Mr Clint's Duchy of Ashlar

Game Master Mr Clint

Loot Tracker

Interactive Battle Map

Deities & Demigods

Marching Order:

2x2
? - ?
Helgar -?
Nempura - ?

Single Row: ? - ? - Helgar - ? - Nempura - ?


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,306 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Those who head inside The Merry Traveler:

As you walk into this tavern, you see a collection of travelers from across the Ashlar. There people who look is if they are recovering from a previous evening of drinking, and then there travelers who are having a meal on this mid-day.

Behind the counter you see a large man who is chatting it up with a group of men. The heavy-set man continually fills his, and the other’s, mugs with ale. The longer you stay within, the louder they get. Also behind the counter you see woman who does not hide the anger and frustration she has with the man behind the counter.

It is with this group that you see Hank begin talking to.

As you approach, she is wiping up a spill on the counter. Not looking at you; “What will it be?” And almost habitually she begins filling a mug with ale.

Those outside with the caravan
As the caravan stops, Hank did a good job leading it around the Y to stay out of the way. Some might think that by lunch is too early to have so much turmoil in the air, but here at Longbridge that is not the case.

Those Outside Perception Check DC 15:

As you are standing out here, you begin to notice that a good amount of the people walking around have a cloth belt that is the same and color pattern as that of the flag atop the North Tower. They are separate from the guards that patrol, but they have an air of entitlement about them.

What Do You Do?

Damage Taken: Arren -0 HP, Ewan -2 HP, Helgar -0 HP, Ivar -0 HP, Merion -0 HP, Nempura -0 HP


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Nempura begins to head out after an agreeing nod to Ivar. She takes the bundle of weapons and straps it to her back. In a rare opportunity, and perhaps only because she's looking out for a local shop, Nempura manages to spot the group of "entitled" people with a cloth belt. She doesn't inquire of them, but will inquire of a local common person nearby out of hearing range.

"Pardon me, I'm not local and I was wondering...who are those people over there with the cloth belts?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Male Human Invulnerable Rager 5 | HP 39/60 Rage 70| AC 20/T13/FF18 | F+7/R+4/W+4 | CMB +9/CMD 21 | init + 4 | Perc + 9| Rage13/17 HP+10/AC -2/Will + 2, DR @ 2

Ivar will take 10(16) on perception

Nodding politely to Arren, Ivar responds, "Your company is alvays velcome, Arren. But if you vant to get somet'ing hot to eat I vould understand." he gestures towards the others, "If ve rotate, der vill be plenty of people to keep vatch."

Staying near the wagons Ivar notices the people with the flag-colored sash. Moving closer to the wagon, not wanting any trouble he makes sure he stays out of any of the partisan's way.

Sense motive to try and get a read on what Ivar assumes are partisans
sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 8


Human uRogue 1/Wizard 1 | HP 14/18 | |AC 17/T17/FF14 | F+2/R+4/W+3 | CMB -1/CMD 11 | init + 3 | Perc + 11 |

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Merion, seeing Nempura about to ask, sidles up to her, gesturing to the people she's curious about and whispering Probably followers of one of the local lords. Local politics personified. If we looked closely I bet we'd see others in the other one's colors.

Staying out of local politics and all, right? Merion checks his and his companions' clothing to see if they tend toward the colors in one or another of the banners.


The lady Nempura approaches looks towards the people she is pointing out then back at Nempura; “New around here I take it?” pointing up to the banner waving atop the North gate; “They are supporters of Baron Hilduin Lorsch, Lord of Longbridge.” Your eyes might linger atop the gate and notices what looks like newly placed ballista atop its battlements, pointing in both directions.

“Domatus Trond controls this gate here and is a haven for those who follow the Baron.” pointing to the far side of the bridge so a destination you can’t really see; “The other gate is controlled by Rilla Omer, she is a supporter of Wido Gall. Gall wants control but wants it from his seat in Dulwich.” with a shrug; “Seems like a stupid thing to divide up over if he isn’t willing to be in the land he wants control over. But, people have been taking sides more and more. It is a shame, because it’s ruining Longbridge, families and friendships.”

Merion notices that around here you mostly see the banner colors that are atop this North Gate. You do see small groupings of people walking through that have hands on hilts of their swords, as if they are expecting trouble. They earn dirty looks and comments, one goes as far as landing a shoulder mid-chest and continues walking on. The small group looks to be on a mission that accepts the abuse as if it is part of walking along the way.

Looking over the outfits of the companions that are in the caravan, you might see similar colors, but none have the same pattern as the banner you can see. You have the look of travelers, not of supporters of either side of this turmoil.

What Do You Do?

Damage Taken: Arren -0 HP, Ewan -2 HP, Helgar -0 HP, Ivar -0 HP, Merion -0 HP, Nempura -0 HP


Forgemaster Cleric (2) Wounds (0) HP (19) AC (18/11/17, +2 vs Undead) Saves (5/1/6, +2 Hardy, +2 vs Undead Spells/SLAs) CMD (13, +4 Stability) Initiative (+1) RF (0/4) AT (6/6)

"Good to know, we should avoid wearing any of their colors. This isn't our mine to dig."


Male Human Invulnerable Rager 5 | HP 39/60 Rage 70| AC 20/T13/FF18 | F+7/R+4/W+4 | CMB +9/CMD 21 | init + 4 | Perc + 9| Rage13/17 HP+10/AC -2/Will + 2, DR @ 2

Chuckling at Helgar's observation Ivar taps his breastplate. "As long as no vone t'inks 'steel' is a color ve should be good." Staying near the wagon out of the way of the locals, he accepts the sandwich brought to him by his companions. Waiting until Hank or Nempura return to ask any more questions.


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

Nempura nods to the woman as she explains and then Merion as he chimes in.

"Thanks for the information. Perhaps you can help me further?" To the woman, she asks, "Do you all have a weapon shop here? A place I could sell some gear?"


Status:
HP: 12/20; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 14; CMD: 16; Fort: 4, Ref: 4, Will: 0; Init +4; Perception +0
Fighter(Lore Warden/Learned Duelist)/2

Ewan notices that almost everyone stays near the wagons without getting any food, he leans against the wagon for a bit before shaking his head and heading inside the inn to gather a few sandwiches for the group to eat.

Ewan stays inside the inn for a few moments to purchase at least 6 sandwiches, more if there's a discount. He looks around the inn and notices the heavy-set man behind the counter and the large man on the other side of the bar getting into drinks an getting louder every minute.

He leans unto the bar and asks the bartender if she can make 6 sandwiches for him and his companions outside. He waits for a moment and then asks the woman.

"Any n-news around th-these parts? Th-things t-travellers s-should know?"

Some time later Ewan walks out holding the sandwiches on one arm, supporting it with the other. Very carefully not trying to drop any of them, he moves over to Arren, Helgar and Nempura first to offer them one.


“There are a couple places.” she replies; “That is if you’re already planning on crossing… Taxes and all. First place is Maldrec’s. Large building about halfway across the bridge. Tarl Maldrec is a good guy with an impressive supply. The other one is just past the South Tower. Fruen Deadeye is a retired mercenary captain who owns and operates the Iron Fist. Might find someone in there that is looking for a new blade or armor.”

The Merry Traveler:

“Don’t fall in love with your village sweetheart and following him to open a tavern?” the woman says as she gives Ewan a mug of ale. “Fish okay? I can wrap them up for you to make it easy. 3 silver a sandwich and the ale’s on him.” she nods towards the large man behind the counter.

You also notice Hank has pulled one of the men aside and is talking to him. After a few moments the man heads out of the taverns.

What Do You Do?

Damage Taken: Arren -0 HP, Ewan -2 HP, Helgar -0 HP, Ivar -0 HP, Merion -0 HP, Nempura -0 HP


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

"Okay, thank you. If it is a large building, this Maldrec's, I'm sure I shouldn't miss it. I'll keep in mind the other location as well."

With that she will head over the bridge, finding it strange that there aren't weapon shops on both sides. She was hoping there would be one on this side. As she gets to whatever tax location there is, she will slow.

"If I pay taxes now, am I covered the rest of the day? I am going to need to cross back and then when our caravan leaves." she asks.


Human uRogue 1/Wizard 1 | HP 14/18 | |AC 17/T17/FF14 | F+2/R+4/W+3 | CMB -1/CMD 11 | init + 3 | Perc + 11 |

Merion watches the crowd of townsfolk, looking for any sign of imminent violence. If he finds none, he waits to see the direction Nempura is walking in, then moves to follow Ewan inside.

The swordsman did not stay too long, however, and Merion catches up to him. Once the others have taken their pick, he asks, taking one of the remainder, What sort of food did they have on offer?


The woman who is talking to Nempura seems hesitant to answer, an easy sense motive would say it’s because you are all newcomers; “Any wagons that travel through pay the taxes when they pass through the tower… each of them.” Not expecting any backlash because she has a don’t shoot the messenger tone. “Like I said, they are controlled by two different people who believe they own the town and are owed their dues…”

Those who are at the wagon sees people going about their business normally, not paying too much attention to the caravan. Outside of the people who were wearing the South Gates colors, there is no real visible threat.

After a short time you see Hank come out from the Merry Traveler and he rushes to the caravan; “I was able to strike a deal to swap horses… with a little extra coin involved we will be able to continue onto Dulwish within the hour.” looking to Ivar and anyone else protecting your wagon; “If you have goods you are wanting to move, I can have them change out your horses first and you can make your way on in. Maldrec’s is about halfway across. His prices are low for this village. I wouldn’t ask any questions…”

What Do You Do?

Damage Taken: Arren -0 HP, Ewan -2 HP, Helgar -0 HP, Ivar -0 HP, Merion -0 HP, Nempura -0 HP


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

"Right...so since I'm not a wagon then, you are going to let me pass without paying taxes on this trip?" she replies to the guard at the tax booth with a coy smile on her face. Since she did specify only wagons get charged. "That may be the case, as there are people who, I'm sure, trade with both sides. Either the tax is very cheap for them or all of their profit would be removed!"


Male Human Invulnerable Rager 5 | HP 39/60 Rage 70| AC 20/T13/FF18 | F+7/R+4/W+4 | CMB +9/CMD 21 | init + 4 | Perc + 9| Rage13/17 HP+10/AC -2/Will + 2, DR @ 2

Nodding as Hank talked about switching out the horses, Ivar shrugged, gesturing towards the bridge. "Nempura has taken our goods to sell. So, we can switch out horses whenever you want." Willing to leave the now empty wagon Ivar, moving to the horses asking, "Do you want help switching out the animals?" as he begins to unhitch the horses.


Easy Sense Motive for everyone:

The caravan is already going to be crossing Longbridge to get to Dulwich, meaning the tax/toll is going to happen.

Also, with this list of gear, one person would not be able to carry it all by themselves without a Heward’s Handy Haversack (Back of Holding)

Gear
MW Longsword 315 GP
MW Kukri 308 GP
Banded Mail 250 GP
4x Buckler 5 GP
Composite Longbow (+1 Str) 200 GP
4x Short Swords 10 GP
3x Studded Leathers 25 GP
3x Daggers 2 GP
3x Slings -
60 Bullets 6 SP

As Nempura approaches Is she carrying all of the gear from the bandits? the guard returns her smile with an unamused grunt as he nods towards the caravan she just came from; “No cost if you’re leaving those wagons out there.” If Nempura is carrying all of the gear “If you’re carrying all of that in to do trade, you’re going to owe some silver. You’re choice.”

Hank nods to Ivar; “You seem capable with horses. I’ve never been across the sea to the north, but do they ride horses up there or other beast that can last in the cold?” Hank works in tandem to get the horses ready. Before they are all unhitched, a group of what looks like stable hands come with the horses. Quickly they are all switched out, and coin trades hands between Hank and the woman who looks to be in charge.

Findal makes his way up to the group; “I am going to miss that horse. She was a good travel companion.” thinking out loud; “I wonder if I pass back through I would be able to get her back again.”

What Do You Do?

Damage Taken: Arren -0 HP, Ewan -2 HP, Helgar -0 HP, Ivar -0 HP, Merion -0 HP, Nempura -0 HP


Male Human Invulnerable Rager 5 | HP 39/60 Rage 70| AC 20/T13/FF18 | F+7/R+4/W+4 | CMB +9/CMD 21 | init + 4 | Perc + 9| Rage13/17 HP+10/AC -2/Will + 2, DR @ 2

LOL, forgot Ivar's accent in the last post,

Shrugging, as he begins to unbuckle the harness. "Ve have horses to pull vagons und to ride." He gestures towards the large animals that they were unharnessing from the wagon, "De are smaller den der animals here, und heartier, but still horses. I helped load und unload plenty, und occasionally drove a vagon, but did not ride much."

As the animals were switched out, Ivar climbed back up into the wagon, waiting for the others and instructions from Hank.

Treating horses much like most of us do cars, knowing enough just to be dangerous :)


Arren Velmas, CG Human Sanguine Sorcerer [Tatooed Sorcerer] |HP:14/14|BaB:1|Fort:1 Ref:2 Will:3(-2 vs evil spell)|AC:12(16) T:12 FF:10(14)|Init:+8|
Resources Used:
two 1st

"A few silver isn't that bad. I can pay if if we need."


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

Spoiler:
If Hank's crossing the bridge, no doubt, he'll be on his way to the next city and not stopping, which means no time to sell. We have to do it now, which means being charged now.

As far as I was aware, the load was within my heavy load as it is less than 175 lbs (being 165lbs). Being bundled and tied, they can be carried, unless I'm missing something?

@GM: Also, just a note, as things seem off. Nempura approached the guard, not in my last post, but the one before it (maybe you missed that?). That's who she's been talking to, and it was a woman, so is there man there also? A group of guards?

@Arren: I think Nempura is a ways away from you at this point as she walked to the toll booth, unless you are coming with?

"My dilemma is this...I need to sell now, as our caravan is in a hurry, but I don't want to pay the toll twice. We are already going to pay it when that caravan there passes. How about this? Can I pay you the fee for our wagon now - the last in the train - and that will include our passage and right to trade inside that side of the city. But right now you let me pass to trade and return? Then, when the wagon crosses, you guys just won't have to charge us."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


All Read (ooc):

@Nempura There was a mix up. I thought Nempura approached one of the locals, who was the woman I had the dialogue between. The man she is talking to is the guard. Two separate people/conversations in my mind. I am sorry about the mix up and the delay with postings. I know that also did not help keep things clear.

@Nempura – you are correct that it is within your ability of a heavy load, but you don’t have the capability to carry it all without something to put it in. 4 different sets of armors, 5 swords, 4 shields, a bow, 4 daggers. She can lift that amount, but she cannot bearhug carry everything.

That is why I made a bag of holding available at the last city ;-)

Nodding towards Ivar, Hank responds; “Either way I appreciate your experienced hand. Most guards would just stand there with a hand on his hilt watching me do all the work. I do understand it’s not what they are paid for, but it makes things happen smoothly.” Testing the last strap that holds the support for the wagon to the horses; “You’re good to go if you need to stop along the way across the bridge. I will finish out the rest of the caravan before heading across. We’ll meet on the other side.”

The guard looks at Nempura; “Don’t want to pay twice? Then put your stuff back in your wagon and bring it across. Then, don’t turn around and come back my way. See. Paid only once..” He says in a sarcastic tone, but he does give Nempura a friendly smile.

What Do You Do?

Damage Taken: Arren -0 HP, Ewan -2 HP, Helgar -0 HP, Ivar -0 HP, Merion -0 HP, Nempura -0 HP


Male Human Invulnerable Rager 5 | HP 39/60 Rage 70| AC 20/T13/FF18 | F+7/R+4/W+4 | CMB +9/CMD 21 | init + 4 | Perc + 9| Rage13/17 HP+10/AC -2/Will + 2, DR @ 2

Nodding to Hank, Ivar paused. It was nice to be acknowledged for doing something not expected. He thought about explaining that handling the horses helped you to get to know them and vice-versa. But Hank new that, so instead, he just said, 'T'ank you, I like to stay busy." Rubbing the noses on the two new animals, he returned to the wagon buckboard seat. Seeing Nempura still speaking to someone at the bridge, he stood up watching to see if she waived them that way.


Status:
HP: 12/20; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 14; CMD: 16; Fort: 4, Ref: 4, Will: 0; Init +4; Perception +0
Fighter(Lore Warden/Learned Duelist)/2

Ewan takes stock of all the items the group has for sale, noting them down in a special travellog book he keeps on him.

He looks to the rest as they're ready for travel and patiently awaits for the group to pay the toll and cross over towards the other side.

He seems a little fidgety with his fingers on his rapier hilt. The air around this town seemed to be on edge, which made him feel ill at ease.

Ewan settled into the cart and shook his head.
"I hope w-we can move soon. S-somehow I f-feel like being t-trap-ped."


Arren Velmas, CG Human Sanguine Sorcerer [Tatooed Sorcerer] |HP:14/14|BaB:1|Fort:1 Ref:2 Will:3(-2 vs evil spell)|AC:12(16) T:12 FF:10(14)|Init:+8|
Resources Used:
two 1st

"This is not a good place." Arren mutters in agreement with Ewan. "It's like a hornet's nest. Hopefully we can leave without putting our foot in it."


Arren Velmas wrote:
"This is not a good place." Arren mutters in agreement with Ewan. "It's like a hornet's nest. Hopefully we can leave without putting our foot in it."

Merion nods. Best course of action, staying out of trouble you're not specifically courting. Which we seem to be courting enough as is.


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

Since Nempura could not carry all the items, there is no reason she would have gone to the guard except to find out the tax situation. With it now being clear, she looks back to Ivar, who is waiting for her. If the horses are switched out, she'll beckon him and the wagon her way...


Male Human Invulnerable Rager 5 | HP 39/60 Rage 70| AC 20/T13/FF18 | F+7/R+4/W+4 | CMB +9/CMD 21 | init + 4 | Perc + 9| Rage13/17 HP+10/AC -2/Will + 2, DR @ 2

Hearing Ewan and Arren's conversation, Ivar looked towards where Nempura was speaking to someone at the bridge. Seeing her look back and gesture, Ivar leans over the edge of the wagon, calling to the others. "Nempura signaled for us to approach der bridge. Let's get mounted und head dat vay." Waiting a moment for Helgar to climb aboard the wagon he clicks his tongue at the newly hitched geldings, as he shakes the reins a little, "Come on boys, time to go."

As he approaches the bridge, he asks Nempura, "Do ve pay der toll on dis side of der bridge or der other."


As the wagon approaches, the guard overhears Ivar’s question; “You pay here. One crown (gold) for the wagon. Try to barter or haggle and I make it two. I could use the extra funds…”

Findal, who was following up behind Ivar’s wagon, speaks up; “I will say that these taxes, tolls, duties, whatever you want to call them, seem to hinder the free trade and travel through your community.” tossing the man a crown; “Not everyone with a wagon is a merchant. Some are poor families that are fleeing the countryside due to bandits and thieves…” Findal continues to ride on without looking at the man.

Snatching the coin out of the air, the man pockets it and looks towards Ivar, Nempura, and any others that are with them expectantly awaiting payment.

What Do You Do?

Damage Taken: Arren -0 HP, Ewan -2 HP, Helgar -0 HP, Ivar -0 HP, Merion -0 HP, Nempura -0 HP


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

Nempura sometimes doesn't even make a gold in singing, and she's fairly decent. She's essentially handing over a day's wages. Any profit from the weapons and gear is slowly diminishing the more they are forking out. Still, if no one else produces a crown, she will just to get them moving and she does so at a decent pace so as to not waste time. Surely Hank will be moving before they are ready as he's in a hurry.


Longbridge Map

As the group reluctantly moves forward, you look back and see that Hank is still taking care of the remaining horses and wagons. You have time to make stops if you’d like As you are going you see a few signs hanging above doors. 5:Maldrec’s General Shop, 3: Rideth’s House – this three-story building leans precariously out over the river. Looking through the front windows you see arcane components and devices. 2:The Welcoming Hearth – This interesting building is positioned above the bridge. It looks like to access this building you have to climb a set of stone stairs that is built into the tunnel you go through to pass to the other side of Longbridge.4:Thread & Ball – in the window of this show you see mannequins clothed with different outfits. 7:The South Tower. Nempura also know that The Iron Fist is located just beyond the South Tower.

What Do You Do?

Damage Taken: Arren -0 HP, Ewan -2 HP, Helgar -0 HP, Ivar -0 HP, Merion -0 HP, Nempura -0 HP


Male Human Invulnerable Rager 5 | HP 39/60 Rage 70| AC 20/T13/FF18 | F+7/R+4/W+4 | CMB +9/CMD 21 | init + 4 | Perc + 9| Rage13/17 HP+10/AC -2/Will + 2, DR @ 2

Can Ivar tell by the street signs which shop will be more likely to be interested in weapons?
Knowledge (local) untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Seeing Nempura toss the obnoxious guard a crown Ivar makes a mental note to give her his portion later. Clicking his tongue at the paired geldings, he nods at the guard, taking the measure of the man as he passes. Once on the other side of the bridge, he looks at the available shop signs as they pass. Breathing a sigh he calls ahead to Nempura, "Vat do you t'ink Nempura shall ve try der General store or vait to try der South Tower?"

Remembering she forked out the money for the first toll, he adds, "I vill pay der tax on der next toll both, jah?"


No Knowledge check needed
Looking in the windows as you pass, you believe that Maldrec's General Shop would be the best bet of what is here.

Nempura/Ivar & K-Local DC 15:

Nempura knows this info from her conversation with the woman.
Ivar knows this info from his K-Local check above.

You know that there is a tavern & inn that is owned by a retired mercenary captain, Fruen Deadeye. She is a vicious half-orc, and her loyalties follow wherever the coin is coming from. The Iron Fist is a place where any off duty men-at-arms could be found between jobs, and some could be looking for equipment.

It is said that you could get more coin from them than a shop, but there is also Fruen's hosting fees for such transactions.

Since the Iron Fist is a place where you could find men-at-arms who are currently off duty, you are sure that you could find someone to hire for most any job.


Forgemaster Cleric (2) Wounds (0) HP (19) AC (18/11/17, +2 vs Undead) Saves (5/1/6, +2 Hardy, +2 vs Undead Spells/SLAs) CMD (13, +4 Stability) Initiative (+1) RF (0/4) AT (6/6)

"Let's try the general store." Helgar piped in. "We are bleeding funds as we carry the goods around. It's getting to the point where even having a wagon is turning into a liability. It makes me wonder how merchants manage to do it!"


Status:
HP: 12/20; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 14; CMD: 16; Fort: 4, Ref: 4, Will: 0; Init +4; Perception +0
Fighter(Lore Warden/Learned Duelist)/2

Ewan looks up as Helgar mentions the merchant's way.
"V-volume. Th-they bring and s-sell so much, then buy in low a-gain th-that it m-makes it worth the t-trip"

Ewan smiles a bit to himselfas he remembers his times on the merchants vessels of recent years.
"I've s-seen m-many a m-merchant v-vessel th-that hired p-people to g-guard th-their s-ship, a purser l-like me and m-more, a c-cargo hold f-filled to the b-brim with t-trade g-goods. S-still th-they make al-most tr-triple th-their investment. All one n-needs is a g-good under-stan-ding of w-what to buy and wh-where to sell it."


Human uRogue 1/Wizard 1 | HP 14/18 | |AC 17/T17/FF14 | F+2/R+4/W+3 | CMB -1/CMD 11 | init + 3 | Perc + 11 |

Merion nods. That is true, it's the owners of the goods who make the gold. Unless the goods are sufficiently valuable to make what you can carry on your person worth it.

Like the mysterious treasure our Albin said we might find. Merion's mind wanders to stories he's heard of adventurers and enchanted items.


Forgemaster Cleric (2) Wounds (0) HP (19) AC (18/11/17, +2 vs Undead) Saves (5/1/6, +2 Hardy, +2 vs Undead Spells/SLAs) CMD (13, +4 Stability) Initiative (+1) RF (0/4) AT (6/6)

”Aye. It takes gold to make gold.” She muttered.


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

She looks behind her to Findal following them. She wonders at this.

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"No...The Iron Fist would be better for price, and probably would sell quicker. Let's head there."

Once at the door, she will look to the others and say, "The sooner we sell these, the better. I don't care the price. Helgar is right," she comments. "It's mostly my fault, all. I didn't negotiate. I thought the use of the horses and wagon would be worth the free trip. I wasn't aware of expenses and tolls. I should have negotiated better, nor did I think there'd actually be bandits on the road. Well, hopefully, the way back is better protected now that I let the Guard know."

She will dismount from her horse and will move to the back of the wagon. With others' help, she will bring the goods to the tenants inside and will look around, hoping to strike up a conversation with the "leader" there to work with them to buy weapons.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 8

If she can find him, she will single the main guy out and try to negotiate with him.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Are you heading to the general store? or the Iron Fist?


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |
Nempura Babblebrook wrote:
"No...The Iron Fist would be better for price, and probably would sell quicker. Let's head there."

Iron Fist


smh... I apologize. Reading is hard.

Longbridge Map

Unless anyone wants to stop somewhere along the way, you make your way across Longbridge. As you reach halfway and beyond, you see less colorings of the North Tower and more colorings of the South Tower. Tensions are high around the midway point at Welcoming Hearth. You notice that they have extra guards stationed at that inn.

Reaching the South Tower, you are met by several guards blocking the way. “That’s far enough.” looking at the group of you and the two wagons Yours and Findals “That will be a crown gold per wagon. If not, you can turn around and find a different way across Kymi’s Run. And she doesn’t take too kindly to wagons trying to ford her.”

Just want to triple check and make sure everything on this list below is what you want to sell.

Trade Items:

MW Longsword 315 GP
MW Kukri 308 GP
Banded Mail 250 GP
4x Buckler 20 GP (5 GP each)
Composite Longbow (+1 Str) 200 GP
4x Short Swords 40 GP (10 GP each)
3x Studded Leathers 75 GP (25 GP each)
3x Daggers 6 GP (2 GP each)
3x Slings -
60 Bullets 6 SP

What Do You Do?

Damage Taken: Arren -0 HP, Ewan -2 HP, Helgar -0 HP, Ivar -0 HP, Merion -0 HP, Nempura -0 HP


Male Human Invulnerable Rager 5 | HP 39/60 Rage 70| AC 20/T13/FF18 | F+7/R+4/W+4 | CMB +9/CMD 21 | init + 4 | Perc + 9| Rage13/17 HP+10/AC -2/Will + 2, DR @ 2

Nodding in agreement with Nempura he clicks his tongue at the paired geldings, driving the wago past the general store. 'Der Iron Fist it is den."

Knowing that they would have to pay a toll on this end of the bridge and seeing no reason that it would be cheaper than the other, Ivar had fished a crown out of his pocket as he drove the wagon across. Holding up the gold coin, seeing no reason to irritate the guards, Ivar smiled showing them the coin. "Dis vill cover our vagon. Vould you like me to toss it to you, or shall I move der vagon closer?" Whether the guard waits for the wagon to move closer, or the guard moves to the wagon, Ivar didn't care. He waited patiently for the guard to make his decision and then complied.

Once at the door
Stopping the wagon near Nempura's horse, Ivar climbs down from the wooden seat. Tying the reins around the hitching post he goes to the back of the wagon and helps unload the gear. Carrying a portion of the cumbersome gear he follows Nempura into the building, keeping a keen eye out, looking at the establishment.


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

The gear looks right to me. She's willing to sell it, and both of us (assuming others are staying in the wagon) already entered the Iron Fist after the taxes are paid. What do we see?


Longbridge Map

Inside the Iron Fist:

Walking into the Iron Fist, you see a rough looking tavern and inn. You can see from the tables and chairs that fights break out here often. The patrons also match the rest of the Iron Fist, rough.

Behind the bar is a tall half-orc woman who has a broken tusk that is snapped off just below the midway point. The corner of her mouth near the broken tusk raises up in a smile; “Welcome,” Raising her arms; “to the Iron Fist!” she makes her way over to the two of you eyeing the gear in your arms.

“Looks like you are wanting to move some equipment? Doesn’t seem like the two of you could use or wear all of this at once.” she says as she eyes the two of you up and down. “I’ll make you a deal. Give me a good deal on that Kukri right there [occ]sell for normal 50%[/ooc] and you can charge whatever you’d like for the rest of your gear.”

Looking around the Iron Fist; “Looks like a good enough crowd that you might be able to move enough of your equipment to make it worth your wild. Do we have a deal?”

Outside:

Findal is muttering under his breath as he too pays his crown cost for his wagon to cross;[smaller] “Wasn’t even a nice enough bridge the justify such a cost. Maybe if they were to use the tax coin to improve the buildings along the way it might call for more people and merchants to travel through. THEN they could charge less and make more money.”

If Helgar stays outside Findal turns to Helgar; “The craftsmanship of this bridge does speak highly of your people, I have not met a master stoneworker yet, but it is something I do look forward to.”

The people outside in this little cove seem to have the same temperament as those on the other side of the North Tower. Quiet and staying to themselves unless they are wearing the colors of the banner above the South Tower.

You do notice that the road here splits in three directions; north, south, and west. West would lead you to your destination of Dulwich.

What Do You Do?

Damage Taken: Arren -0 HP, Ewan -2 HP, Helgar -0 HP, Ivar -0 HP, Merion -0 HP, Nempura -0 HP


Male Human Invulnerable Rager 5 | HP 39/60 Rage 70| AC 20/T13/FF18 | F+7/R+4/W+4 | CMB +9/CMD 21 | init + 4 | Perc + 9| Rage13/17 HP+10/AC -2/Will + 2, DR @ 2

Inside:
Moving into the Tavern it reminded him of many places he had drank as a sailor. Shifting his load he nodded to the smiling half-orc, "Good day."

As the 'Innkeeper' made her offer, Ivar, feeling like he had somehow botched the last merchant transaction, looked towards Nempura. Shifting his feet, she had offered to handle the negotiations, so he happily waited for her to speak. Planning on letting her do the talking. He would stay nearby so everyone knew she was not to be trifled with.


Human uRogue 1/Wizard 1 | HP 14/18 | |AC 17/T17/FF14 | F+2/R+4/W+3 | CMB -1/CMD 11 | init + 3 | Perc + 11 |

Merion can't help but give a whistle at the cost to cross the bridge. To Ewan, he says in slightly above a whisper, This double-tolling can't be good for business. Maybe we can find a different route back, avoid the trouble that's clearly afoot here.


Status:
HP: 12/20; AC: 19, T: 15, FF: 14; CMD: 16; Fort: 4, Ref: 4, Will: 0; Init +4; Perception +0
Fighter(Lore Warden/Learned Duelist)/2

Ewan nods in agreement to Merion's idea.
"R-right. W-we w-would do w-well to at least try to f-find a-no-ther route. Th-though if th-this is the fas-test w-way back, w-we m-might have no other ch-choi-choice."

Ewan sighs as he realizes Findal is right, it might be good to charge merchants this price, though simple travelfolk won't often be able to pay such a sum.


Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

Nempura chuckles at the greeting of the bartender and will flash a brilliant smile in response.

"I think we can deal. We aren't looking to get rich or take advantage. Normal selling prices are good enough for us and your prices seem fair. Maybe in the future we can do more business?" If agreed, she will introduce herself. "I'm Nempura, Bard renowned in Languard, and this is Ivar, a valiant fighter. Outside is the rest of our rag-tag group."

When the deal is concluded, and money changes hands (50% sell price as normal for all gear), then she will head back out to the wagon. Hopefully, now that they have some money, they can spend some. Really, Nempura is just glad she has it in her hand. Once back, she will distribute it to the group.

"Well, it's not much, but it's something..." she hands out 102 gold to each of the six members of her group there.


Longbridge Map

Equipment Sold OOC:

Everyone will get 101 GP 2 SP 1 CP
I added the extra copper to the party funds.
The funds have been updated on the loot spread sheet.

Also, if you ever want to take a portion of the funds sold and put it towards the group funds, let me know. That way if the party wants to buy a “party wand” or other supply needs the funds can be there.

Inside the Iron Fist
With a shrug, the half-orc woman hands over the gold for her new Kukri and says; “Ain’t my prices. But I know the guys will always buy any equipment you want to sell at that rate. If you ever need a place to stay, you two have a room here for as long as you need it.”

Everything sells, even simple things like the daggers and the bullets go quickly. Nempura and Ivar and anyone else who went inside are offered ale for as long as they want to drink.

Outside
Findal rides his wagon just west of the crossroads outside of Longbridge; “Won’t find myself in that town longer than need be…” still obviously frustrated with the toll.

Unless those who stayed outside are doing anything specific, you all stand around waiting. You see the normal traffic of villagers’ midday. But not too long you see the caravan making its way through the South Tower led by Hank.

Pulling up alongside Findal, Hank halts the caravan. Looking to those outside Hank speaks up; “Were you able to sell your equipment?” looking around he notices that a few are missing; “As soon as the others return, we should continue on. We will be there by nightfall.”

As everyone regroups and takes their coin, Hank speaks up; “Are we ready?”

If the group is ready to move on:

You make you way down the road. There are less walkers with you than when you originally left Languard. Many left, some joined.

One of which is a heavyset man who offers those who speak to him a wide smile. His white teeth offset his full black beard. Though dressed in fine clothes, he’s covered in travel dust. He keeps a firm hold of the reins of a pair of mules hauling a heavy-laden wagon. “Gods be in my favor to find a group traveling westward! The dusty road can be a lonely one, and these two arses aren’t much for conversation.”

As time continues you notice a drop in temperature as a cool breeze picks up. Looking southwest, you notice clouds are starting to form in the sky.

What Do You Do?

Damage Taken: Arren -0 HP, Ewan -2 HP, Helgar -0 HP, Ivar -0 HP, Merion -0 HP, Nempura -0 HP

DM Screen:

%: 1d100 ⇒ 91
R: 1d20 ⇒ 10


Human uRogue 1/Wizard 1 | HP 14/18 | |AC 17/T17/FF14 | F+2/R+4/W+3 | CMB -1/CMD 11 | init + 3 | Perc + 11 |

Merion tries to avoid his eyes widening as he takes his share of the proceeds. He carefully places it in an interior pouch under his vest, and takes his place on his horse by the side of the wagon.

Ready to move on, for sure.

As the group rides along, he tries to get a sense of Albin's mood, as his destination is one step closer. He'll ride up to where the man is, and gesturing to the forest just at horizon to the south, ask Is this the wood your castle is in?


Male Human Invulnerable Rager 5 | HP 39/60 Rage 70| AC 20/T13/FF18 | F+7/R+4/W+4 | CMB +9/CMD 21 | init + 4 | Perc + 9| Rage13/17 HP+10/AC -2/Will + 2, DR @ 2

inside:
Accepting the gold for the fine kukri, Ivar raises an eyebrow at the womans offer. Nodding politely, he thanks her. "T'ank you." Moving behind Nempura, Ivar keeps a keen eye watching for anything untoward. After a bit, as people are quickly purchasing everything at a fair price, he relaxes a little and accepts a light ale. Stein in one hand, the other casually on his hip, near a weapon, he watches as Nempura works her magic.
Smiling, passing out the money, "Det vent better den I expected."

Nodding in agreement with Merion, Ivar climbs into the wagon. Picking up the reins he clicks his tongue at the paired geldings. Noting that many of the folks walking with them now, he keeps a keen eye out, watching to see if any move closer to the wagon to see what is within. Leaning over to the dwarf, he tells her softly. "I know der vagon is empty, but ve should note any who t'ink de should look inside."

He notes the heavyset man with the wide smile in front of them with his mules. He looks casually to his companions and asks, those that had stayed outside, "Has anyvone learned der name of de fellow in front of us?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aquatic Elf Female |HP: 12/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) +2dodge vs Chaotic | Perc: +9 | Init: +5 | Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3 | CMB: +12, CMD: 20 | Spd: 30ft |

Once outside the company of those in the Iron Fist, she sighs at Ivar's words.

"Yes...But it is so little..." Her eyes look back to the bridge as her thoughts settle on the idea of buying new clothes and perhaps a magic item or two. She is ages away from affording anything inside the magic shop, or being able to buy property, or to finance a business; anything that is in her hopes and dreams seems so far off with the hefty sack of gold in her arms. As the gold gets distributed, she is even more disappointed but doesn't say anything. Plus, with Hank there telling them they are ready to go...she doesn't even have the time to go get clothes. The fact she'd have to spend money to even cross the bridge again to go to the shop just pisses her off. She silently readies herself, not being one to hold up anyone. She doesn't answer him and lets others do so.

I'm guessing it took forever to sell off the gear and not just the short deal we just roleplayed?

Nempura mounts her horse and picks up the pace to ride to the head of the column as they head onto the road. She scouts ahead a little bit for opportunists outside the town, and then when the coast is clear, she will begin her patrol from their wagon at the rear to the front again. Along the way, she speaks to the walkers and casually tries to distract herself from her frustrations.

To Ivar, she shakes her head but will ride up to find out on her next rotation.

To the heavyset man:

"Well, you are welcome on the road with us, sir. The name is Nempura, and I'm one of the guards and bard renown. If you have any troubles, let me know. And you are?"

Survival (Weather): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,306 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mr Clint's Languard Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.