Flash's Fire Starters

Game Master AFlashInTime

Stepping into the Dawn of Flame Adventure Path


551 to 600 of 692 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:

"Why all the non-lashuntas leaving? That was lots more a them then should be, huh?"


Non-binary NG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Puzzle nods agreement with Kit's question."Or another way of looking at it is to ask, 'Why are so many lashuntas staying in Asanatown?' Why are they either unable to leave or choosing to remain?"

"What is the local disposition toward open carry?" the android asks. "Advertising our wherewithal might serve to dissuade those who might otherwise seek to impede us."


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +3/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir was a bit off for the last couple of days. During the trip you saw him falling ill and not isolating himself. As an explanation he said that he tried some new coctail of his own production and the effects were unexpected. When traveling his skin still is a bit pale (who knew that Kasathas skin can take such a tone).

He listens to Kit and Puzzles questions raising his hand that could indicate that he wants to add something...

But he only caughs and shakes his head.

I still need to lvl up. First post after vacation, Just marking my presence.

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd rubs his temples

"I'm sure there are very intelligent questions we could be asking right now...but I'm having some troubles forming thoughts. I might be more effected by what ever is going on around here then I thought"


Fire Starters Loot

Dr. Taeress turns to Nomyra.

"Nib told several of the people in Asanatown - mostly lashuntas - are very unsettled by what's taken place. Combine a scared bunch of people with a lot of ex-military and a lot of weapons available, and the situation sounds like it could turn into a problem if people aren't careful. We might learn more by asking around when we reach Asanatown."

She turns to Kit and Puzzle. "Why do so many lashuntas stay in Asanatown? I wish I could tell you. My family left, and I spend as much time on Far Portal Station as I can. I think a lot of people stay because other people stay - it's their community, and outside of Castrovel it's one of the few places that are run by lashuntas - democratically, of course. Besides, with no obvious cause for the sense of unease we all feel, even though it's been going on for more than two decades there's always some sense that it'll just go away, because nothing is causing it. It's nothing but wishful thinking, if you ask me. And as for carrying weapons publically, with the former military and the mercenaries you won't be the only ones."

"As for why are non-lashuntas leaving? I couldn't tell you for certain, but I know that one of the symptoms of the unease for lashuntas is that you feel on edge, sometimes almost paranoid, which I think could lead to feelings of xenophobia for some. Those people leaving is probably not a good sign."

After a several more minutes, the linecrawler gradually slows and comes to a stop. The doors open, and you walk past another group of people in line to board the linecrawler out of Asanatown. You follow Dr. Taeress out onto the street. See slides for an updated map.

Rolls:

Vedrir Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Puzzle Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Wyrd Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Nomyra Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Kit Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Kit, Vedrir:

In addition to the normal groupings of travelers moving around in the station, you notice a few groups of a couple of armed lashuntas moving with purpose with an ifrit. The lashuntas all wear a shoulder patch with the black silhouette of a lashunta emblazened on a yellow circle. You don't immediately recognize the insignia. The ifrits are dressed in dark armor.

The bubble-city of Asanatown greets your eyes, the yellow-orange glow of the sun lighting the streets and buildings from every direction. Dr. Taeress takes out her comm unit and, after several seconds, frowns.

You hear her voice in your head. "Typical. All of the public transit apps are reporting outages due to a "public state of emergency". At this rate, we're lucky the linecrawler is still running."

A look of determination replaces the frown. "Oh well, it can't be helped. Our first priority should be getting to my apartment near Bulwark Plaza. It's..." She checks an app on her comm unit. "... a 56-minute walk. Once we're there we can settle in with Nib and the others, and we can all work together to see if there's anything to be made out of this solar data until this all calms down. "

As you begin to walk through Asanatown, a palpable tension fills the air. Many storefronts are closed, some with windows boarded over. Most pedestrians in this area are walking hurriedly toward the linecrawler station.

After several minutes of walking you move into a somewhat more residential area, but it seems the town's mood hasn't improved. Across the street from you, a crowd of lashuntas has gathered. In the center, two armored lashuntas drag a weeping kasatha family--two parents and a child--out of an apartment. A crowd of mostly lashunta onlookers has gathered, and seems to be of mixed opinions. Several are shouting for the armed soldiers to leave the family alone, while a others are eagarly picking through a pile of household items that a third soldier, an ifrit in dark armor, is throwing out of the apartment's front door. One adult kasatha attempts to resist, only to be punched in the face. In the center of the commotion, a child wails for someone to help.

See map; ignore the inside of the building. As of this posting the map is still in work and I've run out of time, but the full map and the finish to this post should be up in the next hour or two.


Fire Starters Loot

Map done! The pink or orange borders are the two lashuntas and the ifrit, the three brown borders are the kasatha family, and the non-bordered ones are the crowd.

Dr. Taeress looks up ahead. In your head you hear her say, "Oh no, this doesn't look good. Are there any..." She looks around, but there aren't any police or other authority figures in sight. "What's going on here? Have people lost their minds? We should try to do... to see what's going on and help, somehow!"

She looks at the party, waiting to see your response.


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra approaches.

"These people are not your enemies, friends. Let's let them be."


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +3/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

"I think I saw those bunch when we left the linecrawler. Dr. Taeress do you know this shoulder patch that they are wearing?"

Says Vedrir removing his needler rifle from his back in two of his hands.

I moved Vedrir a bit if this is allowed.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:

Kit moves forward and cranes his neck a bit to get a better look at the loot being tossed out into the street.

Wait a minute, I recognize that map! **Looks around for approaching zombies**

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd speaks up

"Excuse me. What's going on here?"


Fire Starters Loot

The crowd, and the lashuntas, turn as you approach. The first lashunta speaks to Nomyra.

"The Sunrise Collective is seizing this property for the lashuntas of Asanatown! We have to stick together with the psychic threat to our people getting worse. These kasatha should stick to their own kind, for their own safety."

The crowd murmurs among themselves, with a few shouts of support and at least one dismissing the speaker.

Dr. Taeress telapathically addresses Vedrir, "I don't recognize that patch. There were others wearing it back at the station?"

Kit sees most of the items being tossed out onto the street are normal household items - clothes, some personal electronics, and generally uninteresting items.

The ifrit stops throwing out items and puts a hand on a longarm slung across his back.

Feel free to make a social check (diplo/bluff/intimidate) to affect their attitude.

Slides updated with the lashuntas and ifrit.


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

"Hey, look, we don't need to hurt anyone. We can't take things out on this innocent family."

Nomyra keeps her palms facing toward the group, showing that she's not holding a weapon.

She telepathically communicates to the rest of the party, "Help, I'm not so great with the talky stuff!"

Diplomacy, to aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +3/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

No social skills whatsoever. So I will simply be an annoyance for the purpose of this encounter.

"Since when Ifrits are Lashuntas? Go and smack him around and tell him to stick with his own."

Then turning to the Kasatha family speaking in Kasathan

Piilota takanamme(kasatha):

"Hide behind us!"

Vedrir looks at the Ifrit with an unease.

I am following the 1-04 approach of using finish as kasatha

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

"I'm sure that if you explain the situation to us, we can mediate in what's going on here. We are after all a special task force send here to make sure everything runs smoothly and without any sort of trouble"

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

I thought about using diplomacy..but that felt wrong somehow in this situation


Fire Starters Loot

The first lashunta looks slightly confused as he responds.

"Special task force? Commander Trinipol said we were the ones..."

You can almost see the wheels spinning in his head. The kasatha family takes the moment to make a break past the crowd to the party.

"Well, what's today's word then, 'Special task force' leader?" he calls out, one hand pointing at the party and the other fidgeting with his weapon.

The crowd between you and the lashunta begins to move out of the space between the two groups.


Non-binary NG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

"We have only just arrived,"Puzzle begins addressing the assembled lashuntas. "So only our initial perceptions are available to inform us of the situation."

"The assertion this family need find others of their kind for safety carries with it the hint of a threat. And this collection of property appears to be little more than a thin excuse of theft." The android pauses. "Now, I am unfamiliar with the Sunrise Collective, but from what I understand of the origins and history of this community, I am certain that this is not case."

"If we have more information about the situation, we may be able to help find a resolution."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 Bleck!


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra sends a psychic message to Dr. Taeress. "Commander Trinipol? Who's that?"

Nomyra looks back and forth nervously between the groups. Her antennae twitch slightly.


Non-binary NG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Might need to retcon my previous post- was posting from my phone and took a few attempts due to interruptions at work and I missed GM Flash's post with the NPCs response.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:

Tired of all the talking, Kit wanders over to the window and, hoisting himself up a bit, peers in, grinning his best toothy goblin grin at anyone he sees inside.


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +3/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir steps towards the Kasatha family and begins to check if there are some injuries that he can help with.

He uses his microlab to analyze their injuries. Vedrir uses two hands for that, leaving the remaining two to hold his needler rifle.


Non-binary NG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

[Retcon]

Seeing the lashunta's hesitation, Puzzle decides to press the advantage.

Stepping forward, the android begins laughing - a little too loudly and the sound incongruous with the current tension - ignoring the itchy trigger fingers. Stopping a short distance from the other group, they nod respectfully to the lashunta group's leader.

"Is it really a surprise that Commander Trinipol doesn't tell any of us ALL of the plans?" The android shakes their head slowly, eyes fixed on the leader. "I can see you're not new to this - you know how it goes. We each have our small role to play as part of the bigger plan and we are told just enough to make sure we perform our role effectively." The android spreads their hands and gives a small helpless shrug.

"Now our job is to make sure that once this... " Puzzle pauses to look up to the sky where the portal once was and slowly scans back down to the horizon before continuing"situation has been resolved, there is still an Asunatown worth inhabiting."

"Sadly, if the commander hasn't deemed it 'Need to Know' to tell you about our presence, then I can't go into more specifics; 'Classified', you know how it goes. And as for today's word?" Puzzle glances meaningfully at the onlookers. "It's probably not wise to speak of such things where anyone might be able to hear them."

Bluff w/Expertise: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 7 + (1) = 15 (Sense Motive DC +2 due to android's Flat Affect)
Blergh! Rolling like Orrian.

[/Retcon]


Fire Starters Loot

Dr. Taeress responds telepathically, "I don't know who that is. Nobody in government that I've ever heard of."

Sense motive:

SM: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Oof, they rolled high. Sorry you got stuck with Orrian rols this time.

The lashunta calls back out, "Alright, whoever you are, you don't know the word, you're not wearing our stuff, it's time you butt out of Collective business here. You can leave now, or we can make you!"

The crowd scatters. The two lashuntas and the ifrit reach for their weapons. You get the feeling that talks have broken down here.

Initiative

Rolls:

Vedrir Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Puzzle Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Wyrd Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Nomyra Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Kit Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Collective lashuntas: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Ifrit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Nomyra's up first.

Nomyra
Ifrit
Vedrir
Kit
Puzzle
Collective lashuntas
Wyrd
Round 2 start


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

A little unwilling to harm her fellow lashuntas, Nomyra marches up to punch the ifrit in the face.

punch!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
ouch!: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd shrugs his shoulders - to loosen them up for combat or as a reaction to the universe not allowing us to resolve our issues peacefully you can't tell.

"At least we can have a clear conscience since we did try to talk about it first and not starting right away with disintegrating anything we didn't like" Wyrd mentions as his eyes start to leak a cold black hazy energy from them and a little bit of smoke escapes his mouth.


Fire Starters Loot

Nomyra's punch connects with the ifrit's surprised face. He didn't seem like he was expecting to be hit quite so... hard.

"Okay, okay, they're your problem if you want them!" he says, withdrawing away from the scene. full action: withdraw

The lashuntas exchange a glance.

Vedrir
Kit
Puzzle

Collective lashuntas
Wyrd
Round 2 start
Nomyra
Ifrit


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Non-binary NG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Puzzle walks toward the other group, slowly shaking their head as they slip the rifle from their shoulder. "It didn't have to be like this."

Upon reaching a short distance from the lashuntas, the android abruptly stops and, in a blur of movement, reaches their right hand to their hip before flashing it back out in the direction of the lashunta leader.

"Pew," says the android, winking at the leader as they look down the barrel of a pointing index finger. "Gotcha," Puzzle says and lowers the thumb-hammer of their finger-gun.

Clever Feint (Bluff w/exp): 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 7 + (6) = 33 (DC=either 10 + your opponent’s Sense Motive total skill bonus or 15 + 1-1/2 × the opponent’s CR, whichever is greater)
On success: leader is flat-footed to Puzzle and his allies until the end of Puzzle's next turn.

Clever Feint:
As a standard action, you can fake out an enemy within 60 feet, making that enemy open to your attacks. Attempt a Bluff check with the same DC as a check to feint against that enemy (though this isn’t a standard check to feint, so Improved Feint and Greater Feint don’t apply). Even if you fail, that enemy is flat-footed against your attacks (see page 276) until the end of your next turn. If you succeed, the enemy is also flat-footed against your allies’ attacks until the end of your next turn. You can’t use clever feint against a creature that lacks an Intelligence score.


Exocortex AI

Kit! Pay attention, things are happening out here!


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:

"Shuttup Nofun! I see! Which one should I shoot?" Kit says, as he drops the few inches down from the windowsill and draws his rifle.


Exocortex AI

The closest one.

Draw rifle, combat track the lashunta nearest the house.


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +3/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir misses the beginning of the fight as he is focused on the family bruises. He hears Nomyra heavy punch hitting and escape of the Ifrit. He immediately turns and aims with his needler rifle his third hand-selecting a toxin to apply to a bullet. As he aims he notice Puzzle standing in his way, Vedrir pauses for a second hoping for him to move, and then he decides to reposition himself. He passes Wyrd, seeing a smoke leaving his mouth. "Since when is he able to do that." wonders.

Having a clear shot at a flat-footed enemy he takes a shot

Needler rifle, sickened condition for 6 rounds on hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Move and shoot.


Fire Starters Loot

Caught utterly offguard by Puzzle's feint, the talky lashunta is likewise surprise by Vedrir's needler and fast-acting toxin. Lashunta A -3 HP

Now looking slightly green, the lashunta leader draws his weapon and returns fire on Vedrir. The second lashunta does the same against Puzzle.

Vedrir KAC: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 2 = 12
Vedrir P Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8
Puzzle KAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Puzzle P Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Both shots miss their targets, with Vedrir hearing the whistle of the bullet as it flies by!

Meanwhile, the crowd scatters.

Lashunta A now has a darker, magenta border on the map.

Wyrd
Round 2 start
Nomyra

Ifrit
Vedrir
Kit
Puzzle
Collective lashunta A -3
Collective lashunta B

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd exhales and a cold dark smoke escapes his mouth, growing larger until it forms a could which descends on the lashunta shooting at his party

Casting hazard, DC 12 reflex save for both of them to negate
cold damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3


Fire Starters Loot

Ref1: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10
Ref2: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Both lashuntas are caught in the cold!

Nomyra
Ifrit
Vedrir
Kit
Puzzle
Collective lashunta A -6
Collective lashunta B -3
Wyrd
Round 3 start


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra approaches one of the lashuntas. "How can you act like this? What is the sun doing to you?"

She has enough movement to get there without provoking.

She swings.

punch!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
ouch!: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Noymra has Coordinated Shot now! Everyone gets a +1 on attack rolls against a foe she threatens as long as she is not providing cover.


Fire Starters Loot

Nomyra decks the lashunta leader. He drops hard and lies motionless in the street.

"Okay, I give up! I give up!" the only remaining lashunta shouts.

The ifrit flees out of sight.

Vedrir
Kit
Puzzle

Collective lashunta A -15, down
Collective lashunta B -3
Wyrd
Round 3 start
Nomyra
Ifrit fled combat


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +3/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir walks next to Wyrd and aims at the surrendering Lashunta. Thinking to himself that it would be unhonorable to attack surrendering foe.

"Very slowly put your weapons on the ground and step away from it."


Non-binary NG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Puzzle keeps their rifle trained on the surrendering lashunta. "We'd prefer not to hurt you further, but we will should you make it necessary," the android says matter-of-factly.


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:

Kit swivels, tracking the downed lashunta with the barrel of his rifle as they fall, then quickly pivots up to the other.


Exocortex AI

Don't do it, Kit. Your friends want to talk to them.


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:

"Ugh, fine. Don't be stupid, stupid!" The goblin keeps his rifle trained on the surrendered foe, but doesn't fire for the moment.

Readying an action to fire if they make a hostile move. Kit will accept their surrender, if it's genuine.

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd looks on anticipating what's going to happen next, ready for action

When his turn comes up again ;)


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra will keep her fist balled up. "All right, tell us what's going on here!" She keeps looking over her shoulder, as if expecting another combatant to jump out.


Fire Starters Loot

To the sound of retreating footsteps down the street and nearby alleys, the lashunta lowers his weapon,a mix of relief and a little fear mixing on his face. He holds the weapon out in front of him before dropping it in front of him.

"Look, you all must not be from around here. Or, most of you."

He eyes Nomyra and Dr. Taeress, his face setting with resolve.

"Non-lashuntas don't get what it's like being lashunta in the Archipelago. The pressure, the nerves, and what's Asanatown done about it in 20 years? Nothing. People offer their advice for coping, groups research, but the whole government here just hopes it'll go away, like some bad dream. It's not like that. Even the lashunta on it don't take action. So a bunch of us here, in the Sunrise Collective, two days ago was the last straw. If you were here, you felt it. No more ignoring that. Something's coming and we have to be ready."

He pauses and looks from face to face.

"People have to understand it's not going to go back to how it was. Lashuntas need Asanatown, all of it, to get ready. If people aren't on board, it's nothing personal, but there's no place for those people here now."

"Sooner they realize that, the better."


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Noymra's antennae twitch. "I...can only imagine how bad it is, after so long. That was the worst thing I've ever felt. But it's not because of this kasatha family here. Look, everyone back on Castrovel is still messed up from the war with the formians. Don't make a war here too against people who don't deserve it."


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:

"Hey stupid, I said don't be stupid! How robbing kasathas gonna help lashuntas with their heads?" Kit lowers his weapon. "And who that other one? The not-lashunta?"


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +3/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir lowers his gun slightly seeing no hostile actions from the lashunta. He knows a bit about pain and always was under the impression that he can understand how it can impact other alien actions. However, this place is unique in so many ways that for now, he can't follow the reasoning presented.

He would have to assume that different actions can be hard to explain for now.


Fire Starters Loot

After hearing your comments, the lashunta looks ahead. "It's not that simple. We..."

His speech is interrupted by an alarm on everyone's comm units--even the lashunta's--blaring at once. Dr. Taeress grabs her comm unit and opens the emergency alert.

On the screen, a slender, handsome lashunta man wearing elegant dark armor sits in front of a flag bearing the silhouette of a lashunta head atop a yellow sun, the same symbol on the uniforms of two lashuntas harrassing the kasatha family.

"Citizens of Asanatown," he says, "I am Zeylan Trinipol, commander of the Sunrise Collective. I know many of you are still reeling from the recent psychic assault. You might be frightened or angry, and you're right to be so. For too long, the lashuntas of the Burning Archipelago have suffered under the weight of an assault like this from unknown forces. Like you, I've lived with this invisible sword hovering over our heads, while our so-called leaders allow outsiders to invade and threaten our city. But no longer!

"As of today, the Sunrise Collective has taken on the mantle of your protectors, working even now to secure our borders. Together with our allies in the Brass Dragons, we have assumed control of the city from our council of do-nothing politicians, bureaucrats, and sycophants. We're putting new security procedures in place to protect our homes, our businesses, and our future. As part of these measures, travel to and from Asanatown has been canceled for the duration of the transition. Please comply with instructions from all Collective troops. Thank you for your patience as we build a safer Asanatown. Together."

The man flashes a dazzling smile, then winks out.

The kasatha family shouts with outrage at the development.

The Sunrise Collective soldier glances up from his comm unit, turns, and begins to run down the alley in the other direction.


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:

"Um...did them say dragons?!"


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

"I think it's an organization, Kit, not real dragons. Blighted ferns, they sound like the folks at home who still think they're fighting the Formians. Maybe we can go talk to this Trinipol?" She turns to the kasatha family. "What do you want to do now? How can we help you?"


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +3/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir looks after the running lashunta, then turning his attention back to the Kasatha family.

"So we are under lockdown, should we still try to meet the Dr. Taeress associate? Maybe that would give us some more information."

551 to 600 of 692 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Flash's Fire Starters All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.