Mr Clint's Duchy of Ashlar

Game Master Mr Clint

Loot Tracker

Interactive Battle Map

Deities & Demigods

Marching Order:

2x2
? - ?
Helgar -?
Nempura - ?

Single Row: ? - ? - Helgar - ? - Nempura - ?


1,151 to 1,200 of 1,306 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

Ivar:
When Ivar offers to saddle her horse, she grins.

"Sure! I think the horses like you most anyway. Mine simply tolerates me. I think he likes my music though," she chuckles.

"You are doing a pretty good job getting everything set up out here. Thanks. I shouldn't be long. I'm going to go check on the availability of this property. I wouldn't mind having a retirement in line if the world doesn't end..." She smirks. Obviously, she is speaking concerning the boy and his visions, which she has told him about as well as performed about.

She will patiently wait until the animal is secured and ready for her. In the meantime, she will pull out some of her fruit and give it to the large beast.

----------------

Surveyors:
Okay, so she will exchange it in to platinum so she isn't carrying around a chest of gold everywhere. She will keep the chest though if possible. No sense in parting with it; especially since Hanath gave it to her.

As she enters into the surveyor's office, she considers that he room is under effect of an illusion, since no bell or effect that could offer such a chime would be present.

"Greeting, Sandak. I'm Nempura."

After greetings are underway, she explains why she is there. With her findings, she is pleased. It being so far removed from the city limits, she doubts she will have to pay for it. She would want to know why they even have record of it? Was it because they were in trade at one time?

"I intend to liberate it from the clutches of the wilds. If successful, I wish to have record of a claim on it. Can we do that here and now? And given the outlying nature of the property, and its likely destroyed nature, does the claim require the payment of taxes to this township?"

She intends to find out if these taxes exist, and if so, if she can manage them.

"If I can establish an estate there, one of high standing that delivers trade and gives supplies to the town in years to come, being the man of connection that you must be, have you noticed deals in place to bypass payments of some types (such as discounts on taxes or on trade) or benefits such as city money given for the purposes of restoration to promote such things?"

----------------

Back at the Dancing Bear, she nods in greeting to Albin and Findal. One can only hope their words are true, let alone any of her other companions. She hears his commentary on the need for machetes and she nods.

"I can go pick one up really quick and return. If no one else will do it, I'll hack our way through with you, or we can all take turns. I kind of want to see Arren swinging a machete." Nempura winks at the girl, showing she's joking.

When they head out and she returns to the group with the procured item, she will do her best to aid Albin. (10gp spent)

1d20 ⇒ 3
1d6 ⇒ 4
Survival: 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 + 1 = 10


Arren Velmas, CG Human Sanguine Sorcerer [Tatooed Sorcerer] |HP:14/14|BaB:1|Fort:1 Ref:2 Will:3(-2 vs evil spell)|AC:12(16) T:12 FF:10(14)|Init:+8|
Resources Used:
two 1st

"Don't worry about it Ivar, I just hope I didn't disturb your sleep too much! But yes, I did sleep well, thank you for asking. And yourself?"


Status:
HP: 12/20; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 14; CMD: 16; Fort: 4, Ref: 4, Will: 0; Init +4; Perception +0
Fighter(Lore Warden/Learned Duelist)/2

Ewan taps Nempura on the shoulder as she intends to go shopping.
"Al-low me to ac-com-pany you. W-we got 20 g-gold p-pieces to pr-procure any tr-travel ex-penses."

Ewan will pay for any other machete the group will buy with the 20gp he got from Saini Alanen. Plus he will buy 100 ft of hemp rope and 16 trail rations with the rest of the money.

Do we need more tents or other camping gear?

Ewan lends Albin, or any other person heading the way the compass he has used on all his sea travels. Therefore helping them to find the way. +2 bonus to Survival to avoid becoming lost

Survival Aid: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Random D20: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Random D6: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Forgemaster Cleric (2) Wounds (0) HP (19) AC (18/11/17, +2 vs Undead) Saves (5/1/6, +2 Hardy, +2 vs Undead Spells/SLAs) CMD (13, +4 Stability) Initiative (+1) RF (0/4) AT (6/6)

1d20 ⇒ 3
1d6 ⇒ 3
Guidance on survival roll, giving it +1

Helgar likewise bought a machete, rationalizing that something with an edge was always useful to have around. With the others actively helping, she did what she could: she prayed. Which luckily was somewhat effective.


Male Human Invulnerable Rager 5 | HP 39/60 Rage 70| AC 20/T13/FF18 | F+7/R+4/W+4 | CMB +9/CMD 21 | init + 4 | Perc + 9| Rage13/17 HP+10/AC -2/Will + 2, DR @ 2

1d20 ⇒ 10
1d6 ⇒ 2

Arren
Shaking his head 'no' in response to Arren, Ivar explains. "No I slept vell, no nightmares, der ale helps vit dat. T'hough I still vake up startled sometime ven I hear a noise."

Nempura
Returning Nempura's grin, or at least as much of a rin as he can give with half his face dead Ivar shrugs, "I do not t'ink de like me, I just t'ink de realize I am not afraid of dem." As she heads towards the surveyors, he calls, "Ve vill be ready ven you return."

His eyes followed her for a moment, realizing she would actually want to keep a fortress in the middle of nowhere. Mentally shrugging as he gathered her horse and started preparing it for the trip. If she wanted to acquire the fort, he would help her, though he had no desire for a lifestyle tied down to one place.

everyone
Once the group is together, Ivar chuckles at everyone's need to purchase a 'Machete.' He usually used his axe to chop small branches and in a pinch could use his sword to clear brush. But if the others felt better using a short curved blade, who was he to criticize. Besides, if he was driving the wagon he could not clear shrubs, could he. When Helgar, Nempura and Ewan returned with their new toys, Ivar asked, "Are ve ready to go?" as he climbed into the wagon.


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

Few people can recognize her genius. She is an ambitious woman. She sees this property for what it could be, not what it is. A fortified manor is the start of a city. The start of a city is a connected trade route. A connected trade route is worth mountains of gold. If the world was going to end, she'd rather go out in style. She certainly wasn't sure what she could do to help stop events from unfolding like in her dreams.

Ewan comes out to mention his wish to leave with her and she offers him a hand up onto her horse, or he can ride one of the others. She will wait for him. The bard then will head out.

I don't think we need anything else. Maybe? Some acid flasks might be a good idea.

Ewan:
As they ride, she explains her intention for the property to Ewan and why she doesn't want her plans disrupted. She also expresses her hope that there is sufficient wealth within the home to pay their way, expenses that they've already accrued, and still make a good profit with regarding these maps and the contents inside the home itself.

"I didn't mean to get frustrated before," she apologizes, "I just have been robbed a few times and I'm far more suspicious because of it now. I hope I didn't offend you."

He will see her exchange some money given to her by Hanath from gold to platinum, and then will let Ewan take charge of the purchasing at the general store.

When they are all together, she will not hesitate to get the party moving and would nod to Ivar that they should set off right away.


Status:
HP: 12/20; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 14; CMD: 16; Fort: 4, Ref: 4, Will: 0; Init +4; Perception +0
Fighter(Lore Warden/Learned Duelist)/2

Ewan takes up Nempura's offer to ride together on her horse, after helping him up, Ewan holds himself on by balancing himself on the horse's flanks.

Nempura:
"No of-fense ta-taken. I kn-know fr-frus-tra-tion all too w-well." Ewan looks around to see when they are out of earshot of the others. "For me it is be-being mis-under-stood th-that fr-frus-trates me. Th-there-fore I t-tend not to j-judge others too h-har-harshly. Look at our m-motley crew. Every-one is from a dif-fe-rent w-walk of life, dif-fe-rent v-views and h-his-tories. I w-will not let th-that count a-gainst any-one."


Human uRogue 1/Wizard 1 | HP 14/18 | |AC 17/T17/FF14 | F+2/R+4/W+3 | CMB -1/CMD 11 | init + 3 | Perc + 11 |

Merion considers acquiring a machete, but, upon hefting a couple, decides that a weapon that relies on the strength of one's arm rather than one's skill will not serve him well. I'll follow along behind someone, he shrugs. I'm not much of a woodsman.

But as they get going, he asks Robin to, once they get to the woods, scout ahead by a few hundred feet in the trees. All you have to do is look for what I'd find scary, and stay out of reach of what you find scary.


Male Human Invulnerable Rager 5 | HP 39/60 Rage 70| AC 20/T13/FF18 | F+7/R+4/W+4 | CMB +9/CMD 21 | init + 4 | Perc + 9| Rage13/17 HP+10/AC -2/Will + 2, DR @ 2

Seeing Nempura nod, Ivar releases the hand brake on the wagon. Clicking his tongue at the paired geldings. He called to them, tapping the reins on their rumps, "Get up boys we're headed to the woods." Following Nempura out of the Inn's barn yard and towards the city gates.


Surveyor’s Office & Banker:

With Nempura’s intentions of claiming & liberating the ruins from the wild it peaks Sandak’s attention; “Well, that sounds like a promising venture. I do know it has been attempted before without success. I suppose I should say that the ‘liberating party’ never returned to claim success. I do wish you the best of luck. I do have notes here stating intentions between Valentin Ironwolf and the, at the time, head of the Lumber Guild. Could prove to be a worthwhile partnership once successful. Wouldn’t you agree?” The tone of what he is saying is less of a suggestion and more of a this is what you should (will) do.

“But, on my end I won’t get too bogged down on paperwork quite yet. I do hope to see you again, unlike the others…” Unless there is other business at the Surveyor’s Office, Sandak goes back to his desk behind the counter and again wishes you “Good luck!”

The motley crew As Ewan put it sets off with Albin and Findal. As you ride you Albin leads you west on the main road, but after a few hours cuts south into the grasslands heading towards the forest. The ground is soft due to the previous days rain but does not prove to complicate the journey.

Upon reaching the tree line you can see single person trails that hunters must use when going into the forest. Albin hops down from his horse and hands his reins to Findal; “Hold onto that if you can. Pepper is a gentle girl and won’t struggle against you.” turning to the group; “This is where things are going to get slower if we want to get the wagon in with us. The trail used by the Ironwolfs has become overgrown and fallen under disrepair. The smarter creatures have scavenged sections for their own purposes, and we will have to figure those out as we go.”

Pulling free his blade, “who is coming with me?” And he leads the way hacking free any plants that stand in the way.

Damage Taken: Arren -0 HP, Ewan -0 HP, Helgar -0 HP, Ivar -0 HP, Merion -0 HP, Nempura -0 HP

DM Screen:

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

Surveyor:
"Sure," she answers. "The property is in the middle of a vast forest...it would be stupid not to..." her voice is one of sarcasm with a slight smile. The thought had of course crossed her mind many times. When he wishes them good luck, it is as good as goodbye. She nods and heads out with a look that says that he'll see her again.

At Albin's queue, she pulls out her machete and gets to hacking. Most of their party has weaponry that can clear brush. In this case, it won't take long at all before they are clearing way for the wagon. Time, however, is their enemy. If the forest is so thick and dense along this overgrown path that they are going to be spending too long doing this, she will say they leave the wagon. If together as a team, beat the crap out of this 'road' in no time, she will want to get the wagon right up next to the property.


Human uRogue 1/Wizard 1 | HP 14/18 | |AC 17/T17/FF14 | F+2/R+4/W+3 | CMB -1/CMD 11 | init + 3 | Perc + 11 |

We've reached the trees, so Merion releases Robin to fly ahead into the woods. He follows behind the leading group, happy to let them handle the thick undergrowth. To anyone else who is hanging back, he remarks Very different than the city. I didn't expect everything to be so close and tangled.


Male Human Invulnerable Rager 5 | HP 39/60 Rage 70| AC 20/T13/FF18 | F+7/R+4/W+4 | CMB +9/CMD 21 | init + 4 | Perc + 9| Rage13/17 HP+10/AC -2/Will + 2, DR @ 2
Mr Clint wrote:
Upon reaching the tree line you can see single person trails that hunters must use when going into the forest.

I assume if the trail is wide enough for a person it's wide enough for a horse, but is the 'height' clear enough to ride, or do we need to lead them afoot? If we are entering a forest, will it be possible to actually clear the trail enough with machete's so that the wagons will not get held up by low tree branches? Did Findal bring his wagon?

Watching the old adventurer jump down and start chopping shrubs, Ivar looked up at the tree branches overhead. It reminded him of trying to sail a ship under a bridge. You always had to consider the mast height.

Chuckling at Merion's comment, he calls down from the wagons bench seat. "Your are right Merion, der deep voods are very different from der townhouse."


Status:
HP: 12/20; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 14; CMD: 16; Fort: 4, Ref: 4, Will: 0; Init +4; Perception +0
Fighter(Lore Warden/Learned Duelist)/2

If my Survival Aid score is for our travels inside the woods, then add the +1 from my machete. Ewan would help clear away any overhanging foliage.

Ewan sticks up his hand as Albin calls out to anyone who wishes to aid him clearing the way and leading the front.

"I haven't seen d-dense f-forests this cl-close, but if you ever s-sailed during a st-storm, t-tangled ropes, s-sails that c-came loose, it looks al-most the s-same."

Ewan looks back at the others, realizing his comparison might be lost on his fellow travellers.
"F-for-give me, I've sp-spent my life in b-books, li-bra-ries and on sh-ships. I tend to com-pare to w-what I k-know."


Forgemaster Cleric (2) Wounds (0) HP (19) AC (18/11/17, +2 vs Undead) Saves (5/1/6, +2 Hardy, +2 vs Undead Spells/SLAs) CMD (13, +4 Stability) Initiative (+1) RF (0/4) AT (6/6)

”Heard that deep woods are never empty.” Helgar mused. ”Elves, fey, trolls…then again, most people telling the tales were drunk. So far all I see is trees and more trees.” She said as she stumbled on a root. ”How could anyone live in such a place? Can barely take a step without hitting something.”


Dulwich Map

The height isn’t overly an issue at first. The deeper you get into the more overgrown things get, but clearing things on the ground will do most of everything that you will need to do. Findal and Albin are on their horses, no wagons. The only wagon you have is the party’s wagon.

Albin and Nempura (right?) take the lead and begin hacking and slashing the lower brush. “Things have grown significantly since I was last here, but that has been years.” Albin says

As you continue on the trail you are taking does become more difficult. Whatever road that was overgrown has fully disappeared. Wheels and hooves sink in as you go. “I’ll keep an eye out, but watch where those horses go, we don’t want the wheels to get stuck… or break.”

Merion & Findal:

Off the path you hear the sound of something rustling in the brush. It is hard to tell exactly what it might be and how far off it is, but it appears to be something large.

Damage Taken: Arren -0 HP, Ewan -0 HP, Helgar -0 HP, Ivar -0 HP, Merion -0 HP, Nempura -0 HP

DM Screen:

Ewan Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Ivar Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Merion Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Nempura Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Helgar Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Arren Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Albin Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Findal Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

As she, Ewan, and the others all are taking their machetes (and axe for Ivar), she speaks up concerning the others talking about dangers in the forest.

"Well, let's just keep our eyes open as we go, and we can just throw the vines and saplings on the road to cushion the cart's wheel on this rough road."

Perception (General along the way): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Human uRogue 1/Wizard 1 | HP 14/18 | |AC 17/T17/FF14 | F+2/R+4/W+3 | CMB -1/CMD 11 | init + 3 | Perc + 11 |

Merion quietly says to the party member in front of him, Something's coming. Pass the word to Nempura and Ivar to be wary?

He reaches out through his empathic bond to Robin. What is making that noise over there?


Interactive Map

Dulwich Map

I did perceptions for everyone on my spoiler, feel free to roll a perception but for the most part I use passive unless you’re looking specifically

Albin nods; “If one or two of you can follow us while we cut through you could lay the branches down.” looking to Nempura; “Good thinking! Wish you were part of my crew when I was an adventurer.”

Merion:

Robin flies off into the tops of the trees in the direction of the noise. You aren’t sensing any emotions for a little bit. Then you sense danger through the bond, but not that Robin is any immediate danger at this moment. You aren’t sure if it is because Robin is going unnoticed and out of view, or if whatever is making the noise thinks that Rboin is just any ordinary bird.

Damage Taken: Arren -0 HP, Ewan -0 HP, Helgar -0 HP, Ivar -0 HP, Merion -0 HP, Nempura -0 HP


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

"Thanks Albin," she replies. When word comes of possible danger, she directs Albin back into the center of the group to protect him and lets the others take charge with their weaponry to clear the way.

Nempura sheathes the blade and takes her bow out. She sets up on the cart to provide an overwatch over the situation.


Male Human Invulnerable Rager 5 | HP 39/60 Rage 70| AC 20/T13/FF18 | F+7/R+4/W+4 | CMB +9/CMD 21 | init + 4 | Perc + 9| Rage13/17 HP+10/AC -2/Will + 2, DR @ 2

Chuckling to himself as Abin voices the 'significant' grow since he'd been there, Ivar resisted the urge to taunt the old man. Especially since his companions were helping the old man chop the shrubs. Ivar had to give the old man credit, he was clearing the shrubs for the wagon they had decided to bring. Clinking his tongue at the geldings, he watched as the others chopped. Discarding the idea of wearing himself out killing trees. he'd wait until they either found their way to the fort, or decided to abandon the wagon, someone needed to be 'fresh' enough to defend the group.

As Nempura climbs onto the wagon, Ivar asks as he moves the polearm closer, "Did Merion give you any particulars?"


Human uRogue 1/Wizard 1 | HP 14/18 | |AC 17/T17/FF14 | F+2/R+4/W+3 | CMB -1/CMD 11 | init + 3 | Perc + 11 |

It's big, Merion adds. Dangerous, but not immediate.

To Robin, Is it coming toward us? If so, come back.

He shuffles in his pack and retrieves a short wand of silvery wood and a hand crossbow, which he loads and then holds in his right hand, the wand in his left.


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

"No," she simply answers, then explains, "Just that it's 'coming', whatever it is."

She holds up a hand as Merion speaks again, and nods to Ivar. She speaks out to the group in a voice only loud enough for them to hear:

"Let's hold off for a moment and see if it goes away. If so, we can continue..."


Merion:

You sense that Robin is heading back this way to the group.

“What is it?” Albin whispers to Nempura as he wipes the sweat off his brow.

Now that it has been brought to the group’s attention, you all can hear it. The sound of something rustling through the underbrush. Sticks breaking, branches been pulled then snapped back. It sounds as if this creature is getting closer, and you can officially feel the weight of its steps even though it is a little way off.

With a burst through the leaves, you might give a jump as Robin, Merion's thrush, darts through the brush circling back around to Merion.

The horses begin to get restless and start to pull against the reigns or the harness attaching it to the wagon.
Give me a Ride or a Handle Animal check, whichever is better.

On top of his horse, Findal tries to calm her; “Easy girl, easy…”
Ride: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

What Do You Do?

Damage Taken: Arren -0 HP, Ewan -0 HP, Helgar -0 HP, Ivar -0 HP, Merion -0 HP, Nempura -0 HP


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

When Albin whispers to her, she shrugs and replies, "Could be a troll. It probably isn't a buck or bull. They'd get tangled in these branches. The horses are restless. They don't like unknown sounds."

She tries to calm her horse from the edge of the wagon giving her soothing sounds and a pet on the head.

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Human Invulnerable Rager 5 | HP 39/60 Rage 70| AC 20/T13/FF18 | F+7/R+4/W+4 | CMB +9/CMD 21 | init + 4 | Perc + 9| Rage13/17 HP+10/AC -2/Will + 2, DR @ 2

Handle animal: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

'Big and headed this way. I don't like the sound of that. Resting the pole arm near his seat, Ivar grasps the reins in both hands, pulling them slightly, more to reassure the matched geldings than to stop them. At the same time speaking softly, "Whoa boys, it vill be alright." Hoping he wasn't lying to the gentle beasts. Ivar warns, as he reaches out to the side of the wagon and pulls the brake lever, setting the wooden blocks tightly against the wheel. "If ve get into a fight, I fear der beasts may run off vhen I tie der reins to der wagon's hitch und get out to fight."


Human uRogue 1/Wizard 1 | HP 14/18 | |AC 17/T17/FF14 | F+2/R+4/W+3 | CMB -1/CMD 11 | init + 3 | Perc + 11 |

ride: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Merion barely has time to register Robin's arrival, and no time to alert the others, before the noise of whatever's coming does that for him. He manages to keep his seat on his horse, however, and his hands on his wand and crossbow.

Can't fight like this, and don't think we're going to have much luck running. He takes the moment to dismount, and looks at what Ivar's doing, then at the rear of the wagon, looping his reins around whatever part of the wagon seems handy.

To Arren, he says softly Whatever's coming sounds big and strong. You said your powers include draining strength from creatures? That might come in handy.


Status:
HP: 12/20; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 14; CMD: 16; Fort: 4, Ref: 4, Will: 0; Init +4; Perception +0
Fighter(Lore Warden/Learned Duelist)/2

Ewan's eyes go wide as he hears talk about trolls. Wolves and bears are one thing, but a troll? I can't deflect any of his attacks or disarm him.

Ewan looks to the ground as he notices the moist terrain beneath him and concludes that dodging might be somewhat difficult to do. Nevertheless he sheathes the machete and draws his rapier.

"Let us h-hope it is not a t-troll. M-men and a-animals I can h-handle."


Forgemaster Cleric (2) Wounds (0) HP (19) AC (18/11/17, +2 vs Undead) Saves (5/1/6, +2 Hardy, +2 vs Undead Spells/SLAs) CMD (13, +4 Stability) Initiative (+1) RF (0/4) AT (6/6)

"A troll...?" Helgar glanced at Ewan. "That would be cause to flee if there ever was one. Can't imagine that we'd all walk away from that."


Interactive Map

Dulwich Map

Findal has difficulties with his horse, as does Nempura. Ivar & Merion are able to make sure their horses and the wagon isn’t spooked and run off.

The party begins moving to prepare for whatever is out there. Albin moves to the middle of the group, Nempura climbs atop the wagon and draws out her bow. Ivar sets a ‘break’ for the wagon so it won’t be pulled away if the horses are spooked and try to run. Ewan draws his rapier, and Helgar questions the groups current move to prepare for potential battle.

The sound and vibration of the creature begins to grow in volume and speed. Bursting forward through the brush besides the wagon is an 8-foot bear. The brush is too close and the party just sees it before the beast bull rushes the wagon and strikes it between both wheels. This charge is explosive CMB 25 and causes the cart to shift sideways, but still standing. Nempura & Ivar (anyone else on the wagon) I need a DC 15 Reflex save or fall prone in the wagon, fail by 5+ and you fall from the wagon to the ground

As the creature settles back from the wagon you all realize that this is not a bear. You notice jfeathers blended throughout the creature’s coat of fur. It turns its face towards the group and from the beak in the middle of its oversized owl-like face a roar erupts that reverberates within your chest.

K-Arcana DC 14:

This creature is an Owlbear. The owl bear is easy to hit, but it also packs quite the punch with a bite that can shred its pray. These creatures try to grab its pray and run off with it back to their den.

Initiative: Round 1
Arren
Creature
Nempura
Merion
Helgar
Ewan
Ivar
Findal
Albin

Arren you’re up, what do you do?

Damage Taken: Arren -0 HP, Ewan -0 HP, Helgar -0 HP, Ivar -0 HP, Merion -0 HP, Nempura -0 HP

DM Screen:

Owlbear CMB: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Owlbear Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Helgar Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Ewan Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Merion Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Ivar Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Nempura Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Arren Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Findal Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Albin Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Status:
HP: 12/20; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 14; CMD: 16; Fort: 4, Ref: 4, Will: 0; Init +4; Perception +0
Fighter(Lore Warden/Learned Duelist)/2

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

"An owlbear! Watch its bite and claws they are quite dangerous! Don't let it single you out!"

Ewan gulps as he thinks how best to combat such a beast, if there is any combating it at all.


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

As the bear hits, she balances like a professional. The in the strike she immediately recognizes as unnatural. Such a ferocious monster could only be something possessed or driven by its creation. She sees the feathers and immediately nods with Ewan.

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

"Right you are!"

While Ewan may reveal some of its weaknesses, if it has others, she will explain its other weaknesses as she pulls back her bow.


Male Human Invulnerable Rager 5 | HP 39/60 Rage 70| AC 20/T13/FF18 | F+7/R+4/W+4 | CMB +9/CMD 21 | init + 4 | Perc + 9| Rage13/17 HP+10/AC -2/Will + 2, DR @ 2

reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Interactive Map

From atop her horse, Arren points a finger down at the beast and a ray burst forth from her finger. The necrotic energy strikes the creature, but it doesn’t seem fully effective. It seems to stir the beast into a frenzy.

Moving forward 5-ft, it attacks out at Merion and Albin with its claws. Only hitting Albin but grapples the man tight to itself with his claws. -6 HP It also bites out at Arren who shot him with a ray that was mean to enfeeble it, but the bite misses.

Initiative: Round 1
Arren
Creature
Nempura
Merion
Helgar
Ewan
Ivar
Findal
Albin

Nempura, Merion, Helgar, Ewan, Ivar, Findal, Albin you’re up, what do you do?
Ivar you did fall prone on the ground.

Damage Taken: Arren -0 HP, Ewan -0 HP, Helgar -0 HP, Ivar -0 HP, Merion -0 HP, Nempura -0 HP

DM Screen:

Arren Ray: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Str DMG: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Fort: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Claw on Merion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
DMG: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Claw on Albin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
DMG: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Bite on Arren: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
DMG: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Grapple: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17


Forgemaster Cleric (2) Wounds (0) HP (19) AC (18/11/17, +2 vs Undead) Saves (5/1/6, +2 Hardy, +2 vs Undead Spells/SLAs) CMD (13, +4 Stability) Initiative (+1) RF (0/4) AT (6/6)

Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Silver Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

”Bad beastie, bad!” Helgar yelled as she brought her hammer down on it’s leg.


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

Nempura begins to sing a song of inspiration, not only to help calm the horses (+1 on fear), but empowers her companions in battle (+1 attack and damage).

"Watch out! It's ferocious! Albin, stay clear! Let us handle this!"


Male Human Invulnerable Rager 5 | HP 39/60 Rage 70| AC 20/T13/FF18 | F+7/R+4/W+4 | CMB +9/CMD 21 | init + 4 | Perc + 9| Rage13/17 HP+10/AC -2/Will + 2, DR @ 2

does Ivar take any damage for falling out of the wagon?

Having leaned out to his left to set the brake, Ivar did not see the wild creature charging through the woods. Unable to catch himself, the northerner is jarred loose from his seat and tossed to the ground. Stunned he rolls to square himself to stand and see's the creatures lower half through the wheels of the wagon. "Blast!" Cursing he jumps to his feet, reaching into the wagon grabbing his bardiche.

move action: stand up, 5 ft step, move action: picks up Bardiche.


Status:
HP: 12/20; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 14; CMD: 16; Fort: 4, Ref: 4, Will: 0; Init +4; Perception +0
Fighter(Lore Warden/Learned Duelist)/2

Is the terrain difficult to move through, if yes Ewan, would need to double move to attack the beast. If not, Ewan will move close enough to the beast to try and sting it with his rapier.

Ewan makes his way over to the owlbear, shaking his head as he gets closer.
No need to be a hero, keep your distance. Why are you acting like a hero...?

If not any difficult terrain
Ewan tries to prick the owlbear with his rapier, still trying to keep as much distance to it and avoiding its sharp claws and beak.

Attack, Rapier, Fighting Defensively: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 4 = 241d6 ⇒ 4

AC would be 22 then.

Edit: Confirm Crit?: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 4 = 151d6 ⇒ 1


Human uRogue 1/Wizard 1 | HP 14/18 | |AC 17/T17/FF14 | F+2/R+4/W+3 | CMB -1/CMD 11 | init + 3 | Perc + 11 |

Merion decides he can spare the wand's charge, especially as he has the creature up in his face. Stepping 5 feet back behind the wagon and looking for a clear shot, he aims at the creature with his hand crossbow and tries to avoid hitting Albin.

attack into melee: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

damage if applicable: 1d4 ⇒ 1


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

Ewan, did you add your +1 from Nempura?


Status:
HP: 12/20; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 14; CMD: 16; Fort: 4, Ref: 4, Will: 0; Init +4; Perception +0
Fighter(Lore Warden/Learned Duelist)/2

No I did not, so then it's a 16 to confirm and 5 damage on the original attack, +2 if the crit hits.


Interactive Map

Nempura begins singing to help bulster the party’s courage. I am putting this up front because technically she would act before everyone else. I did adjust Helgar's attack accordingly.

Helgar moves up and attacks with her hammer. The Forgemaster is with her as Helgar lands a serious blow. The creature looks as if it didn’t have a meal in its hands, its attention would turn on Helgar herself.

Ivar collects himself from falling off of the wagon after it was charged by the beast. No falling damage

Ewan moves up and lands a Critical blow with his rapier. Merion’s crossbow bolt flies wide.

“Poor bastardization of a creature” Findal says as a Telekinetic Fist launches from his mind and strikes the creature causing it to wince.

Possibly to some of your surprise, Albin seems very agile and apt when he is able to free himself from the Owlbear’s grapple. He moves 5-foot away from the beast as he draws his sword.

DM Screen:

Fendal Telekinetic Fist: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
DMG: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Albin CMB: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Arren you’re up, what do you do?

Damage Taken: Arren -0 HP, Ewan -0 HP, Helgar -0 HP, Ivar -0 HP, Merion -0 HP, Nempura -0 HP


Arren Velmas, CG Human Sanguine Sorcerer [Tatooed Sorcerer] |HP:14/14|BaB:1|Fort:1 Ref:2 Will:3(-2 vs evil spell)|AC:12(16) T:12 FF:10(14)|Init:+8|
Resources Used:
two 1st

5ft canter away, ray of enfeeble MK II

To hit touch AC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Str penalty, DC 15 fort for half: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Man, my ray of enfeeble kinda sucks huh?


Interactive Map

The necrotic energy shooting from Arren causes the muscles to shrivel just a bit. After being attacked all around. The owlbear attacks multiple targets.

With one claw it rakes out at Helgar and pulling her free from her saddle as it grapples her towards it. -5 HP With its other claw it rakes Ewan across his midsection causing blood to bleed through his shirt and armor. -8 HP With its height, it bites out at Arren trying to remove the arm that the spell sprang forward from. -6HP

Helgar's horse, no longer under her control begins to dart away from the beast that pulled its rider from its saddle. Findal seems to have his horse under control for now. The horses attached to the wagon are fighting against the harness, but the block that Ivar set as a break is holding... for now.

If you are on a horse, or want to control your horse it is a DC20 ride check to do so, this is a move action. If you fail the check, you spend the round fighting against the horse, but it does not flee.

Initiative: Round 2
Arren
Creature
Nempura
Merion
Helgar
Ewan
Ivar
Findal
Albin

Nempura/Merion/Helgar/Ewan/Ivar/Findal/Albin you’re up, what do you do?

Damage Taken: Arren -6 HP, Ewan -8 HP, Helgar -5 HP, Ivar -0 HP, Merion -0 HP, Nempura -0 HP

DM Screen:

Fort: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Claw on Helgar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
DMG: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Grapple: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Claw on Ewan: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
DMG: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Grapple: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Bite on Arren: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
DMG: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Findal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Status:
HP: 12/20; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 14; CMD: 16; Fort: 4, Ref: 4, Will: 0; Init +4; Perception +0
Fighter(Lore Warden/Learned Duelist)/2

Even though Ewan expected the swing of the claw coming towards him, he attempted to deflect it at first, but found very quickly that that was an error as the blow was far harder than any blade Ewan had faced before, even a waraxe. Before he could sidestep the claw, it raked across his chest piercing the light armour he was wearing and tore at his flesh.

"Gahh!"

Holding one hand to his chest, to stelp the bleeding if only a little, Ewan continues the fight with his right hand. Aiming for the shoulder of the beast, Ewan thrusts his rapier as high as he can into the arm before stepping back quickly to avoid more pain.

Attack, Inspire Courage, Fighting Defensively: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 - 4 = 201d6 ⇒ 4

AC back to 22


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

Nempura shifts her feet and as she stands, bases her stance on the cart's brake to help encourage the horses to calm. It's not like there is anywhere they can run in this tangled forest they are having to cut through. With swift casting, she empowers her bow with her powers.

Not just the party, as stated in her post, is her song calming the horses at all? They are getting a bonus to morale vs fear. Wouldn't that lower their Ride DC for freaking out?

Casting Gravity Bow

-------

Next Round, as I'm on vacation and not sure if I can post yet.
Her voice rises to empower her allies in this vicious battle. From where she stands on the cart, she now pulls her bow, takes aim, and fires.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 5) + 2 = 8


Forgemaster Cleric (2) Wounds (0) HP (19) AC (18/11/17, +2 vs Undead) Saves (5/1/6, +2 Hardy, +2 vs Undead Spells/SLAs) CMD (13, +4 Stability) Initiative (+1) RF (0/4) AT (6/6)

Hit: 1d20 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 3 = 11
Silver Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 3 = 7

Helgar raised her hammer to attack again, but seeing the angered owlbear looking at her made her pause. For a long moment she stood there, hammer in the air, fear written on her face as the massive creature loomed over her.


Human uRogue 1/Wizard 1 | HP 14/18 | |AC 17/T17/FF14 | F+2/R+4/W+3 | CMB -1/CMD 11 | init + 3 | Perc + 11 |

Drat this thing! Merion takes his action to toss the hand crossbow behind him into the cart and draw his rapier. Under his breath, he mutters Got to take more lessons from Ewan on how to draw more rapidly.

Next level I'll have the BAB to draw a weapon as part of a move action.


Male Human Invulnerable Rager 5 | HP 39/60 Rage 70| AC 20/T13/FF18 | F+7/R+4/W+4 | CMB +9/CMD 21 | init + 4 | Perc + 9| Rage13/17 HP+10/AC -2/Will + 2, DR @ 2

Having fetched his bardiche from the wagon, Ivar nods approvingly as Nempura stands in the wagon, and begins to fire at the crature. Hearing the combat more than seeing in Ivar moves around the end of the wagon. He had fought hunted the great beasts of the sea, he hoped this creature died as easily. Lifting the bardiche, he began to rage, giving a roar as he chopped at the beast. "Aarrrgggghhhhh"

Rage: 1/11 AC 16, HP 27: 30 ft move, Attack MW Bardiche, Power attack, Empowered
attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 15 for damage: 1d10 + 6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 6 + 1 = 19
if Helgar counts as a flank please add two more points to the attack


Interactive Map

Ewan, rapier already red with blood, strikes out once again and pierces through the tough fur and feathers. The strike causes the beast to wince and growl towards Ewan.

Nempura cast Gravity Bow and readies herself to unleash arrows upon the owlbear. It would impact the DC, that is my bad. Ride DC would be 1 lower

Helgar, fully grappled, misses her swing with the hammer. Hunger is in the creatures eyes as it looks back towards Helgar in its claw.

Merion readies his rapier to join the fray, but Ivar quickly moves past the rogue and slices down with his Bardiche dealing a substantial amount of damage to the creature. Since Helgar is grappled she wouldn’t count towards flanking, but the owlbear is considered grappled so there are AC penalties on that.

Seeing the beast is surrounded, Albin moves forward to attack with his machete, and at the same time Findal unleashes a blast from his mind using a Telekinetic Fist. With all of the attacks the owlbear received this round, the creature falls unconscious releasing Helgar at the same time. You can still see the beast’s side rise and fall as it is struggling to breath.

Out of rounds. What do you do?

Damage Taken: Arren -6 HP, Ewan -8 HP, Helgar -5 HP, Ivar -0 HP, Merion -0 HP, Nempura -0 HP

DM Screen:

Fendal Telekinetic Fist: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
DMG: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Albin attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

OB Stabilize: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
OB Stabilize: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
OB Stabilize: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

1,151 to 1,200 of 1,306 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mr Clint's Languard Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.