ADQ table 1

Game Master chillblame

Sterich and Keoland
Raiding and destruction in Sterich. Heros are needed.
greyhawk gods


351 to 400 of 475 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield

How about the spellcaster? He might know more than the ogre.

Seltyn points out the charred corpse. It may be too burnt to talk to, though.


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

Mazrak will look at Seltyn, "Unfortunately, I don't speak Orc. Maybe the Orc knows the Giant's tongue since they travel together."

Mazrak will ask in Giant:

1.) "Who was the Frost Giant's commander?"

2.) "Where is this commander?"

3.) "How many Giants are at Nosnra's Steading?"


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield

Seltyn can teach Mazrak how to say those questions in Orcish.


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

Mazrak will follow Seltyn's instructions and question the spell-using Orc in Orcish.


will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

With a horrible rasping gasp. the orc answers

1/Big Johann lead here. He had no chief

2/Here, dead before you.

3/ more than twenty, less than forty. It varies


BTW, loot.
the following items detect as magic
A cloak, somewhat singed
two scrolls
two potions
A gold clasp

508gp

roll to ID, if you want


The rescued people thank you and prepare to head on there way north.
One of them says The orcs boasted about a great celbration where thay were going. I think we were one of the courses. At a hill giant place, I think.


Male M Human Ftr2/Inv5, Init +3, HP 60/48, AC 19/13/17, CMD 22, P +14(+16 v/traps), F +6, R +7(+8 v/traps), W +5(+7 v/ill,disb), Buffs: False Life

Once he has finished dispatching all the dying creatures, Jeeves says a quick prayer for the fallen.

He then gets out a small box from his backpack, and pulls out a small container. He strides over to where someone has set aside the magical potions and quickly studies them by smell and feel.

Taking 10 on my Craft (alchemy) check to ID the potions gives me a 28.


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield

Cloak, scroll, scroll, clasp.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28


jeeves:
Potion of bulls strength and a potion of cure moderate wounds

Seltyn:
A cloak of resistance +1. Somewhat burnt and smells a bit. Two divine scrolls, one of summon monster 2 and the other sound burst. The gold arm clasp (elven work you think) has stylised wings on it. It triggers a feather fall spell, twice per day.


Male M Human Ftr2/Inv5, Init +3, HP 60/48, AC 19/13/17, CMD 22, P +14(+16 v/traps), F +6, R +7(+8 v/traps), W +5(+7 v/ill,disb), Buffs: False Life

Jeeves looks up from inspection the giant potions.

"Hmm, the bitter smelling one is a potion that boosts strength, while the yellowish-green one is a moderate healing draught. Anyone interested?"


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield

This cloak is a bit burnt and smelly, but I can clean it up. It offers some resistance to many effects.

The scrolls are divine. One summons monsters, and the other makes a damaging burst of sound.

The clasp is of elven make, I think. It lets the wearer cast Feather Fall twice a day. We should keep it.

Anyone can look under the spoiler as they like.


So, the prisoners have been rescued and you have smashed Big Johann and his band. What is next?


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

Rest

BTW-The gold divided up comes to 84gp, 6sp, 6cp each.


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Elanril and Parvo will help with cleaning up the battlefield (mostly Parvo).


Um how exactly is parvo doing this? I have visions of him eating the bodies


Male M Human Ftr2/Inv5, Init +3, HP 60/48, AC 19/13/17, CMD 22, P +14(+16 v/traps), F +6, R +7(+8 v/traps), W +5(+7 v/ill,disb), Buffs: False Life

I wouldn't mind the potion of bull's strength, as I don't have anything that normally boosts mine.


Male M Human Ftr2/Inv5, Init +3, HP 60/48, AC 19/13/17, CMD 22, P +14(+16 v/traps), F +6, R +7(+8 v/traps), W +5(+7 v/ill,disb), Buffs: False Life

Jeeves walks over to Horek, scanning the surrounding area as he does so. "Master Horek, do you think we might find a sheltered place to camp for the night here? It seems the magic-users of the group could use some rest."


Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 6 / Barbarian 1 | Init: +2 | Per: +11 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +8, Will: +6 | HP: 83 (of 83) | AC: 20, FF AC: 18, Touch AC: 12 | CMD: 20 | Attack: +1 Obsidian Greataxe +13/+8 [+15/+10 when 'Raging'] (1d12 +7 [+10 when 'Raging']) | Animal Companion: 'Whisper' - Large Wolf (7 HD) | Init: +2 | Per: +6 | Fort: +9, Reflex: +7 (Evasion), Will: +3 | HP: 57 (of 57) | AC: 19, FF AC: 17, Touch AC: 11 | CMD: 24 (28 vs Trip) | Attack: Bite +11 (1d8 +7) & Trip (CMB +12)

Horek is scanning the horizon to the south, seeking some sign of this 'broken mountain' they are seeking. When Jeeves appears at his side, the plainsman nods. "Yes, Whisper and I will take a look around for a good site." Then he puts words to action and seeks out a sheltered place that will provide some amount of defense and concealment as well as running water - if anything of the sort is to be found. He also keeps an eye out for game animals, looking to supplement their trail rations.

Horek's Survival Check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Whisper's 'Aid Another'Survival Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 vs DC 10

OOC: Will make a Survival check to 'get along in the wilds' to find a good camping site and maybe get some food for the party and/or the prisoners before they head off. Looks like my total for that check is 30 with Whisper's assistance. Hoping that our directions to broken mountain are enough to help us find this steading!


Horek and whisper, with a bit of effort, find an ok camp site. Food is a little bit harder, but after an hours effort they manage to find a couple of rabbits and some quail. You settle in for the night.


Watch schedule?


M Agathion Eidolon 6 +6 Perc , F +7, R +8, W +2 (+4 morale bonus vs. ench spells and effects)+4 bonus vs. poison, +4 bonus vs. petrification, 51 HP, 29 AC, 24 CMD

Parvo is wandering the battlefield like an over-exited dog, dragging corpses by the leg with a very self-satisfied expression on his face.


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield

Seltyn appreciates his friends' abilities in caring for the group. Once camp is set up, he'll get his 8 hours so he can be ready.

I can prep 3 or 4 mount spells, depending on what you guys can do. Also, someone should take the Feather Fall clasp. I nominate Jeeves. If everyone's already got a +1 cloak, we can sell it.

GM: Are we able to ride, or will the terrain not be suitable for mounts?


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Elnaril doesn't have a cloak but I don't know about anybody else.


Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 6 / Barbarian 1 | Init: +2 | Per: +11 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +8, Will: +6 | HP: 83 (of 83) | AC: 20, FF AC: 18, Touch AC: 12 | CMD: 20 | Attack: +1 Obsidian Greataxe +13/+8 [+15/+10 when 'Raging'] (1d12 +7 [+10 when 'Raging']) | Animal Companion: 'Whisper' - Large Wolf (7 HD) | Init: +2 | Per: +6 | Fort: +9, Reflex: +7 (Evasion), Will: +3 | HP: 57 (of 57) | AC: 19, FF AC: 17, Touch AC: 11 | CMD: 24 (28 vs Trip) | Attack: Bite +11 (1d8 +7) & Trip (CMB +12)

After seeing to healing for his animal companion, Horek and Whisper will take their turn leading into mid of night, so as to allow the spellcasters to get their needed 8 hours of uninterrupted rest. Besides, the plainsman enjoys watching the stars wheel across the sky...

OOC: Mazrak, can you spare some healing for Whisper? I've also got a cloak and can boost my STR and CON with rage, so will pass on the strength draught - though I wouldn't mind taking the healing potion! As for the watch schedule, I've always been bad at figuring out shifts, but I'll give it a shot. I'm thinking two of us at any given time in three hour shifts? That should give everyone 9 hours of sleep, right?

Seltyn & Mazrak - 1st Shift (7pm-10pm)
Horek & Whisper - 2nd Shift (10pm-1am)
Jeeves & Mazrak - 3rd Shift (1am-4am)
Elnaril & Parvo - 4th Shift (4am-7am)


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield
Elnaril Ilikas wrote:
Elnaril doesn't have a cloak but I don't know about anybody else.

Well, I think we know who gets the cloak, then. Seltyn will clean it up for you.


The terrain is rideable for a few days, until you enter the mountains, and for the most part can be used as pack animals after. The giants won't live on the peaks, but in the trenches between. The is usually below the treeline.


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield

Is Eldric still playing?

I suggest we give the cloak to Elnaril, the potions to Jeeves, and the clasp to Horek. He seems the most likely to jump off a cliff.

We arrived before dawn. Switch am with pm, and that looks about right.


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

Mazrak will go to Horek's Great Wolf and with the Barbarian Ranger's aid touch the mighty beast.

CSW: 3d8 + 7 ⇒ (2, 1, 4) + 7 = 14

and again

CMW: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (7, 4) + 7 = 18

He will notice Master Jeeves has injuries. He will offer a touch to the noble warrior.

CMW: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (6, 5) + 7 = 18

That is 32 points for Whisper and 18 points for Jeeves. Both should be healthy.

"Anyone else need a touch of healing?"

Mazrak will heal any that needs it, then help clean up the battlefield. Later he will help prepare a place to camp by building a fire. Mazrak will then go to the Dire Boars and cut prime top portions from the carcasses. He will work to prepare the meat for consumption by the party and the captives. The meat is a bit gamy, but edible. It is nothing like ribs off a fattened hog. But at least their is plenty of it.

Cooking: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

@GM - Are the Captives still with the party? I am sure they would have been hungry.

At last, after a full day of travel and fighting he will rest and take his watches.


The captives will stay till morning, and then head on their way

The smell of roasting boar fills the air as mazrak attends to his cooking. All of you are ravenous after the battle, well fought and well won. But in you all is the knowledge that it gets harder from here


Male M Human Ftr2/Inv5, Init +3, HP 60/48, AC 19/13/17, CMD 22, P +14(+16 v/traps), F +6, R +7(+8 v/traps), W +5(+7 v/ill,disb), Buffs: False Life
Mazrak the Forlorn wrote:
He will notice Master Jeeves has injuries. He will offer a touch to the noble warrior.

I don't, actually, I had 12 extra hp from my false life extract, but thanks for the concern! I"m guessing you had the spell slot to spare, so it doesn't matter one way or the other.

OK, I'll take the potion of bull's strength, thanks!

Jeeves joins Horek to track down some game (Survival check to assist Horek: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (2) = 10, wow that was close!), not understanding that the woodsman probably could have caught a lot more if he hadn't been tromping noisily near him.

The butler spends the rest of the evening attending to the needs of the people they rescued, making sure they have enough to eat and drink and won't get too cold during the night so high in the hills.

During his shared watch with Mazrak, Jeeves gets into a deep discussion in Dwarven about his background, inquiring about his background and family. Jeeves seems very interested in details of dwarven culture in particular, especially family stories and lore. Jeeves speaks about his own service in return, regaling Mazrak (if he's interested) with tales of his service to various human nobles.

"I've never been in the service of a dwarven nobleman," Jeeves says in heavily accented, but quite passable Dwarven, "but I learned the language in the hopes that one day I might."

BTW, what time of day did the combat occur?


Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 6 / Barbarian 1 | Init: +2 | Per: +11 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +8, Will: +6 | HP: 83 (of 83) | AC: 20, FF AC: 18, Touch AC: 12 | CMD: 20 | Attack: +1 Obsidian Greataxe +13/+8 [+15/+10 when 'Raging'] (1d12 +7 [+10 when 'Raging']) | Animal Companion: 'Whisper' - Large Wolf (7 HD) | Init: +2 | Per: +6 | Fort: +9, Reflex: +7 (Evasion), Will: +3 | HP: 57 (of 57) | AC: 19, FF AC: 17, Touch AC: 11 | CMD: 24 (28 vs Trip) | Attack: Bite +11 (1d8 +7) & Trip (CMB +12)
Seltyn Sevenleaf wrote:
I suggest we give the cloak to Elnaril, the potions to Jeeves, and the clasp to Horek. He seems the most likely to jump off a cliff.

Ha! Yeah, you might be right about that one!

Horek accepts the magical clasp and pins it to his fur-lined cloak, then glances at the healing potion and asks if he might carry that as well - though of course if another would have need of it the plainsman will forgo that particular claim.

When Mazrak heals Whisper, he smiles gratefully at the dwarf. "Thank you, Mazrak. My companion is quite protective of me in battle, sometimes too much I fear. I do what I can to return the favor, though I find myself in her debt more often than not."

The plainsman helps in preparing the boar meat as well, the smells from the cooking causing his stomach to rumble hungrily. That night he eats well, and he contemplates the morrow. Their first battle went very well indeed, but he knows that even the best laid plans can quickly go awry. How will they fare when they take on an entire steading full of the giants and their allies?

Thanks Mazrak! So I'll claim the Feather Fall pin and is anyone else interested in taking the CMW potion? Wasn't entirely sure if Jeeves was taking that one too? No problem either way!


Wounds (0) NL (3) HP (70) AC30 (27/24/19, +3 DB) Saves (16/16/10 +2 DB, +2 vs Fire) Divine Bond (1/1) Initiative (+7) Panache (6/6) LoH 2d6 (9/9) Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity Resist (7)

Still here and reading, just haven’t gotten a post in. Assuming that the second Mazrak watch rotation is for me

Eldric remained quiet as the others saw to cooking the fallen boars and looting the fallen foes. He wandered off to the edge of the battlefield, saying that he was keeping an eye out for any enemies coming back. As the hours wore on though, he had to admit to himself that he just wanted to be alone.

For his entire life he had trained for what had happened. Endless hours of exercise, sparring and meditation. Honing his body to be a divine weapon to be used in the eternal struggle against the darkness. He had taken so much pride in his station. But this had been his first actual battle. And he had killed. His hands had broken bones and torn flesh, and his inner flames had charred all who stood against him. The smell of blood and burning flesh was something he could not shake. Nor the sounds of the fallen. He knew that he had done the right thing, and that he should have been proud of his accomplishments, much like Horek was. And in a way he was. Which, for a reason he couldn’t quite place, just made him feel worse.


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

Mazrak will smile back at the Ranger Barbarian, "It is a fine companion that you have. You are fortunate to have such a grand creature to travel by your side."

Mazrak will then roast enough of the choice tender portions of the boar for everyone. He will find roasted Dire Boar pleasing. The Dwarf Oracle was used to eating wild game, but this boar was better than most.

The Dwarf Oracle enjoyed the company of others for he mostly traveled alone. This day was a fine day. Good peoples of this land were saved from being eaten by Giants, a truly viscous fate. This evil must be destroyed Mazrak contemplates. He knows it will be long, hard, and bloody. But it must be done.

During his watch, Mazrak will delight in his conversation with Jeeves in his native tongue. He will tell the brave warrior about his gifts and his curses. And how both these gifts and curses made him a recluse amongst his people. Many feared him. Most simply shunned him. Yet, they would often come to him for healing or to speak one last time to their loved ones when they had passed. It was this particular gift that made most uncomfortable.

The Dwarf Oracle will savor the warriors regaling, "Well Master Jeeves, I have served under more than one Dwarven Lord. It can be a great honor to serve those born to lead. And in many ways, what I do now is in their service, for the Giants threaten the Dwarven realms as well. And what you do, Master Jeeves, serves them now too." He will give the fighter a grin. "Maybe someday you can visit my people's home under the mountains and meet one of the Dwarven Lords you serve."


The battle was at night, a bit after dusk


The night passes uneventfully, and with daybreak, the captives head north, heartened by their rescue, saddened by their losses. But the folk of this land are of hardy stock, so will likely recover.

The party heads south towards their target. This is fairly easy, as you follow the path of destruction. Unfortunately, Big Johann's band was only one of many, and the yeomanry staggers under the assault.

One day more, and you discover a farm, untouched thus far, though the inhabitants are on guard. Though cautious at first, once you identify yourselves you are welcome. You see that this farm is relatively hidden from the south and east, so has been missed. It is also well fortified for a farm and has taken in several families of refugees.

Erik, the owner tells you that they would have fled north, but feel that they would be attacked while moving. Here they stay quiet and watchful. No jotun or goblyns are here he says in an odd accent.

know local DC 25:
Frost barbarian accent

If they do, I will shed the battle dew with my axe. My family and friends as well. Not with my axe, you ken, their own weapons, heh.

He is wearing a chain shirt, that looks freshly cleaned of rust, and he has a battle axe on his hip, and carries a spear.

He offers a night sleep and a meal.

If you can wreak the Jotun's base, the raids here should ease.


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Elnaril enjoys the companionship of the strange new group he has become a part of, thinking of the past as he listens to the conversation of Mazrak, Jeeves and Horek. "Never really understood people that enjoy this whole service thing. I mean, I get we have kings and queens, people in charge of the land and stuff like that. But dedicating your entire life to someone else? I don't really get it."

Elnaril also helps out with the meal, albeit amateurishly, looking forward to the moment when he gets to eat.


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield

k.local: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Somebody got an assist? lol

Changing spells.


Wounds (0) NL (3) HP (70) AC30 (27/24/19, +3 DB) Saves (16/16/10 +2 DB, +2 vs Fire) Divine Bond (1/1) Initiative (+7) Panache (6/6) LoH 2d6 (9/9) Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity Resist (7)

”And this bass, I assume you have scouted it? How many giants are we looking at here, how many orcs, and what are their defenses like?” Eldric asked, getting straight to the point.


He takes you into the kitchen of his home and sits you at the table
Scouted. No, tis several days south. I was told be a yeomany guard patrol about a week ago. My farm is my priority. Winter is acoming.
He sighs
In my youth I would have gone looking, but responsibilities I have.


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Know(Local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

If you assist me it will be a successful roll.


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield

OK.


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired
Elnaril Ilikas wrote:

Elnaril enjoys the companionship of the strange new group he has become a part of, thinking of the past as he listens to the conversation of Mazrak, Jeeves and Horek. "Never really understood people that enjoy this whole service thing. I mean, I get we have kings and queens, people in charge of the land and stuff like that. But dedicating your entire life to someone else? I don't really get it."

Elnaril also helps out with the meal, albeit amateurishly, looking forward to the moment when he gets to eat.

Earlier, in response to Elnaril.

"Well maybe Sir Elnaril, you were born to be served. But most of us were born to serve, whether that be to a higher power, or to a worldly king, or like I, both." Mazrak will bow his head toward Elnaril.


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield
chillblame wrote:

He takes you into the kitchen of his home and sits you at the table

Scouted. No, tis several days south. I was told be a yeomany guard patrol about a week ago. My farm is my priority. Winter is acoming.
He sighs
In my youth I would have gone looking, but responsibilities I have.

I understand. You have many here to care for. We'll try to eliminate this threat as best we can. We'll let you know how it went.


Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 6 / Barbarian 1 | Init: +2 | Per: +11 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +8, Will: +6 | HP: 83 (of 83) | AC: 20, FF AC: 18, Touch AC: 12 | CMD: 20 | Attack: +1 Obsidian Greataxe +13/+8 [+15/+10 when 'Raging'] (1d12 +7 [+10 when 'Raging']) | Animal Companion: 'Whisper' - Large Wolf (7 HD) | Init: +2 | Per: +6 | Fort: +9, Reflex: +7 (Evasion), Will: +3 | HP: 57 (of 57) | AC: 19, FF AC: 17, Touch AC: 11 | CMD: 24 (28 vs Trip) | Attack: Bite +11 (1d8 +7) & Trip (CMB +12)

Horek gratefully accepts Erik's hospitality and offers to assist with any chores that he might help with during their stay. When the man speaks of his responsibilities, the plainsman nods his head in agreement. "You have your family, and they need you. The giants and their allies took my family and now I go to pay them back for their evil deeds. If this serves you and your family, I am glad for that."


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD
Mavrak said wrote:

Elnaril Ilikas wrote:

Elnaril enjoys the companionship of the strange new group he has become a part of, thinking of the past as he listens to the conversation of Mazrak, Jeeves and Horek. "Never really understood people that enjoy this whole service thing. I mean, I get we have kings and queens, people in charge of the land and stuff like that. But dedicating your entire life to someone else? I don't really get it."
Elnaril also helps out with the meal, albeit amateurishly, looking forward to the moment when he gets to eat.
Earlier, in response to Elnaril.
"Well maybe Sir Elnaril, you were born to be served. But most of us were born to serve, whether that be to a higher power, or to a worldly king, or like I, both." Mazrak will bow his head toward Elnaril.

Continuing the earlier convo.

Elnaril shakes his head at Mavrak's response. "I'm no Sir, Mavrak. My mother was a peasant girl and I don't know WHO my father was. I just don't get the dedication. Help people and do good deeds sure but its subsuming your own ambition in service to another I don't understand."


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

Again, continuing the earlier conversation.

Mazrak will look at Elnaril, "I meant no offense. But as I see things, we are all servants in one way or another, even kings, even higher powers."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield

Gotta Serve Somebody


Male M Human Ftr2/Inv5, Init +3, HP 60/48, AC 19/13/17, CMD 22, P +14(+16 v/traps), F +6, R +7(+8 v/traps), W +5(+7 v/ill,disb), Buffs: False Life

Jeeves walks over and shakes the farmer's hand (if it is offered). "Quite a setup you have here and well protected too! Have you seen any of the Jotuns passing by lately?"

Does it make sense that this person has not been overtaken, given how far south he is? Are his defenses good enough to hold off a few hill giants or even frost giants?

Knowledge (Engineering: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (15) + 4 + (4) = 23

Also gauging the farmer to see if he's hiding something from us: Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 10 + (6) = 27


jeeves:
You think it is a combination of luck and concealment. The farm is somewhat hidden, and they have been lucky. That is subject to change, but at this point, it is likely most raiding parties are further afield, having missed here. It is made of wood and stone construction and is a solid construct. It could stand up to orcs and such for quite a while, but giants would crush it in short order. It could be burnt out but raiders dislike doing that as it can ruin the plunder. It does happen though.

351 to 400 of 475 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ADQ Table 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.