Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

189,151 to 189,200 of 238,658 << first < prev | 3779 | 3780 | 3781 | 3782 | 3783 | 3784 | 3785 | 3786 | 3787 | 3788 | 3789 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:
Psyched about Wildwood! I'm trying Standard for the first time. :)

Did that release? I haven't played any Hearthstone for 3 weeks or so. I should probably load it up again.

But not right now.

Tomorrow.

Also, d'oh, it's Witchwood -- not Wildwood!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
What the heck is tomatillo?

You say ground cherry, I say tomatillo. They're a regular ingredient in many Mexican and Tex-Mex dishes, and quite delicious in fresh salsa and tomatillo marmalade/jam.

captain yesterday wrote:
Coffee acts like an appetite suppressant for me.

Coffee doesn't seem to affect my appetite, but it does tend to work on me like a bran muffin.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Coffee doesn't seem to affect my appetite, but it does tend to work on me like a bran muffin.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought I was weird.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yes, there's also that, gotta keep regular, yo!


7 people marked this as a favorite.

Things NobodysHome Cannot Comprehend

...In team meeting, with all team members present...
Manager: So, it's agreed. If we're testing someone else's lab, we have Track Changes turned on, and we add comments and changes as necessary to update the lab to the latest version?
Everybody, Including Bad Co-Worker: Yes!

...post-testing, when NobodysHome finds NO changes or comments in his lab...
NobodysHome: Did you have change tracking on? Did you make any changes? The practices don’t indicate any changes…
BCW: I didn’t make any changes.

...during final QA...
Manager: I don't understand why all these comments got through to me and hadn't been fixed.
NH: What comments?
M: Oh, BCW added a bunch of yellow and blue highlighted text indicating where the labs didn't work. Didn't she tell you?

...so, s**t's hitting the fan because a bunch of my practices don't work. And they don't work because I never knew about the problems.

I am... more than a little pissed.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Your system does keep dates of the changes and notes, doesn't it? It will be clearly visible that the notes were added later than during your stint?


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
Your system does keep dates of the changes and notes, doesn't it? It will be clearly visible that the notes were added later than during your stint?

The "I didn't make any changes" is a verbatim email I've already forwarded to my manager.

We pay people too much for them to pull this kind of stupidity.

And the sad thing is, it's almost impossible to find decent new people when we DO have openings...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Drejk wrote:
What the heck is tomatillo?

You say ground cherry, I say tomatillo. They're a regular ingredient in many Mexican and Tex-Mex dishes, and quite delicious in fresh salsa and tomatillo marmalade/jam.

captain yesterday wrote:
Coffee acts like an appetite suppressant for me.
Coffee doesn't seem to affect my appetite, but it does tend to work on me like a bran muffin.
NobodysHome wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Coffee doesn't seem to affect my appetite, but it does tend to work on me like a bran muffin.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought I was weird.

Caffeine is a mild psychoactive diuretic. Keeping you regular is one of the benefits.

The downsides are the withdrawal symptoms. If you are a caffeine addict and feel mentally slower without it, you're not imagining things. Caffeine withdrawal includes lowered brain activity as a symptom.

It's also the most common addiction on Earth.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Your system does keep dates of the changes and notes, doesn't it? It will be clearly visible that the notes were added later than during your stint?

The "I didn't make any changes" is a verbatim email I've already forwarded to my manager.

We pay people too much for them to pull this kind of stupidity.

And the sad thing is, it's almost impossible to find decent new people when we DO have openings...

If they do it enough times, demote them back to intern.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

More fun at work today.

They decided, in their infinite wisdom, that the person who does everything up front should be assigned to not do any of it. So, instead of my normal duties, I spent five hours cleaning hand pieces.

We spent five hours with the front counter effectively shut down before management figured out this is a bad idea.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Terrinam wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Drejk wrote:
What the heck is tomatillo?

You say ground cherry, I say tomatillo. They're a regular ingredient in many Mexican and Tex-Mex dishes, and quite delicious in fresh salsa and tomatillo marmalade/jam.

captain yesterday wrote:
Coffee acts like an appetite suppressant for me.
Coffee doesn't seem to affect my appetite, but it does tend to work on me like a bran muffin.
NobodysHome wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Coffee doesn't seem to affect my appetite, but it does tend to work on me like a bran muffin.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought I was weird.

Caffeine is a mild psychoactive diuretic. Keeping you regular is one of the benefits.

The downsides are the withdrawal symptoms. If you are a caffeine addict and feel mentally slower without it, you're not imagining things. Caffeine withdrawal includes lowered brain activity as a symptom.

It's also the most common addiction on Earth.

Shutyourmouththereisnothingwrongwithcoffee!!!

Sells neighbor's shoes for a bag of gourmet coffee.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Ill never forget when I got addicted to coffee...withdrawl symptoms were awful.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

That's because you quit, you don't suffer withdrawal if you never quit.

The Exchange

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Yeah most people don't bother to quit if they get addicted to coffee. I mean, why bother? No one's going to look at you sideways if you claim your day doesn't start until you get your coffee.

And like every single office I've been to has a coffee machine - which makes the temptation even greater.

And if you tell me that I have a tea problem I'll tell you that you're infringing my personal freedom to drink tea. It's not a crime so why are you getting worked up about it?

So yeah, what caffeine addiction =)

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

My weekend is going to be busy. Got a nephew sitting, need to get my BF out running and... I'm sure there were some assorted things I haven't done yet.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Another sign of spring.

When the city comes around and starts towing all the broken down cars that have been abandoned in our neighborhood over the winter.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Neighs triumphantly from Captain Yesterday's shopping basket.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

They have Tim Tams in Madison now!

Or at least I just noticed we had them in Madison.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Apparently I'm in a mood tonight. Got onto second shift for letting a truck and trailer park in our loading zone. That and she keeps turning our phones ringer down to the point I can't hear it. So i'll miss phone calls. Just in a general foul mood I think. First day back after my day off is only reason I can think of.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Why am I up at this ungodly hour?
Because food poisoning, that’s why.
Nothing like having stuff coming out both ends at once.
Thank goodness. I don’t think I could take it if there were a lot of things this unpleasant.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Graphic...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Er, sorry.... I was trying not to be.... :/


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sipping on some ginger ale. Hoping it will stay down. Probably not.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The kidlet’s dad is driving him to school today. Obvious reasons.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

S'alright


3 people marked this as a favorite.

So I'm trying to figure out the point of this thread. Seems like it's all about just getting it to be as long as possible, by carrying on whatever conversations you feel like. Is that right? Or am I missing something? Are there rules? Like, no talking about goblins or paladins, not talking about the rules of this thread (fight club style, in which case I apologize for breaking the first two rules of Deep 6 FaWtL), or whatever?


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Malachandra wrote:
So I'm trying to figure out the point of this thread. Seems like it's all about just getting it to be as long as possible, by carrying on whatever conversations you feel like. Is that right? Or am I missing something? Are there rules? Like, no talking about goblins or paladins, not talking about the rules of this thread (fight club style, in which case I apologize for breaking the first two rules of Deep 6 FaWtL), or whatever?

Think of it like twitter without the character limits or abuse. ;P

It started out of spite to see how long we could make a thread when someone complained about the forums being too long, but now it’s just a place to hang out.
No politics, religion, or sports (some allowances made for the weird European sports because we don’t understand what they’re bloody well talking about in the first place). First post of every page is naked because tradition. Otherwise just follow the board guidelines and talk about whatever. Silliness often encouraged. :)


6 people marked this as a favorite.

Ginger ale stayed down so far. This is good. My husband stopped and got some Gatorade on the way home, so now it’s just about staying hydrated between bouts of sickness. It’s the red Gatorade though cause that’s nasty and if I’m going to end up hating a flavor due to sickness then I pick that one.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Aeglos and Kajehase show rarely these days, I don't speak about sport anyway, and I don't recall Kjeldorn speaking about European sports, so the provision for European sports might be a bit dead at the moment.


8 people marked this as a favorite.

Wait... I thought this thread was all about worshipping Freehold's Black Manliness (TM)?


4 people marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:

Why am I up at this ungodly hour?

Because food poisoning, that’s why.
Nothing like having stuff coming out both ends at once.
Thank goodness. I don’t think I could take it if there were a lot of things this unpleasant.

*Knocks politely on the bathroom door and a leaves a package with a roll of his emergency "Silky-butt" 6-layer silk-paper toilet paper, a small box of mints, a few old comics and a get-well card with some silly "hope it passes through quickly" joke*


8 people marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
Aeglos and Kajehase show rarely these days, I don't speak about sport anyway, and I don't recall Kjeldorn speaking about European sports, so the provision for European sports might be a bit dead at the moment.

Well, Murglethigh season is just around the corner, so brace yourself for the deluge.

It was also the 5687 (we use Pictish dating) Westmoreland Crab Hinting (amalgamated rules) championship yesterday, Mercia vs. Elmet, and there's a lot of bad blood there, let me tell you, dating back to 4725's infamous Huws Grey Charity Shield semi-finals. Some very fine work from Elmet's lower back-side rut-dabbler, but only four groggerlumbs in a full six-hour match is pathetic, considering we're at national level here. You'd expect a better score at a school match.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Aeglos and Kajehase show rarely these days, I don't speak about sport anyway, and I don't recall Kjeldorn speaking about European sports, so the provision for European sports might be a bit dead at the moment.

Well, Murglethigh season is just around the corner, so brace yourself for the deluge.

It was also the 5687 (we use Pictish dating) Westmoreland Crab Hinting (amalgamated rules) championship yesterday, Mercia vs. Elmet, and there's a lot of bad blood there, let me tell you, dating back to 4725's infamous Huws Grey Charity Shield semi-finals. Some very fine work from Elmet's lower back-side rut-dabbler, but only four groggerlumbs in a full six-hour match is pathetic, considering we're at national level here. You'd expect a better score at a school match.

Obviously he's talking about cricket. Or Calvinball. One of those two.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

We've got snow in the forecast for Sunday again. If it comes to fruition this will be the 4th straight weekend with snow.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Malachandra wrote:
So I'm trying to figure out the point of this thread. Seems like it's all about just getting it to be as long as possible, by carrying on whatever conversations you feel like. Is that right? Or am I missing something? Are there rules? Like, no talking about goblins or paladins, not talking about the rules of this thread (fight club style, in which case I apologize for breaking the first two rules of Deep 6 FaWtL), or whatever?

Feed the beast!!

Or whatever.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Limeylongears wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Aeglos and Kajehase show rarely these days, I don't speak about sport anyway, and I don't recall Kjeldorn speaking about European sports, so the provision for European sports might be a bit dead at the moment.

Well, Murglethigh season is just around the corner, so brace yourself for the deluge.

It was also the 5687 (we use Pictish dating) Westmoreland Crab Hinting (amalgamated rules) championship yesterday, Mercia vs. Elmet, and there's a lot of bad blood there, let me tell you, dating back to 4725's infamous Huws Grey Charity Shield semi-finals. Some very fine work from Elmet's lower back-side rut-dabbler, but only four groggerlumbs in a full six-hour match is pathetic, considering we're at national level here. You'd expect a better score at a school match.

Murglethigh season!!

Gets out Murglethigh net, adjusts cup, puts on his Murglethigh jersey and prepares the traditional victory cheese log.

Whoo hoo!! Go Sportsball!!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
lynora wrote:
Ginger ale stayed down so far. This is good. My husband stopped and got some Gatorade on the way home, so now it’s just about staying hydrated between bouts of sickness. It’s the red Gatorade though cause that’s nasty and if I’m going to end up hating a flavor due to sickness then I pick that one.

As a general rule, I hate all Gatorade.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Wait... I thought this thread was all about worshipping Freehold's Black Manliness (TM)?

I thought it was about basking in his Black Manliness (patent pending).


3 people marked this as a favorite.

It's actually nice out for once, so I spent my plan period walking around the track.

...I wimped out after either 3 or 4. I am so out of shape.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Aeglos and Kajehase show rarely these days, I don't speak about sport anyway, and I don't recall Kjeldorn speaking about European sports, so the provision for European sports might be a bit dead at the moment.

Well, Murglethigh season is just around the corner, so brace yourself for the deluge.

It was also the 5687 (we use Pictish dating) Westmoreland Crab Hinting (amalgamated rules) championship yesterday, Mercia vs. Elmet, and there's a lot of bad blood there, let me tell you, dating back to 4725's infamous Huws Grey Charity Shield semi-finals. Some very fine work from Elmet's lower back-side rut-dabbler, but only four groggerlumbs in a full six-hour match is pathetic, considering we're at national level here. You'd expect a better score at a school match.

The sad thing is that I legitimately cannot tell which of these terms are made up.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Aeglos and Kajehase show rarely these days, I don't speak about sport anyway, and I don't recall Kjeldorn speaking about European sports, so the provision for European sports might be a bit dead at the moment.

Well, Murglethigh season is just around the corner, so brace yourself for the deluge.

It was also the 5687 (we use Pictish dating) Westmoreland Crab Hinting (amalgamated rules) championship yesterday, Mercia vs. Elmet, and there's a lot of bad blood there, let me tell you, dating back to 4725's infamous Huws Grey Charity Shield semi-finals. Some very fine work from Elmet's lower back-side rut-dabbler, but only four groggerlumbs in a full six-hour match is pathetic, considering we're at national level here. You'd expect a better score at a school match.

Obviously he's talking about cricket. Or Calvinball. One of those two.

Hurling?


6 people marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:

Why am I up at this ungodly hour?

Because food poisoning, that’s why.
Nothing like having stuff coming out both ends at once.
Thank goodness. I don’t think I could take it if there were a lot of things this unpleasant.

reads post, nods

presses button on desk during staff meeting

inflatable, nodding, mumbling Freehold takes place of normal Freehold

slips into chute hidden under desk

slides down voltron style slide into Abscondi-cave

verifies lynora coordinates with Ms. Mc.Rib

washes Prius Abscondicar III thoroughly, as we will be going inside an ill woman today

drives to lynora

puts sterile booties on prius wheels, presses "shrink" button

drives under lynora front door, up stairs, into house

drives into lynora through ent-turnpike, avoids mouth, other entrances

deals with traffic on lynora interchange, uses LYNORAPASS to pay any tolls

listens to Lynora Radio, playing all the greatest Lynora based hits, such as "Breathing" by the Lynoras and "Heartbeat" by the Lynoras

pauses to take a break at Lynora House, orders the Lynora with extra Lynora and a side of Lynora, with a small Lynora to go

bumps into stranger on the way out, who adjusts their trench coat and fedora, covers their face

realizes the culprit has been caught when they do not respond to my command to stop and identify themselves

bodily tackles bad food, takes an elbow in the teeth as it squirms free

bad food leaps into rusting, non lynora-enviornment-emissions approved vehicle, drives for the stomach to wreak more havoc

not on my watch

presses "overdrive" button on Prius Abscondicar III

chases the culprit, who sweves in and out of oncoming traffic (start at 3:40)

puts on 70s car chase music

has to cut him off before he hits the stomach again

pulls up targeting computer

fires full spread of photon torpedoes

wings him, watches him spiral out of control, crash into Lynora cliffs below

drives away from explosion, not bothering to look back

gets bill from LynoraCorp, damages done in chase only slightly lesser than my own fees, resulting in free meal from Lynora House

score

drives out of lynora, traffic is much easier now

drives out lynoras ear, down stairs, out get front door

returns to work


7 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Wait... I thought this thread was all about worshipping Freehold's Black Manliness (TM)?

You mean that isnt what this thread is about?

Who have I been granting spells to, then?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Aeglos and Kajehase show rarely these days, I don't speak about sport anyway, and I don't recall Kjeldorn speaking about European sports, so the provision for European sports might be a bit dead at the moment.

Well, Murglethigh season is just around the corner, so brace yourself for the deluge.

It was also the 5687 (we use Pictish dating) Westmoreland Crab Hinting (amalgamated rules) championship yesterday, Mercia vs. Elmet, and there's a lot of bad blood there, let me tell you, dating back to 4725's infamous Huws Grey Charity Shield semi-finals. Some very fine work from Elmet's lower back-side rut-dabbler, but only four groggerlumbs in a full six-hour match is pathetic, considering we're at national level here. You'd expect a better score at a school match.

is this real or a parody?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Cap Yesterday, Compulsive FAQer wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Wait... I thought this thread was all about worshipping Freehold's Black Manliness (TM)?
I thought it was about basking in his Black Manliness (patent pending).

worship, bask, whatever. Just don't bite it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I have 20 Witchwood packs to open, but I am at work. :(


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:

Well, Murglethigh season is just around the corner, so brace yourself for the deluge.

It was also the 5687 (we use Pictish dating) Westmoreland Crab Hinting (amalgamated rules) championship yesterday, Mercia vs. Elmet, and there's a lot of bad blood there, let me tell you, dating back to 4725's infamous Huws Grey Charity Shield semi-finals. Some very fine work from Elmet's lower back-side rut-dabbler, but only four groggerlumbs in a full six-hour match is pathetic, considering we're at national level here. You'd expect a better score at a school match.

With a little work, this could easily turn into a sports version of Emo Philips' "Guy on the Bridge" joke.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Eddie Lizzard wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:

Well, Murglethigh season is just around the corner, so brace yourself for the deluge.

It was also the 5687 (we use Pictish dating) Westmoreland Crab Hinting (amalgamated rules) championship yesterday, Mercia vs. Elmet, and there's a lot of bad blood there, let me tell you, dating back to 4725's infamous Huws Grey Charity Shield semi-finals. Some very fine work from Elmet's lower back-side rut-dabbler, but only four groggerlumbs in a full six-hour match is pathetic, considering we're at national level here. You'd expect a better score at a school match.

With a little work, this could easily turn into a sports version of Emo Philips' "Guy on the Bridge" joke.

I just saw him a couple weeks ago. He's touring with Weird Al.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Aeglos and Kajehase show rarely these days, I don't speak about sport anyway, and I don't recall Kjeldorn speaking about European sports, so the provision for European sports might be a bit dead at the moment.

Well, Murglethigh season is just around the corner, so brace yourself for the deluge.

It was also the 5687 (we use Pictish dating) Westmoreland Crab Hinting (amalgamated rules) championship yesterday, Mercia vs. Elmet, and there's a lot of bad blood there, let me tell you, dating back to 4725's infamous Huws Grey Charity Shield semi-finals. Some very fine work from Elmet's lower back-side rut-dabbler, but only four groggerlumbs in a full six-hour match is pathetic, considering we're at national level here. You'd expect a better score at a school match.

is this real or a parody?

Of course it isn't a parody. I wish it were - just goes to show that a four tinkle-duke formation may give you an impressive amount of mid-glebe coverage, but where's your offensive capability, eh? Mercia have a fabulous front echelon, but even their crab starers and flingers (Aziz - what a player!) were helpless against the three tinkle-duke - wafter - gip - gip back six that kept Elmet safe during the very frequent tiffty-huzzles that always went their way, leaving Mercia's forward dabblers to scamper fruitlessly from rut to rut with no hinting room at all. Elmet didn't deserve to win the game, but Mercia certainly deserved to lose it, and I'd be surprised if Keith Wynne's still manager after the autumn sacrifices are over.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Tinkle Duke it!! Tinkle Duke it!!! Gip! Gip!! Gip!!! G###+@n it!!!!

Furiously throws hat and monocle on the pitch, kicks dirt at opposing team's celebratory tea and crumpets.

189,151 to 189,200 of 238,658 << first < prev | 3779 | 3780 | 3781 | 3782 | 3783 | 3784 | 3785 | 3786 | 3787 | 3788 | 3789 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.