Pathfinder Adventure Path #146: Cult of Cinders (Age of Ashes 2 of 6)

Pathfinder Adventure Path #146: Cult of Cinders (Age of Ashes 2 of 6)

Preorder Print Edition $24.99

PDF available : $17.99

Facebook Twitter Email

Stand Against the Darkness

The citadel atop Hellknight Hill has been claimed, along with the ring of ancient portals in its basement. What dangers lie beyond this magical portal, and what do the cultists who've used it before have in store? There's only one way to find out: the heroes must travel through to the lands beyond, where they will make new allies, face new enemies, and do much, much more! The Age of Ashes Adventure Path continues with "Cult of Cinders"—a complete adventure for 5th–8th level characters.

ISBN: 978-1-64078-188-7

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscription.

Product Availability

Print Edition:

Preorder, expected approximately 12 Aug 2019

PDF:

Will be available for purchase approximately 28 Aug 2019

Fulfilled immediately.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO90146


See Also:

Sign in to create or edit a product review.


"Stand Against the Darnkness" That darn kness has to be stopped!

Dark Archive

I do find it interesting how it seems each of the six books focuses on helping different one of six core races


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Mwangi elves! I'm so excited for this!

Dark Archive

Traveling through portals to unknown locations and following clues to a "treasure of the gods" while competing with elves, mercenaries & draconic creatures was my very first role-playing campaign.

I guess release date is august 28th.


That's no green dragon... Or at least it doesn't appear as one. Is that a new dragon creature? Or is that a half-breed?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Gold,

Unclear but regardless, that is a Mwangi Elf on the cover.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I guess PF2 elves are no longer as freakishly tall and skinny as PF1 elves were.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

She looks more like a Half-elf like Fola Barun, a Half-elf wildborn that acts like an envoy for the Ekujae.


I just want to know if that's a new dragon or an existing one... It has such a cool look. Why isn't it August already?

David knott 242 wrote:

I guess PF2 elves are no longer as freakishly tall and skinny as PF1 elves were.

The ekujae have always been depicted as more muscular elves. They aren't your common elf after all. But that could indeed be an ekujae half-elf.

Dark Archive

Come to think about it, she doesn't have huge irises so she would indeed probably be half-elf ._. Unless the artist again forgot about pathfinder elf large irises


I'm still going with full elf until proven otherwise.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

Considering the Gozran on the cover of Extinction Curse #1, I agree that is the new elf look for PF2.

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
logic_poet wrote:
Considering the Gozran on the cover of Extinction Curse #1, I agree that is the new elf look for PF2.

That one is placeholder art though. I mean it has Strange Aeons picture on the background :p

Also Merisiel still has 1e elven eyes, so unless its artist mistake, the character on cover seems more like half elf

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

This is what Merisiel looks like in 2e, so the above and one from EC are most likely half-elves.

Edit: ninjaed by Corvus

Paizo Employee Developer

5 people marked this as a favorite.

She is a half-elf. Her name is Nketiah (pronounced something like nn-kesh-ah).

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Eleanor Ferron wrote:
She is a half-elf. Her name is Nketiah (pronounced something like nn-kesh-ah).

Nice! Thankies for the clarification.

Silver Crusade

Hooray. i have wanted to play a Mwangi Elf for years (specifically a Magaambyan wiz sort of person, and this looks like it'll be ideal.

Any chance of an appropriate background, Eleanor? I'm looking forward to your adventure.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

5 people marked this as a favorite.
0o0o0 O 0o0o0 wrote:

Hooray. i have wanted to play a Mwangi Elf for years (specifically a Magaambyan wiz sort of person, and this looks like it'll be ideal.

Any chance of an appropriate background, Eleanor? I'm looking forward to your adventure.

We'll have lots of info on the Ekujae elves here, but no backgrounds in the adventure. Those'll show up elsewhere.

Also, having read (and developed) Eleanor's adventure, I just wanna say here that it's particularly awesome. Especially Harriet.

Also also, the monster they're fighting on the cover is a jungle drake.


James Jacobs wrote:
0o0o0 O 0o0o0 wrote:

Hooray. i have wanted to play a Mwangi Elf for years (specifically a Magaambyan wiz sort of person, and this looks like it'll be ideal.

Any chance of an appropriate background, Eleanor? I'm looking forward to your adventure.

We'll have lots of info on the Ekujae elves here, but no backgrounds in the adventure. Those'll show up elsewhere.

Also, having read (and developed) Eleanor's adventure, I just wanna say here that it's particularly awesome. Especially Harriet.

Also also, the monster they're fighting on the cover is a jungle drake.

New drake! *-*

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Gold Sovereign wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
0o0o0 O 0o0o0 wrote:

Hooray. i have wanted to play a Mwangi Elf for years (specifically a Magaambyan wiz sort of person, and this looks like it'll be ideal.

Any chance of an appropriate background, Eleanor? I'm looking forward to your adventure.

We'll have lots of info on the Ekujae elves here, but no backgrounds in the adventure. Those'll show up elsewhere.

Also, having read (and developed) Eleanor's adventure, I just wanna say here that it's particularly awesome. Especially Harriet.

Also also, the monster they're fighting on the cover is a jungle drake.

New drake! *-*

Not really. See page 100 of Bestiary 5 for a preview, I guess...


James Jacobs wrote:
The Gold Sovereign wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
0o0o0 O 0o0o0 wrote:

Hooray. i have wanted to play a Mwangi Elf for years (specifically a Magaambyan wiz sort of person, and this looks like it'll be ideal.

Any chance of an appropriate background, Eleanor? I'm looking forward to your adventure.

We'll have lots of info on the Ekujae elves here, but no backgrounds in the adventure. Those'll show up elsewhere.

Also, having read (and developed) Eleanor's adventure, I just wanna say here that it's particularly awesome. Especially Harriet.

Also also, the monster they're fighting on the cover is a jungle drake.

New drake! *-*
Not really. See page 100 of Bestiary 5 for a preview, I guess...

Oh, indeed... I suppose that's because I couldn't relate the illustrations.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

That is understandable yeah since Bestiary 5 jungle drake looks like one of those leaf lizards/bugs


CorvusMask wrote:
That is understandable yeah since Bestiary 5 jungle drake looks like one of those leaf lizards/bugs

The one from B5 looks almost friendly to me. This one looks like it's going to kill me on sight.

Dark Archive

That is mostly because you can't see scale of it in that picture, so it looks like tiny sized creature instead of large.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Acording to a post by James Jacobs on the product page of the next volume, this one will include rules for castle building & repair.

Maybe that should be put into the product info?

The first sentence also got a typo: "darnkness" instead of darkness. ;-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm curious to know if there will be a deity article in this volume just as there was in the majority of the second volumes of 1E APs. I hope that's the case.

I also hope to know more about the ekujae, so an article about them or their settlement would also be great!

I was surprised when the elf gates were included in the fifth volume, as we are going to interact with them and the elven people in this volume.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Dank is the marsh.

Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Adventure Path #146: Cult of Cinders (Age of Ashes 2 of 6) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.