Pathfinder Beginner Box (Foundry VTT) CODE

5.00/5 (based on 32 ratings)

Our Price: $15.00

Unavailable

Facebook Twitter Email

Take the first step into an amazing world of fantasy adventure! The Pathfinder Beginner Box contains everything you need to learn how to play the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game on Foundry Virtual Tabletop.

Will you be a courageous fighter, charging headfirst into battle, or a sly rogue, moving quietly to strike at foes from the shadows? Maybe you will be a knowledgeable wizard, wielding incredible arcane spells or a wise and pious cleric, using the power of your deity to shape the world for the better. It is all up to you!

Using Foundry Virtual Tabletop Journals, the Beginner Box for Foundry VTT has been designed to guide and instruct users on how best to experience Pathfinder Second Edition. Whether you are a veteran GM introducing your players to Pathfinder Second Edition for the first time, or a newcomer just starting out with tabletop RPGs, the Beginner Box is for you.

This purchase will grant you an activation code which can be activated through your Foundry VTT account page at https://foundryvtt.com/me/purchases ( downloadable from your My Downloads page on paizo.com). Afterwards you will be able to install the "Pathfinder Beginner Box" module on the Foundry Virtual Tabletop setup screen. To learn more about activating and installing premium content in Foundry Virtual Tabletop, visit https://foundryvtt.com/article/premium-content/.

Note: This product offering requires previous purchase of the Pathfinder Beginner Box PDF. If you would like to purchase both the PDF and the Foundry module together, you may do so at this link.

The Pathfinder Beginner Box for Foundry VTT includes:

  • High-resolution character artwork and unique monster tokens for 56 Pathfinder bestiary creatures, 36 heroic characters, and 13 non-player characters.
  • High-resolution, upscaled versions of the original maps.
  • Two exclusive, highly detailed and immersive adventure maps with support for Foundry Virtual Tabletop's Overhead Tiles and Foreground Layer features, re-created by Narchy Maps using assets from Forgotten Adventures.
  • More than 100 hand-curated journal entries containing revised instructions that teach you how to be a GameMaster or player using Pathfinder Second Edition for Foundry VTT.
  • Scenes pre-configured with walls, lights, sound, tokens, and hazards already placed to provide GMs the most convenient experience running the adventure.
  • Soundscapes provided as ambient playlists and local sound sources to immerse your players, mixed using audio from the Syrinscape library.

The Foundry Virtual Tabletop software is required to use this product. For more information visit https://foundryvtt.com/

Additional Product Images


(click to enlarge)
FVTT2106-1 FVTT2106-2 FVTT2106-3 FVTT2106-4
FVTT2106-5 FVTT2106-6

Product Availability

Unavailable

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

FVTT2106-CODE


See Also:

1 to 5 of 34 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

5.00/5 (based on 32 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Well done

5/5

Good content for a fair price.


5/5

The maps are beautiful, all of the tokens, artwork, and placements are great. Definitely a good way to see how premium modules sets up their scenes so you can learn how to make cool maps yourself.


5/5


Well organized and beautiful introduction to PF2e

5/5

This implementation of the beginner box has been amazing and has sold me on Foundry modules as the way to play Pathfinder 2e. I look forward to getting future APs on Foundry. This module has saved me hours of work which would have had to otherwise come out of my limited free time after work.


5/5


1 to 5 of 34 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
51 to 100 of 134 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Marketing & Media Manager

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Darthwey wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:
Buuburn wrote:
Any update on the discounts not working properly?
We know the discounts aren't always applying where they should and we're working on getting that resolved.
Fixed already?

I have seen no internal communication that the issues have been identified or resolved. We will provide updates when we have them. Thank you for your patience and patronage.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber
Aaron Shanks wrote:
Darthwey wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:
Buuburn wrote:
Any update on the discounts not working properly?
We know the discounts aren't always applying where they should and we're working on getting that resolved.
Fixed already?
I have seen no internal communication that the issues have been identified or resolved. We will provide updates when we have them. Thank you for your patience and patronage.

Thank you so much for the letting us know. Hopefully you know the only reason we're watching this like a hawk is because WE ARE SUPER EXCITED to get this.

Thank you again, and keep up the great work!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Optic_TH wrote:


The iconics are part of base PF2E system. You should have no trouble importing them from the compendium named 'Iconics' and giving them to one of your players. You may want to adjust the encounters by adding 1-2 NPCs if you want to keep the difficulty the same.

/

Guess my brain was in slowpoke mode. Thanks for the info, there are so many compendiums in the Foundry module it is a little overwhelming tbh.

My year plus 5e game doesn't even come close XD

FYI there's rules for balancing encounters for extra players here: https://2e.aonprd.com/Rules.aspx?ID=497

But fwiw, my newbie group ran it with 5 PCs without changing anything and it wasn't excessively easy


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Will the $5 discount be extended if the owning the PDF $15 discount doesn't get fixed by the original expiration date?

Marketing & Media Manager

Shadowsigma wrote:
Will the $5 discount be extended if the owning the PDF $15 discount doesn't get fixed by the original expiration date?

That has not been discussed.


Aaron Shanks wrote:
Shadowsigma wrote:
Will the $5 discount be extended if the owning the PDF $15 discount doesn't get fixed by the original expiration date?
That has not been discussed.

If you don't want to wait until this issue gets resolved and buy it before that can we expect a refund for the discounted price when it is? I had scheduled a session and don't want to wait and potentially miss the other discount.


Looking through the Module in Foundry VTT and it is not Pulling up Monster Sheets when you double click on the monster npc. Is there a different way to get the NPC stats that I'm just not figuring out?


LunaticPariah wrote:
Looking through the Module in Foundry VTT and it is not Pulling up Monster Sheets when you double click on the monster npc. Is there a different way to get the NPC stats that I'm just not figuring out?

If you're the GM, clicking on an NPC token or their listing under the actors tab should open an NPC sheet.

https://discord.gg/KWrFfhpr6Y

The #pf2e channel on the Foundry discord is a good spot to get advice.

Scarab Sages

any update on the discount not Appling


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Jazrian wrote:
Chaos Monkey wrote:
polysemy wrote:
Where do I access the PDF? Under the 'My Downloads' page there's just an item with the FoundryVTT serial key, but there's no link or item for the PDF download.

Same issue here, no PDF link yet. Does it just take a bit?

Same issue here, I don't see a way to download the PDF.

Any update on providing the missing PDF? I haven't yet seen this acknowledged as an issue yet and want to make sure it hasn't been missed.


narchy wrote:
LunaticPariah wrote:
Looking through the Module in Foundry VTT and it is not Pulling up Monster Sheets when you double click on the monster npc. Is there a different way to get the NPC stats that I'm just not figuring out?

If you're the GM, clicking on an NPC token or their listing under the actors tab should open an NPC sheet.

https://discord.gg/KWrFfhpr6Y

The #pf2e channel on the Foundry discord is a good spot to get advice.

I was able to find the module that was the problem.

Marketing & Media Manager

1 person marked this as a favorite.

We continue to investigate and resolve the tech issue. We will post when we have clarity regarding it, the discount, and any associated refunds. I want to communicate with the tech tech and the customer service teams before making a recommendation. Thank you for your patience and patronage.


I hope the issue is fixed soon. That's all I'm waiting for to purchase this. :) I'd purchase now if we get confirmation that I'd get a refund for the price of the PDF I already own.

Seems like some awesome work. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hi
New to PF, not to Foundry. This seemed like an easy way to try something new without too steep a learning curve. So thanks & well done. The pf2e system in Foundry has been implemented way better than 5e.

Question/suggestion:
Have you looked into what is involved with getting the module (and in particular future adventure paths) fully into the Forge Bazaar?

While the process isn't difficult, another advantage (to Forge users) is that modules purchased/installed through the Bazaar don't count toward the cloud storage limit. Installing it took me over the limit, although I was able to delete a couple of older worlds to free some space so it was okay.

If the issue is the Forge Bazaar taking a cut of the purchase (I don't know how it works but I assume they do?) then I'd be happy paying the difference (i.e. if the price on the forge was a couple of bucks more). It'd work out cheaper in the long run than moving to the next subscription level.

Alternatively I could just host it elsewhere. I like the convenience of the Bazaar though, and would miss it.

Marketing & Media Manager

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Aaron Shanks wrote:
We continue to investigate and resolve the tech issue. We will post when we have clarity regarding it, the discount, and any associated refunds. I want to communicate with the tech tech and the customer service teams before making a recommendation. Thank you for your patience and patronage.

To clarify, the $5 sale comes from Foundry and it is their call as to extend. The $5 discount through the 25th is applying correctly. The discount that isn't applying consistently is the discount equal to the PDF price if you already own the PDF.

Feel free to make purchase now or at a later date. Our Customer Service can offer credits to make it right.


Tarenak wrote:

Hi

New to PF, not to Foundry. This seemed like an easy way to try something new without too steep a learning curve. So thanks & well done. The pf2e system in Foundry has been implemented way better than 5e.

Question/suggestion:
Have you looked into what is involved with getting the module (and in particular future adventure paths) fully into the Forge Bazaar?

While the process isn't difficult, another advantage (to Forge users) is that modules purchased/installed through the Bazaar don't count toward the cloud storage limit. Installing it took me over the limit, although I was able to delete a couple of older worlds to free some space so it was okay.

If the issue is the Forge Bazaar taking a cut of the purchase (I don't know how it works but I assume they do?) then I'd be happy paying the difference (i.e. if the price on the forge was a couple of bucks more). It'd work out cheaper in the long run than moving to the next subscription level.

Alternatively I could just host it elsewhere. I like the convenience of the Bazaar though, and would miss it.

If you have added your BB to your Foundry account, then it shows up on the Forge Bazaar as an installable premium module. I just checked and mine is there. :)


Aaron Shanks wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:
We continue to investigate and resolve the tech issue. We will post when we have clarity regarding it, the discount, and any associated refunds. I want to communicate with the tech tech and the customer service teams before making a recommendation. Thank you for your patience and patronage.

To clarify, the $5 sale comes from Foundry and it is their call as to extend. The $5 discount through the 25th is applying correctly. The discount that isn't applying consistently is the discount equal to the PDF price if you already own the PDF.

Feel free to make purchase now or at a later date. Our Customer Service can offer credits to make it right.

Thats what i have finally done, and ask for the customer service to have the amount of store credit for the previously owned pdf.

thanks for the clarification and best regards

can't wait to test this :)


narchy wrote:
Tarenak wrote:

Hi

New to PF, not to Foundry. This seemed like an easy way to try something new without too steep a learning curve. So thanks & well done. The pf2e system in Foundry has been implemented way better than 5e.

Question/suggestion:
Have you looked into what is involved with getting the module (and in particular future adventure paths) fully into the Forge Bazaar?

While the process isn't difficult, another advantage (to Forge users) is that modules purchased/installed through the Bazaar don't count toward the cloud storage limit. Installing it took me over the limit, although I was able to delete a couple of older worlds to free some space so it was okay.

If the issue is the Forge Bazaar taking a cut of the purchase (I don't know how it works but I assume they do?) then I'd be happy paying the difference (i.e. if the price on the forge was a couple of bucks more). It'd work out cheaper in the long run than moving to the next subscription level.

Alternatively I could just host it elsewhere. I like the convenience of the Bazaar though, and would miss it.

If you have added your BB to your Foundry account, then it shows up on the Forge Bazaar as an installable premium module. I just checked and mine is there. :)

Not a Forge user myself but someone shared this: premium content counts against storage limit.

Personally, if you're within 305mb of your storage limit then IMO you probably should look into adding additional storage either directly through the Forge, through cloud storage, or, hosting your own server. I say this because if 305mb is what puts you over then this you're going to be having this issue again and again and again.

Verdant Wheel

showed the correct discounted price for me but when i clicked it and added to my cart it reverted to full price??


DanielB wrote:
showed the correct discounted price for me but when i clicked it and added to my cart it reverted to full price??

Just had the same right now :D


Amiya wrote:
DanielB wrote:
showed the correct discounted price for me but when i clicked it and added to my cart it reverted to full price??
Just had the same right now :D

They're still working on it guys. Worst case scenario, you'll have to contact support and possibly end up recieving credits, as mentioned above. There's still no official decision as of yet that we've heard, as the current $5 off is from Foundry's deal, not the discount for owning the PDF previously.


Worst case scenario, I got it. But I just don't want spend time contacting them and waiting for a coupon or don't know what :)
For now, the price changes between 5$ and 10$ but always 24.99$ when I want to proceed.
Let's wait a bit more :)


KyleS wrote:
Amiya wrote:
DanielB wrote:
showed the correct discounted price for me but when i clicked it and added to my cart it reverted to full price??
Just had the same right now :D
They're still working on it guys. Worst case scenario, you'll have to contact support and possibly end up recieving credits, as mentioned above. There's still no official decision as of yet that we've heard, as the current $5 off is from Foundry's deal, not the discount for owning the PDF previously.

Same thing for me as well.


It just worked as intended! Placed the discounted item in the cart and it was still there when I went to check out!

Silver Crusade

It worked for me as well


Definitely a beautiful product, love the amount of work in it, amazing job!

Marketing & Media Manager

The Pathfinder2e Beginner Box Weekend Livestream is LIVE on Twitch!


Did the $5 discount go away? I thought the promotion was going through the 25th.


Who remade the maps?

It seems they used assets from Forgotten Adventures. The quality is amazing. I'm very impressed.


Brocimus wrote:
Did the $5 discount go away? I thought the promotion was going through the 25th.

It looks like it's gone now. I was busy this weekend and didn't get the chance to capitalize on it. Oh well. At least the bug is worked out for future releases.


Seems the discount issue is resolved. Can we expect a fix to the PDF not being available to purchasers of the module, as advertised?


Great module, amazing production quality, the best I’ve seen on FoundryVTT! I’ve two players in my game who want run sessions of their own after playing this. One migrating from another VTT and the other starting a game in real-world.

This sets a high bar for PF2E and I’m excited to purchase the announced releases. Please sir, may I have some more? official bestiaries tokens?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Was coming in to check if the discount was applying yet and now it looks like it has been removed. Thought it was through the 25th :P


This looks amazing. Please more content for Foundry VTT!!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Optic_TH wrote:
Seems the discount issue is resolved. Can we expect a fix to the PDF not being available to purchasers of the module, as advertised?

OK, I'm perhaps Paizo website impaired XD Just realized I can "purchase" the PDF for $0 because of the Foundry module purchase I made. TY again team, this product is great.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I need some help with the lighting on the dungeon scenes for this set. When I load the scene, the darkness looks correct. However, when any time passes on the world clock, the scene brightens to daylight and all of my players can see as if the world were lit. I do not want to disable rules-based lighting if possible, due to all of its other benefits. Are there any solutions to this?


sampurkiss0912 wrote:
I need some help with the lighting on the dungeon scenes for this set. When I load the scene, the darkness looks correct. However, when any time passes on the world clock, the scene brightens to daylight and all of my players can see as if the world were lit. I do not want to disable rules-based lighting if possible, due to all of its other benefits. Are there any solutions to this?

Hi - I don't know the answer to your question, but the quickest place to get an answer is the PF2e channel on the Foundry VTT Discord.

https://discord.gg/v9K2hKJ

Grand Archive

Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
narchy wrote:
sampurkiss0912 wrote:
I need some help with the lighting on the dungeon scenes for this set. When I load the scene, the darkness looks correct. However, when any time passes on the world clock, the scene brightens to daylight and all of my players can see as if the world were lit. I do not want to disable rules-based lighting if possible, due to all of its other benefits. Are there any solutions to this?

Hi - I don't know the answer to your question, but the quickest place to get an answer is the PF2e channel on the Foundry VTT Discord.

Fundry VTT Discord

Linkified that for you! :3


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The production quality on this is amazing. Very well done.

As I'm preparing to run Menace under Otari for my group I noticed a small inconsistency. The description for Room 3 (The Spider's Web) says "Patches of glowing blue fungus cling to the ceiling and provide dim light" but the map has no light sources for this room.

Liberty's Edge

Hey VL with many Beginner Box runs under my belt, but I bought it from FLGS, Can I get "credit"? I"m looking at running with my local peeps and possibly onlne.


Does anyone know if I can de- activate the product on one foundry account, and move it to another one?


Pathfinder LO Special Edition, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

Okay, so I bought this. Cost me $15.00, $15 off the list price. Well, $14.99. Is that the correct price given that I already own the Beginner Box, both physical and pdf?

BTW, having difficulties getting to the discord. That link upthread, the invite has apparently expired. Tried from the Foundry website, but I have *one* email address and I've already used that for an existing discord account. I put that email address into the signup from the Foundry site, and it tells me that email is already in use and won't let me proceed further. Any idea how I can fix that?

Grand Archive

Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Ed Reppert wrote:

Okay, so I bought this. Cost me $15.00, $15 off the list price. Well, $14.99. Is that the correct price given that I already own the Beginner Box, both physical and pdf?

BTW, having difficulties getting to the discord. That link upthread, the invite has apparently expired. Tried from the Foundry website, but I have *one* email address and I've already used that for an existing discord account. I put that email address into the signup from the Foundry site, and it tells me that email is already in use and won't let me proceed further. Any idea how I can fix that?

The price seems correct, at leats that's the same price I paid. The PDF is 14.99$ and the full Price for the module is 29.99$, so 29.99-14.99 = 15$

This should be a permanent invite:
Foundry VTT discord

You could get more specialized help on that discord server.
(Discord accounts and Foundry accounts are different things btw. The account on the FoundryVTT site is for holding your licenses.)
[EDIT] Oh wait, I think I now understand your problem. Open Discord from your browser. Log in with your normal account. THEN click the invite link, it should open with your already logged in account. Yeah, Discord links with the browser version when you're not already logged in can be buggy and not let you try to log in if you already have an account.


Pathfinder LO Special Edition, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

Is that foundry? It shows up as r/pathfinder2e. Anyway, thanks for the link, and I'll try your last suggestion.

Grand Archive

Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Ed Reppert wrote:
Is that foundry? It shows up as r/pathfinder2e. Anyway, thanks for the link, and I'll try your last suggestion.

That's really weird, cause if you look at the link, I clearly put "https://discord.gg/foundryvtt"... You made me fear for a second that I copy pasted the wrong one!

I am very confused. I wish you all the luck. :X


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder LO Special Edition, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

Well, I seem to have managed to get into the actual foundry discord now, as well as the r/pathfinder2e thing. So I'm good to go. I think. :-)


Dumb Noob question here.

I am new to Pathfinder. And Foundry. And modern RPGs really.

I purchased the full physical beginner box off of Amazon. Do I need to purchase the Foundry module separately to use Foundry with it? If not, how do I get it?


Pathfinder LO Special Edition, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

Yes, you do.


The Evil Prince wrote:

Dumb Noob question here.

I am new to Pathfinder. And Foundry. And modern RPGs really.

I purchased the full physical beginner box off of Amazon. Do I need to purchase the Foundry module separately to use Foundry with it? If not, how do I get it?

Either purchase the Foundry module or build it yourself in Foundry. I chose the former.


Im looking to buy the Humble bundle..i get 42 items one is the Physical box and one is the pdf...i will buy it if they send me the code which i would think they would since i will own this in 2 diff formats.

51 to 100 of 134 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Beginner Box (Foundry VTT) CODE All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.