Brvheart's Skull&Shackles

Game Master brvheart

Become a pirate and plunder the Shackles and maybe one day challenge the Pirate King himself for leadership!


The Shackles


51 to 100 of 1,739 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 22 28/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: prot. from evil

Oops--forgot there's a chance of catching oneself after a failed Climb check!

Capricia the Pirate Climb Check (to catch herself): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

THUD!! Bounce-bounce.


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 20/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 3/6)

"I have no idea," Laroisael groaned as she staggered a step, "I won't be surprised if I broke something. But I think I'll live. Thank you for the-"

The elf jumped when she heard the thud behind her, seeing Capricia fall. "Guess the half-orc and I aren't the only ones having it rough today..."


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Capricia the Pirate wrote:

Capricia takes her time descending, knowing it's no longer a race. One misstep (and a nat 1), however, and she plummets 50+ feet to the deck!

[dice=Capricia the Pirate Climb Check]1d20+5
[dice=Capricia the Pirate Climb Check]1d20+5
[dice=Capricia the Pirate Climb Check]1d20+5
[dice=Capricia the Pirate Climb Check]1d20+5
[dice=Capricia the Pirate Climb Check]1d20+5
[dice=Capricia the Pirate Climb Check]1d20+5
[dice=Capricia the Pirate Climb Check]1d20+5
[dice=Capricia the Pirate Climb Check]1d20+5

That nat 1 = -10 penalty house rule is gonna be rough on the riggers.

EDIT: Adding the daily d6 task roll in case Capricia survives.

[dice=Capricia the Pirate Daily Swab Task Roll]1d6

1 Man the Bilges: Vile and sweaty work cleaning out the bilges

You need to make a DC 12 Str check and then a DC 10 Con check to avoid being fatigued at the end of your shift. Not fun work.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Harusk wrote:

Wincing in pain as he finishes his climb back down to the deck, and flushed with surprising embarassment fueled by his competative nature. Why exactly am I upset I did so poorly at that climbing gig? I have no desire to be a rigger...Hell, I don't even want to BE here.

[dice=DailyTask]1d6

1 Looks like you are joining Capricia in the Bilges to a DC12 Str and then later a DC 10 CON check, The good news is now that there is 2 of you only one of you has to make the Str check and one can aid another.


Nutѕ wrote:
Capricia the Pirate wrote:
Meeting his eyes, the young woman whispers, "Well done! I'm Capricia. Were you taken from the Formidably Maid as well?"

He halfling cracks a smile back at Capricia. "Truth be told, not really sure. Was on a bit of a pub crawl. Guess we just won the lottery, huh? I'm Aki, but call me Nuts. I see land behind us, but it's too far to swim. Guess we'll have to endure this... for a while, anyway." his eyes get a little more serious as he looks down towards the deck. "We can't be on the sea forever. Or can we?"

Mr. Plugg2 wrote:
Pointing to Nuts "YOU! Come here. You are now my rigger report to me tomorrow morning. The rest of you are going to be swabs. Report to Mr Scourge."

The halfling moves to Mr. Plugg, wondering why he ended up with that monicker. "Mister Plugg, I am also handy with the saw and chisel." he says in the most neutral way possible. "I don't mind climbing ropes, but if you're missing someone who can work wood, just putting that out there... Since we're being assigned posts."

[dice=Task]1d6

That will be good when we need repairs done. For today though I need you in the crows nest. (Lookout: A climb to the crow’s nest 60 feet up,

requiring DC 10 Climb checks followed by a DC 10 Perception check.)


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Laroisael wrote:

Laroisael cusses quite a bit on the impact, shakingly getting herself up. She would've said that was the stupidest thing she ever did...had she not have had ghost peppered spiced chicken and then down a mug of ale. Worst stomachache of her life.

[dice=Task]1d6

Mr Plugg hands you a mop and two holystones. Swab the Decks: Backbreaking work mopping the decks and scrubbing them with sandstone blocks called holystones, requiring a DC 10 Strength or Constitution check. Failing either check results in the PC being fatigued at the end of the shift.


MannyGoblin wrote:

[dice=Task]1d6

I gotta get cooking! Can't be swabben! Potato to peel! Dog to coo...Err...Pig to cook! Biscuit to bake!

"First thing you need to do is catch supper." He hands you a couple of nets and a fishing pole.

Fishing: Catching tonight’s supper using the ship’s
nets. A DC 10 Profession (fisherman) or Survival
check provides enough fish. A failed check results
in a day in the bilges as punishment the following
day


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Now, you all have been assigned your duties for the day. How you go about doing them is up to you but I warn you the officers are fast at using their whips on anyone that they catch shirking!

Daytime Ship Actions
Work Diligently: Gain a +4 bonus on any one check for a
job’s daily task
Influence: Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and
attempt to influence a single NPC
Sneak: Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and
briefly explore one area of the ship (the PC can make a
single Perception check or other skill check with no chance
of detection)
Shop: Take a –2 penalty on all checks for a job’s daily task
and visit the quartermaster’s store (area A9)
Shirk: Take a –2 penalty on all checks for a job’s daily task
and take time exploring one area of the ship. The PC can
take 10 on a single Perception check or other skill check, but
must make a check to avoid being discovered (see below).

Oh and btw, anyone without a rank in profession (sailor) Needs to make a DC 5 Fort check prior to beginning your tasks or be nauseated all day. You can roll again tomorrow to try and recover.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The other officer on board is Cut Throat Groak. He is in charge of the ship's stores meaning he is in charge of all of your equipment.

Besides the officers and 14 pirates, there are a number of NPCs on the ship:
Sandara Quinn, human female
Rosie Cusswell, halfling female and yes she can
Crimson Cogward, human male
Conchobhar Shortstone, gnome male
Barefoot Samms Toppin female human
Giffer Tibbs female gnome
Jack Scrimshaw male human
“Ratline” Rattsberger male halfling
Tilly Brackett female human
“Badger” Medlar female half-elf
Shivikah female human
Aretta Bansion female human
Fipps Chumlett male human
Jaundiced Jape male half-orc
Maheem male human
Slippery Syl Lonegan female human
Tam “Narwhal” Tate male dwarf
Jakes Magpie male human
It would behove the party to get to know your new companions as well as you can and make allies


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Rolling for Emerald Waters, task: 1d6 ⇒ 3
3 Swab the Decks:


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 20/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 3/6)

Swabbing the Deck: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Although Laroisael would love to try and chat with the rest of the crew, she does not want to meet the business end of those whips, so she spends the day swabbing the deck, softly singing to herself an old pirate song she heard about when she first entered Port Peril.

She's working diligently. for now


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 22 28/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: prot. from evil

Capricia introduces herself to the half-orc who joins her in the bilges, chatting a bit if he seems willing. As time passes, she decides to explore the area in case there's anything of value hidden away in the area.

Daytime Action: SNEAK. Will explore the bilges.

Capricia Strength Check (Aid Another--Harusk): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 SUCCESS! +2 to Harusk's Strength check to complete the work.

Capricia Constitution Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 FAILURE! Fatigued condition added.

Capricia the Pirate Perception Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Manny regrets not having Profession-Sailor
fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Manny works diligently!
survival: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 4 = 19

I'll bash fishes till they are dead, then stuff them with bread. It's OK because they are dead and into the big pot so long, bye bye, get lost!


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Capricia the Pirate wrote:

Capricia introduces herself to the half-orc who joins her in the bilges, chatting a bit if he seems willing. As time passes, she decides to explore the area in case there's anything of value hidden away in the area.

Daytime Action: SNEAK. Will explore the bilges.

The lowest deck of the ship, the bilges are a foul, damp
place with thick cobwebs above and 1–2 feet of dark,
brackish water that stinks abominably below. A ladder
leads up to a trap door that opens in the lower hold
(area A10), and a single bilge pump rests near the stern.
The bilges also double as the ship’s brig, and six sets of
masterwork manacles with average locks (Break DC 28,
Disable Device DC 30) are fixed to the bulkheads in the
forward portion of the deck.

chance: 1d100 ⇒ 19
coin flip: 1d2 ⇒ 1 odd Harak even Capricia

There is a pirate held captive here in manacles.

Harak, a tiny spider lands on you and attempts to bite you
bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2–4 min 1 non lethal plus poison) Harak, make a DC10 fort save


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Nutѕ wrote:
When Nuts finishes addressing Plugg, a loud smack is heard behind him. He turns around to see Laroisael spread across the deck, and runs to the elf. "Heavens, that was loud! Are you okay?"

Nuts, you need to make your climb rolls again for the 60', better get used it. Not sure you can do much besides work diligently all the way up there.

We will wait for Harak and Nuts rolls before we move on to the evening's activities.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Laroisael wrote:


Although Laroisael would love to try and chat with the rest of the crew, she does not want to meet the business end of those whips, so she spends the day swabbing the deck, softly singing to herself an old pirate song she heard about when she first entered Port Peril.

She's working diligently. for now

Tedious work is hard, but is easier when you are not the only one doing it. Several others are assigned the same job today. Seems like it is the default job. Shortly after you get started the woman next to you starts up a conversation to pass the time if nothing else, Yo, there my names Sandara, Sandara Quinn. Looks like you took quite a fall earlier. As soon as Plugg in his arse isn't looking, I see if I can help."

Shortly thereafter, Sandara casts Cure Light Wounds on you
healing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
She takes a toke on a little pipe to mask the air. Come see me tonight for rum ration and I'll introduce ya to me friend Rosie."

And btw Laroisael, I always love some good Alestorm!!! Give yourself and extra 50 xp!!!


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 20/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 3/6)
brvheart wrote:

Tedious work is hard, but is easier when you are not the only one doing it. Several others are assigned the same job today. Seems like it is the default job. Shortly after you get started the woman next to you starts up a conversation to pass the time if nothing else, Yo, there my names Sandara, Sandara Quinn. Looks like you took quite a fall earlier. As soon as Plugg in his arse isn't looking, I see if I can help."

Shortly thereafter, Sandara casts Cure Light Wounds on you
She takes a toke on a little pipe to mask the air. Come see me tonight for rum ration and I'll introduce ya to me friend Rosie."

Laroisael is surprised by the woman talking to her, and especially for healing her. "Thank you, Sandara. Laroisael is my name. Adventurer of the Ancient Ruins of the Inner Sea! At least, I was until I got shanghaied. I was planning on checking out those cyclops ruins, got a tip that the bar I was at was a meeting spot for someone to give me a map to there. Fell for that like a fish on a worm and I'm paying the price."

As Sandara starts to leave, Laroisael gives a nod. "I'll be there tonight, that's a promise."

brvheart wrote:
And btw Laroisael, I always love some good Alestorm!!! Give yourself and extra 50 xp!!!

It's the one Alestorm song I know, and I first heard of it from that Donkey Kong fan animation. Glad to know my knowledge of said song paid of xD


1/2 Orc Storm Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +4, R +2, W +5 | Init +4 Perc +8
brvheart wrote:


1. Looks like you are joining Capricia in the Bilges to a DC12 Str and then later a DC 10 CON check, The good news is now that there is 2 of you only one of you has to make the Str check and one can aid another.

We'll Harusk's Str is slightly better, so howsabout you aid his roll. Capricia? AFTER the little matter of insects is dealt with, that is...

brvheart wrote:
Capricia the Pirate wrote:

Capricia introduces herself to the half-orc who joins her in the bilges, chatting a bit if he seems willing. As time passes, she decides to explore the area in case there's anything of value hidden away in the area.

Daytime Action: SNEAK. Will explore the bilges.

The lowest deck of the ship, the bilges are a foul, damp

place with thick cobwebs above and 1–2 feet of dark,
brackish water that stinks abominably below. A ladder
leads up to a trap door that opens in the lower hold
(area A10), and a single bilge pump rests near the stern.
The bilges also double as the ship’s brig, and six sets of
masterwork manacles with average locks (Break DC 28,
Disable Device DC 30) are fixed to the bulkheads in the
forward portion of the deck.

There is a pirate held captive here in manacles.

Harusk, a tiny spider lands on you and attempts to bite you, make a DC10 fort save

Intending to 'Work Dilligently' for now (+4 on any one Check for Daily Task), with no desire to feel the sting of a whip, the half-orc clambors down the steps into the blige area, making a face at the stink. "Well. This should be fun. The name's Harusk...sorry about the mess. Apparently the maid took the day off."

The druid exhales, looking around for what exactly they were supposed to be doing.

...just as Capricia meanders off.

"Hmmm. Ok..."

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Harusk flinches and shakes his left hand, "Hey! Ow! What the...?"


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Harusk wrote:
brvheart wrote:


1. Looks like you are joining Capricia in the Bilges to a DC12 Str and then later a DC 10 CON check, The good news is now that there is 2 of you only one of you has to make the Str check and one can aid another.

We'll Harusk's Str is slightly better, so howsabout you aid his roll. Capricia? AFTER the little matter of insects is dealt with, that is...

brvheart wrote:
Capricia the Pirate wrote:

Capricia introduces herself to the half-orc who joins her in the bilges, chatting a bit if he seems willing. As time passes, she decides to explore the area in case there's anything of value hidden away in the area.

Daytime Action: SNEAK. Will explore the bilges.

The lowest deck of the ship, the bilges are a foul, damp

place with thick cobwebs above and 1–2 feet of dark,
brackish water that stinks abominably below. A ladder
leads up to a trap door that opens in the lower hold
(area A10), and a single bilge pump rests near the stern.
The bilges also double as the ship’s brig, and six sets of
masterwork manacles with average locks (Break DC 28,
Disable Device DC 30) are fixed to the bulkheads in the
forward portion of the deck.

There is a pirate held captive here in manacles.

Harusk, a tiny spider lands on you and attempts to bite you, make a DC10 fort save

Intending to 'Work Dilligently' for now (+4 on any one Check for Daily Task), with no desire to feel the sting of a whip, the half-orc clambors down the steps into the blige area, making a face at the stink. "Well. This should be fun. The name's Harusk...sorry about the mess. Apparently the maid took the day off."

The druid exhales, looking around for what exactly they were supposed to be doing.

...just as Capricia meanders off.

"Hmmm. Ok..."

Harusk flinches and shakes his left hand, "Hey! Ow! What the...?"

Harak, you still need to make the DC12 Str check although you are getting a +6 between the working diligently and the aid another. Also the DC10 Con check


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

Can I take a waterskin into the nest? Sunburn could be an issue.

Nuts climbs up into the crow's nest for lookout duty. Once he is topside, he shouts at Plugg. "Hey, Mister Plugg... What am I looking for, exactly? Land, ships, a kraken?"

He spends the day looking at the surrounding sea, but frequently looks at the deck to try to find anything that could be useful to help his situation. Lifeboats, weapons stored on the deck, loose rope...

Crunch:

Nausea
Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Ascending
Climb: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 5 = 21
Climb: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 5 = 10
Climb: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 5 = 8
Climb: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 5 = 6
Climb: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 5 = 6
Climb: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 5 = 16
Climb: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 5 = 8
Climb: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 5 = 14
Climb: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 5 = 19
Climb: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 5 = 20

Perception
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Sneak
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Descending
Climb: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 5 = 20
Climb: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 5 = 20
Climb: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 5 = 21
Climb: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 5 = 13
Climb: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 5 = 13
Climb: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 5 = 22


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Nutѕ wrote:

Can I take a waterskin into the nest? Sunburn could be an issue.

Nuts climbs up into the crow's nest for lookout duty. Once he is topside, he shouts at Plugg. "Hey, Mister Plugg... What am I looking for, exactly? Land, ships, a kraken?"

He spends the day looking at the surrounding sea, but frequently looks at the deck to try to find anything that could be useful to help his situation. Lifeboats, weapons stored on the deck, loose rope...

** spoiler omitted **

A small jolly boat (same statistics as a rowboat) sits on the deck next to the port rail. It has two sets of oars but no mast. Although designed to carry four Medium passengers, the jolly boat can fit six at a push.

An iron cage hangs from the side of the mizzenmast, containing a body of a pirate. An ugly parrot Pluck perches atop the cage, still waiting for its master to awaken.

"Any other ship, other dangers and if we get surprised by a kraken or any other beastie I will have yer hide and you can replace Gruft there. He made the mistake of beating the captain at dice. Iffen you gets bored you kin talk to his parrot."


1/2 Orc Storm Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +4, R +2, W +5 | Init +4 Perc +8
brvheart wrote:


Harak, you still need to make the DC12 Str check although you are getting a +6 between the working diligently and the aid another. Also the DC10 Con check.

OOC:

First:
Daily Task Str Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Daily Task Con Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Second:
I didn't miss that I HAD to make the rolls. I just didn't want to presume that I was getting aid from her due to her using the Sneak option.

Third: Ok, I give up. You win. I've officially changed his name to Harak instead of Harusk. ROFLMAO

............
BIC:

Harak wrinkles up his nose at the horrible odor of the Bilge, trying and just barely succeeding to not gag. He then raises his hands to swat at another insect before readying himself to attempt to ward off any further spider-drops. "Urgh. This place is horrible....are you even listening to me?"


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 22 28/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: prot. from evil

Capricia looks up from her snooping. "Of course I'm listening to you, Harusk! That's your name, right--Harusk?" ;P


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The lowest deck of the ship, the bilges are a foul, damp place with thick cobwebs above and 1–2 feet of dark, brackish water that stinks abominably below. A ladder leads up to a trap door that opens in the lower hold (area A10), and a single bilge pump rests near the stern. It's your guys job to clean it up as best you can. Not a lot to see down here with the exception of Poor Jakes here in manacles.


1/2 Orc Storm Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +4, R +2, W +5 | Init +4 Perc +8
Capricia the Pirate wrote:
Capricia looks up from her snooping. "Of course I'm listening to you, Harusk! That's your name, right--Harusk?" ;P

"Well, yeah. But most people call me Harak. It's sort of a nickname. Long story."

The half-orc moves to the bilge pump, probing with his shovel, and then glances over to the manacled prisoner. "What the heck did You do to get locked down here??"


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

"Stealin'"


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 22 28/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: prot. from evil

"What did you steal?" Capricia inquires. "And who did you steal from--the captain? Or one of his officers, maybe?"


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

"Nah, just broke into the quartermaster’s store last night and got caught. Not going to be too good I'm afraid. Harrigan doesn't take no kindly to theiving."


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

“Bloody Hour”: The crew gathers on deck at dusk to witness the keelhauling of Jakes Magpie, a pirate caught stealing from the quartermaster’s store the night before. After a brief interrogation at the hands of Mr. Plugg and Master Scourge, Jakes admitted his crime, and is now brought up from the bilges (area A11) to be slowly keelhauled before the evening meal. A DC 15 Perception check notices the relish with which Mr. Plugg, in particular, tugs at the rope as the unfortunate Magpie is dragged under the ship for 12 rounds. What appears on the other side has been cut to shreds and is soon thrown overboard to feed the sharks.


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Manny is deep in fish stew with the other cook and thinks he can fry up the fish guts into yummy crispy bits. Get some salt, pepper and crunchy crunchy!


"Rum!!!"

With that the day's rum rations are handed out. No one at this point has any coin in order to buy more.
As every one completed their first days work, everyone gets 100 XP.
The pirate engage in all sorts of entertainment and games after dinner.
Sandara comes over to join you, "This is me friend Rosie. If a fight breaks out, look for her to help you. I can manage to talkve w the quartermaster, Cut-Throat Grok into giving me 2 or three of your things. So let me know what you cannot live without as a group and I will see what I can do. I got my Tricorne (pointing up to it) and Rosie's violin."


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

Dot


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Rum! Manny guzzles his booze.


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

Hey girl, what up, how's it hanging, my friends call me Emmy.

I don't know what went wrong, the last thing I remember is casting that teleport scroll and landing on the deck of a ship.

I was at school and my headmaster was trying to portal me home and gave me a scroll to cast, guess I botched it, got off target and I landed on the deck of the ship last night while docked, they threw me in the hold, so now I'm in the same situation and my mother is likely worried sick, well here we are. Always wondered about pirates, guess I will find out.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Nighttime Ship Actions
Sleep: Go to bed early and sleep through the night
(automatically recover from fatigue)
Gamble: Play or gamble on a game of chance or pirate
entertainment (see page 67)
Entertain: Make one Perform check to entertain the crew
(see page 67)
Influence*: Attempt to influence a single NPC
Sneak*: Take time exploring one area of the ship. The PC
can take 20 on a single Perception check or other skill
check, but must make a check to avoid being discovered
(see below).
Steal*: Attempt to open a locked door or locker. The PC
must make a check to avoid being discovered


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Manny sneaks into the kitchen and checks out his new domain!

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 20/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 3/6)

Laroisael will also sneak about, this time hoping to talk to Sandara one on one.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
MannyGoblin wrote:

Manny sneaks into the kitchen and checks out his new domain!

[dice=Stealth]1d20+12

The galley is the domain of Ambrose

“Fishguts” Kroop, the drunken ship’s cook. The cramped
and chaotic kitchen holds two wooden worktables, several
wooden cupboards, and two small stoves against the port
wall, as well as virtually every cooking utensil imaginable
and a frightening array of meat cleavers. A score of
chickens and three goats wander freely throughout the
chamber; the goats are meant to be caged, but have a
distressing tendency to escape their bonds. The kitchen
is a madness of dirt, food, and knives, and finding
anything in here requires a Perception check. The stoves
are perpetually lit, and large cauldrons bubble away
atop them all times. A huge array of spices mingle with
barrels of rainwater, two tuns of rum, cupboards full of
ship’s biscuit and salted beef, barrels of sauerkraut, and a
small supply of fresh vegetables picked up in Port Peril.
Despite the chaos, the entire galley functions as a set of
masterwork tools for Profession (cook) checks.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Laroisael wrote:

Laroisael will also sneak about, this time hoping to talk to Sandara one on one.

[dice=Stealth]1d20 + 6

That should not be all that difficult. She is already considered "friendly". Of course a lot of that was she had a run in with Mr Plugg she had shortly after getting on the ship!


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Manny rummages around.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
MannyGoblin wrote:

Manny rummages around.

[Dice=perception]1d20+6

There is all sorts of stuff and each thing requires a perception check and multiple opportunities to look around here (Like next time he is working there?) but as Manny is a cook, the first thing he finds is Fishgut's cookbook (using the tome while cooking grants a +1 circumstance bonus on

Profession [cook] checks. You don't get a lot of time to look around as you hear Fishguts snoring drunk in his cot.


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 20/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 3/6)

Laroisael will still want to converse with Sandara to see if she knows any specific secrets or weaknesses of the captain or his crew, or to check out which of the NPCs can be considered loyal to the captain.


Laroisael wrote:
Laroisael will still want to converse with Sandara to see if she knows any specific secrets or weaknesses of the captain or his crew, or to check out which of the NPCs can be considered loyal to the captain.

"Eh love, you want to talk. Imma listening."


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 22 28/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: prot. from evil

Sweaty, dehydrated, and just plain tuckered out from a long day working in the bilges, Capricia calls it an early night and sleeps off her fatigue.

Nighttime Action: SLEEP. Recovered from fatigue the next morning.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
MannyGoblin wrote:

Manny rummages around.

[Dice=perception]1d20+6

And btw, Fishguts is Friendly so you might want to consider not making and enemy of him


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Fishguts! Get up! We need to get ready for tomorrow!

Manny will see if he can start making Alchemists Kindness to make sure Kroop stays sober.

Manny look at book but can't read because he is a goblin. Every goblin knows that books steal words from your head.


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

Nuts climbs down from the crow's nest when dinner is announced. He seems more red than usual, and drinks every cup of water offered to him during dinner. He retreats to his assigned area, and attempts to start a whispered conversation.

"What a terrible way to go... Keelhauling." he looks around awkwardly "My name is Aki. You can call me Nuts. I already know Capricia over here." he points to the human female (assuming she is in the room?). "I was selling coconuts in Port Peril... Prooobably drank a bit more than I should, and then woke up here."

The halfling shrugs. "Anyway - I was in the crows nest. I saw one lifeboat for... five people? Not sure how many of you look forward to being pulled along the ship hull or locked in a cage left to dry in the sun... but I sure don't."

Not sure what kind of beds we have here. Hay? Our bedrolls on a flat surface? A hammock? Night Activity: Sleep


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 20/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 3/6)
Sandara Quinn2 wrote:
Laroisael wrote:
Laroisael will still want to converse with Sandara to see if she knows any specific secrets or weaknesses of the captain or his crew, or to check out which of the NPCs can be considered loyal to the captain.

"Eh love, you want to talk. Imma listening."

”Wanting to make sure who’s trustworthy on this ship. I know the ones that got dragged with me are probably trustworthy but you’d probably know more about the rest than I would. Best to make sure who’s an ally and who isn’t.”


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Laroisael wrote:
Sandara Quinn2 wrote:
Laroisael wrote:
Laroisael will still want to converse with Sandara to see if she knows any specific secrets or weaknesses of the captain or his crew, or to check out which of the NPCs can be considered loyal to the captain.

"Eh love, you want to talk. Imma listening."

”Wanting to make sure who’s trustworthy on this ship. I know the ones that got dragged with me are probably trustworthy but you’d probably know more about the rest than I would. Best to make sure who’s an ally and who isn’t.”

Sandara will go through with you on the crew who is friendly and not and what people's motivations are. You will find the info on a spreadsheet under Helpful info.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Nutѕ wrote:

Nuts climbs down from the crow's nest when dinner is announced. He seems more red than usual, and drinks every cup of water offered to him during dinner. He retreats to his assigned area, and attempts to start a whispered conversation.

"What a terrible way to go... Keelhauling." he looks around awkwardly "My name is Aki. You can call me Nuts. I already know Capricia over here." he points to the human female (assuming she is in the room?). "I was selling coconuts in Port Peril... Prooobably drank a bit more than I should, and then woke up here."

The halfling shrugs. "Anyway - I was in the crows nest. I saw one lifeboat for... five people? Not sure how many of you look forward to being pulled along the ship hull or locked in a cage left to dry in the sun... but I sure don't."

Not sure what kind of beds we have here. Hay? Our bedrolls on a flat surface? A hammock? Night Activity: Sleep

There are hammocks on the lower deck. Makes it easier to deal with the rolling of the waves.lifeboat meant usually for four medium people but can hold six in a pinch.

51 to 100 of 1,739 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / dot All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.