Flash's Fire Starters

Game Master AFlashInTime

Stepping into the Dawn of Flame Adventure Path


151 to 200 of 302 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG male space goblin (exocortex) 1 | SP 0/7, HP 8/8, RP 3/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 14/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

"Say hello to my icy friend!" Kit steps away from the wall and levels his carbine at the protean, his shot leaving an icy gash on the doorframe.

Subzero ice carbine (vs. KAC): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Cold and piercing damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Exocortex AI

You really should let me do the aiming.


CG male space goblin (exocortex) 1 | SP 0/7, HP 8/8, RP 3/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 14/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

"Shuddup! You take too long!"


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 0/6 HP 1/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: +1 CHA-based (10 mins)

Puzzle slips his rifle from his shoulder, lines up the protean and squeezes the trigger.

Azimuth laser rifle: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Fire damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

"Your defeat is almost certain."

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Seeing the shifty creature easily side step his attack and Nomyra taking a big blow from a slam by the fiery creature Wyrd decides to shift focus and moves a bit to the other side of the room as he starts to gather energy from deep within himself as he channels a reality in which this ship lost it's heating system and protection from the cold outside of space. As he's gathered enough of that possibility he releases it just behind the fiery creature feeling the area there with mind and body numbing cold.

Cold damage Fiery creature: 1d3 ⇒ 3 DC 12 reflex save to negate

"I know it's a bit late to ask, but what's that fiery thing hitting Nomyra?"

Mysticsm in case I myself know: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Move and cast hazard behind the fiery creature


2 people marked this as a favorite.
AC 12 TL 11 Hull points: 70/70 Shields Front: 14/20 Starboard 20/20 Port 20/20 Aft 20/20 Glitches: -

Over the party comm line a soothing voice mentions
"I've been monitoring you and my program indicates a rise of stress levels. Is everything going alright with you?"

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

"Not now Alice, we're a bit busy at the moment!" Wyrd replies as his adrenaline level spikes


Fire Starters Loot

Wyrd

Spoiler:

You recognize this creature as a small magma elemental, an extraplanear elemental of both the fire and earth types. You know that it is immune to fire but also vulnerable to cold. It can also explode with lava once per day, covering it and all adjacent squares with fiery lava that's hard to move through.

The fiery creature takes a hit from Nomyra and tries to dodge out of the way of Wyrd's cold. Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

It fails and takes additional damage! Fire -19

The fiery creature hisses and swings back at Nomyra.

slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
F&B: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Unfortunately, it connects with a crackling thud. I believe this puts Nomyra at exactly 0 hp.

Meanwhile, the rifti protean shifts form again into a metal red sphere. It fires another acidic energy ray at Vedrir, shouting in an excited voice "Tag!"

1d8: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Acid: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Heroes are up in round 3

Wyrd
Vedrir
Kit
Puzzle
Nomyra

Round 4 start
Fiery creature
Rifti Protean


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 4/10 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir is hit with the 3rd acid attack causing him pain. Till now the acid attacks were simply an inconvenience but now it begins to hurt.

Out of SP

As he aims at protean he throws:

"Nomyra, how are you doing there?" Just to see her fall to a hit from the Fiery creature.

Again he selects quickly few options at his micro lab and turns towards Nomyra. A dart with quickly selected medicine hits Nomyra at her leg.

Using minor inhibitor, allowing me to do first aid check from the distance as an attack.
Medicine, first aid, DC15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Success, Nomyra is stable and is not dying. Unfortunately, I didn't buy healing potions :(

The Vedrir turns back to protean shooting dart at it.
Attack vs KAC: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 2 - 4 = 11
Damage, piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Protean still has -2 to AC


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 0/6 HP 1/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: +1 CHA-based (10 mins)

"Maintain our attacks on the sphere. We have it surrounded!" Puzzle calls to their companions before firing another round from their rifle at the creature. (Get 'Em: +1 att on the protean)

Azimuth laser rifle: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11 w/Get 'Em
Fire damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

"Nomyra!" they call, seeing her fall to the ground. "How is she, Vedrir?" Puzzle asks the kasatha, noticing his ministrations.


AC 12 TL 11 Hull points: 70/70 Shields Front: 14/20 Starboard 20/20 Port 20/20 Aft 20/20 Glitches: -

"I know you mentioned this wasn't a good time Wyrd, but since you asked what that fiery thing was I've been studying heat emanations and I've come to the conclusion that the "fiery thing" you mentioned is most likely some sort of fire elemental"

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

"Ah, yes now that you mention it...those dark spots in it's fiery form threw me of. It must be some sort of mix..fire and....earth? It must be a magma elemental. It's only small....but I remember reading about those, you're supposed to be careful around them because not only are they immune to lasers they also.."

Wyrd's eyes open up wide in shock as he remembers something

"Be careful people! That fiery thing can explode into lava, covering the terrain around it!"

"It's vulnerable to cold though, so I might be able to distract it..at least to get it away from Nomyra"

Wyrd focuses the energies both within himself and of the cosmos around him into connecting the space right behind the fiery creature to some place far, far away, forging a connection between that location and the surface of an ice covered planet summoning forth more cold to freeze the elemental.

Casting hazard behind the creature again

Cold damage fiery creature: 1d3 ⇒ 1 Reflex save DC 12 to negate


Fire Starters Loot

Wyrd launches? a blast of cold at the magma elemental. It tries to dodge.

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

And manages to avoid the cold.

Vedrir's dart strikes the rifti protean! It sphere breaks apart, revealing the deceased creature in its normal form.

Puzzle, feel free to change your action since the rifti protean was already taken out when your turn happened.

Kit
Puzzle
Nomyra Already stabilized

Next round start
Magma elemental -19
Wyrd
Vedrir


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 4/10 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

"Nomyra is as good as she can be. I used the very soft drug to keep her from dying. My data shows that she is stable. "

Says Vedrir through his comms in his armor.


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 0/6 HP 1/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: +1 CHA-based (10 mins)
GMAFlashinTime wrote:
Puzzle, feel free to change your action since the rifti protean was already taken out when your turn happened.

Thanks. I will change a little in light of that.

"Protect Nomyra!' Puzzle directs the crew. "Focus our attacks on the magma elemental. And heed Wyrd's advice." (Get 'Em on the magma elemental)

Knowing their laser fire will be ineffectual, Puzzle opts for a different approach. "I will try to distract it."

Harrying Fire (DC15): 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6 No extra bonus this time...


CG male space goblin (exocortex) 1 | SP 0/7, HP 8/8, RP 3/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 14/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

"This weird thing in my way! I can't get to it!" Kit slaps himself in the head and shouts "you so good at aiming, then aim, Nofun!" Move action to Combat Track the protean.

Subzero ice carbine (vs. KAC), combat tracking: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5 Oof, another nat 1.
Cold and piercing damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

His shot once again misses badly, and stomps his feet, shouting at his own head. "See! You no good, and you no fun either!"


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 4/11 | RP 1/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra's eyes go wide.

Spending 1RP to Stay in the Fight

She stands, and takes a Guarded Step out of the way.


Fire Starters Loot

Rolls

Spoiler:
OddsAttacksNomyra: 1d20 ⇒ 14

The magma elemental takes a guarded step forward, hisses, and takes a swing at Vedrir!

slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
F&B: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Party is up

Wyrd
Vedrir
Kit
Puzzle
Nomyra

Next round start
Magma elemental -19


CG male space goblin (exocortex) 1 | SP 0/7, HP 8/8, RP 3/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 14/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

Subzero ice carbine (vs. KAC), combat tracking: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10
Cold and piercing damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Kit continues to fume and stomps back another few feet as another shot misses (I assume). "Bah! This thing too shifty!"


Exocortex AI

Perhaps if you stopped throwing a tantrum after every miss and started looking at the targeting data I'm sending you...


CG male space goblin (exocortex) 1 | SP 0/7, HP 8/8, RP 3/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 14/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

Kit does not seem calmed by whatever he's hearing in his head.


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 4/11 | RP 1/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra swings her fist around at the magma creature before stepping back.

punch!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
ouch!: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Fire Starters Loot

Nomyra's punch downs the magma elemental! It hisses and falls.

We're out of initiative! What would you like to do now?


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 0/6 HP 1/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: +1 CHA-based (10 mins)

As the magma elemental crashes to the floor, Puzzle immediately grabs something from their pack. Offering it to Nomyra, the object is revealed to be a serum of healing. "Well done. You should take some rest."

Puzzle continues past their recuperating colleague, to better examine the room that housed the magma elemental. Pausing just beyond the threshold, the android looks around.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 4/11 | RP 1/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra leans against the wall, still wobbly on her feet.

"Can we take...a couple of minutes...to catch our breath?"


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 0/6 HP 1/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: +1 CHA-based (10 mins)

Nomyra, just in case you missed it - see above, I think we posted at the same time.


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 4/10 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir takes the hit and is relieved that the fighting is over.

Vedrir takes his micro lab and is doing some tests on Nomyra and himself in an attempt to heal some of the wounds that they have taken.
Medicine, threat wounds, DC25, Nomyra: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Medicine, threat wounds, DC25, Vedrir: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

But to no effect.

Vedrir sits to the side and rest for 10 minutes

Regainig stamina and my Inhibitors and Boosters

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd opens up his senses to the input of the universe and glances around the room as everyone takes a short rest to regain their breath.

casting detect magic, not actively exploring and searching for things before the 10 minutes have past since I don't want to trigger anything, just looking around to bit to see if anything pops out

"Hey Vedrir..think we can get some useful - or at least valuable - tissue samples out of either of them?"

I have honestly no idea if biohackers need tissue samples for what they do, but in character it seems like something you'd want to ..harvest? collect? especially since I think it are pretty rare creatures


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 4/11 | RP 1/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra shakes her head slightly at Puzzle as she struggles to catch her breath. She pulls out one of her own and drinks it.

healing serum: 1d8 ⇒ 6

"Ah, that's much better. Thank you, though. What do you suppose this thing was doing here?"

Nomyra spends one RP and ten minutes to regain stamina.


Fire Starters Loot

Puzzle looks around the room. They realize that, despite minor damage to the room, the place appears unused. Headsets and hologram projectors have no media loaded, and the hookahs are empty. However, some of the stations have been prepared for future use; Puzzle finds a variety of mild intoxicants for smoking collectively weighing 1 bulk and worth about 200 credits total.

One of the two blast doors to the north has taken a beating from the small magma elemental. It looks damaged, which would make it (relatively) easier to break. It also has a place for a keycard to be inserted.


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 4/10 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir after the rest says to Wyrd:

"Yes I will collect the samples and do some more tests when we come back on the station."

After he collects some and hides to his backpack he asks:

"Where do we go now?"

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd glances this way and that

"If we trust that shifting creature there's someone behind that door"

Wyrd points at the door Angry Abs is rumored to behind

"and the magma elemental was trying to get into there.."

Wyrd indicated the banged up door.

"If we go by a general ship layout and assume the cockpit will be in the front we need to keep heading forward..if we want to reach the cockpit"

"Personally I'm kind of curious as to what the magma creature was trying to reach"


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 4/11 | RP 1/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra smiles wryly. "So, Wyrd, what you're saying is that there could be danger behind every door? Sounds about right. Yeah, let's see what the magma creature wanted so badly."


Fire Starters Loot

Wyrd and Nomyra investigate the two sets of blast double doors heading forward/north in the ship. Both sets are locked. The one damaged by the magma elemental looks like it would be relatively easier to get through, but the blast doors still look sturdy.

Lacking a keycard for the doors, the team will need an Engineering check (to open) or Strength check (to try to break) to go through the doors. Trying to blast your way through the doors is another option, but based on the weapons you have available that looks like it could take a very long time.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG male space goblin (exocortex) 1 | SP 0/7, HP 8/8, RP 3/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 14/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

"Outtatheway! I open!" Kit comes bounding up to the locked and damaged door, pausing just a moment to scratch his head as he looks it over. He nods once and sets to work trying to get the door open.

Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24


Fire Starters Loot

Kit works on the locks to the blast doors but can't seem to find a way to get them open. However, in the attempt he realizes that if the ship's power were temporarily shut down, emergency overrides would be engaged that would make the doors somewhat easier to open.


Fire Starters Loot

Also forgot to post this earlier after Wyrd looked around the room you were currently in with the rifti protean.

Rolls

Spoiler:

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Mysticism: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Wyrd

Spoiler:
You don't gain any special insights glancing around the room you're in.


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 0/6 HP 1/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: +1 CHA-based (10 mins)

"Perhaps this door over here?" Puzzle suggests, making their way to the single door on the northern wall. "It appears to lead in the same direction."

The a droid attempts to open the door.


Fire Starters Loot

Puzzle touches the regular door heading north. It slides open.

The ceiling of this long room rises in two almond-shaped domes, their crystal emblazoned with a slowly shifting holographic fresco of efreet warriors in gleaming powered armor. One wall holds a couple shallow alcoves with charging hookups, while the other is lined with clear-fronted lockers holding a variety of armaments. You can't make out what armaments are in each locker from the room's entrance, though both armor and weapons appear stored in various lockers. Two airlocks cover most of the forward wall.

Rolls

Spoiler:

Verdir Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Puzzle Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Wyrd Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Nomyra Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Kit Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

The room has two airlocks on its northern/forward wall and a regular door to the north facing east. Puzzle and Wyrd hear a faint thudding coming from the room behind the western airlock - sort of what one might expect if one was moving heavy pieces of equipment or furniture.

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Before
Sorry, Alice..no souvenir for you yet. The rooms so far seem pretty devoid of gifts to take back to the ACN-1"

---------------------------------------------

Wyrd holds up a finger in front of his to indicate silence and then quietly whispers across the team comm.

"I'm hearing some sort of faint thudding coming from the room behind the western airlock - sort of what I'd expect if one was moving heavy pieces of equipment or furniture. I think it might be the surviving crew trying to barricade the magma elemental out? Do we want to announce our presence and try to resolve this diplomatically?

Wyrd glances around with a raised eyebrow at the rest of the party questioning if they agree with his reasoning and it's some of the danger(s) Nomyra is expecting behind every door


AC 12 TL 11 Hull points: 70/70 Shields Front: 14/20 Starboard 20/20 Port 20/20 Aft 20/20 Glitches: -

Before

In a slightly disappointing tone of voice Alice replies
"That ok, I do appreciate you taking the time to think about the souvenir. Even if you haven't found anything yet."

Then following that in an upbeat tone of voice
"..But if you do happen to run across something you'll bring it back right?"


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 4/10 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir pulls out with his 4th hand Hail pistol responding to Wyrd:

"Sure, let us try the diplomatic measures. I am ready for whatever might come out of there."

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd takes a few deep breaths and centers himself

Casting Charming Veneer on myself and Puzzle for the next 10 minutes we have a +1 circumstance bonus to Charisma checks and Charisma-based skill checks

He then walks closer at the door he heard the noise behind and speaks loudly

"Hello, this is the crew of the ACN-1. We drove of the Fire Whale attacking this vessel. Are we addressing the crew of this vessel?"

and waits for a response as he nervously hops from one foot to the other ready to jump out of the way and glancing across his shoulder at Vedrir and the others to make sure he's got his back in case it's not a friendly response.

Diplomacy included just in case: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 = 19


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 4/11 | RP 1/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra leaves the talking to the talky ones, but stands alert in case the noise comes from something else dangerous.


Fire Starters Loot

The party enters the room, following Wyrd. As they walk in, they notice the following items in the clear-front lockers:
*A suit of black basic iridishell armor with the appearance of cooled magma.
*A tactical dueling sword and two assault hammers.
*An azimuth laser pistol, an autotarget rifle, and a light reaction cannon.
*Three extra batteries, 50 longarm rounds, and 24 heavy weapon rounds.

Wyrd calls out toward the room where the noise is coming from.

A few moments later the airlock door opens. A short female humanoid (about four feet tall) with fiery hair and brass-colored skin steps through the airlock, holding a maul. See slides

She speaks with a loud voice in Common.

"Interlopers! My name is Koshnar. You might have come this far, but your efforts to capture this ship end here!"

With a shout, she raises her maul and prepares to rush forward!

Rolls

Spoiler:

Koshnar Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Vedrir Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Puzzle Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Wyrd Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Nomyra Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Kit Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Wyrd Mysticism: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Wyrd

Spoiler:
This is an azer, an outsider native to the Plane of Fire. You know that azers can cause any weapon they wield to deal half its damage as fire damage and gain the burn critical hit effect.

And Koshnar won initiative, too.

Koshnar steps forward at Wyrd, spitting out something in a language you don't understand. As she swings her maul, it ignites in flame!

Maul: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 vs KAC
C&F: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Koshnar's maul crunches into Wyrd, dealing both freezing and burning damage.

Vedrir, I noticed you rested to restore stamina but you still have 0 stamina on your character. Just a reminder to give yourself your stamina back.

Bold go!

15 Koshnar
13 Puzzle
10 Kit
09 Nomyra
04 Vedrir
03 Wyrd

Round 2 start

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

"Well..that's not how I hoped this would go...."

Wyrd grunts between his teeth as he absorbs the impact of the hammer and notices the flames lick harmlessly past his skin as his thick hide insulates him from the cold

Just to check, the maul does cold and fire damage..not blunt? As a tiefling I have resist 5 cold and 5 fire which I think both apply and the damage done get's divided across both types..so I'd take no damage from that attack?

"We aren't trying to take you ship! We just saved it from a giant fire breathing space whale!"

"...well, I'm seriously considering taking away the ship from you now..." Wyrd thinks to himself before saying with just a hint of sarcasm in his voice

"Everyone, meet Koshnar, an Azer..as you can see she can make her weapons ablaze with flames. It seems she can't be reasoned with right now, but maybe try to take her alive and we can try again later?"

Wyrd then takes a step back to allow others to get closer and opens the pathway between the freezer back on the ACN-1 filled with frozen one person dinners and the space around Koshnar causing an area to fill with enough cold to freeze meat solid in just under 5 minutes.

Casting hazard
Cold damage Koshnar: 1d3 ⇒ 1 Reflex save DC 12 to negate


Fire Starters Loot

The maul starts out dealing cold and bludgeoning damage. The Azer's "elemental fire (su)" ability adds fire to the damage type, but if the weapon already has two damage types (C&B) it replaces one of them. I chose, essentially randomly, to have it replace B, so the weapon now deals C&F but attacks KAC. Koshnar doesn't know anything about tieflings, and will be very surprised that her 4 Cold/3 Fire attack did literally no damage to Wyrd.

A look of surprise crosses the azer's face as she spits out a single word that sounds like a log popping.

Please make an SR check to see if the spell affects Koshnar. If it does...

She tries to dodge out of the way of Wyrd's cold.

Ref: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

And does.

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

SR check even though she will dodge: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

"..it seems we are at an impasse..' Wyrd comments as he notices his attack having as much effect on Koshar as the maul had on him.

I'd be happy to tank this one since I think I'd get hit a lot for little damage (unless something changes) although I already moved this round, so maybe Nomyra can step up this round, hit and next round hit and step back again and I'll step into place?


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 0/6 HP 1/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: +1 CHA-based (10 mins)

"Hold! We do not wish to capture your vessel!" Puzzle shouts, extending their hand, palm out toward the azer as she challenges them. "We came to check on the health of your crew. Your communications systems appear to be malfunctioning."

The android moves into action once it seems Koshnar intends to let her maul do the talking. "Spread out and use our range to advantage," Puzzle announces the tactic over the comms. Get 'Em

Attempting to lead by example, Puzzle fires a single shot of their azimuth rifle at the azer.

Azimuth laser rifle+Get ‘em: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4
Flame Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


CG male space goblin (exocortex) 1 | SP 0/7, HP 8/8, RP 3/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 14/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

Kit takes aim at the onrushing azer, then pauses a moment and rolls his eyes. "Fine, you do it!" After a moment, he crouches down, raises his weapon again, and fires between Vedrir's legs at the azer. Move action for Combat Tracking, standard action to fire.

Subzero ice carbine (vs. KAC), combat tracking: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8
C & P Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

"Nofun, you nogood shot!"

151 to 200 of 302 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Flash's Fire Starters All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.