ADQ table 1

Game Master chillblame

Sterich and Keoland
Raiding and destruction in Sterich. Heros are needed.
greyhawk gods


1 to 50 of 475 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

boom


A few Campaign rules

Could everyone please put the following on their profile line

Class, level and race. Initiative bonus. Perception bonus and save bonuses. HP, AC and CMD

I will roll initiative for each combat, and list any current effects in play. I will also list players current HP, and damage done to opponents.

When in combat, if you can note what spells are currently affecting you, and your current AC if different to your normal, that would be awesome.

I encourage roleplay and inventive play, but I also expect civility from everyone. Tension between characters is fine, but not open hostility.

I will be setting up a roll20 campaign for the purposes of maps only. If you can send me an email address, via a personal post, and I will send you an invite to the page. Roll20 has a free option, which is all you need, but you will need to subscribe to it. They aren't pushy with adds or things. I will set that up within a day or so.

On occasion, I will roll perception and saves for you, as needed.

This campaign will be quite dangerous, and carefully considered actions will be rewarded. Simple charging in and trusting to the gods will likely result in a short game. Be warned.

If for some reason you cannot post, please let me know. I will bot characters for a little while, but not forever. I understand real life can be very intrusive, and I will take that into account, but ghosting is not appreciated.

I hope we have a long and interesting game ahead


The meeting with the local commander is short, as he says that time is short and the need is great. Adventurers are asked to head to Istivin as quickly as possible. He gives you the Kings token so you will not be stopped by the forces of Sterich or Keoland, and offers horses for the journey.

You leave the Refugee camp at Garethsford, cross the river and begin pushing west. The lands are quiet, with only a few moving through the area to the Javan reiver, and safety. There are still villages occupied here, but it is a nervous place. The local militia is on guard and you are watched carefully It is forty leagues (one hundred and twenty miles) from the banks of the Javan to the capital of Sterich, and the roads are basic. No raiders seemed to have pushed into this area, but as you pass people fleeing east, they tell you of giants, gnolls, goblinoids and orcs on the attack.

As you approach Istivin, you feel like you are walking into an approaching storm. An electric tingle causes the hairs to rise of the backs of your necks, and the very air tastes sharp and acrid. A sense of unease grips you, and you think someone is watching you.

You push on, and cross a rise and can now see what has happened to Istivin from several miles away. You gaze in shock. The rumours of dark magic seems to be true. Where the towers of the Earl’s citadel should rise, there is instead a large, ebony sphere as if a god had taken the city and left in its place a huge black pearl. As the characters approach, they see that the hemisphere cuts through the city around the citadel like a knife, and buildings are literally cut in two by the perimeter of the black bubble.

About a half-mile from the city, you encounter a Keolandish patrol. The leader of this group says that the area is under the King’s protection and no one is permitted without the express consent of the King’s Agent. Further, any adventurers seeking to aid in repelling the evil that has befallen the area should report to the King’s Agent.

You are given directions to the base of the King’s Agent, and his name, Lashton. Following the directions, you find him is a palatial manor, outside Istivin. You are ushered into Lashton’s
chambers, which is filled with ornate pieces of art and other objects “rescued” from the city. The Agent is here with two other men, and he is bellowing something about an error in one of the books he is reading.

He looks at you as you are issued in. He is wearing a noble's outfit and has the badge of a mage of the King’s court.

Well, who the hells are you lot?

The guard who escorted you in says These are adventurers who have answered the king's call, your excellency.

Lashton looks you up and down. He doesn’t seem impressed.

Hmph. I guess standards have dropped. Well, if you are to take the King’s quest, you must understand that you obey my orders for the duration, and also those of the local military commanders. Though, of course, I supersede them. My authority comes from the King himself, as signified by his seal he has granted me.

He seats abruptly in a chair. Behind him, you see one of the other men, dressed as a priest of Pelor quietly sighs, and gently shakes his head. The second man is dressed in non-descript robes.

Lashton continues

Well, who are you? What are your skills, so I may know how to apply you to best effect?

Roll knowledge nobility if you want information on Lashton. DC 30 (he is pretty obscure)

DC 30 know nobility:
Lashton is minor nobility, from the south, and is ambitious to prove himself to the King. He is a rather potent wizard, having obtained a masters rank (higher than 9th level) He’s also known as a bit of a prat. It is odd the king trusts him on this, and that could explain the Priest of Pelor


Mazrak
Mazrak will look at the horse, "Horses. Hmmph!" He will then work hard to climb aboard the creature. But the Dwarf Oracle gets used to it and decides after a while that this is better than walking.

When brought before Lashton, "I am Mazrak from a Dwarven clan under the Juten. I have slain several Ogres." He points to the bleached Ogre skulls on his back. "I believed they were led by giants. But after seeing Istivin..." He hesitates to gather his words, "it looks like there may be a bigger problem."

The Dwarf Oracle pauses, "As to skills, I can fight. I am good with a bow. And I can provide some healing and other things when needed."

Finally he looks at the finely dressed man and simply says in his low matter-of-fact tone, "I am here to help."


Eldric Lightbringer
Eldric looked at the man who shared his habit with some relief. It was proof to him that, while the commander was boorish, they were truly on the side of the light. He stepped forward and brushed his robes as he did so as if to remove dirt from them or to straighten them out.

He was of average height, was completely bald, and was lean. While not weak by any stretch of the word, he was no half-orc warrior or howling barbarian. In fact, the only thing that would set him apart from any of his brother monks was the scales which began on his forearms and covered his fists.

”Lord, I am Eldric, and have been given the name ‘Lightbringer.’ I am but a servant of Pelor.” As he said this he held his right hand up, causing it to be engulfed by flames. ”And I have come to spread Pelor’s holy light into dark places. I am trained in fisticuffs, which as you can see, is of a more lethal variety than normal. But my lord has graced me with some minor healing abilities as well. Nowhere near as much as Ser Mazrak, but enough to aid his work when needed.” With that, he bowed politely so that another could speak.


Horek Varshot
Horek rides easily and during the journey to Istvin his allies meet the plainsman's close friend. About an hour outside of the village, Horek turns to his comrades and speaks. "It is time that you all meet Whisper. She has been my companion for many years and we fight well together. Where I go, so does she." Whistling loudly, the signal is answered in a few moments when an enormous grey wolf comes loping out of the nearby trees! It is obvious that the animal had been following her companion closely, but staying out of immediate view. Horek greets Whisper warmly, introducing her to each of his companions and making certain that the wolf has their scent. "Now she will fight for each of you as well, as strongly and as fiercely as I will." And with that, another is added to the company that rides to Istvin, in answer to the King's summons.

Approaching Istvin and after gazing at the ebon hemisphere for a long moment, Horek again sends Whisper out to hunt and forage until he returns. The plainsman knows that many townsfolk cannot understand the presence of such a large animal to be a good sign instead of ill. After entering the city and making the acquaintance of Lashton, he decides that his precaution was likely for the best. The haughty nobleman sets his teeth on edge, but Horek is careful to keep his voice neutral when he speaks. "My axe and bow are at the King's disposal, my lord. I have served as a scout in the service of several mercenary bands and I am skilled at surviving and spotting hidden dangers in the wilds. I am especially familiar with mountain travel, and I know much of the giants that are the enemy of these lands. I would fight them to the very end of my life, if you accept my blade."


Seltyn SevenLeaf
k. nobility: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Never heard of this guy. He seems to feel like he's important, though. Better just humour him.

Seltyn presents himself with a courteous bow.

Greetings from the elven peoples of Celene, my lord. I am Seltyn Sevenleaf, a wizard of some experience in combatting giants and the like. My magic can be used to aid my allies in eradicating the threat they pose, and I offer you my services.


Jeeves the Inimitable
Knowledge (nobles): 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 4 + (2) = 26

Sigh, well it was a long shot anyway.

Jeeves is a tall, well-muscled human male in his late thirties who wears well-kept travelling clothes of good manufacture. He carries a guisarme in his left hand that he uses as a walking stick, and has a longbow slung over his back.

Jeeves bows low before responding to the wizard. "Greetings, Lord Lashton. My name is Jeeves and I was formerly in the employ of Duke Haemish of Keoland until his untimely demise at the Battle of Seven Hills nigh a year ago. I have since been honoured to serve the crown of Keoland in matters of advisement and protection."


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Before leaving the refugee camp Elnaril takes a minute to summon Parvo, his dragon agathion eidolon. "This is Parvo, he is my companion and my main fighting strength. I hope we will all get along well."

Elnaril rides almost as easily as the plainsman and Parvo easily keeps up with the horses, sometime running and sometime taking short hopping flights into the sky. As the group approaches Istivin Parvo calms down and walks calmly and carefully behind Elnaril's horse.

When introduced to the King's man Elnaril bows and greets him in native and well spoken Keolandish.

"I greet you Lord Lashton. My name is Elnaril Ilikas. I am a user of the arcane and a summoner by birth. My magic is used to strengthen others and this is Parvo my soulbound summon, he is my most direct combat force."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

Elnaril is very polite and exudes likeability. He is of average height with a lean frame and dark coloration of hair and eyes.


Please send your email if you haven't already, and please include your characters name, please


Wounds (0) NL (3) HP (70) AC30 (27/24/19, +3 DB) Saves (16/16/10 +2 DB, +2 vs Fire) Divine Bond (1/1) Initiative (+7) Panache (6/6) LoH 2d6 (9/9) Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity Resist (7)

Dot


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield

"This is the place." -Brigham Young


Male M Human Ftr2/Inv5, Init +3, HP 60/48, AC 19/13/17, CMD 22, P +14(+16 v/traps), F +6, R +7(+8 v/traps), W +5(+7 v/ill,disb), Buffs: False Life

dot


Lashton looks each of you up and down, impressed by some, less so by others. He turns to the man beside the priest

Algorthas, make use of yourself. Explain the situation to them. I have an idea on how to use them, but i need to see some maps. Randos he continues in a more diffident tone perhaps you can aid me.

Of course Agent Lashton says the prefect of Pelor.

They move to another table. The other man steps up.

Well met. I am Algorthas, sometimes called the sage of Istivin, once an advisor to the Earl before this current problem. Let me explain what is happening.

He gestures to chairs

The nation of Sterich has always had to deal with the dangers of the non-human population of the Crystalmist mountains which make
up our western border. These mountains are the home of a large number of hostile races, including the various breeds of giant kind.
These giants have been conducting small raids against our western farms and towns for years, and a sizable portion of our militia has been devoted to protecting that portion of the realm. “Recently, however, the number and size of these raids has increased dramatically, and worse yet, they appear to be more coordinated
than is normal for such dull brutes. It has been confirmed that several giant leaders have emerged, and these leaders are rallying their people in a genocidal war against humankind. In normal times, the nation would be hard-pressed, and aid was requested from
Keoland. But to make matters worse, a fearsome spell has befallen the city of Istivin, cutting off all normal leadership. This foul magic first appeared a fortnight ago. Some say that a powerful demon appeared in the courtyard of the citadel. Some say that a gift from another country was instead a deadly trap. Some even say
the sage glances at Lashton that it is the result of meddling in arcane matters that were too powerful.
In any event, by the next morning, the entire citadel was covered by this black hemisphere. One of two things happens to those who approach the sphere. If they are strangers to the land, the sphere appears hard and solid as rock. If they are native-born, however, they can walk right through into the sphere itself. Those who entered, however, have never been seen again.
Spells seem not to affect the sphere, nor do physical attacks.

He sighs. It also seems to be growing by the day.


Wounds (0) NL (3) HP (70) AC30 (27/24/19, +3 DB) Saves (16/16/10 +2 DB, +2 vs Fire) Divine Bond (1/1) Initiative (+7) Panache (6/6) LoH 2d6 (9/9) Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity Resist (7)

”That is...all less than ideal.” Eldric began. ”An understatement, I know. How is it that we can be of assistance?” He truly hoped that it was just fighting giants, and not to enter the magical death-trap.


Agent Lashton returns with Prefect Randos at this point.
So you have explained it. Good. Now I fail to see how you can be of any use here, as none of you are master rank wizards, like myself he pauses for dramatic effect So you can deal with with the other problem.

Randos speaks, his voice a pleasing melody.
The giants are that problem. They are organised and too damn effective. We want you to find their headquarters, and destroy it. In the process, any information on what's going on would be greatly appreciated. He lays out a map.

Now the giants of this region are ogres, hill giants and a few trolls. He points at the map Head south, along the Dayish river to the Joten Mountains. The hill giant chieftain there is called Nosnra the glutton. Be wary, he is as cruel as a knife. He sighs

Unfortunately, the exact location of his steading is unknown, so you will have to search for it. But hopefully, you can find some clues there.

Algarthas adds There are some basic supplies you can draw upon before you go. Food, that sort of thing. You should get going as soon as possible. I suggest dressing warmly, the jotuns are very cool this time of year.

Any questions


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield

k. geography: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Yes. How cold would you say we should expect? Will warm clothing be enough, or would it be extreme cold requiring magical precautions? I may need to look at some scrolls, if any are available.


Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 6 / Barbarian 1 | Init: +2 | Per: +11 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +8, Will: +6 | HP: 83 (of 83) | AC: 20, FF AC: 18, Touch AC: 12 | CMD: 20 | Attack: +1 Obsidian Greataxe +13/+8 [+15/+10 when 'Raging'] (1d12 +7 [+10 when 'Raging']) | Animal Companion: 'Whisper' - Large Wolf (7 HD) | Init: +2 | Per: +6 | Fort: +9, Reflex: +7 (Evasion), Will: +3 | HP: 57 (of 57) | AC: 19, FF AC: 17, Touch AC: 11 | CMD: 24 (28 vs Trip) | Attack: Bite +11 (1d8 +7) & Trip (CMB +12)

Horek is thankful that he won't have to deal with the strange half-sphere of magic that appears to be... growing? The plainsman suppresses a shudder at the thought, and is eager to get out of Istvin as soon as possible.

Turning his mind to the journey they face, he speaks thoughtfully. "Cold weather gear, yes. Tents as well, for even of one of you has magic that can provide us shelter in case of storms, we might need them for emergencies. Extra rope and climbing gear we should take as well. We should also purchase a mount to carry the equipment so each of us can travel light." The experienced scout makes a few other suggestions in keeping with survival in the wilds - especially in the inhospitable climes of the Jotens.

OOC: I'd suggest we pool our coins together to buy some 'party equipment', if that works for everyone? Cold weather outfits for each of us, maybe a couple of climbing kits, a couple of tents (each large enough to hold three or four people), at least 200' of rope, maybe 10 days rations for each of us, an extra two waterskins each as well, a mule to carry the supplies... any other thoughts? Sounds like we can be supplied with some of this (or maybe all of it) from the powers that be. I'll work on a list.


Wounds (0) NL (3) HP (70) AC30 (27/24/19, +3 DB) Saves (16/16/10 +2 DB, +2 vs Fire) Divine Bond (1/1) Initiative (+7) Panache (6/6) LoH 2d6 (9/9) Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity Resist (7)

”All practical considerations, that we need not bother our lord with. As for the immediate need for information. Approximately how many giant-kin do we know of? And for this Nosnra, is he but a brute? And do we know of any divine or arcane support that he has at his call?”


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield
Horek Varshot wrote:


OOC: I'd suggest we pool our coins together to buy some 'party equipment', if that works for everyone? Cold weather outfits for each of us, maybe a couple of climbing kits, a couple of tents (each large enough to hold three or four people), at least 200' of rope, maybe 10 days rations for each of us, an extra two waterskins each as well, a mule to carry the supplies... any other thoughts? Sounds like we can be supplied with some of this (or maybe all of it) from the powers that be. I'll work on a list.

That sounds good.


Male M Human Ftr2/Inv5, Init +3, HP 60/48, AC 19/13/17, CMD 22, P +14(+16 v/traps), F +6, R +7(+8 v/traps), W +5(+7 v/ill,disb), Buffs: False Life

Jeeves clears his throat to get Algorthas' attention. "I don't mean to bother you, sir, but it seems that a mission as critical and dangerous as our deserves some additional support from the powers that be? After all, we will be risking our lives fighting giants in the bitter cold of the Crystalmists while others are snug in their blankets here in Istivin. Perhaps there are some spare magical trinkets that could be freed for our use for the duration of this vital mission?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 8 + (2) = 14


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

When the Sage of Istivin hesitates, "Well met, Agorthas. I am Mazrak. I am familiar with some of the Jotuns. It is a big place with many tall peaks. I do not know of this steading or of this Hill Giant Nosnra which you speak. But I know that the Ogres in the region have been more active. This Hill Giant may be leading them. And it don't take much to lead a bunch of Ogres."

At the end of Rando and Agorthas directions, "Dear sirs, can we keep the horses?"


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Elnaril looks at Horek with appreciation. "You seem to know your stuff, man of the plains. We will need to stock up on extra survival gear if we are going out into the bitter wilderness for the mission."

Elnaril then comments."I also agree with Mr. Jeeves, some extra assistance in that regard would be very useful. Even something as small as a wand of healing for Mazrak."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

Lastly he turns to Mazrak. "I'm not sure but it may be more convenient for horses if I were to summon them. It will save having to watch out for them if and when we assault the giants."


Male M Human Ftr2/Inv5, Init +3, HP 60/48, AC 19/13/17, CMD 22, P +14(+16 v/traps), F +6, R +7(+8 v/traps), W +5(+7 v/ill,disb), Buffs: False Life

Jeeves brightens considerably at the mention of the summoned horses. "Magical horses? That would be something, I we wouldn't have to worry about feeding them and letting them rest. Quite convenient if you ask me."


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

Mazrak will look at Elnaril, "Hmmm. You can do that? Well yes, that would be much better. Can they carry the equipment too?"


Seltyn Sevenleaf wrote:

[dice=k. geography]1d20+12

Yes. How cold would you say we should expect? Will warm clothing be enough, or would it be extreme cold requiring magical precautions? I may need to look at some scrolls, if any are available.

Algorthas answers Warm clothes and fire are essential. Cover as well. The Joten mountains do have many caves. However, some are occupied. Of course, magic can circumvent many problems.

make a diplomacy roll please


Horek Varshot wrote:

Horek is thankful that he won't have to deal with the strange half-sphere of magic that appears to be... growing? The plainsman suppresses a shudder at the thought, and is eager to get out of Istvin as soon as possible.

Turning his mind to the journey they face, he speaks thoughtfully. "Cold weather gear, yes. Tents as well, for even of one of you has magic that can provide us shelter in case of storms, we might need them for emergencies. Extra rope and climbing gear we should take as well. We should also purchase a mount to carry the equipment so each of us can travel light." The experienced scout makes a few other suggestions in keeping with survival in the wilds - especially in the inhospitable climes of the Jotens.

OOC: I'd suggest we pool our coins together to buy some 'party equipment', if that works for everyone? Cold weather outfits for each of us, maybe a couple of climbing kits, a couple of tents (each large enough to hold three or four people), at least 200' of rope, maybe 10 days rations for each of us, an extra two waterskins each as well, a mule to carry the supplies... any other thoughts? Sounds like we can be supplied with some of this (or maybe all of it) from the powers that be. I'll work on a list.

we can provide cold-weather gear, tents, that sort of thing at the expense of the crown


Eldric Lightbringer wrote:
”All practical considerations, that we need not bother our lord with. As for the immediate need for information. Approximately how many giant-kin do we know of? And for this Nosnra, is he but a brute? And do we know of any divine or arcane support that he has at his call?”

He has every hill giant in the Jotens under his sway, though it is not like he can command all of them. Lack of communication and a very loose command. Basically only those close to him, though he can call in others. Maybe twenty or thirty with him, a couple of hundred others. And lots of ogres. And a bugbear tribe hires out to him. Algorthas says. He frowns.

of course this seems to have changed recently. Still, most of the hill giants will likely be raiding.


As for magic...not usually. There is an Annis hag in the region, old Martha. A dangerous witch. But she and Nosnra don't get on. Nosnra's mate is said to be a cleric to a giant deity, but not too powerful.


Jeeves the Inimitable wrote:

Jeeves clears his throat to get Algorthas' attention. "I don't mean to bother you, sir, but it seems that a mission as critical and dangerous as our deserves some additional support from the powers that be? After all, we will be risking our lives fighting giants in the bitter cold of the Crystalmists while others are snug in their blankets here in Istivin. Perhaps there are some spare magical trinkets that could be freed for our use for the duration of this vital mission?"

[dice=Diplomacy]1d20+8+1d6

I'm sorry, but we have none to spare. There are some merchants in the manor grounds, some might be selling.


Mazrak the Forlorn wrote:

When the Sage of Istivin hesitates, "Well met, Agorthas. I am Mazrak. I am familiar with some of the Jotuns. It is a big place with many tall peaks. I do not know of this steading or of this Hill Giant Nosnra which you speak. But I know that the Ogres in the region have been more active. This Hill Giant may be leading them. And it don't take much to lead a bunch of Ogres."

At the end of Rando and Agorthas directions, "Dear sirs, can we keep the horses?"

mazrak:
You have heard of a hill giant leader, but not his name. The ogres are scared of him. apparently he enslaves them

Randos says We will replace the horse with fresh remounts if you wish, but they will be of little use in the mountains. Too rough

It is a bit of ninety miles to where you are going, and most of that is rolling plains. bit of a judgement call


Elnaril Ilikas wrote:

Elnaril looks at Horek with appreciation. "You seem to know your stuff, man of the plains. We will need to stock up on extra survival gear if we are going out into the bitter wilderness for the mission."

Elnaril then comments."I also agree with Mr. Jeeves, some extra assistance in that regard would be very useful. Even something as small as a wand of healing for Mazrak."

[dice=Diplomacy]1d20+14

Lastly he turns to Mazrak. "I'm not sure but it may be more convenient for horses if I were to summon them. It will save having to watch out for them if and when we assault the giants."

nice diplomacy roll

Now that I think about it, we do have a few scrolls and potions spare. You can have them if you wish.

spare items:
scroll of endure elements x2 (divine), Two potions of cure moderate wounds, two potions of lesser restoration, scroll of mount (10th level cast)


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

"If there is a town or city near the mountains that we could leave the horses at that would be fine otherwise it may be better to rely on us. Also, Reeves, although these are summoned mounts they are still real animals. While you can get away with not feeding them, the can be ridden to hard and die. I have heard of mages using them for this exact purpose and for the record I disapprove."


Algorthas says There are no towns in that region. It is fairly empty really, a militia fort, a few villages. Likely gone now.

So no riding the conjured beast the death??? Sorry, in-joke :D


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

The Dwarf Oracle will look at Rando and shrug, "Good point. Walking works too. I am kinda used to that anyway."


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield

As requested:

diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Wow.

Yes. The right magic at the right time can overcome many things. Do you have any magic you can offer? I stand in the company of some very capable folk. Any item or spell could make a big difference. I may have the time to copy a few spells, even, should a wizard be willing to share spellbooks with me.


Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 6 / Barbarian 1 | Init: +2 | Per: +11 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +8, Will: +6 | HP: 83 (of 83) | AC: 20, FF AC: 18, Touch AC: 12 | CMD: 20 | Attack: +1 Obsidian Greataxe +13/+8 [+15/+10 when 'Raging'] (1d12 +7 [+10 when 'Raging']) | Animal Companion: 'Whisper' - Large Wolf (7 HD) | Init: +2 | Per: +6 | Fort: +9, Reflex: +7 (Evasion), Will: +3 | HP: 57 (of 57) | AC: 19, FF AC: 17, Touch AC: 11 | CMD: 24 (28 vs Trip) | Attack: Bite +11 (1d8 +7) & Trip (CMB +12)

Horek seems both keenly interested in the idea of summoned horses and somehow... disturbed. "Where do they come from, Elnaril? And where do they go when we are done with them? If each of us can ride, we can distribute the gear among all the animals in saddlebags. That will allow us to travel faster than we would with a mule."


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Elnaril seems more than willing to provide exposition on the theories of summoning. "Well some people think that summons are spirits given form and some believe that they are magical copies of creatures from other places. And of course there is an outlier theory that they are actual creatures transported from other places."


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

Mazrak listens to Elnaril's comments about Summoning, "I sometimes asks for help, and they show up. From where I do not know." He ponders things for a moment, "They respond to my commands, but we don't get into too much of conversation."

He hesitates then says, "But to bring in a horse for the whole day, now that is something I can't do."


Wounds (0) NL (3) HP (70) AC30 (27/24/19, +3 DB) Saves (16/16/10 +2 DB, +2 vs Fire) Divine Bond (1/1) Initiative (+7) Panache (6/6) LoH 2d6 (9/9) Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity Resist (7)

”Given that we will be moving into the territory of trolls and giants, it will certainly be a boon to not have to worry about safeguarding our mounts. I have no more questions at this time. Perhaps it is time to take our leave, so that we might discuss the mundane matters of preparation away from our distinguished hosts?”


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Elnaril looks sheepishly around realizing he may have embarrassed himself being too enthusiastic about the topic. "Uh, yes, right we should do that."


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield

Seltyn will gratefully accept the items offered.

Thank you for your generosity, Prefect. These things will surely find use in our efforts. We will take them and get started.

He takes: scroll of endure elements x2 (divine), Two potions of cure moderate wounds, two potions of lesser restoration, scroll of mount (10th level cast).

Seltyn has a Handy Haversack, so he can carry a lot of stuff. I'm presuming we can just grab some supplies and start walking.


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield

I just realized he wasn't talking to me. D'oh! Oh, well. Seltyn can still carry the stuff.


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

It's all good. Elnaril doesn't really have any carrying capacity anyway.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male M Human Ftr2/Inv5, Init +3, HP 60/48, AC 19/13/17, CMD 22, P +14(+16 v/traps), F +6, R +7(+8 v/traps), W +5(+7 v/ill,disb), Buffs: False Life
Elnaril Ilikas wrote:
It's all good. Elnaril doesn't really have any carrying capacity anyway.

That's what your servant is for!


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield

I think Eldric should accept Jeeves's service. He's a monk/paladin, and bound by rules of fairness. He would never abuse such a relationship, and Jeeves would always be free to leave his service at any time. Honor kept.


Wounds (0) NL (3) HP (70) AC30 (27/24/19, +3 DB) Saves (16/16/10 +2 DB, +2 vs Fire) Divine Bond (1/1) Initiative (+7) Panache (6/6) LoH 2d6 (9/9) Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity Resist (7)

But what would he need a servant for, as a humble monk and commoner? I believe an elven mage would have much more use of his talents ;)


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield
Eldric Lightbringer wrote:
But what would he need a servant for, as a humble monk and commoner? I believe an elven mage would have much more use of his talents ;)

You make a good point. Seltyn could have a servant, and he wouldn't abuse such a relationship, either. The only servants he's had are the unseen servants that come with the Secure Shelter spell, and he doesn't really need them. They can't give neck massages.


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield

Seltyn speaks to Jeeves.

You know, what with all my wizard studies, I never learned to do combat very well. I could use a bodyguard. You seem like a stout fellow. Who have you served in the past, and in what capacities?


Male M Human Ftr2/Inv5, Init +3, HP 60/48, AC 19/13/17, CMD 22, P +14(+16 v/traps), F +6, R +7(+8 v/traps), W +5(+7 v/ill,disb), Buffs: False Life

Jeeves perks up quite a bit when Seltyn asks him the question.

"Well, my last master was Baron Frogmorten of Keoland. I was with him until the barony was dissolved during the recent troubles. After that I have been freelancing, but have not had serious employment. I am trained as a bodyguard, but helped my last master with inquiries into various subjects, so I know quite a bit about many things."

1 to 50 of 475 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ADQ Table 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.