ADQ table 1

Game Master chillblame

Sterich and Keoland
Raiding and destruction in Sterich. Heros are needed.
greyhawk gods


451 to 500 of 545 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

fog of war is enabled so much of the map is hidden. Horek@ I will get an icon for whisper

The door is in front of you. Actions?


Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 6 / Barbarian 1 | Init: +2 | Per: +11 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +8, Will: +6 | HP: 70 (of 83) | AC: 20, FF AC: 18, Touch AC: 12 | CMD: 20 | Attack: +1 Obsidian Greataxe +13/+8 [+15/+10 when 'Raging'] (1d12 +7 [+10 when 'Raging']) | Animal Companion: 'Whisper' - Large Wolf (7 HD) | Init: +2 | Per: +6 | Fort: +9, Reflex: +7 (Evasion), Will: +3 | HP: 57 (of 57) | AC: 19, FF AC: 17, Touch AC: 11 | CMD: 24 (28 vs Trip) | Attack: Bite +11 (1d8 +7) & Trip (CMB +12)
Seltyn Sevenleaf wrote:
Hmm... Only seeing part of the map.

To find us, go to the extreme SE corner of the map.

If nothing can be seen beyond the front door (I'm guessing it's closed?), Horek will motion for the others to begin a slow and careful circuit around the steading - looking for other ways in. Horek will lead the way, watching for dangers and for any other ways into the wooden building.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

My own suggestion is that we circle around the entire building in a counter clockwise circuit, keeping our eyes open for doors, windows and especially hidden doors that might indicate an escape route of some kind. Then we can figure out how we want to infiltrate the place. Any other thoughts or ideas? And GM, how are we hearing the noise from within? Through the cracks in the walls I'm guessing?


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Sounds good. Seltyn will cast Message to include everyone, in case going around separates us from sight, and watch the front.

percep: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


As mentioned above, the steading backs onto cliffs on the west and northern side, though there is a narrow path on the northern side between the steading and the cliff. I have exposed the areas you can see after trying to circle the building. There are several shuttered windows and a door on the east side, and another on the north side.


The noise of the party is ongoing. Outside the only company you have are a cold breeze and a curious raven.


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Would a lone, curious raven be hanging around here, so close to partying giants?
K. nature: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Seltyn wonders if it is a magical beast.
K. arcana: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

Mazrak will whisper to the party, "With the Message spell, would it make sense for our most stealthy member go ahead and scout the perimeter. If he sees trouble he can Message us and fall back to meet the rest of us.

It is too bad that the party was not able to observe the structure from a distance to see how many ways in and out there were. The front door is seldom the best point of attack.


The raven is just a Raven. They are native to the region


Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 6 / Barbarian 1 | Init: +2 | Per: +11 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +8, Will: +6 | HP: 70 (of 83) | AC: 20, FF AC: 18, Touch AC: 12 | CMD: 20 | Attack: +1 Obsidian Greataxe +13/+8 [+15/+10 when 'Raging'] (1d12 +7 [+10 when 'Raging']) | Animal Companion: 'Whisper' - Large Wolf (7 HD) | Init: +2 | Per: +6 | Fort: +9, Reflex: +7 (Evasion), Will: +3 | HP: 57 (of 57) | AC: 19, FF AC: 17, Touch AC: 11 | CMD: 24 (28 vs Trip) | Attack: Bite +11 (1d8 +7) & Trip (CMB +12)

Horek reports to the others after circling the place. [b]"There is another door on the north side of the steading, and another on the east side. We should use one of those to enter the place, I think. Once we take a listen to determine if anyone is on the other side."

Yeah, I don't like the idea of barging through the front door either. GM, can we peek through the shuttered windows on the east side to get an idea of what might lay behind the door there? Or on the north? If not, maybe someone should give a listen? Would hate to barge in on their little party in full view of the celebrants!


The shuttered window are too sealed to see through.


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

"Breaking and entering has never been my strong suit. I have never assaulted a fortification more robust than a goblin stockade either so I will bow to superior knowledge."


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Someone's going to come out of there, eventually. We need to know if they have any captives before we just gut the place. If they don't, we can burn it down. If they do, things get more complicated.

Seltyn suggests this: He can cast a Wall of Ice to block one or two of the entrances. Elnaril can summon some monsters to open one of the other doors. That will draw them out to fight the summoned monsters. That will give us a better idea of what we're up against.

We can use some ranged attacks from a distance, and/or charge in. The Wall(s) aren't solid, but they'll slow them down. He'll Haste everybody, too.

Once we've drawn out most of them, Seltyn can cast Dimension Door and bring two others with him inside. If there are prisoners, we can protect them and also be attacking from two fronts. I suggest that he take Jeeves and Eldric to go inside.

That may not even be necessary. It depends on what and how many monsters are inside. Let's hope they're drunk!


Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 6 / Barbarian 1 | Init: +2 | Per: +11 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +8, Will: +6 | HP: 70 (of 83) | AC: 20, FF AC: 18, Touch AC: 12 | CMD: 20 | Attack: +1 Obsidian Greataxe +13/+8 [+15/+10 when 'Raging'] (1d12 +7 [+10 when 'Raging']) | Animal Companion: 'Whisper' - Large Wolf (7 HD) | Init: +2 | Per: +6 | Fort: +9, Reflex: +7 (Evasion), Will: +3 | HP: 57 (of 57) | AC: 19, FF AC: 17, Touch AC: 11 | CMD: 24 (28 vs Trip) | Attack: Bite +11 (1d8 +7) & Trip (CMB +12)

Horek considers Seltyn's plan, then speaks his own thoughts. "Summoning monsters to open one of the doors will invite a fight. The giants may be drunk, but they will be dangerous in numbers. And if we provoke an open battle, they will likely overwhelm us. We might be able to sneak in while they are drunk and clear out the place bit by bit, if it is laid out so that we can do so. If we run into trouble, summoning monsters and these walls of ice could give us the chance to break away if they manage to bring their numbers against us."

I'd actually suggest the opposite strategy. I'm thinking we go ahead and try these other doors with someone sneaky and see if we can move through the steading and thin their numbers room by room. If we are heard and/or exposed to large numbers, those walls of ice and summoned monsters could be a good distraction to allow us an escape. Of course, as of yet we have no idea as to how the interior is laid out. If it's one giant room we could be in BIG trouble! Can anyone fly up invisibly to the roof and see if we can find a way in up there? I'd like to figure out how the steading is laid out if we can.


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste
Horek Varshot wrote:

Horek considers Seltyn's plan, then speaks his own thoughts. "Summoning monsters to open one of the doors will invite a fight. The giants may be drunk, but they will be dangerous in numbers. And if we provoke an open battle, they will likely overwhelm us. We might be able to sneak in while they are drunk and clear out the place bit by bit, if it is laid out so that we can do so. If we run into trouble, summoning monsters and these walls of ice could give us the chance to break away if they manage to bring their numbers against us."

I'd actually suggest the opposite strategy. I'm thinking we go ahead and try these other doors with someone sneaky and see if we can move through the steading and thin their numbers room by room. If we are heard and/or exposed to large numbers, those walls of ice and summoned monsters could be a good distraction to allow us an escape. Of course, as of yet we have no idea as to how the interior is laid out. If it's one giant room we could be in BIG trouble! Can anyone fly up invisibly to the roof and see if we can find a way in up there? I'd like to figure out how the steading is laid out if we can.

My bad. I couldn't tell how big the place was. Yeah, We're going to have to go room to room, it looks like, assuming there are rooms. Seltyn can cast Fly on someone, due to his ring, but that will be it for that slot. Eldric is probably still invisible.


So what are you doing?


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

Eldric Invisible would be the best to go around and perform Perception checks on the other door.


Wounds (17) NL (3) HP (70) AC30 (27/24/19, +3 DB) Saves (16/16/10 +2 DB, +2 vs Fire) Divine Bond (1/1) Initiative (+7) Panache (6/6) LoH 2d6 (9/9) Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity Resist (7)

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 20 = 31
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

The invisible Paladin got some practice in on the art of stealth. He did his best to scout the area out, worrying all the while about when the spell might end.


Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 6 / Barbarian 1 | Init: +2 | Per: +11 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +8, Will: +6 | HP: 70 (of 83) | AC: 20, FF AC: 18, Touch AC: 12 | CMD: 20 | Attack: +1 Obsidian Greataxe +13/+8 [+15/+10 when 'Raging'] (1d12 +7 [+10 when 'Raging']) | Animal Companion: 'Whisper' - Large Wolf (7 HD) | Init: +2 | Per: +6 | Fort: +9, Reflex: +7 (Evasion), Will: +3 | HP: 57 (of 57) | AC: 19, FF AC: 17, Touch AC: 11 | CMD: 24 (28 vs Trip) | Attack: Bite +11 (1d8 +7) & Trip (CMB +12)

If nobody is able to determine anything more than what is already known, Horek will lead the others to the door on the north side (opposite the 'front door') and try to open it quietly. If that doesn't work, try the door on the east side, and failing that, the main entrance door.

I get the feeling the DM is asking us to move things along a bit, so I'm thinking those doors will be the order in which we'll try to sneak through, if it's possible to do so. That is, if they are unlocked and don't require picking a lock or bashing down in a noisy manner.


Wounds (17) NL (3) HP (70) AC30 (27/24/19, +3 DB) Saves (16/16/10 +2 DB, +2 vs Fire) Divine Bond (1/1) Initiative (+7) Panache (6/6) LoH 2d6 (9/9) Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity Resist (7)

I second that plan


Northern doors then. Place your selves where you want near the northern doors. Please make stealth checks and perception checks


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

Looks like the fog-of-war has become shifted on the map. I recall having similar issues when using Google Drawings for online maps.


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

The top strip? Not sure.


Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 6 / Barbarian 1 | Init: +2 | Per: +11 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +8, Will: +6 | HP: 70 (of 83) | AC: 20, FF AC: 18, Touch AC: 12 | CMD: 20 | Attack: +1 Obsidian Greataxe +13/+8 [+15/+10 when 'Raging'] (1d12 +7 [+10 when 'Raging']) | Animal Companion: 'Whisper' - Large Wolf (7 HD) | Init: +2 | Per: +6 | Fort: +9, Reflex: +7 (Evasion), Will: +3 | HP: 57 (of 57) | AC: 19, FF AC: 17, Touch AC: 11 | CMD: 24 (28 vs Trip) | Attack: Bite +11 (1d8 +7) & Trip (CMB +12)

Horek makes his way back around the steading toward the door on the north wall, hoping that there might not be a watch there - as he suspects there will be on the front entrance.

With Whisper at his side, the plainsman gently tries to open the door, keeping to one side so as to make himself less noticeable...

Horek's Stealth Check (Favored Terrain): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 = 28
Horek's Perception Check (Favored Terrain): 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 2 = 28

Whisper's Stealth Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Horek's Perception Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Put myself close to where I think the northern door is. As mentioned, looks like the fog of war area got shifted a bit somehow. If Favored Terrain (Mountains) still applies, I added those bonuses in already. If they don't, subtract 2 from both of Horek's rolls, please.


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Elnaril Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Elnaril Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36

Parvo Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Parvo Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

percep: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Sorry for the delay. I have moved characters who have not moved yet to the door on the north side.

mystery: 1d20 + 10 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 10 = 31

perception DC 15:
you can hear a growling noise, as if from a wolf or dog, but deeper

The giant door is in front of you.


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Seltyn whispers through the Message spell, borrowing Elnaril's Extend rod. We've been noticed. Something's growling at us.

He casts Haste (+30 move, +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves. 14 rounds,) on everyone but himself. That includes Parvo and Whisper.

Fighters to the door. Casters form the second line. Time to go in!

He returns the rod, staying back until he can see inside, ready to cast again.


Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 6 / Barbarian 1 | Init: +2 | Per: +11 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +8, Will: +6 | HP: 70 (of 83) | AC: 20, FF AC: 18, Touch AC: 12 | CMD: 20 | Attack: +1 Obsidian Greataxe +13/+8 [+15/+10 when 'Raging'] (1d12 +7 [+10 when 'Raging']) | Animal Companion: 'Whisper' - Large Wolf (7 HD) | Init: +2 | Per: +6 | Fort: +9, Reflex: +7 (Evasion), Will: +3 | HP: 57 (of 57) | AC: 19, FF AC: 17, Touch AC: 11 | CMD: 24 (28 vs Trip) | Attack: Bite +11 (1d8 +7) & Trip (CMB +12)

Horek's Perception Check (Favored Terrain): 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 2 = 22
Whisper's Perception Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Horek nods in agreement with the whispered plan, having heard the growling himself and he reaches out absently to calm Whisper, though perhaps his companion didn't hear the growling for she only gazes at the plainsman curiously. Horek sends a quick prayer to Beory that whatever wards this door could be dispatched quickly without alerting its masters. The ranger glances around at the others to make certain they are all ready, and then whips open the door with one hand before quickly bringing his enormous axe to bear as he prepares to charge in...

Horek's Initiative (Favored Terrain): 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 = 24
Whisper's Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Sounds good! Who wants to live forever anyway? :)

Current Buffs:
Horek- Haste (+30' movement, +1 to attack rolls & AC/Reflex Saves, extra attack with full attack action)
Whisper - Haste (+30' movement, +1 to attack rolls & AC/Reflex Saves, extra attack with full attack action), Bull's Strength (+4 STR), Mage Armor (+4 AC)


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

Mazrak will refresh his Shield of Faith. He is ready for whatever comes next.

AC23 vs Giants AC27 with SoF and Haste, HP 46/(62FL)


The door is unlocked. It opens with a loud creak.
Inside you see a dimly light courtyard, open to the sky. The ground is somewhat grassy, and a smell of damp fur greets your senses. Also, you see five very big wolves who do not look pleased to see you.


Seltyn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Elnaril: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Jeeves: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Horek: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Mazrak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Eldric: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
dire wolves: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Seltyn 22 is up
Dire wolves 20
Horek 14
Eldric 14
Elnaril 10
Jeeves 5
Mazrak 2

This is a surprise round. The three wolves near the door are alerted to your presence, the far two are surprised. Remember, a move or standard action only.


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Seltyn is confident that his friends can make quick work of the dire wolves, and decides to save his more powerful spells for later in the fight.

Still, he wants to do a little something. He casts a cantrip at the closest one to his right.

Ranged touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Ray of Frost: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired

GM - Could you show us the encounter on the map? Thanks.

If there is still an alive Dire Wolf when it is Mazrak's initiative, he will look to the most wounded Dire Wold and fire his bow.

+2 Bow, +5 Base, +1 Dex, +1PBS, -2 DA, +1 Haste: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Dmg +2 Bow, +3 Str, +1 PBS, +4 DA: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


I have put the encounter on the map. I did that last night.


Seltyn casts a quick cantrip, a zaps a wolf. It does not look impressed.

One wolf leaps forward. The second steps up and attacks Horek. The third move up

bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Horek quickly dodges the bite.

The rest of the party can act.


The roll20 map is updated and ready. the party is at the top of the map, and you should be able to see some of the interiors. Any problems please let me know. :)


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Seltyn casts another ray at the wolf that's emerged, then draws his weapon as he moves to a more protected spot.

ranged touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Ray of Frost: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Enaril steps back and levels his crossbow, waiting to see if Parvo is able to remove the wolf in front before he looses.

Parvo steps forwards and unleashes a storm of tooth and nail.

Parvo bite + PA: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 241d6 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Parvo claw 1 + PA: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 231d4 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Parvo claw 2 + PA: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 151d4 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Parvo tail slap + PA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 251d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Half-Elf, Summoner (Unchained, Soulbound) 7, +9 Init, +15/+19 Perc (After slash is next to Eidolon), F +5, R +6, W +6, 57 HP, 24/26 AC, 19 CMD

Elnaril looses his crossbow bolt at the second wolf through the door after the first crumples to the ground.
Elnaril Crossbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 241d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Dwarf Oracle 7 AC20, HP46/(62FL), F3,R4,W7; Init.+1; Perc.+2; 20' CMD20 Buffs: Armor of Bones, Shield of Faith, Haste, False Life has expired
chillblame wrote:
I have put the encounter on the map. I did that last night.

Sorry about that. It was a refresh issue on my end. Once I refreshed the Roll20, the image updated with the encounter. It looks like a great location to have a massive battle. :(


thanks, it had me worried


Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 6 / Barbarian 1 | Init: +2 | Per: +11 | Fort: +11, Reflex: +8, Will: +6 | HP: 70 (of 83) | AC: 20, FF AC: 18, Touch AC: 12 | CMD: 20 | Attack: +1 Obsidian Greataxe +13/+8 [+15/+10 when 'Raging'] (1d12 +7 [+10 when 'Raging']) | Animal Companion: 'Whisper' - Large Wolf (7 HD) | Init: +2 | Per: +6 | Fort: +9, Reflex: +7 (Evasion), Will: +3 | HP: 57 (of 57) | AC: 19, FF AC: 17, Touch AC: 11 | CMD: 24 (28 vs Trip) | Attack: Bite +11 (1d8 +7) & Trip (CMB +12)

Horek turns to meet the wolf that lunges out at him, Whisper rushing to defend her two-legged companion from the first one that burst out of the building. The plainsman's enormous axe flashes as he sweeps it down upon the huge animal guardian of the giants as Whisper goes for the other wolf's throat, trying to bring the flanking creature down.

Horek's Greataxe Attack (Power Attack): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28 vs Wolf #2
Greataxe Damage: 1d12 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Whisper's Bite Attack (Power Attack): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30 vs Wolf #1
Bite Damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
CM Attack (Trip): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

This is still surprise round correct, so no full attacks just yet?
I rolled standard attacks only for Horek and Whisper. Looks like those dire wolves are Large animals as well (so is Whisper), so I think Whisper can take a 5' step to make a standard attack in this surprise round against the one next to Horek. I moved her accordingly on the map, but everyone should note that she takes up a 10' square being Large size - so I put her in the center of the grid intersection. Horek also took a 5' step to make room for Whisper to get next to him. Power Attack for both attacks, no penalty for Horek due to Furious Focus. Whisper will try to 'trip' the dire wolf as well.

Current Buffs:
Horek - Haste (+30' movement, +1 to attack rolls & AC/Reflex Saves, extra attack with full attack action)
Whisper - Haste (+30' movement, +1 to attack rolls & AC/Reflex Saves, extra attack with full attack action), Bull's Strength (+4 STR), Mage Armor (+4 AC)


Wounds (17) NL (3) HP (70) AC30 (27/24/19, +3 DB) Saves (16/16/10 +2 DB, +2 vs Fire) Divine Bond (1/1) Initiative (+7) Panache (6/6) LoH 2d6 (9/9) Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity Resist (7)

Hit Wolf vs flat footed: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Fire Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

.Confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Crit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Ending the invisibility, Eldric appeared with fists aflame. The punch was a good one, impacting solidly. It did, however, fail to hit any vital points. The Paladin was trained in hitting vital points, and had never trained in fighting animals.


M Elf Wiz Init +3/ HP 55/55 // AC: 24 16/T:15/FF:13 - Percep: +9/ F 7/R 7/W 7 (+2 v. ench) /CMB 3 - CMD 16 M. Armor, Shield, Haste

Just waiting on Jeeves?


bumping Jeeves


Male M Human Ftr2/Inv5, Init +3, HP 60/48, AC 19/13/17, CMD 22, P +14(+16 v/traps), F +6, R +7(+8 v/traps), W +5(+7 v/ill,disb), Buffs: False Life

Sorry for the delay.

Jeeves would have drunk extracts of Long Arm, Shield, Blur, and False Life: False Life: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6. I'm not sure which square the front wolf is located, but with all the movement, I'm sure I can reach a square where I can attack it so that it doesn't get cover. GM, if I am not in THAT square, please move me to it.

Guisarme attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23, Damage: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (1, 1) + 7 = 9

Buffs: Haste, Long Arm, Shield, False Life


Elnaril Ilikas wrote:

Enaril steps back and levels his crossbow, waiting to see if Parvo is able to remove the wolf in front before he looses.

Parvo steps forwards and unleashes a storm of tooth and nail.

[dice=Parvo bite + PA]1d20+12; 1d6+12
[dice=Parvo claw 1 + PA]1d20+12; 1d4+12
[dice=Parvo claw 2 + PA]1d20+12; 1d4+12
[dice=Parvo tail slap + PA]1d20+7; 1d6+6

surprise round, Elnaril, also your target is deceased, you can change action


Jeeves, alas, I cannot see a square you can attack without the wolf getting cover, but even with cover you still hit. :)


In a flurry of violence, the party demolishes the two forward wolves with a combination of claw, crossbow, blade and flaming fist. Mazrak and Seltyb finish with an arrow and spell into a third wolf further inside.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Elnaril has the option to redo parvo's round, so I will wait a little while for him to update, then do the wolves turn

451 to 500 of 545 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ADQ Table 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.