ADQ table 1

Game Master chillblame

Sterich and Keoland
Raiding and destruction in Sterich. Heros are needed.
greyhawk gods


101 to 150 of 537 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Parvo can you pick you up and put you on a rooftop. Preferably by the seat of yer britches. lol


Mazrak the Forlorn wrote:
Mazrak has stated his thoughts, but will yield to whatever direction the party takes.

A deep, gravelly voice starts speaking, speaking in the tongue of the giants. The party is busy dealing with the dead when it happens. Looking shows the voice is coming from a dead ogre near Mazrak.

giantish:
Yes

Then
giantish:
three days travel. South, near broken mountain.

perception 15:
Mazrak it talking to the ogre

perception 20:
Mazrak is questioning it

perception 25:
the questions are 1.)Can you give me directions to the Hill Giant Nosnra's location? 2.)How far away is he? 3.)In what direction is his steading?

The ogre falls silent, back into the embrace of death.


Eldric Lightbringer wrote:
”One head. Atop the enemy dead. Of whomever appeared to be a leader. Enough to send a message. To do it to all of them would be just to revel in an already unpleasant and morally questionable deed.”

Make a knowledge local roll to determine if an ogre leader is amongst the dead, DC 25


Horek Varshot wrote:

[dice=Survival Check]1d20+11 (additional +3 to identify/follow tracks)

Horek studies the ground intently, then speaks. "Ogre and orc tracks, and some wagons were loaded and taken south." He hears the words of his comrades, but doesn't speak as he gazes around the site of the massacre, his face stony and grim. Memories of his own village rise up in his mind and the ranger feels the rage building in his blood, but he forces it away. Not now. Soon, though. Soon enough there will be an enemy to kill, and then he will let his own animal spirit cry out for vengeance.

As though sensing his inner anguish, Whisper steps to his side and presses her muzzle against his side. Absently, he strokes the wolf's soft fur as he once again studies the tracks and follows their path to the south with his eyes while the others decide how to deal with the dead enemy and the villagers. He will help them of course, once a plan is made. But his thoughts are elsewhere, far to the south - or perhaps not so far. Soon.

OOC: Sheesh, another wasted crit? Chill, maybe I can glean some additional information with that roll? Perhaps numbers, how long ago they were left, if they had prisoners, etc. Hopefully I can follow them for awhile too?

good point

Horek carefully examines the ground

horek:
you see the trail clearly, heading mostly south. Seven ogres and twenty orcs, plus four wagons. The wagons are being pulled by dire boars, and at least half the orcs are mounted on them as well. That makes them from the gut ripper tribe of orcs, who ride those instead of dire wolves. An unsavory lot, even by orc standards. Some blood indicates some are wounded. And lastly, it does seem as if some live prisoners were taken. The evil party is moving quickly, and left here about six hours ago.


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Without much hope of figuring out which is the leader Elnaril will look over the dead ogres.

Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Then again miracles happen.


wow

ogre leader? Know local dc25:
you are fairly certain none of these are a leader


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

percep: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

k. local: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

I've never rolled so many 20s! I suppose that will go away as soon as we enter combat... lol

Excellent work, Mazrak! Your divine magic is very good!

Seltyn sees Horek carefully examining what for him are undecipherable marks on the ground, a bit envious of the ranger's skill.

What can you make of these tracks, Horek?


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

k.local: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

I can't tell which of these ogres was the most important. Oh, well. Any ogre head will do...


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

Mazrak will listen to Seltyn, "I don't know what you call it, but the dead speak to me. They always have, well... mostly." Mazrak shrugs, "But indeed any Ogre head will do."

Then the Oracle will tell the party, "Where we need to go is three days South, near what is called the "Broken Mountain." He pauses, "I don't know this Broken Mountain. It may be obvious to us once we get near to where we are going."

Then he asks, "Shall we rest here for the night?"


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

"It looks like none of these ogres were of a leadership role. It seems even dumb beasts know to send in the weakest as shield."


Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 6 / Barbarian 1 | Init: +2 | Per: +11 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +8, Will: +6 | HP: 70 (of 83) | AC: 20, FF AC: 18, Touch AC: 12 | CMD: 20 | Attack: +1 Obsidian Greataxe +13/+8 [+15/+10 when 'Raging'] (1d12 +7 [+10 when 'Raging']) | Animal Companion: 'Whisper' - Large Wolf (7 HD) | Init: +2 | Per: +6 | Fort: +9, Reflex: +7 (Evasion), Will: +3 | HP: 57 (of 57) | AC: 19, FF AC: 17, Touch AC: 11 | CMD: 24 (28 vs Trip) | Attack: Bite +11 (1d8 +7) & Trip (CMB +12)

Perception Check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Horek's reaction when the giantish voice begins grumbling is instinctive, the huge obsidian-bladed axe is suddenly at the ready in the iron grip of his weathered hands and his hawk-like gaze sweeps the surrounding area, searching for the source. When his eyes lock on the head of the dead giant, the plainsman is at first puzzled, but then he nods in understanding - or somewhat at least. The dwarf is questioning the dead creature using magic, though he cannot understand the words. Considering their present situation, Horek decides that learning the giantish tongue might be beneficial and makes a mental note to speak to Mazrak about the idea.

In response to Seltyn, the ranger speaks the details of what the tracks told him. "I count seven ogres, twenty orcs and four wagons - each of those being pulled by dire boars. At least half the orcs are mounted on those beasts as well, which makes them Gut Rippers. That tribe of orcs prefers dire boars to wolves and they are a very nasty group, trust me. I've run into a few of them once or twice during my time as a scout."

The plainsman pauses and gazes at each of his companions earnestly. "They have prisoners. Alive. Or they are for now, at least. They are moving fast and they have a six hour headstart." Horek shakes his head. "I think we should press on at speed. Perhaps we can catch them, and even if we do we are badly outnumbered. But we cannot let those villagers face an evil fate if we can do something to stop it." Whisper pads up beside the ranger and he absently rubs her behind the ears as he waits to hear what the others have to say.

OOC: I feel just like Aragorn in The Tower Towers movie! And yeesh, yeah it's kind of worrisome, isn't it? Lots of great dice rolls now... terrible ones coming later when our lives are at stake? Maybe we've just got a really good player table! I'm hoping it's that! :)


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste
Mazrak the Forlorn wrote:

Mazrak will listen to Seltyn, "I don't know what you call it, but the dead speak to me. They always have, well... mostly." Mazrak shrugs, "But indeed any Ogre head will do."

Then the Oracle will tell the party, "Where we need to go is three days South, near what is called the "Broken Mountain." He pauses, "I don't know this Broken Mountain. It may be obvious to us once we get near to where we are going."

Then he asks, "Shall we rest here for the night?"

It's getting dark. They'll have to stop, too. Let's get some rest, summon some fresh horses in the morning, and ride hard until we catch up to them.

Seltyn will cast 3 or 4 Mount spells. He's got a lot of 1st level spell slots. If Elnarin can cast 2 or 3, we're good to go. Also, I said the spell lasts 7 hours. That was wrong. We get 14 hours, so we've got rides as long as we need them, basically.


Wounds (17) NL (3) HP (70) AC30 (27/24/19, +3 DB) Saves (16/16/10 +2 DB, +2 vs Fire) Divine Bond (1/1) Initiative (+7) Panache (6/6) LoH 2d6 (9/9) Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity Resist (7)

”That sounds reasonable. We should leave then, at first light.”

For when we mount up and hit the road. Conversation in spoilers so it doesn’t stop the rest of the story from progressing:

Once they were moving, Eldric moved up to Mazrak. He had spoken to the dwarf back in the tavern, when the groups of mercenaries and adventurers had been assembled. He wondered where the others were sent off to.

”My friend. About what happened back there, when you spoke to the ogres. I am curious, about the power you displayed.” He said, cautiously. Necromancy was often a taboo subject, but Eldric was open minded enough to know that not all such magic was evil. What mattered was whether damage or enslavement was done to a soul. He didn’t want to offend, but he also wanted to know the nature of his companions.


The Gm slowly blinks his eyes, at the high rolls. And smiles Also as a note, you have travelled for four hours to this point. Continuing will have problems, such as force marching fatigue. After another four hours of travel, fatigue rolls will need to be made. But then again, the same for your quarry. Maybe they will stop?


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Their mounts will have to rest for the night. That said, depending on how much light we have left, we could ride until it's too dark to go on. The sooner we get to them, the better the chances they will still have some live prisoners.


After giving the dead their rest, the party mounts up and continues.

Designate the main tracker (Horek I assume) with other people aiding if they want. I need eight tracking rolls. Also assuming you don't stop, I need four Constitution rolls, DC's 10, 11, 12, 13. If you fail you take damage (see below) This damage is subdual, recovered if you rest. Some magic will counter the damage

force march hour one: 1d6 ⇒ 6

force march hour two: 1d6 ⇒ 6

force march hour three: 1d6 ⇒ 4

force march hour four: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Wounds (17) NL (3) HP (70) AC30 (27/24/19, +3 DB) Saves (16/16/10 +2 DB, +2 vs Fire) Divine Bond (1/1) Initiative (+7) Panache (6/6) LoH 2d6 (9/9) Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity Resist (7)

Fort: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29
Fort: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31
Fort: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
Fort: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18

Having an iron constitution has its benefits.


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Seltyn takes 12. He's fine.


This is a con roll, not a fort roll, I believe. However I will check

Edit Yes it is a con check, and I made an error on the DCs. They are 10, 12, 14, and 16.


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

Mazrak ponders the situation after to listening to Horek, "Hmm. Six hours head start is a lot. I say we close the gap as much as we can before we need rest."

Con Roll Hour One: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 71d6 ⇒ 6

Hour Two: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Hour Three: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Hour Four: 1d6 ⇒ 2

So, Mazrak will take 12 points of Non-lethal Damage. I am sure his False Life will have worn off as well. That is if we push on the full four hours. At least Mazrak stays back in combat...well mostly.

AC20 34(12 non-lethal)/46

@Eldric and anyone else who wants to listen in:
When the time and opportunity permits, "Some call it a gift. I call it a curse. You know there is a difference between the dead and the undead. I do not talk to the Undead. They are fully evil and cannot be trusted. But the dead talk to me, whether they were good, or evil, or otherwise in life...well most times. For a long while I could ask one question. Many would come to me and want an answer from their loved ones, and I would tell them, "I can only ask one question." But over time it was two, and now three questions. Sometimes it looks as though they may answer a fourth, but alas I have not had one yet give me four answers." The Oracle sighs, "But it is a curse, though sometimes a useful curse." He sighs again, "Many have had reservations as you have. I have reservations myself. But I was given this ability for a purpose, and maybe that purpose is to use this ability to stop this evil threat we now face." The Forlorn just sighs again and looks down.


Wounds (17) NL (3) HP (70) AC30 (27/24/19, +3 DB) Saves (16/16/10 +2 DB, +2 vs Fire) Divine Bond (1/1) Initiative (+7) Panache (6/6) LoH 2d6 (9/9) Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity Resist (7)

Eldric and Mazrak conversation:

Eldric listened as the dwarf spoke, and when it seemed that he had fallen into a sad silent, the Aasimar put a hand on Mazrak’s shoulder.

”I believe that I understand how you feel. As you can no doubt see, my hands and arms are scaled.” He waved one hand with a slight smile. ”It led to my parents abandoning me, and more than one instance of being called...unpleasant...names.” He shrugged at the memory. ”But is it a curse? Through it I found Pelor, and he lights my way. I am content with who I am. And this deformity, is it a curse or a blessing? It is what I make of it, and how I use it. And your power is no different. So long as you do not harm the dead, and use your power to aid the living, How is that a curse? I can but imagine what solace you have brought to the grieving. And even now, your ability may yet save lives. So cheer up, and thank the gods for their blessings. Even if we do not have the vision to see it as such.”


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste
chillblame wrote:

This is a con roll, not a fort roll, I believe. However I will check

Edit Yes it is a con check, and I made an error on the DCs. They are 10, 12, 14, and 16.

con: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

con: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
con: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
con: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Seltyn takes 18. He's feeling really tired.

Str 8, Dex 14, can't run or charge. But he can still cast spells.


Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 6 / Barbarian 1 | Init: +2 | Per: +11 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +8, Will: +6 | HP: 70 (of 83) | AC: 20, FF AC: 18, Touch AC: 12 | CMD: 20 | Attack: +1 Obsidian Greataxe +13/+8 [+15/+10 when 'Raging'] (1d12 +7 [+10 when 'Raging']) | Animal Companion: 'Whisper' - Large Wolf (7 HD) | Init: +2 | Per: +6 | Fort: +9, Reflex: +7 (Evasion), Will: +3 | HP: 57 (of 57) | AC: 19, FF AC: 17, Touch AC: 11 | CMD: 24 (28 vs Trip) | Attack: Bite +11 (1d8 +7) & Trip (CMB +12)

Horek's weathered, grim face creases into a smile as his stout companions agree to press on despite the coming darkness. "I will do what I can to continue to track our quarry. Pray that we run them down in time to save those villagers that survived. And death to those that have taken them!" The ranger's countenance is fierce as he climbs atop one of the summoned steeds and heads south, leading the party in pursuit of the evil band of giants and their allies, Whisper loping along beside him.

The plainsman hears the conversation going on between his allies, but the topic is of little interest to him and besides the task at hand takes all of his concentration. The tracks are difficult to discern in places and the coming darkness doesn't make it any easier. Fortunately Whisper is there to assist him when things get particularly tough. Horek lights a torch when the light fails entirely and presses on, pushing past the threat of exhaustion as he forces himself to think of the plight of the prisoners they are seeking to rescue.

Survival Checks for GM:

Survival Check (following tracks): 1d20 + 11 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 3 + 2 = 24
Survival Check (following tracks): 1d20 + 11 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 3 = 28
Survival Check (following tracks): 1d20 + 11 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 3 + 2 = 24
Survival Check (following tracks): 1d20 + 11 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 3 + 2 = 17
Survival Check (following tracks): 1d20 + 11 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 3 + 2 = 19
Survival Check (following tracks): 1d20 + 11 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 3 + 2 = 18
Survival Check (following tracks): 1d20 + 11 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 3 + 2 = 31
Survival Check (following tracks): 1d20 + 11 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 3 = 17

Whisper's Aid Another Survival Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 vs DC 10 = Success!
Whisper's Aid Another Survival Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 vs DC 10 = Failure!
Whisper's Aid Another Survival Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 vs DC 10 = Success!
Whisper's Aid Another Survival Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 vs DC 10 = Success!
Whisper's Aid Another Survival Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 vs DC 10 = Success!
Whisper's Aid Another Survival Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 vs DC 10 = Success!
Whisper's Aid Another Survival Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 vs DC 10 =Success!
Whisper's Aid Another Survival Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 vs DC 10 = Failure!

CON Check (w/Endurance feat bonus): 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 4 = 20 vs DC 10 = Success!
CON Check (w/Endurance feat bonus): 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 4 = 22 vs DC 12 = Success!
CON Check (w/Endurance feat bonus): 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 4 = 23 vs DC 14 = Success!
CON Check (w/Endurance feat bonus): 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 4 = 17 vs DC 16 = Success!

OOC: GM, I rolled Whisper's 'Aid Another' as she is trained in Survival and has the 'trick' of Track as well. I've gone back and added those successes to my own Survival checks as you can see, so my totals include Whisper's help - when she got a success at any rate. Anyone else want to assist? Got a few really low rolls there in the middle and an additional +2 (or more, with a few successful 'aid another' successes) could help out!


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

Mazrak listens to Eldric. Then the Oracle offers the Aasimar his hand to shake with a nod in the affirmative, and maybe a hint of a smile.


Male M Human Ftr2/Inv5, Init +3, HP 60/48, AC 19/13/17, CMD 22, P +14(+16 v/traps), F +6, R +7(+8 v/traps), W +5(+7 v/ill,disb), Buffs: False Life

Con Check 1 vs DC 10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21, success!
Con Check 2 vs DC 12: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21, success!
Con Check 3 vs DC 14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9, failure and take 6 points of subdual
Con Check 4 vs DC 16: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11, failure and take 4 points of subdual

Jeeves mutters under his breath and pulls out a slight wooden wand, moving it about experimentally while intoning general mystic phrases. UMD to activate wand vs. DC 21: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25, Healing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5;Charges remaining 49/50

He then looks around after their long journey. "Anyone else need a quick charge-up?" Jeeves then turns to the elf wizard. "Seltyn, you seem to be a bit fatigued. Care for some relief?"


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

Mazrak will see Jeeves use a charge from a Healing wand, "Hold up there good sir. Save them for when I am out, or not readily available."

Mazrak will first touch Seltyn.

CMW: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (4, 5) + 7 = 16

Seltyn has 16 points restored.

Then Jeeves.

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

With the charge from the wand, you should be good.

Then himself.

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

AC20 42(4 non-lethal)/46...close enough

Mazrak will look at the others, "Anyone else need healing?"


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Thank you, Jeeves, but Mazrak has us covered. And thank you, Mazrak. I feel fine now. Let's find those ogres and give 'em hell.


Wounds (17) NL (3) HP (70) AC30 (27/24/19, +3 DB) Saves (16/16/10 +2 DB, +2 vs Fire) Divine Bond (1/1) Initiative (+7) Panache (6/6) LoH 2d6 (9/9) Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity Resist (7)

LoH: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

Eldric touched his hand to his chest. The flames which cams were golden in hue. ”I am fine, friend. But thank you.”


Male M Human Ftr2/Inv5, Init +3, HP 60/48, AC 19/13/17, CMD 22, P +14(+16 v/traps), F +6, R +7(+8 v/traps), W +5(+7 v/ill,disb), Buffs: False Life

Jeeves places a hand over his heart and gives a low bow in the dwarven tradition. "Thank you, Master Mazrak."


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

"My pleasure, Master Jeeves. Forgive me for not coming to your aid earlier." The Dwarf returns Jeeves bow in the Dwarven tradition. "Please good sir, feel free to come to me when you need aid at any time."

Then Mazrak will address the party, "The same is true for all of you. As long as I am able, and the blessings are coming forth, I will render healing and aid to the best of my abilities whenever it is needed."


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

We are in your debt, Master Mazrak. Let's find those ogres and orcs and save the poor people they took.


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Con Check vs DC 10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Con Check vs DC 12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d6 ⇒ 4
Con Check vs DC 14: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d6 ⇒ 2
Con Check vs DC 16: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d6 ⇒ 5

"Horek, before we go into battle I shall give Whisper a spell to protect her. It should make the fight safer for her. Eldric would you like an armouring spell?"


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

I have a Haste spell prepared which I can cast on all of you. It will make you faster and more accurate in battle. Let me get that spell working before we close with those beasts.


Wounds (17) NL (3) HP (70) AC30 (27/24/19, +3 DB) Saves (16/16/10 +2 DB, +2 vs Fire) Divine Bond (1/1) Initiative (+7) Panache (6/6) LoH 2d6 (9/9) Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity Resist (7)

”If you may, it would be appreciated. These bracers I wear provide about as much protection as, well...I would say quilted cloth. Enough to stop an arrow from a distance, but not much more.”


Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 6 / Barbarian 1 | Init: +2 | Per: +11 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +8, Will: +6 | HP: 70 (of 83) | AC: 20, FF AC: 18, Touch AC: 12 | CMD: 20 | Attack: +1 Obsidian Greataxe +13/+8 [+15/+10 when 'Raging'] (1d12 +7 [+10 when 'Raging']) | Animal Companion: 'Whisper' - Large Wolf (7 HD) | Init: +2 | Per: +6 | Fort: +9, Reflex: +7 (Evasion), Will: +3 | HP: 57 (of 57) | AC: 19, FF AC: 17, Touch AC: 11 | CMD: 24 (28 vs Trip) | Attack: Bite +11 (1d8 +7) & Trip (CMB +12)

Horek nods at Elnaril, giving the half-elf a brief smile as he takes a short break from his tracking. "That would be well received, for Whisper is my boon companion. I would risk my own life for her, as she would for me." The plainsman also nods at Seltyn's suggestion. "A quick blade is the best way to defeat the giants and their foul allies. Depending on the odds we will face, we must surely devise a plan that will not only allow us to survive the battle, but also to free those held prisoners before they are put to death. When we run down our quarry, we must speak of tactics before running headlong into battle."


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Agreed, wise woodsman. The safety of the prisoners must come first. When we find them, we will make a plan to bring swift death to our foes, and get those people out alive.

For practice, Seltyn casts Message, and demonstrates how it works.

Message

It can help us communicate when we're close, but are trying to be quiet.

Can you hear me now?


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Elnaril nods. "Yes, I know that spell. I have travelled with other mages that have used it. But none with the same level of skill."


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

Mazrak has seldom traveled with others. He is intrigued by Seltyn's spell. The Oracle whispers back, "I can hear you."

And now out loud, "Let's go kill some Orcs." The Dwarf smiles at the possibility to battle one of his hated foes.


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Elnaril communicates with Parvo while readying for the hard ride.
"Pavro, ride the winds above us, stay hidden and tell us when we are close to the ogres."

Elnaril tells the others of his orders."Parvo will fly above us and tell us when they are in sight."


M Agathion Eidolon 6 +6 Perc , F +7, R +8, W +2 (+4 morale bonus vs. ench spells and effects)+4 bonus vs. poison, +4 bonus vs. petrification, 51 HP, 29 AC, 24 CMD

Parvo croons a response and takes to the air as we start riding. He alternates between pumping his wings hard and long duration gliding to keep up.


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

Mazrak comes up and touches Elnaril.

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Elnaril recovers 13 hps.


As the party travels the trackers notice that the numbers of the creatures seem to be growing a bit, as other parties unite with it. You press on.

The night passes as you move on, supported by magic and endurance, despite the dangers. The trail is easy to follow, and the moon has risen. Finally, you cross a ridge and see fires in the distance. A slight drizzle of rain mists the area, but the enemy encampment is clear. It looks like perhaps thirty orcs now, with an equivalent number of dire boar mounts. And ten ogres. But towering over them is a taller figure, wielding a great axe of tremendous size.

DC 19 know local:
a frost giant

Most of the ogres and orcs seem to be sleeping, while the giant is drinking from a huge flagon with another couple of ogres.

A huge creature is nearby. It looks like an elephant, but bigger. And hairier.

DC 21 know nature:
A Mammoth

With the hairy elephant are a collection of cattle, horses and sheep, obviously captures. Also with them are two wagons, with five tied captives.

You are about 200 feet away, in good cover. The raiders are not aware of you.


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Did Parvo see them from a longer distance first so we had more time to prepare? If so Elnaril will cast a mage armour on Whisper and Eldric.

Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

k. local: 10 + 13 = 23

That's a frost giant. They're vulnerable to fire, but they know that, and some use magic to compensate.

k.nature: 10 + 12 = 22

And that's a mammoth. We don't want to tangle with that, if we can avoid it. I suspect that's the giant's mount. Kill the giant, he can't ride it.

We'll need a map to really plan this, but I have a few ideas. Our first objective is getting the people to relative safety. Seltyn can make one of us invisible, and use See Invisibility to not fry him before he gets them out.

Phase 2 involves a lot of fireballs and arrows. We soften them up before our Hasted fighters close and finish them off. We have time to brainstorm a bit. Ideas?

Also, happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!


Wounds (17) NL (3) HP (70) AC30 (27/24/19, +3 DB) Saves (16/16/10 +2 DB, +2 vs Fire) Divine Bond (1/1) Initiative (+7) Panache (6/6) LoH 2d6 (9/9) Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity Resist (7)

Happy thanksgiving! And yes, I think surprise round fireballs vs the orcs will make this fight manageable


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

Happy Thanksgiving to all no matter where you are from.

Mazrak will say that he can create an illusion, "...of say, a huge Fire Elemental to distract some of them, and maybe give the Frost Giant something to think about."

Minor Image spell

AC20 42(4 non-lethal)/46


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Great idea, Mazrak. Put it between him and the mammoth. That should keep him off it for a while. I'll Fireball the monsters closest to the wagon first, and keep them away from the prisoners so they can get away.

Seltyn suggests that we make Jeeves invisible, have him sneak in and deal with whatever lock may be on the wagon (assuming it's the typical rolling cage), free the people and begin to lead them away. They'll be safe with him guarding them.

We start the surprise round the second any of the monsters notices that the humans are escaping. Then we make boom-boom. Seltyn has some spells and scrolls to help with buffs, too.


Male M Human Ftr2/Inv5, Init +3, HP 60/48, AC 19/13/17, CMD 22, P +14(+16 v/traps), F +6, R +7(+8 v/traps), W +5(+7 v/ill,disb), Buffs: False Life

Happy Thanksgiving to those that celebrate it!

Can I see what the various groups are armed with? Melee and ranged or just melee? Will we have to worry about return missile fire?

Jeeves lies down flat to hide himself behind as much cover as he can while still having oversight of the enemy.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

He then whispers to the others.

"I can quickly craft a potion to transform my appearance to that of an orc. Perhaps I could sneak into the camp and free the humans before we begin our attack. "


Male M Human Ftr2/Inv5, Init +3, HP 60/48, AC 19/13/17, CMD 22, P +14(+16 v/traps), F +6, R +7(+8 v/traps), W +5(+7 v/ill,disb), Buffs: False Life

And in the meantime I drink down an extract of false life.
False Life: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Elnaril will go all out for this fight. Bull's Strength on Parvo, Jeeves and Whisper. Shield on Parvo (last first level)and Resist Energy (Fire).

"I've got another idea. You see Parvo here is pretty tough and with my spells he's even tougher. What if Parvo jumps into the middle of the orcs while Jeeves is freeing the captives to draw them in while Seltyn fireballs the crowd. Parvo can take it." Fire resist 20 even if it fails the save(evasion). And don't forget Whisper and Eldric gets mage armor as well. However after this Elnaril is completely tapped out.

101 to 150 of 537 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ADQ Table 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.