Player character wishes to kill me, even though no reason. Asking help to prevent my death.


Advice

151 to 184 of 184 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Wow, this game is a train wreck. Why on earth woukd anyone waste their time with this bs? Seriously, it isn't worth it.


No Oracle thing allows him to be a naga. The only way to be a naga is to have the monster race. His oracle level should not be above 2 (the lowest level adjustment for any naga is 6). Naga's do have darkvision and spells/day.

I suspect he is straight up cheating. The part about the different colored rocks was bs. For the NPCs to be that stupid is absurd.

In terms of stealing your bow,
your natural CMD is 22 + 5 (minimum) > his 26 CMB roll. He didn't steal your bow according to the rules.
if you were wielding your bow - stealing is an autofail: "Items held in the hands (such as wielded weapons or wands) also cannot be taken with the steal maneuver—you must use the disarm combat maneuver instead."

Most tables beyond college are not like the table you are at right now.


The 6 Level Adjust Naga has +6 NA, which when added to his +3 dex would give him the 19 AC before buffs - as mentioned in previous posts on page 3.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Pathfinder did away with level adjustment.


not entirely, the race point system adds CR based on the amount of points the given race has in abilities/attributes and the like.

It sounds like the munchkin game your a part of is broken.

it is clear your not having fun, and that is the major goal of the game. Do not give him the satisfaction of killing the character, simply walk away and check the boards for a local game. If there are none, i would strongly suggest you look into the pathfinder society online games and go from there.

I believe that is the strongest argument to close this mess. Also talk to the gaming group and see if they would be interested in a non munch kin game. many good games have been fueled by the burning wreckage of bad ones.

my .02

whatever your choice, good luck man... and take the higher ground.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I admit, the rock thing is possibly the most stupid thing I've heard in recent memory.

Grand Lodge

5 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm going to be very frank here. The group you're playing with is right around 6th grade in terms of maturity. The fact that you're here looking to "win" against these man-children does not reflect well on you.

Walk away. You shouldn't want anything to do with gamers of that caliber. You will be able to find more players easily. In this day and age, where the Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and the vampire bondage porn series rake in box office dollars, where everyone and his dog has a world of warcraft account, finding people to play nerd games with is easy. You can even grab the beginner's box and introduce new people to the hobby.

If you're truly in an absolute desert of gamers and the jerk squad really is your only hope for RPG gaming, there are skype, roll20, and the other zillions of programs designed to bring pen and paper gaming to the internet.

You really have to ask yourself if you're having fun with these people. If this kind of drama filled charlie foxtrot of a gaming group is your cup of tea (which I suspect it is), then suck it up and take your lumps.

Scarab Sages

Where do you go to college, dude? Jerry Falwell's Liberty University?

wspatterson wrote:
I admit, the rock thing is possibly the most stupid thing I've heard in recent memory.

Especially since by the time the blood had dried (before which the rocks could NOT be passed off as proper red-stone currency since it would be obvious even to a blind merchant that they were covered in blood), those rocks would be dyed brown or black, instead. How valuable, exactly, are brown and black stones supposed to be?

This thread is certainly an interesting roller-coaster of perspectives and speculation - but unfortunately, I think the behavior of DM #2 (DM constructed of #2?) and the fact that he's a personal buddy of the antagonistic player makes it all clear.

I would ask: How OBVIOUS should it be to the other players that you're being bullied? Is it fair to say that at least the majority of the players outside yourself, the DMs, and the antagonist PC are in the dark over this whole conflict (in which case, you could, I dunno, try informing them directly) - or is there just no friggin' way regular players could miss it? Having been in a couple of not-wholly-dissimilar boats to this in the past myself, I feel that if the other players know what's going on, then they're complicit in the matter if they're not speaking out, and if that is the case, then I, quite frankly, see nothing too wrong with spoiling their game as well. They can call it a learning experience. It sounds like you have been and continue to be unglodly patient and sportsmanlike through the whole thing - it does not make you "no better than they are," you've already gone out of your way to prove otherwise. No backsies. Just be sure to do something memorable, clever, and that makes your motives clear.

Imperfect example: I knew someone who'd been playing since the "Red Box" era (who, if I'm thinking of the right person, happens to be dead now) who at some point joined a game already in progress in which the DM said that, if he joined, he would have to take a pre-made character who happened to be Chaotic Evil. What was really strange about this was that the plot of the adventure was that of a Lord of the Rings-like epic quest to collect a set of scattered artifacts (which may, in fact, have been rings) for the purpose of destroying them by throwing them into Mount Doom or wherever, which would lead to the End Of All Evil In The World. So, this player played along right up until the very end, when everyone else had tossed their artifacts into perdition and he was expected to do likewise, when he thought something along the lines of "I'm Evil, right? If I destroy this artifact, then I'll be destroyed along with it, right?" It also just so happened that he had one of those magic items (a luckblade or a ring or something) that granted him 3 wishes, of which he had one left - SO, he used that final wish to teleport himself at the last second to the safety of the nearest Evil temple, which for some reason was enough to incorrigibly snatch Defeat from the jaws of Victory - I don't understand why the rest of the party, all obviously very powerful, couldn't have just ferreted out that temple and raided it for their traitor party-member and his artifact, but the player said the DM was quite angry about this, in spite of the fact that you'd think he'd have seen this outcome coming. Like I said, this is an imperfect example (one which I was neither present at nor relevant to by any stretch of the imagination, just to be clear), insofar as the player was not being bullied, he was just role-playing in a totally common-sense manner - but the point is it's a very good example of shocking the DM and the party with a Shyamalanesque twist ending.

You've heard the Internet ballad of Fancy the Famous Bard? You sound eerily like you're in his boat - the one problem being that you face the worst obstacle in tabletop gaming: an antagonistic and biased DM. With that in mind, see if you can work something out with the superior DM - since there's two DMs, would it be possible, or even at all helpful, for you to arrange to fight the final boss under him? That raises another question: How are the 2 DMs going to handle running the final boss (which sounds, I could be wrong, like a single entity)? So many questions, so many variables, so many loose ends....

Moving on: If the gaming group at your college is a pack of cowards led by pigs, how far is it from where you go to school to the nearest major settlement? I spent a while commuting to my games. Whatever happens, do not let this experience lead you to the conclusion that you'll never play again. It took me almost a DECADE for a viable gaming group to fall within my enduring grasp...but I did. If you're a worthwhile person and player, you can and will find better than what you've got. As someone told me along the way, "Don't give up...it's a great hobby. :)"


Talk out of character, to the DM and player together. If this fails chin the tw@t. Sorted.

Grand Lodge

You could probably just make Paladin and kill him in one attack round since he's playing an evil undead, but a better solution is to leave the group now and don't be nice about it either. If you're afraid of confrontation just send an email to to just the gm, or hell just stop showing up. Duck em honestly doesn't sound like they've earned anything from you.


I had something to say, but then I looked up Fansy The Famous Bard, as mentioned by Closet, and forgot what.

:)

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Yeah dude it's time to leave. Your GM is actively picking on you with no recourse or reward to you or your character for such behavior and your player base sucks, drop the game. Trust me there are plenty of other ones near by and you will find one that gives you what you want without making you feel put upon. As for the other people in your group if they ask about why you left just let them know honestly what happened and how it made you feel. If they are your friends they'll understand and if not whatever, trust me you don't want to be stuck in a group that just bends you over the table for the other players enjoyment.

As for solving this in game you won't be able to, if your GM is involved in the bullying he WILL just find new ways to torment you until you either leaves or he learns the error of his ways. Building a new character to just fight them will just egg them on to new avenues of tormenting you and I don't think you just want to build a bunch of characters you really like to have them be brutally and unfairly murdered, nerfed, and tortured until they realize how horrible they have been to you. This is not something you just need to suffer through to prove a point and isn't your only game in town. Trust me flit on there are other games.

Now as a thought exercise that could only really occur if you somehow managed to solve the GM issue, and PvP is allowed, and you are unnerfed, and you will be GM fairly, and you "companion" still seeks you harm. Basically you just go out an ninja him in the night. If you want it solved quickly a coup will solve that, if you want to teach a lesson carve out his eyes, tongue, and then various fingers in that order. The lack of eyes solves his beating your invisibilty problem, the lack of tongue shuts him up and removes verbal spellcasting, and the lack of fingers takes away his somatic spells and removes his ability to flip you the bird.

If nothing else just remember you are a ninja and therefore fight with ninja rules, which often follow the Princess Bride rules of battle which go until the pain.

But none of these aforementioned things really matters if your GM is aligned with this player since all he has to do is say "No that isn't allowed".


2 people marked this as a favorite.

If gaming is causing you this much grief, its not gaming. Its an abusive relationship. And like most abusive relationships you are invested and don't want to leave. Leave!

Honestly it sounds like more than half the people you are playing with are the kind of people that give RPG's a bad name. Petty, vindictive, immature, and power hungry. Drop them like a hot rock.

I'll tell you a secret: not only are there more gamers out there than you think, but if people are your friends first and then you introduce them to gaming you will have a good group.

And its really not the end of the world if you can't find a group for a few years. You'll find one later (and with better people).

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

You say there are no other gaming options locally, but you have enough time to post on the boards, why not just say adios to the craptastic train wreck you are currently in and see if any online games posted in this very forum catch your interest? Not only would it get you out of the no win situation you find yourself in but you would be able to continue playing ... with folks who most likely won't try to screw your PC over.

Truly the game you are in is a no win situation. "Taking them all with me" is not what your goal should be ... after all, you would be screwing over the other players in the group in addition to the problem player (and you would not really have an effect on the GM). If you really want to make an impact, voice your concerns to all members of the group (as voicing your concerns privately with the GM had negative effects). If the other players are unaware of what's been going on, they are now informed and you have done them a service by doing so. If they were aware and were content with doing nothing, then you really don't need to be hanging out with those folks.

After voicing your concerns, leave. Let the "good GM" know you would still be interested in playing if he is running the game, but other than that, cut your ties with this particular campaign.


End result is that I will be stopping the campaign and will not be resuming any campaign for a while... :(

Here is to hoping for another campaign/DM close by...


LordGeovanni wrote:
There are really only 2 strong DMs at the college that I go to.

I'm going to echo some of the other sentiments in this thread. The above is a false statement, going purely by your descriptions. Also, anyone (and let me emphasize that) ANYONE can learn to DM. Some will be good, some will be bad, and some will be just plain broken. But anyone can learn to do it. There is really only one barrier to entry for filling that seat, and it is time, plain and simple. Even having the books is no longer a barrier thanks to the SRD. I've DM'd games for 1 player running all four characters and a game for 8 players running 4 characters (it was a good/evil thing... long story). Obviously 4-6 players is the sweet spot and the most fun. Learn the game from the other side of the screen, keep a level head, and you can probably easily find 2 or more people willing to start a new game. But yeah, you have to be willing and able to put in the time to do it.


LordGeovanni wrote:

I really don't want to throw out my work on the campaign just because he is being a jerk. In fact, I am still having fun. I just want to get some advice on how to not die because of him. The bigger problem is that as the "zombie" race he gets immunity to my poisons and (so he believes, but I know better) the precision damages of SA and Critical. While he makes that mistake I may be able to hold him off a bit, however the fact that he is undead allows him to do things like give himself diseases that would affect characters he touches with Con damage. He is immune to all Fort saves which makes him such a threat to me.

I think in addition to the undead, he is not required to sleep which limits the times that he is "helpless" to almost null...

LOL I would just hire a bunch of good clerics and set up a trap.. Hell if he is a zombie, you may not even need to hire them..

"Mr. good cleric or Pharasma sire.. Hey, I know I have bent been a model citizen, but there is this zombie chasing me and I was wondering you and the church might be willing to help. "

Silver Crusade

Are you comfortable telling us what town or area you are in? Maybe some of us could see if there were groups we know of in your area. Google, paizo, pfs, etc. are good ways to find games.
Also you could try pbp. It is not as satisfying as sitting at a live game. But I have found that it can be fun, it will also help you learn more of the game. :)


"Everytime I punch myself in the nose, I get a bloody nose."

Stop punching yourself in the nose.

Fighting Corpse-Hole and the DM is punching yourself in the nose. Leave the game. Go play an MMO, or PS4/whatever. Random Hero suggesetd PbP and that is better than what you are doing. You are obviously wound up over the whole affair and I do not buy your "but I am having fun anyway" line.

The DM has created a Hostile Play Place. It's hard to report a bully when the flippin' boss is the bully!

If you feel like it might help, tell the group why you are leaving: you are tired of being a second class citizen in a society of equals.

Leave the group. Run your own game. Don't play at all. Any *other* choice is a better choice than sitting through Corpse-Hole and Dork-Master McGee's shenanigans!

Here's a tissue for your bloody nose.

Dark Archive

Geovanni,

Please consider trying Pathfinder Society in an online game. There are many great gm's and players who would provide a positive play experience.


get a stick

Beat him with it repeatidly and ask if he likes it
if he doese then your problem is solved as you get satisfaction in beating him ooc and he gets it in charachter.


LordGeovanni wrote:

Okay, this is a bit difficult to explain, however I will do what I can to explain as much as I can. Please specify anything that you would like to know more of and I will do my best to aid.

I am a Vishkanya Ninja. I am currently level 8 and usually use a Shortbow to attack with Sneak Attacks after turning myself invisible with "Invisible Trick".

More-or-less, a better player (DM level) has stated out-of-game that he will kill my character and lists reasons why that are not part of the game itself. In fact, all the possible reasons for why he wants to kill me that could be considered in-game have been explained to his character in a way that would prevent his character from wanting to kill me and he doesn't care. He goes on to explain the character that he has (A Homebrew race that is most "zombie" attributes including 0 Constitution [it uses his Charisma mod where needed] and Auto-Succeed all Fort saves), which is trained as an Oracle, has spells that will specifically prevent my character from defeating him and will allow him to kill me.

The specifics that he has gloated about include using "Invisibility Purge" to prevent me from escaping and Sneak Attacking him while also using something like "Darkness" to force an area around him to only be able to be seen through by characters with Darkvision (which he has). Basically it is everything to prevent me from being able to hit him.

I ask that anyone please say anything that I could do to prevent this. The DM has stated for me to just review the spells as best as I can to make sure that I take every possibility into consideration but I am still not strong when it comes to spells.

As it is, if you need more information, I am quite willing to supply it. I would prefer not to post the entire Homebrew Race seeing as how the DM has made it himself and I would not want his ideas stolen completely. Other than asking for the entire homebrew, I am still willing to supply information about the Race. Please just ask any questions that may help explain my...

Undead Bane Arrows

Dust of disappearance x10
Darkvision ki power

Attack at night, run if must... do this till his spells run out and attack again before dusk (when such an evil character gets his spells back)
Kill Him.

Worst case when he casts run. Come back in 15 mins when his spells are gone ... repeat till his empty.

OR

Go to his head church.. petition the high priest and so his god (start worshiping them). Make it forbidden at risk of death squads of paladins and inquisitors AND loss of power to attack you.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ive being reading this post from his asking of what to do. I don't want to sound like an a@@$!%! but if your having trouble and the dm and the player has made it clear your going to die and everyone has said leave and your still playing tells me one thing. Your a sucker for punishment leave the game and end this bull crap or stay and have these jack offs kill you and rolling another character wont end this they will do the same thing to the new character as well so no matter what your boned. Because when it is the dm doing this your NEVER going to win he is NEVER going to stop allowing bs to happen to you. The fact this idiot dm allowed a race HE built in the game show's just how moronic he is. You last game just before the game starts go buy CoD on xbox or some other game you have been want to play toss it on the table and look right at the dm saying " enjoy the fact my ninja disappears in the night like the shadow he is and nothing you can do to stop it" firmly put your finger in his face and go play CoD and let it settle that you robbed the moron of his glory. DM can control everything but not what you say you do. Taking away his power robs him of his drug.


TarkXT wrote:

Walk away from the game. Explain to the GM that you're there to have fun not put up with someonelse's b$%&#@+%.

No questions need be asked here the guy has clearly decided he doesn't like you and chances are any and all characters you bring into the game will be treated the same way. Worse, it appears that the rest of the group is aware of this and is doing f@*@ all about it.

You can do better.

Honestly this is spot on. It just misses one thing. The GM is a tool as well for allowing it to happen. Actually one more error in the post, run, don't walk away from this game. It is a train wreck in a progress and nothing good will come of it.


Sir:

Walk away from that group, just dont go.

Find a module/set of adventrues that looks apealing to you, and try DM'ing yourself. Its not that hard.
play on a differnt day, and see if any of them join you.

Life is too short to put up with what you have been putting up with.


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

I've known people like this, and have had friends that display tendencies similar to this at times. This isn't about killing your ninja, it's about watching you struggle unsuccessfully against something and the look of disappointment when something you cherish is compromised. I'm serious - some people are childishly sadistic at heart, even as adults, and get off on this type of thing. They will use any real-world reason they can muster up (i.e. your attack on this player's friend) to provide "justification" for making you squirm. This is a quality often found in politicians, but more commonly in plain @$$holes.

Trust me, they have a weakness, and it's attention. Ignore him. Completely. Deny him what he wants. If your DM can't back you up, then I feel sorry for your DM (I really do) because he also is not adult enough to see what's going on, and there's nothing you can do but leave.

If it's possible, start up a game with other people and don't say anything about it to this group until they notice you're not there. Just sit back and watch the childish reactions fly trying to make it seem like you're the unreasonable one.

Remember, you have a good reason to just stop playing with these people. It's not your job to make sure they understand what it is. You don't owe them anything. If they don't understand, then that's their own life lesson to learn.

You said you're not willing to leave - but just look at how many posts here are recommending doing just that. There is a lot of player experience talking here.


thundercade wrote:

I've known people like this, and have had friends that display tendencies similar to this at times. This isn't about killing your ninja, it's about watching you struggle unsuccessfully against something and the look of disappointment when something you cherish is compromised. I'm serious - some people are childishly sadistic at heart, even as adults, and get off on this type of thing. They will use any real-world reason they can muster up (i.e. your attack on this player's friend) to provide "justification" for making you squirm. This is a quality often found in politicians, but more commonly in plain @$$holes.

Trust me, they have a weakness, and it's attention. Ignore him. Completely. Deny him what he wants. If your DM can't back you up, then I feel sorry for your DM (I really do) because he also is not adult enough to see what's going on, and there's nothing you can do but leave.

If it's possible, start up a game with other people and don't say anything about it to this group until they notice you're not there. Just sit back and watch the childish reactions fly trying to make it seem like you're the unreasonable one.

Remember, you have a good reason to just stop playing with these people. It's not your job to make sure they understand what it is. You don't owe them anything. If they don't understand, then that's their own life lesson to learn.

You said you're not willing to leave - but just look at how many posts here are recommending doing just that. There is a lot of player experience talking here.

^WORD^


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Have forged 'Wanted' posters put up all over town with his face, description, and last known location (being the Thieves' guild area and neighborhood) Have them offering an incredibly huge reward (not unbelievable) for his head but the wanted posters are from a kingdom over or two towns away and can't be verified easily.

As a guard you can easily get a template to work from and almost no one in the public will have trained linguistics to be able to disprove it easily. This should attract many bounty hunters who, even if they can't find him, are trampling all over the guild's territory and messing up their ability to work.

Don't forget to list the crimes, mostly really bad ones and some embarrassing. 'Wanted for Murder, Arson, Sheep Molestation, Betrayal of guildmates, Incest with grandmother, Necrophilial bestiality, and Jaywalking.'


LordGeovanni wrote:

Okay, this is a bit difficult to explain, however I will do what I can to explain as much as I can. Please specify anything that you would like to know more of and I will do my best to aid.

I am a Vishkanya Ninja. I am currently level 8 and usually use a Shortbow to attack with Sneak Attacks after turning myself invisible with "Invisible Trick".

More-or-less, a better player (DM level) has stated out-of-game that he will kill my character and lists reasons why that are not part of the game itself. In fact, all the possible reasons for why he wants to kill me that could be considered in-game have been explained to his character in a way that would prevent his character from wanting to kill me and he doesn't care. He goes on to explain the character that he has (A Homebrew race that is most "zombie" attributes including 0 Constitution [it uses his Charisma mod where needed] and Auto-Succeed all Fort saves), which is trained as an Oracle, has spells that will specifically prevent my character from defeating him and will allow him to kill me.

The specifics that he has gloated about include using "Invisibility Purge" to prevent me from escaping and Sneak Attacking him while also using something like "Darkness" to force an area around him to only be able to be seen through by characters with Darkvision (which he has). Basically it is everything to prevent me from being able to hit him.

I ask that anyone please say anything that I could do to prevent this. The DM has stated for me to just review the spells as best as I can to make sure that I take every possibility into consideration but I am still not strong when it comes to spells.

As it is, if you need more information, I am quite willing to supply it. I would prefer not to post the entire Homebrew Race seeing as how the DM has made it himself and I would not want his ideas stolen completely. Other than asking for the entire homebrew, I am still willing to supply information about the Race. Please just ask any questions that may help explain my...

I have a suggestion. Should this player (determined to compare his gaming penis to yours) decide to get his gank on, don't bother humoring him. Basically, although you want to react, act to defend your character, don't bother. Don't give him the contest. As the guy tears your character apart, you must show complete disinterest and not roll a thing. Treat this annoyance like a child. Turn to the dm and say, "so can we continue with the quest and your game already? This pvp with a char made to kill mine isn't really my thing. What's next gaming quest wise? What have you got planned dm?"

When your char dies, if it comes up as somehow legit and how the story goes, explain you aren't interested in any of that. You are interested in the dm's story, and their game, not pc pvp for weak reasons. If the dm says your char is dead because the gankosaurus killed them, ask "how am I meant to play in your game now? I was ready to go, my character was made and sorted and this guy killed my char for no reason but to gloat and show off his creation. Might I suggest we put this foolishness out of the way and get back to the game. It is after all meant to be a coop game, not a player vs player game."

I suggest this because if you play the versus game, the dice may favor you, but your enemy knows your char and has prepared something to counter them. Going to the extent of proudly putting forward a homebrew race that doesn't sound at all balanced.

So, I suggest you stick with the game, ignore this idiot but be prepared if they try to ruin your game and fun by offing your char. Try to get the game back on track, and get the dm to delete whatever happens for the benefit of his story and so that a coop game is told, not just the onanist chronicles of a very sad player.


You could also use a hat of disguise to make his life miserable alongside forged 'Wanted' posters. Set up a plan with a squad of your guards, find some low-level thieves guild member or fence who's pickpockets or got stolen goods and while he's being apprehended (or roughed up if that's in character for the good guys), mention to your sergeant that you have other business to check into and he's to wait for 'the informant' to come verify that this is 'the guy'.

Use your hat of disguise to look like zombie guy (Typical Disguise skill probably hard to pull of with his serpent body) and then come slinking from the shadows a reasonable distance away that it looks like you're trying to be secretive, but you're not.

Tell the sergeant, "He's the one. It was him behind the <some crime you know your nemesis actually did in-character>." Sergeant hands you a bag of 'gold'. and you leave.

On the way to taking him to jail, you show back up as yourself and say there's trouble at the docks, townhall, wherever and to drop everything.
"What about this guy?"
If he's tied up or manacled: "Just leave him here. He bound, we'll come get him later."
Or, "Doesn't matter, this is more important... besides... with the traitor inside... those Thieves' guild scum have their days numbered."

Or you could try disguising yourself as him and just straight out beating up every other thief you know, but then you have to do so with his tactics and direct interaction poses more risk to them seeing through the disguise.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My DM/GM would not stand for this one bit, in fact many years ago playing 2nd edition AD&D a player character turned on me when I put on some enchanted armour that we found, he didn't like this and promptly attacked me. The DM didn't like this one bit but he kept calm and began to explain that as we were fighting a Roc began to approach us, and lo and behold said Roc picked up the player and flew away with him, never to be seen again!

The player in question wasn't impressed but he got over it!

Also I've never come across "homebrew" characters in 28 years of gaming, why are the rule books written? What's the point if players can make over powerful characters?


I think how I would handle it would be:

1. Play normally until the player seeking to kill you makes a move.
2. When the player commits to the attack again, before he can roll any dice or declare he's casting a spell to the DM you character is dead. That should take the wind out of his sails.
3. Ask the DM to make a new character that has nothing to do with the old. So the group can continue the game.
4. Start running games at low level with the slow progression rate. You may find you like it as well as or better than playing.


Buggs Bunny wrote:

My DM/GM would not stand for this one bit, in fact many years ago playing 2nd edition AD&D a player character turned on me when I put on some enchanted armour that we found, he didn't like this and promptly attacked me. The DM didn't like this one bit but he kept calm and began to explain that as we were fighting a Roc began to approach us, and lo and behold said Roc picked up the player and flew away with him, never to be seen again!

The player in question wasn't impressed but he got over it!

Also I've never come across "homebrew" characters in 28 years of gaming, why are the rule books written? What's the point if players can make over powerful characters?

Lol, did the dm say "the Roc's eyesight is based on movement" *points at aggressive player* "and you were moving."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So what happened?
Was there an all out brawl?
Did you kill him?
Did he kill you?
Did you walk out?

DETAILS MAN!

151 to 184 of 184 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Advice / Player character wishes to kill me, even though no reason. Asking help to prevent my death. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.