Beacons of Hope: Wrath of the Righteous!

Game Master JohnnyBlack

The Grey Garrison Map
Aberu's Loot Spreadsheet
Old Loot Spreadsheet


251 to 300 of 468 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The elf will sit by and watch what else is transpiring.


Luciana Moretti wrote:
"Probably to still have his front teeth afterwards. Could've gone worse for him, though; another few minutes and I'd have had some coffee with me. Nobody spills my coffee." she punctuated the jokingly-ominous sentence with another sip.

Azura smiles a bit sadly. "He had no way to know how... sensitive your tail could be. But you're right that everyone should know that you can't harass a kahve-drinker in the morning and get away with it," she says, bemused. "Nevertheless, thanks for looking out for me - it's how I knew not to be scared of you! Er, because you wanted to protect me, not because of the face-punching." She continues petting Luci's hair. "You just needed a little help cooling off your temper, is all."

Silver Crusade

Lets get this party going!

Bahram notices a downward turn in the mood of the room. People looking into the middle distance, looking for loved ones that will never return. He stands up addressing the room in general.

"It is Armasse-eve no? It is celebration! Another year we live, another year the Demons not win. Tomorrow we hail quickest, strongest, wisest. Today we enjoy everyone. Let us make music, make dancing, make laughing."

He looks around the room emploringly

"Someone here can sing surely, someone can play... something?"

In the middle of the floor he once more starts to sing, this time a lively, almost shanty like tune. At the same time he begins to dance, all clapping hands and stamping feet.

Perform (what a song and dance!): 1d20 ⇒ 6

The show is not good, and he knows it, but he carries on in the hope that someone will come to his rescue, that the mood will get lighter even if it is at his expense.


The elf will give a smile and a nod to Bahram,


"That's my cue!" says Azura to Luci. With that, she lifts her head slightly and starts accompanying Bahram.

Perform (sing): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Bahram's enthusiasm more than makes up for his lack of proper form and tempo. And if that still weren't enough, Azura's voice proves to be just as charming as her beauty, which is truly saying something.

Perform (dance): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Ithilwen throws herself into the dance with gusto.


Alexa looks at everyone having a good time, shrugs, and hops onto the dance floor.

Perform (Dance): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Her steps are awkward and clumsy, but she doesn't look like she cares that much.


Subconsciously bobbing his head to the beat, Uriel begins to tap out a beat, rapping his gauntleted knuckles against the bartop.

Perform (Music, Untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Arloric joins the others dancing, but quickly makes an arse of himself, his clunky, fur-lined boots making him stumble around, crashing into other patrons and stepping on toes in abundance.

Perform (Dance, Untrained): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2


Luci was glad she'd shifted onto one of the bar stools (originally just to even up the height difference between her and Azura) as the tiefling man started dancing, although she still winced in sympathy as people got their toes crushed.

She leant back as the impromptu performances got into full swing. If there was anyone looking for talent to sponsor, then she was surprised more of them didn't come here for the festival.


Iomenna takes a seat at a nearby table and gratefully accepts the drinks and food offered to her. A blush creeps into her cheeks as she is overwhelmed with shame at her outburst. What a fool, to stand here on Armasse-eve, in one of the finest taverns in Kenabres, and wail like a lass whose dolly was taken away. I must make amends for this. As she finishes her food and drink, she rises again, leaving her sword belt and the heavy hammer strapped to her back by the table. She motions to one of the waitresses, You make sure no one touches these, right? If they give you trouble, ask if they're interested in a pair of broken arms. She smiles sweetly with the last few words, then slips the woman a few pennies and makes her way to the growing crowd of dancers.

Perform (Dance, Untrained): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Despite the weight of her armor, Iomenna still manages to appear graceful as she dances among the others. She laughs openly as she watches Arloric stumble and trip. She seizes his hands and begins leading him in a dance around the floor. As they spin around the crowd, occasionally bumping into the others, Iomenna whispers to him, just loud enough to be heard above the singing, Thank you again for your kindness. Perhaps we can find some joy together, even if our pasts are only pain. She smiles warmly at him and begins to sing along with the others as they continue their dance.


"Pardon me."

Cyril tries to leave the main area. People dancing, singing, getting the crow excited. No thank you. e makes it past some dancers and ducks under an arm. Eventually, he makes it to the bar.

"Hmm, perhaps..."

Cyril makes his way behind the counter and gathers a few ingredients. Some fruit juices, two different kinds of alcohol, salt, and a few more ingredients.

Craft(alchemy): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

A few imperfections here and there, but a usable product none the less. Cyril smacks his creation onto the counter, a bottle of murky liquid, and takes a nearby torch to it. A few moments past before a cloud of colorful smoke, its hues as plentiful as the people in the room, begins to waft from the bottles mouth. Soon there's a pleasant smelling haze all around the tavern, which tastes of fruits. Though, Cyril miscalculated the ingredient doses and may have added a bit too much alcohol....so....yeah, that may cause an issue.


Alexa steps off the dance floor, nursing a bruised toe and shooting Arloric a dirty look.

Once Cyril's concoction starts to put a haze throughout the tavern, she walks over to Miles and gently takes him by the arm. "Come on, Miles--let's get you home. You know Mother would have my hide if I let you stay out too late."

The boy looks quite disappointed, but he follows her out the door and into the night.

And with that, I'm going to be taking a bit of a break. I'm still hoping to get picked for the campaign!


Arthur stands up to join in the dancing, but not before a multicolored cloud washes over him. As soon as he makes it to his feet, the alcohol in the cloud hits the lightweight like a greathammer.

Arthur trips and falls gracelessly on the floor unconscious.


Perform Dance, Untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Dance should be dex but whatever

I attempt to dance with the energy of the room, not ever really dancing before but knowing how to move nimbly. To many people in the room and a bit of nervousness, I bump in too a few people and look around the room. I quickly go back to my table, a reddish hue coming to my cheeks.

Sorry to those I bumped. I can tell you all about the old villages and towns that were once in Sarkoris if that will give people a further reason to drive the demons back

K.Geo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

I tell of the Geography of Sarkoris and how it was once a beautiful land and how even Aroden once killed Demons in the land. How Iomedae became the new Aroden, how all the Gods work though the people who want to see Sarkoris restored.


Not the best dancer herself, Darya sits back, enjoying the scene. While she would give it her best shot if dragged out onto the floor she was happy watching, especially the way some of the celebrants could move.


Arloric smiles a bit at Iomenna's words.

"Joy and pain are but two sides of the same cycle. Praise winter in the summer. Praise sickness when in health. Praise hunger at the feast."


Seeing Arthur pass out the elf will stand up and pull him out of the way of the dancers and manevuer him onto the chair he just vacated, moving plates and cups around.

Silver Crusade

The cloud of smoke brings a smile to Bahram's lips and a new coloour to his dancing

Perform (Drunken Dancing): 1d20 ⇒ 2

oh...

He turns as Miles and Alexa take their leave and waves

"Farewell brother Miles. Farewell Alexa sister. Saren..."

He catches his foot on the leg of a table, tripping over the heavy wooden top and sliding, along with the cups and glasses gathered there to land in a heap on the other side.

The only sound from the floor is the loud spinning of a metal dish. Then a quiet chuckle, raising to a bellowing gafaw as Bahram recovers.


Azura ruefully pulls away from Luci and rushes over to help Bahram up. "Are you injured, Bahram? Let me give you a hand up." She leans down and offers to help him back to his feet.

Silver Crusade

"Bahram is ok!

With a spring, and no small assistance from Azura, Bahram is back on his feet

"Thanks to you lady. I am Bahram. It seems me I cannot dance good. Think sit and see for time..."

With barely a wobble in his step he makes his way back to the bar and props himself there.

"More... More Halos!"

Bahram can hold his drink but not crazy alchemical smoke, as he becomes more inebriated his common gets worse.


"I remember, Bahram," says Azura cheerfully. She helps him back to the bar so that he has something to lean on, then returns to her spot next to Luci.

Dark Archive

Perform Dance: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Siobhan, who seems to be digesting Ithilwen's words, finds herself pulled into the dance with the others and joins in with enthusiasm. Unfortunately, as Cyril's smoke washes across the room it sweeps away Siobhan's co-ordination with it and it is only a few moments before she stumbles and falls, cannoning off Iomenna and ending up sprawled across the floor.

She levers herself up with a grin and makes her slightly unsteady way towards Bahram. "I like you Bahram! You're funny!" From her wide eyes and wider grin it is fairly obvious that Siobhan does not drink much. The smoke wafting around the bar is enough to have her swaying slightly on her stool as she unfolds her drawing and stares at it with a slightly dreamy expression. "Bye Alexa, you're a really good artist!" she calls, about thirty seconds after the other woman leaves the tavern. "Oops..." She continues to sit at the bar, ending up slightly slumped on Bahrim's shoulder, alternatively clapping along to Ithilwen's dance and giggling at the other patrons of the tavern.


"Going by today, I'll bet tomorrow's gonna be a riot," Luci remarked as she put her arm around Azura's waist. She'd smelt the mixture the alchemist had whipped up, but hadn't noticed the effect it was having on her. Her eyes wandered across Azura before looking a little lower.

Huh, was she always that big? she thought to herself, already starting to get a little drunk. Her eyes further wandered over to Darya, even as her tail coiled itself gently around Azura's leg.


Merlin watches all the merriment. He sits drinking his tea.
When Arthur hits the floor he helps the elf! with him.


A little grin crosses Darya's lips as she notices Luci's expression. "So what's going on in that pretty little head of yours? I seem to remember that facial expression."


As the aroma of Cyril's concoction fills her nostril and lungs, Ithilwen's dance turns more and more rapturous, switching partners from Alexa, to Siobhan, to Bahran whose unbridled enthusiasm has started this whole ordeal. So lost she is in her trance that she barely notices her booted toes being stepped upon one, two, three times, and it's only when Bahram crashes loudly into a table that she becomes once more briefly aware of her surroundings.

Luckily, it's just the cups and tankards which got the worst of it. It's only then that, with the corner of her eye, she catches a glimpse of Alexa and Miles leaving through the sturdy oaken doors, and feels bad for not having bidden them goodbye.

There's going to be another chance. If not tomorrow, then the next drill, or the next mission.

Among the last things she sees before she returns to her dancing are the three queen bees – Darya, Luciana and Azura – keeping to themselves by the stools. Oh. They probably have better plans for the evening she maliciously thinks as she notices a fiendish tail coiling around a smooth, celestial leg. Her head now pleasantly spinning – what's in that smoke? – she retires in her own private dimension as the outside world drinks and laughs and dances and sings the night away.


Darya Flamekissed wrote:
A little grin crosses Darya's lips as she notices Luci's expression. "So what's going on in that pretty little head of yours? I seem to remember that facial expression."

"Oh, I think you know me well enough to guess," she replied, a certain inviting grin forming on her face.

Just a heads up; it's getting late here and I'm off to bed, so I won't be able to reply for a while.

Silver Crusade

"Thank you Siobhan, you are more lovely than you give yourself credit for"

Bahram mutters as he slowly falls asleep on the bar, the gas has reeally got to him.

Everything seems to be slowly winding down here. Asmodina, do you have any time frame you would like to stick to (both IC and OOC) if we were to say that the evening had passed and it was now the next morning (by consensus of course) would that be OK?


As I am currently unconcious, I agree with Bahram by default.


Only once we stick Arthur's hand in warm water. ;)

Silver Crusade

I think I might have to bow out, as my character doesn't seem to care for most of the characters chatting, as it has really nothing to do with him over than overhearing, I really however do want to play with you all but I don't see him just talking in a bar to people he doesn't know

Ik-ha-Thruun sat near by Dragz and the others that had been in the mysterious and evil ritual, not really caring to speak with the people around him, they made him feel stupid, he knew that he wasn't the brightest person around, but they used words he had never heard, and talked in a manner that he felt was unbecoming of a crusader.


Looking from Luci to Azura, he smile broadening and a telltale flush rising to her face, Darya finishes her drink. "My place is actually pretty nearby," she says in a husker tone."And the walk over in the evening air is perfect this time of year."


so the consensus is that it is late night/next day?

As the night wears on and people start to head out, I will take my leave, noting those who are interested in viewing the map further to meet me at Truestone Park on the morrow.

I pay my tab and inquire as to the Tavern Owner about resupplying and if they can accommodate me with this. Once I have my confirmation I again thank those who took the time to talk with me and leave for Truestone park.

Silver Crusade

I don't know, I think we new to wait until we hear from Asmodina

Grand Lodge

Oh, Ik-ha-Thruun, how are you this fine day? Dragz says, trying to pull his good friend into the group.

Dark Archive

As Bahram gradually falls asleep on the counter Siobhan, by contrast, slowly becomes more awake. The landlord's energetic fanning helps to disperse Cyril's concoction and as it goes Siobhan begins to feel better. Snagging a tankard that seems reasonably clean she whispers to fill it with clear water and sips, admiring Ithilwen as she continues dancing, heedless of the emptying tavern around her.

As she finishes her tankard Siobhan, ignoring the few remaining groups, makes her way back onto the dancefloor and gently captures Ithilwen in her arms. "You said I should stop feeling sorry for what I am. Well then, tonight I am happy and more than a little tipssy... I don't want to do anything else than dance with you until the stars fade from the sky. So you're going to dance with me and anyone who doesn't like it can be damned!"

Leaning her head into Ithilwen Siobhan dances slowly, enjoying the closeness of another person as one of the best nights of her life winds its slow way on.


I'm also going to 'retire' Ithiwen for the night; wasn't going to post much during the weekend anyway. I'll be checking this thread around Sunday evening to see if there's news from Asmodina!

Ithilwen is still lost in her reverie when she feels a pair of arms embracing her from behind. She keeps on dancing for a while, blissfully oblivious of everything but the touch of a warm body around her, when she hears Siobhan's voice.

"As you wish" she replies, almost demurely, yet smiling. "But not here, not under a roof" No more roofs, be they made of stone or wood. "Let the Stars sing the song we'll dance to."

She has the presence of mind to throw a blanket over Bahram's sleeping form before she grabs Siobhan's hand and leads her to Keystone park. The first sunrays catch them still dancing, praising Desna as they move.

Silver Crusade

Ik-Ha-Thruun jerks and looks around, having been detecting evil for a good portion of his time here, "I be well, many people, lots of lights and sounds. Not sure what do though, so many talking, not know them all. Not want be made fun of, talking to new people scary." The paladin shrugs a bit but allows himself to be pulled into the speaking, "People dancing, is nice, not so good at it, think armor may get in way The joke was said attempting to lighten the mood at having been drawn into the group of people.

I, Ik-Ha-Thruun, Paladin of Ragathiel, Friends are Dragz, and Darya, might remeber me talking better, not so good now, not sure why. Still can smite evil things and can still do what is needed to protect innocent, no can cast spells, or find something me wrote down. Looking for Familiar, small creature." Ik-Ha-Thuun pulls out a book that looks like two people have been writing in it, though Dragz and Darya would know that hes actually writing to the Wizard Persona that has slowly been pushed out of its own mind by the Paladin. "It look like Black Bird, answer to Squig-Gur, knows many languages, likes to talk about History. Came here, to find healing of illness that makes me sleepy, but Wizard Friend always leaves notes in book." Once again he holds up the book for all to see, Wizard says will find answers defending town, or going into world wound, he scared that I is not strong enough yet to fight without a group of freinds. I still not found group to journey with yet. The angelkins wings shudder for a second before once again laying flat, and a look of pain shifts through the poor paladins face.


Darya Flamekissed wrote:
Looking from Luci to Azura, he smile broadening and a telltale flush rising to her face, Darya finishes her drink. "My place is actually pretty nearby," she says in a husker tone."And the walk over in the evening air is perfect this time of year."

"I'd love to visit," says Azura, "But I can't stay too late! I'm helping at the hospice in the morning. I help to take care of sick folks there every few days. There's a small group of field hands who got filth fever, probably rat bites. So I'll need to stop in and help with care for them."

When Ik-Ha-Thruun makes his introduction, Azura glances at Darya, then says to Ik, "You're a friend of Darya? A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Ik-Ha-Thruun." She curtseys and noticeably is careful with the pronunciation of his name, carefully trying to match not just the letters but also the intonation and cadence. "Where did you plan to go to learn more about this book?"

Silver Crusade

Ik-ha-Thruun shurgged in his armor, I not know, Wizard friend not around, but know he will write in it soon. He always does, leaves me clues, or tells me where people are that need help. Him not always wanting to help people, once only wanted to know who I is, where I come from. I not know any answers, made Wizard Freind sad.Found self in strange towns that had never been in before, but Wizard Freind always left notes, telling who he talked too, and why. Trying to find Cure. Has Capital C in Cure, not tell me what he suffer from, me think I protect him while sleeping somehow.

The Paladin shudders again and strokes one of his wings, they don't seem to work properly anymore as if something had happened to them long ago, "I once woke with Darya, she pretty lady, and good paladin of Ragathiel. Not supposed to talk about it though, it be telling things that are not Mine to tell.But can say fighting was terrifying not knowing where One will wake up, scary it is, even after all years have done it.


"You lead a difficult life," says Azura. "Your faith must be a comfort to you. Maybe Darya will tell the story some time. I can't imagine going about life always wondering where you will wake up, or who already has expectations of you. How long have you been in this town? Have you had any strange awakenings like that while you've been here?"

Silver Crusade

Ik-Ha-Thruun tilted his head in one direction as if listening or thinking, "I don't know, been at temple of Ragathiel for fortnight, though clerics come and ask for another ask for father or grandfather, tell them there is only I and Wizard Freind, the smiles as are sad and they walk away."
"Life has not been bad, been life, it only way I knows to do. Freind Wizard always leaves notes, tells me of things, it not been easy though, people think I supposed to be big thing, with great magic. Just Paladin, no spells, just me. It confuses me when I wake up in new country most, sometimes wake up after what me find to be months. Not sure how I think about it, but it is only way I know.

"Faith not what hold together life, just Vengeance, and War help protect life, not make it. Smiles, hugs, and caring help just as much as Strong Sword Arm.


Ik-Ha-Thruun wrote:

Ik-Ha-Thruun tilted his head in one direction as if listening or thinking, "I don't know, been at temple of Ragathiel for fortnight, though clerics come and ask for another ask for father or grandfather, tell them there is only I and Wizard Freind, the smiles as are sad and they walk away."

"Life has not been bad, been life, it only way I knows to do. Freind Wizard always leaves notes, tells me of things, it not been easy though, people think I supposed to be big thing, with great magic. Just Paladin, no spells, just me. It confuses me when I wake up in new country most, sometimes wake up after what me find to be months. Not sure how I think about it, but it is only way I know.

"Faith not what hold together life, just Vengeance, and War help protect life, not make it. Smiles, hugs, and caring help just as much as Strong Sword Arm.

"Do you have other friends here? I'll be your friend if you need another one. Smiles and hugs are fine too," says Azura. "Do you see a lot of battle? Who are you avenging?"

Silver Crusade

"I do not, people think that I am slow, that I am not smart, so they make whispers behind hands, thinking just cause it takes me longer to say what I need to say, that I am dumb. I am not, I just don't have the words. Once I did, and when I wake after the bouts of not-sleep, I talk better, slowly it goes away. But in battle, no one cares that my words are short, that I don't talk fancy. No one cares that I get angry, shout, or do my best talking with my body." The wings seem to flair a bit, opening in thier 6 pattern for a breath, no more than a heart beat, before slowly bending back onto his back. The youngish assimar shows what he means by flexing various muscles so that the scales ripple on his armor, making a wave from one side to the other.
"I can be scary when I need be, I don't like it but its where my muscles and my slow speech seem to help the most"
I like freinds, specially when I think I will be staying some place for awhile, not that the Fallen aren't freinds when I leave. I simply never stay somewhere long enough to make lasting freinds, unlike Darya and Dragz they are freinds no matter where I go.


"It's good that you've found a place for yourself hat can give you an outlet for your skills while helping the community, even if you don't always feel like you can fit in," says Azura. "Could I look at your book, perhaps? Learn more about your wizard friend through his writings?"

Silver Crusade

Ik-Ha-Thruun merely hands over the book, a very ornate thing, that would be a Blessed Book if there were any spells inside it, the book looks to be short perhaps only 200 pages long, but on closer inspection it is greater than 5000 pages.

Not sure what your trying to find out, give me a little to go on if you want to find out more about his backstory IC


Just waiting for Asmodina to get back to us. :)


Hearing Ik-Ha-Thruun explain his experiences to Azura, and the link they shared from that fateful night, the flame haired warrior smiles moving to rest a hand on her friend's shoulder. "Always!" she says with a smile.


Darya Flamekissed wrote:
Looking from Luci to Azura, he smile broadening and a telltale flush rising to her face, Darya finishes her drink. "My place is actually pretty nearby," she says in a husker tone."And the walk over in the evening air is perfect this time of year."

"Tempting, very tempting," she replied before leaning in a bit closer to whisper, "but trust me when I say you'll want to wait for Azura to come with us."

251 to 300 of 468 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / Wrath of the Righteous IC recruitment thread by Asmodina All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.