ADQ table 1

Game Master chillblame

Sterich and Keoland
Raiding and destruction in Sterich. Heros are needed.
greyhawk gods


401 to 450 of 552 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Distant sightings. Heading south I think, loaded with plunder. He pours himself a drink and has a swallow.
My guess is that they are taking their loot to the hall of their chief. To give tribute, show off, party. They will do it for a few days, the start raiding again.
Looking at you all he says If you were looking at hurting them, attacking over the next few days would be wise. More of them, but they will not be expecting you and they will be partying.
He grins. kill their chief and you might shatter their raids.
Slapping the table he laughs. Ha, I wish I was twenty years younger. This would be a fight for the skalds.


Wounds (17) NL (3) HP (70) AC30 (27/24/19, +3 DB) Saves (16/16/10 +2 DB, +2 vs Fire) Divine Bond (1/1) Initiative (+7) Panache (6/6) LoH 2d6 (9/9) Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity Resist (7)

”Whether it is for a dirge or a saga we will make the attempt.” Eldric said, somberly. ”We should begin the hunt with haste. Strike them before they know what we did to their comrades earlier.”


Male M Human Ftr2/Inv5, Init +3, HP 60/48, AC 19/13/17, CMD 22, P +14(+16 v/traps), F +6, R +7(+8 v/traps), W +5(+7 v/ill,disb), Buffs: False Life

Jeeves nods. "I agree, striking while they are busy besotting themselves seems like a good idea."

What time of day is it? Are we spending the night here, or do we continue on?


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste
Jeeves the Inimitable wrote:

Jeeves nods. "I agree, striking while they are busy besotting themselves seems like a good idea."

What time of day is it? Are we spending the night here, or do we continue on?

Yes, we must strike when we have the advantage. I suspect that may be a little harder than our last effort, but hitting them before they can be warned is our best option. It's not like we can reason with them.

Let's make sure we have food and water. Seltyn hasn't prepped any Mount spells. He could prep one, if we want one, but it wouldn't make us faster. He just prepped Magic Missiles. It's a good way to drop injured enemies.


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Elnaril nods in agreement. "Attacking hard and fast is probably the most likely strategy to succeed. Parvo and I are up for it."


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Yes. We can't beat them in a straight fight. We have to take their measure. We should get close, spy on them, and know their numbers.

We can plan from there.


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

"The let us move quickly and get there."


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Yes, Mazrak, we have to get going as soon as possible. The sooner we get close, The more time we have to plan our actions.


Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 6 / Barbarian 1 | Init: +2 | Per: +11 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +8, Will: +6 | HP: 70 (of 83) | AC: 20, FF AC: 18, Touch AC: 12 | CMD: 20 | Attack: +1 Obsidian Greataxe +13/+8 [+15/+10 when 'Raging'] (1d12 +7 [+10 when 'Raging']) | Animal Companion: 'Whisper' - Large Wolf (7 HD) | Init: +2 | Per: +6 | Fort: +9, Reflex: +7 (Evasion), Will: +3 | HP: 57 (of 57) | AC: 19, FF AC: 17, Touch AC: 11 | CMD: 24 (28 vs Trip) | Attack: Bite +11 (1d8 +7) & Trip (CMB +12)

Horek is also eager to carry the attack to the giants as soon as possible. If they are truly deep in the drink, celebrating their evil designs, the time to strike is now!


You can resupply with water and some basic food if you wish. This is also a place to leave mounts if needed.

You leave early the next morning and are farewelled by the farmers.

Before you are the foothills of the Joten mountains. A cold wind blows off their peaks, and you can see snow on the heights.

Finding the trail is rather easy, as the raiders don't seem to be hiding. Horek finds the trail with careless ease, and even the worse tracker among you can see it. This is a relief, but also a worry. Why are they so blatant?

As you climb, it grows colder and quieter. You look back at one point, and you can see distant plumes of smoke.

Nothing encounters you during the day. Night falls. It is getting very cold. How are you camping, and are you using a fire?


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Seltyn offers to cast Secure Shelter. We could have a fire to stay warm, without it being visible from far away.


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

"A shelter would be most welcome. Thanks," Mazrak gives Seltyn a head nod.


With a quick cast, Seltyn creates a shelter that shields from outside gaze. You have a cold but uneventful night. The next morning you continue. The air is crisp and clear and you move higher into the mountains.

Horek notes that most of the orc tracks veer away from the giants in varying directions, but the giants continue in a continuous trail.

Following the tracks, by dusk, you cross over a ridge and see a small valley. Near you is a small stone watchtower, somewhat concealed. If someone was watching, you likely would have been seen. But no one is on watch. It is about a hundred feet away.

perception 20:
You can hear a pair of rumbling snores coming from the tower

Further, into the high country valley you can see a wooden fort. It is well lit up,

perception 25:
the faint smell of roasting meat and the yells of a party come to your ears


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

per: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
I hear snoring. Let's check it out.

per: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
I got nothing.


Wounds (17) NL (3) HP (70) AC30 (27/24/19, +3 DB) Saves (16/16/10 +2 DB, +2 vs Fire) Divine Bond (1/1) Initiative (+7) Panache (6/6) LoH 2d6 (9/9) Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity Resist (7)

Perception: 2d20 ⇒ (4, 10) = 14

”You have good hearing. I suppose it is true that the elves are blessed with keen senses. Let’s see what we can find out. We should know who is there before we commit to killing all inside.”


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Yes. They could as easily be people who need our help. If not, we could still get information. Let's go.

Seltyn casts Message, then quietly and slowly heads to the tower.

stealth: 10 + 7 = 17


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

"Please allow me to offer a touch of the divine before you head out," Mazrak will offer.

Essentially, everyone will get a +1 Bonus to Skill Checks if Mazrak has the time and opportunity to give you a touch. Every little bit! Also, please add this +1 to skill checks or saving throws anytime we are not in a combat situation.

Guidance

Mazrak will wait till everyone who wants a touch of "Guidance" will get it before following.


Approaching the tower you see a shape slumped on the top. A large two headed giant is there, next to a large horn. A mostly empty barrel of booze is near him.

Someone is sleeping on watch


Wounds (17) NL (3) HP (70) AC30 (27/24/19, +3 DB) Saves (16/16/10 +2 DB, +2 vs Fire) Divine Bond (1/1) Initiative (+7) Panache (6/6) LoH 2d6 (9/9) Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity Resist (7)

”We should remove the horn before removing the Giant. Best to not risk reinforcements being summoned.”

Stealth if nobody else goes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Wait, Eldric. Let me make you invisible, first.

Seltyn casts Invisibility on him, giving him a +20 to the stealth check.

They'll never see you coming. Abscond with the horn, and then we'll deal with them.


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Elanril and Parvo will creep closer to the tower so it is within charge range for Parvo. 80ft Then they will lie in wait for the action to start with Parvo ready to leap into the air at the giant at any second.

Elnaril Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Parvo Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 6 / Barbarian 1 | Init: +2 | Per: +11 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +8, Will: +6 | HP: 70 (of 83) | AC: 20, FF AC: 18, Touch AC: 12 | CMD: 20 | Attack: +1 Obsidian Greataxe +13/+8 [+15/+10 when 'Raging'] (1d12 +7 [+10 when 'Raging']) | Animal Companion: 'Whisper' - Large Wolf (7 HD) | Init: +2 | Per: +6 | Fort: +9, Reflex: +7 (Evasion), Will: +3 | HP: 57 (of 57) | AC: 19, FF AC: 17, Touch AC: 11 | CMD: 24 (28 vs Trip) | Attack: Bite +11 (1d8 +7) & Trip (CMB +12)

Perception Check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Horek also fails to hear anything coming from the tower, but he nods when the slumped form of the two-headed giant is pointed out. "I will go too, when you secure the horn, we will attack and overwhelm him before he can awaken." The ranger whispers confidently.

Together, the plainsman and the big wolf pad toward the guard tower, intending to attack the giant when Eldric takes the horn...

Horek's Stealth Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Whisper's Stealth Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Guessing we'll have to climb some steps or a ladder of some kind to get to this giant guard? Not sure 'charge' is a viable action, but maybe the GM can clarify.


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

If Mazrak can see the target, he will knock an arrow to his bow.


Ettin perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

The Ettin is oblivious to you.

The target is very clear, sleeping on top of the tower. The tower is about 25 feet tall and is made of wood and stone. The inner dwarf in Mazrak cringes at the bad workmanship, but it is sturdy.

The tower is ridiculously easy to climb, DC 5. Make a check, with a stealth roll if you are climbing, and a sleight of hands roll to remove the horn (the Ettin is using it as a pillow.


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Is there an entrance to the tower? We might want to watch that.


The tower is more a pile of stone crafted to give the observer observation height than a building. It is solid, about 15 foot high, ten foot by ten foot.


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

OK. Not a big watchtower.


Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 6 / Barbarian 1 | Init: +2 | Per: +11 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +8, Will: +6 | HP: 70 (of 83) | AC: 20, FF AC: 18, Touch AC: 12 | CMD: 20 | Attack: +1 Obsidian Greataxe +13/+8 [+15/+10 when 'Raging'] (1d12 +7 [+10 when 'Raging']) | Animal Companion: 'Whisper' - Large Wolf (7 HD) | Init: +2 | Per: +6 | Fort: +9, Reflex: +7 (Evasion), Will: +3 | HP: 57 (of 57) | AC: 19, FF AC: 17, Touch AC: 11 | CMD: 24 (28 vs Trip) | Attack: Bite +11 (1d8 +7) & Trip (CMB +12)

Horek and Whisper both make their way up the rock outcrop that serves as the giant's watchtower. The ettin is using the large horn as a head rest of sorts (for one of the heads anyway), and so snatching it without disturbing the giant seems unlikely. The plainsman figures that a quick strike will likely cause the giant enough pain and confusion that it won't think to raise an alarm anyway for a few critical seconds, and perhaps he can kick the horn out of reach once it raises itself up into a sitting position.

With that strategy firmly in plan, Horek strikes with his heavy axe and gives a sharp whistle for Whisper to attack as well, both of them attacking from opposite sides of the giant!

Combat Details:

Horek's Climb Check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Horek's Stealth Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Whisper's Climb Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Whisper's Stealth Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Horek's Greataxe Attack (Favored Enemy, Flank): 1d20 + 13 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 4 + 2 = 26 vs Ettin's FF AC
Greataxe Damage (Favored Enemy, Power Attack): 1d12 + 7 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 4 + 6 = 25

Whisper's Bite Attack (Power Attack, Flank): 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 21 vs Ettin's FF AC
Bite Damage (Power Attack): 1d8 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 4 = 15

Horek's Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Whisper's Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Hopefully not jumping the gun with this, it seems like our plan is to sneak up and wallop this giant before he can warn his friends. Of course, if anyone is coming on up as well we can attack and/or go for the horn at the same time. If nobody tries for the horn first (especially since the giant is using it for a pillow at the moment), I'm thinking in the first round Horek will try and kick that horn away with one of his attacks. GM, what do you want me to roll for that, if it's possible? I went ahead and threw in my attack rolls for the surprise round if that comes to pass. Taking 'flank' bonuses for Horek and Whisper, and using Power Attack (though Horek ignores penalty for his first attack with the Furious Focus feat). Also rolled initiative, figuring that's going to come into play! I forgot to ask if this area might be considered Mountains as far as Horek's Favored Terrain bonus goes? If so, it's +2 to his Stealth check as well as the Initiative roll.


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Sounds good. Just wail on him. Who's got sleight of hand?

Seltyn will hang back, ready to sling some spells if needed.


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

Prior to reaching this point, Mazrak would have put up his daily False Life.

False Life: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

HP46/(62FL)

Up to the Surprise Round

He will then cast Levitate on himself to get a better angle to fire his bow at the two-headed Giant. Finally, he will cast Divine Favor to get the most out of the first attack.

Surprise Round

Mazrak fires his bow when everyone attacks.

He will hesitate his action until after Horek takes his action.

Fire bow: +5Base, +1Dex, +2Bow, +2DF, +1PBS, -2DA: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Damage: +3Str, +2bow, +2DF, +1PBS, +4DA: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Horek@yes this is mountain terrain. This is a surprise round, so you can either attack or get rid of the horn, not both

Horek and whisper creep up the side of the tower, taking a few rounds. The rest of you stand ready. In the distance, you can hear laughter and the booming of a drum in celebration. At last Horek and whisper get into position to strike. Horek slams his axe down as whisper savages the giant's leg.

The Ettin wakes with a double scream of pain as the strikes slam in. Then Mazraks arrow strikes into one of the ettins necks, chocking off one of the screams.

It is still kicking. Any other attacks?


Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 6 / Barbarian 1 | Init: +2 | Per: +11 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +8, Will: +6 | HP: 70 (of 83) | AC: 20, FF AC: 18, Touch AC: 12 | CMD: 20 | Attack: +1 Obsidian Greataxe +13/+8 [+15/+10 when 'Raging'] (1d12 +7 [+10 when 'Raging']) | Animal Companion: 'Whisper' - Large Wolf (7 HD) | Init: +2 | Per: +6 | Fort: +9, Reflex: +7 (Evasion), Will: +3 | HP: 57 (of 57) | AC: 19, FF AC: 17, Touch AC: 11 | CMD: 24 (28 vs Trip) | Attack: Bite +11 (1d8 +7) & Trip (CMB +12)

It just occurred to me... that ettin was a helpless foe wasn't he? Does that mean an automatic crit with a successful melee attack hit? If you'll allow it, please add the following damage - which includes the extra damage for favored enemy and power attack!
Extra 'Crit' Damage for Greataxe: 2d12 + 7 + 7 + 4 + 4 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (8, 8) + 7 + 7 + 4 + 4 + 6 + 6 = 50

And that'd be a total of 75 damage with one blow! Maybe enough to get a Fort save from the ettin to avoid instant death? :)


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Waiting to see if that kills it.


Horek@that is a coup de grace attack, which should be declared first. I dislike redoing scenes, but I will let it go this time.

Scene redo
Horek lams down a powerful blow, killing the Ettin in one powerful strike. In the distance, the party continues, with a drum beating in celebration.
Here there is silence.

Actions?


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Well, that was quick. Great job, Horek!


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Elnaril moves up with the rest of the party. "Hmm, less excitement than I was expecting but gratifying."


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Seltyn listens to the drums.

Let's go crash the party.


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Okay, then time to spell up.


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Shield for myself and Parvo, bulls Strength for Parvo, Eldric and Whisper. Mage Armor for Whisper.


Wounds (17) NL (3) HP (70) AC30 (27/24/19, +3 DB) Saves (16/16/10 +2 DB, +2 vs Fire) Divine Bond (1/1) Initiative (+7) Panache (6/6) LoH 2d6 (9/9) Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity Resist (7)

”Good work. Now we can get to the rest without the alarm being raised. We will need to strike quickly.”


The path to the Steading is clear. It stands on a rise in the highland valley and is fairly large. It is backed by sheer cliffs on its north and western sides. There seems to be one entrance, which appears to be unguarded. You quietly approach, hearing the sounds of shouting and revelry, the stamping of feet and the banging of drums.

You are now standing at the front door. It is quiet here.

The map has been updated, and your avatars have been placed. Please decide where you are standing

Actions and stealth checks please

Horek, I had to replace your icon as it was accidentally deleted. Can you make sure it is working? It should be ok


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Seltyn casts Mage Armor and shield on himself. He offers to cast M A on Whisper, if Horek wants. Then he goes quietly toward the giants.

stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Elnaril and Parvo will also move forward towards the door stealthily.

Elnaril stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Parvo stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

I've already cast a mage armor for Whisper. If you look at my previous post you will see my prep.


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Sigh, those rolls are just embarrassing.


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

Mazrak will activate his Armor of Bones. He will then put up a Shield of Faith.

Then some Guidance with his stealth check as he knocks another arrow in his bow. He will follow behind the party in general.

Stealth + Guidance: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12

AC22 vs Giants AC26 HP46/(62FL)


I'll wait a little while for the others


Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 6 / Barbarian 1 | Init: +2 | Per: +11 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +8, Will: +6 | HP: 70 (of 83) | AC: 20, FF AC: 18, Touch AC: 12 | CMD: 20 | Attack: +1 Obsidian Greataxe +13/+8 [+15/+10 when 'Raging'] (1d12 +7 [+10 when 'Raging']) | Animal Companion: 'Whisper' - Large Wolf (7 HD) | Init: +2 | Per: +6 | Fort: +9, Reflex: +7 (Evasion), Will: +3 | HP: 57 (of 57) | AC: 19, FF AC: 17, Touch AC: 11 | CMD: 24 (28 vs Trip) | Attack: Bite +11 (1d8 +7) & Trip (CMB +12)

Horek nods his thanks as Elnaril boosts Whisper's strength with magic and then provides an arcane armor for his boon companion as well. He wipes the ettin's gore from his axe on the furs worn by the two-headed giant and then moves with the others in the direction of the building where they can hear the revelry, speaking softly in caution. "Even drunk, these giants will be dangerous, especially if there as many as it sounds like there are. Once we determine their numbers, we must decide on tactics that will shift the odds in our favor." The plainsman smiles grimly before continuing. "When battle is joined, it is likely that the thought of tactics will flee my mind entirely, but until then I am still a scout at heart. We need to get a feel for the lay of the land before alerting them to our presence."

As he and Whisper move closer to the entrance, Horek moves to one side so as to get a glimpse of the interior without exposing himself to any watchers from within.

Horek's Stealth Check (Favored Terrain): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 = 25

Whisper's Stealth Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Horek's Perception Check (Favored Terrain): 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 = 16 (+4 vs giants)

Moved myself on the map, I don't see an icon for Whisper, but figure she is right next to me. Let's be cautious folks, sounds like there's a lot of giants in there and a frontal assault is probably suicide. My thoughts are to check the front door and see what's there, and then circle the place, perhaps looking for other ways in before deciding on where we'll enter the steading. I'm traveling starting today and will be back next Tuesday. I might be able to post in the meantime, but more likely not. Please bot me as needed so I don't slow the game down. Thanks!

Current Buffs:
Whisper - Bull's Strength (+4 STR), Mage Armor (+4 AC)


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Hmm... Only seeing part of the map.


Wounds (17) NL (3) HP (70) AC30 (27/24/19, +3 DB) Saves (16/16/10 +2 DB, +2 vs Fire) Divine Bond (1/1) Initiative (+7) Panache (6/6) LoH 2d6 (9/9) Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity Resist (7)

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Eldric tried to sneak closer, doing the best he could. Sadly he wasn’t trained in this kind of subterfuge, rather he just did what came naturally. Which sadly, wasn’t very stealthy.


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste
Eldric Lightbringer wrote:

[dice=Stealth]1d20+5

Eldric tried to sneak closer, doing the best he could. Sadly he wasn’t trained in this kind of subterfuge, rather he just did what came naturally. Which sadly, wasn’t very stealthy.

Seltyn cast Invisibility on Eldric about a minute ago, so since he didn't attack anything, the spell is still up. He gets a +20 to stealth for 6+ minutes.

401 to 450 of 552 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ADQ Table 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.