | HP 61(69)/61(69)l F +8 R +8 W +7 (+16 vs charm/compulsion), (+1 vs. spells/SLAs of outsiders with (evil) subtype) | Init +7| Perc -1
Spells Per Day Remaining:
3-4/5 2-6/7 1-6/8
Spells Active:
False Life, Heroism, Mage Armor, Shield
Shield Scale:2/3

Avelina's eys popped as she read the note. She bit her lip as she began anticipating Irabeth's assuredly-gleeful reaction to this news. Avelina wasted no time in taking the sword and the note to Irabeth the moment she popped her head in.

"Milady Irabeth! We have found something you will be most interested in, I think."

Avelina held out the note while keeping the sword behind her back, like a child hiding a present, waiting for Irabeth's cue to present the sword.

2,651 to 2,700 of 3,893 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Clebsch GM Wrath of the Righteous Adventure: Book 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.