Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

189,251 to 189,300 of 239,754 << first < prev | 3781 | 3782 | 3783 | 3784 | 3785 | 3786 | 3787 | 3788 | 3789 | 3790 | 3791 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
eBay is useless. I tried searching for a lighter, and all it had was 13,749 matches.

It is a pretty solid amount of matches at least. we probably need to call smokey in on that one.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My boss has a room-temperature IQ. Assuming that room is an unheated outhouse in Antarctica.


6 people marked this as a favorite.

I told my Mom that my new girlfriend was mostly deaf, so she should speak loudly and slowly. Told my new girlfriend that my Mom was mentally handicapped. Then I put them in a room together and watched the show.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
If you ignore looks, money, fame, success, skill, and intelligence, then there's really no difference between me and George Clooney.
Personal hygiene?

No, I'm pretty sure that I smell better than he does.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
eBay is useless. I tried searching for a lighter, and all it had was 13,749 matches.
It is a pretty solid amount of matches at least. we probably need to call smokey in on that one.

Are you nekkid because all the matches are raising the temperature, of do you have a "thing" for anthropomorphic bears?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
eBay is useless. I tried searching for a lighter, and all it had was 13,749 matches.
It is a pretty solid amount of matches at least. we probably need to call smokey in on that one.
Are you nekkid because all the matches are raising the temperature, of do you have a "thing" for anthropomorphic bears?

Ah you forgot option number 3 I accidentally set my cloths on fire with the matches.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
If you ignore looks, money, fame, success, skill, and intelligence, then there's really no difference between me and George Clooney.
Personal hygiene?
No, I'm pretty sure that I smell better than he does.

That would still be a difference sir!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I went to a nice restaurant the other day, and the waitress asked me if I had any questions about the menu. I said "Yeah, I do. What font is this?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm very street smart. So long as that street is Sesame Street.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
I told my Mom that my new girlfriend was mostly deaf, so she should speak loudly and slowly. Told my new girlfriend that my Mom was mentally handicapped. Then I put them in a room together and watched the show.

that's funny right their. I mean your for sure going to hell but still very funny.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
I'm very street smart. So long as that street is Sesame Street.

You know that probably still puts above a good percentage of the population.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
If you ignore looks, money, fame, success, skill, and intelligence, then there's really no difference between me and George Clooney.
Personal hygiene?
No, I'm pretty sure that I smell better than he does.
That would still be a difference sir!

Fine. Just for you, I'll shower less often.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Relationship Status: I'm a Rubik's Cube, try to figure me out.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I hear they're making a new Steve Jobs biopic. Actually, they're just re-releasing it on IMAX. You know, same thing as before, but now with a bigger screen!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

English is weird. It can be understood through tough thorough thought, though.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Relationship Status: I'm a Rubik's Cube, try to figure me out.

Hit you with a hammer til all your cubes fall off then put them back so that all the colors match?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I think my next girlfriend will be a zombie. That way I'll finally be with someone who wants me for my brain.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
English is weird. It can be understood through tough thorough thought, though.

How about the fact that Bologna and pony rymn?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

So we all know that a "dozen" is 12, and a "baker's dozen" is 13, right? I would like to introduce you to the "gran rey's dozen". It's only 11 because I take one for myself.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
I think my next girlfriend will be a zombie. That way I'll finally be with someone who wants me for my brain.

... That poor poor zombie is going to be so disappointed.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
I think my next girlfriend will be a zombie. That way I'll finally be with someone who wants me for my brain.
... That poor poor zombie is going to be so disappointed.

Hey! I'm smart! I'll prove it to you: *ahem* "The square of the length of the hypotenuse of a right triangle is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides. In other words, A^2 + B^2 = pi*r^2."

Thank you.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Is it bad that I'm already thinking about calling in sick next week so I don't have to deal with the 5 (5!!!) little league teams that are booked at my hotel? Of course, the group sales lady is pleased with herself for booking that many rooms, but the manager is pissed for a couple of reasons. First, that's way too many a@#%&+$s and their a~@$*++ kids. Secondly, because of the film fest in town next week, we could almost certainly have sold all those rooms at more than twice the rate, so we're losing money.


7 people marked this as a favorite.

I know I've said a lot of bad things about cats, but there is one thing I like about them. They don't hate you because of your ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender, appearance, or politics. They hate you because they are a cat. So at least their hatred is honest and pure.

Unless, of course, you are allergic to cats. Then they don't hate you at all and want nothing more than to cuddle with you all damn day long.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Is it bad that I'm already thinking about calling in sick next week so I don't have to deal with the 5 (5!!!) little league teams that are booked at my hotel? Of course, the group sales lady is pleased with herself for booking that many rooms, but the manager is pissed for a couple of reasons. First, that's way too many a$&+&%!s and their a!#!~@! kids. Secondly, because of the film fest in town next week, we could almost certainly have sold all those rooms at more than twice the rate, so we're losing money.

5!!! little league teams? man I would just call in dead. Ofcourse I have our local festival next week which is like the biggest even we have all year. People come from hundreds of miles for it. Its ridiculous. Looks like we both get to suffer.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:

I know I've said a lot of bad things about cats, but there is one thing I like about them. They don't hate you because of your ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender, appearance, or politics. They hate you because they are a cat. So at least their hatred is honest and pure.

Unless, of course, you are allergic to cats. Then they don't hate you at all and want nothing more than to cuddle with you all damn day long.

I think I heard somewhere that cats just see you as another bigger cat. while dogs see you as something else. I can't verify that information at all.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Is it bad that I'm already thinking about calling in sick next week so I don't have to deal with the 5 (5!!!) little league teams that are booked at my hotel? Of course, the group sales lady is pleased with herself for booking that many rooms, but the manager is pissed for a couple of reasons. First, that's way too many a$&+&%!s and their a!#!~@! kids. Secondly, because of the film fest in town next week, we could almost certainly have sold all those rooms at more than twice the rate, so we're losing money.
5!!! little league teams? man I would just call in dead. Ofcourse I have our local festival next week which is like the biggest even we have all year. People come from hundreds of miles for it. Its ridiculous. Looks like we both get to suffer.

It's a busy time for us right now. Yesterday and today were Mom's Weekend at the university. Next week is the film fest. Then it's the marathon. Then I think we have an off week, maybe? And then it's graduation for the university. So, yeah, busy.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Is it bad that I'm already thinking about calling in sick next week so I don't have to deal with the 5 (5!!!) little league teams that are booked at my hotel? Of course, the group sales lady is pleased with herself for booking that many rooms, but the manager is pissed for a couple of reasons. First, that's way too many a$&+&%!s and their a!#!~@! kids. Secondly, because of the film fest in town next week, we could almost certainly have sold all those rooms at more than twice the rate, so we're losing money.
5!!! little league teams? man I would just call in dead. Ofcourse I have our local festival next week which is like the biggest even we have all year. People come from hundreds of miles for it. Its ridiculous. Looks like we both get to suffer.
It's a busy time for us right now. Yesterday and today were Mom's Weekend at the university. Next week is the film fest. Then it's the marathon. Then I think we have an off week, maybe? And then it's graduation for the university. So, yeah, busy.

Yeah I'm look at full tom F$%^ery until the fall. Unless of course I get this new job. You know the one I applied for in January. I emailed her and she said HR is still processing. which is kind of funny but sad. I really have to wonder what they do when someone quits unexpectedly and it takes them 5 months to hire someone. On the plus side however I'm pretty sure I must be one of the top picks cause usually they let me know pretty quickly If I don't have the job.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
I think my next girlfriend will be a zombie. That way I'll finally be with someone who wants me for my brain.

Brainzzz!

The Exchange

3 people marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:

I know I've said a lot of bad things about cats, but there is one thing I like about them. They don't hate you because of your ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender, appearance, or politics. They hate you because they are a cat. So at least their hatred is honest and pure.

Unless, of course, you are allergic to cats. Then they don't hate you at all and want nothing more than to cuddle with you all damn day long.

What bad things did you say about cats again?

Would you like to retract those statements?

*extends and retracts claws*

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
I think my next girlfriend will be a zombie. That way I'll finally be with someone who wants me for my brain.
... That poor poor zombie is going to be so disappointed.

Hey! I'm smart! I'll prove it to you: *ahem* "The square of the length of the hypotenuse of a right triangle is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides. In other words, A^2 + B^2 = pi*r^2."

Thank you.

Wasn't pi*r^2 something to do with area of circle?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I thought she was going for the jugular turns out she after your MATH SKILLS ooooo.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

So, the play test forums are exactly as over the top reactionary as I expected.

I can't wait until the actual play test comes out.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Not Overly Bright (and no longer enthusiastic) Brute Squad Member has finally figured out exactly how far outside of the chain of command I am at work.

It only took him a year and a half.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

*sigh*

Editing text is worse than translating it...

Me speak English good. Me correct good. Me brain needs rest much!


7 people marked this as a favorite.

So yesterday I had a panicked email from another teacher at my school who was upset because Hermione, who is in her class, had told her that "Mama got a new job at Comic Con". And had told another teacher as well. And so the rumor was that I was quitting but hadn't told anyone, and since I'm head teacher, site director, etc...
What I *wanted* to say was, "Don't worry; the day I have finally had enough with the soul-crushing poverty, ostracization by the rest of the parents community because they don't trust the boss, and constantly being judged by *everyone*, I'll let you know. Personally."
But I didn't.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Not to mention that translation is better paid than editing...


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Flesh-eating horses. Greek myths again!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
Flesh-eating horses. Greek myths again!

Shhh... not too loud; my daughter will want one!

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

We do have them in Real Life...

I actually read up on it for Reign of Winter GM research purposes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

We do have them in Real Life...

I actually read up on it for Reign of Winter GM research purposes.

Salted fish is often provide for Icelandic Horses, in winter time on Iceland, as a protein and mineral/salt supplement.

Its litterally just large tubs of salted herring that are put into their pens, and from what I've seen, they seem to munch them down quite happily ^^.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

So, NobodysWife, Shiro, and I went off to see Ready Player One last night. After pans both here and from Impus Major, I expected to be woefully unimpressed.

Instead, it was an unabashedly goofy tour through my childhood. The sheer number of game, toy, and movie references targeted at those of us who were children of the 70s was overwhelming. The in-game scenes were chaotic and goofy and borderline epileptic-inducing, but it all worked for me.

Yes, the out-of-game stuff was all painfully stupid. Beyond painfully stupid. "The screenwriter needs this to happen and these people to behave in this way so they do," stupid.

In spite of all that, all three of us had a really good time, really enjoyed the movie, and it was Shiro's second time and he said he saw all kinds of stuff he hadn't seen the first time.

I'm giving it 2 beers, because you need a little buzz to get through the inexplicable stupidity of the real world scenes, but otherwise we found it a solid movie.

DISCLAIMER: Neither NobodysWife nor I have read the book. Shiro has, and says it's better than the movie but the movie was fine, but we all know that Shiro has no taste.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
I went to a nice restaurant the other day, and the waitress asked me if I had any questions about the menu. I said "Yeah, I do. What font is this?"

{smiles smugly} It's something called Sillian Rail. {goes back to laying pages of the newspaper style section on the floor}


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

So, the play test forums are exactly as over the top reactionary as I expected.

I can't wait until the actual play test comes out.

Don't know... ^^'

There something mesmerizing about the sheer belly-aching, inflated egos, vigorous finger-wagging, glaring entitlement, haughty patronising, feeble pleading, snobbish derision, constant teeth-grinding and passive-aggressive sniping of the Play-test forums (ie the perpetual noise-machine).

It's basically a micro-cosmos of the everyday world of conflicting desires, opinions and, dare I say, political philosophies.

Now who woulda thunk that :P

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

So, NobodysWife, Shiro, and I went off to see Ready Player One last night. After pans both here and from Impus Major, I expected to be woefully unimpressed.

Instead, it was an unabashedly goofy tour through my childhood. The sheer number of game, toy, and movie references targeted at those of us who were children of the 70s was overwhelming. The in-game scenes were chaotic and goofy and borderline epileptic-inducing, but it all worked for me.

From the reviews I've read, this is actually the problem.

The basic complaint I've seen from multiple articles is "World is saved by kid with encyclopedic knowledge of White Male Demographic targeted pop culture ephemera of the 70s, 80s, and 90s, while basically acting as if everything outside of 'White Male Demographic targeted pop cultural ephemera' of those eras basically didn't exist".


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:
Discovered earlier on this week that Actual Lady Longears (Diamond Edition) is Ashanti, which I think is very cool indeed.
you are just learning her name now?

It's the tribe/clan/ethnic group her folks belong to - not referenced in her name at all.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

So, NobodysWife, Shiro, and I went off to see Ready Player One last night. After pans both here and from Impus Major, I expected to be woefully unimpressed.

Instead, it was an unabashedly goofy tour through my childhood. The sheer number of game, toy, and movie references targeted at those of us who were children of the 70s was overwhelming. The in-game scenes were chaotic and goofy and borderline epileptic-inducing, but it all worked for me.

From the reviews I've read, this is actually the problem.

The basic complaint I've seen from multiple articles is "World is saved by kid with encyclopedic knowledge of White Male Demographic targeted pop culture ephemera of the 70s, 80s, and 90s, while basically acting as if everything outside of 'White Male Demographic targeted pop cultural ephemera' of those eras basically didn't exist".

Looking back at that era, I'm finding it hard to see how it's any less problematic when we don't ignore the other groups. That entire era was just a terrible period for entertainment if you didn't enjoy white male-targeted media. I mean, some of the stuff that was empowering for women and minorities back then would be extremely sexist and racist by today's standards.

I might have missed a couple rare gems here or there. But I can see why someone would basically throw their hands up and decide it would be less problematic to just focus on the one group that had it good.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Blergh... Actual headache incoming after three days of recurring very mild headache.

Well, not so much incoming as hit-moments-ago.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:

At an Aladdin Jr. play directed by my wife!! It’s abiut to start!!

... dang it, I need more hours in the day.

It was really daggum awesome!!

Like, wow, but some of those kids can sing! And tumble! And act!

Second day show just as good! The kids got even better over-night, and, though there were more technical glitches (suuuuuuper-rain day makes for moisture which shorts electronics, it seems), the kids were hardcore awesome!


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Rain! You're not hardcore unless you get six inches of snow and an inch of ice in the middle of April.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

But yes, otherwise you should be very proud of everyone!

189,251 to 189,300 of 239,754 << first < prev | 3781 | 3782 | 3783 | 3784 | 3785 | 3786 | 3787 | 3788 | 3789 | 3790 | 3791 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.